Hewitt, Cartwright to marry Dec. 17 :eek: [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Hewitt, Cartwright to marry Dec. 17 :eek:

tennischick
02-13-2005, 08:50 PM
Bec, Lleyton name day

By Sydney Confidential's Fiona Connolly
14feb05

TIME is clearly of the essence for Bec Cartwright and Lleyton Hewitt with the fledgling couple already setting a date for their wedding.

Sticking to the breakneck speed of the couple's courtship, the pair will marry in just 10 months' time, Hewitt has told close friends.

They picked Saturday, December 17 for the big day which will take their relationship to 12 months before marriage.

The date is the first break Hewitt will get from his hectic tennis schedule and guarantees he will be in Australia.

It is also a time when actress Cartwright's Home and Away would have wound up for Christmas.

And the pair would have at least two weeks for a honeymoon before the Australian Open, signalling a year since Hewitt proposed.

As was the case with their engagement story, the wedding is expected to be sold in a magazine and TV deal with proceeds going towards an orphanage in Cambodia.

http://www.themercury.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5936,12235606%255E10431,00.html

tennischick
02-13-2005, 08:58 PM
in the meantime...http://www.thesundaymail.news.com.au/common/imagedata/0,1658,417654,00.jpg

New love is model boyfriend

13feb05
BELGIAN tennis star Kim Clijsters has shrugged off former fiance Lleyton Hewitt's engagement to TV soap star Bec Cartwright with a bit of public canoodling of her own.

Clijsters, 21, who shocked Hewitt when she suddenly dropped him in October, has been pictured getting up close and personal with a new boyfriend.

He is Belgian underwear model Luc Opdelocht, 25, whom Clijsters has been seeing for two months – about the same period of time that Hewitt and Cartwright have been serious.

The Belgian couple were seen cuddling up during the pre-qualification session of the Proximus Diamond Games in Antwerp this week.

It is Clijsters' comeback tournament after aggravating a wrist injury at the Belgian Open late last year.

Clijsters, who had been due to marry Hewitt last weekend, ended their relationship over the phone while Hewitt was in Australia relaxing between tournaments.

The news took Hewitt by surprise and he was reported to have been broken-hearted as wedding arrangements were well advanced.

What he did not know, however, was that the Belgian reception centre where the nuptials were to be held had confirmed receiving a call from Clijsters' father Leo a few days earlier, cancelling the booking.

Clijsters learned of Hewitt's engagement – he proposed to Cartwright on bended knee last month after the Australian Open – from the estranged wife of Hewitt's best friend, Adelaide Crows player Andrew McLeod.

Rachel McLeod said she phoned Kim about Lleyton because "I didn't want her hearing it from other people".

"She didn't expect it that quickly, but I don't think she could wish anything bad on anyone," Mrs McLeod said.

Opdelocht is a 1.92m, blue-eyed, brown-haired electronics teacher and former holder of the Mr Limburg title, a pageant in the region from which both he and Clijsters come.

Bart Bijnens, sports editor for local newspaper Het Belang van Limburg, said Opdelocht was a "handsome guy" and better looking than Hewitt.

http://www.thesundaymail.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5936,12230603%255E2764,00.html

ae wowww
02-13-2005, 09:02 PM
Congrats Lleyton :D:D:D !

blosson
02-13-2005, 09:02 PM
Miaw. Love is in the air...

GermanBoy
02-13-2005, 09:03 PM
Clijsters`boyfriend is a model? :eek: A foot model I think... :scratch:

Billabong
02-13-2005, 09:04 PM
Thanks for the news:)

Carito_90
02-13-2005, 09:12 PM
A foot model I think... :confused:

Belgian underwear model Luc Opdelocht

:angel:

Um anyway, congrats to both :)

jtipson
02-13-2005, 09:52 PM
I saw that pic and thought Kim was about to kiss Andy Roddick...

robinhood
02-13-2005, 10:21 PM
I just don't get it.
After four - FOUR - years together, how can they move on to other people that fast?
I'm so disappointed.

