(8) Max Mirnyi v. (WC) Brian Baker
Cyril Saulnier v. Qualifer
Antony Dupuis v. Jeff Morrison
Thomas Enqvist v. (3) Vince Spadea

(5) Xavier Malisse v. Philipp Kohlschreiber
Yen-Hsun Lu v. Qualifer
(WC) Scoville Jenkins v. Kevin Kim
Qualifer v. (2) Tommy Haas

:mad: here we go again! debs you have my sympathy! at least james is lower in my list than mardy! but still could play robby in rd2 and they added my lovely arnaud to the same section too :hysteric: :bigcry:

rue
02-12-2005, 03:27 AM
This is going to be a tough one for him because he will be playing his bestfriend and it will be nerve recking for both of them. Its a tough one, the one who is most consistent will win the match in straight sets I presume.

Éowyn
02-12-2005, 05:22 AM
to be honest on recent form i think it will probaly be james but it's a tough one to call thats for sure, and as they haven't played against each other since 2002 it's gonna be a weird game! i suspect it could well be all tie breaks. but i dunno, mardy is my joine 2nd fave player (with robby) so i won't him to win but i love james too so, :eek: it's gonna be tough so tough, could be a very interesting test of mardys mental strengh too will be very interesting to see how he does.

Come on Mardy, Robby, Arnaud, James, Jan-Mike, Andy and Tommy! think there are enough of them there?

Deboogle!.
02-12-2005, 06:27 AM
I don't know... I might have to root for James... I'm so torn I wanna cry.

pieross
02-12-2005, 06:51 AM
OMG……why met James at 1st round....
i am caught in the middle....

Aleksa's Laydee
02-12-2005, 03:03 PM
this sucks!! why are all draws mean to mardy!!!

Jennay
02-12-2005, 04:24 PM
Erm.. just get past the second round. :)

Golfnduck
02-12-2005, 06:14 PM
Really tough first round match. Not sure who I'll be rooting for.

aceit
02-12-2005, 11:24 PM
I love James, but I really really REALLY want Mardy to win atleast this match. He hasn't been getting far since the Olympics. :sad:

Éowyn
02-13-2005, 02:43 AM
the doubles sucks too!

james and mardy play jan-mike and robby :bigcry: then the winner gets the bryans :hysteric:

ataptc
02-13-2005, 12:25 PM
this sucks real bad.. i have no idea who i'll be rooting for either :(

aceit
02-13-2005, 02:59 PM
the doubles sucks too!

james and mardy play jan-mike and robby :bigcry: then the winner gets the bryans :hysteric:
:fiery: That's terrible also!!!!!

Éowyn
02-14-2005, 01:59 AM
this sucks real bad.. i have no idea who i'll be rooting for either :(

it's totally evil!

i like your av btw :)

rue
02-14-2005, 03:14 AM
Even though the draw sucks, it is a good opportunity for him to step things up and win some matches. At least to get far enough and perhaps play Andy in the 3rd round. By him getting tough draws just could help him get better prepared and get himself going. Not sure it will work this week, so we will have to see tomorrow.

ataptc
02-14-2005, 09:17 AM
it's totally evil!

i like your av btw :)
thanks, especially coming from the avy queen :)

Éowyn
02-14-2005, 10:40 PM
lol ataptc you're one of the few people who calls me that! if i believed it myself i'd change my name to it but i don't think i can claim that title just yet, my avs have not been getting half as many reps as they sued to :sad:

still i'll support mardy in rd 1 (but that was obvious coz james is not as high in my list as mardy), then rd 2 we'll have to see i dunno coz i love my robby!!

aceit
02-14-2005, 11:11 PM
Éowyn, lets just hope Mardy gets to R2. :o

aceit
02-15-2005, 01:02 AM
MARDY PLAYS NOW! :bounce: The 15 yr old Nicole Vaidisova (who is becoming a favorite of mine in the blahhh WTA tour) just won her match in less than an hour and now I'm hoping for a win from the Fish!

I really wish I could watch this on tv because it features my favorites but I'm cheering for Mardy all the way.

Golfnduck
02-15-2005, 01:11 AM
God, I'm torn. I'm pulling a little harder for Mardy, I think he really needs this win.

Éowyn
02-15-2005, 01:26 AM
well he's started well 3-0! go fishy!

