Thanks, Channel 7 in Australia!! [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Thanks, Channel 7 in Australia!!

KFS
11-08-2002, 03:27 AM
Thank for the TV coverage of the Tennis Masters Cup!!

Broadcast time will be at 9.30pm, begins next Tuesday 12 Nov 2002.

;)

Jackie
11-11-2002, 04:08 AM
:):):):):)

Kat!
11-12-2002, 07:33 AM
all australians should thank lleyton hewitt i guess.... if he wasn't in it, they prob won't show it!!!

My biggest question is --> are they going to show anybody else's matches besides HEWITT???????

I hate to complain on my first ever post here (HI EVERYONE!) but I'm getting a bit annoyed at the tennis coverage in this country!

Jackie
11-12-2002, 10:06 AM
Probably just Lleyton. This is Australian TV. We don't get coverage of the Womens tournaments (other than slams) at all and with the mens, it's only Lleyton and Davis Cup

KFS
11-12-2002, 11:50 AM
There should be a day with no Potato's play though!!! :o

BTW, I can't believe they put 3 matches a day!!!

LuckyCharm
11-12-2002, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by tvkat
all australians should thank lleyton hewitt i guess.... if he wasn't in it, they prob won't show it!!!

My biggest question is --> are they going to show anybody else's matches besides HEWITT???????

I hate to complain on my first ever post here (HI EVERYONE!) but I'm getting a bit annoyed at the tennis coverage in this country!

i was thinking the exact same thing...was so happy last week when found out that will get tv coverage of the tournament...but today they only show Hewitt match and i am sure tomorrow they will only show Agassi :mad:
now just hoping that they will vary and show other players who are as talented as those two...

Kat!
11-12-2002, 03:20 PM
I really don't understand why Channel 7 does it ?!? Can anybody bring some logic into this???? The first set of the Hewitt/Costa was NOT very exciting (in my opinion) and I was thinking the Safin/Moya match would have had much more entertainment value...... DEFINITELY...

Not all Australians are Hewitt fans --> If Channel 7 bothered to buy the rights to broadcast it, why are they wasting it by just showing a few matches... and I bet if Hewitt doesn't make it to the semis, they won't show it on the weekend. I cannot begin to express my frustration...!!!!!!!!

Now all I have to say is.... THANKS A LOT CHANNEL 7....

LuckyCharm
11-13-2002, 06:20 AM
won't even get to see Marat play today either :(

not related to this, but can anybody tell me when is the sydney tournament?

Kat!
11-13-2002, 06:45 AM
marat's match would've been great......... (sigh) i wonder what they will show today...... agassi / hewitt or both?

BTW for Sydney - starting the week of 6 Jan 2003..........the adidasinternational.com site is updated for next year's tourney..

KFS
11-13-2002, 10:45 PM
Tonite (14/11/02) we will have:

Agassi vs. Ferrero
Hewitt vs. Safin

I can't ask for more this time to have a chance watching 2 of my favourites play tonite!!!

LuckyCharm
11-14-2002, 06:04 AM
GOD finally get to see Safin:)...and would not mind watching Ferrero either...i was getting tired of following the match by watching the SB

KFS
11-15-2002, 11:23 AM
What a joke!!! Channel 7 is going to show Moya vs. Costa match later instead of the live coverage....

I know why.. coz' then those commentators can speak loudly "COSTA LOST! And that means OUR OWN LLEYTON HEWITT will advance to the semis and keep his chance to defend his title!!!"

WHY?????????????? :fiery: :fiery:

Just watching the show and you can see the BLOODY JOY in their faces even though they still try to pretend.... :mad:

Experimentee
11-16-2002, 03:10 PM
The coverage of that Moya-Costa match was a disgrace. All they could talk about was whether Moya would tank the match, and kept looking for "uncharacteristic errors" that would PROVE that Moya was tanking! They didnt even make an effort to appear unbiased!
And tonight they didnt even show Moya and Ferrero even on replay! Whats the point of a Maters Cup coverage when they only show one semifinal that Hewitt is involved in? :fiery:

LuckyCharm
11-16-2002, 03:25 PM
yes Channel 7 is only showing either matches when Hewitt plays or matches that affect Hewitt (ie the Moya vs Costa)...

i was so mad when they did not show the other semi-final...
i hate it...they are always praising Lleyton as if he was some kind of God...yes he is a good player, yes he is #1 but come on they are others players just as good (or even better) than him!!!!

very disappointed at their coverage..that is all i can say!!!!!

Kat!
11-17-2002, 05:44 AM
well, I must say I made a great decision when I decided to go out and see the Moya / Ferrero match on ESPN since I don't have Foxtel at home....and now I know they didn't even show the replay.... just proves the point this coverage is absolutely useless.

spiritfullfrog
11-17-2002, 06:26 AM
Without Cable and ESPN I would be dead. :D ;)

Jackie
11-17-2002, 06:53 AM
Originally posted by LuckyCharm
yes Channel 7 is only showing either matches when Hewitt plays or matches that affect Hewitt (ie the Moya vs Costa)...

i was so mad when they did not show the other semi-final...
i hate it...they are always praising Lleyton as if he was some kind of God...yes he is a good player, yes he is #1 but come on they are others players just as good (or even better) than him!!!!

very disappointed at their coverage..that is all i can say!!!!!
If they were better than Lleyton, they would be #1