03-12-2005, 04:40 AM
Laugh Out Loud.

Smankyou
03-12-2005, 04:46 AM
It didn't disappoint.

:lol: What on earth are they doing?

Deboogle!.
03-12-2005, 04:47 AM
During the exhibition tonight for the UNICEF charity after their tiebreak, they pulled up their shorts like the dork look. Not sure why, though.That's when the radio thing cut off and went to break :ras:

Wait, more funny stuff. Not quite as funny as DorkAndy and DorkMarat, and I'm not sure what was going on in the Agassi-Fed match but the pics are funny anyway :lol:

Looks like it was a really really fun evening for a good cause :)

tall_one
03-12-2005, 04:51 AM
omg i didn't even reconize Marat :haha: :rolls:

jole
03-12-2005, 04:53 AM
MARAT is liek so hot!!!11

Daniel
03-12-2005, 04:53 AM
Roger :haha: :haha: :lol:

Deboogle!.
03-12-2005, 04:56 AM
More :lol:

tennischick
03-12-2005, 05:00 AM
Rogi :lol: i love the one with Lars and Marat :eek:

thanks for sharing ;)

Daniel
03-12-2005, 05:05 AM
Momo , Roger and Tim :lol: thanks Debstah

Chloe le Bopper
03-12-2005, 05:05 AM
Marat :haha:

Deboogle!.
03-12-2005, 05:06 AM
you're welcome :)

I can't stop laughing :haha:

More!

Socket
03-12-2005, 05:07 AM
With those glasses, Marat actually bears some resemblance to Martina Navratilova. :eek:

MisterQ
03-12-2005, 05:07 AM
this made me very happy :haha: :rolls:

Smankyou
03-12-2005, 05:11 AM
With those glasses, Marat actually bears some resemblance to Martina Navratilova. :eek:
Exactly what I thought.

These pictures are gold!

Chloe le Bopper
03-12-2005, 05:12 AM
I actually didn't recognize him as Marat at first. I wondered who the weirdo with Andy was :shrug:

MissMoJo
03-12-2005, 05:13 AM
OMG Rogi! :haha: :haha:
Marat, now that's a sexy nerd :lol: :rolls: :rolls:

Smankyou
03-12-2005, 05:14 AM
I actually didn't recognize him as Marat at first. I wondered who the weirdo with Andy was :shrug:
All that gold wrapped around his neck gave him away.

star
03-12-2005, 05:15 AM
Andy and Marat were playing these two Hollywood producers who were like 60 years old so they were cutting up. Then the announcer (the Bryan twins' dad) had Dementieva and Daniela go out and hold hands with them. Daniela with Andy and Dementieva with Marat. Andy pretended to jump Daniela and then threw up his hands like What? What? when the crowd got on him. Marat draged Demetieva behind the flowers and then came out pulling up his pants. It was funny.

Andre in that one picture is mocking Roger for smoothing back his hair. Doing all those gestures Roger does but in a really prissy way. It was hilarious. Asking Roger if he was finally ready and calling him pretty boy, and then when Roger started hiting harder, Andre said, Oh somebody's getting mad now. Andre is able to razz and needle even while playing. He was really getting onto Roger. One time Roger was waiting for a serve, twirlling his racquet and Andre said. Roger is just dying to hit a forehand and twirlled his racquet as Roger had been doing. Then Roger stood way out side the court to show how much he wanted the forehand. One time Andre hit a shot and said, Let's see you get that one! Was kidding Roger about being a ledgend. Andy and Marat were the clowns and Andre was the one with the really scarcastic wit.

The girls acted as ball girls for awhile and then went up into the audience to collect money. Also Kim and Amelie played dubs with the old hollywood guys.

Deboogle!.
03-12-2005, 05:16 AM
:haha: :haha: thank you star! I hope you had fun - it sure looks like it was a fantastic event

star
03-12-2005, 05:17 AM
Oh yeah. When Marat won the tiebreak set against Andy he climbed up and hugged and kissed the umpire instead of shaking Andy's hand. :D

Deboogle!.
03-12-2005, 05:18 AM
Did Andy really serve underhand?? :haha: :haha:

MissMoJo
03-12-2005, 05:18 AM
What's going on in the pic where Rogi has his hand under his shirt?

Eclectic Goddess
03-12-2005, 05:20 AM
Great photos! If I ever wonder why I like some of these guys so much...it's stuff like this that reminds me.

fangirl
03-12-2005, 05:22 AM
When I first saw the thumnails, I was wondering who the hell the weird old man with Andy was.

star
03-12-2005, 05:22 AM
Roger is pretening in that one photo like his heart is beating really hard. Andre is saying Roger choked on one of his shots.

star
03-12-2005, 05:27 AM
Did Andy really serve underhand?? :haha: :haha:

It's pretty standard to throw in a underhanded serve during these events. Lots of the guys did it. Coria served underhanded. Andy threw in a quick one.

