The 30-Love Club #2 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

The 30-Love Club #2

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Angle Queen
02-02-2006, 06:24 PM
Safe travels, Mrs B. We'll miss you. Hope you take lots of pics...and share, share, share when you return.

Sorry about the 'net thing at home, Tiff. It stinks when you've got to change providers.

sigmagirl91
02-02-2006, 06:55 PM
Safe travels, Mrs B. We'll miss you. Hope you take lots of pics...and share, share, share when you return.

Sorry about the 'net thing at home, Tiff. It stinks when you've got to change providers.

I know, but I think it's for the better.

Angle Queen
02-02-2006, 06:56 PM
I know, but I think it's for the better.Are you upgrading your service (to/from DSL?)...or just getting a better package from someone else?

Lee
02-02-2006, 09:45 PM
Tiff, get luck with your new service provider.

:hug: all clubbers

MisterQ
02-02-2006, 10:06 PM
:wavey: clubbers.

:wavey: Hi mandoura. How's life?

I went to the Metropolitan Museum of Art today, and the first place we went was the ancient Egypt area. Wow! Such incredible painting and sculpture! They have quite a display there... an ancient tomb has been transported to New York and reconstructed, with all the original painting on the walls. And there is also an entire temple that was moved from the banks of the Nile when the dam threatened to destroy it.

I have to say the god Anubis freaks me out a bit. The whole "dog-head-on-a-man's-body" thing. :scared: :silly: ;)

I really wanted to take some of the Egyptian knickknacks home with me... think they would have noticed? Some little statues and figurines would look nice on my mantel. :angel:

MisterQ
02-02-2006, 10:08 PM
Ok the story now. Just remember AQ what you have to look forward to ;)

Last night I came home and the house was completely empty. Hubs and Sam were at a teacher meeting and Nate SHOULD have been home. After phone calls to friends, neighbors and a trip to the school no Nate. Then I remembered that he said he had a Math Meet. So I called the boy he walks to and from school with and sure enough I was told that Nate hadn't walked home with him because there was a Math Meet. I go back to the school at the usual designated time and no bus, no kids, no other parents. I think OMG! I go home check the actual Math meet schedule and it says FEB 1st not JAN 31st. Call hubs and then 911 to report him missing. I felt stupid but nothing was adding up. Of course I live in a small town and everyone knows everybody. Meet up with the policeman and call hubs asking him to go back to the school. We finally find Nate on a bus coming from the Math meet. Hubs calls back and says the other parent at the school is also getting upset. He tells her it is ok the bus is on its way home. Finally 1 hour 45 minutes after the bus was due back- the phone rings and Nate says "Hi mom, it is so nice to be loved and missed". :lol: What a kid. I still feel a bit stupid but not overly. :o

The joke- I laughed with the policeman stating that already I was calling them and Nate wasn't even a teenager yet :lol:

Aw, nice kid. Sorry you had a scare, but glad it worked out! :)

There were some paintings of Mt. Katahdin and some Maine lighthouses at the museum today. :hearts:

Lee
02-02-2006, 10:15 PM

I went to the Metropolitan Museum of Art today, and the first place we went was the ancient Egypt area. Wow! Such incredible painting and sculpture! They have quite a display there... an ancient tomb has been transported to New York and reconstructed, with all the original painting on the walls. And there is also an entire temple that was moved from the banks of the Nile when the dam threatened to destroy it.

I have to say the god Anubis freaks me out a bit. The whole "dog-head-on-a-man's-body" thing. :scared: :silly: ;)

I really wanted to take some of the Egyptian knickknacks home with me... think they would have noticed? Some little statues and figurines would look nice on my mantel. :angel:

Reminds me to watch Schuettler's "no string" again. I believed that's one of the place he visited. :)

J. Corwin
02-02-2006, 11:00 PM
Ok the story now. Just remember AQ what you have to look forward to ;)

Last night I came home and the house was completely empty. Hubs and Sam were at a teacher meeting and Nate SHOULD have been home. After phone calls to friends, neighbors and a trip to the school no Nate. Then I remembered that he said he had a Math Meet. So I called the boy he walks to and from school with and sure enough I was told that Nate hadn't walked home with him because there was a Math Meet. I go back to the school at the usual designated time and no bus, no kids, no other parents. I think OMG! I go home check the actual Math meet schedule and it says FEB 1st not JAN 31st. Call hubs and then 911 to report him missing. I felt stupid but nothing was adding up. Of course I live in a small town and everyone knows everybody. Meet up with the policeman and call hubs asking him to go back to the school. We finally find Nate on a bus coming from the Math meet. Hubs calls back and says the other parent at the school is also getting upset. He tells her it is ok the bus is on its way home. Finally 1 hour 45 minutes after the bus was due back- the phone rings and Nate says "Hi mom, it is so nice to be loved and missed". :lol: What a kid. I still feel a bit stupid but not overly. :o

The joke- I laughed with the policeman stating that already I was calling them and Nate wasn't even a teenager yet :lol:

:eek: Glad Nate is safe! :hug:

I totally understand all the emotions you must have felt! Sometimes my mom likes to repeat things 20958235 times to me on the phone, telling me I should remember to do this, not do that, I eat and sleep properly..that I get impatient and tell her to stop! "Yeah I know mom!" :lol: Then she tells me to shut up and that I would understand once I have my own child :haha:, that I'd be worried and constantly thinking of him/her when they're away. :awww:;) I love my mom! :hug:

Speaking of 911...I remember this incident several years back...I think my brother accidentally hit "911" on the phone once (he was like 5 at the time :)) and all these cops came to our house. My parents opened the door and told the cops nothing was wrong, but the cops kept eyeing my dad suspiciously lol. I think they must have thought there was domestic violence going on and that my mom called 911 and my dad's presence was pressuring my mom not to say anything to them at the door. :haha: The cops kept trying to sneak peaks through the windows right after that to make sure everything really was okay. :lol: My brother got the chiding of his life about the seriousness of 911 after that. :o

:wavey: mah clubbahs! :cool:

mandoura
02-02-2006, 11:01 PM

:hug: Matt.

Yes, the old Egyptian antiques are awesome. Luxor is a real museum. I don't know about the Metropolitan but in Cairo Museum, I doubt it very much anyone will notice anything is missing ;) . A lot of things are stacked in a pile with very little security :rolleyes: . One cannot imagine the amount of stolen, gifted and "lost" little "knickknacks". :eek:

I thought Anubis would freak you out because it is the god of the dead/mummification. I used to wonder why it was so black unlike the jackal it represents until I learned it is the color of death. :scared:

This site might interest you :) :

Eternal Egypt (http://www.eternalegypt.org/EternalEgyptWebsiteWeb/HomeServlet?ee_website_action_key=action.display.s plash&ee_messages=0001.clientrequired.text&ee_messages=0001.quicktime7notavailable.text)

mandoura
02-02-2006, 11:05 PM
:wavey: mah clubbahs! :cool:

:hug: Jace. How are you? :)

MisterQ
02-02-2006, 11:10 PM
thanks for the great egypt site, mandoura! :cool:

J. Corwin
02-02-2006, 11:16 PM
:hug: Jace. How are you? :)

Hey Mandoura :hug:

I'm good, I got up about a couple hours ago, did some cleaning, took a shower, and just ate my breakfast lol (now being 3pm for me;)). But I'm feeling really rested and almost ready to go out and shoot some ball. :)

But this day kinda stinks...like, literally. I got fed up with my clogged up sink and bought this Drain Opener thing to do some massive de-clog. ;) I followed all the instructions, poured half of the bottle down the drain, and rinsed with tap water...and it's not doing anything but making some old junk regurgitate back up into the standing water and making the sink area reek! :mad: I'll probably pour the rest of the stuff later to try to get the sink normal again.....since I'd like to start washing dishes at some point? :shrug::silly::lol:

How are you hun? :hug:

J. Corwin
02-02-2006, 11:19 PM

One thing I'll give the East side over the West siiiiidddeee *ghetto hand* is the cool museums y'all have. :cool:

Our resident Adonis afraid of Anubis? :eek:

MisterQ
02-02-2006, 11:21 PM
Hey Mandoura :hug:

I'm good, I got up about a couple hours ago, did some cleaning, took a shower, and just ate my breakfast lol (now being 3pm for me;)). But I'm feeling really rested and almost ready to go out and shoot some ball. :)

But this day kinda stinks...like, literally. I got fed up with my clogged up sink and bought this Drain Opener thing to do some massive de-clog. ;) I followed all the instructions, poured half of the bottle down the drain, and rinsed with tap water...and it's not doing anything but making some old junk regurgitate back up into the standing water and making the sink area reek! :mad: I'll probably pour the rest of the stuff later to try to get the sink normal again.....since I'd like to start washing dishes at some point? :shrug::silly::lol:

How are you hun? :hug:

Sometimes you have to give that drain stuff some time... it looks like it's just making a mess, but then suddenly everything gives way, and voila! clear drain! :yippee:

nermo
02-03-2006, 10:48 AM
Jace :wavey: how's the sink today??

sigmagirl91
02-03-2006, 11:39 AM
Are you upgrading your service (to/from DSL?)...or just getting a better package from someone else?

Better package. I've always had DSL; I'm switching to cable modem. And I'm surprised that the internet access continues.

Angle Queen
02-03-2006, 01:00 PM
:wavey: all...especially the gentlemen in the howse :rocker2:

Egypt...is so :cool:

And definitely in my thoughts today. :hug: Hope they find all the people from that ferry accident.

Jace...welcome to our world of 'homeownership' (where there's always something going bad or needing to be fixed)? BTW, don't you have a landlord who could take care of that drain for you? Now the mold, that was probably you...but the drain...I think that's part of what you're paying rent for.

cobalt60
02-03-2006, 01:11 PM
Morning Clubbers :wavey: Hope everyone is well.

Angle Queen
02-03-2006, 01:12 PM
Mornin' Doc Sue...I've gotta scat. Actually have some work to do today.

mandoura
02-03-2006, 02:03 PM
:wavey: Matt. I am glad you liked the site. How is your music coming. Anything new?

Jace :hug:. Hope the sink is OK now. Of all household nuisances, anything related to the kitchen and bathroom really gets to me and, I think, is the worst. But as AQ suggested, maybe the landlord should help. And as Matt said, draining stuff take time to work. Give it another try. Hope you'll be doing the dishes soon. :D I am fine, hanks for asking, except for a very nasty cold that I don't have time for. Ask Lee, she knows what I am talking about. :lol:

:hug: Sue. How are the kids after your 911 episode? Appreciating being loved and missed or did the jokes start? ;)

:wavey: Tiff. Does your new internet connection mean you'll be more online and will go for 40k posts before spring? :)

:wavey: Marlo. Yeah, pretty devastating that ship sinking.

:hug: nermo.

:bigwave: clubbers.

cobalt60
02-03-2006, 02:13 PM
Morning Mando :wavey: The kids are fine but as I said it is a small town and word gets around;) :lol: That site is great btw( the one you posted for Matt) We are getting ready for our Vegas vacation- we are meeting up with 2 other friends; one who will be at the tennis with Nate and me. Although he is working so to speak there. We are all going to see the Blue Man Group that Sunday night. I think I am more excited to see my friends over the tennis!

MariaV
02-03-2006, 02:33 PM
Mando, sorry about that ship sinking. We had it in the news too. :hug:
Jace, it's so great to hear you love your mom! :hug: :hug: And yeah, you know the stuff we have for the sinks it says to pour it and then let it stay for some time (like 6-8 hours or smth) and only then wash again so it can kinda 'work' on the clogging or how to say it (sorry for my English). :shrug: Maybe they are different liquids of course.
Have a good weekend everyone! :wavey:

Betty
02-03-2006, 02:34 PM
Mando, Sue, AG,Tiff....clubbers :bigwave: :kiss:

Eve gooooooooood trip :hug:enjoy!!!

Betty
02-03-2006, 02:36 PM
Maria have a good week end u too :hug:

mandoura
02-03-2006, 02:37 PM
:lol: Sue. I know what you mean. I live in a not so small town and word still goes around. :D

I hope you have tons of fun. It would be a well deserved change. :hug:

mandoura
02-03-2006, 02:37 PM
Sue, will the trip be before or after your swim :scratch: ?

And I am glad you too liked the site. :)

mandoura
02-03-2006, 02:39 PM
Betty :bounce: :hug:

Comme stai (right ?) Bella?

Betty
02-03-2006, 02:44 PM
sto bene thanks and U? :hug:

finaly i'm at home early...work finish :banana:

mandoura
02-03-2006, 02:48 PM
:hug: Maria. Sorry I did not see your post earlier. Thanks for your wishes sweetie. Yeah, it is pretty sad, specially that most of the victims are Egyptian workers returning home from their work at Saudi Arabia. The ship's destination was Safaga, a few kms south of Hurghada where it sank. Remember, that's the city I was vacationing in. :sad:

MariaV
02-03-2006, 02:56 PM
:hug: Yeah, sure, I remember Hurghada. Btw, one Estonian tourist agency was organizing trips to Hurghada now too.

sigmagirl91
02-03-2006, 03:40 PM
:wavey: Tiff. Does your new internet connection mean you'll be more online and will go for 40k posts before spring? :)

Yep! More online me, more blogging...all of it.

lizzieh
02-03-2006, 03:47 PM
:wavey: Hey everyone!!

Hope you're having a good day. Will check back later, got to make some dinner.

Lee
02-03-2006, 08:24 PM
:wavey:

mando, sorry about the accident. My prayers for all those victims and their families. :hug:

MisterQ
02-04-2006, 03:04 AM
I finally saw Brokeback Mountain. wow... it's remarkable. devastating. :sobbing:

And then I get back and find out that Agassi lost. How much despair can one take? :lol: ;)

lizzieh
02-04-2006, 11:11 AM
I finally saw Brokeback Mountain. wow... it's remarkable. devastating. :sobbing:

And then I get back and find out that Agassi lost. How much despair can one take? :lol: ;)
I want to see it, but don't think it's coming out in SA... at least I havent seen it in any of the listings... will keep checking though. :(

My day will comprise of going shopping in a min and then watching rugby this afternoon. My England are playing Wales, which is like America playing Canada at something I guess!!

Oh and go Martina! :worship:

sigmagirl91
02-04-2006, 08:45 PM
:hug: Maria. Sorry I did not see your post earlier. Thanks for your wishes sweetie. Yeah, it is pretty sad, specially that most of the victims are Egyptian workers returning home from their work at Saudi Arabia. The ship's destination was Safaga, a few kms south of Hurghada where it sank. Remember, that's the city I was vacationing in. :sad:

:sad:

cobalt60
02-04-2006, 09:04 PM
Sue, will the trip be before or after your swim :scratch: ?

And I am glad you too liked the site. :)
My time trial is next weekend :) But I can't break the 35 minute mile and I am a bit under the weather this weekend so... We leave Feb 23 for Vegas and return home Feb 28th. The actual ocean swim is this July but unless I pass the time trial I won't be swimming the race:(
Planning to go to Brokeback Mountain next week- office staff night out for dinner and a movie. About 7 of us are going. I am looking forward to seeing it but wish it wasn't so sad.

Lee
02-04-2006, 11:27 PM
Hope you'll get better soon, Sue! :hug: And good luck with breaking the 35 minute mile. I'm not that confident in black belt test myself.

Lee
02-04-2006, 11:28 PM
My England are playing Wales, which is like America playing Canada at something I guess!!

depends on what kind of sport you're talking ;)

Oh and go Martina! :worship:

Go Martina too!

May be AQ will change the thread title to support Martina too!

MisterQ
02-05-2006, 05:18 AM
Martina :bigcry:

Still a good tournament for her though. :)

J. Corwin
02-05-2006, 10:54 AM
Awww...too bad for Martina. :p

:wavey: Everyone! Thanks for the sink concern :lol: It's all good now...I did some major plumber work with a plunger (minus the plumber's crack;)) and it's clean usable now. :) Onward to dishes in the afternoon!

alfonsojose
02-05-2006, 08:55 PM
Martina :hug: nice week anyway :yeah:

Angle Queen
02-06-2006, 01:00 PM
May be AQ will change the thread title to support Martina too! Oops...sorry, I was a bit AWOL this weekend and didn't get the chance. But I was super glad to see her take out shriek-it-ova.

Hope everyone had a great weekend...I'll be busy today so won't be around much.

Cheers everyone!

alfonsojose
02-06-2006, 02:07 PM
SFarapova :tape:

Aphex
02-06-2006, 07:47 PM
...My England are playing Wales, which is like America playing Canada at something I guess!... :worship:

It's like Sweden vs. Canada in the Olympic ice-hockey tournament which starts soon. :mad:

Lee
02-06-2006, 10:45 PM
It's like Sweden vs. Canada in the Olympic ice-hockey tournament which starts soon. :mad:

:hug:

Aphex
02-07-2006, 12:06 AM
:timebomb:

Lee
02-07-2006, 12:07 AM
:timebomb:

You know even the B-team from Canada will win vs Sweden :devil:

Aphex
02-07-2006, 12:14 AM

You know even the B-team from Canada will win vs Sweden :devil:

:o As long as you have those goons, the Niedermayer bros, to murder our star players, I guess you'll be fine whatever team you put on the ice. :rolleyes: :ras:

flmmkrz
02-07-2006, 12:16 AM

You know even the B-team from Canada will win vs Sweden :devil:'

without Nazzy and forsberg no question. They could put me on to center iginla and gagne and we could beat the swedes :p

Lee
02-07-2006, 12:17 AM
:o As long as you have those goons, the Niedermayer bros, to murder our star players, I guess you'll be fine whatever team you put on the ice. :rolleyes: :ras:

I am not a fan of goons but there're enough talent players in the B-team. Actually, on international level with the bigger ice surface, goons are not the useful, IMO.

Anyway, sorry about Naslund. :hug:

Lee
02-07-2006, 12:19 AM
'

without Nazzy and forsberg no question. They could put me on to center iginla and gagne and we could beat the swedes :p

I don't know about Forsberg.

:p In your dreams, center between Iggy and Gagne. Actually, I never have the chance to watch Gagne.

Aphex
02-07-2006, 12:29 AM
'

:fiery: They could put me on in the checking line with a machine gun and I would finally make justice among the Canadians. Or better still I could have one of those metal "hockeysticks" with a sharpened blade from the movie Rollerball. Even my limited skating abilities would be enough then. :devil:

EDIT: :eek: that came out a little harsh, I go away now.

Aphex
02-07-2006, 12:32 AM
I am not a fan of goons but there're enough talent players in the B-team. Actually, on international level with the bigger ice surface, goons are not the useful, IMO.

Anyway, sorry about Naslund. :hug:

Canada always finds a use for goons in hockey. :o

flmmkrz
02-07-2006, 12:42 AM
Canada always finds a use for goons in hockey. :o

its still hockey not figure skating. Hitting and physical play make the game. We dont have goons in the traditional sense but hard checking players who make it tough on players who want to skate around untouched but if you wanna talk skilled players alone Canada matches up with any country easily.

alfonsojose
02-07-2006, 03:59 PM
figure skating = nice explicit bulges :drool:

alfonsojose
02-07-2006, 04:00 PM
clubbers :wavey: i've been really busy these days :shrug:

cobalt60
02-07-2006, 04:03 PM
:lol: Fonsie

MariaV
02-08-2006, 08:39 AM
clubbers :wavey: i've been really busy these days :shrug:
:wavey: I'm kinda busy too, LOL, I'm always busy. :o :shrug:
I wonder if you'll see any of the Winter Olympics in Colombia. :o
It's so bloody cold here (-17C) and I have to go shopping today. :(
Anyway, take care clubbers. :hug:

Betty
02-08-2006, 10:18 AM

agree :drool:
and i can't take the tickets coz they are very expensive :mad:
btw i 'll watch it on tv :p and i booked my Montecarlo tickets :banana:

morning club!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MariaV
02-08-2006, 10:42 AM
Hi Betty! :bigwave: Enjoy watching the Olympics on TV then. :) :hug:
Ahh, Monte Carlo, will you have vacation then?

Betty
02-08-2006, 11:10 AM
Hi Betty! :bigwave: Enjoy watching the Olympics on TV then. :) :hug:
Ahh, Monte Carlo, will you have vacation then?
Maria :kiss:
i take 4 days of holidays from 17 to 20 avril, so from 17 to 19 i'll go there :D ;) during tourney and i believe to meet also some mtf posters too :p

lizzieh
02-08-2006, 12:46 PM
:wavey: everyone!

Not been around here much lately as forum is really s----l---o-----w on my computer, so have been getting a little impatient with it of late. Nothing else runs slow, just this site... grrr.

Anyway, hope you are all well :)

alfonsojose
02-08-2006, 12:54 PM
:wavey: I'm kinda busy too, LOL, I'm always busy. :o :shrug:
I wonder if you'll see any of the Winter Olympics in Colombia. :o
It's so bloody cold here (-17C) and I have to go shopping today. :(
Anyway, take care clubbers. :hug:
MariaV :hug:
Hopefully ESPN will show something :shrug:

Angle Queen
02-08-2006, 05:47 PM
I am again AWOL...since the project I was working on MOST of last year...suddenly now has a completely new set of business rules...and all the processing logic needs to be rewritten...IN ONE WEEK! Who do they think I am? I should just leave 'em in a lurch. I've been trying to tell them for months we need to bring a second programmer up to speed for coverage and such. A second set of hands would come in real handy right about now.

Hope ya'll are well...and that you're looking forward to the Olympics. I'm not much for the Opening Ceremonies...just bring on the events, baby!

Lee
02-08-2006, 05:51 PM
:hug: AQ

Angle Queen
02-08-2006, 05:59 PM
Lee,

A Thousand Pardons for failing to thank you for the lovely New Year's card! What a beautiful family you have.

Thanks again! (psst...I still have it out on my counter at home...hoping for all the good karma it can bring me!)

