Gaudio out of Brazil Open

Natasc
02-13-2005, 08:10 PM
i read now in UOL site that he's out

minutes after win the titlke he said that :eek: :o

http://www2.uol.com.br/tenisbrasil/diaadia/ult138u22234.htm

Action Jackson
02-13-2005, 08:14 PM
It's disappointing for the fans in Brazil, but it's not unexpected with the form he has shown in the last 2 weeks.

That's the problem does he turn up, put in a rubbish performance in the 1st round and then get accused of taking the money, then again he doesn't take guarantees he didn't for the summer tournaments in 2004. Or if he doesn't turn up, then it's not good, but a break would be good for him though.

Golfnduck
02-13-2005, 08:16 PM
Very disappointing. Why do players do that after they win a tournament?

Natasc
02-13-2005, 08:20 PM
Very disappointing. Why do players do that after they win a tournament?
yeah, that's disappointing :sad:
just cause I will ask for my cousin for take the El gato sign :bigcry:

Cervantes
02-13-2005, 08:20 PM
Too bad for the tournament, but I think it's a smart move from Gaudio's point of view. Mandatory tournaments coming up, so it's good to take a week off and get some rest.

Choupi
02-13-2005, 08:24 PM
I'm perfectly aware that it is sad for those who were enjoying to see him there. But I think it is the rightest decision, given what he has physically given within the past 2 weeks. He knows he wouldn't be at his best, so he prefers retiring...Wise choice I should say. There are other important events coming up. He needs to rest.

Action Jackson
02-13-2005, 08:31 PM
If Gaudio turned up after winning in Buenos Aires, he would only be cheating the fans with a sub-standard performance.

Then again he probably didn't think he would win 2 tournaments in a row.

Choupi
02-13-2005, 08:35 PM
To be totally honest, I can perfectly understand that it's been a surprise. A happy one for sure but a totally unexpected one I should say.

Sommarsverige
02-13-2005, 08:41 PM
I am very glad that Gaston took this decision.
The clay court season has only just begun and he should
be aware of his health.
So for him it´s the right decision, but of course I can understand that all his
fans in Brazil are very sad about it.

Billabong
02-13-2005, 09:06 PM
We understand Gaston:hug:

Scotso
02-13-2005, 10:18 PM
I understand why he did it, but he should still be fined as he is obviously not injured.

This does make Rafael's title pursuit much easier! :D

jole
02-13-2005, 10:38 PM
This is basically 100% comfirmed? Chris Rochus gets his spot?

Scotso
02-13-2005, 10:45 PM
Rochus is in a challenger this week.

switz
02-13-2005, 11:35 PM
he played a couple of five setters at the aus open and has won 2 clay tournaments in a row with some very tough matches. playing another clay tournaments would be very foolish as he would either lose early or really put in self at risk of injury or just getting worn out at such an early point in the season.

i was amazed when i read he was playing again this week and although i understand it is frustrating for the tournament i cannot question this decison at all

TennisLurker
02-13-2005, 11:45 PM
I think he should tank in the third round, to let the brasil fans at least enjoy him a couple of matches

Bilbo
02-13-2005, 11:47 PM
the poor bloke is tired

iliketennis
02-14-2005, 05:43 AM
Dodgy Translation-

Port Sauípe (BA) Minutes after the conquest of the title em Buenos Aires, the Argentinean She spends Gaudio has announced she sweats cessation of the Brazil Abrir, whose key principal she begins on this second- fair on the coast of the Sauípe. The champ of Rolling Calf, what dispute ten departures on a interval inferior the two weeks, allegory only one pubalgia about to slight the tournament.

With the I forsake of Gaudio, the primary key of the shape on a lathe suffers alterations. Rich Mello, what by that time permanecia outside the list of pré- classified, moves up for position of the Argentinean & beginning contra the Spaniard Inn She rides, 97º of the ranking of entrances. Juan Monastic, what he should be the first rival of the Brazilian, expecting but the definition of the quality to acquaint your adverse on first a number of games.

She rides coping Flávio Saretta ago less from a week, em Viña del Sea, & has dropped for 2 sets the 1. THE Spaniard has lost the three games what dispute on period & no she wins as of October, when was on the semifinalist into the challenger of Barcelona. Last year, walked up to suffer 11 defeats pursuing, after remain with the vice into the ATP of Valência.

On the other hand, Mello she crosses optimal moment, I eat certified the recent title into the Open from to São Paul, into the Park Villa- Wolves. Two weeks after, the inhabitant of the state of São Paulo went ahead only one a number of games on Australia, where only has lost about to the Argentinean Guillermo Coriander into the room set. Em Delray Beach, new defeat on second stage, this time contra the south- African Wesley Moddie.

If you pass by beginning, Mello coping the winner of the duel among the Spaniard Felix Held & a tennis player the be defined into the qualificatório. On a prospective third a number of games, owes face the Spaniard David Blacksmith, fifth pré- classified. The tennis player of Field occupies actually the 56ª position into the ranking of entrances & the 59ª on Race.

Iza
02-14-2005, 06:53 AM
after winning bak2back titles, no wonder he's withdrawing.

SwissMister1
02-14-2005, 02:46 PM
On the draw, it says he has withdrawn due to "PUBALGIA" Is this some sort of STD from Gaston partying a little too much after his two wins? I need answers.

Choupi
02-14-2005, 02:56 PM
Obviously not...as the announcement has been made before he began partying.

ATPTOUR
02-14-2005, 03:01 PM
It's otherwise known as extremely tired legs.

Choupi
02-14-2005, 03:04 PM
Thanks for the precision.

SwissMister1
02-14-2005, 03:56 PM
Thanks, I never heard of that one before. That will be my word for the day.

Sjengster
02-14-2005, 04:05 PM
"Guillermo Coriander".... brilliant. These literal translations have a style all their own.

Choupi
02-14-2005, 04:29 PM
That's mainly why I always prefer "human" translations...

RogiFan88
02-14-2005, 04:56 PM
If Gaudio turned up after winning in Buenos Aires, he would only be cheating the fans with a sub-standard performance.

Exactly! I think Corretja talked about how difficult it is to schedule your year. No player knows how well they will do. Sampras has talked about it also. There's no magic formula. I think it's a wise decision. A reasonable fan w accept such a decision. It's smarter and better fr a health/injury pt of view.

So the player gets fined... so what?

I remember Coria playing Montreal03 after winning 3 clay titles in a row and having to fly all the way fr Europe only to retire in the first rd because of injury... he probably s have not have played Montreal and rested up instead.

It's v difficult!

RogiFan88
02-14-2005, 04:57 PM
You forgot Juan Monastic!!!! this is hilarious... and if people think translation is easy...

Action Jackson
02-14-2005, 05:02 PM
Yes, it's a problem for sure and Coria flying from Poland to Montreal after winning 3 tourneys in a row no wonder he defaulted that match, though in hindsight he should have pulled out from Sopot, as I said did he know he was going to win and be playing 3 weeks in a row consistently and winning 15 matches in that time. I don't think so.

Dirk
02-14-2005, 05:08 PM
Is he playing in Mexico? Smart move.

Action Jackson
02-14-2005, 05:17 PM
He is on the list for Acapulco.