Moya can send Hewitt home! [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Moya can send Hewitt home!

great smash
11-13-2002, 03:53 PM
If Moya decides to help his compatriot a hand, letting him win, Hewitt will not qualify for the semi's regardless of Hewitt's result against Safin:fiery:

It will be interesting to see how much Moya would like to beat Costa. It's clear he's the favorite to win that encounter. If he doesn't it will look like a present to me...

Angele
11-13-2002, 03:54 PM
Moya better beat Costa in straight sets :fiery: :fiery:

jenglisbe
11-13-2002, 04:03 PM
Why will Costa winning in straight sets mean Hewitt will not advance? How does that tie-break rule work? I asked this in another thread, but you seem to know :)

great smash
11-13-2002, 04:09 PM
Assume Hewitt wins in two sets, that's the best he can do:

Match W/L 2/1
Sets W/L 4/3

If Costa wins he will also have a 2/1 match W/L record and a 5/3 or 5/4 sets W/L record, depending on whether hey wins in straight sets or not.

The first scenario will see Costa qualify because of a +2 W/L sets record compared to +1 for Hewitt.

If the rules I have are right even a three set win would put Costa through, because with the 5/4 set W/L record, he will still have won more sets than Hewitt and qualify.

Hewitt has to hope for Moya beating Costa :o

Chloe le Bopper
11-13-2002, 06:39 PM
Please.

Costa has been playing great.

If he beats Moya it will be on his own merits, and not because his compatriot threw him a bone :rolleyes:

I suppose that Moya and Costa only won the French Open because Alex and Juan Carlos are just such good guys that they decided to throw the poor guys a bone, huh?

*yawn*

Chloe le Bopper
11-13-2002, 06:42 PM
Furthermore - I think that Marat must have lost to Costa today, because the Spaniards paid him off.

The also paid him to lose to Moya.

The only thing I can't peice together in this Spanish Conpiracy is Juan Carlos' role :confused:

Perhaps he was thrown over in favour of the Swiss conspiracy.

proteus
11-14-2002, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by Rebecca
Furthermore - I think that Marat must have lost to Costa today, because the Spaniards paid him off.

The also paid him to lose to Moya.

The only thing I can't peice together in this Spanish Conpiracy is Juan Carlos' role :confused:

Perhaps he was thrown over in favour of the Swiss conspiracy.

It is clear now that JC's initial loss was a mere red herring ;). Clearly something fishy ...

Chloe le Bopper
11-15-2002, 01:53 AM
You're right. I think Agassi was paid today, and that Jiri will be paid tomorrow (not positive if Jiri is going to go through though!)

Jorge
11-15-2002, 06:26 AM
Costa and Carles will qualify, Costa will win in three sets so Lleyton will fly to Australia earlier! :D
Come on boys you know what to do! ;)

KFS
11-15-2002, 10:38 AM
Well........ The fact is Carlos Moya just kept Potato to stay alive in this tourney by beating his fellow-country man and a good friend!!! :o