I think Roddick is losing it mentally [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

I think Roddick is losing it mentally

JCF
03-07-2005, 09:59 PM
In the past few months he's really tanked alot of matches, and given up on matches he wouldn't have done in 2003. I mean he got bagelled in the bangkok final (i know he was kinda injured), his performance against Hewitt at the Masters Cup was terrible. Then after 3 greats sets of tennis against Hewitt at Oz he just totally faded, and now this loss to Ljubicic.

I'm getting a bit concerned about Roddick, whats up with him, he's supposed to be a fighter.

El Legenda
03-07-2005, 10:01 PM
In the past few months he's really tanked alot of matches, and given up on matches he wouldn't have done in 2003. I mean he got bagelled in the bangkok final (i know he was kinda injured), his performance against Hewitt at the Masters Cup was terrible. Then after 3 greats sets of tennis against Hewitt at Oz he just totally faded, and now this loss to Ljubicic.

I'm getting a bit concerned about Roddick, whats up with him, he's supposed to be a fighter.

to cocky...thinks that the serve will win every match....

If you watched his match vs Ljubo on ESPN2..before the match Ljubo said i know i can beat him..he does not change anything about his game..after few matchs you noticed the game and he does not make changes..

Horatio Caine
03-07-2005, 10:08 PM
The aura about him has definitely worn thin...he was way too strong for anyone in summer 2003 but gradually players have got more used to his game over the last 12 or 18 months because he has done little to improve or diversify.

I wouldn't read too much into it...Hewitt is awkward for most players, Ljubo is on fire and was undoubtedly going to be dangerous especially as their last meetings were so close. But Federer...he won't touch him.

Unless Andy modifies his game for the better e.g. serve and volley or something more attacking after the serve, he won't do much better and other players will overtake him. As i said some months ago he is not a top 3 player anymore, and to be honest...he isn't a top 5 player anymore either.

adeegee
03-07-2005, 10:10 PM
I actually think thats a very valid point. The first time I decided I really liked him was when he beat Chang at the FO. He was cramping in the 5th set like mad but showed amazing guts to win it. Then I started following him closely, and he often showed brilliant fighting qualities to win matches he probably shouldn't have. But all of a sudden he seems to show a bit of a lack of effort at times, even when its a huge match. The Davis Cup final against Nadal for example, a match everyone knew he had to win, he just stopped chasing balls after a while, whereas Nadal was reaching absolutely everything.

I used to associate Roddick with the phrase, "he leaves it all out on the court, win or lose." i'm not sure if that still stands with him.

onewoman74
03-07-2005, 10:14 PM
Hasn't this talk of Roddick modifying his game kinda of old now?...he hasn't done much to improve his game- other than change his coach. When is this change going to occur? Players are on to his game and I think deep down he knows it. That could be a reason for his lackluster performances.

Horatio Caine
03-07-2005, 10:15 PM
I'm a little concerned about his fitness...he has suffered a few niggling injuries to his serving arm...is the serve causing him the damage that could be expected later on in his career? That might explain the lack of effort in the latter stages of matches...his arm is a little dead / heavy / sore?

Of course this may just be a little mental burnout that has caught up with him all of a sudden e.g. from summer and winter 2003 and last year. He plays so many matches...but there again many other players do. :confused:

Did Dent steal all his beer while he was on DC duty? Withdrawal symptoms still persisting? Gee Andy - rapidly running out of options! :lol:

adeegee
03-07-2005, 10:15 PM
If he's gonna come to the net he needs to change his racquet. FACT!

Horatio Caine
03-07-2005, 10:16 PM
If he's gonna come to the net he needs to change his racquet. FACT!

"If he's gonna come to the net he needs to change" his brain. REALITY!

Carito_90
03-07-2005, 10:18 PM
Thanks for that Captain Obvious.

(Sorry I had to :p.)

adeegee
03-07-2005, 10:19 PM
I'm a little concerned about his fitness...he has suffered a few niggling injuries to his serving arm

I actually think its his actual fitness, lasting a long match which should be called into question. Last years AO, lost the 5th set to Safin when should've won after taking 4th. Last years FO, tanked the 5th set against Mutis when the draw had opened up nicely for a decent run. US Open, somehow lost the 5th set when he looked in total command after coming from 2-0 down to johansson. Davis Cup Final, looked absolutely dead on clay in the 4th set. Yesterday, really should've beaten a jaded Ljubicic after taking the 4th set, but tanks the 5th

Horatio Caine
03-07-2005, 10:21 PM
I actually think its his actual fitness, lasting a long match which should be called into question. Last years AO, lost the 5th set to Safin when should've won after taking 4th. Last years FO, tanked the 5th set against Mutis when the draw had opened up nicely for a decent run. US Open, somehow lost the 5th set when he looked in total command after coming from 2-0 down to johansson. Davis Cup Final, looked absolutely dead on clay in the 4th set. Yesterday, really should've beaten a jaded Ljubicic after taking the 4th set, but tanks the 5th

Yeah - great points. Didn't think of some of those matches. I always thought his fitness was questionable anyway...he seemed to get through some of the matches on pure adrenaline and determination before...now all that seems to be lacking as you say...and he is left with just raw fitness..or lack of it.

Horatio Caine
03-07-2005, 10:21 PM
Maybe he left his brain at the Blackjack table? :lol:

federer express
03-07-2005, 10:22 PM
i think adeegee is losing it...mentally! ;)

adeegee
03-07-2005, 10:26 PM
i think adeegee is losing it...mentally! ;)

:haha: :haha: :haha:

i think i've been wound up by the billions of croatians who have suddenly appeared on the board.....

but seriously, another thing, of all the players that should be able to last 5 set matches it should be him, seeing as he gets more cheap points on his serve than any other player. all his matches are pretty short because of this. plus he's got the former ATP tour trainer in his camp so there really is no excuse for him to be unfit

federer express
03-07-2005, 10:28 PM
:haha: :haha: :haha:

i think i've been wound up by the billions of croatians who have suddenly appeared on the board.....

but seriously, another thing, of all the players that should be able to last 5 set matches it should be him, seeing as he gets more cheap points on his serve than any other player. all his matches are pretty short because of this. plus he's got the former ATP tour trainer in his camp so there really is no excuse for him to be unfit

wasn't chatting about your tennis views. had more to do with your popstar comments

federer express
03-07-2005, 10:28 PM
:timebomb: wasn't chatting about your tennis views. had more to do with your popstar comments

adeegee
03-07-2005, 10:30 PM
wasn't chatting about your tennis views. had more to do with your popstar comments

its undeniable! you look like darius! he's got a fit bird as well, and he's scottish. the guy's got a lot going for him, you should be happy with the comparison :rolleyes:

federer express
03-07-2005, 10:31 PM
its undeniable! you look like darius! he's got a fit bird as well, and he's scottish. the guy's got a lot going for him, you should be happy with the comparison :rolleyes:

lol. yup...he's your typical scot ;)

onewoman74
03-07-2005, 10:34 PM
Sounds like we got a love connection...i'm getting worried about you two.

adeegee
03-07-2005, 10:36 PM
Sounds like we got a love connection...i'm getting worried about you two.

Nah we're just harmlessly flirting :devil:

blosson
03-07-2005, 10:37 PM
Andy will surface again after RG. He suffered loads of pressure last year by always coming second to Roger. It did affect him somehow.
Ljubo is ok for now but if he keeps losing to Roger he might get burnt out too. It's hard to almost get there without reaching the top. Well Andy did once.
Ljubo will soon find out.

federer express
03-07-2005, 10:38 PM
Nah we're just harmlessly flirting :devil:

i'm not flirting! unless u are a girl that looks like sophie marceau. :)

adeegee
03-07-2005, 10:40 PM

fraid not. i look like elena baltacha though :rolleyes:

onewoman74
03-07-2005, 10:41 PM

Sorry can't help u babe...no Sophie Marcaeu here.

Horatio Caine
03-07-2005, 10:41 PM
fraid not. i look like elena baltacha though :rolleyes:

OMFG - I think she is quite fit actually ;) :haha::haha:

blosson
03-07-2005, 10:42 PM
i went away for 2 seconds and are you still talking about boybands?

adeegee
03-07-2005, 10:44 PM
OMFG - I think she is quite fit actually ;) :haha::haha:

I sincerely hope that was sarcastic....She's about as fit Anastacia Myskina

adeegee
03-07-2005, 10:45 PM

we're not talking about boybands...we're talking about ugly girls....as says the title of this thread (apologies for going off topic JCF) :p

Horatio Caine
03-07-2005, 10:45 PM
I sincerely hope that was sarcastic....She's about as fit Anastacia Myskina

When she is off the court, Elena can look quite fit. Someone has to love Myskina! :lol:

adeegee
03-07-2005, 10:46 PM
When she is off the court, Elena can look quite fit. Someone has to love Myskina! :lol:

yeah her blind mum

Horatio Caine
03-07-2005, 10:47 PM
yeah her blind mum

A little harsh there mate ;)

onewoman74
03-07-2005, 10:47 PM

:haha: :haha:

adeegee
03-07-2005, 10:52 PM
Back to the topic....other players who are unfit

1. Labadze! (fatty)
2. Coria (too many injuries)
3. Nalbandian (could fill a swimming pool with the amount he sweats during a match, he's not actually unfit though)

blosson
03-07-2005, 10:56 PM
4. Dent [he would empty nalby's swiming pool but diving in it]

adeegee
03-07-2005, 10:57 PM
4. Dent [he would empty nalby's swiming pool but diving in it]

:haha: absolutely right young taylor the chipmonk slipped my mind

erik-the-red
03-07-2005, 11:34 PM
Roddick is the toughest of the current American generation (ie. barring Agassi, he's the last man standing of his generation).

