Top Players [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Top Players

jmj24
03-09-2005, 05:44 PM
I just learned to play tennis and now i want to start to get into some games. Who are some the most exciting tennis players to watch both men and women.

Angle Queen
03-09-2005, 05:47 PM
Pick one...anyone...of the Top 20. They all have different styles...and eventually you'll find one that appeals to you.

adeegee
03-09-2005, 06:20 PM
If you want to watch the best : Federer
If you want to watch the most charismatic : Safin
If you want to watch a lot of aces : Roddick
If you want to watch someone who never gives up : Hewitt or Nadal
If you want to watch a talented player but prone to getting injured : Coria
If you want to watch someone and wonder how they never win big tournaments : Nalbandian
If you want to watch someone big : Karlovic
If you want to watch someone small : Either of the Rochus'
If you want to watch someone crap : Er, a pick of many, I'd go with Labadze though.
If you want to watch someone who will be great on clay but crap on everything else : Gaudio
If you want to watch a bald headed man : Agassi or Ljubicic

Hope that helps :p

p.s. Follow Nadal in my opinion. The biggest talent around, plus as passionate a player as you'll find. That's my neutral verdict. :rolleyes:

Chloe le Bopper
03-09-2005, 06:51 PM
Coria for life.

federer express
03-09-2005, 06:54 PM
not that many really genuinely exciting top players that i can think of.
watch federer to see the most complete game and safin for the entertainment. fernando gonzalez is fun to watch too. and labadze. lol :)

Bibir
03-09-2005, 07:08 PM
http://www.hippochri.de/images/hippoLuke_Eiwalker.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v223/bibir/hgyyyu.jpg

Signed Hippofanforever 766739990000126999. :wavey:

Foxy Smile
03-09-2005, 07:56 PM
:) Watch tennis and make your own opinion :)

Auscon
03-10-2005, 03:19 AM
Federer, Hewitt, Nadal, Safin

Smankyou
03-10-2005, 03:30 AM
If you want to watch someone crap : Er, a pick of many, I'd go with Labadze though.
*pulls your hair*

Labadze for life.

Kristen
03-10-2005, 05:16 AM
I agree with Foxy. If you can get yourself to a tennis tournament, you should do it.
I'm not sure how old you are, or what the chances are of you doing this, but it's probably best to get yourself out there and see what appeals to you. :wavey:

syd
03-10-2005, 09:00 AM
all the players have something !
even if we propose some names, u gonna certainly change because it depends of yourself & how you are !!!!

CooCooCachoo
03-10-2005, 09:01 AM
If you want to watch the most charismatic : Safin

:tape: I disagree :p

CooCooCachoo
03-10-2005, 09:01 AM
Anyways, I am really not going to tell you to watch all the guys in my sig (though you won't be bored :p) ;) You should try to find out for yourself what players you like and don't like ;)

adele
03-10-2005, 10:11 AM
Bibir, i love that hippo... :haha:

adeegee
03-10-2005, 04:34 PM
:tape: I disagree :p

the racket throwing can be rather amusing. plus the slumps in body language

Nimomunz
03-10-2005, 04:39 PM
Boy have you just opened a can of worms!! Tennis players and their skill and talent levels is a very subjective thing to discuss on any given day and in any given place but especiallly so in MTF coz you have the Andy-haters and the Ducks-for-lifers :) , the hippos :wavey: and the Marat-haters, the people on the FedExpress and those watching it go by :mad: , the coria-haters and the ....erm Coria-dislikers??? :p , the Henman hillers and the anglophobes, and finally the Lleyton-c'mon-fans and everyone with decent manners who knows that that is just rude
So make up your own mind!!!!!!!!!
P.S. the above statement was a subjective summary of what the poster has noticed about MTF in her SHORT stay here and does not reflect on the posters personal preferences.........SO PLEASE NO BAD-REPS BOUT THIS!!!!!

adeegee
03-10-2005, 05:06 PM
P.S. the above statement was a subjective summary of what the poster has noticed about MTF in her SHORT stay here and does not reflect on the posters personal preferences.........SO PLEASE NO BAD-REPS BOUT THIS!!!!!

:haha: the points you made were very valid!

Skyward
03-10-2005, 05:33 PM
If you want to know how professinal tennis players eat, watch Marat. I had a pleasure of seeing him to swallow at least 10 pounds of food at once almost 6 ago in Boston. :haha:

Saumon
03-10-2005, 05:38 PM
:tape:

Sjengster
03-10-2005, 05:40 PM
Of the current Top 20, you haven't lived until you've seen Massu play live. And afterwards, you don't feel like you want to.

Horatio Caine
03-10-2005, 10:28 PM
Watch Tim Henman - he brings great variety to the game particularly now that serve and volley is dying out quicker than Roddick's serve goes past his opponent. Plus he will retire by the end of 2006/7 so there are fewer chances to see such a great game plan.

adeegee
03-10-2005, 10:45 PM
Watch Tim Henman - he brings great variety to the game particularly now that serve and volley is dying out quicker than Roddick's serve goes past his opponent. Plus he will retire by the end of 2006/7 so there are fewer chances to see such a great game plan.

:rolleyes: you might also have to put up with him blowing some great chances to win matches/tournaments. where you been jez i haven't seen you for a while

Horatio Caine
03-10-2005, 11:41 PM
:rolleyes: you might also have to put up with him blowing some great chances to win matches/tournaments. where you been jez i haven't seen you for a while

That's what I mean - it is great experience watching him!

Where have I been? I'm back now but touched you missed me :lol:

Horatio Caine
03-10-2005, 11:45 PM
Of the current Top 20, you haven't lived until you've seen Massu play live. And afterwards, you don't feel like you want to.

:haha: :haha: Sjengster - it has been too long since I last read some of your posts. They sure don't lack humour even now!

Ferrero Forever
03-11-2005, 02:22 AM
i just watch whoever is on tv, but of course you're gonna want to see your faves more than everyone else, so i go to all the spaniards matches because they're usually exciting, but i can't go past Ferrero, unfortunately i don't get to see too many of his matches though.

Margy
03-11-2005, 12:32 PM
I see you are from the US. You really do want to try to get to a tournament somewhere. Otherwise you won't get much exposure to any players other than Americans. TV coverage with ESPN basically gives you the Americans and whoever they happen to be playing against. You will rarely see a televised match with 2 non-Americans playing each other. (Though they do seem to be getting the picture that Federer just might be worth watching, so you do get most of his matches)

When I first started following tennis, I thought Roddick and Agassi were the kings of the tennis world simply because they were the only ones my newspaper ever wrote about. After going to see live matches, I've picked up totally different faves. Once you start following someone, the different international news sources and forums like this are great for keeping up with how they are doing even if you can't see them on TV. I still like both Andy and Andre because they are excellent players and they are my fellow countrymen. But now I'd rather watch the Spanish players (in spite of some of their recent performances). But that's what happens after you develop a loyalty. You continue to cheer for them even when they are in a slump. Getting excited about your players performance is what makes it all fun!

So do your best to get to whatever tournament is closest to you this year and Welcome to the Party! :D

ManBoy
03-11-2005, 12:50 PM
Hear me now and believe me later, watch Federer whenever and as often as you can. You won't see another player like him again in your life. None of us will.