Lee
02-08-2006, 06:05 PM
Thanks again! (psst...I still have it out on my counter at home...hoping for all the good karma it can bring me!)

It will ;)

Angle Queen
02-08-2006, 07:06 PM
Just on FoxNews...where Richmond is the #2 in the country for asthma (Scranton PA was #1). And they had to do a study to figure that one out? Jeez...anyone who's ever lived here could tell you it's downright tough to breathe from April to October. Our pollen counts are off the scale.

MisterQ
02-10-2006, 04:29 PM
Just on FoxNews...where Richmond is the #2 in the country for asthma (Scranton PA was #1). And they had to do a study to figure that one out? Jeez...anyone who's ever lived here could tell you it's downright tough to breathe from April to October. Our pollen counts are off the scale.

Interesting.

My asthma actually improved when I moved from the country to the city. Less pollen?

Has anyone else here run into the problem of accumulating too many friends/acquaintances over the years? (Not saying I'm popular, just old :lol: ) I have some guilt over not being in touch with quite a few people, but it would be so much work!

Maybe annual Christmas Cards are the answer. :lol:

How's everyone doing? :hug:

Angle Queen
02-10-2006, 08:13 PM
Interesting.

My asthma actually improved when I moved from the country to the city. Less pollen?Probably...but Richmond...while it has ~750K+ in the metro-area and is a "city", we still have LOTS and LOTS of trees which kick out sooooo much pollen. We even joke that mid-April to mid-May is the Green Season. That means that no matter what color your car is, it'll be covered by so much pollen that it'll look green. You should see it in the gutters after a rainstorm. Unbelievable.

And we really don't have an prevailing winds to carry pollen or pollution away; the mountains block most everything substantial from the West and we're just a tad bit too far inland for the ocean breezes to clean/clear things up.

Has anyone else here run into the problem of accumulating too many friends/acquaintances over the years? (Not saying I'm popular, just old :lol: ) I have some guilt over not being in touch with quite a few people, but it would be so much work!YES! I've had to just let some of them go. I rarely keep up with anyone from high school or college anymore (we haven't even had the first Reunion :rolleyes: ) and, at best, just one or two former co-workers from each of my previous jobs. And being married complicates things even more since you've got your spouses friends to fraternize with too. Deciding on who to invite for a dinner party can be a trying experience sometimes.

Maybe annual Christmas Cards are the answer. :lol:I hate those things. :mad:

How's everyone doing? :hug:Pretty good today. Busy (at work) but the home life is settling in. The nausea is more gone than here and I'm starting to feel myself again (except a lot fatter :lol: ). Plus, the prospect of getting back out on the courts is energizing me. Nicer weather is just around the corner.

cobalt60
02-10-2006, 08:39 PM
I do the Xmas thing. This year was the easiest as we took the cowards way out. Had a pic of the boys and sent it to snapfish for a premade holiday card. Wrote a limited amount on the back and then opened up my computer directory and voila!

Lee
02-10-2006, 08:53 PM
Has anyone else here run into the problem of accumulating too many friends/acquaintances over the years? (Not saying I'm popular, just old :lol: ) I have some guilt over not being in touch with quite a few people, but it would be so much work!

*sigh* I basically lost contact with all my friends from Hong Kong. Even the one since my 1st grade :sad: I tried many times but she didn't return my e-mails and/or snail-mails. And the last contact was actually an e-mail from her husband :shrug:

Angle Queen
02-10-2006, 08:56 PM
Had a pic of the boys and sent it to snapfish for a premade holiday card.I LOVED that card! And it's diligently filed in my 2006 file folder of all my friends children. We've probably got a dozen magnetic frames on the fridge...full of our 'kids'. I like to rotate in the new ones as I get them and file the old ones. If that 'child' is coming to dinner with their parents, sometimes I like to pull out their old ones and see if they recognize themselves.

cobalt60
02-10-2006, 09:03 PM
I LOVED that card! And it's diligently filed in my 2006 file folder of all my friends children. We've probably got a dozen magnetic frames on the fridge...full of our 'kids'. I like to rotate in the new ones as I get them and file the old ones. If that 'child' is coming to dinner with their parents, sometimes I like to pull out their old ones and see if they recognize themselves.
That's cuz they are so handsome. I just kvell everytime I look at them :hearts: Just you wait and see ;)
So when are we coming for dinner?
And Q- when are you just plain coming? :lol:

Lee
02-10-2006, 09:09 PM
Hi Sue and AQ! :wavey:

AQ, reading your ultra sound report is soooooo exciting :lol: :hug:

nermo
02-10-2006, 09:10 PM
:wavey: all club members

Sue, Thanxxx :hug: a "greeting back" is coming from Egypt to Maine, ;)

just have to spread some good reps. etc.,..etc.,...etc.,...:D

Btw, i like ur new avatar. it's so much funny...but it's just that we still need u as our "insanity-free" Doc. ;) so hope everything is going Ok. :D

Angle Queen
02-10-2006, 09:33 PM
So when are we coming for dinner?Whenever you're headed south on I-95. ;)

And Q- when are you just plain coming? :lol::eek: Sue!?!? :tape: I'm shocked!

but go for it, Q!

Angle Queen
02-10-2006, 09:34 PM
AQ, reading your ultra sound report is soooooo exciting :lol: :hug:Thanks!!! :D I'm trying not to bore my friends toooo much with this stuff. Most of them are in the been-there-done-that mode. :o

Lee
02-10-2006, 09:44 PM
Thanks!!! :D I'm trying not to bore my friends toooo much with this stuff. Most of them are in the been-there-done-that mode. :o

Been there! Done that! But it's still very exciting! :bounce:

MariaV
02-10-2006, 10:09 PM
Where's AQ's ultrasound report? :o

Quick report for Alfonso - went to see Jarhead today. A good movie indeed. :yeah: With some great humour. :lol: Based on a book written by a marine who really participated in the Gulf War as I learned. The one thing I hadn't imagined was that when the oil wells burned the oil was 'raining' even so far from the actual fire. I thought it was only the black smoke. :o The scene with the horse covered in oil was :sad: What are we doing to the nature. :rolleyes:
And Jake Gyllenhaal is growing on me. A new star. :yeah:

Enjoy watching the Olympics everyone! :wavey:

Lee
02-10-2006, 10:29 PM

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=3052240&postcount=32072

MariaV
02-10-2006, 10:30 PM
Thanks Lee. :D :hug:

Lee
02-10-2006, 10:31 PM
One more, Maria

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=3052330&postcount=32074

and you're welcome. :hug:

cobalt60
02-10-2006, 11:33 PM
Whenever you're headed south on I-95. ;)

:eek: Sue!?!? :tape: I'm shocked!

but go for it, Q!
Shhhh. Q knows what I mean. It has to do with a couple of postings I did on the Andy forum in the firing of goldfine thread ;)

And Nermo I am not "insane" not yet anyway. Here's another Sue story- many folks here know how much I adore the folks I work with; we have a great time together. Anyway a few of them are a little mad at the other doc and this morning I was the lone ranger in the office. I came in and on my computer monitor was a pic of Lucy from peanuts where she is behind her desk( whatever it is called) with the saying "the doctor is in 5 cents". Well someone had written in the organized doctor is in. That sent me looking for images on the internet and when I found that one of snoopy I just had to use it :lol: With all the stuff going on in my life right now I am just everywhere. Tonight I decided NOT to join the boys for dinner at a friends house so I could catch up on some paperwork etc. But I had to check the Davis Cup scores to see that ARod lost. Unbelievable. Poor guy.
So off I go :wavey:

J. Corwin
02-11-2006, 07:48 PM

How's everyone doing? :hug:

I lost pretty much all of my friends from early grade school and junior high...that was before we all knew or thought about keeping each other's phone numbers? :shrug: I especially dislike those that only talk to you when you send them something, like for their birthday, and then they don't talk to you for a year! :smash: Friends come and go like the wind, I let them go if they don't understand that friendship is a two-way street. :) I mean, what else can I do if I don't want to spread myself thin? A great thing happened a few years ago though. My friend from kindergarten :eek: found me in the Berkeley email directories and we got together after all these years! :D We're still the same. :lol: The friendship was still there and it was almost like this wonderful deja vu. :cool:

J. Corwin
02-11-2006, 07:49 PM
I don't know if anyone else here is experiencing this, or felt this when they were my age, but I feel like everybody is moving on in their life and I'm stuck behind? Most of my buddies are either in serious long-term relationships, are engaged, or are married...some even about to become daddies. :eek: And there are a few female friends that limit their connections to me because of jealous possessive husbands (like I'm going to do anything untoward:lol: ). :rolleyes:

Most of them are also out of school and have great full-time jobs lol. I'm so far from being done with school. :o I'm not trying to match them but it's just kinda weird to see how much they've changed, especially if you haven't seen them for a year or two! It's bizarre!

The great thing about all this is that I get to tease them about being whipped by their girls when they aren't allowed to do certain things...like going to bars or clubbing. ;) Or how they are tamed and react when wifey steps on their foot under the table at the slightest mention of naughty nighttime activities. :lol: I can't help but laugh!

J. Corwin
02-11-2006, 07:56 PM
*sigh* I basically lost contact with all my friends from Hong Kong. Even the one since my 1st grade :sad: I tried many times but she didn't return my e-mails and/or snail-mails. And the last contact was actually an e-mail from her husband :shrug:

:hug: Lee

I've had the same thing happen to me too, but don't read into it too much or let it affect you. Personally I'm not a big emailing person (lazy:p) so I don't always email people or even reply to all of them. Maybe she's like that too? Some people ask me why; I tell them it's me and not them. :) I still care about all of them very much. :wavey:

cobalt60
02-11-2006, 08:05 PM
Jace- :hug: Hopefully it will all come together one day. And don't hurry it along- time really does go by fast. I am nearing the half century and have no regrets looking back but at 25 who would have known? I married late and had kids late as well and wouldn't change anything now but back then it is so normal to question and wonder. :hug:

MisterQ
02-11-2006, 08:22 PM
I don't know if anyone else here is experiencing this, or felt this when they were my age, but I feel like everybody is moving on in their life and I'm stuck behind? Most of my buddies are either in serious long-term relationships, are engaged, or are married...some even about to become daddies. :eek: And there are a few female friends that limit their connections to me because of jealous possessive husbands (like I'm going to do anything untoward:lol: ). :rolleyes:

Most of them are also out of school and have great full-time jobs lol. I'm so far from being done with school. :o I'm not trying to match them but it's just kinda weird to see how much they've changed, especially if you haven't seen them for a year or two! It's bizarre!

The great thing about all this is that I get to tease them about being whipped by their girls when they aren't allowed to do certain things...like going to bars or clubbing. ;) Or how they are tamed and react when wifey steps on their foot under the table at the slightest mention of naughty nighttime activities. :lol: I can't help but laugh!

