The Greatness of Flake [Fish and Blake] [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

The Greatness of Flake [Fish and Blake]

aceit
03-16-2005, 01:40 AM
Mardy and James deserve their own thread. I don't know exactly what to say, but I wanted to make this. :p

Fill this with pictures/results/complaints/whatever. Or just use it to express your love for our dearest Flake.

They are currently up a set on Arthurs/Hanley, but they are down a break. Hopefully they can win this one. I'm still amazing that they won the other night.

Ale10
03-16-2005, 01:48 AM
They are not so bad. They are beating Arthurs/Hanley right now.

aceit
03-16-2005, 01:58 AM
They aren't bad at all. They just make for an interesting doubles team. But that's why we love them.

Now it's 1 set a piece. Oy.

Deboogle!.
03-16-2005, 02:11 AM
They're a very good team, actually. They just don't play that often (though they're playing a lot this year, so far). I saw them win their Houston title last year and I saw all the matches. They communicate well and because they both have pretty decent all-around games, they're tough. I saw them take out Knowles/Nestor in this fantastic match with a third set TB. They have real potential to be a successful team, they just have to play more :)

aceit
03-16-2005, 02:25 AM
Flake lost. 2-6, 6-4, 6-3.

It's a shame. They seemed it be playing real well the first set. :sad:

Deboogle!.
03-16-2005, 02:54 AM
Yea... but dont forget, Arthurs/Hanley are a top top doubles team, and Arthurs is playing the tennis of his life. it's not an embarrassing or bad loss by any means. I hope they stick with it and get a WC into Miami too :) If nothing else, it might help their singles games, too.

simpletennis
03-16-2005, 05:48 AM
Yea... but dont forget, Arthurs/Hanley are a top top doubles team, and Arthurs is playing the tennis of his life. it's not an embarrassing or bad loss by any means. I hope they stick with it and get a WC into Miami too :) If nothing else, it might help their singles games, too.

yea, i guess they played pretty well to the #1 doubles team. they got a set from them, and their not even seeded. i'm proud of team flake

Éowyn
03-17-2005, 07:20 AM
i'd have put this in the team usa bit coz then more of the james fans would see it too! but hey ho!

Aleksa's Laydee
03-17-2005, 06:24 PM
they are a great team, shame they had to face arthurs and hanley!

aceit
03-17-2005, 11:43 PM
i'd have put this in the team usa bit coz then more of the james fans would see it too! but hey ho!
I thought about doing that, but it was too late. :p

Golfnduck
03-18-2005, 03:28 PM
They are a great doubles team. It would be good if they played doubles more often. I think it would help Mardy's confidence alot.

MissFairy
03-20-2005, 11:57 AM
i heart flake :hearts: them...their game...yeah i love it!

lauren good thread :hug:

im glad theyre playing more together, it'll help them in their singles :) but i hope they dont concentrate too much on it, after all they're single players

give it up for...TEAM FLAKE! :bigclap:

http://images.sportsline.com/u/photos/tennis/img6175704.jpg

okay this one isnt them playing, but look how cute they look pretending their baseball players :lol:

http://www.stomps.org/Blakes/Images/James/2003/Cincy/cincy05.jpg

yeahhh....

http://www.stomps.org/Blakes/Images/James/DC-Slovak/daviscup-ok09.jpg

http://www.stomps.org/Blakes/Images/James/DC-Slovak/daviscup-ok12.jpg
i agree, Kellerer, look at them, cutest ATP gay couple award maybe?

FLAKE ROCK

http://www.stomps.org/Blakes/Images/James/DC-Slovak/daviscup-ok11.jpg

okay..im done :)

HEiKE
03-20-2005, 03:56 PM
can't see the pics :-(

Deboogle!.
03-20-2005, 03:56 PM
I have lots of flake pics, since I saw all their matches in Houston last year. The scanner I used at the time isn't the greatest, so they look blurry. but I can post them if you want - just let me know :)

MissFairy
03-20-2005, 04:15 PM
Deb, do we even need to ask, blurry or not blurry Flake are the crumbliest choco...i meant sweetest doubles team since the Bryans :)

Deboogle!.
03-20-2005, 06:53 PM
LOL ok here ya go

MissFairy
03-20-2005, 06:56 PM
Deb, theyre awesome :banana: thankyou :hug:
i heart the seventh one :dance: why? who knows :lol:

Deboogle!.
03-20-2005, 07:30 PM
:) You're welcome. I wish I had the pics out here with me, I'd rescan them.

Oh, here's one more that wouldn't fit the first time. But I HATE that it looks so blurry :mad: :smash:

I like the 8th one - they were practicing on center court before their big SF against Knowles/Nestor and they were doing the ritual end of practice baseball game and Jamesie wasn't doing so well so Mardy went to play catch LOL

I have more pics of them individually, but these are all the ones of them together :) And the last one is funny b/c Mardy's trying to run away with the trophy. It was a great great moment.

I hope they play at LA together in July, I'll be able to take better pics with my digicam :D

MissFairy
03-20-2005, 07:39 PM
oh my gosh i am so :silly: i meant the eighth one :lol: thats not a good sign, im trying to take a maths a-level right now :smash: not a wise choice, im guessing!

oh i hope they do play aswell, then theyll come out like your DC ones which were :banana: mardy running away with the trophy! hehe thats awesome :) i love watching doubles, its a shame it doesnt get much airtime on TV, when i saw the Bryans i loved it :)

Deboogle!.
03-20-2005, 07:42 PM
LOL OH!! I was gonna ask why you liked that rather normal pic of their warmup :lol:

I totally agree with you about doubles. It's so fast-paced and high-energy. Plus you really see how the teams interact with each other and stuff, I love that. Their doubles semifinal was my favorite match of the entire tourney (and I saw almost everything :lol). It was so intense and stuff, went down to a third set TB and I remember Mardy made these incredible returns in that TB - he's really the one that won it for them.

As of right now, they're both entered in the tournament according to the site - so yay :) Is it the end of July yet? :lol:

I remember this one moment - I think it was during the final, where James missed a ball or something and you know how sometimes after a player misses a ball he sort of just slaps it away? Well he slapped it away and it hit right at Mardy's BACK :haha: so Mardy lifted up his shirt and James looked at it and stuff. it was really hilarious :)

MissFairy
03-20-2005, 08:10 PM
:lol: i love when stuff like that happen on court, its kind of an insight into the actual person, like an added dimension or something. which we never get with singles really.

watching Flake must have been super, i dont think theyll ever play where i'll see them, maybe one day at Queens, who knows? :shrug:

:lol: that moment is hilarious! its cool, they must really enjoy being out there together, sweet really :)

mardy winning the match for them, its stuff like that that makes me really want him to get a big break in singles, hes good enough. hes just not there, if you get what i mean.

Deboogle!.
03-20-2005, 08:25 PM
mardy winning the match for them, its stuff like that that makes me really want him to get a big break in singles, hes good enough. hes just not there, if you get what i mean.

yes, I do know what you mean. His game is so mature, but his head, it's not quite there. and having Jamesie on court with him really seemed to help. This was after I saw him play an absolutely horrific first round singles match (this was, mind you, also when he started having trouble with his hip last year, so that was definitely a factor), but he went on to play so well in doubles.

I think it's definitely true that you learn more about some of these guys in doubles rather than singles. I definitely had a lot more fun at some of the doubles matches than the singles, and at LA I'm definitely gonna see as much doubles as I can! :)

MissFairy
03-20-2005, 08:31 PM
:banana: thats a dancing fruit in honour of doubles, its sad that the only time we can catch some doubles is if we go to a tournament :sad:
i had the time of my life when i saw the bryans play, watching them interact, well we all know what their like lol. i love that sort of liveliness, i guess thats partly why i love andy so, hes able to show that sort of emotion all alone.
remember Deb, hes not crazy, just animated :lol:

as well as Flake being there for eachother, which may i say is the cutest thing ever, its also great that they have that sort of connection that allows them to play a great doubles match :)

Deboogle!.
03-20-2005, 08:37 PM
as well as Flake being there for eachother, which may i say is the cutest thing ever, its also great that they have that sort of connection that allows them to play a great doubles match :)

Oh absolutely. They are truly good friends. In those pics I posted where Mardy's in an ump's chair and James is down below them (their coaches were scrimmaging, btw, and Mardy was the ump :lol: ), they were playing Robby and his partner in doubles later, and Robby showed up next to them, and I know Robby is buddies with them too but you could it wasn't quite the same, y'know? After watching James and Mardy practice together you can just see that they're really really tight, good friends.