Coria and Nalbandia were very cute together on the court. They hit very softly to one another and did a lot of cute trick shots.

Lleyton and Moya did this really cute thing where they volleyed over and over to one another getting closer and closer to the net. They kept it up for the longest time.

Deboogle!.
03-12-2005, 05:29 AM
It's pretty standard to throw in a underhanded serve during these events. Lots of the guys did it. Coria served underhanded. Andy threw in a quick one.

Oh, ok. The guy on radiotennis.com made it sound like it was a rather big deal and specifically pointed out. Thanks for clearing that up :)

I'm STILL laughing at these pics :lol:

star
03-12-2005, 05:29 AM
What's going on in the pic where Rogi has his hand under his shirt?

Pretening his heart was beating hard. In the one with his sleeves tucked in to have a sleevless shirt he was pretending to be buff and macho.

MissMoJo
03-12-2005, 05:36 AM
Pretening his heart was beating hard. In the one with his sleeves tucked in to have a sleevless shirt he was pretending to be buff and macho.
awww...Rogi you don't have to pretend :lol: :lol:
Thanks, star :)

-sOfia-
03-12-2005, 05:40 AM
So Daniela and Elena just stood there holding Marat's and Andy's hand?:p

ftd999
03-12-2005, 05:46 AM
Dead.

The end.

I love it :lol:

Marat is such a maniac, what a great character :D Thanks for posting these great pics!

It's funny to see them all goofing around like that, don't think I've seen so many of the top players doing that before. And for good cause, nice. And Daniella, wow, she's looking great :eek:

star
03-12-2005, 06:14 AM
So Daniela and Elena just stood there holding Marat's and Andy's hand?:p

YEah. While they were playing tennis. Like Daniela tossed the ball for Andy's serve and when Andy had to run to a ball Daniela ran with him... although actually, he didn't have to run to a ball. :p

Dementieva didn't understand what she was supposed to do so she brought her racket out with her to the court and she was hitting the balls or trying to hit the balls. Finally the announcer told her she didn't need her racket cause she was sort of screwing up the whole concept... although he didn't say that... Then instead of holding her hand, Marat just put his arm around her waist and while the others were playing he was guiding her to the back of the court and finally behind the flower boxes. :)

And when the Announcer told Daniela to go out and hold Andy's hand, Andy thrust his fist up into the air like YES!!

Both Andy and Marat were funny. LIke one time Andy yelled. I HIT FOUR VOLLEYS IN A ROW

Cause he did. Marat was feeding him the ball.

-sOfia-
03-12-2005, 06:19 AM
YEah. While they were playing tennis. Like Daniela tossed the ball for Andy's serve and when Andy had to run to a ball Daniela ran with him... although actually, he didn't have to run to a ball. :p

Dementieva didn't understand what she was supposed to do so she brought her racket out with her to the court and she was hitting the balls or trying to hit the balls. Finally the announcer told her she didn't need her racket cause she was sort of screwing up the whole concept... although he didn't say that... Then instead of holding her hand, Marat just put his arm around her waist and while the others were playing he was guiding her to the back of the court and finally behind the flower boxes. :)

And when the Announcer told Daniela to go out and hold Andy's hand, Andy thrust his fist up into the air like YES!!

Both Andy and Marat were funny. LIke one time Andy yelled. I HIT FOUR VOLLEYS IN A ROW

Cause he did. Marat was feeding him the ball.
:lol: Thanks. :lol:

Andy pretended to jump Daniela and then threw up his hands like What? What? when the crowd got on him.
:eek: :lol: What happened during this? :p :o

jmgsdoubsprtnr
03-12-2005, 06:29 AM
i smell a new avatar!!!

ae wowww
03-12-2005, 06:32 AM
:lol: Excellent stuff... Marat doesn't look the same at all!

Looks awesome all those guys enjoying themselves, too!

Yonge
03-12-2005, 06:48 AM
Photo Alert! Photo Alert! To those who do the "True Love Knows No Gender" avatars..... :lol:

Yonge
03-12-2005, 06:49 AM
And thanks for the photos :yeah:
Andy :haha:
Marat :rolls:

(Are we allowed to post Getty images again?)

Ten_Isse_Fan
03-12-2005, 07:00 AM
I've never seen so many players having that much fun!!! :eek: It's awesome. You guys should take a look at some other pics on getty of Andre and Fed (Especially Roger). He's literally laughing his ass off! :haha: They all look like such nice people on these pics :) :worship:

misyou25
03-12-2005, 08:23 AM
seems like marat found his match...

maratski
03-12-2005, 08:38 AM
:haha:

sierra91
03-12-2005, 08:55 AM
Dead.

The end.

Too much ... THANKS!