The key is not to judge your life by comparing it to what other people are doing. ;)

And even if you do decide to compare... it's quite normal for a guy in his mid-20s to have a Jace-lifestyle! ;) :hug:

MisterQ
02-11-2006, 08:27 PM
And Q- when are you just plain coming? :lol:

Let's rock that ketubah. :devil:

alfonsojose
02-11-2006, 08:36 PM

Quick report for Alfonso - went to see Jarhead today. A good movie indeed. :yeah: With some great humour. :lol: Based on a book written by a marine who really participated in the Gulf War as I learned. The one thing I hadn't imagined was that when the oil wells burned the oil was 'raining' even so far from the actual fire. I thought it was only the black smoke. :o The scene with the horse covered in oil was :sad: What are we doing to the nature. :rolleyes:
And Jake Gyllenhaal is growing on me. A new star. :yeah:

Enjoy watching the Olympics everyone! :wavey:
He's a great actor :yeah:

Clubbers :awww: I have no time to post here.

alfonsojose
02-11-2006, 08:38 PM
I'll watch "The Family Stone" today

Lee
02-11-2006, 10:17 PM
:hug: Lee

I've had the same thing happen to me too, but don't read into it too much or let it affect you. Personally I'm not a big emailing person (lazy:p) so I don't always email people or even reply to all of them. Maybe she's like that too? Some people ask me why; I tell them it's me and not them. :) I still care about all of them very much. :wavey:

Thanks Jace :hug:

I think it's more that we drifted apart. *sigh* Honestly, we have very different lives since we married.

And Jace, we all choose to different paths in life. Yours is different from your childhood friends, so :shrug: And along the path, you'll pick up someone else.

Lee
02-11-2006, 10:17 PM
Clubbers :awww: I have no time to post here.

And you're missed :kiss:

Angle Queen
02-13-2006, 01:15 PM
How come it doesn't surprise me that our lovely Doc Sue...is the organized one? :p

I don't know if anyone else here is experiencing this, or felt this when they were my age, but I feel like everybody is moving on in their life and I'm stuck behind? Most of my buddies are either in serious long-term relationships, are engaged, or are married...some even about to become daddies. :eek: And there are a few female friends that limit their connections to me because of jealous possessive husbands (like I'm going to do anything untoward:lol: ). :rolleyes:Now you're talking my life (when I was your age...and even a bit now) except I was on the 'other' side. By 25, I had graduated, had no school loans, owned my own house, responsible job. The rest of 'em were still carefree (although wildly in debt)...livin' it up every weekend, new cars, new clothes. It seemed like it only took a few years and, BAM, they were all married with kids. And me, I hadn't had a date in years and no prospect for any.

Now, things are rather muddled...as we have friends of all ages and in all stages of life...but it took us a decade to get there...so time is on your side. We worked really hard to maintain relationships with couples who had kids (even when we didn't) and I hope we can continue in that pattern. There's nothing worse than suddenly being left out when you become the only single guy/gal in a 'couples' crowd...or the only childless couple in a 'family' crowd.

Sorry some of your 'attached' female friends are having to curtail their relationship with you. Things do have to change a bit but if everyone can stay adult about it, you might find yourself with one more friend ('him') rather than one less (her). My hubby's best friend is a woman and from the start, she was the one more uncomfortable with the concept of them. But hubs made it clear, if I made him choose (I never did), I probably wouldn't like the choice. He mentioned that they'd dated in high school (years ago) and realized even at that young age, they were better suited as friends than lovers. That's all I needed to hear. Now, I fondly count her as one of my friends too!

cobalt60
02-13-2006, 04:48 PM
How come it doesn't surprise me that our lovely Doc Sue...is the organized one? :p

Now you're talking my life (when I was your age...and even a bit now) except I was on the 'other' side. By 25, I had graduated, had no school loans, owned my own house, responsible job. The rest of 'em were still carefree (although wildly in debt)...livin' it up every weekend, new cars, new clothes. It seemed like it only took a few years and, BAM, they were all married with kids. And me, I hadn't had a date in years and no prospect for any.

Now, things are rather muddled...as we have friends of all ages and in all stages of life...but it took us a decade to get there...so time is on your side. We worked really hard to maintain relationships with couples who had kids (even when we didn't) and I hope we can continue in that pattern. There's nothing worse than suddenly being left out when you become the only single guy/gal in a 'couples' crowd...or the only childless couple in a 'family' crowd.

Sorry some of your 'attached' female friends are having to curtail their relationship with you. Things do have to change a bit but if everyone can stay adult about it, you might find yourself with one more friend ('him') rather than one less (her). My hubby's best friend is a woman and from the start, she was the one more uncomfortable with the concept of them. But hubs made it clear, if I made him choose (I never did), I probably wouldn't like the choice. He mentioned that they'd dated in high school (years ago) and realized even at that young age, they were better suited as friends than lovers. That's all I needed to hear. Now, I fondly count her as one of my friends too!
I might be organized but you are so wise :D

Lee
02-13-2006, 04:56 PM
OK, I'm finally at my last straw and need some advice here.

Little Lee's weight is a problem for quite sometimes now. Hubby doesn't think it's a big issue and so do I. But his doctor insists it's an issue. The problem is: little Lee is taking medication for his AD/HD problem and one of the side effect is losing appetite even his appetite didn't exist before. The medication helps him a lot. He feels much better because he is doing great in school and everything else when the drug is working.

His height is average, that's following perfectly with the 50 percentile curve for height/age but his weight is now at the 10 percentile and declining. He grows about 3.5 cms in last 9 months but lost 2 lbs. From 62 lbs in August 2005 to 60 lbs last week. Otherwise, he is healthy.

His doctor suggests seeing nutritionists and hinting if his weight doesn't increase in the near future, he has to stop the precription. He suggests another new drug that won't affect appetite. The problems I have are, little Lee was slim before he took the Ritalin and I don't really trust newer drug and it may not work with little Lee. It took us a few years to finally have little Lee try Ritalin, as our last straw.

Right now, I am 'forcing' little Lee to eat more. Getting more carlories and fats into his diet while keeping hubby and I from them. :rolleyes: (btw I gained about 3 lbs already since the beginning of the year)

Any suggestions?

Angle Queen
02-13-2006, 05:36 PM

Little Lee's weight is a problem for quite sometimes now. Hubby doesn't think it's a big issue and so do I. But his doctor insists it's an issue. The problem is: little Lee is taking medication for his AD/HD problem and one of the side effect is losing appetite even his appetite didn't exist before. The medication helps him a lot. He feels much better because he is doing great in school and everything else when the drug is working.

His height is average, that's following perfectly with the 50 percentile curve for height/age but his weight is now at the 10 percentile and declining. He grows about 3.5 cms in last 9 months but lost 2 lbs. From 62 lbs in August 2005 to 60 lbs last week. Otherwise, he is healthy.

His doctor suggests seeing nutritionists and hinting if his weight doesn't increase in the near future, he has to stop the precription. He suggests another new drug that won't affect appetite. The problems I have are, little Lee was slim before he took the Ritalin and I don't really trust newer drug and it may not work with little Lee. It took us a few years to finally have little Lee try Ritalin, as our last straw.

Right now, I am 'forcing' little Lee to eat more. Getting more carlories and fats into his diet while keeping hubby and I from them. :rolleyes: (btw I gained about 3 lbs already since the beginning of the year)

Any suggestions?Oh boy, this is a tough one. As someone who's been underweight all my life (including now...the doc's nurse just rolled her eyes at my last weigh-in of 108lbs...saying...she's 4 mos pregnant and still doesn't top out at 110lbs/50kg)....I know that no amount of eating would change my physique. As a young child, I weighed 32lbs/14.5kg in 1st Grade and was the tallest girl in my class.

What complicates matter for little Lee is the medication he's taking. If one of the side-effects is a suppressed appetite, then I think you're right to be more careful. Otherwise, I think most young, thin children do a good job of self-regulating their caloric intake (suddenly stick-thin teenage girls, however, don't fall in that category). I don't see where a quick trip to a registered dietician or nutritionist would do any harm (in fact, I think we ALL might benefit from such a consultation). They'll probably ask you to keep a diary of the food he eats and you might be surprised at how much he's actually taking in.

:hug:s

cobalt60
02-13-2006, 05:44 PM
Agree with AQ, Lee. Good to get a nutritionist's advice. She/he may very well give you loads of hints to add in those extra calories. I had a problem with Nate as a toddler. He was diagosed as a failure to thrive kid because he did not eat. The pediatrician was up in arms and wanted to do all sorts of tests. The problem is that Nate wanted to only drink and not eat as he was so fussy. I let her take some blood tests but asked if I could do my own thing with him for 2 weeks before we embarked on any other testing. BTW she was unhelpful when it came to giving nutrition advice. Fortunately I am well read on that as many cancer patients also don't eat. Needless to say rather than fight Nate I went with the "flow". I started feeding him carnation instant breakfasts/protein drinks. In those 2 weeks he gained weight and everyone was happy. Eventually he grew out of whatever he was in and started getting interested in food. So end all- have you tried carnation stuff etc. Any type will do. And I used to add ice cream to it as well; for the calcium and the calories. Good luck.

Lee
02-13-2006, 05:56 PM
Thanks! Little Lee doesn't drink much too. I think that's one of the problem. I'm the kind that believe drinking water will help you gain weight although water itself has no calory.

One thing is, does he need more carbohydrate than protein? Right now, I am adding half and half cream to his milk :lol: to boost his calories and fats intake.

Lee
02-13-2006, 05:57 PM
Thanks for all the advices, AQ and Sue :hug:

Angle Queen
02-13-2006, 05:59 PM
I started feeding him carnation instant breakfasts/protein drinks.:yeah:

Oh yeah...big time. That's about the only thing my poor tummy could tolerate and is probably better for him, nutritionally, than the half-and-half. They come in all kinds of flavors...vanilla, chocolate and strawberry and I can't imagine a kid won't drink it.

alfonsojose
02-13-2006, 06:03 PM
"The Family Stone" report : not that bad, good acting, Luke Wilson's bulge :drool:

alfonsojose
02-13-2006, 06:07 PM
Weekend Report : My coach suddenly talking about .. "how mean is Catholic Church with gays in Colombia", sounding open and tolerant (he has always been like that, but somehow i felt he wanted to start certain conversation :scratch: ). Me just telling him "i agree" :) while thinking "where did he find it out? ":eek:

Lee
02-13-2006, 06:07 PM
OK, I will look for the carnation instant breakfast/protein drink.

Lee
02-13-2006, 06:08 PM
Weekend Report : My coach suddenly talking about .. "how mean is Catholic Church with gays in Colombia", sounding open and tolerant (he has always been like that, but somehow i felt he wanted to start certain conversation :scratch: ). Me just telling him "i agree" :) while thinking "where did he find it out? ":eek:

WHAT DID YOU DO? :eek: :eek: ;) ;)

alfonsojose
02-13-2006, 06:10 PM

Any suggestions?
:shrug: :hug: i'm on the opposite side. i have 10 additional kilos right now :tears:

alfonsojose
02-13-2006, 06:11 PM
WHAT DID YOU DO? :eek: :eek: ;) ;)
to him, nothing (hetero, maried, nice face, but way too fat) :angel:

Angle Queen
02-13-2006, 06:13 PM
to him, nothing (hetero, maried, nice face, but way too fat) :angel:Hmmm...do you think he might have been referring to other players he's coaching?

Angle Queen
02-13-2006, 06:13 PM
:scratch: And a 'fat' tennis coach? What's up with that?

Lee
02-13-2006, 06:23 PM
:shrug: :hug: i'm on the opposite side. i have 10 additional kilos right now :tears:

Same here :tears:

alfonsojose
02-13-2006, 06:25 PM
:scratch: And a 'fat' tennis coach? What's up with that?
Definitely he's not mr. Fitness but has great touch. It's a Colombian, club version of Santoro.

Angle Queen
02-13-2006, 06:28 PM
Definitely he's not mr. Fitness but has great touch. It's a Colombian, club version of Santoro.Santoro....:yeah:

It ain't all about power...

cobalt60
02-13-2006, 06:28 PM
Thanks! Little Lee doesn't drink much too. I think that's one of the problem. I'm the kind that believe drinking water will help you gain weight although water itself has no calory.

One thing is, does he need more carbohydrate than protein? Right now, I am adding half and half cream to his milk :lol: to boost his calories and fats intake.
If he isn't a big drinker either you are better off giving him milkshakes. And it isn't the fat content you want. Pretty equal carbs to protein so that is why those drinks are so good. And I would use 2% milk as that way he will get enough water as well. I would not give him water at all as it is empty calories but if you are worried about hydration issues then those sports drinks work as well. Problem is if he is finicky then you don't want to fill him up with just drinks. Again it was a no brainer for me since Nate just did not eat. Funny how he is still my problem kid :lol: BTW he did not need a cast for his arm. Yes it was broken- the distal radius but it was a fx like a squishing of a aluminum can- so he only needed a brace. Should be healed in 2 weeks just in time for swim team! Nate was psyched!

alfonsojose
02-13-2006, 06:29 PM
Hmmm...do you think he might have been referring to other players he's coaching?
Well, most of them are married, so-far-hetero guys. Some of them send unexpected signals to my gaydar, but i tend to ignore him 'coz i'm not into cheating or Brokeback affairs. But considering the persisten lack of sex lately :sad: i guess i'll have no choice :angel:

Angle Queen
02-13-2006, 06:30 PM
BTW he did not need a cast for his arm. Yes it was broken- the distal radius but it was a fx like a squishing of a aluminum can- so he only needed a brace. Should be healed in 2 weeks just in time for swim team! Nate was psyched!Nate broke his arm?!?!?! What did I miss?

alfonsojose
02-13-2006, 06:32 PM
Santoro....:yeah:

It ain't all about power...
He punished me 6-0,6-2 yesterday, making me run all over the court. I hit flat, hard but my first serve is like Hingis' 2nd :rolleyes: I broke him twice but never, never held :fiery:

Angle Queen
02-13-2006, 06:33 PM
Well, most of them are married, so-far-hetero guys. Some of them send unexpected signals to my gaydar, but i tend to ignore him 'coz i'm not into cheating or Brokeback affairs. But considering the persisten lack of sex lately :sad: i guess i'll have no choice :angel::hug:

Been there...even on the hetero side. The no-sex part I could deal with (either by :tape: taking care of business myself or just going without)...but it was the emotional closeness that comes along with good sex with a partner you care about that I missed the most.

Angle Queen
02-13-2006, 06:35 PM
He punished me 6-0,6-2 yesterday, making me run all over the court. I hit flat, hard but my first serve is like Hingis' 2nd :rolleyes: I broke him twice but never, never held :fiery:Ouuuuch. Sometimes I'd rather just be blown off the court by and overpowering players...and made to look ridiculous by a Santoro-like performance. And inevitably, it's from someone older or (appearance-wise) out-of-shape. :(

alfonsojose
02-13-2006, 06:38 PM

Been there...even on the hetero side. The no-sex part I could deal with (either by :tape: taking care of business myself or just going without)...but it was the emotional closeness that comes along with good sex with a partner you care about that I missed the most.
:lol: sometimes, i ran out of images of guys to think of to ... :o .. at night in my bedroom. It's not that i haven't chances, the point is i want what you said at last. I simply can't fuck with a guy i don't find smart or challenging enough :shrug:

cobalt60
02-13-2006, 06:40 PM
Nate broke his arm?!?!?! What did I miss?
Oh yeah. Playing ice hockey on the neighborhood pond with the gang :rolleyes: But he is a trooper and such a mensch. Although I don't want to get older, I can't wait to see the man that he will become.:)

Hey Fonsie! Hang in there. :hug:

alfonsojose
02-13-2006, 06:41 PM
Ouuuuch. Sometimes I'd rather just be blown off the court by and overpowering players...and made to look ridiculous by a Santoro-like performance. And inevitably, it's from someone older or (appearance-wise) out-of-shape. :(
Exactly :sad: against guys who hit as hard or harder than me, i'm fine. But those oldies :scared: I'm the opposite of ATP guys. Topspin is an unkown creature for me. And .. it's ok, it's ok Pierce volleys better than me :o

Lee
02-13-2006, 06:42 PM
If he isn't a big drinker either you are better off giving him milkshakes. And it isn't the fat content you want. Pretty equal carbs to protein so that is why those drinks are so good. And I would use 2% milk as that way he will get enough water as well. I would not give him water at all as it is empty calories but if you are worried about hydration issues then those sports drinks work as well. Problem is if he is finicky then you don't want to fill him up with just drinks. Again it was a no brainer for me since Nate just did not eat. Funny how he is still my problem kid :lol: BTW he did not need a cast for his arm. Yes it was broken- the distal radius but it was a fx like a squishing of a aluminum can- so he only needed a brace. Should be healed in 2 weeks just in time for swim team! Nate was psyched!

Thanks for the info.

Good news from Nate. I was worried he might like my friend. He fell off his bike and was thrown into a ditch. Doctors had to cut open his arm, screwed up the bones and sew him back. He was like having a zipper all the way from his upper arm, past his elbow and half way to his wrist. And after the bones were healed, they had to open his arm, again to unscrew :rolleyes: Hopefully this is not necessary with modern technology.

alfonsojose
02-13-2006, 06:43 PM
Oh yeah. Playing ice hockey on the neighborhood pond with the gang :rolleyes: But he is a trooper and such a mensch. Although I don't want to get older, I can't wait to see the man that he will become.:)

Hey Fonsie! Hang in there. :hug:

Lee
02-13-2006, 06:43 PM
:lol: sometimes, i ran out of images of guys to think of to ... :o .. at night in my bedroom. It's not that i haven't chances, the point is i want what you said at last. I simply can't fuck with a guy i don't find smart or challenging enough :shrug:

:hug: :hug: :hug:

Angle Queen
02-13-2006, 06:51 PM
Oh yeah. Playing ice hockey on the neighborhood pond with the gang :rolleyes: But he is a trooper and such a mensch. Although I don't want to get older, I can't wait to see the man that he will become.:)Glad he made out OK then...and didn't fall in the pond (although I imagine the ice cap is plenty thick enough up there).

As for him getting older, I can appreciate why you'd want to keep him young...but I know you'll love him 'older' too.

:wavey: everyone....my lunch hour was over long ago. Check ya'll tomorrow.

:hug:s again to Fonsie.

cobalt60
02-13-2006, 06:54 PM
Bye AQ- and the "pond" is only a feet thick. The town floods it as the outside and free ice rink in the winter.

MisterQ
02-14-2006, 01:27 AM

Did you see Brokeback yet? Wasn't it "coming out" soon there? ;)

MisterQ
02-14-2006, 01:30 AM
He punished me 6-0,6-2 yesterday, making me run all over the court. I hit flat, hard but my first serve is like Hingis' 2nd :rolleyes: I broke him twice but never, never held :fiery:

Today I came back from 1-3, 0-40 down and won the set 6-3! :cool: (this is nice, because the other day I lost my lead after being up 5-1, with plenty of game points) :rolleyes:

Maybe you need to throw in some Hingis underhand serves. :devil:

MisterQ
02-14-2006, 01:34 AM

That must be an amazing thing, the curiosity of seeing what he will be like as an adult balanced against the desire to keep time still.

Ice hockey in the winter on a Maine pond... how picturesque and rustic! :cool:

cobalt60
02-14-2006, 01:36 AM
That must be an amazing thing, the curiosity of seeing what he will be like as an adult balanced against the desire to keep time still.

Ice hockey in the winter on a Maine pond... how picturesque and rustic! :cool:
Hey Q- I must say you are waxing prophetic tonight;) I like the way you said it better.

Lee
02-14-2006, 01:48 AM
Sue, which section in a store would I find Carnation instant breakfast/protein drink? I was hurrying thru Wal-mart today and couldn't find it? :rolleyes:

cobalt60
02-14-2006, 02:05 AM
In my grocery store it is in the breakfast aisle. I doubt walmart has it unless it is a grocery supermarket one. Also may be near the poptart/nutigran food?

Lee
02-14-2006, 02:08 AM
In my grocery store it is in the breakfast aisle. I doubt walmart has it unless it is a grocery supermarket one. Also may be near the poptart/nutigran food?

Thanks!

Probably Walmart doesn't have it. The one I go is the supercenter, i.e. have everything including grocery. But there's nope in the breakfast aisle or where the portarts are. Since most children in this state is overweight, :p they don't stock this type of food. :shrug:

I will try some other specialty stores.

MisterQ
02-14-2006, 02:22 AM

Questions they don't ask in the 15-Love Club... :lol:

Angle Queen
02-14-2006, 01:12 PM
In my grocery store it is in the breakfast aisle. I doubt walmart has it unless it is a grocery supermarket one. Also may be near the poptart/nutigran food?Yep, that's where it is for me too. Near the poptarts and granola bars.

As for an alternative place to look, try with the dry/powdered milk and/or the hot chocolate.

Questions they don't ask in the 15-Love Club... :lol::haha:

That's precisely why we're here. ;)

ps...Q, have you dug out from beneath all the snow?

alfonsojose
02-14-2006, 01:25 PM

Did you see Brokeback yet? Wasn't it "coming out" soon there? ;)
The poster is already in the cinema but probably not before the Oscars. Did u see it?

alfonsojose
02-14-2006, 01:26 PM
Today I came back from 1-3, 0-40 down and won the set 6-3! :cool: (this is nice, because the other day I lost my lead after being up 5-1, with plenty of game points) :rolleyes:

Maybe you need to throw in some Hingis underhand serves. :devil:
:devil:

cobalt60
02-14-2006, 02:13 PM
I just received a rose from one of my patients for Valentine's Day. :awww: And the nicest homemade card. :o :D

alfonsojose
02-14-2006, 02:57 PM
I just received a rose from one of my patients for Valentine's Day. :awww: And the nicest homemade card. :o :D
:hug: :yeah: :D

MisterQ
02-14-2006, 05:28 PM
The poster is already in the cinema but probably not before the Oscars. Did u see it?