James came to watch Mardy's singles match, and Mardy was at at least one of James's matches, so they support each other's singles careers too. That was also nice to see :)

As to their doubles, I think they just need to play more - they have a really good awareness of each other - not too unlike the Bryans (but not to that level of course) and they have games that complement each other in doubles, too. They both have pretty good serves, they're both good returners, good off the ground, and good at net. And James is a fantastic mover. I mean that all combines to be what should be a very successful doubles pair! Last year, they just played smaller tourneys together, then James got hurt/sick/etc. so they obviously couldn't play much, but this year they're already playing bigger tourneys so I hope they're gonna really go at it as a team - I think it's great for them, I think they can have some success, I think they have a TON of fun doing it, and I think it is good for their singles games too :)

aceit
03-20-2005, 08:48 PM
http://www.menstennisforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=43685

That one's hanging up in my room. :p

Thanks Deb. :)

Deboogle!.
03-25-2005, 07:36 PM
Flake got a WC into Miami! Hopefully James wasn't hurt too badly at the end of his singles match today. They play Oliver/Parrott in the first round - a decent dubs team I think. Goooooooo Flake!

aceit
03-26-2005, 04:31 AM
COME ON FLAKE! :bounce:

MissFairy
03-27-2005, 06:30 PM
ooo theyre on court right now against Oliver/Parrott (USA)

but theyve just been broken, they trail 3-1 first set

Éowyn
03-27-2005, 07:04 PM
go flake :) you actually have a chnace now that mike and bob are out :sad: i still don't know whether to be happy or sad about that. i mean it was arnaud so i'm glad but i'm sad coz it's the twins but it gives flake a chance to get a lil bit further than usual! go flake!

MissFairy
03-27-2005, 07:38 PM
its one set apiece now, so things are looking up :)

JJ, every cloud has a silver lining huh? :hug: arnauds cool, the twins are cool, boy are Flake cool :D

PaulieM
03-27-2005, 08:05 PM
i've been rooting for them but it doesn't seem to be helping :sad:

Deboogle!.
03-27-2005, 08:18 PM
They lost in a third set TB :(

MissFairy
03-27-2005, 08:20 PM
Deb, im in official mourning :sad: :crying2:

no flake, no andy and no marat and its just sundayyyyy :ras: :sad:

Aleksa's Laydee
03-27-2005, 08:25 PM
:sad: so close!!

Éowyn
03-27-2005, 08:35 PM
I think i cursed flake i made avs and they went out. sorry boys!

still arnaud/michael and robby/taylor are still alive in the doubles so thats cool
and tommy, taylor and arnaud are still going in the singles so i still have some boys left. and of course guille but he's playing taylor :sad:

poor flake! i hate tie breaks!

PaulieM
03-27-2005, 08:39 PM
Deb, im in official mourning :sad: :crying2:

no flake, no andy and no marat and its just sundayyyyy :ras: :sad:
i love your avatar, they make such a cute couple, especially now with their semi-matching hairstyles :D

MissFairy
03-27-2005, 08:43 PM
i love your avatar, they make such a cute couple, especially now with their semi-matching hairstyles :D
i know, cutest couple ever :) i heart them :hug: (eowyn made me the av btw, i cant take credit lol)

Deboogle!.
04-17-2005, 01:59 AM
:lol: Flake drew Andy and his buddy Tres Davis in the first round at Houston. They're also in the Bryans' half.

aceit
04-17-2005, 02:03 AM
For once I'm going to have to root for the Flakester instead of Andy and whateverhisnameis.

I would do so much to watch this match.

Éowyn
04-17-2005, 02:04 AM
:lol: Flake drew Andy and his buddy Tres Davis in the first round at Houston. They're also in the Bryans' half.

OMG he's playing with tres????????

that brilliant! i was telling tangy about tres yesterday when talking about juniors! haven't herad about him in ages except on futures circuit *loves tres* :woohoo:

aceit
04-17-2005, 02:04 AM
Pshhhh GO FLAKE. :p

tangerine_dream
04-17-2005, 02:32 AM
yeeeeah baby, Andy and whatshisname are going down :devil: :banana:

Deboogle!.
04-17-2005, 02:40 AM
LOL Yeah.... maybe it'll give them some confidence since neither of them can beat him in singles;)

am&a
04-17-2005, 02:51 AM
random question: why doesn't tres play for the davis cup team? d:

Deboogle!.
04-17-2005, 03:05 AM
A conflict of interest? He can't play for his own cup?

am&a
04-17-2005, 03:08 AM
well i root for certain teams trying to win my cup... d:

Éowyn
04-17-2005, 05:52 AM
random question: why doesn't tres play for the davis cup team? d:

doesn't really play any pro games usually just plays on the futures circuit, which is why i was surprised to hear his name.

tres was a brilliant junior he was in the sunshine cup team with robby and andy, i never understood why he didn't come through the same as them, i assume there was an injury somewhere along the line but of course it was never mentioned so i dunno.