J. Corwin
02-15-2005, 01:48 AM
Mardy wins first set 6-3...

but I want James to win this one. :(

Deboogle!.
02-15-2005, 02:09 AM
Nice article about Todd and Mardy from the Memphis paper
---------------------

Martin entering new phase in his life
Ex-player becomes coach to rising star Fish

By Phil Stukenborg
Contact
February 14, 2005

It's the third week in February.

The ATP Tour is making its annual stop in Memphis at The Racquet Club.

Todd Martin can't be far behind, can he?

Even though Martin retired last year after 15 years on the men's professional tour, he'll be in Memphis this week to watch the tournament through a different set of eyes, those of a coach. Martin is working with No. 6 seed Mardy Fish, a quarterfinalist in Memphis in 2003 and a semifinalist last year.

The Regions Morgan Keegan Championships, formerly the Kroger St. Jude, opens today at The Racquet Club with 32 players vying for the $128,000 first-place prize. The event, a $690,000 ATP tournament, runs through Sunday and has world No. 3 Andy Roddick as its top seed.

Martin, 34, became a fixture at The Racquet Club beginning in the early 1990s, rarely missing the tournament unless, say, a freak pickup basketball game injury intervened. From 1993 to '96 he was in every final, winning twice and finishing as runnerup twice. His losses in the finals came against former world No. 1s Jim Courier (in 1993) and Pete Sampras (in 1996).

Moving from player to coach so soon after retiring was not in Martin's grand scale plans. He'd expected to spend more time with his wife, Amy, and their 2-year-old son, Jackson Dale at their home in Ponte Vedra Beach, Fla. But Martin said one of Fish's representatives called him with a proposal that he found intriguing.

''One of his advisers said he thought Mardy was prepared to make a greater commitment to his tennis and ... I was interested,'' Martin said. ''The player-development side is something I've always been interested in.

''I talked to Mardy the next day. We both said what was on our minds and I know that he answered all my questions the right way.''

Martin, a two-time Wimbledon semifinalist and runnerup at the 1994 Australian and 1999 U.S. Opens, said he had spent his final few years on the tour ''working my hardest to mentor some of the younger guys.''

''It was, at least in part, selfishly to become a little more involved and aware of the different techniques in instruction and coaching,'' Martin said. ''But I wasn't at all prepared for that phone call and (especially) from Mardy. I felt I had made a greater impact on some other guys during the years.

''Mardy and I have had very different styles about going about our business until now. Mardy is becoming more disciplined and committed to his profession.''

Fish, who turned 23 in December, reached a career-high ranking of 17 last March. But he slipped to 37 by year's end, a fall caused partially by hip tendinitis that sidelined him for seven weeks in the spring.

Runnerup at the Olympics in Athens last summer, Fish said he wasn't too pleased with his year outside of what happened in Greece. So Fish, his father, Tom, who is a teaching professional in Vero Beach, Fla., and several of Fish's representatives talked about a new direction. It led to Martin.

''I felt like Todd was someone who played a lot like me,'' said Fish, whose lone title came in 2003 in Stockholm. ''He had the brains and the smarts on the court and that is something I can work on.

''I made the phone call knowing he had just unpacked his bags and had just had a kid. Todd's been great. He's come down to Tampa and I've gone up to Ponte Vedra.''

Fish, a Memphis semifinalist last year, said he made the call shortly after helping the U.S. to the Davis Cup final in Spain in early December. Fish said he had been impressed with Martin's willingness to help younger Americans on tour.

''I feel it's a perfect fit,'' Fish said. ''There are so many things he can add to my game mentally and strategically. This was an opportunity that I couldn't pass up. I wanted to see what could happen.''

Memphis will be the first tournament Martin has watched Fish in person. Martin, who'll spend the early part of the week at The Racquet Club, said he expects to spend about 10 to 12 weeks traveling with Fish, but said Scott Humphries will also work with Fish and do the majority of the traveling.

''The role I'll play in Mardy's career will be similar to the one Jose Higeuras played in my career: a little bit more teaching and developing of skills rather than a daily maintenance of one's game. I guess, in short, I'm doing my best to make sure five years down the road Mardy is a better player.''

Martin said a ''day-in, day-out'' coach is more involved in ''getting a win today.''

''I'd be neglecting some of my duties if I wasn't involved in that, too,'' Martin said. ''But I'm more interested in seeing him improve over the course of time.''

One who believes Fish has made a wise decision is Martin's ex-coach Dean Goldfine, who is working with Roddick.

''Todd will make an unbelievable coach because he is such a natural teacher,'' Goldfine said.

Éowyn
02-15-2005, 02:20 AM
i think he's just trying to give the match to james!

he gave him 8 chances to break him! and james took 2 of them!

6-3 2-6 what a joke! come on fishy! not that i want you to play robby if he gets through but i do want you through to at least ahve the opportunity to play him!

come on fishy! you can do it! just keep swimming!

Éowyn
02-15-2005, 02:53 AM
how many match points do you need mardy? :rolleyes:

Éowyn
02-15-2005, 03:00 AM
oh god!

Golfnduck
02-15-2005, 03:20 AM
OMG!!!! Mardy won 6-3, 2-6, 7-6 (7)
All I can say is WOW!!

aceit
02-15-2005, 03:23 AM
He needed 7, just like Safin needed on Fed. :p

Way too late considering how tired I am. Good night and congrats Mardy.

I can't believe this was only the first round. :eek:

Éowyn
02-15-2005, 03:25 AM
oh my what a weird match! it was swinging both ways (kinda like mardy :tape: ) all the way through the last few games! and taht tie break! i was gonna go nuts if he lost after all that! at least he held it together well done fishy!

i dunno about the next round but well done in this one. :)

good fishy! 6-3 2-6 7-6

Éowyn
02-15-2005, 03:28 AM
He needed 7, just like Safin needed on Fed. :p

big difference between james and fed don't ya think???

really not impressed with him for letting him pull back 2 breaks! i know he's his best mate and all but still :mad: at least he managed to hold it together in the end!

still it's 4.30 so i'm off to bed! if robby and andy do this sort of thing tomorrow i'll go mad!

rue
02-15-2005, 05:27 AM
Good to see him pull of a win like that especially after having blown all those match points. It is tough to play your best friend, but what we want to see is Mardy improve his game and move up the rankings. He has top ten potential, but I can see that he is still a bit far from that now. We will see by the middle of the year and later on how things work out.

J. Corwin
02-15-2005, 09:23 AM
hahahaha that was a funny match ;) sorry :p

congratulations for making the 2nd round though :)

ataptc
02-15-2005, 12:28 PM
nice article deb :)

lol ataptc you're one of the few people who calls me that! if i believed it myself i'd change my name to it but i don't think i can claim that title just yet, my avs have not been getting half as many reps as they sued to :sad:
awww :( i still think you're :cool: though :) wanna rep you for the fruit bowl avy but i need to spread the reps around first

Golfnduck
02-15-2005, 02:44 PM
Great win for Mardy. I thought he was going to choke the match away, which he almost did. Onto the next round at least.

Deboogle!.
02-15-2005, 02:56 PM
this is from the memphis paper
=========
Blake, sidelined on two lengthy occasions last year by injury and illness, also went three entertaining and high-level sets, fighting off six match points before succumbing to No. 6 seed Mardy Fish, 6-3, 2-6, 7-6 (7).

In the late-evening match that produced shot-making typically seen in a final, Blake and Fish went toe-to-toe -- or baseline to baseline -- exchanging groundstrokes like heavyweight boxers trade punches. Blake, unseeded because of the time he spent rehabbing and recovering, played the role of the underdog.

He gallantly fought back from a 5-2 deficit in the third set to force a tiebreaker, a common theme Monday. With Fish serving for the match at 5-4, Blake refused to give in to his close friend and doubles partner. He saved five match points in the game, including one on a running, forehand winner that brought the crowd to its feet.

In the tiebreaker, he saved a sixth match point on a return winner, but finally yielded on the seventh.

''We had hoped it was going to be a final instead of a first round,'' Fish said. ''I felt like some of the tennis out there, at times, was really good quality.

''I don't feel like I played a bad match at all. And I really don't feel that I played some of those games I lost at the end (of the match) on my serve very poorly at all.''

Blake, a Memphis finalist in 2002, saw his ranking drop nearly 60 places as a result of his time away from the court last year. From July to the end of the year he played in only three tournaments.

But Monday he looked as if he was playing at the level that had him ranked in the top 25 two years ago.

''It was encouraging to know I'm playing at that level again,'' said Blake, who will play doubles with Fish this week. ''I came up just a few points short, but he played great.

''Last week in San Jose, I didn't have a lot of confidence in my game. I was playing a lot of defense. In this match, I played my game from beginning to end.''

paige
02-15-2005, 03:23 PM
Nice article. Every time James speaks, you just start waiting for the next time he'll say something. And it sounds like he's getting a little more confident and I love hearing that.

aceit
02-15-2005, 06:47 PM
big difference between james and fed don't ya think???
Just a tad... :ras:

Jennay
02-15-2005, 08:41 PM
Yay.

Stop will the lame ass 'win the first set, drop the second like a shit for brains.' Thanks.

Win, win, win.

aceit
02-15-2005, 08:51 PM
Does anyone know when he'll play next? I know Robbie just won.

Éowyn
02-15-2005, 09:16 PM
:bigcry: mardy v robby! :bigcry: in singles and doubles now what do i do :bigcry:

aceit
02-15-2005, 09:20 PM
I don't like Robby nearly as much as you, but I DO like him. I would think of it this way ... one of your favorites is getting to the third round. :)

Éowyn
02-15-2005, 09:42 PM
well if andy gets through his match tonight it was officially mean one of my boys has to make the semis! coz robby, mardy and arnaud are all already through!

still it means that one of them has to go out!

and jan-mike/robby v mardy/james is evil too! and they get bryans so yeah have imentioned i really hate this draw!

Deboogle!.
02-15-2005, 11:06 PM
I would think of it this way ... one of your favorites is getting to the third round. :)

I would think of it this way... one of your favorites is gonna lose to Andy in the Quarters :lol:

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Éowyn
02-16-2005, 12:03 AM
I would think of it this way... one of your favorites is gonna lose to Andy in the Quarters :lol:

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

:lol: see i don't mind that! andy is easily my fave player i support him over everyone else! but mardy and robby are joint number 2 so i can't decide between them!

i think i have to go with robby and jan mike in doubles coz jan mike ranks higher in my lil list than james, so isuppose really that means i should support mardy in singles but i don't thinki can support against robby! ooooh i'm so torn my heads gonna explode!

ataptc
02-16-2005, 11:08 AM
:lol: see i don't mind that! andy is easily my fave player i support him over everyone else! but mardy and robby are joint number 2 so i can't decide between them!

i think i have to go with robby and jan mike in doubles coz jan mike ranks higher in my lil list than james, so isuppose really that means i should support mardy in singles but i don't thinki can support against robby! ooooh i'm so torn my heads gonna explode!
:hug:

Éowyn
02-16-2005, 10:00 PM
ok what happened! the scoreboard says Jan-mike/Robby are playing against Dupuis/Zib at the moment what's going on has the scoreboard been screwed up or has something happened to james and mardy i'm so confused!

aceit
02-16-2005, 10:19 PM
Maybe they got a substitution? Like a lucky loser kind of thing? :confused: :sad:

Éowyn
02-16-2005, 10:35 PM
so it is zib/dupuis not mardy/james?? or is it just a scoreboard error?

aceit
02-16-2005, 10:56 PM
I think it was Zib and Dupuis. That's my guess. :(

Éowyn
02-16-2005, 11:10 PM
which is what i think too which brings the question of who's injured?

Jennay
02-16-2005, 11:11 PM
Umm.. :scared:

Éowyn
02-16-2005, 11:14 PM
soudns bad but i hope it's james and not mardy! well actually i hope it's that someone is ill and not injured, but if someone has to be injured i don't want it to be mardy! but i don't want it to be james either gaaaahhhhh! i just hope someone is ill and not hurt! or if they are hurt it's minor....am i babbling again?

Jennay
02-16-2005, 11:16 PM
Well wait, if either James or Mardy was injured and couldn't play, wouldn't Gambill/Ginepri get a walkover? :confused:

Éowyn
02-16-2005, 11:21 PM
not if it's still first round and they warned them early enough the alternate or LL would get it

Deboogle!.
02-17-2005, 12:17 AM
It must be James :sad::sad::hysteric:

Éowyn
02-17-2005, 01:25 AM
lets hope it's just a cold or something.

Éowyn
02-17-2005, 01:28 AM
i've been thinking about it (alot actually) i reckon it may well help mardy somewhat, coz the main advantage robby has on mardy is his fitness level he is much fitter than mardy, so a day of could give him a better chance. but still i dunno! i'm thinking nice 7-6 6-7 7-6 score either way would be nice!

aceit
02-17-2005, 01:29 AM
i'm thinking nice 7-6 6-7 7-6 score either way would be nice!
Good luck with that. :p

Éowyn
02-17-2005, 01:33 AM
okay so it's unlikely but i'm allowed to dream right? how about they both decide they love each other too much and don't want to play against eachother, they can just say go to andy and ask him which one he'd rather beat in the quarters and that one wins.

Deboogle!.
02-17-2005, 01:34 AM
Sounds good to me :devil:

Éowyn
02-17-2005, 01:38 AM
i think so, he can just toss a coin or something and make it up to the other player in bed :tape: i mean ....nevermind :unsure:

Golfnduck
02-17-2005, 02:06 AM
Damn, another tough match for me. I want Mardy to win, he really needs this win. Plus, Andy and Mardy matches are very high quality.

smucav
02-17-2005, 03:45 AM
Maybe they got a substitution? Like a lucky loser kind of thing? :confused: :sad:Blake: Broken Toe (according to the draw sheet)

Zib/Dupuis were the alternate team (not lucky losers: there was no doubles qualifying)

Dinkie
02-17-2005, 09:13 AM
Gee, James just does anything to avoid playing with Mardy, doesn't he :rolleyes:

Hope Mardy beats Rob and Andy this time in Memphis. He's been overlooked the past few days I think. Everyone talking about Andy getting in shape, Agassi playing Davis Cup, while Mardy is dumped for the second tie, unfair I think.

Aleksa's Laydee
02-17-2005, 01:49 PM
poor james :sad:

Aleksa's Laydee
02-17-2005, 01:49 PM
Good Luck Mardy today, you can do it :yeah:

Deboogle!.
02-17-2005, 02:05 PM
Gee, James just does anything to avoid playing with Mardy, doesn't he :rolleyes:

Hope Mardy beats Rob and Andy this time in Memphis. He's been overlooked the past few days I think. Everyone talking about Andy getting in shape, Agassi playing Davis Cup, while Mardy is dumped for the second tie, unfair I think.

Huh? Are you seriously insulting James? after all he has been through it's amazing he can WALK let alone play tennis again... speaking of unfair.

And, it's unfair that Mardy has been ingnored and dropped from Davis Cup? I love Mardy, but his game has been in the crapper lately. He hasn't made it out of the second round since the Olympics, that's pretty abysmal. He has to prove himself again before he deserves a lot of attention. I really hope he can do that, but until he does I think he's getting what he deserves. As for the "second tie" - we haven't even won the first tie yet, no one has said anything about the potential second tie.

Aleksa's Laydee
02-17-2005, 06:30 PM
he lost...AGAIN :mad: :rolleyes:

Éowyn
02-17-2005, 06:42 PM
i would say i'm gutted but i'm kind of not i did suspect it may well go to Robby admittedly i thought it would be closer (or at least hoped it would be so much for my tie breaks :rolleyes: ) I do think Robby's superioir fitness probably played a part but who knows!

as i say i want to say i'm gutted but i can't be gutted when one of my boys wins even when it against one of my boys! i love you mardy but i love robby too! and he gets a lil more love today for winning!

aceit
02-17-2005, 06:51 PM
Mardy. :sad:

Another 2nd round loss..

Éowyn
02-17-2005, 06:55 PM
i have a confession to make! i put more vcash on robby to win than i did mardy sorry :bolt:

in my defence as i say i did suspect robby may well take it! and robby had better odds!

aceit
02-17-2005, 07:35 PM
:bigcry:

Éowyn
02-17-2005, 08:15 PM
aww don't cry aceit at least mardy can't get hammered by andy now

Jennay
02-17-2005, 09:31 PM
Erm.. just get past the second round. :)
Thanks for listening, Mardy.

rue
02-17-2005, 09:34 PM
It has been tough so far for Mardy and it is sad that he is losing early, but none of us should give up hope in him. It is just like Alicia Molik who out of the blue discovered her game at the age of 24 and broke into top ten. He is only 23 by the way and he knows that he still has got lots of work ahead of him. I'll support you Mardy all the way.

Éowyn
02-17-2005, 09:40 PM
Thanks for listening, Mardy.

:lol: i still think it's not his game that needs alot of work it's his fitness and his head, he needs to be working on the mental part of his game and his fitness, Robby may wind me up ALOT and i do mean ALOT with his results but the one thing i can never fault him on his fight he will fight for every point Mardy only seems to want to now and then. BUt i still think he'll get there keep supporting him he'll work it for us eventually :)

aceit
02-17-2005, 10:23 PM
It has been tough so far for Mardy and it is sad that he is losing early, but none of us should give up hope in him. It is just like Alicia Molik who out of the blue discovered her game at the age of 24 and broke into top ten. He is only 23 by the way and he knows that he still has got lots of work ahead of him. I'll support you Mardy all the way.
I'm not losing faith. Well, I'm used to these losses by now. :sad: And I wouldn't even compare the mens and womens game at this point.

aceit
02-17-2005, 10:57 PM
Thanks rue! I'll check it out after I'm done with my essay.

Deboogle!.
02-17-2005, 11:03 PM
You can listen to a part of an interview he did after playing James on Monday night.
I think he is heading in the right direction and taking the right approach, but it will not happen over night. It will take time.

http://www.atptennis.com/en/common/TrackItA.asp?file=http://wm.atptennis-global.speedera.net/wm.atptennis-global/fish_memphis1.wma

:retard: This isn't what Mardy talks like... This couldn't be Mardy.... no, this is JMG I think... Mardy and James didn't play in Asia last year :lol:

Stupid ATP site :smash:

aceit
02-18-2005, 01:08 AM
Yeah, that's not Mardy. :p :p :p

rue
02-18-2005, 05:03 AM
Sorry, it really is JMG. The ATP website made a mistake, though I did think that his voice did not sound like it usually does. Besides the part about the knees and being beaten in Asia, you would think that it was Mardy talking about getting himself fit and faster. I thought it was really odd.

Deboogle!.
02-18-2005, 05:42 AM
yeah.... darn ATP. Not your fault, theirs :ras:

Dinkie
02-18-2005, 10:29 AM
Huh? Are you seriously insulting James? after all he has been through it's amazing he can WALK let alone play tennis again... speaking of unfair.

And, it's unfair that Mardy has been ingnored and dropped from Davis Cup? I love Mardy, but his game has been in the crapper lately. He hasn't made it out of the second round since the Olympics, that's pretty abysmal. He has to prove himself again before he deserves a lot of attention. I really hope he can do that, but until he does I think he's getting what he deserves. As for the "second tie" - we haven't even won the first tie yet, no one has said anything about the potential second tie.

Debstah, you don't get what I wrote. I am not insulting James, I was joking about him retiring from the game (Dutch humour I guess). And about Mardy, I meant that everyone was talking about Andre joining the team and nobody was mentioning that the consequence would be that Mardy was dropped. His performance has not been ok lately but I only revered to the fact that Mardy seemed to be ignored by PatMac and the media while covering the Davis Cup Andre thingie. And by second tie I mean second match of the first round, not second round. All clear?

Deboogle!.
02-18-2005, 02:40 PM
gotcha:yeah:

Only thing is - Mardy had already been dropped. It was going to be Taylor if not Andre (and since Taylor just lost to Ancic, PMac is probably thanking his lucky stars)

I hate hate hate seeing Mardy having these kinds of problems. But nothing seems to be working. Todd saw him lose in the first round of San Jose which is why he went to Memphis (according to the Memphis paper) to help. That obviously didn't work. It's time for a sports psychologist, IMO.

smucav
02-18-2005, 03:49 PM
http://www.tennisreporters.net/scoop_021705.htmlMartin No help yet to Mardy
After Mardy Fish lost in the first round of San Jose, his new coach, Todd Martin, headed to Memphis to give him a helping hand. Not many positives happened in the results department as Fish fell 7-5, 6-1 to Robby Ginepri.

Éowyn
02-19-2005, 12:48 AM
Mardy will get there peeps have faithin him he'll do us proud evetually he just needs a lil more time! maybe a lot more but he'll do something!

funning how none of these articles can simply say robby played better damn them!

sophia_c
02-20-2005, 02:12 PM
Yeah, that's not Mardy. :p :p :p

Yeah I was going to say...believe me that is not Mardy Fish talking...nor James Blake....

sophia_c
02-20-2005, 02:16 PM
You know it seems to me that we all expect so much all the time.....the life of a pro tennis player may seem great to us but it isn't....if you are sitting and watching it can be but the daily toll of just existing takes it out of them....and if you are not right there mentally or physically it can result in exactly what Mardy is going through right now. Have a bit of faith in him please....

ataptc
02-20-2005, 02:38 PM
that is very true

sophia_c
02-20-2005, 02:47 PM
that is very true

Thanks...I am not used to people sharing my point of view on this one..... :)