I'm eager to see Ljubicic against Hewitt & Safin [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

I'm eager to see Ljubicic against Hewitt & Safin

mangoes
03-17-2005, 07:07 AM
To take Roger to two tie breaks, Ivan must have played good tennis. I looked at the stats for the game, and Ivan's weren't bad. But, I'm tired of Luj and Rog, time for Luj and Hewitt/Safin. But in my personal opinion, I think Lujubicic is playing top 5 tennis, he is just running into a bump in the road named federer............lolol.........but that's what a no. 1 player would do to you!!! :) :) :)

Roger-No.1
03-17-2005, 07:11 AM
I would love that too....

In Miami he should be in the other side of the draw....

mangoes
03-17-2005, 07:14 AM
Oh great!!! I just bought my Nasdaq 100 tickets today............................ I think Ivan can beat Hewitt, but I think beating Safin will depend on what type of day Safin is having, that's 50/50.

Dirk
03-17-2005, 07:15 AM
Maybe he will strip Andy of the title. :devil:

mangoes
03-17-2005, 07:27 AM
Maybe he will strip Andy of the title. :devil:

NNNOOOOOOO Don't say that, I just paid a ton of money to go to that event, I want to see Federer.................LOLOLOLOL :D :D :D

World Beater
03-17-2005, 07:28 AM
ivan has a better chance against safin than hewitt...ivan can hold serve and wait for marat to oaf once in each set.

Hewitt is does not give you any freebies...and even though ivan has improved his baseline play...hewitt is still to consistent..goran always said that hewitt was a bad matchup for him...whereas roger and andy make errors once in a while

mangoes
03-17-2005, 07:29 AM
ivan has a better chance against safin than hewitt...ivan can hold serve and wait for marat to oaf once in each set.

Hewitt is does not give you any freebies...and even though ivan has improved his baseline play...hewitt is still to consistent..goran always said that hewitt was a bad matchup for him...whereas roger and andy make errors once in a while

Never thought of it like that, good point. Only thing I disagree with is Roger making errors. I think Roger is more consistent than Hewitt.

BlackSilver
03-17-2005, 07:31 AM
whereas roger and andy make errors once in a while

Hum, no, Federer is in the same level of consistency compared to Hewitt.

World Beater
03-17-2005, 07:42 AM
i am pseudo quoting what goran said (roger and andy thing)...

Auscon
03-17-2005, 08:23 AM
A Lubicic v Hewitt matchup would be great...guaranteed a good match there, as opposed to Lubicic v Safin where the latter could be having one of those days

World Beater
03-17-2005, 08:32 AM
ljubo can take out everyone except fed, hewitt, nalby

raphael
03-17-2005, 08:53 AM
nalby?????? did you see the kiefer-nalbandian match?

World Beater
03-17-2005, 09:20 AM
nalby is not in good form...but look back to madrid...where nalby and ljubo were playing well (nalby won)-indoors too! Of course...ivan is more confident now

Cervantes
03-17-2005, 09:34 AM
I don't care who Ivan plays as long as it's not Federer again. Any quarter besides Federer's would do for Ivan so he can prove he can beat those other guys.

World Beater
03-17-2005, 10:07 AM
ivan is super confident right now and should be...agassi and roddick get routined by federer...but here is ivan pushing roger to two tb's...

miami will see him in the other side of the draw..and will be interesting indeed

perrygreen
03-17-2005, 01:14 PM
It will be very interesting to see Ljubo playing Hewitt. I hope they meet in Miami. If Ljubo plays Marat in Miami, Ljubo will win in 2 as Marat hardly wins any matches in Miami, so it will not be something spectacular.

Roger-No.1
03-21-2005, 11:16 AM
Go Ljubo

bad gambler
03-21-2005, 11:22 AM
hewitt would take care of ljuby - he has troubles with players who have variety in their game, namely the fed express :rolleyes:

Art&Soul
03-21-2005, 11:28 AM
hewitt would take care of ljuby - he has troubles with players who have variety in their game, namely the fed express :rolleyes:
Ditto and Ljubo would take care of Marat :) Hope they meet in the Miami :D

Rogiman
03-21-2005, 11:28 AM

Hewitt might encounter against Ivan similar problems to those he faces against Roger: Superior power off both wings, and unpredictability of his opponent's actions.

GoranIvanisevic546346
03-21-2005, 11:39 AM
Ivan will beat Hewitt....

Puschkin
03-21-2005, 11:42 AM
It will be very interesting to see Ljubo playing Hewitt. I hope they meet in Miami. If Ljubo plays Marat in Miami, Ljubo will win in 2 as Marat hardly wins any matches in Miami, so it will not be something spectacular.

Well, I won't get to "see" it, as I won't have any channel covering Miami :( , but I fully agree, that it will be interesting if Ljubicic comes out against the likes of Hewitt, Roddick, Marat.

RaVeR
03-21-2005, 12:05 PM
Go Ljubo