Éowyn
04-17-2005, 05:54 AM

:lol: :ras:

am&a
04-17-2005, 06:04 AM
doesn't really play any pro games usually just plays on the futures circuit, which is why i was surprised to hear his name.

tres was a brilliant junior he was in the sunshine cup team with robby and andy, i never understood why he didn't come through the same as them, i assume there was an injury somewhere along the line but of course it was never mentioned so i dunno.i was just being punny.

Éowyn
04-17-2005, 06:08 AM
i was just being punny.

:ras: i know but it is very rare i gets to talk about people like tres. *makes most of it whilst she can* :devil:

MissFairy
04-17-2005, 02:02 PM
life is just so fair :ras: As if Andy/Tres didnt really have a chance anyway, now they play Flake too :(

I bet they'll have a ball on court though, all friends :) :) I wanna watch!! :bounce:

Éowyn
04-17-2005, 05:08 PM
well it'd be a difficult match if they didn't have a ball on court :p

MissFairy
04-17-2005, 08:20 PM
well it'd be a difficult match if they didn't have a ball on court :p
:lol: i just realised how i wrote that, oops! Damn you JJ, you word wizard, you :p

Éowyn
04-17-2005, 09:21 PM
:lol: i just realised how i wrote that, oops! Damn you JJ, you word wizard, you :p

well if you will say such things i'm gonna take full advantage of it :)

Jennay
04-17-2005, 10:33 PM
Whatshisname? WHATSHISNAME? It's Tres Davis(WHO). How can you not know him?!

So disappointed in you.. :p

Éowyn
04-17-2005, 10:38 PM
lol jennay

she knows all about who he is coz i was talking about him the other day before andy said he was playing with him :p kinda freaky really!

Deboogle!.
04-20-2005, 04:06 AM
flake lost :(
(WC)Davis/Roddick d Blake/Fish 64 64

Éowyn
04-20-2005, 04:17 AM
i'd like to say bad flake :smash: but yay andy and tres!

am&a
04-20-2005, 07:21 AM
poor flake...
http://www.theaquariumshop.co.uk/ishop/images/1029/tetrapflake800g.jpg

(i apologize for the random. d: )

MissFairy
04-20-2005, 10:30 AM
Amanda :haha: er..i get it...Flake are fish food now after their blunders :sad: (am i right about the randomness? ;))

binkygirl
04-20-2005, 10:37 AM

tres was a brilliant junior he was in the sunshine cup team with robby and andy, i never understood why he didn't come through the same as them, i assume there was an injury somewhere along the line but of course it was never mentioned so i dunno.

Maybe he didn't feel emotionally ready to go on tour and be totally responsible for himself. That's alot for a kid to take on and it costs $30-40k just to be on the circuit, so the pressure must be enormous.

aceit
04-20-2005, 11:15 AM
:sad:

Oh well, they're Flake.

MissFairy
04-20-2005, 03:57 PM
Lauren :hug:

tangerine_dream
04-20-2005, 08:55 PM
If I were Flake I'd be embarassed that I lost in the first round to the likes of Claymate Andy and (WHO). :lol:

aceit
04-20-2005, 08:57 PM
Thanks Sarah. :) All my favorites are losing. Mardy, Marat, Marcos (all the M's...)

If I were Flake I'd be embarassed that I lost in the first round to the likes of Claymate Andy and (WHO). :lol:
Key word: Andy.

Deboogle!.
04-20-2005, 09:07 PM
yeah, Lauren, I thought about that (that it's "Andy" whom they can't beat) but I mean gosh, I'm surprised they couldn't break Tres's serve.. it couldn't be that spectacular or he wouldn't be stuck on the futures/challengers circuit!

MissFairy
04-20-2005, 09:10 PM
maybe Andy has an intimidation factor and when Tres was serving, Andy was hovering over the net daring them to play, and Flake did what the chocolate does and crumble?

yummmm Flake *goes to hunt out some chocolate*

Deboogle!.
04-20-2005, 09:40 PM
LMFAO Maybe just staring at him across the net makes their knees buckle in fright ;)

tangerine_dream
04-20-2005, 09:49 PM
I actually think you guys have a point: that Andy DOES intimidate his friends. :scared:

Pat Mac was right: Mardy makes it very difficult to cheer for him. Ugh Mardy :retard: Will this nightmare ever end?

Éowyn
04-20-2005, 11:12 PM
flake only the milkiest crumbliest chocolate! pretty much suits them well!

aceit
04-20-2005, 11:17 PM
http://www.little-miss-alien.co.uk/images/flake.jpg

Éowyn
04-20-2005, 11:28 PM
lol aceit!

Aleksa's Laydee
04-22-2005, 06:23 PM
:haha:

aceit
05-01-2005, 11:18 PM
A few days ago I was soooooooooooooo happy...

