Roddick def. Saulnier 6-0 6-4 for second consecutive SAP Open title! [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Roddick def. Saulnier 6-0 6-4 for second consecutive SAP Open title!

tangerine_dream
02-14-2005, 12:19 AM
Welcome back to the winner's circle where you belong, Andy. :rocker2: This is a great way to come back after that horrible AO loss. A win is a win and after such a shaky start, you deserved to win in the end. :worship:

Can't wait till the haters show up to whine and dismiss another one of Andy's wins. :D

Leena
02-14-2005, 12:21 AM
Andy looked like a #1 player out there today. :)

joeb_uk
02-14-2005, 12:23 AM
Andy looked like a #1 player out there today. :)
Keep on cracking your great jokes ;)

LiZpHaIr
02-14-2005, 12:24 AM
Oooh....the winners circle! Only the people who can beat Saulnier are allowed in that!

Leena, I thought you hated LenaB...why is she in your avatar?

Deboogle!.
02-14-2005, 12:29 AM
:bigclap: :aparty: :woohoo: Amazing that he was able to find his form mid-tournament. Never quite seen him do that before!

Jennay
02-14-2005, 12:29 AM
:bigclap:

Carito_90
02-14-2005, 12:31 AM
ANDERER!! :woohoo: So glad to see him win a title again :)

J. Corwin
02-14-2005, 12:33 AM
:banana:

Let's keep racking up the mickey mouses titles! ;) :woohoo:

marcelwks
02-14-2005, 12:34 AM
Andy :worship:
Leena what's going on with Bovina - why she doesn't play . Is she injured ? She has nice sister :p and long legs :banana:

Nishy
02-14-2005, 12:38 AM
Good win for Andy! :bigclap:

Bilbo
02-14-2005, 12:51 AM
another "i won the title by 2 points" (pointing to enqvist) for roddick

Deboogle!.
02-14-2005, 12:53 AM

:yawn:

Jessica
02-14-2005, 12:56 AM
ANDY!!! :banana:

Neely
02-14-2005, 01:27 AM
Congrats, Andy!!!! :) Very convincing win bagelling Saulnier indoors, that doesn't happen too often ;)

Golfnduck
02-14-2005, 01:33 AM
Great job Andy!!! Very impressive performance in the finals!!! :worship: :bigclap:

Neely
02-14-2005, 01:35 AM
Bilbo, how do you always say yourself?

"If you really think that you should go and learn something about tennis" :p :lol: :yeah:

ca1houn
02-14-2005, 01:40 AM
Roddick performance in the finals was almost as Impressive as Federer bagelling of Roddick in bangkok

LiZpHaIr
02-14-2005, 01:43 AM
Sometimes all you need is a napkin...

tangerine_dream
02-14-2005, 01:44 AM
Congrats, Andy!!!! :) Very convincing win bagelling Saulnier indoors, that doesn't happen too often ;)

Yes, and their last few matches were very close score-wise, plus Andy was struggling in the first few rounds. Most of us thought he just wasn't going to win this. He didn't look ready, he didn't seem into it, he didn't look happy, etc. But the Enqvist match changed that and suddenly the old confident Andy was back and he blazed on to win, so I'm very happy about that. :D

That AO loss was a tough one to swallow and this tournament was a great opportunity for him to bounce back. I now hope that this win gives him back his confidence and we won't be seeing any more bizarre meltdowns at majors this year. *fingers crossed*

Mr.Eboni
02-14-2005, 01:48 AM
Andy did a good job today!!! :music:
hope it is the start point of his winning in 2005!!!
GOOOOO ANDY!!! :rocker:

heya
02-14-2005, 01:51 AM
Let the ostrich live a less fortunate life and see if he wins when he's physically and emotionally weak.
Safin choked away 6 match points and somehow won Australian Open.
I'm sure Hewitt remembers the 2003 Davis Cup semifinal.

Neely
02-14-2005, 01:54 AM
Roddick performance in the finals was almost as Impressive as Federer bagelling of Roddick in bangkok
Not really, but with a remarkable difference being that almost the whole forum was gloating around about this great bagel by great Federer when Andy couldn't play properly anymore because of an injured tendon in his right elbow. :retard:
Wow, what an effort this was :eek:

ca1houn
02-14-2005, 02:09 AM
and let be guess bagelling a person not even rank is

RickDaStick
02-14-2005, 02:10 AM
Roddick should grow some balls and go play with the big boys in Europe.

ca1houn
02-14-2005, 02:14 AM
Wow, what an effort this was :eek:[/QUOTE]

yes what a effort nice to see you agree

Leena
02-14-2005, 02:14 AM
Andy :worship:
Leena what's going on with Bovina - why she doesn't play . Is she injured ? She has nice sister :p and long legs :banana:
Yes, foot injury.

And her sister is so gorgeous. :hearts:

Nimomunz
02-14-2005, 03:06 AM
Give Andy a break he won fair and square!! :worship: He prob went to San Jose coz he spends a big chunk of the year abroad that whenever he can he wants to spend some time in the States. OK???

tangerine_dream
02-14-2005, 03:50 AM
Not really, but with a remarkable difference being that almost the whole forum was gloating around about this great bagel by great Federer when Andy couldn't play properly anymore because of an injured tendon in his right elbow. :retard:

lol. No kidding, right? :)

Anyhoo, here's a picture of the champ with his new candy dish. Nice to see him smiling again. Hope he keeps racking these titles up. Winning breeds winning. :banana:

http://www.sapopentennis.com/uploads/photo/A29026ABCC6F409FA4A4E2646241C32A.jpg

dukeblue5
02-14-2005, 04:17 AM
Roddick should grow some balls and go play with the big boys in Europe.

Why should he go play in Argentina or Europe when he can play in the U.S., his home country, and defend his title?

Tennis Fool
02-14-2005, 04:20 AM
I would yawn on this thread, but won't since some of the Ducks said nice things about Safin's AO win. :D

Now, time for him to play a real tournament.

tangerine_dream
02-14-2005, 04:34 AM
I would yawn on this thread, but won't since some of the Ducks said nice things about Safin's AO win. :D
Aw, how sweet.

Now, time for him to play a real tournament.
oops. Spoke too soon. ;)

trashtalk/ btw, why isn't Marat playing Memphis? Is he afraid Roddick will kick his Russian butt again? /trashtalk

Tennis Fool
02-14-2005, 05:07 AM
Aw, how sweet.
Yes, but one of those wasn't you.

oops. Spoke too soon. ;)

trashtalk/ btw, why isn't Marat playing Memphis? Is he afraid Roddick will kick his Russian butt again? /trashtalk
Duck can beat Marat 60 60 at these Duck tournaments for the next 10 years, just have to think, who holds an AO trophy and who doesn't :scratch:

heya
02-14-2005, 08:04 AM
:yawn: pathetic

Paialii
02-14-2005, 12:38 PM
Yeesh, guys. Some of you have no respect for those who you may not favor, do you?

The guy won a tournament fair and square and you're basically saying "Oh anyone can do that!" A tournament win is a tournament win, grow up and show some maturity by either giving the guy some credit, or not responding. You make yourself look extremely ignorant by bringing up Federer's win over Andy in Bangkok (with a last set as a bagel), or any other matches for that matter; different place, different time, different cirumstance.

You don't have to root for someone if you don't want to, but atleast acknowledge a well-earned (as he had to fight for it) win.

Good job, Andy.

blosson
02-14-2005, 01:28 PM
Everyone keeps bashing Roddick about being bagled by Federer in Thailand but I must remind you that he has beaten Safin in the same tournament. He has beaten Safin again in TMS Houston too.

OK, he hasn't been playing that well recently but he goes deep in almost all tournaments he's in. He sure deserve some credit.

Sjengster
02-14-2005, 04:39 PM
:yawn: pathetic

This personification of excrement has no right to call anyone else pathetic.

tangerine_dream
02-14-2005, 05:15 PM
Yes, but one of those wasn't you.

Of course I did. Don't be so silly. I congratulated all the cool Safin fans who party with the Roddick fans. Sadly, you're not one of those. :tears:

The guy won a tournament fair and square and you're basically saying "Oh anyone can do that!" A tournament win is a tournament win, grow up and show some maturity by either giving the guy some credit, or not responding. You make yourself look extremely ignorant by bringing up Federer's win over Andy in Bangkok (with a last set as a bagel), or any other matches for that matter; different place, different time, different cirumstance. You don't have to root for someone if you don't want to, but atleast acknowledge a well-earned (as he had to fight for it) win.

Hi Paialii :wavey: Great post, as always. :worship: You know, these people can whine about Andy's "mickey mouse" win all they want but like I said: winning breeds confidence which breeds winning, and after that confidence-busting disaster at AO, Andy really needed this win. No win is insignificant. :)

It reminds me of how last year when Lleyton Hewitt went on a tear at the summer hardcourts in North America. They were all "mickey mouse" tournaments and he won them all. Some people here laughed and dismissed the wins, saying "Lleyton will be shocked when he has to play real players (ie, Federer, Safin) at real tournaments." (ie, USO, AO)

Well, lo and behold, with all those meaningless wins Lleyton found his confidence and fire again and ended up winning the US Open series (which meant more $$$ for him) and it turned out that he was the only player who found himself toe-to-toe with the real players (Roger and Marat) in the last two slams.

So how about them meaningless mickey mouse tourneys with no prestige? :D

heya
02-14-2005, 09:29 PM

You got a reply now.
Go run back to Rebecca's board to post this, Repetitive Boy. :bigwave: :devil:

Fumus
02-14-2005, 09:32 PM

She can call Sjengs serve pathetic, because my grandma serves harder...right granny!! :)

Leave Heya alone..go swing on a branch you big monkey!

chitchat
02-14-2005, 09:59 PM
congrats Andy :)
that's it :yawn:

Neely
02-14-2005, 10:58 PM
Go run back to Rebecca's board to post this, Repetitive Boy. :bigwave: :devil:
"Repetitive Boy"... :rolls: :lol: :p

Iheartandy&roger
02-15-2005, 02:23 AM
:rocker2: :music: You rocked that tourney Andy keep quackin them! :D