NEW REPORT Rotterdam Qualifying Day 2 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

NEW REPORT Rotterdam Qualifying Day 2

CooCooCachoo
02-13-2005, 08:47 PM
Hey again :wavey:

Today was another day of tennis for me in Rotterdam :) Second day of qualifying! We were with quite some MTF people too; more than yesterday. I was there with Legolas, Bovenbuuf, Dutchie, Kezzi & Catchie :) And, although they were there, we didn't see Eruwen & SuperFurryAnimal :)

First of all.. The players I saw today (practising / playing / whatever :p):

Andreev, Igor
Berdych, Tomas
Black, Wayne
Chiudinelli, Marco
Coría, Guillermo
Davydenko, Nikolay
Dent, Taylor
Erlich, Jonathan
Ferrero, Juan Carlos
Grosjean, Sébastien
Henman, Tim
Hrbaty, Dominik
Johansson, Thomas
Kiefer, Nicolas
Knowle, Julian
Minar, Ivo
Nalbandían, David
Pala, Petr
Pavel, Andrei
Phau, Björn
Ram, Andy
Rochus, Olivier
Schüttler, Rainer
Seppi, Andreas
Sluiter, Raemon
Söderling, Robin
Srichaphan, Paradorn
Suk, Cyril
Ulihrach, Bohdan
Ullyett, Kevin
Vico, Uros
Vizner, Pavel
Wang, Yeu-Tzuoo
Wawrinka, Stanislas

And.. WTA Kristie Boogert :p

The day:

Anyways, when we arrived, at a bit after half past nine, the cash deck was not open yet and I could not get the tickets that were put there for me. But four of us heard from Kezzi & Catchie, who were already there, that David Nalbandían was practising on Centre Court. So I successfully tried to get in via the player's entrance and me and Bovenbuuf went to watch him. He was looking fine to me, but it was early and he was not in a great mood. Took his time for pictures and autographs though.. We were the only four fans there, at that time!

After that, we headed for the practice courts. There we saw Julian Knowle practising with Rainer Schüttler on Court 3 :) On Court 1 Ivo Minar was taking on fellow Czech Bohdan Ulihrach and I expected him to win quite easily. I didn't really want to watch this match, so I stayed at Court 3 and chatted with the other MTF people :) On court 2, Stanislas Wawrinka was practising with Olivier Rochus. And then....

Marco Chiudinelli :hearts: started to practise on Court 2 with Andreas Seppi :woohoo: On Court 3, Paradorn Srichaphan & Guillermo Coría replaced Schüttler and Knowle. And Marco remembered me from the previous day and said hi to me :bounce: So I watched him practising :)

When Marco was done, I went to watch the last set of Minar - Ulihrach and I must say that the quality of this match (Ulihrach beat Minar 4-6 7-5 6-3) was very good! I was pleased with the baseline rallies. Minar really made it too hard for himself with some unforced errors, giving Bohdan the break and therefore also the match. Bohdan was extremely solid and had good groundstrokes! I must admit that I expected Minar to qualify and maybe even win a match or two in the main draw, but he wasn't good enough today. But all credit to Bohdan, for being so solid!

The other match that I saw today was Marco's match against Yeu-Tzuoo Wang. Yeu-Tzuoo very much deserved to win the first set (6-3), after the extremely sloppy start from Marco :sad: Marco's backhand was too weak, especially at the start of the match. The Taiwanese played smart tennis by aiming at Marco's backhand. Also, Marco didn't serve well his first serve game and was trailing 3-0 in no time. The rest of the set was characterized by pretty easy service games for Marco, who actually started playing quite well. Yeu-Tzuoo made few errors and has a very boring game! Just keeps the ball in play and uses his power sometimes.. I don't like to watch him play at all.
In the second set, Marco was the better player in my opinion. He had some chances to break too, but he didn't take advantage of them. And then, he got broken :rolleyes: :retard: 6-3 6-4.. So stupid of him! He could have won the set.. Oh well, Marco loses and I will not see him again for quite a while! :( Hopefully he'll keep improving. He's got the talent, but he needs to work very hard on his backhand.

