need help buying a racket [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

need help buying a racket

supAfly6479
02-20-2005, 01:10 AM
yo i am starting playing tennis at my high school this year and i am looking for a good racket on my budget, i found a racquet i like and is school colors even but i dont know if its really good or not so can yall take a look at it and let me know what u think, copy and paste this in your address bar---

http://www.thesportsauthority.com/product/index.jsp?productId=1850421&cp=714770.1454904&clickid=mainnav_browse_txt&parentPage=family

erik-the-red
02-20-2005, 02:02 AM
I guess that's actually a pretty good tweener; the swing rating is 5.

I suggest a control racquet because they force you to utilize proper form in executing shots. The Wilson Prostaff Tour 95 is $100 at tennis-warehouse.com

If you prefer an oversize frame, the Head i.Radical is $90 at the same place.

Fee
02-20-2005, 02:47 AM
Go to tennis-warehouse.com and buy a Prince Triple Threat Warrior for $79.95. It's white, so it matches everything (as if that matters).

The tennis warehouse messageboards are also a really good place to read about racquets, but it can be a bit overwhelming there for new people.

ae wowww
02-20-2005, 08:48 AM
yo i am starting playing tennis at my high school this year and i am looking for a good racket on my budget, i found a racquet i like and is school colors even but i dont know if its really good or not so can yall take a look at it and let me know what u think, copy and paste this in your address bar---

http://www.thesportsauthority.com/product/index.jsp?productId=1850421&cp=714770.1454904&clickid=mainnav_browse_txt&parentPage=family
Imo the triads are pretty atrocious. The are very light, but not in a Babolat kind of way. The weight seems to be in the neck,so it isn't good for groundies OR volleying!
And the head seems kind of too big, you wouldn't miss a volley, but I didn't find them comfortable, when i tried a friends. I would recommend the Wilson hyper prostaff 6.0 (v. old racket, if you can find one :yeah:) I think I got the last 7 in the world.

adeegee
02-20-2005, 09:24 AM
Mate, find a place where you can test out some different rackets. Every player has different feelings on rackets only you can decide whats best for you. For example I absolutely love my liquidmetal radicals, and wouldn't swap them for anything in the world but my hitting partner absolutely hates them, and we're about similar standard.

Rex
02-20-2005, 10:54 AM
i agree with adeegee, you definately need to test out some rackets, sone rackets look the business but really aren't. So taek the suggestion seriously.

tennis4you
02-20-2005, 01:27 PM
I made the mistake of not testing out a racquet once and just bought two of them. They were supposed to have been the replacement to the one I was using. I hated them with a passion. I had to unload them used after about 8 hours of play.

I then tested some racquets and found the one I was looking for.