FINALLY, I saw Flake play. It was on some Florida tv station when I was down there for break and it was a charity event.

And on break point for him and James, Mardy hit this amazing tweener LOB. It was the coolest thing ever.

Éowyn
05-01-2005, 11:27 PM
bet that made hapyy aceit?

aceit
05-01-2005, 11:36 PM
Of course. ;)

BTW - You can call me Lauren. :)

Éowyn
05-02-2005, 12:12 AM
i know i can but i like calliung you aceit! i dunno why it's just i like the name! is like jiat i talk to her all the time but i like calling her penny :) yes i am weird! :)

aceit
05-02-2005, 12:53 AM
Haha ok. I know I've told you my real name before but maybe you forgot? :lol:

Penny is cooler than aceit though. :p

Éowyn
05-02-2005, 01:34 AM
i think it's just coz aces remind me of andy :p again i say yes i am weird :retard:

Deboogle!.
07-17-2005, 01:20 AM
FLAKE HAS RETURNED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They were given a WC into Indy

They play Hrbaty/Kiefer in the first round.

GO FLAKE :woohoo:

MissFairy
07-17-2005, 01:14 PM
:woohoo: I missed their matches, and incredibly noticeable lack of hair between them :banana:

Aleksa's Laydee
07-18-2005, 11:01 AM
YAY :banana:

aceit
08-29-2005, 01:43 AM
Instead of doing my summer work (whoops) I just spent some quality time at mardytennis.com where I capped and then cut these pictures...

I'll post the ones of just Mardy later.

aceit
08-29-2005, 01:45 AM
And here's another...

aceit
08-29-2005, 03:00 AM
These were all from Indian Wells by the way.

Jennay
08-29-2005, 10:36 PM
:hearts: Gracias, twinnita.

surfpinky
08-29-2005, 10:40 PM
thank you lauren! :hearts::inlove::hearts:

aceit
09-03-2005, 11:10 PM
Anything for the great fans of Flake. ;)

paige
09-04-2005, 01:55 AM
I'm a Flake from way back. ;)

aceit
09-04-2005, 09:04 PM
YAY IT'S PAIGE! How are youuuuuuuuu? :hug:

ataptc
09-06-2005, 04:27 AM
Thanks Lauren!!
My fav: http://menstennisforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=61105
:D

aceit
09-06-2005, 12:40 PM
Yeah I like that too. They're so cute. :p

Deboogle!.
09-06-2005, 03:41 PM
unfortunately, flake probably won't be playing together for a while :sad:

aceit
09-06-2005, 03:57 PM
:sad: :sad: :sad:

Deboogle!.
09-06-2005, 04:03 PM
MARDY GET YOUR FRIGGING RANKING UP SO YOU AND JAMES WILL PLAY THE SAME TOURNAMENTS :fiery:

aceit
09-06-2005, 06:05 PM
LISTEN TO DEB, MARDY. OR ELSE SHE'LL HUNT YOU DOWN AND FEED YOU TO VINCE SPADEA AND SERENA WILLIAMS.

ataptc
09-07-2005, 09:40 AM
LISTEN TO DEB, MARDY. OR ELSE SHE'LL HUNT YOU DOWN AND FEED YOU TO VINCE SPADEA AND SERENA WILLIAMS.
Just the thought of that is :scared:, especially the serena part

Jennay
09-07-2005, 09:31 PM
Freaking death.

FishLover4
11-04-2005, 04:58 PM
I love Mardy & James!

Deboogle!.
11-04-2005, 10:36 PM
Welcome! :)

aceit
11-04-2005, 10:36 PM
They're pretty hard not to love. ;)

Jennay
11-05-2005, 10:38 PM
Welcome :hug:

FishLover4
11-06-2005, 06:34 PM
Thanks!

aceit
11-07-2005, 02:54 AM
Ah I thought I included "welcome" in my message. Guess not. :o

Welcome there. ;)

FishLover4
11-07-2005, 03:46 AM
Thanks! I cant wait till Mardy is healthy again!!

ataptc
11-07-2005, 02:53 PM
HI I haven't welcomed ya too :) :wavey:

FishLover4
12-03-2005, 11:48 PM
aw thanks!

Deboogle!.
02-19-2006, 01:19 AM
FLAKE IS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They got a WC into memphis :D:D:D:D:D

http://www.atptennis.com/posting/2006/402/MDD.pdf

Jennay
02-19-2006, 01:26 AM
:banana: :banana:

Caren
02-19-2006, 05:08 PM
WOOT WOOT, maybe this will fire Andy up enough for him to further than the first round

MissFairy
02-19-2006, 05:10 PM
FLAKE IS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They got a WC into memphis :D:D:D:D:D

http://www.atptennis.com/posting/2006/402/MDD.pdf
WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! It's been too long!

aceit
02-19-2006, 08:45 PM
I saw that this post first on the fourm and nearly spazzed.
WOOT WOOT!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

surfpinky
02-19-2006, 11:40 PM
FLAKE!!!!!!!!!!!11!!1!!1!!4
:banana: :banana:

Deboogle!.
02-20-2006, 12:14 AM
FLAKE PLAY TOMORROW!

:bounce: :woohoo: :bounce: :woohoo: :bounce: :woohoo: :bounce: :woohoo:

surfpinky
02-20-2006, 12:35 AM
:banana:!!!

aceit
02-20-2006, 12:57 AM
YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!!!

Aleksa's Laydee
02-20-2006, 05:24 PM
WOOHOOOOOOOO :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Deboogle!.
02-20-2006, 09:37 PM
OMG FLAKE WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6-2 4-6 10-7 in the match TB

WOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

surfpinky
02-20-2006, 09:43 PM
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :banana:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

aceit
02-20-2006, 10:47 PM
FLAKE!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D
Woohooo this is exciting. ;)

simpletennis
02-21-2006, 06:55 AM
woot woot, team flake is awesome!! mardy's so glad that they won, read it on his blog!!

Aleksa's Laydee
02-21-2006, 11:19 PM
great win!!!! yay :D:D

Deboogle!.
02-24-2006, 08:13 PM
They won again!!!!!!!!!!!!! in a match TB!

They play the Bryans tomorrow.

AgassiDomination
02-24-2006, 08:15 PM

I hope I get to see that, I wanna use the TTC free preview for all its worth :D

aceit
02-24-2006, 08:16 PM
sheesh, i just checked mardytennis a minute ago so i could say something on here :p

fjsdifauisfjiasdfad this match is too good to not be on tv [but then again it's doubles so it's not like i'd expect in a million years to see it]

anyway, go flake?

MissFairy
02-24-2006, 08:31 PM

Oh wow. That's like nearly the whole of Team USA on one court. Now all they need is Andy in the ump chair and Vinnay providing the end-of-set rapping delights.

PMac of course would be the peanut vendor.

Go Flayans. Go Bryake. Um. Yeah. WOOT.

Deboogle!.
02-24-2006, 08:43 PM
Oh wow. That's like nearly the whole of Team USA on one court. Now all they need is Andy in the ump chair and Vinnay providing the end-of-set rapping delights.

Go Flayans. Go Bryake. Um. Yeah. WOOT.:spit: :haha: :rolls: :sobbing: :worship:

Jennay
02-24-2006, 09:25 PM
Flake :woohoo: :banana:

Flake vs. Bryans :sad: :scared:

:haha: :haha: :haha:

renee_chin
02-25-2006, 12:01 AM
Go Mardy! :banana: Go James! :banana:

:worship:

-sOfia-
02-25-2006, 08:20 AM
G'luck Mardy and James. :)

ataptc
02-25-2006, 12:23 PM
woot for flake! a pity they're playing against bob and mike :( Still, go guys! :)

surfpinky
02-25-2006, 09:09 PM

:spit: :spit: :haha: :haha:
I so wanna rep your for that, but mtf won't let me. ):
:bowdown:

PinkFeatherBoa
02-26-2006, 01:26 AM
I love Sarah.

I also love Flake. Go flake.
But I love the Bryans too, so... go Bryans!
Go everybody.
then all get down and jiggy with it, after the match, or during :aplot:.

aceit
02-26-2006, 01:43 AM
hopefully during
they know they want to

Jennay
02-26-2006, 02:25 AM
hopefully during
they know they want to
ooh, the photos.

Deboogle!.
02-26-2006, 02:32 AM
Flake are not playing together next week :( James his playing with his brother and Mardy is playing with Robby

Deboogle!.
02-26-2006, 03:31 AM
Flake got a walkover into the final tomorrow.... it says Bob's shoulder..... :sad:

aceit
02-26-2006, 03:55 AM
I was sitting here for like a half an hour wondering "where the hell are the Flyans?"
Aww poor Bob. :(

But good luck to Flake tomorrow! WOOT WOOT WOOT!

Carito_90
02-26-2006, 04:43 AM
Awwww mob... I mean, BOB. :sad: That sucks. :(

But yay for FLAKE! :hug: I hope they do well tomorrow!

Jennay
02-26-2006, 05:44 PM
Bob :sad: :hug:

YAY FLAKE!!! :bounce:

aceit
02-26-2006, 09:31 PM
wtfizzle

6-0 5-7
COME ON FLAKE!

Deboogle!.
02-26-2006, 09:39 PM
So Flake wins the first set 6-0 and barely loses any points on serve in the second but somehow manages to get broken at 5all and lose the set 5-7, then they go down 1-7 and 2-9 in the match TB and finally lose it 5-10.

WTF, FLAKE!. :(.

aceit
02-26-2006, 09:40 PM
:sad: :sad: :sad:

superpinkone37
02-26-2006, 09:41 PM
I was watching the scoreboard, saw them lose 5-7 in the second...I keep forgetting that the third set is a TB and all of a sudden I look at the score again and it's 2-9. :sad: :sad: :sad:

emilyf114
02-28-2006, 08:57 PM
I was at that match. They played a truly awesome first set. I have no idea what happened after that. I talked to Mardy afterwards, and he said the other guys just outplayed them on the tiebreak. It sucked.

Deboogle!.
04-13-2006, 02:20 AM
Flake return in Houston and win their first match 7-5 6-3 :banana:

aceit
04-13-2006, 02:42 AM
YAY FLAKE!

Jennay
04-13-2006, 02:57 AM
:banana: :worship:

Aleksa's Laydee
04-13-2006, 02:53 PM
its like they've never been away :D

aceit
04-16-2006, 03:52 AM
Flake lost to Knowle and Melzer in the semis 6-4 7-5. :(
Come on Mardy, now take the singles title. :bounce:

Jennay
04-16-2006, 04:21 AM
:(
I still :hearts: Flake.

Aleksa's Laydee
04-16-2006, 11:30 AM
aww..oh well, mardy will beat jurgen in the singles final to make up for it ;)

Deboogle!.
06-10-2006, 11:09 PM
theeeeeeyyyyyyyyy'reeeeeeeeeee baaaaacccccccccckkkkkkkkkkk!!!!!!!

acoffeygirl
06-11-2006, 12:51 AM
:woohoo: This just really makes me smile.

aceit
06-11-2006, 02:49 AM
yipeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Deboogle!.
06-11-2006, 04:28 AM
i was waiting for you to show up!

Jlee
06-12-2006, 05:58 AM
Yay! Gooo FLAKE!!

Deboogle!.
06-12-2006, 05:46 PM
flake won 7-5 7-6!

snaillyyy
06-12-2006, 05:56 PM
:woohoo: GO FLAKE!

I have to say,everytime I see FLAKE I think of the english chocolate bar :lol:

Caren
06-12-2006, 06:43 PM
:woohoo: GO FLAKE!

I have to say,everytime I see FLAKE I think of the english chocolate bar :lol:

Mmmm love that chocolate bar lol

Oh and :woohoo:

Jlee
06-12-2006, 07:09 PM
Yay! Congrats Flake!!

MissFairy
06-12-2006, 07:25 PM
Mmmm love that chocolate bar lol

Oh and :woohoo:
Oh my gosh, me too :drool: Although, i sometimes wish they were called Twirl (Mardy Tish and James Bwirl would work :p) because that chocolate is divine! :inlove:

:banana: for Flake (:

surfpinky
06-12-2006, 09:30 PM
:banana:

Deboogle!.
06-12-2006, 09:34 PM
:eek: where's that from!?

surfpinky
06-12-2006, 09:46 PM
sportsline web thing that you gave me...you know the one where I change the "lower" to 1024x768... |: why?

Deboogle!.
06-12-2006, 09:52 PM
ooo ok

no reason I was just :eek::eek: that there were pictures from their doubles on that outer court and stuff lol.

aceit
06-12-2006, 09:54 PM
jgefiojfdisafisadjfaifadf the second I saw that picture I made it the new wallpaper for my desktop...thanks for that :)

AND YIPEEE FLAKE!

surfpinky
06-12-2006, 09:57 PM
ohhhhhhhhh heeee
GO FLAKE!

Aleksa's Laydee
06-13-2006, 01:42 PM
:banana:

mmmmmmmmmmm lovely piccie!

I was there for that match :D:D And saw mardy after :)

surfpinky
06-13-2006, 05:51 PM
mmmmmmmmmmm lovely piccie!

I was there for that match :D:D And saw mardy after :)
cool!
anymore pics d: ?

Deboogle!.
06-13-2006, 06:27 PM
MONICASELESFAN2 GIVE US OUR NAT BACK NOW:mad:

surfpinky
06-13-2006, 06:28 PM
|X

paige
06-15-2006, 07:40 PM
Long live Flake!!!!!!

