Roddick, Coria, etc, etc.. [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Roddick, Coria, etc, etc..

Julio1974
02-14-2005, 07:21 PM
I am perprlexed about the comments I read here about Coria and Roddick... Coria might never become number 1, Roddick might have won a shitty tournament in San Jose, but they have achieved much much much more than most of you. Have you ever played tennis? have you ever won a tournament at anything (soccer, pool, tennis, golf, rugby, whatever)? are you the # 5 in the world in what you do? Do you know what it takes to be # 5 in the world at anything?
Everyone might have their own fav. players, but they are all great players.

Carolinita
02-14-2005, 07:46 PM
:yeah:

boliviana
02-14-2005, 08:07 PM
very well said!!! :worship: :worship:

*Viva Chile*
02-14-2005, 08:11 PM
Totally agree with you this time Julio!!!!!! :yeah:

RPH
02-14-2005, 08:21 PM
So :rolleyes: I can dislike Coria all I like and don't care about his achievements. A bit of hating never hurt anyone ;)

*Viva Chile*
02-14-2005, 08:27 PM
Julio, in any case, you don't pay much attention to the threads that makes Leena, she is all a "celebrity" here in MTF :lol:

Leena
02-14-2005, 08:31 PM
I'm #1 in the world in tennis trivia!

And I'm #8 in the Western New York tennis rankings!

I'm also #1 in your hearts!

I've even faked cramps on court like Coria and Justine!

*Viva Chile*
02-14-2005, 08:39 PM
I'm #1 in the world in tennis trivia!

And I'm #8 in the Western New York tennis rankings!

I'm also #1 in your hearts!

I've even faked cramps on court like Coria and Justine!

:bowdown: :worship: Leena :worship: :clap2: :p

Fumus
02-14-2005, 09:30 PM
umm..you are all fired..

adeegee
02-14-2005, 11:09 PM
hyung taik lee has also achieved a lot more than most of us but people dont bang on about him. its good to have a bit of rivalry it'd be boring if everyone on this forum just heaped praise on players coz they're professionals.

Eclectic Goddess
02-14-2005, 11:14 PM
I am perprlexed about the comments I read here about Coria and Roddick... Coria might never become number 1, Roddick might have won a shitty tournament in San Jose, but they have achieved much much much more than most of you. Have you ever played tennis? have you ever won a tournament at anything (soccer, pool, tennis, golf, rugby, whatever)? are you the # 5 in the world in what you do? Do you know what it takes to be # 5 in the world at anything?
You'll get used to it and learn which posters to take seriously, which to ignore, and which to revere as a Goddess despite their obvious insanity.

Love you, Leena!

tennyfan
02-14-2005, 11:51 PM
Well said, Julio.

[quote from RPH] - So I can dislike Coria all I like and don't care about his achievements. A bit of hating never hurt anyone

RPH, you're right that you can dislike Coria. But you're wrong that hating never hurt anyone. Ask the families of the innocent people who were killed on 9/11 and countless other acts of hatred.

Coleburg83
02-14-2005, 11:58 PM
I think he was talking in a sporting context tenny.

Lee
02-14-2005, 11:59 PM

Does it mean that only Sampras, Borg, JMac, etc are allowed to comment on players?

PMac, MaryJo, Chris Fowler, Brad Gilbert and whoever in Eurosport, etc better shut up?

elizabeth_c
02-15-2005, 12:09 AM
Does it mean that only Sampras, Borg, JMac, etc are allowed to comment on players?

PMac, MaryJo, Chris Fowler, Brad Gilbert and whoever in Eurosport, etc better shut up?i can't speak for the writer of this thread..HOWEVER...i think the writer just means roddick and coria are ACCOMPLISHED PLAYERS..and have succeeded where most of us have not or ever will..and that we should appreciate them for their talents..... :rolleyes:

BiancaUL
02-15-2005, 12:10 AM
Chris Fowler, Brad Gilbert [...] better shut up?

Yes.

Although that really has nothing to do with their tennis achievements or lackthereof.

mitalidas
02-15-2005, 01:22 AM
I am perprlexed about the comments I read here about Coria and Roddick... Coria might never become number 1, Roddick might have won a shitty tournament in San Jose, but they have achieved much much much more than most of you.

many here who show their scorn for other players (not just roddick or coria) do so because of these players' other attributes --faking injury, ridiculing opponents, poor sportsmanship, brash american behavior, etc.

everyone is perfectly aware that these players have reached places no one on MTF ever will. but criticising their attributes is not mutually inconsistent with recognizing that they are top players

JeLuliA88
02-15-2005, 02:03 AM
im pretty sick of ppl claiming they hate this person, hate that person for no particular reasons... or for a really lame reason. u don't even know them, and having repeated threads on these discussions just seem really pointless.

Iheartandy&roger
02-15-2005, 02:27 AM
Damn right Julio. They are all very talented and accomplished players and the ongoing blah blahs about this player and that player is just as good as toliet sewage but whatever but anyways well said Julio! :)

Lee
02-15-2005, 02:34 AM
Yes.

Although that really has nothing to do with their tennis achievements or lackthereof.

That's exactly my point. Whether people can comment on tennis player has nothing to do with they are top athelete or not.

But base on the responses here, as long as you are complaining about non-favourable posts on Roddick and/or Coria, no matter you have a valid point or not, it's good. :rolleyes:

ca1houn
02-15-2005, 06:01 AM

PMac, MaryJo, Chris Fowler, Brad Gilbert and whoever in Eurosport, etc better shut up?

agree

ca1houn
02-15-2005, 06:01 AM
Hate is to strong of a word im sorry for using it I really really really really really really dislike Roddick and Coria.

Coria is Fragile.

Roddick has disappointed me in the past before his win at the us open and I just never really like him again.

Riley Finn
02-15-2005, 02:36 PM
A person who claims that no one here achieved sth as big as tennis players without knowing posters in person is as ignorant as those who he claims to be ignorant,etc.

I certainly don't feel worse than Andy Roddick who was #1 in the world.

tennischick
02-15-2005, 03:39 PM
in other words...you'd have to have a seriously misplaced sense of your own importance to believe that an earnest exhortation to people to stop making negative posts is guranteed to make that happen?

Riley Finn
02-15-2005, 05:03 PM
I have no idea what you've just said, but yes! ;)

Adman
02-15-2005, 06:03 PM
Well said I don't think that San Jose means much.

alfonsojose
02-15-2005, 06:12 PM
I won the tong of a striper in a gay bar this weekend. I'll bet Coria and Roddick will never get such a prize :p

But you're right, Julio. That's why i love www.wtaworld.com. It's such an open, tolerant enviroment to discuss our sport :angel:

alfonsojose
02-15-2005, 06:16 PM
in other words...you'd have to have a seriously misplaced sense of your own importance to believe that an earnest exhortation to people to stop making negative posts is guranteed to make that happen?
:yeah:

jasmine(usa)
02-15-2005, 06:32 PM
[QUOTE=mitalidas]many here who show their scorn for other players (not just roddick or coria) do so because of these players' other attributes --faking injury, ridiculing opponents, poor sportsmanship, brash american behavior, etc.

I don't understand the comment about the "brash american behavior". Most of the top players are confident and animated out there on the court. I don't see why people bash other players. If you don't like them don't go to threads about that player. I personally don't dislike any players,but everyone has an opinion I guess.