Carolinita
02-15-2005, 02:09 PM
David :sad:

jazz_girl
02-15-2005, 02:13 PM
I don't get it :rolleyes:

Elwing
02-15-2005, 02:13 PM
he has been loosing since 2005 started... gosh i hope he gets a grip i think he's an awesome player and i'll hate to see him walk away from the top ten... :sad:

Carolinita
02-15-2005, 02:18 PM
Stepanek is a dangerous guy in first rounds....I'm sorry for David....Neither I want that he goes out of the top ten

jtipson
02-15-2005, 02:19 PM
Is Nalbandian injured again?

sigmagirl91
02-15-2005, 02:20 PM
But he is out of the top ten for now-unless Johansson fails to win this week.

Neely
02-15-2005, 02:21 PM
Nalbandian's form at the Australian Open was really very good and he had a good showing there. I can understand the disappointment of his fans that he now moves on the the European indoor season and gets two early losses there.

jazz_girl
02-15-2005, 02:23 PM
he has been loosing since 2005 started... gosh i hope he gets a grip i think he's an awesome player and i'll hate to see him walk away from the top ten... :sad:
Well, if he keeps playing like this, he'll be lucky to stay in the top 20.

Elwing
02-15-2005, 02:26 PM
i haven't heard anythign about injuries, i don't think he is otherwise it would've made the headlines of the Sports Center show at ESPN... I just hope that whatever is happening to him mentally (cuz i don't think is his tennis level or the surfaces) stops soon...
He played really good tennis at AO but (i'm bad at socres and players names so sorry!) he fought a 5 set match in his AO presentation against a player that it wasn't supossed to be that hard... yet he recovered after but he was already falling... i have no clue what could be happening, I haven't heard any press conference either to hear what he claims to be the problem.. anyone have?

jtipson
02-15-2005, 02:28 PM
But he is out of the top ten for now-unless Johansson fails to win this week.

He's actually in no danger of falling out this week as nobody below him can catch up. In fact David will move up to ninth unless Joachim wins the title, because Pim Pim is defending Memphis points.

jazz_girl
02-15-2005, 02:29 PM
i haven't heard anythign about that, i don't think he is otherwise it would made the headlines of the Sports Center show at ESPN... I just hope that whatever is happening to him mentally (cuz i don't think is his tennis level or the surfaces) stops soon...
I think it's something mental too...

User id 7816
02-15-2005, 02:33 PM

well I guess it could be cause he should be able to pull off matches with guys like Dent and Stepanek, even if he's being troubled there...hopefully he gets better.

sigmagirl91
02-15-2005, 02:34 PM
Is Nalbandian injured again?

Don't know.

Neely
02-15-2005, 02:37 PM
He played really good tennis at AO but (i'm bad at socres and players names so sorry!) he fought a 5 set match in his AO presentation against a player that it wasn't supossed to be that hard...
You probably mean his match against Ferrer. Well, it was the first match for him and Ferrer has beaten him three or four times before. So maybe Ferrer is more difficult to play for him than other players. I personally didn't read too much into that result what needed him five sets to get past by Ferrer.

Carolinita
02-15-2005, 02:38 PM
David needs a kind of Lundgren too

mitalidas
02-15-2005, 02:40 PM
maybe we took stepanek too lightly. he was never going to be a pushover (and it turns out, wasn't)

jazz_girl
02-15-2005, 02:45 PM
I'm not saying Stepanek is a bad player at all, in fact, I think he's really good and difficult to play. But David was 1 point away of being baggled, and that's just because he wasn't playing with his head, he was somewhere else. He helped Stepanek to win the match.

Carolinita
02-15-2005, 02:54 PM
It's true that Stepanek has improved his performances since Paris Bercy 2004 and now I think is more dangerouse than some time ago, but.....why David?? :smash:

adelaide
02-15-2005, 03:12 PM
i didn't see this coming.........
but i guess it's better for Ferrero? but they havent played each other since 1999, so we'll see.

David :sad:

Puschkin
02-15-2005, 03:16 PM
but i guess it's better for Ferrero?

I am afraid not. On a fast indoor court, Stepanek (maybe even more than DN) can seriously trouble JCF who is still fighting his demons.

sigmagirl91
02-15-2005, 03:35 PM
I am afraid not. On a fast indoor court, Stepanek (maybe even more than DN) can seriously trouble JCF who is still fighting his demons.

I totally agree with you.

Golfnduck
02-15-2005, 03:40 PM
Stepanek has been playing very well this year. It's a good win for him over a top 10 player.

CooCooCachoo
02-15-2005, 04:26 PM
OK Guys I was at this match and I saw all of it. David wasn't top-notch at all and disappointed me a bit. But Radek really deserves all the credit, for having played excellent tennis. He really impressed me and with the level of play he showed today, he could go very far.

The second set loss for Stepanek can only be explained by a mental lapse in one of his service games, in which he served three double faults and thus lost the game, which was close despite of the double faults.

Carolinita
02-15-2005, 04:31 PM
thanks CooCoo ;)

CooCooCachoo
02-15-2005, 04:32 PM
No problem :p

*Ljubica*
02-15-2005, 04:44 PM
I was at the match too. David did not play well - at first I was angry but then I have spoken to him and his coach and I understand. David lost his Father just 2 months ago - they were very close and it broke his heart. Sometimes he has good days and other times the memories are too strong for him to concentrate. Maybe he needs to take more time to regroup and re-evaluate (I believe James Blake did not play for nearly 6 months after his Father passed away) - he is still mentally distraught and cannot cope with things too well.

I take nothing away from Radek - he served and volleyed well and he is a dangerous opponent. David has gone home now - he needs time with his Mother and his family. I lost my Mother at a similar age to the age David is now - it is not easy - these things take time and affect different people in different ways. He is still just a kid and my heart breaks for him just as it would for anyone in that situation.

Right now he needs his friends and fans to support and help him - not turn against him. I don't care if he drops out of the Top 10 or even the Top 20 - that is irrelevant to me. What matters to me and the people who care about him is that he recovers mentally and that will take as long as it takes. True fans don't turn their backs when a player is going through a slump - that is when they need their supporters the most.

Goodbye for now from Rotterdam. Btw - nice to have met you Martijn.

sigmagirl91
02-15-2005, 05:28 PM
I was at the match too. David did not play well - at first I was angry but then I have spoken to him and his coach and I understand. David lost his Father just 2 months ago - they were very close and it broke his heart. Sometimes he has good days and other times the memories are too strong for him to concentrate. Maybe he needs to take more time to regroup and re-evaluate (I believe James Blake did not play for nearly 6 months after his Father passed away) - he is still mentally distraught and cannot cope with things too well.

I take nothing away from Radek - he served and volleyed well and he is a dangerous opponent. David has gone home now - he needs time with his Mother and his family. I lost my Mother at a similar age to the age David is now - it is not easy - these things take time and affect different people in different ways. He is still just a kid and my heart breaks for him just as it would for anyone in that situation.

Right now he needs his friends and fans to support and help him - not turn against him. I don't care if he drops out of the Top 10 or even the Top 20 - that is irrelevant to me. What matters to me and the people who care about him is that he recovers mentally and that will take as long as it takes. True fans don't turn their backs when a player is going through a slump - that is when they need their supporters the most.

Goodbye for now from Rotterdam. Btw - nice to have met you Martijn.

Well said, Rosie. Come back soon, David. Your fans will be waiting.

Havok
02-15-2005, 06:13 PM
:retard:. Come on David, let's start winning and not looking pathetic anymore.

Havok
02-15-2005, 06:32 PM
Ok someone explain this caption for me:

"David Nalbandian (pictured) blamed temporary colour blindness on his surprise 6-2, 4-6, 6-1 first round reversal by Czech outsider Radek Stepanek at the 782,250-euros Rotterdam Open."

1) I've never heard of temporary color blindness, temporary blindness yes but not what David is saying.

2) Can it really affect you that much as to blame it for a loss? It's not like he couldn't see the ball anymore.

jazz_girl
02-15-2005, 06:34 PM
Ok someone explain this caption for me:

"David Nalbandian (pictured) blamed temporary colour blindness on his surprise 6-2, 4-6, 6-1 first round reversal by Czech outsider Radek Stepanek at the 782,250-euros Rotterdam Open."

1) I've never heard of temporary color blindness, temporary blindness yes but not what David is saying.

2) Can it really affect you that much as to blame it for a loss? It's not like he couldn't see the ball anymore.
It sounded like an excuse to me too, but Rosie was there and she complained about it too...I didn't even see the match on tv, so I can't comment on it.
If you ask me, if he really suffered it, he shouldn't have said it ;)

Havok
02-15-2005, 06:37 PM
Yes I was thinking it was an excuse as well, but all of a sudden to lose color temporarily during a match is kinda weird I find.

mitalidas
02-15-2005, 06:39 PM

no, he could see the ball
but imagine the shock. suddenly everything is minus red, blue and green. i dont think anyone could concentrate on a tennis match with that kind of a freaky health shock
i'm just surprised he didn't retire immediately (maybe he thought it would get better)

jazz_girl
02-15-2005, 06:41 PM
As I told you, it sounded like an excuse to me too, I don't think that's the reason he lost the match at all, but it could have bothered him...If you're not playing well, you're not focused, you're mind someone else, anything can distract you, I think that's what happened here.

sigmagirl91
02-15-2005, 06:41 PM
no, he could see the ball
but imagine the shock. suddenly everything is minus red, blue and green. i dont think anyone could concentrate on a tennis match with that kind of a freaky health shock
i'm just surprised he didn't retire immediately (maybe he thought it would get better)

Wow...that bad. To be honest, I don't think he could see the color of the ball either, for that matter.

mitalidas
02-15-2005, 06:46 PM
poor david
this is not quite the start to 2005 he hoped for

sigmagirl91
02-15-2005, 06:48 PM
poor david
this is not quite the start to 2005 he hoped for

No, and I still am not convinced that he's over his father's death. These things take time, and it affects people in different ways.

Corinna
02-15-2005, 06:51 PM
:eek: i am really surprised
poor david :sad:
congrats to stepanek :worship:

jazz_girl
02-15-2005, 06:52 PM
Yeah, it takes a lot of time, it has its ups and down, so we shouldn't expect much ;) We should just be happy with what he achives and support him when he's not having a good time :hug:

sigmagirl91
02-15-2005, 07:00 PM
Yeah, it takes a lot of time, it has its ups and down, so we shouldn't expect much ;) We should just be happy with what he achives and support him when he's not having a good time :hug:

This is true.

zoltan83
02-15-2005, 09:04 PM
:sad: David :sad: