Indian Wells [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Indian Wells

Hasilicious
03-12-2005, 02:42 AM
Tommy will play the winner of Calatrava and Mathieu who play Saturday morning at 10:00 AM PST. Go Tommy. We will all be pulling for you on Sunday!

BTW I saw him play in Memphis. He indeed will make you go weak in the knees. He is as beautiful and talented as a Greek God. He was staying at our hotel and we spoke with him in the lobby just before he left for the airport after he lost to Mirnyi. He really is too delicious for words - Hasilicious that is!

Neely
03-12-2005, 12:26 PM
welcome to the forum, Hasilicious! :wavey: :bigwave:

Good luck to Tommy! :) :yeah:
I hope he can do it, Mathieu isn't a crap player, but if Tommy is playing well he can only win IMO!

tom&ni
03-12-2005, 06:44 PM
He's so Hasilicious, my love :drool: ... What did he speak of? I just LOVE his German/Austrian accent when he speaks English, and even more when he makes grammatical mistakes sometimes! :D Adorable, simply adorable, my precious...

RodFan08
03-12-2005, 11:53 PM
He's so Hasilicious, my love :drool: ... What did he speak of? I just LOVE his German/Austrian accent when he speaks English, and even more when he makes grammatical mistakes sometimes! :D Adorable, simply adorable, my precious...

I know it's really cute:) I totally agree

Hasilicious
03-13-2005, 02:12 AM
When we saw Tommy in Memphis he was checking out of our hotel. He spoke with the front desk for quite some time. I am not sure if he was discussing his bill or getting directions or what. He had his coach Red with him and also had a tall, slim blond girl, who I suppose is his current girlfriend.

We stood back and did not disturb him while he was at the front desk. Of course we thoroughly enjoyed looking at him from behind. He was wearing tight jeans, and oh my what great buns! And of course that beautiful almost black pony tail!!!!!

Red and the girl quickly got into the waiting Mercedes but Tommy took time to sign many autographs and was quite friendly. Yes, his voice is extremely sexy. Love, love the accent. He says, "ya, ya" quite a bit. Just before he left he asked "All done now?" Honey I could never be all done with him!

Hasilicious
03-13-2005, 02:40 AM
That Hasilicious Man plays Sunday at 10 AM PST!!!! Take him out Tiger!!!!!

Hasilicious
03-13-2005, 07:53 PM
Tommy just lost his match 6-7, 3-6. I am so sad for him. He will be back!!!!

tom&ni
03-13-2005, 09:40 PM
Tight jeans, you said? You know, in some states, that could be classified as a felony. God, he IS a walking felony!!!! :drool:

Hasilicious
03-14-2005, 01:45 AM
Oh yes, I minght be arrested for a felony after seeing him in the jeans. They fit like a glove!

Neely
03-14-2005, 07:35 AM
I'm very sad that this tournament is already over for him. :sad:
I hope he can do better in Miami then :yeah:

I also think Mathieu was on a confidence high after his Davis Cup performance. Always when I was watching the scoreboard, Tommy had so many troubles holding his own service games. Even the 1st set was a complete struggle, Tommy has to go awful lot deuces to even reach the tiebreak, saved a load of setpoints even in the last game.
I couldn't watch the match, but I think he was just too much put under pressure as I suppose Mathieu played a good match of his own.

Hasilicious
03-14-2005, 01:47 PM
Neely,

Over on Tommy's homepage an article in German was referenced regarding yesterday's match. They say it talks about him having a "private problem" that could not be solved. Unfortunately I cannot read German. Does it say anything else?http://focus.msn.de/hps/fol/newsausgabe/newsausgabe.htm?id=12506

Truc
03-14-2005, 02:09 PM
Hi Hasilicious,
Neely will explain it better than I can, but no, the article doesn't mention what the problem is. Haas just said that he's physically fine and it's not a problem concerning his parents. But that's all what we know at the moment.

NiciSunflower
03-14-2005, 02:10 PM
He's not saying anything special about those private issues. But everything's fine with his parents and his health. I'll translate it for you, if you want to.

NiciSunflower
03-14-2005, 03:19 PM
HAAS PLAGEN MYSTERIÖSE PROBLEME

| 14.03.05 |

Tommy Haas hat nach seinem Aus in Indian Wells merkwürdige Andeutungen über private Probleme gemacht, die ihn „innerlich bluten“ lassen.