Jackie
02-13-2005, 10:58 PM

LOL. It's the hat and the head shape...but no honeymoon time for Lleyton if he really does want to win the Australian Open

Jackie
02-13-2005, 11:01 PM
By the way, I have my doubts about the wedding date article - no time for a honeymoon [see my post above], Bec's publicist doesn't know about it yet and maybe they will sell the wedding photos for the Cambodian orphans, but TV deal? WHO SELLS THEIR WEDDING TO A TV STATION?

jeanie_sin
02-13-2005, 11:16 PM
By the way, I have my doubts about the wedding date article - no time for a honeymoon [see my post above], Bec's publicist doesn't know about it yet and maybe they will sell the wedding photos for the Cambodian orphans, but TV deal? WHO SELLS THEIR WEDDING TO A TV STATION?

you'd think which of lleyton's close friends would actually spread it out to the media

who sells their wedding? trista and ryan, rob and amber, and THEM

Jackie
02-13-2005, 11:20 PM
you'd think which of lleyton's close friends would actually spread it out to the media

who sells their wedding? trista and ryan, rob and amber, and THEM

That's my point. I don't beleive a "close friend" would tell the media...and Bec and Lleyton are hardly reality tv starts LMAO. You forgot Marty and Jess

jeanie_sin
02-13-2005, 11:21 PM
That's my point. I don't beleive a "close friend" would tell the media...and Bec and Lleyton are hardly reality tv starts LMAO. You forgot Marty and Jess

LOL, i dunno who's marty and jess :o

but i think bec's a big attention seeker enough to want a televised wedding :o

joeb_uk
02-13-2005, 11:27 PM
Clijsters`boyfriend is a model? :eek: A foot model I think... :scratch:
I know, how the hell can someone who looks like that be a model? is modelling plasters or something?

Jackie
02-13-2005, 11:29 PM
LOL, i dunno who's marty and jess :o

but i think bec's a big attention seeker enough to want a televised wedding :o

Marty and Jess were on Australian Big Brother 2...and if Bec wants a televised wedding, why doesn't her publicist know about it? If you wanted something to be on TV, wouldn't your publicist be the first person you would contact?

jeanie_sin
02-14-2005, 12:01 AM
Marty and Jess were on Australian Big Brother 2...and if Bec wants a televised wedding, why doesn't her publicist know about it? If you wanted something to be on TV, wouldn't your publicist be the first person you would contact?

LOL, i dont live in oz ;)

maybe the publicist is trying to fix something BIG

sprinterluck
02-14-2005, 12:13 AM

:D maybe it's the hat. IMO, Kim's boyfriend resembles a mix of Marat (face and height) amd Pim Pim Johannson (bone structure).

Havok
02-14-2005, 12:16 AM
I lost a lot of respect for both players. It's rather disgusting and quite sad.:o

Scotso
02-14-2005, 12:16 AM
I think Kim's boyfriend is pretty ugly for a model. But then I feel a lot of models just aren't that cute. Maybe they aren't supposed to be.

I don't see why anyone gets mad at Lleyton for this, Kim is the one who dumped him ON THE PHONE.

tennisman.
02-14-2005, 12:34 AM
Congrats to Lleyton and Becky

Nimomunz
02-14-2005, 01:56 AM
I'm seriously bored with attention seekeing Ll and Becs! I mean who honestly gives a flying fuck if they marry today or next fucking week i mean it'll still be a massive mistake so there!! :yawn: :explode:

jeanie_sin
02-14-2005, 02:02 AM
I think Kim's boyfriend is pretty ugly for a model. But then I feel a lot of models just aren't that cute. Maybe they aren't supposed to be.

I don't see why anyone gets mad at Lleyton for this, Kim is the one who dumped him ON THE PHONE.

judging from what? the aussie media whose job was to protect lleyton? they quoted lleyton's friends. which friends would divulge such info?

and if you read rachel mcleod's interview, you'd know kim didnt

Jackie
02-14-2005, 03:15 AM
judging from what? the aussie media whose job was to protect lleyton? they quoted lleyton's friends. which friends would divulge such info?

and if you read rachel mcleod's interview, you'd know kim didnt

I read Rachael's interview, but didn't see anything about that...however, I don't believe the dumping over the phone, heard from un-named sources crap

Jackie
02-14-2005, 03:17 AM
I'm seriously bored with attention seekeing Ll and Becs! I mean who honestly gives a flying fuck if they marry today or next fucking week i mean it'll still be a massive mistake so there!! :yawn: :explode:

This is not them attention seeking. The New Idea thing was attention seeking. This is just the media printing crap that they know will sell

Golfnduck
02-14-2005, 03:22 AM
Quite a quick romance. Seems like Lleyton just wants to get married.

tangerine_dream
02-14-2005, 03:27 AM
I don't approve.

