Guy Forget interview on L'equipe [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Guy Forget interview on L'equipe

Lindsayfan
11-06-2002, 10:35 PM
this message is for Tryphon or everyone else is from france.i know that today on L'equipe they did an interview to Guy and he talked a lot about DC final.pls can u type it out and let us know what he said?thanks a lot.

esther
11-07-2002, 06:17 AM
Vale- i dont know where this is from, i dont think its from l'equipe but someone posted it on this site so i thought u may like to see it if you haven't already!

Forget: "Us to take up the challenge" (sporever)
November 05, 2002 - in Bercy - Jean-François PATURAUD

BNP Paribas Masters finished, Guy Forget, the captain of the team of France, put itself studieusement at work. If the names of the players selected to face the Russians finally of the Davis Cut is not stopped yet, a certainty reassures it: the choice of the surface retained for the occasion is good.

Bercy from now on is finished, do you have right now an idea of the team which you will align for the final of the Davis Cut?

I did not decide yet. I saw very good things here. I would not hide you that the pair Nicolas Escudé-Fabrice Santoro did much good to me, got much pleasure to me, just like the service of Cédric Pioline. Beyond the tournament, I saw very good things with Bercy. But, it is necessary initially that I speak with the players, that I announce my choices to them and I will make you share of it later.

Do you have already an idea of what will be this final?

I saw many signs throughout this week, I prefer to interpret them as that even if I do not believe in it too much. I saw things which I liked, of the things which consolidated me in my choices. It is true that, to see Safin twice gaining Masters in three years on taraflex, allows to think that the beaten ground is perhaps finally the good choice.

And players?

The players know where the bar is located today. They know that it should be crossed and that it is high. They of it are able. Ca would have been too in vain that Kafelnikov and Safin lose with the first turn the last tournament of the year. They are too strong for, today, making this kind of things. Safin returned on its best level. I would say that it is so much better for the poster, to us maintaining to note the challenge.

Only Santoro appears able to counter it...

It is a good analysis but it is incomplete. There are many players in my team who are able to annoy and to beat Marat Safin. Even Marat Safin in great form on beaten ground.

Lindsayfan
11-07-2002, 08:21 AM
thanks a lot Esther,maybe this is a part of the interview he did for L'equipe,i dunno.i only know that he was talking about the fact Seb can beat both the russians on clay and that his players must be totally focused on Davis Cup,and he demands lot from them.
i hope Tryphon will help us! ;)

Lindsayfan
11-07-2002, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by esther
Forget: "Us to take up the challenge" (sporever)
November 05, 2002 - in Bercy -

what he's still doing in Bercy? :o

Tryphon
11-07-2002, 06:11 PM
Sorry I don't buy L'Equipe too often and you know they don't put much on their site.

Apart from the well-known FFT, Here are a few sites where you can sometimes find articles or interviews:

www.sport24.fr
www.sports.fr
www.sporever.fr

Lindsayfan
11-07-2002, 10:07 PM
oh ok :(

esther
11-08-2002, 06:09 AM
Originally posted by Lindsayfan

what he's still doing in Bercy? :o

dunno what he's still doing in bercy...:confused:

tryphon- thanks, i didn't know about the sporever site

Lindsayfan
11-08-2002, 10:35 PM
hopefully one of these sites will post this interview one day...

esther
11-09-2002, 02:30 AM
isnt there an offical l'equipe site that shoudl have it?

Lindsayfan
11-09-2002, 10:26 AM
yes they have but it's crap.if u want to read L'equipe online,u have to pay. :fiery:

esther
11-10-2002, 11:04 AM
oh ok. :(