:haha: :haha: :haha:

Rex
03-12-2005, 08:58 AM
so funny, its unbelievable- its very good to see the whole competitive spirit go out of the window sometimes.

perrygreen
03-12-2005, 09:00 AM

Exactly. I thought it was her :eek: with Andy.

Good job Marat:haha:! Never let me down! :worship:

roisin
03-12-2005, 09:04 AM
omfg....i .....cant......breathe...... :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: no i really didnt cop it was marat. omg its all too funny!!!

hablovah19
03-12-2005, 09:18 AM
I had to look twice to recognize Marat!! :lol: :haha: :haha: :rolls:

Ferrero Forever
03-12-2005, 09:20 AM
lol, my mum saw marat and shouted out why the hell are you looking at pics of martina navratilova. I cracked up (sorry to any marat fans, what she said was out of line.)

hablovah19
03-12-2005, 09:20 AM
Photo Alert! Photo Alert! To those who do the "True Love Knows No Gender" avatars..... :lol:

omg!! :rolls:

Foxy Smile
03-12-2005, 09:27 AM
Unbelievable....... I wish I had been there to see Marat and Andy clown around :haha: :haha:

JuanChuffy007
03-12-2005, 10:10 AM
OMG :haha: :haha: Marat ... :haha:

I was like: what the hell, is that Marat?!?!? Man, he looks SO funny LMAO :haha:

Andy and Marat were playing these two Hollywood producers who were like 60 years old so they were cutting up. Then the announcer (the Bryan twins' dad) had Dementieva and Daniela go out and hold hands with them. Daniela with Andy and Dementieva with Marat. Andy pretended to jump Daniela and then threw up his hands like What? What? when the crowd got on him. Marat draged Demetieva behind the flowers and then came out pulling up his pants. It was funny.

Andre in that one picture is mocking Roger for smoothing back his hair. Doing all those gestures Roger does but in a really prissy way. It was hilarious. Asking Roger if he was finally ready and calling him pretty boy, and then when Roger started hiting harder, Andre said, Oh somebody's getting mad now. Andre is able to razz and needle even while playing. He was really getting onto Roger. One time Roger was waiting for a serve, twirlling his racquet and Andre said. Roger is just dying to hit a forehand and twirlled his racquet as Roger had been doing. Then Roger stood way out side the court to show how much he wanted the forehand. One time Andre hit a shot and said, Let's see you get that one! Was kidding Roger about being a ledgend. Andy and Marat were the clowns and Andre was the one with the really scarcastic wit.

The girls acted as ball girls for awhile and then went up into the audience to collect money. Also Kim and Amelie played dubs with the old hollywood guys.

Thanks for posting :)
Man, I wish I was there!!

Rosa Luxembourg
03-12-2005, 11:04 AM
thanks guys for sharing it with us.... I wish I was there. So much fun.

Has it been/will it be on TV anywhere? Has anyone recorded it?

rommel99
03-12-2005, 11:33 AM
did kim or leytton like shared space together? or they just avoided each other? i wish i could see it.. damm.

Yasmine
03-12-2005, 12:24 PM
great thread!!! these photos ands report are fantastic! :D
It's so great to see them all together for such a cause :worship: having fun ans raising money, what better? :devil:

Saumon
03-12-2005, 12:34 PM
sexy and funny! :yeah: :hug:

vaiva
03-12-2005, 12:36 PM
Fantastic!

Thanks for the reports and pictures.

Marat makes such a natural dork :lol:

Horatio Caine
03-12-2005, 12:59 PM

Thank you soooo much Debstah! Those pics are awesome! Great to see all the players having so much fun. :haha:

Marat! I had to look twice there - he looked so much like a 65 year old woman who plays tennis at my club! The glasses really go with his hair - all he needs is to put some rollers in his hair, sit in an armchair, switch on "Murder she wrote" on TV and get out a copy of "Gardener's Weekly!" :haha: :haha:

avocadoe
03-12-2005, 01:17 PM
that was great, so much more than I'd hoped for!!! When I first saw Marat, I, too, thought it was Martina N. but then thought, oh gosh her age is finally catching up with her, LOL. Marat's hair helped him, but such a scream, granny glasses and pants over waist, and Roger's boobs, and muscle man...such fun !!!! and Daniella's legs are awesome, good on her!!!

Sosa
03-12-2005, 01:28 PM
Damn that sounds like so much fun.

Did someone tape it? I wanna see that so bad!

Yasmine
03-12-2005, 01:30 PM
Since it's THE THREAD for the event, here is an article about it on the ATP website ;)

Fun and Funds at All-Star Exhibition

The ATP All-Star Rally for Relief raised $18,282.76 for UNICEF, a figure that does not include revenue from ticket sales from Friday's special night at the Pacific Life Open.

In an unprecedented show of support from the world's greatest players, stars from both the ATP circuit and the Sony Ericsson WTA Tour put on a crowd-pleasing show to raise funds and awareness. The event launched a new global partnership called ACE (Assisting Children Everywhere) aimed at harnessing the power of tennis to help ensure the health, education and protection of children everywhere.

The UNICEF-ATP partnership will focus on fundraising and advocacy. Among the first joint initiatives will be a campaign to raise money for global child immunization programs.

“I cannot think of a better way for UNICEF and the ATP to begin their partnership,” said Anne-Marie Grey, UNICEF Chief, International & Corporate Alliances Private Sector Division.

“The gesture of the all world's top tennis players to donate their time, energy and enthusiasm for this event and cause was extremely impressive. We also applaud the generosity of the Pacific Life Open fans for providing this tremendous benefit to the world's most vulnerable children.”

ATP players participating were Roger Federer, who hosted the ATP Foundation event, Lleyton Hewitt, Andy Roddick, Marat Safin, Carlos Moya, Andre Agassi, David Nalbandian, Guillermo Coria, Paradorn Srichaphan and Tim Henman. Sony Ericsson WTA Tour players who played and also helped pass UNICEF buckets through the crowd to collect funds were Kim Clijsters, Elena Dementieva, Amelie Mauresmo and Daniela Hantuchova. Lindsay Davenport, Taylor Dent and Lisa Raymond also raised funds for UNICEF at a pre-event gathering at the Indian Wells Village Stage.

About UNICEF For nearly 60 years UNICEF has been the world's leader for children, working on the ground in 158 countries to help children survive and thrive, from early childhood through adolescence. The world's largest provider of vaccines for poor countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, quality basic education for all boys and girls, access to clean water and sanitation, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of governments, businesses, foundations and individuals, and through our National Committees for UNICEF we sell greeting cards and other products that help advance humanity.

I so want to see the players doing more of those, and more pictures!!! :angel:

RonE
03-12-2005, 02:19 PM
:spit: :haha:

I think when Marat decides to retire from tennis he will have a very bright future awaiting him as a stand-up comedian!

wipeout
03-12-2005, 02:42 PM
:lol:

It's only when I saw that Andy was looking up at someone taller did I realize it was Marat in the glasses. :o :D

It's funny that Andy is more recognizable when you only see the back of his head and his cap than Marat is even when you can see Marat's face when he's wearing glasses and making strange expressions. :eek: :lol:

Nimomunz
03-12-2005, 02:43 PM
If we are cracking up tis much over pics we would have pissed our pants watching it live.... man i should have been o espn instead of fishing!!!

Deboogle!.
03-12-2005, 02:52 PM
To those asking about TV - The Tennis Channel taped it and will allegedly air it at some point.. but I don't know when... and it's not like any of us get TTC anyway :sad:

Glad you guys enjoyed the pics as much as I did :D:D

tennis4eva
03-12-2005, 03:06 PM
:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:
That must have been the funniest few hours of tennis that ever happened ! :lol: I can't stop laughing when I see those pics of Marat :lol:

Golfnduck
03-12-2005, 03:22 PM
LMFAO!!!! Marat and Andy are too funny :sobbing: :haha:

Hagar
03-12-2005, 03:22 PM
Awesome pics!!! Too funny.
They must have had a great time. Wouldn't you want to be a tennis star?

adelaide
03-12-2005, 03:30 PM
i have no words........... :lol:

knight_ley
03-12-2005, 03:42 PM
:haha:

perrygreen
03-12-2005, 03:50 PM
You may download a bit of the show here (realplayer) http://pickup.mofile.com/3463459862719499

pryss
03-12-2005, 03:53 PM
omg dorks *dead forever* :lol:

Saumon
03-12-2005, 04:02 PM
You may download a bit of the show here (realplayer) http://pickup.mofile.com/3463459862719499

where exactly?? :confused:

aceit
03-12-2005, 04:03 PM
I love those pictures! :lol: That's too funny. I put one of them as my new background on my computer. ;)

Hopefully they'll show highlights of it Sunday on ESPN. Ugh. I hope so.

TennisLurker
03-12-2005, 04:07 PM
I was going to say he looks like a tennis lesbian from the 70´s

graffiti
03-12-2005, 04:10 PM
:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

Just fantastic!

perrygreen
03-12-2005, 04:12 PM
where exactly?? :confused:

I was able to enter earlier but it now says the limit for anonymous download has been exceeded! :( sorry :sad:

tangerine_dream
03-12-2005, 04:15 PM
As the great Debstah would say, http://www.smiliegenerator.de/s27/smilies-15274.png That is just too good :haha: I didn't even recognize Marat :eek:

Andre making fun of Roger in a prissy way :haha:
Nice to see Roger's comedic side :rolls:
Marat and Andy doing a Laurel and Hardy :rolls:

I'm so jealous of you star, that you got to see this. Thanks for the reports and pics, guys. :hug:

Aurora
03-12-2005, 04:55 PM
You may download a bit of the show here (realplayer) http://pickup.mofile.com/3463459862719499I can't make anything out on that site, so perhaps someone has d/led it and is willing to upload it on www.youshareit.com or www.yousendit.com? :kiss: pretty please?

Seles3
03-12-2005, 04:58 PM
are there any picks of dementieva and marat?

sprinterluck
03-12-2005, 05:01 PM
lol, my mum saw marat and shouted out why the hell are you looking at pics of martina navratilova. I cracked up (sorry to any marat fans, what she said was out of line.)

I can see the resemblance between Marat and Navratilova. :haha: When I first saw the pictures, I thought Andy Roddick was playing with an old lady!

Deboogle!.
03-12-2005, 05:01 PM
are there any picks of dementieva and marat?

:)

Foxy Smile
03-12-2005, 05:05 PM
Hm... They look pretty nice together :p

sprinterluck
03-12-2005, 05:08 PM
did kim or leytton like shared space together? or they just avoided each other? i wish i could see it.. damm.

Someone in Lleyton's player forum was nice enough to post the following:

Kim and Lleyton were on the same court at the same time!!!

It was all part of the Tsunami relief thing. I wasn't thinking about it, and then it hit me that they were at the same event on the same court.

Kim was very vivacious throughout. Lleyton was more reserved.

Kimmy was very cute at the charity event. She wore black pants and a tank top... very close fitting. It was black with a white front. She was in the midst of organizing fun and when she went into the stands to collect money she collected the most money and still took lots of time to stop and sign autographs and take pictures with the fans. She went to lots more fans to get money and got TWO bucket loads. The announcer was pleading with her to return. "Where is Kim" "Come back Kim"

She had fun being a ball girl. And did this thing where she and Daniela kept on rolling the ball back and forth and back and forth as Marat was getting ready to serve. It was cute..

Mrs. B
03-12-2005, 05:11 PM
great pics, Debstah. thanks for posting! :)

as Ron says, Marat can always be a stand up comedian if he decides to quit tennis. my husband does things like that to make me laugh, pull his shorts or boxers up to his chest tucked in. :haha:

Foxy Smile
03-12-2005, 05:26 PM
Question
what exactly made Roger laugh like this???

Meeek
03-12-2005, 05:33 PM
I can't make anything out on that site, so perhaps someone has d/led it and is willing to upload it on www.youshareit.com or www.yousendit.com? :kiss: pretty please?

My thoughts too. Can anyone help us out?!?!!?

Rogiman
03-12-2005, 05:33 PM
Question
what exactly made Roger laugh like this???

Maybe Andy's *equipment* :p

Deboogle!.
03-12-2005, 06:07 PM
Here are some of the pics w/o a tag :)

http://www.atptennis.com/en/players/gallery/images/pic-03-11-05-n01-g.jpg

http://www.atptennis.com/en/players/gallery/images/pic-03-11-05-n02-g.jpg

http://www.atptennis.com/en/players/gallery/images/pic-03-11-05-n03-g.jpg

http://www.atptennis.com/en/players/gallery/images/pic-03-11-05-n04-g.jpg

http://www.atptennis.com/en/players/gallery/images/pic-03-11-05-n05-g.jpg

http://www.atptennis.com/en/players/gallery/images/pic-03-11-05-n06-g.jpg

http://www.atptennis.com/en/players/gallery/images/pic-03-11-05-n07-g.jpg

http://www.atptennis.com/en/players/gallery/images/pic-03-11-05-n08-g.jpg

http://www.atptennis.com/shared/photos/180X250/safin_tsunami.jpg

Bibir
03-12-2005, 06:10 PM
I wanna have sex with him!!!!!! :bigclap: :bigclap:

http://img212.exs.cx/img212/6128/u1157p6t12d1445541f44dt2005031.jpg

snaillyyy
03-12-2005, 06:17 PM
:haha: :haha: :haha: I still laugh when I see these pics!!!! thanks for posting. Star I hope you are having a great time :D :D

Foxy Smile
03-12-2005, 06:18 PM
Bibir
I wanna too. But not only with him :devil:

Natasc
03-12-2005, 06:25 PM
I can't make anything out on that site, so perhaps someone has d/led it and is willing to upload it on www.youshareit.com or www.yousendit.com? :kiss: pretty please?
Exactly!! Swir, if you got the vid, send me a link ok ;)

Foxy Smile
03-12-2005, 06:28 PM
swirlingblacklilly

And me PLEASE ;) :angel:

MissMoJo
03-12-2005, 06:35 PM
The close ups are even better! Lars looks like he really wants that kiss :p ...I don't blame him :hearts: Seriously, it's a shame ESPN doesn't show any of this stuff, even during their less than prime time (World's strongest man can stand to have a night off :rolleyes: ) Seeing the players like this is fun for fans, and would at least be amusing to a casual person flipping through. Personalities are so important in sports, and it's great to see players who are usually reserved on court, get an opportunity to show theirs.

Setting 'Macho Rogi' :hearts: as my new background.

undomiele
03-12-2005, 06:59 PM
Damn! Those pictures are the funniest thing yet! :rolls: Can't believe I didnt know anything about this. They'd better put up a clip on eurosport or something. Jesus. I wish I'd seen it.

Bibir
03-12-2005, 07:12 PM
Federer heads tsunami fundraiser
From correspondents in Indian Wells, California
March 12, 2005

THE lighter side of the ATP and WTA Tour was on display today as Swiss superstar Roger Federer led a star-studded exhibition to raise money for Asian tsunami victims.

The ATP All-Star Rally for Relief raised $US18,300 ($23,135) for UNICEF from a series of exhibition tiebreak matches at the Indian Wells WTA and ATP Masters Series tournament.

"To get the top 10 players all committed to tonight is fantastic," Federer said. "How often do you see the top 10 players on the same court for two hours?

"It is for a good cause and it should even go beyond tonight."

Besides world No.1 Federer, other participants included 2005 Australian Open champion Marat Safin, Americans Andy Roddick and Andre Agassi, Tim Henman, Guillermo Coria and Thai tennis star Paradorn Srichaphan.

WTA players Kim Clijsters, Elena Dementieva, Amelie Mauresmo and Daniela Hantuchova also took part.

The cause was a serious one, but the mood on the court was amusing and humorous as the players joked amongst each other and played to the crowd.

Safin stole the show in his tiebreaker against Roddick. The Russian prankster put on a display of trick shots and kept the crowd of 6000 entertained with a string of one-liners.

Clijsters, Dementieva, Mauresmo and Hantuchova traded in their racquets for running shoes and acted as ball girls for the Roddick/Safin match.

Clijsters smiled and joked with Hantuchova until she froze when having to face Roddick's serve from the ball-girl position at the back of the court.

More money is expected to be added to the fund once the proceeds from tickets sales are counted, organisers said.

Agence France-Presse

http://img212.exs.cx/img212/6427/u1157p6t12d1445520f44dt2005031.jpg

tangerine_dream
03-12-2005, 07:35 PM
I'm just really impressed that practically every top player showed up for this thing (no Lubadick :devil: ). Looked like one big party. It's great to see these guys out of their hyper-competitive mode and laugh it up with one another. :yeah:

But I would love love LOVE to see/have these pics without the tag. Where is Dinarasafinafan the Great? Please Getty Goddess, can you please post the pics without the tags? *begs* I love you. :bowdown:

Saumon
03-12-2005, 07:37 PM
Ok lets pray!! :worship: :worship:
ANIIIIIIIKKKKKKKKKKK where are you??????
:bowdown:

Washa Koroleva
03-12-2005, 07:39 PM
I love the pic with Marat and Lena D. so much :)

EternalFlame
03-12-2005, 07:44 PM

:rolls: :haha:

Natasc
03-12-2005, 07:46 PM
I love the pic with Marat and Lena D. so much :)
Oh yeah, we all love :drool:

http://www.tennis.com.cn/bbs/uploadFiles/2005-03/12_692615_1.jpg

joske
03-12-2005, 08:06 PM
ooh yeah that pic's great!! i bet a lot of the Russian players' fans will make it their desktop theme ;)

ahhhh they showed parts of that on the news over here.. seemed like a wild.. erm.. # minutes :) (how long did they all joke around like that? oh wish i was there)

and I LOVED Andre's comments on Roger's hair hehe

Natasc
03-12-2005, 08:13 PM
ooh yeah that pic's great!! i bet a lot of the Russian players' fans will make it their desktop theme ;)

ahhhh they showed parts of that on the news over here.. seemed like a wild.. erm.. # minutes :) (how long did they all joke around like that? oh wish i was there)

and I LOVED Andre's comments on Roger's hair hehe
what he said?

-sOfia-
03-12-2005, 08:39 PM
http://image2.sina.com.cn/ty/t/p/2005-03-12/U1157P6T12D1445536F44DT20050312163459.jpg

http://image2.sina.com.cn/ty/t/p/2005-03-12/U1157P6T12D1445527F44DT20050312163303.jpg

maratski
03-12-2005, 08:54 PM
I'm just really impressed that practically every top player showed up for this thing (no Lubadick :devil: ). Looked like one big party. It's great to see these guys out of their hyper-competitive mode and laugh it up with one another. :yeah:

But I would love love LOVE to see/have these pics without the tag. Where is Dinarasafinafan the Great? Please Getty Goddess, can you please post the pics without the tags? *begs* I love you. :bowdown:

There's only one dick on this board and it ain't Ivan. :rolleyes:

If you would listen to Rogi's interview, you'd know that he came up with this idea already BEFORE the AO started. I wonder what the rankings looked like at the time. :o If you would actually use the brain you're suppposed to have, you'd also understand he was talking about the top 10 in the Entry system. :)

maratski
03-12-2005, 08:55 PM

The hottest dork ever!

