Updated Rotterdam report [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Updated Rotterdam report

maratski
02-14-2005, 08:39 PM
Today I went to the tournament in Rotterdam. I was lucky enough to get in for free. ;)

At 11am I met up with the lady who got me in. We went for a quick drink in the VIP village and then I went to watch tennis. I met up with Francine on the practice courts. Andreev was warming up with Davydenko. Some of the doubles players were on the court next to it, but as always I donít remember who they are. ;)

Berdych was playing against Soderling on centre court, but that wasnít interesting imo. After Andreev Sluiter came to practice. He was followed by Coria and Ferrero who hit for like 30 minutes. Ferrero actually took time to sign for fans, but stupid me didnít go take a pic with him or get his autograph.

After that practice session I went to centre court where Srichaphan and Andreev were about to start. I watched a few games and left again. It was a bit boring. The rallies were nice, but there were also some silly errors. I knew it was going to be a long match when both players had chances and didnít take them.

Back to the practice courts where Nalbandian was with his coach. He was hitting with Schalken. They played some games and then Schalken left. He also took the time for fans. Nalbandian is popular in Rotterdam and many people wanted his autograph. He obliged, but asked us to be quick. ;) I took a pic with him and after that he left.

There was a doubles match going on on court 1. Grosjean and Llodra played against Suk and Vizner. They were in an exciting tie-break when we wanted to go there, but we had to wait till it finished. Llodra showed how good he is in doubles, but it wasnít enough to win. There were some great points being played and I have to say I would not want to be on court against him. They play dangerous tennis!!! We left after Llodra lost his serve half way through the second set and went back to centre court. We did hear him swear in French first.

Andreev and Srichaphan were in a third set. It was 4-3 I think when we came in. The match was getting more exciting as the end was near. Srichaphan put the pressure on Andreev and managed to get match points on his serve. Both match points were second serves of Igor and long rallies followed. Paradorn made an error on the first mp, Igor on the second. I would have liked to see Igor win, but maybe next time.

Next up were Coria and Sluiter. The match started immediately after the other one and we stayed for the first set. Raemon started nervous and Guille took advantage of it by breaking in the first game. The first set had some great rallies and nice points, but Guille was the better player. He served well and didnít whine at all. Heís a great player to watch imo.

After that set we went back to court 1 to see Johannson (Thomas). He won the first set 6-2 and was trailing 4-1 in the second. I watched two games before checking the practice courts. Federer was there with an unknown (for me) French speaking Swiss player. Heís even great in practice. They played some points and they were nice. I got my pic taken with him afterwards. Rogi is smart, he came out to practice while all people were watching the local hero on centre court. ;)

We headed back to court 1 to finish that match. Thomas was leading against Beck in the third set. Beck is a cutie and he looked so sweet. He got a bad line call against him and couldnít forget about it. The umpire was Dias I think and he didnít do anything about it. Beck smashed his racket, but it didnít break. He needs to meet up with Marat I think. Thomas won and then we found out Coria had just won as well.

Some doubles players were practising, so was Wessels and Nalbandian came out again. Other players I saw today:
Rochus and Dent practising together.
Stepanek was around all day. Watching, practising, watching, practising,Ö
Hrbaty getting dressed on court. I like looking at men, but sometimes they show too muchÖ;)
Kiefer practised in the morning.
Verdasco was there. He seems to have a pretty gf.

I have no pics cause I took even worse pics then last year. And yes it was with my new camera.

Iíve got a ticket for tomorrow evening and for Wednesday. They arenít good seats, cause the tournament is pretty much sold out. Iíll go sit wherever and Iíll notice when Iíll be sitting in someoneís place. ;)

Scotso
02-14-2005, 08:41 PM
Thanks for the report.

Karol needs to learn to let go, that line call cost him this match because he just can't get over things :sad:

maratski
02-14-2005, 08:42 PM
I only have three pics for you. :o

maratski
02-14-2005, 08:44 PM
I think his mom was there or at least a woman who speaks his language. She was one of 10 people there and cheering for him. He was right about the call though.

