Agassi's sportmanship!! [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Agassi's sportmanship!!

tennismaster882001
03-07-2005, 03:25 PM
After Croatia won the match, Agassi came to Croatia's team and congratulated them, he is such a big man, unlike the rest of American team!
Agassi :worship:

CooCooCachoo
03-07-2005, 03:37 PM
Well, it's not hard to be a better sport than the Bryan brothers ;)

Rex
03-07-2005, 04:41 PM
true sportmanship, the thing is agassi has always been a good PERSON, so it really comes as no surprise- but the other americans should try to learn something from him.

jasmine(usa)
03-07-2005, 04:49 PM
I personally think they are all good sportsmen.

joeb_uk
03-07-2005, 05:17 PM
Well, it's not hard to be a better sport than the Bryan brothers ;)
You forgot one big thing there, mr duck

tennismaster882001
03-07-2005, 05:19 PM
I personally think they are all good sportsmen.

Yes, maybe they are, but Agassi is realy special, I know many examples, when Goran won Wimbledon he was the first player to congratulate him, and people recognize that in Agassi, that's why he is so popular wherever he goes!

tydiggy0628
03-07-2005, 05:22 PM
totally, agassi has such class and sportsmanship.

Socket
03-07-2005, 05:22 PM
true sportmanship, the thing is agassi has always been a good PERSON, so it really comes as no surprise- but the other americans should try to learn something from him.
Agassi hasn't always been a good person or a good sportsman (although I agree he is today). Frankly, he was a little shitter in his younger days, and many of his contemporaries loathed him.

RonE
03-07-2005, 05:31 PM
Agassi hasn't always been a good person or a good sportsman (although I agree he is today). Frankly, he was a little shitter in his younger days, and many of his contemporaries loathed him.

Yes, and there were many incidents when he conducted himself in a very unsportsmanlike conduct- once he spat at an umpire during a USO match against Korda and almost got disqualified.

But later in his carreer he melowed out.

tennischick
03-07-2005, 05:31 PM
very true.

and also true that if the Duck had done the same thing as Agassi, i for one would have called it sucking up.

i don't see how Agassi dropping by a locker-room qualifies as "sportsmanship". IMO sporstmanship mainly happens on the court. it would have been sportsmanlike of Agassi to play the dead rubber for example. a trip to a locker-room to say congrats is a nice gesture but that's about all it is. let's not get carried away here.

Angle Queen
03-07-2005, 05:36 PM
But later in his carreer he melowed out.Don't we all. I threw temper tantrums as a kid when I lost at checkers. Now, I'm an :angel: .

Andre has indeed become a classy guy.

CooCooCachoo
03-07-2005, 06:19 PM
I'd love to beat you at checkers, AQ ;) :devil:

onewoman74
03-07-2005, 06:27 PM

This is what we call maturity...Lucky for us we don't have to do our growing up in the spotlight.

Ultraman
03-07-2005, 06:31 PM
He is a marketing/business wiz (proven by his career earnings) and he's knows that people are watching what he does.

But I really do also feel that he is sincerely a good guy and a good sportsman.

ys
03-07-2005, 06:38 PM
You can call it "maturity".. Or you can call it "taking it easy" and no longer wanting it as badly as others want, others like Roddick..

erik-the-red
03-07-2005, 11:35 PM
Agassi is 34. He's the oldest man on the ATP Tour.

Of course he's very professional. He almost has twenty years experience playing. He's played with some very fine gentlemen (e.g. Edberg, Sampras, Rafter, etc.). He's a fine one, too.

tangerine_dream
03-07-2005, 11:51 PM
Andre is the elder statesman of tennis where everyone looks up to him, so his going into their lockerroom to congratulate them kinda makes sense (it's also his last DC so perhaps this is his way of saying good-bye?). Andre has certainly grown as a human being. Ivan will never be the class act that Andre is. :worship:

tennis4eva
03-08-2005, 12:00 AM
:worship: Andre. I think we can all take a lesson from him.
Not only his sportsmanship admirable, but his objective attitude in almost any situation. Win or loose, Andre always does his best to learn and grow from it. I don't think there are many people in this world who are capable of changing as much as we have seen Andre change and grow over the years. He's come a long way since his days as a snotty kid in spandex. I admire Andre very much. :)

sigmagirl91
03-08-2005, 01:20 AM
I agree. I used to hate the guy for his immature attitude, but he's stepped up to the plate and realized how important his contributions to the game are.

Billabong
03-08-2005, 02:29 AM
Andre:worship:

aceit
03-08-2005, 02:42 AM
Yay Andre. :worship:

Where did you hear this? I'm just curious.

Action Jackson
03-08-2005, 02:57 AM
Now, Agassi is a great sportsman I have heard it all now.

Gigan
03-08-2005, 03:07 AM
...Agassi is a great sportsman ...
yes, he is!

Pea
03-08-2005, 03:08 AM

:haha: Too true for words!

jole
03-08-2005, 04:45 AM

I have no problem with Agassi overall, personally. Karol Kucera might laugh at this thread though.

Experimentee
03-08-2005, 01:10 PM
Most of the time Andre displays exceptional sportsmanship. You might not think it much to do what he did, but it is rare nowadays for players to do that after a loss. He only have nice things to say about his opponent after a loss too. Ivan even said how he thought it was nice of Andre to drop by, and it was enough to win Ivan's respect.

syd
03-08-2005, 02:07 PM
I don't like agassi but what you say it's totally true !!!
he's very respectfull to the other players :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :worship: :worship: :)

Most of the time Andre displays exceptional sportsmanship. You might not think it much to do what he did, but it is rare nowadays for players to do that after a loss. He only have nice things to say about his opponent after a loss too. Ivan even said how he thought it was nice of Andre to drop by, and it was enough to win Ivan's respect.