Yasmine
03-12-2005, 09:13 PM
I have been spending about half an hour trying to reduce that pict and put in on my avatar, it just cracks me up :lol: :haha:

Yasmine
03-12-2005, 09:14 PM
http://www.atptennis.com/en/players/gallery/images/pic-03-11-05-n05-g.jpgActually that ones is even better, Marat the comedian! :cool: :devil:

sigmagirl91
03-12-2005, 09:37 PM
I love Marat Urkel...:o

Levo.
03-12-2005, 09:40 PM
Is he trying to be Martina Navratilova or something? :lol:

jazz_girl
03-12-2005, 09:42 PM
I just got to see a bit of it on tv and OMG! :haha: It was so much fun! Especially the part when Agassi was mocking Roger! :)

JeLuliA88
03-12-2005, 10:30 PM
Marat is giving dorks a good name... who knew they could be this hot!

Damita
03-12-2005, 10:58 PM
http://www.atptennis.com/en/players/gallery/images/pic-03-11-05-n05-g.jpgActually that ones is even better, Marat the comedian! :cool: :devil:
he looks like he's trying to dance the Macarena or something... :lol:

robinhood
03-12-2005, 11:26 PM
Marat's current hairstyle has definitely helped him achieve this dorky look.
I think I'll seriously have to consider revising my signature.

Haha~

perrygreen
03-12-2005, 11:50 PM

I am asked to input a Recipient's Email Address :confused: ?

robinhood
03-13-2005, 12:34 AM
Any photos of Coria and Nalbandian?
Not a hair of either is seen in any photos.

Carolinita
03-13-2005, 01:00 AM

http://img212.exs.cx/img212/23/u1157p6t12d1445519f44dt2005031.jpg http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/040613/040613_navratilova_vsm3p.vsmall.jpg

Socket
03-13-2005, 01:02 AM
Martina N. is gonna sue. This could get ugly. :scared:

(No, Rebecca, that was not an anti-gay comment.)

Natasc
03-13-2005, 01:04 AM
I am asked to input a Recipient's Email Address :confused: ?
put mine: nathalia.sc@uol.com.br

perrygreen
03-13-2005, 01:57 AM
put mine: nathalia.sc@uol.com.br

Thanks. The file has been uploaded. Just a bit but better than none. Enjoy :) Site:

http://s12.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=19IOAB775W57R333D8HFUJNI2E

Deboogle!.
03-13-2005, 01:59 AM
Thank you! :kiss:

OMG LMFAO Andre LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG This is much funnier than the pictures, they just don't do it justice. Too bad we can't see the whole thing :( LOL Marat was really funny when he kissed the ump!

Thank you!!

RogiFan88
03-13-2005, 02:02 AM
The hottest dork ever!

you said it, maratski! ;)

well done, Rogi! :angel:

RogiFan88
03-13-2005, 02:02 AM
Too too funny, esp Marat the comedian! Absolutely hysterical! I figure star can make a little fortune copying this event for all of us... ;)

federer_roar
03-13-2005, 03:10 AM
Thanks. The file has been uploaded. Just a bit but better than none. Enjoy :) Site:

Thanks perrygreen. kiss:

darnyelb
03-13-2005, 03:51 AM
That is effing hilarious. Marat rules. At first I thought someone Photoshop'd his head on Dodo Cheney's body or something.

superpinkone37
03-13-2005, 05:10 AM
OH. MY. GOD.

This is pretty much the funniest thing like ever. I am still laughing :haha:

THanks to everyone who posted pics/articles/video :kiss:

onion
03-13-2005, 05:14 AM
LMAO guys, thanks so much for posting those pics!!

It is hilarious!

Good on Marat for making the effort to bring some glasses! lol. It didn't look like anyone else dressed up though but Roddick did join in which was good!

mer
03-13-2005, 10:18 AM
Marat's current hairstyle has definitely helped him achieve this dorky look.
I think I'll seriously have to consider revising my signature.

Haha~

No, he's still not so bad ;)

http://www.safinator.com/IW_05.php

wipeout
03-13-2005, 11:32 AM
Here's some more humour from Indian Wells. It's just a quote I liked and stuck in this thread rather than add a new one for a single quote.

Q. Can you talk about the Top 4 that have emerged in tennis, Andy Roddick, Roger Federer, Lleyton Hewitt, and whatnot. Is there a motivation for everybody else to catch up to that pack?

ANDRE AGASSI: The "whatnot" would be Safin , right (smiling)?

Yeah, that Marat Whatnot is one hell of a player... ;)

I read that here (http://www.pacificlifeopen.com/en/players/interviews/interviews/05_agassi5.asp).

NINA_BCN
03-13-2005, 12:11 PM

http://img212.exs.cx/img212/23/u1157p6t12d1445519f44dt2005031.jpg http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/040613/040613_navratilova_vsm3p.vsmall.jpg

:haha: :haha: Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :haha: :haha:

Saumon
03-13-2005, 12:21 PM
I cant watch the video :sad:

Mrs. B
03-13-2005, 01:28 PM
thanks for the additional photos. really priceless! :lol:

Horatio Caine
03-13-2005, 01:32 PM
If you put glasses on Jessica Fletcher woman...there is certain resemblance between these two!! :haha: :haha:

gogo_guga
03-13-2005, 03:34 PM
Can someone help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't watch the video either!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'll panic if I don't see it!!!!
Can someone please please please help me????

*J*
03-13-2005, 09:11 PM
Marat is priceless! :haha: :haha: :haha: :worship:

But I can't see the video either. :sad: :sad:
It says that the link is not available or something like that. :confused:

snaillyyy
03-13-2005, 09:25 PM

Thanks for the video :haha: :haha: :haha:

Carolinita
03-14-2005, 02:12 AM
Thanks for the video :haha: :haha: :haha:
but I can't watch the video! :( : File Transfer: Unavailable. Unfortunately, the link you have clicked is not available. ...what happen!

robinhood
03-14-2005, 02:25 AM
If anyone in the US watched the coverage on ESPN2 today(Sun.), they did show some snippets of the exhibition very briefly. From what I saw, I could tell that it was an amusing night. Andre imitated Roger putting his head band on, and Roger pretended shaving his head a la Agassi. Of course, they showed Marat and Andy playing dorky twins. What else? I remember seeing some shots of Mauresmo and Dementieva, too, playing ballgirls (I think), but it was just too short!

elizabeth_c
03-14-2005, 03:32 AM
hmmmmmm..i wish i could have been there!

helloworld40
03-14-2005, 04:33 AM
I would love to watch a video of that -- the posted link does not work anymore though??? Any1 can help? pleeazzzzz

Safin is so so funny -- all the gestures he makes are just darn right dorky. How does he know how to make himself look right that?? I don't think he even realizes how hysterically funny he looks ...

Becarina
03-14-2005, 05:18 AM
i think only a certain amount of people can view it before it closes :confused: I wish I had seen it aslo...looks darn funny ;)

BelgianWaffle
03-14-2005, 07:52 AM
Didn't even recognize Marat untill I saw the posts :bolt:

NiciSunflower
03-14-2005, 09:19 AM
Thanx, you've made my day Marat :haha: :spit: :rolls:

Horatio Caine
03-14-2005, 09:26 AM
I'd say Marat still had some woman left in him when he played Jarkko :lol:

syd
03-14-2005, 10:21 AM
:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :
Marat & Andy are really funny guy
nerner:

warster15
03-17-2005, 01:41 AM
Hi. The yousendit link has been blocked already. Could somebody post the video again? This is something I'd really love to see, and I believe that many of us still haven't got this video. Thanks so much in advanced. :)

BHH1988
03-17-2005, 04:25 AM
They have a good video up on atptennis.com now. It's titled "exclusive video" on the main page with the tournament summaries. You can also click the atp stars section on the right hand margin if you scroll down a bit, under the play of the week. Good video, not that much new from the other video, but it's in english so that's good. I still am stumped about what made federer and agassi laugh so hard in that one picture though. You know what i'm talking about. They were like crapping in their seats laughing...but why? WHY?

Lady
03-17-2005, 06:28 AM
That's just great!! :lol:

Thanks, star, for the report!! :D

gsm
03-17-2005, 06:49 AM

i instantly thought that also!

DoolpH_
03-17-2005, 12:42 PM
If someone want to watch the video, it's on the ATP site :P
Here's the link : http://www.atptennis.com/en/tvshow/VideoDownload.asp?file=Star_Moment_(15_03_2005)_ul tra.wmv

-sOfia-
03-18-2005, 12:56 AM
http://www.tennis-ontheline.com/pics/05iw/iw05group09.jpg
:lol: :haha: Cheering for Tim.

Lots more at http://www.tennis-ontheline.com/.
Thanks to Traci Tyson aka Tratree at WTAworld. :D

Space Cowgirl
03-18-2005, 06:58 PM
so...was Kim cheering on Lleyton Hewitt too? :devil:

Socket
03-18-2005, 07:53 PM
so...was Kim cheering on Lleyton Hewitt too? :devil:
In a television interview she did, she said she was cheering for him during the AO.