Please Don't Play Dubai..... [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Please Don't Play Dubai.....

sigmagirl91
02-15-2005, 01:16 PM
David,
Please do not play Dubai. You need some R&R. No sense playing next week if your heart ain't in it. We saw the disasters that were Marseille and Rotterdam. We don't want the "bleeding" to continue. We want to see a tournament win from you but not at the expense of your health. Please....take it easy this week and practice your serve-maybe see someone about your emotional state because these losses are bordering on the ridiculous.

jazz_girl
02-15-2005, 01:23 PM
I don't know if not playing will actually help him... I guess he'll do what he wants to. Till now his next match will be a doubles with Cañas in the DC...

novanora
02-15-2005, 01:42 PM
before continuing any tourney he plays next, he should think about his late losses over. The Marseille matches are ugly, don't know the Rotterdam, but seems also crappy. And one problem is he can hardly won his 1st set in this year matches, which push much press on the later stage. hope his head can knock those problems in before keeping on the next.

*Elsie*
02-15-2005, 01:50 PM
I agree with Sigma, he shouldn't play next week. It will be better to take some time off to rest and to think. I don't want him to go over there just to pick up the starting money and to lose in the first match.

jazz_girl
02-15-2005, 01:52 PM
Maybe he doesn't care about this tournaments at all...Apart from Basel, he hasn't had good results in IS tournaments, and he did it in Basel cause he needed points for Houston. I don't know, he plays MUCH better in Masters and GS, he has to learn to play these too...

bibi_s
02-15-2005, 02:00 PM
May be we all at some point began to idealize him and thought that he will always win, that he will always bring us joy. But he is a human being like all of us and perhaps is going through some difficult time in his life. May be only the closest to him know what’s going on. But I think we do not have the right to be so demanding. We have to enjoy the moments when he plays well and hope that they are more. And I think that he really needs a break to think things over.

sigmagirl91
02-15-2005, 02:00 PM
Maybe he doesn't care about this tournaments at all...Apart from Basel, he hasn't had good results in IS tournaments, and he did it in Basel cause he needed points for Houston. I don't know, he plays MUCH better in Masters and GS, he has to learn to play these too...

That's not a good sign. Whether it's podunk or a major, he should get in the mood to play; otherwise, why show up? Appearance money doesn't mean a thing if you are not going to put in the effort to make receiving it worthwhile.

sigmagirl91
02-15-2005, 02:02 PM
May be we all at some point began to idealize him and thought that he will always win, that he will always bring us joy. But he is a human being like all of us and perhaps is going through some difficult time in his life. May be only the closest to him know what’s going on. But I think we do not have the right to be so demanding. We have to enjoy the moments when he plays well and hope that they are more. And I think that he really needs a break to think things over.

What I just said. He needs a break. He needs to get it together. We know, as well as most people on this board, that he has the potential to do something special. Unfortunately, things have been happening to hinder his progress.

jazz_girl
02-15-2005, 02:24 PM
I guess you're right. We should understand what he's going through...

*Ljubica*
02-15-2005, 02:36 PM
I guess you're right. We should understand what he's going through...

He will not play Dubai - I just spoke to Eduardo - he needs some time to think and regroup as we said. He will go home to Argentina tonight. I will go home probably tomorrow.

jazz_girl
02-15-2005, 02:40 PM
Thanks Rosie, I'll edit the calendar thread.

sigmagirl91
02-15-2005, 02:47 PM
He will not play Dubai - I just spoke to Eduardo - he needs some time to think and regroup as we said. He will go home to Argentina tonight. I will go home probably tomorrow.

He does need to get it back together. David, please get some rest. See ya in the US.

justClaudia
02-15-2005, 03:56 PM
He needs to think - and just be home I guess,with the ones that really love him.

He's good,that is not even a question..He can do big things,and he will -just focus David!

sigmagirl91
02-15-2005, 04:18 PM
For real. Just focus.

Iza
02-19-2005, 11:19 AM
It's a good sign tho. i suppose he thinks he shouldn't go to tournaments just for a few thousand bucks and lose and take the place of a player who is motivated and who desires to win. good thinking. he has to rest a bit and come back to power in the American Masters in March and in the DC tie.
Take care David :kiss: .