NEW REPORT Rotterdam Tuesday [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

NEW REPORT Rotterdam Tuesday

CooCooCachoo
02-15-2005, 05:04 PM
Hey :cool:

I am writing this report at the event itself, meaning that I have yet to attend the evening session. A report on that you can find in this thread, later. Probably not tonight when I get home though.

First of all, Players I saw today:

Roger Federer
Bohdan Ulihrach
Stanislas Wawrinka
Tomas Berdych
Fernando Verdasco
Nikolay Davydenko
Tim Henman
Nicolas Kiefer
Michael Llodra
Peter Wessels
Taylor Dent
Olivier Rochus
Feliciano Lopez
Joachim Johansson
Yeu-Tzuoo Wang
Karol Beck
Thomas Johansson
Rainer Schüttler (His coach is also coaching Yeu-Tzuoo Wang, at least for one practice session)
Radek Stepanek
David Nalbandían
Dominik Hrbaty
Ivan Ljubicic
Andrei Pavel
Sjeng Schalken
Igor Andreev
Paradorn Srichaphan
Guillermo Coría
Raemon Sluiter
Uros Vico
Björn Phau
Jonathan Erlich
Andy Ram
Cyril Suk
Pavel Vizner

No Marco :crying2: He must have really left now :sad:

Well today they didn't open Court 1 early, so I had to wait and couldn't watch much of practising. Then Jonathan Erlich & Andy Ram played their match against Uros Vico & Ivan Ljubicic. I really wanted to watch this match and the Israeli duo was quite solid and good and I hope they can go far. They are just two of the nicest guys around and I took a picture of them two together! Vico was nice enough to sign and pose afterwards, but now he's lost in both singles qualifying and doubles, must be leaving Rotterdam soon.

I had already seen Andreev, Schalken, Kiefer & Hrbaty practising before that. After the match I saw that Andrei Pavel & Tomas Berdych & Tim Henman were all practising too. But Andrei left early and said that he was sick :sad: So Tomas & Tim continued. I got Tomas' autograph and picture. He's a really friendly guy and everyone ignored him and headed for Tim (everyone but me).

After Erlich / Ram's victory I headed for centre court with Bovenbuuf, to watch David Nalbandían versus Radek Stepanek. When we arrived, Peter Wessels had just crashed out to Michael Llodra in three sets. Mika was clearly happy with his win, but shy in front of the camera.

Then David's match started, and although I was rooting for him, I never wanted him to win the match when I saw how Radek was playing. There was only one player there that deserved the victory and that was the Czech. In the first set he played some brilliant volleys, serves and passing shots. In one of his service games in the second set he suffered from some kind of mental lapse, for he hit three double faults in that game, causing him to drop serve and then Nalbandían could, with difficulty, serve it out. Nalbandían did play better in that second set, but it still was nowhere near his best. In the third set, Radek played like in the first set again and got rid off David quite easily. When David was serving at 5-0, Radek got a match point for a double bagel. Fortunately for the Argentine, Radek didn't take advantage of the opportunity offered and David held serve. I believe Radek then won his service game on love. He played extremely well and will be a tough contender for anyone playing him. He sounded a bit weird in the camera and he wasn't very comfortable speaking like that, especially when people started laughing cause they couldn't understand him.

After that, I got my Romanian flag out of the bag and started cheering for Andrei Pavel and his partner Tomas Berdych against the two local favourites, Peter Wessels & Raemon Sluiter. That was quite a disappointing match. Pavel and, especially, Berdych, were not playing well and the quarter finalists of the AO rapidly lost the first set, 1-6. Then Andrei called for the trainer and he called it quits for the match... :sad: I hope he'll play his match against Schalken anyway.

That was the last match of the day on centre court, meaning that EVERYONE was heading for Feliciano Lopez - Olivier Rochus on Court 1. I had to queue for ages to get on the escalator and then to get to the practice courts. It was too busy for me to try to get on Court 1, so I watched Andy Ram & Jonathan Erlich practising on Court 2. Karol Beck and Dominik Hrbaty were on Court 2. Just when other players were there to practise (Roger Federer, in a yellow outfit and carrying a red envelope --> the one that Yvo handed him yesterday??; Yeu-Tzuoo Wang, Roger's sparring partner for this session), we had to leave the court cause they were closing it down. I was waiting to get Karol to sign a picture and to get a new picture of him, but he wasn't fast enough to leave so I missed out :mad: Hrbaty had already gone though..

Well that leads me to where I am now.. At the computer in the Plaza here. I am anticipating the doubles match F. Lopez / Verdasco versus Andreev / Davydenko. And after that I will go to watch Ancic - Dent. I have not seen Ancic practising at all this week :shrug:

Oh I also saw Joachim Johansson leaving the court. I got an autograph, but couldn't get a portrait picture. I did take two pics though, so I hope they turn out well. It was when everyone was at Court 1 and the practice courts, so it was really crowded. He had signed and posed so much that he just wanted to leave, but I managed to get hold of him (in a friendly way, that is :p) and congratulated him on taking the title in Marseille :)

Well that is it for now.. Will post something about tonight later, I hope..

:wavey:

CooCooCachoo
02-15-2005, 05:13 PM
Also, the usual: go ahead and ask anything you want to know. Stay tuned for reports on tonight's matches. Very tired :zzz:

Doris Loeffel
02-15-2005, 05:44 PM
Thanks and have fun tonight - looking forward to see all your pics

ae wowww
02-15-2005, 06:11 PM
Thanks very much Martijn, I can't wait for the pics either :p!

User ID 4783
02-15-2005, 06:15 PM
sounds like you had quite an interesting day... I'm really looking forward to seeing your pics :)

Mrs. B
02-15-2005, 06:23 PM
if Roger was carrying a red envelope today and you & yvo gave him one yesterday, that must have been carol's, from Roger's site, cuz she was also trying to bring him one...

thanks for today's round up...:hug:

lunahielo
02-15-2005, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by CooCooCachoo~
He played extremely well and will be a tough contender for anyone playing him. He sounded a bit weird in the camera and he wasn't very comfortable speaking like that, especially when people started laughing cause they couldn't understand him.
Poor guy, people can be so cruel!!
I have watched him a couple of times on the Tennis Channel and was impressed with his game.

Thank you, Martijn, for the report...continue enjoying your day! :)

Sommarsverige
02-15-2005, 08:36 PM
Thanks for the great report :yeah:

CooCooCachoo
02-15-2005, 10:48 PM
Poor guy, people can be so cruel!!
I have watched him a couple of times on the Tennis Channel and was impressed with his game.

Thank you, Martijn, for the report...continue enjoying your day! :)

Well don't blame me for laughing :tape: He sounded like he was doing commentary on Al Jazeera :rolls:

CooCooCachoo
02-15-2005, 10:50 PM
I will have to post later about the night session, though I did not see much :)

I saw so many posters today :lol:

CooCooCachoo
02-15-2005, 11:38 PM
BTW Taylor Dent is nice!

No more bad mouthing Taylor :p

inkyfan
02-16-2005, 07:09 AM
pfft! He should come and play for Australia! :p :angel:

CooCooCachoo
02-16-2005, 08:24 AM
:lol: He didn't want to :p

jirobkk
02-16-2005, 08:31 AM
Hi Martijn

Once again thanks for great report.

Do you know who is Rainer Schüttler's coach. What is his name ?

FrogBurger
02-16-2005, 09:23 AM
I like your reports a lot Coocoo, makes the board much more fun to get live tidbits. hope to see your photos, and hop you have time to contribute to my photos thread!

Horatio Caine
02-16-2005, 11:20 AM
BTW Taylor Dent is nice!

No more bad mouthing Taylor :p

Taylor is nice - I knew that a while ago. :p

Me and a friend were practising on one of the indoor courts at Nottingham and Taylor thought that he should have use of that court for practise. He asked if he could use the court and my friend, not really knowing who he was told him to push off! :o

Suffice to say, he took it well!

Thanks for the report Martijn!

Can't wait to see the pics. How did you get Joachim to fit into your lens??? :lol: I hope you enjoyed the evening matches.

Take care mate.

Jez

Meeek
02-16-2005, 12:27 PM
Alright, my short report from yesterday:

First we watched Wessels-Llodra, which was an alright match, too bad Wessels lost.

After that we went to eat at Tennis Plaza and then went to courts 1, 2 and 3 to see if anyone was practising.
No one was there, so I was afraid I wasn't lucky with my choice for Tuesda's tickets.

Saw Nalbandian-Stepanek. Stepanek played very good, great to watch. Nalbandian played ok as well, but Stepanek's serve was too strong for him.

As that match finished, I heard someone saying Lopez-Rochus has started on court 1. We rushed there and sat there for a while and watched.

I heared balls being hit at the other side, and got curious so we left Lopez-Rochus.

On court 2 J.Johansson was practising. He seemed to have a lot of fun with who I thought to be his coach... ?

Then I gazed to court 3 and saw JC.Ferrero practising. So off I went, to that court.
He was playing at the far side of the court though, so I got a bit bummed for not being able to take good pictures of him.

But, then he went off court so I waited to see if he'd pass us by. And he did. The curtains opened and there he was. All these girls "jumped" on him so I stayed back a little, taking pics and making a vid.

He was very nice, not too talkative, a bit shy.