But Lleyton doesn't need my approval.

So congrats to him and .... her :o

jeanie_sin
02-14-2005, 04:39 AM
I read Rachael's interview, but didn't see anything about that...however, I don't believe the dumping over the phone, heard from un-named sources crap

the part where she said lleyton went to darwin shortly after the breakup. and sources were lleyton was in belgium before that

Gonzo Hates Me!
02-14-2005, 04:42 AM
at the part of the ceremony when they say

"Does anyone object?"

I think a lot of people will stand up :D

jeanie_sin
02-14-2005, 04:50 AM
at the part of the ceremony when they say

"Does anyone object?"

I think a lot of people will stand up :D

:haha: :haha: :haha:

Mimi
02-14-2005, 05:53 AM
hope that love will end till the day they are giong to marry, 10 months so long and too many things can happen, if i am hewitt, i will marry immediately, why the needs to be engaged before married :confused: :devil:

jeanie_sin
02-14-2005, 05:59 AM
hope that love will end till the day they are giong to marry, 10 months so long and too many things can happen, if i am hewitt, i will marry immediately, why the needs to be engaged before married :confused: :devil:

erm, because you need time to plan a big tv wedding? :o

Nikki♥
02-14-2005, 08:04 AM
Pffff. :rolleyes: :haha:

JeLuliA88
02-14-2005, 08:24 AM
Well, let's hope that Bec and Hewitt last till December....

Björki
02-14-2005, 10:28 AM
if anyone see a pic of Luc Opdelocht pls post here :)

Kiara
02-14-2005, 10:39 AM
they wont last till Dec 17 to get married :o

Lila
02-14-2005, 11:05 AM
they wont last till Dec 17 to get married :o

I Agree. It seems like hot, fast romance...And they're so young.

PaulieM
02-14-2005, 03:10 PM
Lleyton Hewitt to soap star Bec Cartwright

You're the love of my life
Both Home and Away
So let's tie the knot
Now I've known you 10 days
- from the bbc sports website list of sports love poems :lol:

joske
02-14-2005, 03:16 PM
everyone keeps saying Kim put an end to the relationship with no reason (well the Australian press especially tells the tale that way :confused: but I don't think she'd do it with no reason... who knows, maybe they were both already involved with their new girl- and boyfriend (well lleyton especially lol i mean COME ON he's getting married to the cow..) that would explain why they decided to blow off the wedding and all that.. maybe one of the two found out about the other.. aw well it's all speculation really lol and it's not even worth talking about cos it's their f***ing life ;)

Oh well i'll just be nice and wish them all the best in their future life together.. *ahem*

GermanBoy
02-14-2005, 03:27 PM
:angel:

Um anyway, congrats to both :)

Have red that but if I look at him... :rolleyes:

Jessica
02-14-2005, 06:09 PM
Lleyton Hewitt to soap star Bec Cartwright

You're the love of my life
Both Home and Away
So let's tie the knot
Now I've known you 10 days
- from the bbc sports website list of sports love poems :lol:
:lol:

Um...I wish Lleyton and Bec the best of luck? :o

Saumon
02-14-2005, 06:42 PM
well who cares?? it's their life! :rolleyes:

sprinterluck
02-14-2005, 07:40 PM

As you wish, here's a link to some pics of Kim and her man Luc ;)
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?p=1222706#post1222706

sprinterluck
02-17-2005, 07:07 PM

As you wish, here's a closer look at Kim's boyfriend during her match :D yesterday.

I know, how the hell can someone who looks like that be a model? is modelling plasters or something?

He looks damn good to me.:drool: If anyone can track any of his underwear modelling pictorials, please share the pics here. :p

CooCooCachoo
02-17-2005, 07:16 PM
:retard:

Sorry, but this is just :crazy: stuff.

ae wowww
02-17-2005, 07:21 PM
Wish they had stayed together-what an awesome couple...

Bet Kimmy's new bf knows bugger all about tennis :lol: Best of luck to Lleyton & Bec :yeah: Can't wait to see LH's kids :D

jasmine(usa)
02-17-2005, 07:38 PM
Wow that was quick. I was reading about them the other day and they said they hadn't even talked about any details. I guess with Lleyts time off they got the details sorted out pretty fast. Well good luck to them(and Kim's boyfriend looks better in those pictures than some I saw of him).

Jackie
02-17-2005, 11:01 PM
Can't wait to see LH's kids :D
LOL. I'm sure they will be totally hyperactive and only he will be able to keep up with them

Mimi
02-18-2005, 06:50 AM
this new man of Kim is more handsome than Hewitt :cool:

Turkeyballs Paco
02-18-2005, 01:54 PM
LOL. I'm sure they will be totally hyperactive and only he will be able to keep up with them

Yeah I can see that happening. I'm sure they would be really cute!

Nimomunz
02-19-2005, 02:24 AM
Bec and Lley should talk to Bennifer about overexposure!!! Gosh i'm so bored already!! Next case!!!! :rolleyes:

jeanie_sin
02-19-2005, 02:47 AM
Bec and Lley should talk to Bennifer about overexposure!!! Gosh i'm so bored already!! Next case!!!! :rolleyes:

agreed!

Jackie
02-19-2005, 04:31 AM

Looks like Lleyton is sick of the media exposure too :p

Where's the lovely Lleyton?

February 18, 2005

CONFIDENTIAL needs your help to identify this man seen on the arm of Home and Away popette Bec Cartwright on Wednesday night at the Opera House and, while he looks like Lleyton Hewitt, his behaviour leads us to believe that he is an imposter.

The Lleyton Hewitt Australians have come to know in recent months is a man who is happy to pose on the red carpet with his young love and publicly share the intimate moment of his proposal to her.

He was by Cartwright's side for photos after her Dancing With the Stars encore earlier this month and who can forget seeing him cuddle up with her on the couch for a chat with Naomi Robson.

Then there was the photo spread in New Idea (for which they were paid $200,000) in which they positively beamed down the lens.

But this bloke was nothing like that agreeable chap.

This bloke carried on like a princess when he was asked to pose for a photo with Cartwright, who was celebrating with castmates after the charity performance of the Vagina Monologues.

Then he carried on like a boofhead, threatening and abusing Confidential's photographer, who had been invited to the party to take social pics of the celebrations, as he sought to take a relaxed snap of the couple chatting at the bar.

"You want your go do you, you f. . .ing smartarse," he said, as he crowded in on the snapper.

"If you want your camera in one piece you better leave now."

If anyone out there knows what has become of the lovely Lleyton, please click the Have Your Say icon below and let us know.

tennischick
02-21-2005, 01:12 AM
funny article.

i wonder if this is all a stunt designed to get back at Kim for dumping him?

my prediction is that he won't be getting married to Bec in December. he couldn't possibly be that daft.

Nimomunz
02-21-2005, 02:54 AM
my prediction is that he won't be getting married to Bec in December. he couldn't possibly be that daft.
But can i face another public failed engagament????? He'll become a serial fiancee? like Jlo I'm seriously advocating a conversation between those two!!

andre rules
02-21-2005, 04:00 AM
HOW DISSAPPOINTING!!! I AM A FAN OF BOTH AND IT IS A BIG LET DOWN THAT THEY CAN JUST TOSS AWAY ALL THE LOVE THAT THEY HAD FOR EACH OTHER.MAKES ME SICK!!

star
02-21-2005, 04:09 AM
Well, let's hope that Bec and Hewitt last till December....

There are tons of them in the Lleyton thread. He's got a big following there. Go figure. :lol: I think you will be able to tell pretty easily which thread they are in. ;)

joske
02-21-2005, 04:01 PM
this new man of Kim is more handsome than Hewitt :cool:

that is so true... i heard he's an underwear model??? way to go Kimmie!!! :yeah:

tennischick
04-08-2005, 05:04 AM
http://images.news.com.au/thedailytelegraph/2930733_bechouseweb.jpg

Life's a beach in lovebirds' $4.5m pad

By LEO SCHLINK

April 8, 2005

THIS is the swish new Sydney love nest for Lleyton Hewitt and Bec Cartwright.

The couple, engaged to be married, paid an estimated $4.5 million for the seaside property on exclusive Palm Beach.

The sale was negotiated last week through agents Raine & Horne.

Hewitt, who will commute between Adelaide and Sydney when not on the international tennis tour, is expected to soon move into the house with Cartwright.

The pair announced their engagement after a whirlwind romance the morning after the world No.2 lost the centenary Australian Open final to Russian Marat Safin in January.

A Raine & Horne spokesman said the property offered "great views of the beach and the Pacific Ocean".

It is understood Home and Away star Cartwright already owns an apartment in the area.

The purchase boosts Hewitt's property portfolio to about $20 million. The Wimbledon and US Open winner paid $3.2 million for a lakeside house in Adelaide, which he currently shares with Crows footballer Andrew McLeod.

He also owns three vacant seafront blocks, valued at more than $1 million each, at Tennyson in Adelaide.

And he has outlaid a reputed $8 million for the penthouse suite of the luxury Yve Apartments on Melbourne's St Kilda Rd.

Hewitt's property expansion also has Lleyton Hewitt Marketing Pty Ltd opening an office in Toorak Rd.

Hewitt has appointed former Cricket Australia official Rob Aivotaglou as his personal manager.

Hewitt will travel between Adelaide and Sydney to team with coach Roger Rasheed.

No date has yet been set for his wedding to Cartwright, who has a $220,000 engagement ring.

Hewitt was previously engaged to Belgian tennis star Kim Clijsters.

http://dailytelegraph.news.com.au/story.jsp?sectionid=1260&storyid=2930649

Smankyou
04-08-2005, 05:30 AM
It is understood Home and Away star Cartwright already owns an apartment in the area.
haha. Co-owns with her ex-fiance.

bad gambler
04-08-2005, 05:31 AM
lucky couple

Kristen
04-08-2005, 05:36 AM
So when's Lleyton supposed to be on H&A!? I'm so excited!

Maybe I can use that half hour timeslot more productively, and watch some of WaterWorld?** :tape:

Or:
**E-Street
**Breakers
Classy.

Fee
04-08-2005, 06:04 AM
will there be v-betting available for this wedding?

safdem
04-08-2005, 06:56 AM
LOL that wud be fun

flip_fan
04-08-2005, 09:33 AM
hmmm the funny thing is Mark Philippoussis and Alexis Barbara have already confirmed to the media they will be getting married in december too!! Possibly on a beach in mexico or hawaii... although they have been together a little longer the bec&lleyton, so it would be about 14months.

Could be very interesting if bec and lleyton and alexis and mark have their weddings on the same weekend! lol, the media will be going bizerk!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v50/jillian83/wd_mar05_03.jpg

roisin
04-08-2005, 09:51 AM
wow nice gaff....

Frooty_Bazooty
04-08-2005, 11:11 AM
Kim's boyfriend is a total fox :hearts:

syd
04-08-2005, 11:24 AM
Kim's boyfriend is a total fox
they broke up.

*SKYE*
04-08-2005, 11:25 AM
Its not the marriage that has shocked me the most. Its the fact that Hewitt is GOINING HOME AND AWAY WITH BEC! Yes, he is starting an acting career!

roisin
04-08-2005, 11:40 AM
oooh i cant wait to see that!!!

Kristen
04-08-2005, 11:57 AM
Whoa! Scandal! I wonder if he'll play himself. LOL Probably. I cannot imagine this person in an acting role :p So...Hayley (Becs character) is pregnant on the show (according to tv week! It MUST be true!!) maybe it was the dashing :gag: tennis player who impregnated her? :eek:

ae wowww
04-08-2005, 12:00 PM
Congrats Lleyton :D:D Bet Kim's regretful now! Although I like her legs :p :drool:

Yasmine
04-08-2005, 12:39 PM
Whoa! Scandal! I wonder if he'll play himself. LOL Probably. I cannot imagine this person in an acting role :p So...Hayley (Becs character) is pregnant on the show (according to tv week! It MUST be true!!) maybe it was the dashing :gag: tennis player who impregnated her? :eek:

Socket
04-08-2005, 12:50 PM
hmmm the funny thing is Mark Philippoussis and Alexis Barbara have already confirmed to the media they will be getting married in december too!! Possibly on a beach in mexico or hawaii... although they have been together a little longer the bec&lleyton, so it would be about 14months.

Could be very interesting if bec and lleyton and alexis and mark have their weddings on the same weekend! lol, the media will be going bizerk!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v50/jillian83/wd_mar05_03.jpg
That's a really nice photo of them. I hope it works out -- Mark deserves something positive in his life right now.

wolfie
04-08-2005, 02:14 PM

Geniey2g
04-08-2005, 03:30 PM
they broke up.
lol, check out this excerpt from Kim's diary on her site:

The downside is that Luc and I have stopped seeing each other. We were still in the initial period of getting to know each other and it also turned out that combining my life of tournaments abroad and his engagements in Belgium was not that easy. I do hope that everyone else will be discrete about this.

See you soon,
Kim

"please be discreet about this"?? :haha: she posts it online and then asks for discretion? :D:D

lleyrules
04-08-2005, 06:52 PM
Marriage for these two can only serve one purpose - to cover up Hewitt's secret life -
He specialises in threesomes
1. Him, Kim, Hayden
2. Him, Bec, Andrew

Mimi
04-09-2005, 02:48 AM
hope that their love will last till december, bad mimi :devil: :devil:

smucav
04-09-2005, 04:05 AM
Whoa! Scandal! I wonder if he'll play himself. LOL Probably. I cannot imagine this person in an acting role :phttp://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5744,12794882%255E29277,00.htmlHewitt to make debut
08apr05

AUSTRALIAN tennis champion Lleyton Hewitt will make his acting debut alongside fiancee Bec Cartwright in the cast of Channel 7's Home and Away.

Hewitt will play himself, or as Seven's head of drama John Holmes puts it, a "mysterious" man who appears on the set of the Summer Bay diner in two episodes to be aired in June. The role may even become permanent.

Mr Holmes said the tennis ace would bring considerable star power to Home and Away, and Hewitt could be offered a full-time role.

"I think you would have to say Lleyton Hewitt at the moment is one of the hottest tennis players in the world," Mr Holmes said.

"He's a charming guy to meet.

"When he's in front of the camera, there's a quality there that comes at you and you obviously see that when he is in his element on the court.

"He's full of confidence and that confidence comes straight through."

Pairing him with Cartwright on set was a natural match and when they meet on the set, the moment would be "electric", Mr Holmes said.

"You would be stupid to pass an opportunity putting them together on the small screen and that's been granted."

"If Lleyton Hewitt wanted to be in Home and Away, we could probably squeeze (in) a role for him," Mr Holmes said.

"Maybe once the tennis is finished, maybe then he'll come along."

© The Australian

alfonsojose
04-09-2005, 05:53 PM
:lol: any nude scenes? I'd prefer to see his famous cock :drool:

alfonsojose
04-09-2005, 05:59 PM
As you wish, here's a closer look at Kim's boyfriend during her match :D yesterday.

He looks damn good to me.:drool: If anyone can track any of his underwear modelling pictorials, please share the pics here. :p
:drool: :drool: Kim :cuckoo: fisrt you dump the biggest ATP cock, and now this delicious male human creature :shrug:

uNIVERSE mAN
04-09-2005, 06:17 PM
in the meantime...http://www.thesundaymail.news.com.au/common/imagedata/0,1658,417654,00.jpg

New love is model boyfriend

13feb05
Bart Bijnens, sports editor for local newspaper Het Belang van Limburg, said Opdelocht was a "handsome guy" and better looking than Hewitt.

http://www.thesundaymail.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5936,12230603%255E2764,00.html

WTF! Bijnens taking a shot at Hewitt's looks, what does she think Clijsters is?

sprinterluck
04-09-2005, 06:30 PM
:drool: :drool: Kim :cuckoo: fisrt you dump the biggest ATP cock, and now this delicious male human creature :shrug:

:lol: Kim just refuses to commit to one man. :devil: After ending a long term relationship it's time to play the field now. :p

Luc, I'm gonna miss your droolworthy looks man. Especially those biceps. :drool:

http://img143.exs.cx/img143/1319/antwerpkimluc59lq.jpg

http://img75.exs.cx/img75/3173/ssupporters15xz.jpg

smucav
05-31-2005, 03:21 AM
http://dailytelegraph.news.com.au/story.jsp?sectionid=1266&storyid=3207800Bec will be bulging on her special day
May 31, 2005
The Daily Telegraph

BEC Cartwright will be six months pregnant, her baby bump well and truly on display, when she walks down the aisle in July this year.

The couple have set the date around Lleyton Hewitt's tennis schedule and have already booked a church and a reception venue.

Invitations were sent out this week, TV columnist Jaqueline Lee Lewes reports.

The winter nuptials fall after Wimbledon, which ends in the first week of July and before the US Open, late the following month.

In what increasingly appears to be one of the world's speediest romances, Cartwright is believed to about 16 weeks pregnant.

Hewitt was spotted at the lavish Taronga Zoo function centre overlooking Sydney Harbour earlier this month, scoping out the facilities for the reception.

The couple have said the ceremony and reception will be low-key with only immediate family and friends invited.

No word yet whether Lisa Ho, the woman who discreetly designed Cartwright's tummy-disguising Logies frock, will also design the maternity wedding gown.

While those invited are keeping mum on the details of the couple's special day, we're still awaiting ours.

Damn Australia Post.

This report was published at www.dailytelegraph.com.au

Copyright 2004 News Limited. All times AEST (GMT+10).

guida
05-31-2005, 03:28 AM
I give them 6 months. :devil:

gsm
05-31-2005, 03:53 AM
I give them 6 months. :devil:
i have faith in them. :angel:

Geniey2g
05-31-2005, 09:38 AM
lol

Fi-Fi
05-31-2005, 10:34 AM
well arent u sweet....

rub
05-31-2005, 11:37 AM
:ignore:

Kristen
05-31-2005, 11:50 AM
Hewitt was spotted at the lavish Taronga Zoo function centre overlooking Sydney Harbour earlier this month, scoping out the facilities for the reception.
I work there; in the function centre! This is the funniest thing I've read in a long time. .... and they give me the bridal table at times. Hilarious!

I wonder who paid them to call it "Lavish!"!!?? :haha: You can disguise a lot of things with that pretty view. The hole in the roof... the air conditioning problems! LOL!

trixy
05-31-2005, 12:43 PM
I'm so over Bec and Lleyton. Everywhere I go there is something Bec and Lleyton related there. I can't even walk into the newsagency anymore.

You work at Taronga Zoo Bjorkman_Girl? I'm soo jelous when I was little I wanted to live there.

Turkeyballs Paco
05-31-2005, 03:03 PM
I work there; in the function centre! This is the funniest thing I've read in a long time. .... and they give me the bridal table at times. Hilarious!

I wonder who paid them to call it "Lavish!"!!?? :haha: You can disguise a lot of things with that pretty view. The hole in the roof... the air conditioning problems! LOL!

Yeah, I was wondering how lavish a zoo could be, but what do I know about sydney? :shrug:

Sounds like it's gonna be a low-key affair, which is good. Maybe we won't be forced to hear about the wedding extravagances, although for anybody out there who wishes to never hear about Lleyton and Bec again in Aussie media, sorry, I'm sure however low-key it is, New Idea will have it covered. :p

I watched celebrity weddings on E! last weekend, and :spit: about all the couples who go crazy over making the wedding so expensive and special and different, and the marriage doesn't last anyway. That's celebrities for you. :shrug:

Kristen
05-31-2005, 03:23 PM
The view is ok ;) Esp at sunset :eek:
http://www.eurest.com.au/Second/venuesneventscasestudiestaronga.html

and omigod... look who it is! It's Bjorkman_Girl!
http://www.dawsons.com.au/Venue/AustraliaNewZealand/Australia/NewSouthWales/SydneySuburbs/TarongaCentre/ (How embarrassing!!) But yeah, it scrubs up nicely...as long as people don't look at the roof! :haha:

Geniey2g
05-31-2005, 04:08 PM

LMFAO!! See what you can see on the big day for us!!!

gsm
05-31-2005, 04:32 PM
Bjorkman_Girl , you get all the luck.

not only do you have what looks like a fun job , considering your love of animals.

but you also have your fav tennis player ;) getting married at your place of work.

should be a good day regardless. :)

Kristen
06-01-2005, 07:37 AM
I'll have to look into spycams. Maybe I can make one in the form of a button on my waiters jacket if they come here :lol:
**Disclaimer - I am not intelligent, or, inerested enough to attempt this! **

But yeah, would be a lot of fun, even if he's not a favourite (well he is... but on the OTHER list ;)) Fingers crossed eh. I swear I'd behave. It's just at tennis tournaments I scream for his opposition to win ;)

It definitely is a fun place to work, I still haven;'t taken my camera in to capture that sunset. One day!

alfonsojose
06-01-2005, 01:02 PM
Bjorkman_girl :hug: , don't forget the camera in the men's bathroom. We need to know how big it is :devil:

tennischick
06-01-2005, 02:22 PM
Bjorkman_girl :hug: , don't forget the camera in the men's bathroom. We need to know how big it is :devil:
:lol: "We" don't need to know anything. speak for yourself. ;)

Turkeyballs Paco
06-01-2005, 02:45 PM
:lol: "We" don't need to know anything. speak for yourself. ;)

:lol: No, we are pretty convinced it's massive! But take the pics anyway, if you can... :p

Socket
06-01-2005, 03:11 PM
:lol: No, we are pretty convinced it's massive! But take the pics anyway, if you can... :p
Alexandria, did you write this? I'm shocked, just shocked, I tell you! ;) ;)

Kristen
06-02-2005, 06:02 AM
eww.... if I was skillful enough to make the camera, and perverted enough to put it in the mens room *thinks of another young aussie player* I'd have to send you the entire contents of the cam...because it would just be way too traumatic to see Lleyton like that. For me, anyway. I'm sure you wouldn't mind, Alfonso :p

oooh EDIT: When I say 'another aussie player'...read it as Healey. While I don't need to see his appendage on the imaginary bathroom-cam, it would be nice to see him all dolled up in a tux. mmm....

Hagar
06-02-2005, 07:52 AM
Just read in a Belgian newspaper that Lleyton and Bec will marry on 21 July 2005!
BTW, 21 July is the Belgian national holiday. :devil:

Geniey2g
06-02-2005, 08:47 AM
Just read in a Belgian newspaper that Lleyton and Bec will marry on 21 July 2005!
BTW, 21 July is the Belgian national holiday. :devil:
Strike 3!!
Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd you're (Kim) OUT!!

PamV
06-02-2005, 12:17 PM
I thought I read that Cartwright was pregnant a while ago. Isn't that why they are getting married soon?

Fee
06-02-2005, 07:19 PM
July 21st? Is Lleyton going to skip LA then?

smucav
06-03-2005, 01:18 AM
Just read in a Belgian newspaper that Lleyton and Bec will marry on 21 July 2005! BTW, 21 July is the Belgian national holiday. :devil:http://www.sportsmediainc.com/tennisweek/index.cfm?func=showarticle&newsid=13059&bannerregion=Hewitt Sets July Wedding Date
By Tennis Week
06/02/2005

Lleyton Hewitt will follow his Wimbledon run with a walk down the aisle next month. Hewitt and 21-year-old his fiancée, Australian actress Bec Cartwright, are planning to wed on July 21st in Sydney, according to published reports in the Australian media.

Citing a source close to Cartwright, the Australian web site News.com.au reports wedding invitations have been sent to friends and family of the couple for the July 21st wedding — 18 days after the Wimbledon men's final is contested on July 3rd.

The couple, who have reportedly bought a multi-million dollar home along the Sydney beach, are expecting their first child this fall. Cartwright is four months pregnant.

The 24-year-old Hewitt has a well-earned reputation as one of the fastest players in tennis. :haha: He's a pretty quick worker off the court as well. :hysteric: The former No. 1 followed his run to the Australian Open final in January with plans for a walk down the aisle. Hewitt proposed to Cartwright following his four-set loss to Marat Safin in the Melbourne final. Though the couple had only been dating six weeks when Hewitt popped the question, they have known each other for five years, according to a joint statement they released announcing their engagement.

"Lleyton and Bec met five years ago at a Starlight Foundation charity tennis day and rekindled their relationship late last year," the statement said. "The couple were instantly committed to each other and their close connection has been well documented in the media through their public acknowledgement and mutual support. Bec proudly revealed the ring presented to her by Lleyton to overjoyed family and friends at the post-tennis final celebrations."

Last month, the couple announced Cartwright was pregnant. The impending birth announcement arrived a little more than 16 months after Hewitt popped the question to former girlfriend Kim Clijsters during a romantic boat ride around Sydney harbor in December of 2003. Hewitt and Clijsters, who had planned a February wedding, walked away from their four-year relationship in October, announcing their break-up in a statement posted on Clijsters' official web site.

Cartwright, star of the Australian soap opera "Home and Away", was a fixture in Hewitt's support box throughout the Melbourne fortnight. Both Hewitt and Cartwright ended long-term relationships late last year. Cartwright broke up with actor boyfriend Beau Brady.