I saw John McEnroe play tonight!!! [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

I saw John McEnroe play tonight!!!

knight_ley
03-13-2005, 12:11 AM
Hey :wavey:

I just got home from seeing John McEnroe and John Lloyd play in Reading, PA, as a part of Legends 2005. It was a lot of fun :) He was his usual self, fighting with the chair ump and giving lots of sass ;) I took a bunch of pictures that I'll post in here, and I have videos too so if anyone wants to see those, I can upload them and post the link, but I'm not gonna go through with that unless people want to see them :p

Here is batch one :)

knight_ley
03-13-2005, 12:15 AM
and ........

aceit
03-13-2005, 12:17 AM
Yay! Thank you.

Hope you had lots of fun! :)

ftd999
03-13-2005, 12:23 AM
Hey :wavey:

I just got home from seeing John McEnroe and John Lloyd play in Reading, PA, as a part of Legends 2005. It was a lot of fun :) He was his usual self, fighting with the chair ump and giving lots of sass ;) I took a bunch of pictures that I'll post in here, and I have videos too so if anyone wants to see those, I can upload them and post the link, but I'm not gonna go through with that unless people want to see them :p

Here is batch one :)

Thanks for posting :)

So, who won? How did Jonny Mac play?

Were any other players there?

ftd999
03-13-2005, 12:24 AM
It looks like they're playing in a gym or something?

Maybe a high school. Who are those kids playing doubles with them? Some local juniors or high school players? Looks like fun :)

knight_ley
03-13-2005, 12:29 AM
It looks like they're playing in a gym or something?

Maybe a high school. Who are those kids playing doubles with them? Some local juniors or high school players? Looks like fun :)

They were playing in a college gymnasium...

In the mixed doubles Lloyd and the girl he was with (Martha Blackey) won ; in singles McEnroe defeated Lloyd ; and in mens doubles McEnroe and the boy he was with (Tyler Reppert) won. The kids were high school students from the area...

He was playing very well, as was Lloyd. It was funny cuz Lloyd could barely walk towards the end, but once they were playing he could move pretty good ;) Johnny Mac was moving great all night! It was a lot of fun :)

CivicLx
03-13-2005, 12:35 AM
Glad you had a good time and that must have been awesome for those kids to play with one of tennis's legends.

el_mago2
03-13-2005, 01:36 AM
Glad that you had a good time.

nkhera1
03-13-2005, 01:38 AM
Wow it must have been cool to have seen the match. I saw some highlights on a ATP Show being broadcasted here and McEnroe was playing in the finals of some event and he started arguing with the chair umpire in that match as well.

Golfnduck
03-13-2005, 01:47 AM
Cool pictures :yeah:

knight_ley
03-13-2005, 01:53 AM
Cool pictures :yeah:

Thanks :) I wish I had taken more of him playing, but I was was taking more video of him playing instead of pictures, I took most pictures when he came to sit down since he was close...

:angel:

savesthedizzle
03-13-2005, 10:19 PM
Glad you had a good time :)