I did, and thought it was great. The acting is incredible. :worship: Overall, it's just heartbreaking. :bigcry:

MisterQ
02-14-2006, 05:29 PM
Yep, that's where it is for me too. Near the poptarts and granola bars.

As for an alternative place to look, try with the dry/powdered milk and/or the hot chocolate.

:haha:

That's precisely why we're here. ;)

ps...Q, have you dug out from beneath all the snow?

Lots of snow here! Lots of slush and less space on the sidewalks to fit all the people.

I have found the perfect solution to shoveling...

A) rent, don't own your apartment
B) don't own a car :drive:

MisterQ
02-16-2006, 05:21 AM
Hello Clubbers! Where are you? Are you all still recovering from Valentine's Day festivities? ;)

I am only 3 months from joining the club officially! :eek: :cool:

mandoura
02-16-2006, 05:45 AM
Hello Clubbers! Where are you? Are you all still recovering from Valentine's Day festivities? ;)

I am only 3 months from joining the club officially! :eek: :cool:

:eek: Really? :cool:

I thought you were younger, 27-28. :)

mandoura
02-16-2006, 05:45 AM
:bigwave: Thread.

Eva, I missed you. Hope you're having fun. :hug:

MisterQ
02-16-2006, 05:47 AM

:eek: Really? :cool:

I thought you were younger, 27-28. :)

Nah, I'm just immature. :lol:

J. Corwin
02-16-2006, 06:57 AM

Now you're talking my life (when I was your age...and even a bit now) except I was on the 'other' side. By 25, I had graduated, had no school loans, owned my own house, responsible job. The rest of 'em were still carefree (although wildly in debt)...livin' it up every weekend, new cars, new clothes. It seemed like it only took a few years and, BAM, they were all married with kids. And me, I hadn't had a date in years and no prospect for any.

:worship: You are like Sue Johansson, Drew Pinksy, and Dr. Phil all in one. :) Except you're way more attractive! :lol:;)

Thanks :hug: Maybe I can be as wise as you are once I'm officially a club membah. :cool:

mandoura
02-16-2006, 09:03 AM
Nah, I'm just immature. :lol:

:lol: You're wonderful. :hug:

:wavey: Jace.

sigmagirl91
02-16-2006, 11:58 AM
Hi, all. It's supposed to be in the mid-sixties today. Unusual for February, wouldn't you say?

cobalt60
02-16-2006, 12:29 PM
What did the chickens say as they crossed the road? " You better stop for us Dr. Sue and wait until we cross" Dr Sue's reply- "Get out of my way or you will become table fodder"

Actually I have lived here 15 years and I travel the same back roads in good weather all the time. Yes there are farms; yes I see loads of animals but I have never had to stop in the middle and wait at a "chicken crossing". There were about 10 chickens and they don't neccesarily have to have their heads cut off to know what they are doing! It took about 15 minutes for the whole brood to get across.

cobalt60
02-16-2006, 12:30 PM
Hi, all. It's supposed to be in the mid-sixties today. Unusual for February, wouldn't you say?
Hey Tiff-long time no talk to. Hope you are well. It has been a bit of a warm winter here as well.

MariaV
02-16-2006, 12:32 PM
Hi clubbers! Freezing wind and -7C here! :wavey:
LOL @ the chickens Dr Sue! :lol:

sigmagirl91
02-16-2006, 12:35 PM
Hey Tiff-long time no talk to. Hope you are well. It has been a bit of a warm winter here as well.

Extremely busy with classwork, of course. Lots and lots of reading.

alfonsojose
02-16-2006, 01:26 PM
I did, and thought it was great. The acting is incredible. :worship: Overall, it's just heartbreaking. :bigcry:
I can't wait .. "i wish i knew to quit u" :sad:

alfonsojose
02-16-2006, 01:33 PM
Extremely busy with classwork, of course. Lots and lots of reading.
Tiff :woohoo: :woohoo: :D

alfonsojose
02-16-2006, 01:34 PM
Hi clubbers! Freezing wind and -7C here! :wavey:
LOL @ the chickens Dr Sue! :lol:
:speakles: Last nigth my parents and i were complainin' about 21 C :tape: That's cold in Barranquilla

Angle Queen
02-16-2006, 01:39 PM
Hello Clubbers! Where are you? Are you all still recovering from Valentine's Day festivities? ;)Nah...just being productive, responsible members of society. Riiiiight....:lol:

And what's up with all this "official" crap...

I am only 3 months from joining the club officially! :eek: :cool:Maybe I can be as wise as you are once I'm officially a club membah. :cool:Since we have no membership registration, dues or hazing rites...you're in. Period. I'll say again, it was just a place for us "older" (and that's definitely a relative term) folks to have a friendly spot to chat...and trade advice that the younger set would just go :scratch: at (like where to find the Carnation Instant Breakfast in the grocery store :lol:...Lee, did you find it?).

Young people....keep you young.

Hope everyone is having a great day. Mine has already started off well (despite a very sleepless night). I've got a tennis match at 4:45pm this afternoon (like Tiff, we're expecting 72F degrees :eek: )...and I read the overnights to find out that Hewitt won...as did Johnny Mac. :cool:

Angle Queen
02-16-2006, 01:43 PM
What did the chickens say as they crossed the road? " You better stop for us Dr. Sue and wait until we cross" Dr Sue's reply- "Get out of my way or you will become table fodder"

Actually I have lived here 15 years and I travel the same back roads in good weather all the time. Yes there are farms; yes I see loads of animals but I have never had to stop in the middle and wait at a "chicken crossing". There were about 10 chickens and they don't neccesarily have to have their heads cut off to know what they are doing! It took about 15 minutes for the whole brood to get across.

:haha::haha:

Indeed....a funny story.

My very short commute to work still entails going by a pond and each spring...I'll inevitably have to wait for a little duckling family to cross. But I don't mind.

Betty
02-16-2006, 02:04 PM
Hope everyone is having a great day. Mine has already started off well (despite a very sleepless night). I've got a tennis match at 4:45pm this afternoon (like Tiff, we're expecting 72F degrees :eek: )...and I read the overnights to find out that Hewitt won...as did Johnny Mac. :cool:

u can play tennis :) cool

ciao all!!!! :wavey:

Lee
02-16-2006, 04:31 PM

And on the west coast, we just had a turn-a-round yesterday. It was in the high-seventies for sometime and now back to sixties.

The weather changes came with gusting wind, over 50mph and caused a big dust storm on I-8 and a big pile-up with 2 people dead :sad:

Lee
02-16-2006, 04:33 PM

:lol: My experience was "duck crossing" and the scary part was they were crossing the FREEWAY (highway in Canada) IN THE CITY. I was glad that all drivers were very careful that day and no pile-up.

Lee
02-16-2006, 04:37 PM
(like where to find the Carnation Instant Breakfast in the grocery store :lol:...Lee, did you find it?).

:p remember it's 20 minutes drive oneway to any grocery store from where I live. I bought some yoplait nouriche :lol: supersmoothies since I could not find the instant breakfast. I will try when I go out today ;)

Lee
02-16-2006, 04:39 PM

Hopefully mini :angel: won't be kicking during the match ;)

alfonsojose
02-16-2006, 05:25 PM
Nah...just being productive, responsible members of society. Riiiiight....:lol:

And what's up with all this "official" crap...

Since we have no membership registration, dues or hazing rites...you're in. Period. I'll say again, it was just a place for us "older" (and that's definitely a relative term) folks to have a friendly spot to chat...and trade advice that the younger set would just go :scratch: at (like where to find the Carnation Instant Breakfast in the grocery store :lol:...Lee, did you find it?).

Young people....keep you young.

Little Angle's first tennis match :yeah: :hearts:

MisterQ
02-16-2006, 05:36 PM
Little Angle's first tennis match :yeah: :hearts:

Anglette?

cobalt60
02-16-2006, 05:50 PM
BTW I like Ducks better than Chickens. Any players out there that are called that? ;) :lol:

Lee
02-16-2006, 05:52 PM
BTW I like Ducks better than Chickens. Any players out there that are called that? ;) :lol:

I don't think any ATP players will appreciate being called 'chicken'. ;)

MisterQ
02-16-2006, 05:53 PM
I don't think any ATP players will appreciate being called 'chicken'. ;)

Some of them are often called cocks though. :tape:

cobalt60
02-16-2006, 05:54 PM
Well I could actually think of one I would call that and more :lol:

sigmagirl91
02-16-2006, 05:54 PM
And on the west coast, we just had a turn-a-round yesterday. It was in the high-seventies for sometime and now back to sixties.

The weather changes came with gusting wind, over 50mph and caused a big dust storm on I-8 and a big pile-up with 2 people dead :sad:

Ouch! It doesn't look like it's sixty-something degrees. It's slightly windy out.

cobalt60
02-16-2006, 05:56 PM
Some of them are often called cocks though. :tape:
You took my punch line Q :haha: BTW there was one rooster with all the other chickens. Lucky cock!

Angle Queen
02-16-2006, 07:02 PM
Little Angle's first tennis match :yeah: :hearts:Nah. Mommy Angle has played earlier in the year (mixed, no less :yeah: ) and I have a big, sanctioned tournament the second weekend of March. Gotta get ready.

And sorry, Q, we don't (and won't) know if it's an Angle or Anglette.

Angle Queen
02-16-2006, 07:03 PM
You took my punch line Q :haha: BTW there was one rooster with all the other chickens. Lucky cock!What is this place coming to...with talk of chicken harems and everything? Where are the moderators when you need 'em?

Sorry can't stay longer...I'm buried deep in the code atm.

alfonsojose
02-17-2006, 03:05 PM
"Brokeback" has arived to Barranquilla :yeah: Rumor has it sex scenes were deleted :rolleyes: I mean, it's 21 century. I'm so :o

Betty
02-17-2006, 03:53 PM
"Brokeback" has arived to Barranquilla :yeah: Rumor has it sex scenes were deleted :rolleyes: I mean, it's 21 century. I'm so :o
so how do u will do :eek:
Anglette :hearts: i like little girl :p as my wonderful niece ;)

alfonsojose
02-17-2006, 05:51 PM
so how do u will do :eek:
Anglette :hearts: i like little girl :p as my wonderful niece ;)
Hi, Betty :wavey: It's ok. I mean, i don't mind Heath banging Jake :drool: but i want to see this movie. Gay or straight, i always try to watch all Oscar related-movies. I really love movies

Angle Queen
02-17-2006, 06:15 PM
:wavey: Betty...Fonsie...everyone else.

Busy morning for me...as usual. But I'm in full-blown testing of the code I've spent all week trying to rewrite. Some things are going well...others not so good. But I'm pressing on.

I'll be off early, though, this afternoon to venture down to North Carolina to visit my sister for a 'girls' weekend. Nothing wild'n'crazy planned but then with you...one never knows. Probably do a little shopping, movie watching and a whole lot of napping.

Hope everyone has a great weekend themselves!

sigmagirl91
02-17-2006, 06:33 PM
Happy Friday, everyone.

MisterQ
02-17-2006, 06:40 PM
Happy Friday! :wavey:

MisterQ
02-17-2006, 06:41 PM
Fonso, I'm trying to imagine the movie without the sex scenes. On the one hand, they actually take up a very small percentage of the movie. They would only be cutting a couple of minutes. On the other hand, that raw passion is of course part of what drives the characters.... so I'm not sure what the end effect will be. :shrug:

Lee
02-17-2006, 09:25 PM
:wavey: Betty...Fonsie...everyone else.

Busy morning for me...as usual. But I'm in full-blown testing of the code I've spent all week trying to rewrite. Some things are going well...others not so good. But I'm pressing on.

For me, this is the toughest part of job. I HATED TESTING!!!!!!!

I'll be off early, though, this afternoon to venture down to North Carolina to visit my sister for a 'girls' weekend. Nothing wild'n'crazy planned but then with you...one never knows. Probably do a little shopping, movie watching and a whole lot of napping.

Hope everyone has a great weekend themselves!

I wish it's that easy for me to visit with my sis :sad:

Lee
02-17-2006, 09:27 PM
Hi Fonsie, Betty and Q! :wavey:

alfonsojose
02-18-2006, 03:57 AM
Just came back from "Brokeback Mountain". A bit slower than expected, but overall a great movie. Jake was amazing, even better than Heath IMO. Seriously, i do believe Heath used pretty well his own disconfort, but that look of lust and love from Gyllenhal is :worship: The end is just crushing :sobbing:

alfonsojose
02-18-2006, 03:58 AM
Hi Fonsie, Betty and Q! :wavey:

mandoura
02-18-2006, 04:38 AM
Just came back from "Brokeback Mountain". A bit slower than expected, but overall a great movie. Jake was amazing, even better than Heath IMO. Seriously, i do believe Heath used pretty well his own disconfort, but that look of lust and love from Gyllenhal is :worship: The end is just crushing :sobbing:

I've just finished dowloading it. I don't know if we will get in theatres here. Now, with your comments, I can't wait to see it. :)

:wavey: everyone here.

mandoura
02-18-2006, 04:42 AM
Does anyone have any news from Mrs. B? I am a bit worried with that Philippines slide. :sad:

Lee
02-19-2006, 12:23 AM
Does anyone have any news from Mrs. B? I am a bit worried with that Philippines slide. :sad:

I don't think she's anywhere near the mudslide site.

There's hardly any internet access from where she's vacationing.

cobalt60
02-19-2006, 03:16 AM
If any of you ever have the chance to go rock climbing( indoors folks ;) ) DO IT! I had an absolute blast!

Lee
02-19-2006, 04:50 AM
My friend email me these pictures and they are soooooo funny!!!!

http://www.menstennisforums.com/photos/showgallery.php/cat/751

mandoura
02-19-2006, 05:17 AM
I don't think she's anywhere near the mudslide site.

There's hardly any internet access from where she's vacationing.

Thanks Lee. :hug:

I guess I am just prone to worrying. I hope she is having fun and will be back soon. She said she'll be away for almost a month.

The belt test is approaching, right? Are you training harder or the usual way?

About Little Lee's eating "issue", I know Marlo & Sue gave you some great tips, I will add one or two I found very helpful with Nour (I told you before they can live together ;) ) . She sort of had a problem too with her weight. She wouldn't touch cooked food for days. Her doctor told me I should look for what she eats weekly not daily. He suggested finger food and it worked: fried fish/chicken strips, cheese croquette (you told me he likes cheese, yes?), ground beef/cheese dumplings or spring rolls, lots of vegetable/fruit sticks. She also loved pudding/custard. You know the "crème patissière" used to fill pastry? She loved it. She also loved a kind of pudding I made with either yam, pumpkin or black dates. They are very nutritious. Sometimes I added some flour, baked them, cut them into squares and she prefered them to cakes. He also suggested she gets involved in a weekly sport to build muscles and increase appetite. It worked.

Anyway, I hope this issue is settled fast and is no longer an issue. :hug: :)

Lee
02-19-2006, 05:20 AM
Thanks mando :hug:

*sigh* Nour interests in lots more food than little Lee does *sigh*

Last night we went out for dinner and he ate a lot. He came home and got on the scale and weight in 62 lbs. This morning after he was up and got on the scale again, 2 lbs just evaporated into thin air while he's sleeping.

Lee
02-19-2006, 05:26 AM
I'm prone to worrying too Mando. I guess I am used to Eva's trips to her hometown now as I know her more than 3 years so I'm not too worried when there's bad news from Philippines.

mandoura
02-19-2006, 05:58 AM
Thanks mando :hug:

*sigh* Nour interests in lots more food than little Lee does *sigh*

Last night we went out for dinner and he ate a lot. He came home and got on the scale and weight in 62 lbs. This morning after he was up and got on the scale again, 2 lbs just evaporated into thin air while he's sleeping.

:lol: I would love it to happen to me :lol: .

It will be ok :hug: .

Angle Queen
02-22-2006, 01:15 PM
Time to rescue this from Page Two.

But I'm swamped...again. Rewriting that program. Again.

Hope all the clubbers are doing well.

Sue...have a GREAT time in Vegas...and take lots of pictures.
MrsB, if you're out there and reading, we're thinking of you!!!!

Betty
02-22-2006, 01:18 PM
MARLENE :hug:

alfonsojose
02-22-2006, 01:41 PM
Time to rescue this from Page Two.

But I'm swamped...again. Rewriting that program. Again.

Hope all the clubbers are doing well.

Sue...have a GREAT time in Vegas...and take lots of pictures.
MrsB, if you're out there and reading, we're thinking of you!!!!
I'm rewriting other person's code now. I love to improve code :drool:

Lee
02-22-2006, 10:03 PM
:bigcry: Canada hockey team

Angle Queen
02-23-2006, 05:17 PM
:bigcry: Canada hockey team:hug:

But can I cry with you....

:bigcry: American hockey team.

Lee
02-23-2006, 05:19 PM

But can I cry with you....

:bigcry: American hockey team.

:bigcry: But the American hockey team has a much lower expectation level coming to the Olympics. :bigcry:

Angle Queen
02-23-2006, 05:26 PM
AP Update

If you'll remember, my last doc visit was ostensibly for some bloodwork analysis to assess the risk of serious birth defects...and doc just did the ultrasound for fun.

Well, the results are back...and a big :yeah: up. In fact, the numbers looked so good (and combined with his visual assessment), we're leaning towards no further testing (i.e. no amniocentesis). I think we're just gonna roll the dice like prospective parents have done for eons before all this medical technology rolled around. As cool as it is, I'd rather not go poking down trails that are better left untravelled.

I'm having a few uncomfortable moments...I think AP is active and sloshing all around in some tight quarters. Have only felt one thing that I can reasonably surmise as 'movement' but last night I felt all these strange little flutters...with my hand on my belly. Maybe I was just dreaming...but it seems like things are progressing as they should.

Work continues to be a nightmare and there's not an apparent end in sight although I'll be at a conference two days next week and in class next Friday...so I should get a bit of a mental break.

Hope all the clubbers out there are doing A-OK!!!

Angle Queen
02-23-2006, 05:27 PM
:bigcry: But the American hockey team has a much lower expectation level coming to the Olympics. :bigcry:Yes...but we can keep hope, hope, hoping...for another Miracle On Ice.

Lee
02-23-2006, 05:31 PM
Yes...but we can keep hope, hope, hoping...for another Miracle On Ice.

Not necessary, USA has many good players. What the team needs is one superstar like Mario Lemieux/Wayne Gretzky/Steve Yzerman for Canada, Jaromir Jagr/Dominik Hasek for Czechs Republic, Teemu Selanne for Finland and Peter Forsberg for Sweden. ;)

Of course, superstar is not that easy to come by.

Lee
02-23-2006, 05:43 PM
And little Lee is registered to play tennis AGAIN! :yippee:

Not sure how good will be the teacher and the group is a little bit larger (8 children instead of 6) It's a lot cheaper than the previous one as it's sponsored by the city but I'll see how he progresses and if he needs someone better.

Lee
02-23-2006, 05:48 PM
AP Update

If you'll remember, my last doc visit was ostensibly for some bloodwork analysis to assess the risk of serious birth defects...and doc just did the ultrasound for fun.

Well, the results are back...and a big :yeah: up. In fact, the numbers looked so good (and combined with his visual assessment), we're leaning towards no further testing (i.e. no amniocentesis). I think we're just gonna roll the dice like prospective parents have done for eons before all this medical technology rolled around. As cool as it is, I'd rather not go poking down trails that are better left untravelled.

I'm having a few uncomfortable moments...I think AP is active and sloshing all around in some tight quarters. Have only felt one thing that I can reasonably surmise as 'movement' but last night I felt all these strange little flutters...with my hand on my belly. Maybe I was just dreaming...but it seems like things are progressing as they should.

Work continues to be a nightmare and there's not an apparent end in sight although I'll be at a conference two days next week and in class next Friday...so I should get a bit of a mental break.

Hope all the clubbers out there are doing A-OK!!!

It's time for AP to start kicking :lol:

I still remembered cleary the first time I felt little Lee moved. I was in Vancouver for a wedding and was sleeping on a sofa bed, very uncomfortable :p

Lee
02-23-2006, 05:53 PM
Last post here :p

I am addicted to Sudoku puzzles now :o

Can't watch men's curling gold medal draw tomorrow :bigcry: because I will be volunteering in little Lee's school library :bigcry:

Angle Queen
02-23-2006, 05:54 PM
And little Lee is registered to play tennis AGAIN! :yippee::woohoo: indeed!

Sadly, though, I've gotta sign off now. Back to the grind. :banghead:

:wavey: Lee!!!

alfonsojose
02-24-2006, 04:11 PM
83 kg .. :sad: .. a nasty weight record

Betty
02-24-2006, 04:15 PM
83 kg .. :sad: .. a nasty weight record
:o....fonso a bit of gym?:p

alfonsojose
02-24-2006, 04:25 PM
:o....fonso a bit of gym?:p
Absolutely. Hot guys sweating is a bonus :angel:

Betty
02-24-2006, 04:34 PM
thanks fonso :yeah: u give me a reson for start again gym ;)

i stopped when i was ill...and then after 2 months :o i don't start again it coz i'm lazy..but monday i'll go there :hearts: :p

alfonsojose
02-24-2006, 07:14 PM
thanks fonso :yeah: u give me a reson for start again gym ;)

i stopped when i was ill...and then after 2 months :o i don't start again it coz i'm lazy..but monday i'll go there :hearts: :p
:lol: :hug: to encourage u a bit more, just imagine the body on your avatar sweating big time, smiling to you while drying his back, saying hi :D Armpits, muscle shoulders, biceps, abs ... can't wait .. and hopefully some day i'll have such an equipment :drool: :o

Lee
02-25-2006, 01:34 AM
Just past on this message from Mrs. B ;)

Hello to everyone!

Mando, no need to worry about her. She is safe and sound :)

She's vacationing in a beach groove and is not easy to access the net. She is now on an island far away from Leyte.

mandoura
02-25-2006, 07:23 AM
Just past on this message from Mrs. B ;)

Hello to everyone!

Mando, no need to worry about her. She is safe and sound :)

She's vacationing in a beach groove and is not easy to access the net. She is now on an island far away from Leyte.

Thank God she's safe. Thank you Lee for passing this on. :hug:

Hope she is having loads of fun. :)

Hope Sue is getting wild too in Vegas. :D

MisterQ
02-25-2006, 11:31 AM
:wavey: hi everyone

Glad to hear that Mrs. B is enjoying herself.

Bravo to Lee the library volunteer! :cool: :yeah:

Betty
02-25-2006, 12:56 PM
:lol: :hug: to encourage u a bit more, just imagine the body on your avatar sweating big time, smiling to you while drying his back, saying hi :D Armpits, muscle shoulders, biceps, abs ... can't wait .. and hopefully some day i'll have such an equipment :drool: :o
Fonso the man in my avatar..is mine....down the hands :devil: ;)

glad for Eve :D
:bigwave: all

MariaV
02-25-2006, 06:27 PM
Hi clubbers! Nice to read all the news everything doing well!
I haven't got much time here just :hug: :hug: to Alfonso, we're getting old. ;) Sigh. I just CANNOT get rid of the kilos I need. :rolleyes:
But here's the news to Alfonso - saw Brokeback Mountain yesterday. :yeah: I knew almost everything about the visual language beforehand so there were no big surprises, but Ang Lee really more shows the story than tells it, and it's good. :yeah: Jake Gyllenhaal could get the Oscar for the supporting male actor, I've really started to appreciate him. :yeah: I'm not so sure about Heath Ledger but they both were good. :)
Ok, gotta go now. Have a nice weekend everyone! :wavey:

MariaV
02-25-2006, 06:31 PM
Oh and yeah as Mandoura said, WHY does this not happen to me any more, oh WHY!! :bigcry: :crying2: ;)
Sorry about the hockey team Lee but at least you got the curling gold. ;) :hug: I know this doesn't console really. :hug:
I am praying Finland will get the hockey gold tomorrow. :D

Angle Queen
02-27-2006, 01:27 PM
Oh and yeah as Mandoura said, WHY does this not happen to me any more, oh WHY!! :bigcry: :crying2: ;)
Sorry about the hockey team Lee but at least you got the curling gold. ;) :hug: I know this doesn't console really. :hug:
I am praying Finland will get the hockey gold tomorrow. :DWeight issues...jeez. Even 19w pregnant, and I barely tip the scales at 110lbs/50kg. And I'm a lot like little Lee...and go to sleep...and lose weight. Might sound great, but trust me...it's just as frustrating as it is for those who want to lose weight.

Sorry Lee about the hockey. :yeah: to all the Swedes. It was a fantastic game!

Hope everyone had a good one. Saturday was good and I probably overdid it. It was all I could do Sunday to drag myself around the house.

Work is still slammed...so guess I gotta go.

Glad to hear Mrs B is A-OK! We miss her, for sure.

alfonsojose
02-27-2006, 03:38 PM
Hi clubbers! Nice to read all the news everything doing well!
I haven't got much time here just :hug: :hug: to Alfonso, we're getting old. ;) Sigh. I just CANNOT get rid of the kilos I need. :rolleyes:
But here's the news to Alfonso - saw Brokeback Mountain yesterday. :yeah: I knew almost everything about the visual language beforehand so there were no big surprises, but Ang Lee really more shows the story than tells it, and it's good. :yeah: Jake Gyllenhaal could get the Oscar for the supporting male actor, I've really started to appreciate him. :yeah: I'm not so sure about Heath Ledger but they both were good. :)
Ok, gotta go now. Have a nice weekend everyone! :wavey:
I agree. Jake was :eek:
Well, i went to the SF and F of the Copa Colsanitas, a WTA tier III tournament in Bogota. I met and took a picture of Fabiola Zuluaga :hearts:
I went to some gay bars and discos :drink: :aparty: :dance: In Bogota, gay bars and discos are well known, no hidding there :sad: And i watched North Country and Crash. BM should win the Oscar, Crash is absolutely overhyped. The race conflict gets boring, too many stories.

Betty
02-27-2006, 03:39 PM
my MonteCarlo tickets cames today.....:yeah: great!!!!:p

Fonso at the end no gym..only shopping:p

MariaV
02-28-2006, 07:45 AM
Hello Betty! Seems you're doing well! :D ;)
Wow, the Oscar ceremony is less than a week away. :eek:
We had quite a snowstorm with lots of car crashes here yesterday. But it was fun in the fresh snow. :D
Have a good week everyone! :wavey:

Betty
02-28-2006, 07:48 AM
yes Maria:p how are u :hug:

MariaV
02-28-2006, 07:51 AM
I'm quite fine, thanks Betty. Had some eye problem in the morning but it's not too bad. Probably just something got in my eye yesterday. :shrug:
Are you going to Monte Carlo alone or with your hubby?

Betty
02-28-2006, 07:57 AM
I'm quite fine, thanks Betty. Had some eye problem in the morning but it's not too bad. Probably just something got in my eye yesterday. :shrug:
Are you going to Monte Carlo alone or with your hubby?
with my hub. and we'll meet peggy=Biorki sure :)
i've a problem in my eyes too today :rolleyes:

MariaV
02-28-2006, 08:04 AM
Aww, I hope your eye will get better. :hug:
Monte Carlo is so beautiful. I've never been there myself though. :sad: Only watch it on TV.

Betty
02-28-2006, 08:20 AM
Aww, I hope your eye will get better. :hug:
Monte Carlo is so beautiful. I've never been there myself though. :sad: Only watch it on TV.
i hope your will get better too:hug:

mandoura
02-28-2006, 08:45 AM
:bigwave: clubbers.

Maria & Betty :hug:. Hope both your eyes will get better real quick.

Monte Carlo is beautiful Betty. I went sevral times but the last time was 10 years ago :eek:. Good that hub is coming with you. It is definitely a city for two. :D

sigmagirl91
02-28-2006, 11:35 AM
Good morning, everyone.

Lee
02-28-2006, 04:11 PM
Morning clubbers! :wavey:

Maria and Betty, hope your eyes are better now! :hug:

J. Corwin
02-28-2006, 04:59 PM
Checkin in with the clubbers! :wavey: How are you all? :)

I got up so early for a Tuesday today to help/teach a friend how to do some 3D digital modelling, and you all know how much I love sleep...I'm such a good friend. :lol: She's been parking in the parking lot of my apartment and she recently got a warning from the manager. I think the neighbors are giving their "neighborhood watch" on me now and each one of them has a bone to pick with me. :scared:

Maria and Betty :hug:

MariaV
02-28-2006, 05:27 PM
Oh Jace, I hope your neighbours are still nice. :hug: And silly me but if it's the parking lot for your apartement why can't she park there? Or is it absolutely required to use a guest's lot?
And you're really a good friend. :D
Hi everyone! :bigwave: I'm overjoyed with Marat's win today and my training day went well too. :D

Lee
02-28-2006, 05:28 PM
:lol: Jace, you need to remove the porn star in your avy :angel:

Lee
02-28-2006, 05:29 PM
And Jace, are your neighbours jealous of all your female visitors?

MariaV
02-28-2006, 05:31 PM
LOL Lee, how's little Lee doing, gained some weight? I'd soooo like to give him a couple of my kilos. :hug:

J. Corwin
02-28-2006, 05:32 PM
Oh Jace, I hope your neighbours are still nice. :hug: And silly me but if it's the parking lot for your apartement why can't she park there? Or is it absolutely required to use a guest's lot?
Hi everyone! :bigwave: I'm overjoyed with Marat's win today and my training day went well too. :D

Marat! :banana: Sounds like he played poorly today but at least he won. :cool:

The thing is, I don't even know what my parking space is. :lol: She just parks in any available spot and yeah...I figure someone must have come home and see a car in their spot. :o

J. Corwin
02-28-2006, 05:35 PM
:lol: Jace, you need to remove the porn star in your avy :angel:

Why? Too hot for you to handle? :p:haha:

And Jace, are your neighbours jealous of all your female visitors?

:angel:

My neighbor invited me to his place for dinner when I first moved in but since then I haven't really even talked much to any of them? I don't think they like me much...I'm the only student who lives here I think...and it's like I'm intruding upon their space. :lol:

Lee
02-28-2006, 05:39 PM
Why? Too hot for you to handle? :p:haha:

I may be forced to put you on ignore in order to avoid seeing him. Yes, I really don't like this guy :lol:

:angel:

My neighbor invited me to his place for dinner when I first moved in but since then I haven't really even talked much to any of them? I don't think they like me much...I'm the only student who lives here I think...and it's like I'm intruding upon their space. :lol:

Have you invited him back? I don't think so! :angel: Thus, you break the protocode (?sp) :devil:

Lee
02-28-2006, 05:41 PM
LOL Lee, how's little Lee doing, gained some weight? I'd soooo like to give him a couple of my kilos. :hug:

I would like to give him my extra kilos too! ditto for my hubby :lol:

And yes, I think he gained a kilo after all those food he consumed while me and hubby gained lots more :bigcry:

MariaV
02-28-2006, 06:37 PM
Have you invited him back? I don't think so! :angel: Thus, you break the protocode (?sp) :devil:
Oh, Lee's right. For some people it's really important who has invited whom and who paid for what etc etc, I think you mean protocol but I'm not sure. :lol:
I don't see my neighbours much either as I come back very late in the evening but I'm so lucky I have quiet and nice neighbours, I haven't had any problems with them and they've helped me a few times I've needed their help. :D And that's one reason why I don't want to move.

Betty
02-28-2006, 07:14 PM
i watched the match..Marat new look :inlove: :haha:

MariaV
02-28-2006, 07:16 PM
LMAO Betty, now he looks like the man in your avvy. ;) :haha:

Lee
02-28-2006, 07:17 PM

And Daniel Koellerer :lol:

sigmagirl91
02-28-2006, 10:59 PM
i watched the match..Marat new look :inlove: :haha:

Marat's new look

:help: :bolt:

alfonsojose
03-01-2006, 02:39 AM
Marat looked ugly :mad:

MariaV
03-01-2006, 01:34 PM
LOL @ your reactions Tiff & Alfonso!!!!! :lol: I'm getting used to his new 'look', if you want my personal opinion I don't really like it but I don't care about it too much. That of course doesn't mean that I could ever stop loving him & his game. :hearts: :inlove:

MisterQ
03-01-2006, 03:45 PM
Safin's hair is inexplicable, much like the man himself!

He's still :cool: though.

Betty
03-01-2006, 06:00 PM
:yeah: and i like marat but gasty:inlove:

MariaV
03-02-2006, 09:32 AM
Safin's hair is inexplicable, much like the man himself!

He's still :cool: though.
Our Maestro right to the point as always. :worship: :yeah:

MisterQ
03-05-2006, 12:11 AM
Where are all the clubbers? :shrug:

We need to have a club partay... maybe we can play bingo and drink prune juice or something. :lol: