CORIA STUNS KIM 7-6 7-6 !!!! [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

CORIA STUNS KIM 7-6 7-6 !!!!

CORIAFORNO.1
03-13-2005, 09:20 AM
well the title is just a joke of course.
did coria really have that big problems like the score shows it?
did someone here see the match and can tell me about it?
thx for answers.
CORIAFORNO.1

robinhood
03-13-2005, 09:52 AM
No TV coverage until tomorrow for me, so no, I didn't get to see it. But Kim has been playing some solid tennis this year, so I am thinking they must have had quite a battle out there tonight.
But the stat sheet says that Coria won a total of 92 points while Kim only managed 75, so that should mean that Coria had much easier service games than Kim did. Coria also had more break point opportunities as well.
What a start for Argentines! Gaudio defeated Mirnyi, too, in a close contest.

Ferrero Forever
03-13-2005, 10:36 AM
Guille:(This kim guy is awful, he either pushes my favourites to the limit or beats them all together. (Refer to China Open 2004 against Ferrero, 2nd Round) HE GETS ON MY NERVES!!!

Rex
03-13-2005, 12:40 PM
he did not really "stun" kim if the scoreline is so close

Oneofakind0490
03-13-2005, 12:44 PM
Coria was serving for the match at 5-4. I wonder what happened.
Good luck in the next round.

alexito
03-13-2005, 01:38 PM
mmmm very bad coria, in first round.

Horatio Caine
03-13-2005, 02:18 PM
Coria was serving for the match at 5-4. I wonder what happened.

He was broken :lol:

avocadoe
03-13-2005, 03:02 PM
star saw some, at least, of the match and was not impressed by Guille's play...maybe she'll elucidate when she has time and energy :)

star
03-13-2005, 03:19 PM
Saw some? :lol:

Mad fan that I am, I saw every single point. I got there in the second set of the Loit/Dechy match so I would be able to have a front row seat for Guille, and the stupid girls (j/k) went THREE sets and the points were really long. I was cheering for whoever got ahead. :lol:

Yeah. Kim stunned Coria is the more likely title. There were good things and bad things in the match. It was very tense. The wind was tricky too. It changed directions many times during the match, but I think it was not a factor. Of course, I would like to have seen Guille play better, but Kim is a local favorite (Torrence/UCLA) and he was serving well and playing agressively and giving everything he had. Finally, Guille just wore him out running him back and forth and picking on his backhand as much as possible. I doubt that Coria had ever even seen this guy before and Kim certainly served noticed in the first game that he was deadly serious. At one point in the second game when Kim rushed the net furiously and jumped slammed a high return, Coria just gave him a look that was like: "So, it's going to be that way, is it?" Kind of with narrowed eyes. Lots of drama in the match.

I'll write all about it for Guille fans when I get the time. :)

star
03-13-2005, 03:23 PM
No TV coverage until tomorrow for me, so no, I didn't get to see it. But Kim has been playing some solid tennis this year, so I am thinking they must have had quite a battle out there tonight.
But the stat sheet says that Coria won a total of 92 points while Kim only managed 75, so that should mean that Coria had much easier service games than Kim did. Coria also had more break point opportunities as well.
What a start for Argentines! Gaudio defeated Mirnyi, too, in a close contest.

This is a good analysis from the stats. Coria was holding more easily and pushed Kim in Kim's service games. I think Coria thought he had Kim on the ropes and relaxed a bit when serving for the match and played some ill advised shots. Kim was visibly tiring, but he has great heart and fought until the very very last. Still, Coria will have to step it up to win against Paradorn who seems to have gotten his game together.

Chloe le Bopper
03-13-2005, 04:38 PM
Thanks, starbar.

Coria :banana:

PaulieM
03-14-2005, 02:12 AM
hmm interesting... better luck in the next round Coria :)

Pea
03-14-2005, 05:31 AM
Kevin!:mad: You can't beat a dirtballer?:angry:

foul_dwimmerlaik
03-14-2005, 06:54 AM
Saw some? :lol:

Mad fan that I am, I saw every single point. I got there in the second set of the Loit/Dechy match so I would be able to have a front row seat for Guille, and the stupid girls (j/k) went THREE sets and the points were really long. I was cheering for whoever got ahead. :lol:
Thanks for the report. Better luck in the next round Guillie!