Do you hate it when... [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Do you hate it when...

Scotso
02-14-2005, 07:37 PM
... people cheer for players the don't like or even know anything about, simply because they bet on them? In my opinion, cheering should be reserved for people you LIKE, not for hoping to get a few more fake dollars.

Nothing is more annoying that cheering for your favorite with 5 people cheering for their opponent, all the while spelling the opponent's name wrong. If you know nothing about a player, just wait for the result, don't bother cheering.

Eclectic Goddess
02-14-2005, 07:54 PM
Yes, that drives me crazy.

The only thing I hate more is people who cheer for a player based purely on their nationality, even though they know nothing about them.

Space Cowgirl
02-14-2005, 08:01 PM
I agree with you, sometimes it's so irritating to see the moronic posts in the tournament threads just because the betters' players are losing

Leena
02-14-2005, 08:01 PM
What Eclectic Goddess said...

I loathe posters who only care about players because of their nationality.

I still fail to see the significance of always mentioning nationalities about players. Who gives a poop? Except for Olympics and Davis Cup, it doesn't matter.

TheBoiledEgg
02-14-2005, 08:03 PM
... people cheer for players the don't like or even know anything about, simply because they bet on them? In my opinion, cheering should be reserved for people you LIKE, not for hoping to get a few more fake dollars.

Nothing is more annoying that cheering for your favorite with 5 people cheering for their opponent, all the while spelling the opponent's name wrong. If you know nothing about a player, just wait for the result, don't bother cheering.

I even cheer for ones i bet against :tape:

last instance tonight...... Bet for Schettler to win and cheered for Ferrero and it worked :devil:

Scotso
02-14-2005, 08:05 PM
Well that is fine if you like the player. I do that to, you don't have to bet for your faves only ;) But betting against a fave and cheering for them is just fine, you would cheer for them regardless of the betting.