Abandoned matches [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Abandoned matches

tangerine_dream
02-23-2005, 03:45 PM
When a player retires from a match how come this isn't treated as "abandoned" where we get our money back?

wtn_amanda
02-23-2005, 04:06 PM
Matches are only abandoned and voided if:
1. The first set of the match was not completed.
2. The first set was completed but the player that retired was leading on the scoreboard.

These market rules are stated in every thread. :p

peronista
03-26-2005, 08:12 AM
I think it's unfair! Maybe the player lost the first set because he picked up his injury back then! I put 500 on roddick, and now I'm not getting it back. This is robbery, I'd better get myself a new account then.....

NATAS81
03-26-2005, 06:55 PM
I think it's unfair! Maybe the player lost the first set because he picked up his injury back then! I put 500 on roddick, and now I'm not getting it back. This is robbery, I'd better get myself a new account then.....
Highway Robbery. Roddick stated in his interview it came in the first set.

descamisado
03-28-2005, 03:22 PM
I agree!

Filipo
04-02-2005, 10:09 AM
what's happened with this bet: Who will win one game or more: Roger Federer vs Andre Agassi
why all the bets were abandoned ?

bad gambler
04-02-2005, 10:22 AM
mate it was an april fool's joke ;)

Filipo
04-02-2005, 10:29 AM
hahaha, maybe, i don't know amanda what is thinking.
i really didn't believe the odds, which are presented. i read a hundred times the conditions.

Douggie Style
04-03-2005, 03:24 PM
hahaha, maybe, i don't know amanda what is thinking.
i really didn't believe the odds, which are presented. i read a hundred times the conditions.

Read them again: http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=32615

Will the stated player win at least one game in this match? This market will be closed at the stated time. If a player retires before completing this match, and the retiring player was leading the match at the point of retirement, all bets will be void and stakes returned. If a player retires before a set has been completed, all bets will be void and states returned. If this market was created on April 1st, all bets will be void and stakes returned. You must be logged in as a registered member to place bets using your vCash (Virtual Cash).

Filipo
04-04-2005, 09:03 AM
that's cool :)