Der deutsche Tennisprofi verließ am Sonntag (Ortszeit) nach seiner Zweitrunden-Pleite mit 6:7 (3:7), 3:6 gegen den Franzosen Paul-Henri Matthieu wie ein Häufchen Elend das Turnier.

Kraftlos, mutlos und willenlos präsentierte sich Haas im Duell gegen den in der Schweiz lebenden Weltranglisten-96. Im ersten Satz konnte der an Nummer 16 gesetzte Olympia-Zweite von Sydney zwar sechs Satzbälle abwehren, ehe er sich geschlagen geben musste. Doch schon hier wurde deutlich, was Haas hinterher als Erklärung für seine leidenschaftslose, deprimierende Vorstellung angab: „Ich fühlte mich schlecht, war mit den Gedanken nicht richtig beim Match.“

Anfangs stammelte er etwas davon, dass dies daran liege, weil er schlecht geschlafen habe, er schon kurz nach fünf Uhr wach geworden und offenbar mit dem falschen Bein aufgestanden sei. Auch die in der kalifornischen Wüste um einige Grad gefallenen Temperaturen hätten ihm zu schaffen gemacht.

Probleme lassen Haas „innerlich bluten“

Schließlich aber rückte der 26-Jährige mit der Wahrheit heraus. Mit eingefallenen Augen und traurigem Blick sprach er davon, dass ihn einige Probleme belasten, die eine „negative Stimmung erzeugen, ihn innerlich schmerzen und bluten lassen“. Es seien aber keine gesundheitlichen Sorgen, versicherte Haas, der zwischen 2002 und 2004 wegen einer Schulteroperation 467 Tage pausieren musste. Auch seinen Eltern, die im Juni 2002 bei einem Motorradunfall schwer verletzt wurden, gehe es gut. Es handelt sich um „mehrere private Probleme", offenbarte Haas, ohne jedoch darüber sprechen zu wollen. Er meinte lediglich: „Ein Problem wird sich nur sehr schwer lösen lassen.“

So wie vor einer Woche nach seiner Niederlage im Daviscup gegen Südafrika wollte Haas auch Indian Wells auf dem schnellsten Weg verlassen. Ziel war sein amerikanischer Wohnort Bradenton in Florida, wo er mit ein wenig Ruhe und Training auf das in der nächsten Woche beginnende Masters in Miami vorbereiten möchte. Was dem zweimaligen Australia Open-Halbfinalisten bleibe, sei die Hoffnung, dass sich alles rasch zum Guten wendet, damit er sich wieder voll und ganz dem Tennis widmen könne.

Translation (sorry that it took so long, but I had to do the laundry...)

HAAS WORRIED BY MYSTERIOUS PROBLEMS

After his defeat in Indian Wells Tommy Haas dropped some weird hints of private problems that make him “bleed inside”.

The German tennis professional left the tournament on Sunday like the picture of misery after his 2nd-round loss (6:7, 3:6) against Frenchman Paul-Henri Mathieu.

Weak, disheartened and without any willpower Haas presented himself in the duel with the world’s nr. 96 who’s living in Switzerland. In the first set the 16th seeded Olympic Silver medallist of Sydney was able to beat back 6 set balls before he had to admit defeat. At this point Tommy’s explanation for his passionless, depressing performance has been already obvious: “I felt bad, my thoughts weren’t at the match.”

At first he stammered that it’s because of not having slept well, he had woken up shortly after 5 am and obviously got out of bed on the wrong side. Further the lower temperatures in the Californian desert didn’t fit him he said.

In the end the 26-year-old came out with the truth. Hollow-eyed and with a sad look he talked of some problems that cause a “negative vibe, that hurt and make him bleed inside.” But they’re not about his health, Haas, who was forced to a 467-days-lasting break between 2002 and 2004 because of his shoulder, assured. Also his parents, who were seriously injured in a motorcycle crash in June 2002, were doing fine. It’s about “several private issues”, Haas revealed, without wanting to talk about them. He only said: “One problem will be very hard to solve.”

Like a week ago after his DC loss in South Africa Haas wanted to leave Indian Wells by the quickest possible means. His destination was his American habitat in Bradenton, FL, where he wants to prepare for the upcoming Miami Masters with a little bit of peace and training. What’s left for the two time AUSO - semi finalist is the hope that everything will quickly take a turn to the better so that he can completely dedicate himself to tennis again.

Neely
03-14-2005, 07:12 PM
Thanks very much for posting this, Nici! :yeah:

Damn, sounds bad if his thoughts are completely somewhere else and if he is sooo sad about that :tears:

Agassi Fan
03-14-2005, 07:55 PM
I'm very sad now. :-(

Hasilicious
03-14-2005, 10:14 PM
Nici,
Thank you so very much for the translation! Just watching the scoring on the Pacific Life website yesterday, I sensed that something was not right with him. I am praying that things work out with whatever is distracting him. He seems a very tender and sensitive person, but he must not squander his awesome talent at what should be the peak of his career. Thanks again.

NiciSunflower
03-15-2005, 02:52 PM
You're very welcome.

I just hope that any problems can be solved quickly and that he soon feels better. :sad:

Fee
03-16-2005, 01:13 AM
Thanks for translating this article. I was at Indian Wells last week and I spoke to Tommy a few times in the days leading up to his match. On Friday, I walked with him from the practice courts to the players' entrance and he seemed in a very good place, very chatty with me. During that conversation he did say that his health was fine, his parents were doing very well lately, and he was over the jetlag from the Davis Cup trip. I did not see him practice or anything on Saturday, so I don't know if he was still okay then. I had a ticket problem on Sunday and did not get to his match until the third game of the second set, but what I saw was the worst example of 'mental meltdown Tommy' that you can imagine. That beautiful backhand of his was not doing what he was telling it to do and even his volleys seemed off-track (when he bothered to wander towards the net). I agree that Mathieu was a force to be reckoned with considering his recent successes, and Tommy needed to be there 100% to fight him. He's going to lose some points and some rankings places with this loss, but I hope that he has been able to get home and take care of the things he needs to take care of. I really want to see him do well in Miami to make up for this.

Fee
03-16-2005, 10:38 PM
Can someone translate this? It's the most recent German entry on his website (the last English one is still about Davis Cup). Thanks.

Frühes Aus in Indian Wells

Mit 6:7 und 3:6 habe ich gegen den Franzosen Paul-Henri Mathieu in der 2. Runde des Masters Series Turniers von Indian Wells verloren. Das ist ein enttäuschendes Resultat. Ich war an Position 16 gesetzt und hatte mir mehr erhofft und vorgenommen.

Inzwischen bin ich zu Hause angekommen. Ich werde bis Donnerstag hier in Bradenton sein und dann bereits Richtung Süden nach Miami fahren. Dort findet ja das nächste Masters Series Event statt. Für meine Eltern ist bereits die letzte Woche ihres Aufenthalts in Florida angebrochen. Meine Schwester, Karin, wird mich ab Donnerstag zusammen mit ihrer Freundin besuchen. Ich hole sie in Miami ab –und dann beginnt auch schon die Vorbereitung auf das Turnier. Nach dem frühen Aus in Indian Wells ist das 2. Masters Series Turnier des Jahres umso wichtiger für mich geworden.

Euch weiterhin viel Spaß auf meiner Homepage!

Viele Grüße,
Tommy

Neely
03-17-2005, 12:04 AM
Early Exit in Indian Wells

I lost by 6:7 3:6 to the Frenchman Paul-Henri Mathieu in the 2nd round of the Masters of Indian Wells. That was a disappointing result. I was seeded #16 and I hoped for more and I wanted to do more.

Meanwhile I have arrived back home. I will be in Bradenton until Thursday and then I will go South for Miami. There will take place the next Masters event. For my parents it's going to be already the last week of their stay in Florida. My sister, Karin, will visit me on Thursday together with her friend. I will pick them up in Miami where the preparation for the next tournament will start. After the early exit in Indian Wells, the 2nd Masters tournament of the year is going to be even more important for me.

Have fun on my homepage!

Greets,
Tommy

Fee
03-17-2005, 08:28 AM
Thank you Neely. He sounds upbeat, I hope he has better results next week.

Sue Ellen
03-17-2005, 01:43 PM
Hey guys,

It is so horrible....What is to become of poor Tommy? What the hell could be wrong with him? Something that can never be resolved......has he done something unspeakable? It's weird, a little scary!