MissFairy
06-15-2006, 07:58 PM
They just won the first set 6/4 :D

Alexandy
06-15-2006, 08:51 PM
Yaaay!! Flake win. I am so happy for them. :)

tennis_freak67
06-15-2006, 08:54 PM
They took out the Wimbledon champs! :woohoo:

cobalt60
06-15-2006, 08:56 PM
:woohoo:

Deboogle!.
06-15-2006, 09:08 PM
:woohoo: VIVA LE FLAKE!!!

Seriously though, i've seen them play together and play well. They have a lot of fun and are relaxed so they just swing freely and the fact that both of them have pretty much all the shots, including good volleys, means that they could be seriously successful if they were to play together more often! I hope they continue to :D

Alexandy
06-15-2006, 09:28 PM
I know they are more focused on singles in the big tournaments. But I'd like to see them play at Wimbledon or any of the majors for that matter.

Deboogle!.
06-15-2006, 09:31 PM
I know they are more focused on singles in the big tournaments. But I'd like to see them play at Wimbledon or any of the majors for that matter.I know! I think it was the 2005 AO they played together, and made the QF!

Aleksa's Laydee
06-15-2006, 11:46 PM
:woohoo: saw their practice but didnt have time to see their match so happy they won

Deboogle!.
06-16-2006, 12:09 AM
omg, they can be so funny in practice. when i saw them they were playing baseball hahaahha

PinkFeatherBoa
06-16-2006, 02:30 AM
I only saw the very end of the match, seeing as they were playing simultaneously to Andy. I didn't get any pics (camera battery died ): ) but from what I saw they were playing really well. (:

paige
06-16-2006, 03:39 AM
They took out the Wimbledon champs! :woohoo:

Yahoo, Mountain Dew!!!!!!! :worship:

aceit
06-17-2006, 01:40 PM
omg, they can be so funny in practice. when i saw them they were playing baseball hahaahha
and I have a picture of that hanging up on my bulletin board right in front of me :p

pieross
08-27-2006, 09:00 PM
http://www.tennis.com.cn/bbs/uploadFiles/2006-08/27_3731005_1.jpg
GO FLAKE! :cool:

ataptc
08-30-2006, 09:17 PM
:D

Deboogle!.
05-18-2007, 05:11 AM
:rocker2: :rocker2: :rocker2: :rocker2: :rocker2: :rocker2: :rocker2: :rocker2: :rocker2: :rocker2: :rocker2:

ataptc
05-18-2007, 04:28 PM
Flake lost 3-6 6-7 to Ram/Erlich. Good run though :bounce:

ataptc
05-18-2007, 04:41 PM
Flake rocks just as much as BobandMike :rocker2:

Deboogle!.
05-18-2007, 04:48 PM
bummer but no shame in losing to a top team :rocker:

ataptc
05-18-2007, 04:50 PM
Yeah I hope they'll be playing in RG

otowngurl86apa
05-18-2007, 05:53 PM
I hope so too!
I love when they play together! :)

HEiKE
05-20-2007, 12:59 PM
Good run at Hamburg, guys!

See you in Duesseldorf tomorrow ;) Can't wait!

ataptc
05-20-2007, 02:32 PM
See you in Duesseldorf tomorrow ;) Can't wait!

Have fun and share your report with us! :D

HEiKE
05-20-2007, 05:59 PM
Thanks! I'll get back with reports, don't know when though. The hostel I'm staying at is undergoin some refurbishments, not sure if I'll get access to the internet... I'm stayin until Friday or Saturday...

otowngurl86apa
05-20-2007, 06:05 PM
Have fun Heike!

Deboogle!.
10-11-2008, 06:40 PM
FLAKE's in the Madrid doubles draw!

otowngurl86apa
10-11-2008, 06:48 PM
yaaaaay :)

otowngurl86apa
10-13-2008, 08:26 PM
Flake lost to Carlos and Rafa :(

DartMarcus
06-12-2009, 07:05 AM
BUMP The tread!
Flake lost Queens R2 to Fyrstenberg and Matkowski :sad:

aceit
07-03-2009, 12:13 AM
i have not been on this site for at least 3 years but i just decided to come back to stalk MTF for it's pictures. but in doing so i was sad to see there has been no talk about flake at wimbledon! i'm proud to have started this thread way back when, seeing as they are now wimbledon semifinalists ;)

okay that is all :) dang i've missed this place.

Deboogle!.
07-03-2009, 12:50 AM
HI LAUREN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hug: we talked a little about flake in the regular cheering thread :awww: