IW coverage in Germany? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

IW coverage in Germany?

KarstenBraasch#1
03-16-2005, 12:33 PM
Sorry if this has already been addressed before but today I realised that DSF is obviously no longer showing the highlights. :( :o (The fact that I only realise this NOW tells you something about my lack of interest due to horrible coverage in the past few years. :rolleyes: )

That would mean that there are no pictures of the biggest events outside the Grand Slams. Surely this can't be in the interest of the ATP and German tennis, so how is this disgrace possible? :mad:

Neely
03-16-2005, 01:10 PM
The contract between ATP and Premiere was no longer extended and ended with Paris TMS 2004.

So far, a new contract doesn't exist and I don't know if there will be any further contract negotiations in near future.

jrm
03-16-2005, 01:40 PM
maybe becuae it US tourney ... usually they don't miss clay court tournaments

Neely
03-16-2005, 04:42 PM
maybe becuae it US tourney ... usually they don't miss clay court tournaments
It never mattered if this was a Masters in the US or in Europe, they showed them all.

Only if they make a new contract there is hope that we will see the rest of the Masters, but Indian Wells and Miami are definitely gone so far.

Space Cowgirl
03-16-2005, 08:49 PM
It never mattered if this was a Masters in the US or in Europe, they showed them all.
I don't recall much of the Indian Wells or Miami Masters being shown here last year, only the finals really. It sucks :mad: and will suck even more if Nicolas Kiefer does well this week

ClaycourtaZzZz.
03-16-2005, 09:01 PM
I don't recall much of the Indian Wells or Miami Masters being shown here last year, only the finals really. It sucks :mad: and will suck even more if Nicolas Kiefer does well this week

why does premiere stopt showing AMS?
:(
finaly i got premiere and now that!
someone has a idea what i can do?
thx alot!

Space Cowgirl
03-16-2005, 09:04 PM
why does premiere stopt showing AMS?
:(
finaly i got premiere and now that!
someone has a idea what i can do?
thx alot!
I really don't know, Federer_Express. I have Premiere as well and in the tv guide there is no mention of coverage of either IW or Miami :mad:
Neely said that the contract with the ATP ran out last year after the Paris Masters. Will be interesting to see if any of the TMS in Europe will be shown

KarstenBraasch#1
03-16-2005, 09:06 PM
I'm glad that I never got Premiere. :)

Giving the coverage of Grand Slams and Masters events to pay-TV at a time when tennis was already going downhill was the biggest mistake ever and now we all have to pay for it.

Eve83
03-16-2005, 10:50 PM
CNN World Sports and Eurosport News is the only way to see some ATP-action at the moment (those 4 seconds rock;))...

At least there´s eurosport broadcasting the WTA tourneys

Neely
03-16-2005, 11:12 PM
Well, depends upon what you understand as "much". Premiere showed live matches from Indian Wells and Miami last year, but only one per day. So consider it as much or not, but at least we got to see something ;)