He went to court number 1 to see Lopez against Rochus then.

And then it was time for us to leave, as we had 3 hours of travelling to come.

But a great day! Made pics and 3 short vids...very happy! :)

That was all from me ;) :wavey:

PennyThePenguin
02-16-2005, 12:55 PM
MIEK! i prefer the UNCENSORED VERSION of ur report :p and thanks for your sms-es :hug:

Eruwen
02-16-2005, 01:04 PM
Then I gazed to court 3 and saw JC.Ferrero practising. So off I went, to that court.
He was playing at the far side of the court though, so I got a bit bummed for not being able to take good pictures of him.

But, then he went off court so I waited to see if he'd pass us by. And he did. The curtains opened and there he was. All these girls "jumped" on him so I stayed back a little, taking pics and making a vid.

He was very nice, not too talkative, a bit shy.

He went to court number 1 to see Lopez against Rochus then. JC was at that match too??? :scratch: Wow... I completely missed him! Saw Fernando though, but he was there since the beginning of the match, when there was hardly anybody watching.

Meeek
02-16-2005, 02:27 PM
JC was at that match too??? :scratch: Wow... I completely missed him! Saw Fernando though, but he was there since the beginning of the match, when there was hardly anybody watching.

He entered the court at around 16.10 I think... they came from the side, out of the black curtains.

Dunno how long he stayed there though, cause that was about the time we left... so... ???

Meeek
02-16-2005, 02:31 PM
MIEK! i prefer the UNCENSORED VERSION of ur report :p and thanks for your sms-es :hug:

:lol: But you're a VIP so you get the uncensored one ;) Plus...that's my Livejournal version of the report. :p

avocadoe
02-16-2005, 02:37 PM
coocoocachoo, thanks...what fun having so much presence at a tournament. Have more fun!!!

thelma
02-16-2005, 02:38 PM
Thanks for the reports :kiss:

PennyThePenguin
02-16-2005, 02:50 PM
:lol: But you're a VIP so you get the uncensored one ;) Plus...that's my Livejournal version of the report. :p

:p :p

thanks miekiej!

RogiNie
02-16-2005, 07:49 PM
again cool report!!! :D

Lee
02-16-2005, 08:06 PM
Do you know who is Rainer Schüttler's coach. What is his name ?

Dirk Hordorff.

Lu and Wang had been training with Rainer and some other ATP players during the offseason

RonE
02-16-2005, 08:26 PM
Thank you so much for the reports CooCoo and Meek :wavey:

I haven't had the time to read all of your reports from all your days there yet but it's great to hear from people on the grounds one on one with the players. Please keep them coming :D

croat123
02-16-2005, 08:29 PM

can u tell us something about ancic vs. dent?

CooCooCachoo
02-16-2005, 09:04 PM

can u tell us something about ancic vs. dent?
I really was too tired, so I only watched like three games. Big servers, short games.. Kind of predictable altogether. Hadn't seen Mario practising at all (did see him today) Doesn't seem like he needs much practice though.

Action Jackson
02-16-2005, 09:06 PM
Coo, I asked you a question about Seppi and you never answered it.

CooCooCachoo
02-16-2005, 09:09 PM
Ah I need to tell you about yesterday night's session too..

Well I watched Pavel Vizner practise with his wife (?). He was mainly practising his serve and the ball toss. Seems like he has had problems with that aspect of his game. He was friendly afterwards :) Uros Vico & Ivan Ljubicic also practised for a short while on the court next to it.

This was all during the doubles match Feliciano Lopez / Fernando Verdasco - Igor Andreev / Nikolay Davydenko, which was a boring and extremely poor doubles match. If Feli and Fer will be Spain's new DC team, then they will never win another match 5-0, I think.. Horrible display of volleys from Verdasco. Lopez was not doing too bad, but it wasn't like he could carry the team. Also, Andreev frequently played too wild. I was glad when this match was over :yawn:

CooCooCachoo
02-16-2005, 09:10 PM
Coo, I asked you a question about Seppi and you never answered it.

I am pretty sure I did.. In the Monday thread.

Action Jackson
02-16-2005, 09:11 PM
I am pretty sure I did.. In the Monday thread.

Sorry I man it's a bit early here I'll check now. :)

CooCooCachoo
02-16-2005, 09:13 PM
OK Well if it isn't there, tell me.. I did type it out, but maybe something went wrong on the computer at the tournament.

Action Jackson
02-16-2005, 09:16 PM
OK Well if it isn't there, tell me.. I did type it out, but maybe something went wrong on the computer at the tournament.

Done. I think maybe he is a bit quiet, but as for the game not impressing you I can see how that could happen.

At least your friends Lisnard and Vicente aren't around, then again Rotterdam is a quality tournament.