How frequently do you practice? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

How frequently do you practice?

Peoples
02-18-2005, 05:09 PM
How often do you?

Rex
02-18-2005, 05:36 PM
i practice 6 out of 7 days
i want to become pro sometime, so that is why its a lot, i also do a lot of skipping and weight lifting out of the court. When i go on court its usualy from 2 to about 4 hours.

alfonsojose
02-18-2005, 05:41 PM
Tenis : 5 hours per week
Maaasturbation :eeevvverry ddd...aa..yyyy
Real Sex : it has been a long .. long time :tears:

adeegee
02-18-2005, 06:15 PM
i play 5 times a week, too late for me to become a pro now i'm 20 but i want to reach as high a level as possible....alfonsejose you are one funny guy, virtually all your posts crack me up!

ae wowww
02-18-2005, 06:26 PM
i practice 6 out of 7 days
i want to become pro sometime, so that is why its a lot, i also do a lot of skipping and weight lifting out of the court. When i go on court its usualy from 2 to about 4 hours.
Cool man, same-except 7 out of 7 for me :D What is your rating?

Real Sex : it has been a long .. long time
Am I surprised?

zillianff
02-18-2005, 06:45 PM
if i could i would practice everyday but there are some days that i have trouble finding people to practice with, and privates are to expensive.

superpinkone37
02-18-2005, 06:55 PM
During my tennis season at school, I play 5-6 days a week but it always seems that by the end of the season I somehow get injured or have some big projects to do at school or something and my time on court diminishes quickly. Now that I am over my injury I'm trying to practice about 4 times a week at least :)

Maxpowers
02-18-2005, 07:17 PM
I play 3-5 times per week. I'm always trying to get better.

Leena
02-18-2005, 07:25 PM
I practice usually 4 days a week... sometimes less, depending how my shoulder feels.

jazz_girl
02-18-2005, 08:28 PM
Just once a week...I'm not that lazy though, I go to the gym the other days ;)

Angle Queen
02-18-2005, 08:43 PM
Cool man, same-except 7 out of 7 for me :DOnly in my dreams.

In (USTA League) season, practice once a week, competition play once a week (from early April to mid-June if we make it to our City tourney, mid-July if we make it to our State tourney...which we did last year. :yippee: )

Out of season, if the weather's nice...and I can score a match on a public court...maybe two or three times a week. But that's play rather than practice. I'm lucky to see the court two or three times a month during the winter...and that's for a pro-lead/coached practice (1.5 hours @).

Sigh. It's never enough.

RonE
02-18-2005, 09:04 PM
Not often enough- in my better days I would usually play around 3-4 days and also hit the gym every other day I wasn't playing.

I have just gotten over a really annoying flu and I have my semestrial exams now so I hope to get back into full gear very soon.

Prizeidiot
02-19-2005, 05:18 AM
You people play a LOT. Once a week for me.... the only comp I've played in the past year has been a doubles comp.

-ernie-
02-19-2005, 05:20 AM
I play 7 days a week at least 2 hours a day. I am 14 in 8th grade and i would love to go pro also :) But right now i just want a college scholorship.

jole
02-19-2005, 05:24 AM
On the court about 5 times a week during the Spring/Summer/Fall. About 3 times during the Winter.

Carito_90
02-19-2005, 05:27 AM
Just twice a week with my profesor... and I sometimes get someone whom to hit a little with so yeah... not much, I just do it for fun :)

wimbledonfan
02-19-2005, 02:24 PM
I practice by myself against the brick wall .

tennnisgirl7
02-19-2005, 05:02 PM
2 to 4 times a week, I want to practice more though.

Adman
02-19-2005, 05:18 PM
I practice every day with my doubles partner and on Sunday I play a doubles match.

Horatio Caine
02-19-2005, 05:27 PM
Twice a week - 2 hours in each session. I play squash twice a week also so that helps with co-ordination.

When at home I normally play 2-3 times a week, 2 hours per session.

Scotso
02-19-2005, 05:33 PM
I never get to play in the winter. In the summer I try to play at least 4 times a week.

I play racquetball more than I play tennis.

Paialii
02-19-2005, 06:09 PM
My dad got me started playing tennis around the time I turned four, and because we lived near a park with about twelve tennis courts, he'd have me out there every day for about three to four hours or more. He was my coach (he's played all his life, has been trained by pros, knows the game well) up until I turned ten when I started working with an actual professional coach. I had the aspiration to go pro I guess you could say. Heh, even made the newspaper a few times when I was little.

Anyway, when I started working with my new coach, it'd be about three hours with him every day after school. On days off (or summer break/vacation days) we'd spend up to six hours on the court. Never a day off unless I was too sick to walk or injured. Unfortunately, about two weeks after my 14th birthday, I severely injured my right knee and had to get surgery. From then on I couldn't train as hard, and so the amount of playing and the hopes for ever going pro went down. Now (I'm 18) I work with younger kids and coaching them, plus my younger brother, who is now eight, is serious about the sport, so I'm his hitting partner sometimes when HE has to spend four/five hours out there a day on the courts with my dad and his coach. :)

aIrSaMpRaS14
02-19-2005, 06:31 PM
7 days a week, around 4 hours a day. Played for 13-14 years for almost all my life.

Some days I get off if I'm asked to do something such as analyse a match on tape which I find useful.

But yea... alot of practice

Nan Cu
02-19-2005, 07:57 PM
Seven days for week for at least two hours.

I practice by myself against the brick wall.

How long do you practice for? Do you do any specific drills?

7 days a week, around 4 hours a day. Played for 13-14 years for almost all my life. Some days I get off if I'm asked to do something such as analyse a match on tape which I find useful.

How old are you now?

Ultraman
02-19-2005, 08:45 PM
4-5 days a week, for me.

erik-the-red
02-19-2005, 09:53 PM
At least three times a week.

papasmurf11
02-20-2005, 02:30 AM
Depends but usually 6 times a week for 2-4 hours.

aceit
02-20-2005, 02:35 AM
Usually 4-5 times a week when my dad's in town (he's my coach but he goes on long business trips a lot). If he's not home probably only 2 times because those are the days of my clinics.

I wish I could play everyday, but I play like 98% of the days on summer which is great.

superpinkone37
02-20-2005, 02:49 AM
7 days a week, around 4 hours a day. Played for 13-14 years for almost all my life.

Some days I get off if I'm asked to do something such as analyse a match on tape which I find useful.

Wow that is a lot of practice :eek: But you're probably really good, so yeah :).

Leena
02-20-2005, 03:34 AM

Wow... that's way too much.

Do you have lots of chronic pains? :p

El Legenda
02-20-2005, 03:47 AM
I try to get out there daily for hour or 2....Im in college and there are courts right by my dormroom + we have school intermural tournments all the time.. play in those...i won 1 and lost in other 2 in the finals...blew it lol

tennis4you
02-20-2005, 04:15 AM
I practice usually 4 days a week... sometimes less, depending how my shoulder feels.

I hate shoulders! I can practice groundies and volleys all day, but too much serving will eventually catch up with my shoudler. It was never a problem in high school or college. But once I graduated from college I quit lifting. 2 years after that tendinitous set in on my shoudler.

I actually play more dubs now because it is less serving and I can play a lot more matches.

Leena
02-20-2005, 04:19 AM
I used to serve a few hundred times a day when I was in high school. Now that's come back to bite me in the ass. My shoulder was basically numb for a few years, so I ignored it. But lately, it keeps locking up, which isn't good. I'm afraid to know how much stuff is damaged in there.