Scotso
02-14-2005, 08:54 PM
Yay a Karol pic! Thanks! :D

You should go watch his doubles match too ;) I can't wait to see him in person. Hopefully at the US Open this year! :D

She isn't young enough to be a girlfriend is she? :eek: :fiery: ;)

Carolinita
02-14-2005, 08:54 PM
Thanks for your report and for your avatar ;)

thelma
02-14-2005, 09:22 PM
Thanks for the report and pics

Carolinita
02-14-2005, 09:24 PM
oh yeah...and for your pics :p

Cris
02-14-2005, 09:25 PM
Thank you for your report and pics! :hug: Keep having fun! :yeah:

ae wowww
02-14-2005, 09:54 PM
Thanks cheerleader :D ENjoy it!

MariaV
02-14-2005, 10:06 PM
Thanks Ilhame!! :worship: :worship: :worship:

CooCooCachoo
02-14-2005, 10:31 PM
:wavey: Ilhame

I think I might have seen you, but from your report I can tell me basically missed each other a lot too.

After that set we went back to court 1 to see Johannson (Thomas). He won the first set 6-2 and was trailing 4-1 in the second. I watched two games before checking the practice courts. Federer was there with an unknown (for me) French speaking Swiss player. Heís even great in practice. They played some points and they were nice. I got my pic taken with him afterwards. Rogi is smart, he came out to practice while all people were watching the local hero on centre court.

That was Stanislas Wawrinka (Court 3), though Roger also practised with Marco Chiudinelli later.

At 11am I met up with the lady who got me in. We went for a quick drink in the VIP village and then I went to watch tennis. I met up with Francine on the practice courts. Andreev was warming up with Davydenko. Some of the doubles players were on the court next to it, but as always I donít remember who they are.

They were Jonathan Erlich & Andy Ram :D They rock :rocker2:

Francine
02-14-2005, 10:38 PM
She isn't young enough to be a girlfriend is she? :eek: :fiery: ;)

No no no, she was about 50, dont worry ;) Or do, if this means Karol likes elder ladies ;).

jole
02-14-2005, 11:04 PM
Thanks!

sol
02-14-2005, 11:55 PM
Thanks, Ilhame! :kiss:

Booshie
02-14-2005, 11:59 PM
Thank you for the report. It was great. :) Have a blast at the remainder of the tournament!

Argentine girl
02-15-2005, 02:38 AM
Thanks cheerleader for the report.
Is Nalabdnian a nice person? I mean is he nice to the fan. Did you talk to him?

Billabong
02-15-2005, 02:46 AM
Thanks a lot:hug:

jirobkk
02-15-2005, 06:01 AM
Thanks Ilhame

Vass
02-15-2005, 08:41 AM
THanks Ilhame.

Wednesday Addams
02-15-2005, 08:48 AM
Thanx for the report, Ilhame! :kiss:

PennyThePenguin
02-15-2005, 11:24 AM
thank you ilhame!! :hug:

Experimentee
02-15-2005, 02:28 PM
Thanks for the report :)
Hrbaty getting dressed on court, I would have liked to have seen that! :haha:

*Ljubica*
02-15-2005, 05:17 PM
Thanks for the report Ilhame - I'm sorry we didn't meet up. Funny - I saw the girls having their photos taken with David and I wondered if one of them was you! You probably saw me - I was the blonde in the red jumper - I was talking to Eduardo (David's coach) while he was doing the photos. Anyway - enjoy the rest of the tourney - I'm going home tomorrow now but hopefully we will meet one day soon.

Doris Loeffel
02-15-2005, 05:39 PM
Thanks

maratski
02-15-2005, 10:58 PM
I went to the tennis again tonight

I saw the first set of Henman-Kiefer. They played some nice rallies and hit some good winners, but it wasn't all that. Errors from both players and they had almost equal chances, but Tim prevailed. I left after the first set btw. There was a doubles match going on as well.

On court 1 Verdasco and Lopez won the first set when I came in. Andreev and Davydenko played better in the second set and won it easily 6-1. The Spaniards were erratic while the Russians weren't. It seemed that Igor was the better player on court. The outfits were normal and I haven't seen anything weird from the metro Spaniards. Lopez is alright, but Verdasco is not good looking imo.

I took a walk around the place and went back to centre court. Tim had just won the match and a bit later Mario and Taylor came on court. They were playing some exciting tennis and hit great winners. Both had chances, but it went to a tb. Mario won it and that was the end of my evening.

I went with my sister and best friend. It's the last time I'm going to the tennis with my sister. If she wasn't so bloody tired I would still be there. I'm going again tomorrow for the day session and I'll try to sneak in at night. ;)

joeb_uk
02-15-2005, 11:01 PM
Oh, according to uk tv/radio tim played really well?