I also saw some players practising on centre court, but this wasn't very interesting at all. Just wanted to share the following:

- Juan Carlos opened up after I wished him a belated happy birthday :p He was much friendlier after that!
- Dominik Hrbaty desperately needs some deodorant! It's no problem that some people's sweat doesn't exactly smell like haute cuisine, and although technically deodorant is a luxury item, in this case it definitely wasn't!

That was it! I will be going back to Rotterdam tomorrow.. The OOP is quite disappointing, but I will be sure to watch the doubles matches on Court 1. There is also the Meet & Greet with Roger tomorrow! And I won tickets for the evening session, so I will also watch Schüttler - Ferrero and Verdasco - Davydenko!

:wavey:

CooCooCachoo
02-13-2005, 08:49 PM
Oh, Uros Vico and Stanislas Wawrinka were there to root for Marco Chiudinelli in his match. Robin Söderling was also there.

If you want to know anything about certain players (e.g. about Seppi and Schüttler's ugly lime green shoes), do ask :)

SuperFurryAnimal
02-13-2005, 08:57 PM
If you want to know anything about certain players (e.g. about Seppi and Schüttler's ugly lime green shoes), do ask :)

hey hey... stop whining about Rainer :drool: his shirt! http://members.home.nl/gvanbienen/nono.gif

Neely
02-13-2005, 08:58 PM
Good that you saw Kiefer again! :angel:
Makes me feel better if you tell me that you saw him and that is there! :angel:

LOL @ Hrbaty comment!

Cool, you saw Rainer, too! :crazy: :) Thanks for taking time writing this! :yeah:

RogiFan88
02-13-2005, 09:09 PM
hee, hee, hrbaty...

Hey coocoo, pls cheer for Juanqui for me tomorrow night!

CooCooCachoo
02-13-2005, 09:12 PM
hee, hee, hrbaty...

Hey coocoo, pls cheer for Juanqui for me tomorrow night!

:lol: I won't have a clear favourite in that match :)

JMG
02-13-2005, 09:53 PM
Did you see anything of Phau's match?

ae wowww
02-13-2005, 10:06 PM
No way that Hrbaty reeks! :lol: That is so rank :haha:

Why was Kristie Boogert there :D?

MariaV
02-13-2005, 10:19 PM
Thanks for the report Martijn! :smooch:

jole
02-13-2005, 10:53 PM
Dominik trains like a mad man obviously, and sweats amazingly profusely from what I can tell for sure. One of those situations where a deodorant probably doesn't even do any good!

RickDaStick
02-13-2005, 10:54 PM
Dominik trains like a mad man obviously, and sweats amazingly profusely from what I can tell for sure. One of those situations where a deodorant probably doesn't even do any good!

Maybe then he should try showering.

Horatio Caine
02-13-2005, 11:03 PM
Thanks for that Martijn - sounded like great fun! :)

Always makes me laugh which is good.

Maybe our Slovakian friend should be called Dominik Hrbfarty: :lol:

Scotso
02-13-2005, 11:13 PM
You didn't see Karol? :sad:

jole
02-13-2005, 11:17 PM
Maybe then he should try showering.

I'm talking about in the middle of a practice session. I guess people are expected to smell like a dozen of roses while sweat is pouring off them. :p

gsm
02-14-2005, 01:01 AM
cant get enough of your reports coo coo , simply the greatest!!!

CooCooCachoo
02-14-2005, 07:32 AM
No way that Hrbaty reeks! :lol: That is so rank :haha:

Why was Kristie Boogert there :D?

She was doing an interview with Raemon Sluiter for a Dutch regional tv channel (RTV Rijnmond)

CooCooCachoo
02-14-2005, 07:32 AM
I'm talking about in the middle of a practice session. I guess people are expected to smell like a dozen of roses while sweat is pouring off them. :p

Well, he definitely wasn't using any deodorant :p And last time, in Rosmalen, where it was hotter, he didn't smell that bad :p

CooCooCachoo
02-14-2005, 07:33 AM
Did you see anything of Phau's match?

No, I am sorry. Only walked past to see it was 6-6 (5-0) for Olivier in the first set. I was watching Marco practise ;)

CooCooCachoo
02-14-2005, 07:33 AM
You didn't see Karol? :sad:

Nope, haven't seen him in Rotterdam at all yet :shrug:

Nikki♥
02-14-2005, 09:02 AM
Thanks for your reports, I really enjoy reading them. Keep them coming, alright?! :p

Kat!
02-14-2005, 09:33 AM
another great report! thank you :) cute scene with Juanqui!!! ^^

RogiNie
02-14-2005, 09:41 AM
thanx for the report Tijn! :cool:

ataptc
02-14-2005, 10:24 AM
thanks for the report :yeah:

Meeek
02-14-2005, 10:28 AM
Whoaaa great reports!!
I'm hoping to be able to report something spectacular too after tomorrow... ;) Knowing me...it'll probably be something simple and not very exciting :lol:

ataptc
02-14-2005, 10:29 AM
Whoaaa great reports!!
I'm hoping to be able to report something spectacular too after tomorrow... ;) Knowing me...it'll probably be something simple and not very exciting :lol:
a report is still a report and will be appreciated anyhow! ;)

inkyfan
02-14-2005, 10:50 AM
Hey! Where did you see Kristie? :D

JuanChuffy007
02-14-2005, 11:09 AM
- Juan Carlos opened up after I wished him a belated happy birthday He was much friendlier after that!

:eek: Tijn, man you're so damn lucky!!!!!!!!!!

margaret_gn
02-14-2005, 11:28 AM

Any insider's goss about Thomas Johansson?

Doris Loeffel
02-14-2005, 11:55 AM
Thanks Martijn - too bad Marco lost though....

PennyThePenguin
02-14-2005, 01:23 PM
thanks martijn!! :hug:

novanora
02-14-2005, 02:05 PM
thanks, coocoo, i guess David still feels pissed off about his Marseille :p at least "not in great mood" seems he realized shouldn't be satisfied with that crappy performance ;) Bov's good luck, only 4 fans' sharing :hearts:

sorry for Marco's lost, sure he will have many winnings in the future. :)

- Dominik Hrbaty desperately needs some deodorant! It's no problem that some people's sweat doesn't exactly smell like haute cuisine, and although technically deodorant is a luxury item, in this case it definitely wasn't!
poor Dominik :lol:

expecting your tomorrow report about Meet & Greet with Roger :bounce:

Kezzi
02-14-2005, 09:05 PM
Great report Martijn!
You forgot to tell that you were right about Vizner :lol: .
I saw Vizner and Palmer against Zimonjic and another player last year in Rotterdam and I liked Vizner(at least I know now that he is Vizner :p ) and I asked some people for his name. They told me it was Palmer, so I walked around for a whole year thinking Palmer is my fav doubles player :haha: .

CooCooCachoo
02-14-2005, 10:09 PM
Any insider's goss about Thomas Johansson?

Ah, haven't seen him a lot this weekend. I am not really interested in him, so I tend to leave him alone :p

I did see him today though, actually the first that I saw. He was practising with Björn Phau and on the same court as Pavel Vizner & Cyril Suk. Took a picture of him, but you'll have to wait for that (don't have a digital camera).

CooCooCachoo
02-14-2005, 10:10 PM
Great report Martijn!
You forgot to tell that you were right about Vizner :lol: .
I saw Vizner and Palmer against Zimonjic and another player last year in Rotterdam and I liked Vizner(at least I know now that he is Vizner :p ) and I asked some people for his name. They told me it was Palmer, so I walked around for a whole year thinking Palmer is my fav doubles player :haha: .

I wanted to save you from the humiliation ;) :angel:

inkyfan
02-16-2005, 07:16 AM
pfft... then don't answer my question from the previous page then! :p

CooCooCachoo
02-16-2005, 08:22 AM
Hey! Where did you see Kristie? :D

On centre court, where she was going to do an interview with Raemon Sluiter.

CooCooCachoo
02-16-2005, 08:23 AM
pfft... then don't answer my question from the previous page then! :p

Sorry Sarah.. Must've missed it! Answered it now :nerner:

inkyfan
02-16-2005, 05:01 PM
:lol: Thanks, and cool! :D :yeah: