What will this DC loss do Andy's career? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

What will this DC loss do Andy's career?

Rosa Luxembourg
03-07-2005, 01:54 AM
Will he be able to move on? How will he cope with the fact that he hasn't won a tough match (the one that means something) against a high-ranked player in a long time?

Discuss...

Paialii
03-07-2005, 01:56 AM
Will he be able to move on? How will he cope with the fact that he hasn't won a tough match (the one that means something) against a high-ranked player in a long time?

Discuss...

It won't have much of a bearing. Sure, he's disappointed that he lost at home in a Davis Cup match, but there's no doubt he'll recover without any problem.

Bilbo
03-07-2005, 01:58 AM
It will do nothing. Andy will continue to fall in the rankings as I've expected before the season.

Fee
03-07-2005, 01:58 AM
He'll be fine, especially after I see him on Wednesday (or whenever) and give him an extra special squeezin'.

alfonsojose
03-07-2005, 01:59 AM
He'll get revenge at Roland Garros

Auscon
03-07-2005, 02:00 AM
it'll have him copping some flak on mtf, but thats about it

robinhood
03-07-2005, 02:06 AM
It's a big loss at the moment, no doubt. He does need to bounce back as quickly as possible and win some big matches that really mean something to prove his growing-legions-of-doubters wrong. Speaking of which, when WAS the last time he won a real huge match??

Well, best of luck, Andy, at IW and Miami.

Dirk
03-07-2005, 02:08 AM
If Andy doesn't win a slam this year then his career could go down the tubes.

mangoes
03-07-2005, 02:08 AM
I don't think it will have that big an effect on Andy.

darnyelb
03-07-2005, 02:09 AM
At least he won't have DC to worry about. Less stress, more rest for the Duck man can only do good for his body.

mitalidas
03-07-2005, 02:14 AM
one or two defeats would have been okay
but he has now "failed" in many respects --- not winning a slam since USO 03, worsening his record against Federer, failing TWICE in DC when its on his hands, and winning very few tier 1 tournaments

his desperation at the end of last year was obvious with kicking BG out, but a few more losses like this and it will really play on his mind.

onewoman74
03-07-2005, 02:19 AM
He'll get revenge at Roland Garros

I love your humor!!

;)

tennischick
03-07-2005, 02:30 AM
the Duck recovered from the feathering he got in Span didn't he? he'll do just fine.

i dunno if Brad will get over hinting "i told you so!" :tape:

lizzieh
03-07-2005, 02:31 AM
it'll have him copping some flak on mtf, but thats about it
:haha:

I doubt it'll have much impact... although I think he needs a slam this year or things could start to get tricky for him..

mitalidas
03-07-2005, 02:34 AM
the Duck recovered from the feathering he got in Span didn't he? he'll do just fine.

i dunno if Brad will get over hinting "i told you so!" :tape:

well its questionable if he has recovered from that
he has not been able to win Finals (Kooyong), or important later-stage matches (AO), and now the big one which lay in his hands

he is surely questioning himself much more in tight situations than he ever did before

tennischick
03-07-2005, 02:38 AM
well its questionable if he has recovered from that
he has not been able to win Finals (Kooyong), or important later-stage matches (AO), and now the big one which lay in his hands

he is surely questioning himself much more in tight situations than he ever did before
i've never agreed with talk of the Duck's loss of self-confidence as a result of these losses. i don't agree. i think he's as confident as ever in himself. his body-language reeks cockiness.

what we have here is much simpler than that. he has an underdeveloped game. that's what the ones who beat him expose. as long as they can get his serve back.

aceit
03-07-2005, 02:39 AM
Sure, he'll be crushed, but it's not like he lost all his matches.
Agassi lost one where he was supposed to come through (since there was sp much hype about it). The invincable Bryans lost, and not many people really expected that to happen. They were supposed to be the easier win, but obviously Mario and Ivan just played outstanding.

Umm so basically I think he'll be destroyed tonight, but he'll have to realize that what happened today is done and he just has to learn from it. Will that be easy? Of course not, but hopefully Dean will help him in the mental aspect.

*M*
03-07-2005, 03:01 AM
Sure, he'll be crushed, but it's not like he lost all his matches.
Agassi lost one where he was supposed to come through (since there was sp much hype about it). The invincable Bryans lost, and not many people really expected that to happen. They were supposed to be the easier win, but obviously Mario and Ivan just played outstanding.

Umm so basically I think he'll be destroyed tonight, but he'll have to realize that what happened today is done and he just has to learn from it. Will that be easy? Of course not, but hopefully Dean will help him in the mental aspect.True, all four of them lost (pretty sad), so it's not like one person should beat themselves up more than others.

aceit
03-07-2005, 03:02 AM
True, all four of them lost (pretty sad), so it's not like one person should beat themselves up more than others.
I'm suprised people haven't talked about Agassi. He was suppose to rise to the occasion after winning the DC years ago.

Socket
03-07-2005, 03:06 AM
I'm suprised people haven't talked about Agassi. He was suppose to rise to the occasion after winning the DC years ago.
Because we've become accustomed to Agassi having these kinds of lapses in the last year or so. . .

WyveN
03-07-2005, 03:09 AM
I think it will have a bigger impact on Andre's career, a few more losses like the one he had against Ljubicic and I doubt very much he will continue next year.

tennischick
03-07-2005, 03:51 AM
I think it will have a bigger impact on Andre's career, a few more losses like the one he had against Ljubicic and I doubt very much he will continue next year.
i agree. sadly :sad:

mickymouse
03-07-2005, 03:57 AM
Not much, unless Andy lets the loss get to him, which I doubt so. Last year, he lost against both Moya and Nadal in the Davis Cup final and he was fine.

Also, let's not take away the fact that he beat Ancic, so I don't see why he should be getting the flak for US exit from the Cup.

tangerine_dream
03-07-2005, 04:12 AM
Oh no! Andy lost a DC match! It's the end of his career! :bigcry:

oneandonlyhsn
03-07-2005, 05:18 AM
Like I said earlier, Andy should use this loss as a wake up call. He hasnt been playing well for a while now. His wins in Mickey mouse tournaments dont help him any. He should play in more tournaments with more top players, where he will be forced to play great tennis and reveal his weaknesses for him to work on. His huge serves seem to be working for less and less oppponents now, he needs to work on his overall game more.

bad gambler
03-07-2005, 05:50 AM
to answer this thread - nothing

TheBoiledEgg
03-07-2005, 11:36 AM
its already on a slippery slope :o

Angle Queen
03-07-2005, 11:45 AM
Nothing. It's a live and learn experience. Bring on IW and Miami.

syd
03-07-2005, 12:33 PM
Andy is not this kind of guy!
I think he's gonna recovered quickly but not during the claycourt season (for sure !!!)

Winston's Human
03-07-2005, 03:02 PM
If Andy doesn't win a slam this year then his career could go down the tubes.

Perish the thought! What would all the Andy Haters on MTF do without him.

rue
03-07-2005, 03:43 PM
I'm not sure, but it is true that he has lost a lot of really close matches in the last 9 months and no one really knows how he will bounce back. He really wanted to win the Davis Cup and I think the fact that they had their best team playing this weekend will hurt even more.

blosson
03-07-2005, 04:14 PM
The loss will make Andy even hungrier for a big win. He will be fine.
Every player has up and downs.
His next big win might just happen when no one expects it, which is even sweeter.

jasmine(usa)
03-07-2005, 05:00 PM
Of course he'll bounce back. They are big matches, because he's playing other very talented players. You win some, you lose some. We can't count him out.

SAtennis
03-07-2005, 05:11 PM
No, you can't count him out. Until rounds of 16 or so....

tennischick
03-07-2005, 05:23 PM
The loss will make Andy even hungrier for a big win. He will be fine.
Every player has up and downs.
His next big win might just happen when no one expects it, which is even sweeter.
hilarious avatar :lol: whatever were you thinking :D

tennismaster882001
03-07-2005, 05:34 PM
So many of you people sound like you think that his carear is over! It's just one defeat against in form player! I'm sure that Andy will be a top 5 player many years ahead!