But, compared to Hewitt or Rogi, he's just ever so slightly weak mentally.

He's a great player. No ifs, ands, or buts about it.

But! For someone who has a power game, he does have a few glaring holes in his game (viz. backhand not penetating enough, net game).

El Legenda
03-07-2005, 11:42 PM
to cocky...thinks that the serve will win every match....

If you watched his match vs Ljubo on ESPN2..before the match Ljubo said i know i can beat him..he does not change anything about his game..after few matchs you noticed the game and he does not make changes..

i agree with this guy^ ;)

Deivid23
03-07-2005, 11:48 PM
Back to the topic....other players who are unfit

1. Labadze! (fatty)
2. Coria (too many injuries)
3. Nalbandian (could fill a swimming pool with the amount he sweats during a match, he's not actually unfit though)

Roger Federer

MissMoJo
03-08-2005, 12:29 AM
Roger Federer
Is unfit? mentally or physically? and what are you basing this on?

jole
03-08-2005, 12:35 AM

I believe he means physically.

Deivid23
03-08-2005, 12:46 AM

Obviously physically. Look at what happened in Melbourne against Marat.

Yoda
03-08-2005, 01:38 AM
Remember Andy's marathon match versus El Aynaoui...he seemed pretty fit then.

What happened?

Becarina
03-08-2005, 01:46 AM
he got older. Started eating more pizza and drinking beer... ;)

erik-the-red
03-08-2005, 01:52 AM
Federer does seem to have an endurance problem. It's definitely NOT mental. He doesn't quit very easily; he'll will matches through.

A few weeks ago someone mentioned Rogi's five set record is ~ 7 to 8, wins to losses. That is indeed startling.

Of course, his two, three, and four set records are much, much better.

I remember Borg's record is something like 23 to 4. A more relevant statistic is Hewitt's five set record, which is 16 to 8.

But, I still love Rogi... :worship:

nkhera1
03-08-2005, 04:27 AM
This is my first post here, but here goes

Roddick has a few problems which i would like to elaborate on.

1. Serve-Yes you guys must be wondering how can his serve be a problem, but from what i've seen, is not he is just trying to smack it hard while just placing it in a general area. Before he used to be able to place it pretty well but not hit it as hard. Even Ljubicic himself said i have trouble returning accurate serves not hard serves and Ljubicic won a point on a 145 mph serve, that can't happen ever. Andy's best service game was when he had 2 aces on serves that were placed well but not too fast, so imo Roddick needs to take something off of his serve to get it in more and place it better. Roddick is used to getting free points off of his serve, but he isn't getting them as much anymore and i think that is a reason.
2. His backhand is attrocious. He can only slice it and hit it cross-court, he needs to develop a down-the-line backhand so that he can use it. As mentioned on another tennis site Ivan should have just sat on a chair crosscourt to Andy's backhand when they had backhand rallies because thats the only place he went.
3. Needs to work on his approach shot, many times he would slice it straight to Ljubicic and Ljubicic would blast it right past him.
4. He needs to work on his volleys and i know that no one is going to disagree here.
5. He needs to work on a good passing shot or lob because when Ljubicic came up to the net he won many points.
6. He needs to work on his fitness maybe like what Hewitt did though instead of getting stronger, getting more endurance. He has had a bad 5 set record as of late and he seemed more tired than Ljubicic even though Ljubicic had played 3 days straight and Roddick had had a week before off.
7. He needs to use his brain as to when to volley, smack a winner, etc.
8. He may need to flatten out his forehand. Now this is a minor gripe, but it seems like he doesn't get enough winners for a good player. I think its because he has too much top spin on his forehand which makes it easier for the opponent to get to the ball.
9. Also i think he is scared mentally to hit a good second serve. I'm not saying their bad, but his second serve used to be awesome and i don't know if his arm is hurting or what but its just not as good as before.

Well thats all i can think of for now. Also note i'm not a roddick hater, i'm just pointing out stuff he needs to do to get better.

robinhood
03-08-2005, 04:46 AM
Andy's game is too one-dimensional, and it doesn't work any more. Curious to see how he'll perform at IW and Miami. He has a load of points to defend there while Hewitt and Marat don't really. It'll be interesting.

liptea
03-08-2005, 05:02 AM
I think we should all feel sorry for the former US Open Champion world number 3 player. He just lost a match to a Croatian playing awesome tennis. Never mind that Andy actually won two sets more than Andre.

btw, the tournaments coming up are perfectly suited to Andy's game. He'll learn from the these matches, and it's the experience that will make him stronger mentally. Don't give up on the Top 5 player yet!

drf716
03-08-2005, 05:09 AM
i think roddick is losing it!
omg i miss major tournaments already!
can't wait for indianwells!

Becarina
03-08-2005, 07:06 AM
and I think you are wrong :rolleyes:

henree
03-08-2005, 07:59 AM
Who ever mentioned Roddick's racket hurting his net game, is exactly right. THe Babolat rackets are for sheer power. The control on those things is atrocious. I played with the Babolat racket for one game and had to put it down. THe harder you hit with it, the more control you have. When you try to take the pace off, the ball the ball sprays. Coming to the net takes timing, control, and touch. None of which the Babolat have...

bad gambler
03-08-2005, 09:45 AM
Obviously physically. Look at what happened in Melbourne against Marat.

i agree about fed - though can you blame him? he never plays 5 setters ;)

syd
03-08-2005, 10:13 AM
I think he's not very well for the moment but he is going to come back, he needs time to recover !! because he knows he can do better that what he did this at beginnning year !

Experimentee
03-08-2005, 12:49 PM
Theres no reason to be concerned about him yet. Its not like he lost to crappy players, they were all very good top players, and Ivan is playing like a top player. He is allowed to have bad days sometimes, and I think they just outplayed him.

mickymouse
03-08-2005, 12:54 PM
Even so, he's still winning against most opponents, and he reached the semis of AO. If his state is considered so dire, then the rest who are ranked below the top 10 should probably stop playing altogether eh?

jasmine(usa)
03-08-2005, 01:03 PM
Who ever mentioned Roddick's racket hurting his net game, is exactly right. THe Babolat rackets are for sheer power. The control on those things is atrocious. I played with the Babolat racket for one game and had to put it down. THe harder you hit with it, the more control you have. When you try to take the pace off, the ball the ball sprays. Coming to the net takes timing, control, and touch. None of which the Babolat have...Doesn't Ljubicic use the same racket? If they use the same one it didn't seem to be affecting the Croat's game. I think Ljubicic is just playing the tennis of his life right now.

blosson
03-08-2005, 01:09 PM
Just because Andy is not doing as well as expected it doesn't mean he's loosing his mind. He's still going deep into every tournament. He's just not winning big tournaments as Roger's being very greedy. Other top players are in the same situation.

blosson
03-08-2005, 01:10 PM
i think they do use the same racket. not sure if exactly the same model but both Andy and Ivan are sponsored by Babolat.

missroddickfan
03-08-2005, 01:15 PM
another thread to say that andy's bad? only coz he lost 1 match?

Dirk
03-08-2005, 01:17 PM
Andy shouldn't have lost that 5th set. Ivan was practically the walking dead yet Andy somehow blew it mentally. Federer's loss wasn't bad. He lost 7-9 in the 5th to Marat and given all the physical issues he went through (foot blisters and nerve pain in the hand) I think that score surpasses any expectation any of us had for him.

undomiele
03-08-2005, 01:35 PM
I think that score surpasses any expectation any of us had for him.

Oh really?? I remember quite a different story. It seems most of us had the expectation that he would win the whole thing. With some even talking about a calendar year Grand Slam. Glad to know you didn´t maintain those kind of expectations from RF Dirk. I wouldn´t want to tag you as one of those people. ;) :p

Angle Queen
03-08-2005, 01:51 PM
This is my first post here, but here goesNice post. Knowledgable...and specific.

I agree with these in particular.

Roddick needs to take something off of his serve to get it in more and place it better. Roddick is used to getting free points off of his serve, but he isn't getting them as much anymore and i think that is a reason.I think this is the BIGGEST mistake big servers make. I liken it to a fastball pitcher in baseball. Eventually, the batters catch up to the speed (by the third or fourth time through the batting order). That's why a pitcher who can move the ball around with accuracy (a la Greg Maddux) will have both a long...and successful career.

Needs to work on his approach shot, many times he would slice it straight to Ljubicic and Ljubicic would blast it right past him.Again, I believe the key to a good volley (and successful trip to the net)...is without doubt...a good approach. It is a set-up shot...not (necessarily) a put away.

He needs to work on a good passing shot or lob because when Ljubicic came up to the net he won many points.Severely underrated...but highly necessary shots in a pro's arsenal. Got to have one or the other...down. Both...is better.

He needs to work on his fitness maybe like what Hewitt did though instead of getting stronger, getting more endurance. He has had a bad 5 set record as of late and he seemed more tired than Ljubicic even though Ljubicic had played 3 days straight and Roddick had had a week before off.Hewitt...is a fitness fanatic...so perhaps it's an unfair comparison. But it sure does show in his long match results. And many a pro has kept themselves competetive and at the top of their ranks by working as hard off the field/court of play...as on.

I'd note that Hewitt, too, had the air of invicibility back in '01...and the others caught him (just like they've caught Andy's serve). Andy has some wonderful natural abilities. If he can just harness them...enhance them...he'll be back winning big matches again.

adeegee
03-08-2005, 04:33 PM
Doesn't Ljubicic use the same racket? If they use the same one it didn't seem to be affecting the Croat's game. I think Ljubicic is just playing the tennis of his life right now.

He is using the same racket. But he doesn't come to the net a lot either. I was saying Roddick should change his racket if he's going to start coming to the net more, which he appears to be doing. I've used the same racket, its great for power but terrible to get the feel on the volleys.

Sanneriet
03-08-2005, 05:22 PM
He is using the same racket. But he doesn't come to the net a lot either. I was saying Roddick should change his racket if he's going to start coming to the net more, which he appears to be doing. I've used the same racket, its great for power but terrible to get the feel on the volleys.

Cliff Drysdale said something about them using the same racket, but that Ivan uses gut instead of synthetic strings. He wasn't sure what Roddick uses (he thinks some combination of the two) and that gut gives a lot more feel. I use the cheap strings myself (not that I really have to worry too much about the nuances of strings! :cool: )

jasmine(usa)
03-08-2005, 06:08 PM
He is using the same racket. But he doesn't come to the net a lot either. I was saying Roddick should change his racket if he's going to start coming to the net more, which he appears to be doing. I've used the same racket, its great for power but terrible to get the feel on the volleys.Yeah, he's definitely coming to the net a whole lot more lately. I wonder why he doesn't change the strings or go back to not coming to the net as often. It's like after Wimbeldon he decided in order to beat Federer he needed to add it to his game, which is fine, but he's not doing it at the right moments and maybe a little too much in some matches.

Brinyi
03-08-2005, 06:29 PM
Were I a Roddick fan, I would be more concerned about his mind than his technique. In the last six months he has been losing important matches from the neck up (Johansson at USO, Hewitt at the Masters and AO, Ljubicic in DC). I didn't see the DC final matches in Spain, but but I think that was just case of him blowing on clay, which is another matter.

Leena
03-08-2005, 07:01 PM
I think we should all feel sorry for the former US Open Champion world number 3 player. He just lost a match to a Croatian playing awesome tennis. Never mind that Andy actually won two sets more than Andre.

btw, the tournaments coming up are perfectly suited to Andy's game. He'll learn from the these matches, and it's the experience that will make him stronger mentally. Don't give up on the Top 5 player yet!
Exactly.

Monte Carlo, Hamburg, Rome, Barcelona, St. Polten, Roland Garros...

Andrew can win them all.

I even made thread on it.

So, he will.

And everyone here will cry.

And bow down and kiss my feet.

robinhood
03-08-2005, 07:14 PM
Exactly.

Monte Carlo, Hamburg, Rome, Barcelona, St. Polten, Roland Garros...

Andrew can win them all.

I even made thread on it.

So, he will.

And everyone here will cry.

And bow down and kiss my feet.

Highly questionable....

mitalidas
03-08-2005, 07:43 PM
I have a feeling that roddick is going to lose Round 1 of Pacific Life, Miami and whatever comes after
thereafter, there is going to be grovelling and begging for wildcards by the end of the year :)

Leena
03-08-2005, 07:47 PM
I have a feeling that roddick is going to lose Round 1 of Pacific Life, Miami and whatever comes after
thereafter, there is going to be grovelling and begging for wildcards by the end of the year :)
That will be Rogerer.

After Andrew and Ivan finally beat him once, and Rogerer loses all hope.

adeegee
03-08-2005, 08:52 PM
In my humble opinion, Andy often comes to the net on the wrong balls. He'd be better off coming in after he's blasted a forehand and he's going to get a looped reply and he could finish it off with an easy volley. I often find he's coming in on his slice backhand approaches (which aren't particularly effective).

Also, until he becomes semi-confident at the net, coming in a lot is effectively suicide against Hewitt and Federer especially. I remember at the Masters Cup, Hewitt was absolutely loving it. He's gotta do it at the right times....

All this talk of never winning a Grand Slam again is way off the mark though, he'll win at least 2 more he'll be a major threat at every GS except the French, and maybe with time he'll even get ok on clay.

mitalidas
03-08-2005, 08:54 PM
That will be Rogerer.

After Andrew and Ivan finally beat him once, and Rogerer loses all hope.

Roger could retire today and still look back proud
andy would retire today and .... then be asking "would you like fries with that"
:) :angel:

Cervantes
03-08-2005, 09:05 PM
I do feel Andy's losing it a bit a the moment, he hasn't won a big match in almost a year now and I think it's getting to him. Hewitt at Queens and Safin in Bangkok maybe, but those aren't major tournaments. He did beat Safin in Houston, but he would have gone through anyway. So I think he's low on confidence playing the top players and he's not as strong mentally as he was a year ago.

blosson
03-08-2005, 10:16 PM
We will find out if he needs to check into a mental institution or not in just over a week. Let's see. All his beloved top players will be there.

sigmagirl91
03-08-2005, 10:49 PM

That's quite a stretch, but hey, stranger things have happened.

Skyward
03-08-2005, 10:58 PM
I have no idea what he's losing, but whatever it is he can easily find with soft draws he keeps getting.

World Beater
03-08-2005, 11:47 PM
That's quite a stretch, but hey, stranger things have happened.

I think she was being about as serious as Leena was.

Nimomunz
03-09-2005, 12:47 AM
Give him and the new coach (yes, i forgot the name) time. look at the results of Safin and Peter.......time!!!!

Action Jackson
03-09-2005, 12:53 AM
How can Roddick lose in Round 1 when he has a bye? Yes, the bye is a very tough opponent and should never be underestimated and Roddick and the other players facing the Bye in the 1st round really need to be ready to go, because if they don't the bye can easily sneak up and take victory from the unprepared.

Leena
03-09-2005, 12:56 AM
How can Roddick lose in Round 1 when he has a bye? Yes, the bye is a very tough opponent and should never be underestimated and Roddick and the other players facing the Bye in the 1st round really need to be ready to go, because if they don't the bye can easily sneak up and take victory from the unprepared.
You should argue that Andrew deserves to be seeded 48th on clay.

nkhera1
03-09-2005, 01:09 AM

The bye has come pretty close to having a few upsets and if Andrew isn't ready and playing his best, i can see a major upset here.

El Legenda
03-09-2005, 01:11 AM
The bye has come pretty close to having a few upsets and if Andrew isn't ready and playing his best, i can see a major upset here.

Whats Bye ranked these days...I stoped following him after that bad inj. in 2003.

Action Jackson
03-09-2005, 01:13 AM

Yes, bye is a very tough opponent and really could cause huge problems with if Andrew is not ready for the challenge.

erik-the-red
03-09-2005, 01:39 AM
I think the bye joke is hilarious.

nkhera1
03-09-2005, 01:43 AM
Whats Bye ranked these days...I stoped following him after that bad inj. in 2003.

I'm not quite sure anymore, but I think the bye has a kind of low ranking. He had lots of hype when he first started though, as you know he has had a tough time qualifying for the Grand Slams and he loses in the first round of most touraments, but he has great potential and i think he is due for a win pretty soon. Who knows it could even be against Roddick. I think that could be enough to catupult his career and maybe break into the top 50.

sigmagirl91
03-09-2005, 01:44 AM
Advantage: BYE...

Action Jackson
03-09-2005, 01:49 AM
Yes, the bye has had some very heartbreaking losses in recent times. It's confidence was at an all-time low, but I have heard from good sources the bye has been training very hard and the breakthrough win will be coming very soon.

vogus
03-09-2005, 04:26 AM
I'm not quite sure anymore, but I think the bye has a kind of low ranking. He had lots of hype when he first started though, as you know he has had a tough time qualifying for the Grand Slams

:haha:

El Legenda
03-09-2005, 05:18 AM
How tall is Bye..6'11?

Action Jackson
03-09-2005, 05:21 AM
I always wondered who'd win a match between Bye vs Bye.

El Legenda
03-09-2005, 05:23 AM
I always wondered who'd win a match between Bye vs Bye.

It would have to be coin flip. but i think Bye would beat bye.

Action Jackson
03-09-2005, 05:36 AM
I hope there is betting on a match between Bye vs Bye.

El Legenda
03-09-2005, 05:38 AM
I hope there is betting on a match between Bye vs Bye.

Probly not..it would be so hard for people to decide...I know for me it would...

Odds of Bye vs Federer Final? at IW

Action Jackson
03-09-2005, 05:55 AM
I think the Bye could take a set from Federer.

El Legenda
03-09-2005, 05:57 AM
I think the Bye could take a set from Federer.

well just between me and you. :secret: ...I talked to Bye..few weeks ago..he said...he would love to play Roger..he said he can take him in 2 easy....

Puschkin
03-09-2005, 06:12 AM
Yes, the bye has had some very heartbreaking losses in recent times. It's confidence was at an all-time low, but I have heard from good sources the bye has been training very hard and the breakthrough win will be coming very soon.

:haha:

Action Jackson
03-09-2005, 06:14 AM
well just between me and you. :secret: ...I talked to Bye..few weeks ago..he said...he would love to play Roger..he said he can take him in 2 easy....

Cool, send me SMS updates about the bye as I can see something big coming from it very soon.

Puschkin
03-09-2005, 06:17 AM
Cool, send me SMS updates about the bye as I can see something big coming from it very soon.

In spite of all these encouraging news on bye, be careful with your money ;)
Bye might withdraw out of a sudden.

Deivid23
03-09-2005, 06:50 AM
Bye´s praying to play against López some day...

Action Jackson
03-09-2005, 08:13 AM
Bye´s praying to play against López some day...

Let me know the odds when the Bye has to play Lopez, they could be good.

Saumon
03-09-2005, 09:36 AM
http://www.atptennis.com/en/players/playerprofiles/default2.asp?playernumber=000

http://www.atptennis.com/en/players/playerprofiles/default2.asp?playernumber=0000

:crazy:

sigmagirl91
03-09-2005, 12:38 PM
How tall is Bye..6'11?

Bye is actually shorter than the Rochus brothers. :o

Yoda
03-09-2005, 01:41 PM
Bye's got no chance in hell....he always seems to draw one of the top 32 seeds in the first round (could be a fix or conspiracy).
Only way he'll go through is if his opponent retires with an injury....sorry to be harsh to you all Bye fans

sigmagirl91
03-09-2005, 02:03 PM
Bye has the luck of the draw this year. Maybe Bye can get through and win the whole tournament. How great would that be?

Leena
03-09-2005, 03:12 PM
BYE did get through to the SF's of Forest Hills 2004.

So, he has his day, eventually.

adeegee
03-09-2005, 03:45 PM
oh god how many more pages can we drag the joke on for? what does bye do when he wins a match...does he wave to his opponent and say "bye"

sigmagirl91
03-09-2005, 03:47 PM
oh god how many more pages can we drag the joke on for? what does bye do when he wins a match...does he wave to his opponent and say "bye"

Yes.

El Legenda
03-09-2005, 06:06 PM

Its not a joke..ask GWH..me and him have been big fans of Bye since the start of 2001 season...one hell of a player...only 18.

adeegee
03-09-2005, 06:08 PM
Its not a joke..ask GWH..me and him have been big fans of Bye since the start of 2001 season...one hell of a player...only 18.

so Bye came onto the tour when he was 14? thats amazing! I'm gonna start following this wonderkid

El Legenda
03-09-2005, 06:38 PM
so Bye came onto the tour when he was 14? thats amazing! I'm gonna start following this wonderkid

Well he only played few events back in 2001..then he had a big inj. in summer of 2002...and till not has been out...but we see big thinks in Bye's future.

sigmagirl91
03-09-2005, 06:41 PM
Bye has a hell of a record, wouldn't you say?

Fumus
03-09-2005, 07:59 PM
Does anyone know Bye's sexual preference...I hear he's bi...lol

El Legenda
03-09-2005, 08:59 PM

nah..from what i heard..Bye loves the ladies(expect Leena).....he record is 78-65

nkhera1
03-09-2005, 11:13 PM

Well we don't know for sure because the bye has never won in the first round and never qualified for a grand slam. He is always lucky to receiver a Wild Card entry but that always puts him against a top player. :sad:

Action Jackson
03-09-2005, 11:16 PM
Yes, the Bye has a lot of potential. It's not for nothing RubberDucky and myself have been going back to distant places to check the potential of the Bye.

It has now reached the main draw and this where dreams are made of.

El Legenda
03-09-2005, 11:24 PM
Yes, the Bye has a lot of potential. It's not for nothing RubberDucky and myself have been going back to distant places to check the potential of the Bye.

It has now reached the main draw and this where dreams are made of.

Alot of sleepless nights have gone by following Bye.

Devotee
03-10-2005, 04:17 AM

:haha: love the humor in these last posts! This is only an indication though of fans needing to entertain themselves until Indian Wells television.

Action Jackson
03-10-2005, 04:20 AM
A lot of sleepless nights have gone by following Bye.

Has there what? I mean the 10 hour train and road trips to get to the venues. We have to make sure that it has been worth it. I saw IMG execs waiting around trying to lure Bye on their books, but the handlers of the Bye were too smart for this.

El Legenda
03-10-2005, 04:25 AM
Has there what? I mean the 10 hour train and road trips to get to the venues. We have to make sure that it has been worth it. I saw IMG execs waiting around trying to lure Bye on their books, but the handlers of the Bye were too smart for this.

Bye does have good ground of people around him....hey maybe me and you can try to get a job as part of "THE BYE CREW" after all we have been following for a long time.

Action Jackson
03-10-2005, 04:31 AM
Bye does have good ground of people around him....hey maybe me and you can try to get a job as part of "THE BYE CREW" after all we have been following for a long time.

For sure, it wouldn't be a bad deal. It would have to be better than presenting the flaws and the benefits of the US political system, like I have to do soon.

El Legenda
03-10-2005, 04:34 AM
For sure, it wouldn't be a bad deal. It would have to be better than presenting the flaws and the benefits of the US political system, like I have to do soon.

I know a guy on the inside..ill see what i can do for us...

and Look for the BYE profile soon. Im working on getting one here.
Before Sunday(IWONTV)

Action Jackson
03-10-2005, 04:46 AM
I know a guy on the inside..ill see what i can do for us...

and Look for the BYE profile soon. Im working on getting one here.
Before Sunday(IWONTV)

Yes, the Bye needs his profile lifted and brought to a diverse range of people, so the international tennis fans can appreciate its true talent.

El Legenda
03-10-2005, 04:47 AM
BREAKING NEWS...BYE FAN SITE IS UP not finished but here it is: http://www.freewebs.com/byethegreat/
Forum coming soon

Action Jackson
03-10-2005, 04:51 AM
BREAKING NEWS...BYE FAN SITE IS UP not finished but here it is: http://www.freewebs.com/byethegreat/
Forum coming soon

Good work, I think over the weekend we might need to update it, but the future is looking bright.

El Legenda
03-10-2005, 04:59 AM
Good work, I think over the weekend we might need to update it, but the future is looking bright.

yeah..i been hearing that someone else might take his place..Bye had a little twice in his knee today in pratice.

Smankyou
03-10-2005, 05:00 AM
Born : Byeland, Landbye
All this bye-talk is giving me the giggles.

MissMoJo
03-10-2005, 05:24 AM
A little off topic, but is Bye bi? I know he's rumored to be dating Alexandra Stevenson(i couldn't believe it when she broke off the engagement with Wild Card :eek:... she claims that they just weren't compatible, but it seems he just wasn't that into her) But Bye was recently seen checking out Rafa's ass on the practice court, any info Bye fans?

El Legenda
03-10-2005, 05:26 AM
A little off topic, but is Bye bi? I know he's rumored to be dating Alexandra Stevenson(i couldn't believe it when she broke off the engagement with Wild Card :eek:... she claims that they just weren't compatible, but it seems he just wasn't that into her) But Bye was recently seen checking out Rafa's ass on the practice court, any info Bye fans?

Bye is not in to GUYS...only the ladies...Bye may be young..but he's a ladies man..you should see him with the ball girls..

El Legenda
03-10-2005, 07:38 AM
BYE FORUM andWebsite at bottom of my sig...GOGOGOGOGo

jasmine(usa)
03-10-2005, 01:55 PM
I think Bye needs his own thread. He's pretty popular around here.:D

sigmagirl91
03-10-2005, 01:57 PM

Damn, I wish I could rep you but I've run out of reps. You get this :hug: instead.

sigmagirl91
03-10-2005, 01:57 PM
Bye and WC need their own forums. They have a lot of fans.

Action Jackson
03-10-2005, 01:59 PM
Bye, has it's own forum and we should post there as support.

Saumon
03-10-2005, 02:04 PM
I heard that Wild Card and Gael Monfils are in love :secret: They have been seen together on many tourneys...

What's Bye's 1st name btw??

sigmagirl91
03-10-2005, 02:05 PM
I heard that Wild Card and Gael Monfils are in love :secret: They have been seen together on many tourneys...

What's Bye's 1st name btw??

Bye's first name: GOOD

Action Jackson
03-10-2005, 02:06 PM
Bye is Bye first name.

Post a message of support for the Bye, the link is on Rubber Ducky's signature.

Rogiman
03-10-2005, 02:12 PM
I thought Bye's first name was "First Round" :confused:

Fumus
03-10-2005, 02:23 PM
Bye's first name is good...duh everyone knows that.

YoursTruly
03-10-2005, 10:59 PM
I think Roddick is maybe still recovering from last year and the previous year. Maybe he isn't as interested right now and not feeling the need to show guts for the moment, or maybe he's one of those who when realizing that they are set for life financially, that there's not as much need anymore. It could even be ego or feeling helpless because people can match up with him now, I don't know!

nkhera1
03-10-2005, 11:36 PM
Why are questioning bye's sexual preference just because his name is bye?

Golfnduck
03-10-2005, 11:42 PM
Bye and WC need their own forums. They have a lot of fans.
I'm a huge fan a Bye, I root for Bye every tournament.

MissMoJo
03-10-2005, 11:53 PM
Bye is not in to GUYS...only the ladies...Bye may be young..but he's a ladies man..you should see him with the ball girls..
Thanks for clarifying, it turns you're right. Bye is not bi....he's bipolar. This would explain his erratic play of late :( If he doesn't get help, he'll just continue to go up and down the rankings. Very frustrating for his fans :sad:

El Legenda
03-11-2005, 12:27 AM
I'm a huge fan a Bye, I root for Bye every tournament.

BYE does have its own website and forum..check out my sig.

Adman
03-11-2005, 10:11 AM

I am getting a little concerned about his performance on the tour but lets hope he can improve on it in the future months.