Miami NASDAQ - 100 Open [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Miami NASDAQ - 100 Open

Hasilicious
03-17-2005, 01:55 PM
Tommy heads to Miami today to start preparing. Tommy, wishing you serenity, happiness and health for this next Masters Event. You are so, so talented!!! Win this one!!!

Neely
03-17-2005, 03:18 PM
Better luck this time, Tommy! :)

smucav
03-19-2005, 05:24 PM
http://www.nasdaq-100open.com/news/pr/news21459.htmlTaking Tennis to the Streets of Miami

On March 18, the NASDAQ-100 Open and Miami-Dade County Parks and Recreation officials closed the street in front of the Stephen P. Clark building in downtown Miami and set up a regulation size tennis court. Stars Tommy Haas and James Blake worked on court with children from the Miami Dade County Parks & Recreation tennis program. RacquetWorld provided the net, Lite FM's Ellen Jaffe and Richard Lewis were the Emcees, Starbucks provided sapmples of their Strawberry Frappacinos and FILA provided t-shirts and bandanas for the kids.

Photo Gallery (http://www.nasdaq-100open.com/news/photos/gallery21458.html)

tom&ni
03-20-2005, 12:43 AM
Aaaaawwwww!!!!!! :hug:

Thanx smucav!

You know, it's funny- I play with a Babolat racquet similar to that! I could have been that kid! :hysteric: Ha ha ha! Great, Tommy, really great. :yeah: Thanx for being so human, boy! :)

smucav
03-21-2005, 07:54 PM
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=1392056&postcount=1

Haas has a bye in the first round & will face either a qualifier or Mardy Fish in the second round.

Hasilicious
03-25-2005, 02:41 PM
Looks like Tommy should be on the tennis channel tomorrow (Saturday). They are televising all day and he is not on Friday's schedule. What a treat to see the beautiful one on tv! Yes, it would be very special for him to win this one on his birthday. Go Tommy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tom&ni
03-26-2005, 01:46 AM
Woohoo!!! That would be great indeed!! Winning on his birthday... He can absolutely win this, I'm sure. Aries watches over him now!! ;) Anyways, I'll be just as happy if he plays his best in this tournament, no matter what the outcame be. I'd hate to watch another "Indian Wells Massacre"... Come on, Tommy!!!!!

P.S.: Great Hasilicious! Lucky to watch it on TV, then... I'll see if I get it here as well. I haven't seen him play since the Hopman Cup... I miss him play so much!!! :awww:

Neely
03-26-2005, 02:41 PM
Good luck against Mardy Fish, Tommy! :yeah:

tom&ni
03-27-2005, 12:34 AM
So... our Hasilicious Boy passed on to third round? Good luck, Tommy, against Mario Ancic!! :yeah:

boyzonehaas
03-27-2005, 04:07 AM
Good luck,Tommy :devil: hope u beat Ancic :o

Neely
03-27-2005, 12:06 PM
Anybody know how he played? Who saw the match courtside or on TV?

Ancic isn't the most consistent either, but if Tommy is playing well he should come through.

TSören
03-27-2005, 03:49 PM
I saw that it was difficult to Tommy to win. He made a lot of double faults and he don't serve very well, but the most important is that he could win this match

Hasilicious
03-27-2005, 07:04 PM
I hope Tommy's shoulder is okay! Marat just lost so the field is getting smaller and Tommy can win this one! I hope he takes Roger down!!! Concentrate on tomorrow first though, dear one. We know you can do it!! You've got all it takes. We are all behind you!!! Happy Easter!!!

tom&ni
03-28-2005, 01:16 AM
I didn't get to see the Mardy Fish match, but you can check out the match statistics at the Nasdaq-100 site. Yeah, many double faults, but less unforced errors than Mardy. Very high on the net approaches, as usual... I really hope he can concentrate, really focus on tennis, and just be himself and win this match tomorrow. He plays at 11.00 AM, and I could say he's "almost" face to face with the "FedererExpress", should he win... Nevermind! Focus on tomorrow, Tommy... and the rest will come along! Be strong, be patient... and BE YOU!!! We're with you!!!!! ;)

tom&ni
03-28-2005, 01:19 AM
Oh, I forgot! He updated his homepage, and he talks about the match there.

Happy Easter!

*SKYE*
03-28-2005, 02:50 AM
GOOD LUCK HAASI! the match against Mario Ancic is gonna be a tough one.

I♥PsY@Mus!c
03-28-2005, 04:34 AM
Good luck to you and hope your shoulder is OK. :D

Steffi
03-28-2005, 04:05 PM
Good luck Tommy!!!!

tom&ni
03-29-2005, 01:54 AM
Our Sugar Love lost... 6-4 6-4... Terrible :sad: Ancic wouldn't let him play :(

*SKYE*
03-29-2005, 10:04 AM
:mad: .................................................. .......................................... :mad:

how disappointing. :sad:

fanancic
03-29-2005, 10:30 AM
Mario ancic is the best...

Neely
03-29-2005, 08:32 PM
Tommy :sad:
I didn't see that match, but for me it just looks like as he if he can't deliver his best play currently...

*sigh*

Hopefully it doesn't go downwards now for him... please keep fighting, Tommy! :)

Jogy
03-30-2005, 12:16 AM
really bad that Hasi so bad at the moment :sad:
doesnt seem to be free playing. Like handicapped in his mind?! :sad:

Fee
03-30-2005, 01:07 AM
Neely,
Is there anything in the German press about him these days? I just wonder if everything is okay with him right now.

Fee
03-30-2005, 02:20 AM
Can someone translate? Tommy's done a German entry without doing an English one (again). Thanks!

Miami: Aus gegen Mario Ancic

Nach 1:39 Std. war die Partie auf dem Grandstand beendet: 4:6, 4:6. Mario hat erwartet stark serviert und das Match auch verdient gewonnen. Am Ende war es jeweils ein Break pro Satz, das die Entscheidung brachte.
Ich war gesundheitlich angeschlagen in dieses Match gegangen. Schnupfen, starke Halsschmerzen - das hat es bestimmt nicht einfacher gemacht. Morgen werde ich bereits, zusammen mit meiner Schwester Karin, nach Hause fahren. Meine Erkaeltung auskurieren und mich anschliessend auf die Sandplatzsaison vorbereiten.

Euch weiterhin viel Spaß auf meiner Homepage!

Viele Grüße,
Tommy

Hasilicious
03-30-2005, 03:14 AM
Yes, unfortunately I think something is going on with him. Something with Sandy? Whatever he was referring to after Indian Wells that he said made his heart bleed? That sounds so terribly sad and wounded. Really he should be on top of the world, not down in the doldrums. I fear he feels everything to the bone. So sensitive. His intensity is almost palpable to me and I hurt for his hurt.

Tommy, be that sunny German boy, that awesomely talented and awesomely beautiful and gifted creature that you were meant to be! You are greatly loved and admired around the world. Be free!!!

Fee
03-30-2005, 05:05 AM
Sandy? I don't think they are back together, I think that's just a rumor.

Neely
03-30-2005, 02:50 PM
Miami: Aus gegen Mario Ancic

Nach 1:39 Std. war die Partie auf dem Grandstand beendet: 4:6, 4:6. Mario hat erwartet stark serviert und das Match auch verdient gewonnen. Am Ende war es jeweils ein Break pro Satz, das die Entscheidung brachte.
Ich war gesundheitlich angeschlagen in dieses Match gegangen. Schnupfen, starke Halsschmerzen - das hat es bestimmt nicht einfacher gemacht. Morgen werde ich bereits, zusammen mit meiner Schwester Karin, nach Hause fahren. Meine Erkaeltung auskurieren und mich anschliessend auf die Sandplatzsaison vorbereiten.
Miami: out against Mario Ancic

After 1:39 hours the match on the Grandstand was over: 4:6 4:6. Mario Ancic has served expectedly very well and won the match deservedly. At the end it was one break at the end of each set that brought the decision. I went ill into this match, a cold, very sore throat - that for sure didn't make it easier. Tomorrow I will go back home together with my sister Karin. I will try to cure my cold and then prepare for claycourt season.

Well, not too much info.... anyway, either it was his back in the past, his head was somewhere else or a cold... :rolleyes:

Neely
03-30-2005, 02:58 PM
Neely,
Is there anything in the German press about him these days? I just wonder if everything is okay with him right now.
No, no special news that I saw about him with further information. They don't seem to know more than what he said on his homepage.

Jogy
03-30-2005, 04:36 PM
Maria Ancic
:haha: :rolls:

Neely
03-30-2005, 06:16 PM
:haha: :rolls:
Idiot! :p Don't make fun of my typing errors :( :o

BTW, error corrected.... :yeah:

tom&ni
03-31-2005, 12:50 AM
Oh, come on, ladies, be serious! ( :haha: ) OK, so now we know why Tommy couldn't take on Mario: he was ill! Poor thing... :awww: ! I hope he'll be feeling well now and willing and able to go on with the tour. Get well, Tommy!!!

P.S.: Sorry, babies, but he IS with Sandy right now (check it for yourselves at Tommy Haas Fan Network, under the Nasdaq-100 tournament: the guiltiest evidence of all- the pics!) Anyways, I'll be happy is he's happy! :yeah: OK Tommy!

Hasilicious
03-31-2005, 01:00 AM
Thanks for the translation, Neely. Yes, as I think I told ya'll earlier, Sandy was in Memphis with Tommy. Hope she is good for him and to him. Don't mess with that boy's pretty head!!!

Marko
04-01-2005, 09:41 PM
poor tommy ;)
next tournament he gets better :) and better :) and better:)

so good luck ;)

Fee
04-02-2005, 03:23 AM
Hey Marko, Welcome to the board!

TSören
04-02-2005, 08:23 AM
Could someone tell me more about Sandy ?
Thanks

Neely
04-02-2005, 04:13 PM
Could someone tell me more about Sandy ?
Thanks
Depends on what you want to know :p

Her full name is Sandy Mayer(Meyer)-Wölden. She is five years younger than him and the dougther of Boris Becker's old manager. They got to know each other midyear of 1999 and I think they finally (officially) split up four years later because it didn't work well before while Tommy was travelling all over the world because of his tennis.

They also did a hot photo shooting together for the SI Swimsuit Edition (in 2003?!).

After Sandy, Tommy started dating a girl named "Rebecca" in the German press and she was said to be a law student in Florida, 21 years old and a bit of the type like Sandy. But that was only for very short time, if I remember correctly. After it was over, Tommy said something like that she didn't understand that he is a tennis pro and that he has to visit lots of places all over the world and that he can't be together with her always. He more wanted her to come with him, but she didn't want to. Therefore it was over quite soon.

tom&ni
04-03-2005, 03:55 AM
Wow, Neely! You could write a book with that...! :lol: I still don't understand the part in which Rebecca is offered to go on tour with Tommy... and she says no! :confused: What better than traveling all around the world, watch tennis all day and spend the journey with Tommy!? I don't know about you, ladies, but that sounds just right up my alley!! I don't understand this girl... if it was because of work, she should be a translator (like me)- all you need is your lap-top and an Internet connection! ;) I don't understand this girl at all... :rolleyes:

TSören
04-03-2005, 07:30 AM
Thanks for the whole story.
Oh ! This ladies don't understand how lucky they are. I would like to spend all the day with Tommy.
And I think it's not a good thing to begin an old story again. The problemes are the same.

P.S. I'm sorry I don't write english very well

Fee
04-03-2005, 08:17 AM
Tommy and Rebecca were together for a little bit longer than a few months. I think they broke up after he won Houston, but before he came to Los Angeles in the summer. She was a law student and her studies probably made it very hard to travel with him.

Anyway, I looked at the picture on that fan messageboard and I can't tell if it's Sandy or his sister (no recent photos of Sandy to compare it to). There was a rumor that she was in San Jose in February, but it wasn't her (it was the daughter of one of the tournament sponsors and he spoke to her for ten minutes). Forgive me for being a bit skeptical at this point.

tom&ni
04-04-2005, 01:51 AM
Why, you write English pretty well, TSören! :yeah:

Yes, dears, one more time- he IS with Sandy right now!!! Check it at Tommy Haas Fan Network, under Nasdaq-100, there's a good deal of pics of Tommy at the tournament, and Sandy appears right in one of them, with pink glasses. Sorry, I hate telling these things... :shrug:

Hasilicious
04-04-2005, 02:25 AM
Yes indeedy, I expect that the delicious birthday boy spent some time with Sandy today, and alas tonight. I saw her with him myself in Memphis in late February. Happy Birthday dreams tonight Tommy!

TSören
04-04-2005, 04:47 AM
Oh you have certanly right.
Our Tommy must be happy.
I wish him health and happiness.

Thanks tom&ni

tom&ni
04-05-2005, 01:52 AM
Now, there's my girls!!! :yeah: Accepting the unacceptable... Oh, Sandy! If you knew... :rolleyes: