The "Don't Eat Too Much BBQ" Memphis Thread! [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

The "Don't Eat Too Much BBQ" Memphis Thread!

Pages : [1] 2 3

Deboogle!.
02-12-2005, 02:28 AM
Since the draw is out.... why not start a thread :) Carry on now.

(1) Andy Roddick v. Hyung-Taik Lee
Arnaud Clement v. Qualifier
Robby Ginepri v. (WC) Zach Dailey
James Blake v. (6) Mardy Fish

(4) Jiri Novak v. Jan-Michael Gambill
Irakli Labadze v. Jonas Bjorkman
Gregory Carraz v. Kenneth Carlsen
Wayne Arthurs v. (7) Jurgen Melzer

(8) Max Mirnyi v. (WC) Brian Baker
Cyril Saulnier v. Qualifer
Antony Dupuis v. Jeff Morrison
Thomas Enqvist v. (3) Vince Spadea

(5) Xavier Malisse v. Philipp Kohlschreiber
Yen-Hsun Lu v. Qualifer
(WC) Scoville Jenkins v. Kevin Kim
Qualifer v. (2) Tommy Haas

aceit
02-12-2005, 02:31 AM
Yes, very nice title. :yeah:

Deboogle!.
02-12-2005, 02:32 AM
Glad you like it :)

snaillyyy
02-12-2005, 02:35 AM
I like it Deb :worship:

Jennay
02-12-2005, 02:36 AM
BBQ! :lick:

Win, Andy.

Tytta!.
02-12-2005, 02:45 AM
Nice draw :yeah: And nice title!

andyroxmysox12191
02-12-2005, 03:05 AM
Great title Deb :kiss:
Let's go Andy :banana:

Havok
02-12-2005, 03:20 AM
Sigh, why does he ALWAYS draw the same players in his sections.:retard: Anyways this should be an easy coast to the finals, he shouldn't lose to anyone except for maybe Haas.

Éowyn
02-12-2005, 03:36 AM
damn you i had a great thread name for this but you beat me coz i was busy making a thread for mardy and ranting about teh draw on LJ! i hate this draw even more than i hate the last one. they put arnaud in there too :sad:

martirogi
02-12-2005, 06:28 AM
everytime i see the name of this thread im going to get hungry

williaer
02-12-2005, 07:31 AM
rofl... loving the title! :worship:

interesting draw... blake vs. fish... what are the chances?! sounds like one of those charity matches with dr. phil as the ump or something!

J. Corwin
02-12-2005, 07:48 AM
Another mickey mouse title for the taking! :rocker2::banana:

superpinkone37
02-12-2005, 08:06 AM
nice title Deb :banana: :D

Black Adam
02-12-2005, 08:27 AM
I THOUGHT JOACHIM JOHANNSSON WAS THE HOLDER :confused:
I do not see him in the list

blosson
02-12-2005, 10:44 AM
You are right where is JJ? Might he be injured?

blosson
02-12-2005, 10:58 AM
I just checked the Kroger site but no news on JJ but they seem to LOVE Andy [in that site].

Deboogle!.
02-12-2005, 03:23 PM
PimPim is playing in Rotterdam instead this year - same poinst as Memphis but a much better field.

Golfnduck
02-12-2005, 06:00 PM
Love the title Deb!!!! Hopefully Andy will get further than he did last year. I'm praying for him to win.

fangirl
02-12-2005, 06:10 PM
I like the title as well, but am a little sad Justin Timberlake is not mentioned in it. After all, he is the only thing this Aussie girl knows about Memphis Tenneesee thanks to Senorita.

Deboogle!.
02-12-2005, 06:11 PM
but am a little sad Justin Timberlake is not mentioned in it.

:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o :bolt:

andyroxmysox12191
02-12-2005, 06:13 PM
:haha:

fangirl
02-12-2005, 06:16 PM
I never said I wanted his babies, just that he is all I know about Memphis.

Nimomunz
02-12-2005, 06:42 PM
Wicked cool avatar Kell........ LMFAO :worship:

smucav
02-12-2005, 08:22 PM
You are right where is JJ? Might he be injured? He chose to play in Rotterdam instead of Memphis due to the new DC schedule. Marseille to Memphis to Strasbourg to Indian Wells/Miami isn't that great; Marseille to Rotterdam to Strasbourg to Indian Wells/Miami is much better.

smucav
02-12-2005, 10:15 PM
http://www.commercialappeal.com/mca/tennis/article/0,1426,MCA_1756_3542963,00.htmlcommercialappeal.co m - Memphis, TN
Top seed Roddick, No. 2 Haas face treacherous paths
By Phil Stukenborg
February 12, 2005

Mardy Fish?

James Blake?

Andy Roddick?

Vince Spadea?

It's hard to imagine who grimaced the most upon learning his first-round opponent in next week's Regions Morgan Keegan Championships at The Racquet Club.

Officials of the $690,000 ATP Tour event, which begins Monday, posted the draw Friday night and it included its share of opening-round intrigue.

There was top seed and world No. 3 Andy Roddick meeting Korea's Hyung-Taik Lee, who nearly upset Roddick in a second-round match two years ago.

There was No. 6 seed Mardy Fish playing close friend and doubles partner James Blake, the 2002 RMKC runnerup.

And there was 19th-ranked American Vince Spadea, the tournament's No. 3 seed, experiencing a painful flashback. He's scheduled to play unseeded, but dangerous, Swede Thomas Enqvist, who upset Spadea in an opening-round match last year.

A dream list of opening-round pairings for first-year tournament director Phil Chamberlain may prove to be a nightmare for several of the event's seeded players. For those seeds in the top half of the 32-player draw, a first-round win will only bring about a tougher challenge.

''I'd say the top half is loaded,'' said Chamberlain, who takes over this year for longtime director Tommy Buford. ''There's Roddick, Blake, (Arnaud) Clement, (Robby) Ginepri, Fish, (Jiri) Novak, Jan-Michael Gambill, (Jonas) Bjorkman and Kenneth Carlsen. That's a pretty solid top half.''

The bottom half of the draw includes No. 2 seed Tommy Haas, who won his first ATP tournament here in 1999, Spadea and eighth seed Xavier Malisse, who won his first ATP tournament last week at Delray Beach, Fla. It also includes two of the tournament's three wild-card entries and three of the event's four qualifiers.

Haas, ranked 17th, opens against a to-be-determined qualifier. A win would have him opposing the winner of a match between Americans Kevin Kim and Scoville Jenkins. Jenkins, an 18-year-old wild-card entry, won the USTA Boys 18 Nationals last summer.

Haas's most difficult match could come in the quarterfinals if Malisse, the top-ranked player from Belgium, sustains the momentum from Delray Beach and advances.

The top half won't find Roddick, a semifinalist in last month's Australian Open, on cruise control. If he gets past Lee, ranked 58th, a potential second-round date with Clement awaits.

Clement, 27, has had success on indoor hardcourts, winning one of his two ATP Tour titles on the surface in 2003. Clement also has had success on outdoor hard surfaces. He was a quarterfinalist at the 2000 U.S. Open and runnerup at the 2001 Australian Open.

A Roddick-Fish quarterfinal could develop and produce an interesting storyline. Roddick is coached by Dean Goldfine, longtime coach of the recently retired Todd Martin. Martin is in his first year as a coach ... working with Fish.

If Roddick moves into the semifinals, his opponent could come from a deep pool that includes the fourth-seeded Novak, the seventh-seeded Jurgen Melzer, Gambill, Bjorkman, Carlsen or Wayne Arthurs. The unseeded Bjorkman, 32, is a former top 5 player.

While tournament officials may covet a Roddick-Haas final next Sunday, the path to the championship singles match will not be easy for either player.

Notes

Houston High sophomore Anu Bhargava, who received a wild card into the qualifying of the accompanying Cellular South Cup women's tournament, lost her first-round match to Katerina Bohmova, 6-1, 6-1, Friday. ... Former MUS and Vanderbilt player Zach Dailey, who received a wild card into the men's tournament, drew American Robby Ginepri as his first-round opponent. That match likely will be played Monday. ... The men's qualifying tournament starts today at 10 a.m.

Tennis in Memphis

What: The Regions Morgan Keegan Championships and Cellular South Cup.

Where: The Racquet Club.

When: Women's main draw starts Sunday; men start on Monday.

Copyright 2005, commercialappeal.com - Memphis, TN. All Rights Reserved.

Deboogle!.
02-13-2005, 06:31 AM
Nice article from Memphis paper :)

DEAN!!!!! :hearts: :inlove: :worship:
======

Roddick says he's not satisfied

By Phil Stukenborg
Contact
February 13, 2005

His game has reached the point, at the mature tennis age of 22, where it needs a little tweaking.

Oh, there's nothing wrong with the 150-mph serves that led to more aces, or free points, than any player in the game in 2004.

And few can argue with the heat-seeking forehand winners that routinely freeze opponents and captivate crowds.

But Andy Roddick understands that to return to the sport's No. 1 position, one he held at year's end in 2003, there'll need to be more variety, more dimension, more patience to his power-laden game.

As he prepares to play in this week's Regions Morgan Keegan Championships at The Racquet Club, Roddick, the tournament's top seed and its 2002 champion, finds himself ranked third in the world. He's nestled behind Roger Federer, the fluid Swiss superstar who beat Roddick to win Wimbledon, and Lleyton Hewitt, the Aussie counterpuncher who defeated Roddick in the Australian Open semifinals last month.

Roddick, unable to win a Grand Slam title in 2004, is serious about taking the steps necessary to fine tune his world-class game.

After last season, he dropped coach Brad Gilbert, who helped him to the No. 1 spot two years ago, and replaced him with Dean Goldfine, longtime coach of recently retired, two-time Memphis champion Todd Martin.

It was a bold move, perhaps a risky one, but a decision Roddick felt he had to make. He said his working relationship with Gilbert, Andre Agassi's former coach, had run its course.

''The results had plateaued a bit,'' Roddick said. ''It was just time to move on.''

After reaching the semifinals of the Australian Open and Wimbledon -- and winning the U.S. Open -- in 2003, Roddick advanced as far as the semifinals at only one Grand Slam event (Wimbledon) in 2004. He conceded the world's top ranking to Federer, who won three Grand Slam titles.

So Roddick turned to Goldfine, who was an assistant coach for the U.S. in Davis Cup play and at last summer's Olympic Games in Athens. Goldfine and Roddick developed an admiration for one another.

''He's worked with a couple of top 10 guys,'' Roddick said. ''We got to know each other. We got to spend some time together. I just like his whole groove.''

Goldfine, whose coaching career began 14 years ago with Mary Joe Fernandez, said he's got a similar respect for Roddick. There's the intense, driven competitor on the court and the fun-loving humanitarian outside the lines. Two weeks ago Roddick, shortly after returning from the Australian Open, participated in an exhibition in Houston that raised $518,932 for tsunami victims.

''You see the Andy Roddick around the tennis court and on the tennis court,'' Goldfine said. ''There is a different Andy Roddick off the court. On the court he is competitive, but off the court he is a great kid, and his parents have done a great job raising him, teaching him what's right and what's wrong. He's just very appreciative of things.

''For me, at this point in my life, I had a good thing going as national coach with the USTA the last few years. I got to spend more time at home. So for me to go out and spend the amount of time that I'll spend on the road again, it had to be with someone I enjoy spending time with and someone I feel I can help.''

While the player-coach relationship is in its infancy (the two began working together the week after Christmas), Goldfine has targeted areas that will receive priority in workout sessions he describes as old school. Goldfine is emphasizing movement, conditioning and volleying.

''For me, movement is 90 percent of the game, especially for guys at his level,'' Goldfine said. ''They all know how to hit the ball. It's all about positioning to where you have options for what you want to do with the ball. To me, that's the most important thing.''

Roddick was frustrated by his performance in the loss to Hewitt in Australia. Hewitt drew Roddick into lengthy rallies and won both tiebreakers in the four-set victory, overcoming 31 aces.

''I felt like I was in control of the match against Lleyton for the better part of it,'' Roddick said. ''Lleyton's going to make you step up and beat him. He doesn't give matches away. The bottom line is I didn't step up in those tiebreakers and beat him. I beat myself.

''I just kind of need to put the clamps down. I've lost two of my last three against Lleyton. I think it's just a matter of me taking my opportunities when they present themselves. I've just got to keep giving myself opportunities to do that ... and hopefully get through them.''

Roddick's power has been his calling card, taking him from obscurity to the top 20 shortly after turning pro five years ago. But sometimes that impressive power has been as much a detriment as a weapon.

''When someone has the firepower that Andy has, he's able to go out there and basically win points with those big shots and win consistently,'' Goldfine said. ''What happens is the more time you are out there, guys figure out ways to neutralize those strengths to some extent.

''You have to work the points better to set up shots. That's the process where he's at now. Guys know he has the big serve to set up the big forehand. Now he has to be more patient and hit five or six balls instead of three to win a point, especially against a guy like Hewitt who is an incredible counterpuncher. It's impossible to overpower him.''

Goldfine said Roddick understands what he needs to do to make the adjustments. And he's willing to make whatever sacrifices are required. Winning titles in San Jose, Miami and Indianapolis are fine, but he's seeking Grand Slam titles and Federer's No. 1 ranking at this stage of his career.

''There are plenty of guys who live match to match and can't see the big picture,'' Goldfine said. ''He's able to see the whole thing. He could go about playing the same way he's been playing and be top five in the world, but he wants to maximize his potential and be the best he can be. If he's able to do that, he realizes he can be No. 1 again. That's what he wants.''

Carito_90
02-13-2005, 07:47 AM
Oh God. Did I mention I HEART DEAN?! :hearts:

Tytta!.
02-13-2005, 01:16 PM
Dean! :hearts:

fangirl
02-13-2005, 07:22 PM
I am going to adopt Dean. Me loves him. :hearts:

Golfnduck
02-13-2005, 09:22 PM
OMG!!! I love Dean :hearts:

smucav
02-13-2005, 10:39 PM
http://www.tennisnews.com/exclusive.php?pID=3630Exclusive: Men's Preview, Week of February 14
Men's Look Forward: Rotterdam, Memphis, Costa do Sauipe
It's not often that Raemon Sluiter finds himself featured on a tournament web site as one of the stars of the event. It's even less often that he needs a wildcard to earn that distinction.

But then, this is Rotterdam, which -- since Indianapolis was forced out of its place in the summer hardcourt schedule -- may well be the strongest optional event on the entire schedule. Certainly it's well up there -- as witness the fact that it has no fewer than five Top Ten players, including Roger Federer himself. The irony is, all that strength doesn't really add up to a particularly tough field. The #1 pretender to Federer's throne -- certainly the top indoor player right now -- is Marat Safin, and he isn't here. Defending champion Lleyton Hewitt is off spending time with his New Cookie. ;) Andy Roddick is playing in the United States. Carlos Moya is taking the week off. We have every other Top Ten player, including brand new-Top Tenner Joachim Johansson, but it remains to be seen what they can do to Federer. Certainly #2 seed Guillermo Coria isn't much of a threat indoors. #3 seed Tim Henman is more likely to be a factor. But the #4 seed is another Argentine, David Nalbandian. Johansson is #5. The #6 seed is Nikolay Davydenko, Dominik Hrbaty -- no fan of fast courts -- is #7. And Feliciano Lopez is #8.

There is plenty of strength among the unseeded players, though. Sebastien Grosjean could face Federer in the second round. Tomas Berdych could earn an Olympic rematch in the quarterfinal -- assuming he makes it past Robin Soderling. The top half also contains unseeded Nicolas Kiefer, Mario Ancic, Taylor Dent, and Olivier Rochus, who has been having the best year of his career on slow courts -- and who likes fast courts much better.

In the bottom half, we could have another Johansson/Johansson meeting, assuming Thomas can make it past Karol Beck. Rainer Schuettler and Juan Carlos Ferrero will face off in the first round -- a match that would have been impossible for most of last year. And Nalbandian will have to face Radek Stepanek, another guy who is off to the best start of his career. Hrbaty will have to face Ivan Ljubicic, with Andrei Pavel or Sjeng Schalken (another guy who needed a wildcard) waiting in the second round. And if Coria can make it past Sluiter, he'll be up against Igor Andreev or Paradorn Srichaphan.

Talk about a tournament where they really need to bring back bonus points!

At first glance, the Memphis draw looks like an exact rerun of the San Jose draw: There is Andy Roddick at #1, and he's supposed to face #6 seed Mardy Fish in the quarterfinal. It isn't until you get down toward the bottom that the differences become clear: Andre Agassi isn't here. Nor, obviously, did defending champion Joachim Johansson return. That leaves Tommy Haas as the #2 seed. Vincent Spadea is #3, Jiri Novak #4, Xavier Malisse enjoys the fruits of his Delray Beach title as #5, Fish is #6, Jurgen Melzer, who beat Andre Agassi as the #7 seed at San Jose, reprises his number; Max Mirnyi also repeats as the #8 seed.

Noteworthy floaters include American James Blake, Jan-Michael Gambill, and Robby Ginepri, plus Jonas Bjorkman and Thomas Enqvist of Sweden. Arnaud Clement, who has points from Marseille to defend this week, interestingly chose to come here rather than try for Rotterdam; given the usual respective strengths of the fields, that may have been smart, but now he's stuck taking on Roddick in the second round. If he gets that far.

You can probably guess what the draw at Costa do Sauipe is like. All those clay-courters who were playing in Chile and Argentina have now moved north to Brazil -- though quite a few have dropped out after two long weeks. Carlos Moya has elected not to play, so Gaston Gaudio is supposed to start his third straight week of clay action as the #1 seed (we'll see if he's up to it). Fernando Gonzalez, who pulled out of Buenos Aires, is back to take the #2 seed. Juan Ignacio Chela is #3, and Mariano Zabaleta, #7, gives us three seeded Argentines. Filippo Volandri at #4 is the top non-Latin American in the field. #5 David Ferrer is the highest of many Spaniards in the field, with Rafael Nadal and Albert Costa also seeded, at #6 and #8 respectively.

The Draw Gods made a bit of a mistake: They put Nicolas Almagro and wildcard Alex Corretja right next to each other, but one spot out of phase, so they can't meet until the second round. Other Spaniards in the field are (hold your breath) Alex Calatrava, Oscar Hernandez, Felix Mantilla, Alberto Martin, Albert Montanes, David Sanchez, and Santiago Ventura -- a total of 12 in a 32-player field! The top quarter, in fact, has six Spaniards, plus Gaudio and a qualifier. Argentina too looms large; in addition to the three seeds, we have Jose Acasuso, Agustin Calleri, Juan Monaco, and Special Exempt Mariano Puerta.

Noteworthy First Round Matches

The dilution of talent caused by having three optional events in one week, and two of them not very strong, naturally reduces the number of good matches. At Costa do Sauipe, perhaps the most interesting is the all-Argentine contest between #7 seed Mariano Zabaleta and namesake Mariano Puerta. Puerta at last seems to be back on his feet, and Zabaleta has fallen a bit off his game lately.

Also perhaps of some interest is the contest between Jose Acasuso and #6 seed Rafael Nadal. Acasuso has never really lived up to his abilities, but the potential is there.

At Memphis, we have a sort of a who-won't-even-get-the-chance-to-be-Davis-Cup-backup contest between Mardy Fish and James Blake, with Blake at last showing signs of life :) and Fish seeming to be slumping again. We'll also see Jan-Michael Gambill take on Jiri Novak on a surface that ought to favor the American -- if anything favors Gambill these days. And #3 seed Spadea will have to be on the ball right from the start, since he opens against Enqvist.

But the weakness of those two events is Rotterdam's strength. It has more great first rounders than not. Just marching straight down the draw, we have a pair of highly talented youngsters in Tomas Berdych and Robin Soderling, with Soderling being more experienced and probably happier on fast courts; Fernando Verdasco takes on Nikolay Davydenko in a match of guys who have had their best overall results on slower courts; Tim Henman faces Nicolas Kiefer in a contest of current and past Top Ten players; Mario Ancic and Taylor Dent will get to show off their serves; Feliciano Lopez will have to deal with the touch of Olivier Rochus; Thomas Johansson also faces a guy known for touch and speed in Karol Beck; Rainer Schuettler and Juan Carlos Ferrero will try to figure out which one of them is less messed up; ;) Radek Stepanek tries to continue his fine 2005 against David Nalbandian; Ivan Ljubicic will try to bounce back from the Marseille final by taking on Dominik Hrbaty; and Sjeng Schalken will try to show to Andrei Pavel that his recent better results have been no fluke.

The Rankings

We hardly need tell you that Roger Federer's #1 ranking is not under threat this week. Not even close. But, with Lleyton Hewitt's Rotterdam title coming off, could he be under threat? Hewitt, after all, isn't playing, and Andy Roddick is.

It could be close, but it doesn't look as if it will happen. Hewitt loses a big title, but he has lots of sixth tournament points; they'll cover about half his loss. And Andy Roddick has very big fifth tournament points; he can't gain all that much. But a good result for Roddick could make things quite interesting come Indian Wells and Miami.

Marat Safin is secure at #4.

Below that, things start to get very complicated. Guillermo Coria's title from Buenos Aires comes off this week, and given all his injuries over the last year, he doesn't have much of an optional points cushion -- and, recall, Coria elected not to play clay this week! Luckily for him, Carlos Moya was the Buenos Aires finalist. It still appears that Coria has to win a couple of rounds to stay at #5.

Tim Henman is a fair distance behind Moya, but he's playing, and he doesn't have much in the way of fifth event points. So he too could make life interesting for the guys above him.

Joachim Johansson is Top Ten for the first time, but he also has the Memphis title to defend. Rotterdam is bigger, so he actually has a chance to gain some points here -- though probably not enough to do any good. But he could also lose points, potentially falling right back out of the Top Ten.

In addition to Coria, Johansson, Hewitt, and Moya, two guys at Rotterdam have finalist points to defend: Juan Carlos Ferrero was the 2004 Rotterdam runner-up, and Nicolas Kiefer made the final at Memphis. Kiefer built up enough optional results last summer that it won't matter much to him. For Ferrero, though, it's the biggest result he has left; he really needs to do well this week.

Key Matches

If we did everything right, Joachim Johansson needs to earn more than 60 points this week to stay in the Top Ten ahead of Andre Agassi. His first round looks genuinely not too tough. In the second round, against Thomas Johansson (or Karol Beck), he'll likely be tested more. And he has to beat David Nalbandian to assure his Top Ten spot.

Big for other reasons is the Rotterdam second round between Roger Federer and Sebastien Grosjean. Grosjean has all his points in the first half of the year, and he really does like fast surfaces better than slow. This could have been an important opportunity for him to overcome his problems and his damaged ranking. As things stand -- maybe not.

Then there is the Ferrero situation. Every match he wins helps his ranking a little. But it's not an easy path: Schuettler, then Nalbandian or Stepanek, then probably Joachim Johansson, then Coria or Hrbaty or Ljubicic or somebody.

And speaking of Coria, our estimate is that he needs a quarterfinal to stay ahead of Moya (and needs to do as well as Henman to stay ahead of him). Coria really was lucky in his draw: Sluiter, then Srichaphan or Andreev. But Sluiter is vastly better at home than anywhere else, and Andreev and Srichaphan both like this surface better than Coria.

Andy Roddick's chances of getting back to #2 don't depend solely, or even largely, on Memphis; his fate will be determined largely by Indian Wells and Miami. But a win in Tennessee would help his chances. And it's a fairly nice draw for him: Hyung-Taik Lee, then perhaps Arnaud Clement, then Mardy Fish or James Blake, then Novak or Melzer, then Haas or Spadea or somebody.

And speaking of Spadea, he has his lone title at Scottsdale coming up. A good result here would give him a nice bit of insurance.

At Costa do Sauipe, we'll be interested to see how Fernando Gonzalez can spring back from whatever his problem was last week. His draw is very nice -- a qualifier, then a wildcard, then Albert Costa, then maybe Filippo Volandri. That could get him back the Top 20 ranking he just lost.

It will also be interesting to see how much energy Gaston Gaudio has left after winning two straight tournaments.

blosson
02-13-2005, 10:41 PM
everybody is in love, so many threads about love

love Dean
love Federer
love Andy
love cookies
love hair

:hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

fangirl
02-13-2005, 10:45 PM
And with all that love, I STILL hate Valentines Day.

superpinkone37
02-13-2005, 10:47 PM
lmao I was just gonna say that, love will suck tomorrow anyways :p

blosson
02-13-2005, 11:15 PM
don't worry girls, valentines day is just a comercial day to spend money!!!
a day to celebrate temporary love...

Black Adam
02-14-2005, 08:06 PM
He better win Memphis :yeah: Then look forward to defending Miami and doing real good in IW :angel:

MissFairy
02-14-2005, 09:36 PM
good plan TGS :yeah:

ohhh i just heart dean, i REALLY do

RoddickBabe10
02-14-2005, 09:37 PM
Does anyone know if we're getting any coverage of this tournament?!

heya
02-14-2005, 10:16 PM
Not anyone here.

smucav
02-14-2005, 10:35 PM
Does anyone know if we're getting any coverage of this tournament?!

Wednesday-Friday: The Tennis Channel
Saturday-Sunday: Fox Sports Network (in some areas)

Deboogle!.
02-14-2005, 11:33 PM
According to the tourney site, Andy's match is now tomorrow (Tuesday) night instead of Wednesday...

Éowyn
02-14-2005, 11:47 PM
i could see arnaud taking him out actually! i hope he doesn't but it could happen!

MissFairy
02-14-2005, 11:50 PM
nooooo, dont say it, lets just take it one round at a time as not to upset me, k?

*replays lacoste advert in head*
#what kind of love have you got? you should be home but youre not, i dont wanna believe that its over now#
*remembers how cool arnaud is*

uh huh i can see the problem, he smells nice right?

Éowyn
02-14-2005, 11:53 PM
arnaud rules! (i have that song btw lols) and he does have a 2-0 record agaisnt andy! admittedly both on clay back in 2002 but still it all counts! and he could cause an upset i love him and all but i hope he doesn't coz i want andy to win it but still it is possible. lets just hope not :)

blosson
02-14-2005, 11:56 PM
is arnaud the guy who plays andy roddick in the lacoste tv advert? you know the one with the pop singing girlfriend?

Deboogle!.
02-14-2005, 11:56 PM
Yes, blosson, him :drool:

Well Clement leads 2-0 but both were on clay and both in 2002. The more recent one was the DC Semi in 2002 and Andy actually won the first set... so.... biiiiiiiiig difference being in the US on a fast indoor court (I believe Memphis is supposed to play faster than San Jose which should help Andy). He's also 2-5 on the year (granted, 3 of those losses were to the same person - Hewitt... lmao) but he also lost to Soderling and Beck - indoors no less, and Andy is a far better player than either of them. And Sanguinetti is no pushover, Clement is not an absolute given to win that match IMO (though I just checked and Clement is 2-0 against him as well and Sanguinetti's career is pretty much on the downswing). Granted, indoors is probably Clement's best surface (both his titles are on it), but Andy should really not have a problem with someone like him indoors. And the fact that he's lost to him twice will probably motivate Andy even more, especially being at home and at a tournament where he's played well in the past.

MissFairy
02-14-2005, 11:58 PM
oh lordy, i have it too! natasha thomas, yay
no no he wouldnt do that to andy, not for the third time, not in the states...i refuse to believe it *shakes head in disbelief*
ahhhh i cant bloody well help it, arnaud and his glasses are so cool! i cant resist them

aceit
02-15-2005, 12:00 AM
*replays lacoste advert in head*
#what kind of love have you got? you should be home but youre not, i dont wanna believe that its over now#
*remembers how cool arnaud is*
:lol: They played that commercial WAY too much here. :p

blosson
02-15-2005, 12:04 AM
so, Arnaud is cute!! [but short]
that advert is sooo based on Andy 'n' Mandy.

i don't think they will show these matches here in the UK, oh well, i will keep an eye here and at the online scoreboard.

Éowyn
02-15-2005, 12:24 AM
is arnaud the guy who plays andy roddick in the lacoste tv advert? you know the one with the pop singing girlfriend?

:confused: he doens't play andy roddick in the ad he plays himself!

debs i said they were both on clay and so don't count so much but they do still count they all do and i said it is still very possible for him to lose! i hope he doens't but it is possible

Jennay
02-15-2005, 12:27 AM
I LOVE THAT COMMERCIAL.

*Plays the song*

Éowyn
02-15-2005, 12:28 AM
so, Arnaud is cute!! [but short]
that advert is sooo based on Andy 'n' Mandy.

It's so not! :rolleyes:

i don't think they will show these matches here in the UK, oh well, i will keep an eye here and at the online scoreboard.

nope they'r enot showing them here again :sad: best we'll get is the lil clip on ATP mag next week! don't think we get anything till TMS

Éowyn
02-15-2005, 12:30 AM
I LOVE THAT COMMERCIAL.

*Plays the song*

:lol: i'm listening to it too!

Deboogle!.
02-15-2005, 12:31 AM
:confused: he doens't play andy roddick in the ad he plays himself!

debs i said they were both on clay and so don't count so much but they do still count they all do and i said it is still very possible for him to lose! i hope he doens't but it is possible

I know I repeated stuff you said - I was typing my post already when you posted yours, so I Didn't see it, otherwise I wouldn't have bothered lol.. my bad :o

Éowyn
02-15-2005, 12:58 AM
I know I repeated stuff you said - I was typing my post already when you posted yours, so I Didn't see it, otherwise I wouldn't have bothered lol.. my bad :o
lol ok then! i was just reading it and thinking i'm sure i just said that lols! :p

i really do hope he can win the title but still nervous about it

Deboogle!.
02-15-2005, 01:08 AM
yea :p I was researching Clement's indoors results and stuff so it took me a while. Then I didn't wanna delete my hard work :sobbing:

I'm glad someone made use of that picture, I knew it would make a good av:)

aceit
02-15-2005, 01:16 AM
I think Andy likes the bowl because he can fill it with beer or even put a mini pizza in it, but that's just me. I mean, it's so multifunctional. :p

Golfnduck
02-15-2005, 03:19 AM
I can't wait for the match tomorrow night!!!! GOOOO ANDY!!!

Deboogle!.
02-15-2005, 03:10 PM
some blurbs from the Memphis paper

and some audio from the press conference here http://www.atptennis.com/memphis/audio.asp
========
Roddick feels ready to win another

Top seed Andy Roddick, who plays his opening-round match tonight against Korea's Hyung-Taik Lee, said he's looking forward to getting back on the court after winning last week's tournament in San Jose.

''I'm feeling a lot better about my game than I did at the start of last week,'' Roddick said. ''In the final (at San Jose) I played some of my best stuff. I thought I was moving really well (at the end of the week) and getting a lot of breaks. And I started hitting the ball pretty well off the baseline.''

He's there if they need him

American teenager Scoville Jenkins, who dropped his opening-round match against Kevin Kim, was playing only his second tour match. In his debut at last year's U.S. Open, he drew Roddick in a first-round night match played before a national television audience.

Jenkins, who received a wild card into the Memphis tournament, credited Roddick for being a mentor of sorts. Roddick said Jenkins was giving him too much credit. Roddick said he tries to make himself available for all the young Americans breaking onto the tour.

''I was the wild card here in 2001, so I do remember what they are going through and some of the questions he may have,'' Roddick said. ''I basically let it be known that I'm there if they need me.'' (God, what a JERK he is!!!!!!:p)

Roddick said he like Jenkins's potential. Jenkins, who turned pro last year, won the USTA Boys 18 Nationals in Kalamazoo, Mich., last summer.

''I like the fact that he's a big kid and he's a good athlete,'' Roddick said. ''He has a lot of upside.''

The last word

''You guys would have had a field day with this.''

-- Roddick, upon having his cell phone returned to him by a member of the media as he completed an evening press conference. :lol:

Golfnduck
02-15-2005, 03:32 PM
Andy is such a jerk :rolleyes: I can't believe he's trying to mentor Scoville.
I think I'm coming down with something, I'm starting to sound like Heya :p

Tytta!.
02-15-2005, 03:35 PM

:lol:

Havok
02-15-2005, 06:59 PM
What time is his match, eastern time?

Deboogle!.
02-15-2005, 07:00 PM
7:30 :)

Havok
02-15-2005, 07:02 PM
Oh so they're in the same time zone as I am then.:p Wasn't sure if it was or not. Though I'll be in class, boo.

tangerine_dream
02-15-2005, 07:03 PM
C'moooooon Andy! Win your second mickey mouse title of the year :D :banana:

Tytta!.
02-15-2005, 07:07 PM
C'moooooon Andy! Win your second mickey mouse title of the year :D :banana:

fangirl
02-15-2005, 07:14 PM
http://pictures.greatestjournal.com/userimg/3289656/758722

PinkFeatherBoa
02-15-2005, 07:26 PM
kell, love it! LOL!

Andy go win Mickey's Memphis Tournament. :yeah:

fangirl
02-15-2005, 07:28 PM
Mickey cries when people insult his San Jose and Memphis tournaments :(

Tytta!.
02-15-2005, 07:43 PM
I love it too :lol: :yeah:

Deboogle!.
02-15-2005, 08:23 PM
No Naldo, Memphis is in Central time zone. Andy plays at 6:30 local time on the tourney schedule. I gave the time zone for you ;)

RoddickBabe10
02-15-2005, 08:23 PM
Wednesday-Friday: The Tennis Channel
Saturday-Sunday: Fox Sports Network (in some areas)
Thanks!
Dammit, I wish I had TTC I guess I'm just gonna have to wait til Saturday :banghead:

Andy is such a jerk :rolleyes: I can't believe he's trying to mentor Scoville.
:lol: :lol: Is Heya an Andy fan or a what you guys call, a "troll"?

Deboogle!.
02-15-2005, 08:24 PM
No Naldo, Memphis is in Central time zone. Andy plays at 6:30 local time on the tourney schedule. I gave the time zone for you since you asked what time it was at in Eastern time ;)

Kell! LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Oh and Andy will play Clement next.. that match had a WEIRD scoreline, so I say Andy should have no trouble :p

Golfnduck
02-15-2005, 08:32 PM
:lol: :lol: Is Heya an Andy fan or a what you guys call, a "troll"?
Heya is an Andy fan.
I love Mickey Mouse, win another one Andy!!!

smucav
02-15-2005, 08:39 PM
Clement is currently ranked #113 & has only won back-to-back matches once since June 2004. (And yes, he has been playing every week: http://www.atptennis.com/en/players/playerprofiles/playeractivity/default.asp?year=%25&query=Singles&player=C487&x=10&y=5

tangerine_dream
02-15-2005, 09:18 PM

No way :haha: :bigcry: :sobbing:

Jennay
02-15-2005, 09:18 PM
:haha: :haha:

Can I use this for my avatar if Andy wins Memphis? ;)

aceit
02-15-2005, 09:29 PM

I LOVE THAT!

Havok
02-15-2005, 09:35 PM
No Naldo, Memphis is in Central time zone. Andy plays at 6:30 local time on the tourney schedule. I gave the time zone for you ;)
Ack sorry.:retard:

Just figured 7:30 would be a regular hour to start night matches so I took it for granted that it was the same time zone. Oh well beat Lee tonight Andy.:ras:

and death to that mickey mouse bit.:bigcry:

Deboogle!.
02-15-2005, 09:39 PM
hehe no problemo :p

snaillyyy
02-15-2005, 09:44 PM
Kell LMFAO!!! :haha: :haha: I was good and had no food in my mouth this time!

andyroxmysox12191
02-15-2005, 09:52 PM
Kell :sobbing: :haha:

blosson
02-15-2005, 10:23 PM
Love it. Mickey mouse is soo cute.

HAVE YOU POSTED THIS IN GM??? IF NOT PLEASE POST IT IN THERE!

blosson
02-15-2005, 10:26 PM
EVEN BETTER, START A NEW THREAD WITH THE WORDS ANDY AND MICKEY MOUSE IN THE TITLE. THEY JUST LOVE ANDY OVER THERE, DON'T THEY?

Éowyn
02-15-2005, 11:11 PM
I'm glad someone made use of that picture, I knew it would make a good av:)

lols i thought of it as soon as i saw it on yahoo! it's just his expression he looks so funny :)

I think Andy likes the bowl because he can fill it with beer or even put a mini pizza in it, but that's just me. I mean, it's so multifunctional.

he could even use it to store his balls! :)

Éowyn
02-15-2005, 11:16 PM
Oh and Andy will play Clement next.. that match had a WEIRD scoreline, so I say Andy should have no trouble :p

:eek: never say he'll have no trouble, when people say that he has trouble!

Clement is currently ranked #113 & has only won back-to-back matches once since June 2004. (And yes, he has been playing every week: http://www.atptennis.com/en/players/playerprofiles/playeractivity/default.asp?year=%25&query=Singles&player=C487&x=10&y=5

a, he has to play lee first.
b, never underestimate arnaud he's a good player and on his day can really upset people,
c, although he had played most weeks (he has not played everyweek) he still had injury trouble, and he also has a habbit of getting dome damn evil draws.
d, stats mean nothing, any player can beat anyone on the right day, there are no small games, you have to win them all to win the tournament whether it's mickeys tournament or anyone elses!!

Golfnduck
02-15-2005, 11:17 PM
he could even use it to store his balls! :)
LMFAO!!!!! :sobbing:

snaillyyy
02-16-2005, 12:24 AM
Ok I am ready for tonights show to get started!! NOW!!! :lol: yes I have no patience tonight :lol:
Deb!!! It showed up :dance: :lol: yet another great avatar!

Deboogle!.
02-16-2005, 12:27 AM
Yea after I re-uploaded it like 3 times :rolleyes:

lol Carole, calm down killah :p

blosson
02-16-2005, 12:32 AM
Andy could wear his new throphy on his head next time he plays pim pim.

paige
02-16-2005, 12:33 AM
Haha, yeah, it's a funny one.

Éowyn
02-16-2005, 01:06 AM
Andy could wear his new throphy on his head next time he plays pim pim.

but it's glass it'd break! and he'd get all cut and bleed and someone would have to run on court and kiss it better on second thoughts great idea i volunteer to treat the wounds!

Éowyn
02-16-2005, 01:06 AM
1 set down! :) 1 down to go!

MissFairy
02-16-2005, 01:07 AM
but it's glass it'd break! and he'd get all cut and bleed and someone would have to run on court and kiss it better on second thoughts great idea i volunteer to treat the wounds!
*cough* do it at wimbledon, andy *cough*

Éowyn
02-16-2005, 01:09 AM
hehe lol sarah! we don't want him hurt at wimbledon we want him to win it!
and again why aren't you on msn chick?

MissFairy
02-16-2005, 01:12 AM
ooo yeah oops! i mean do it at houston clay tourney :o *ahem* noone wil even be there...ahhh no jim mack'll kiss it better, andy. ick

:fiery: msn doesnt work for me at the moment! wont bloody reinstall grrrr

Éowyn
02-16-2005, 01:16 AM
ooo yeah oops! i mean do it at houston clay tourney :o *ahem* noone wil even be there...ahhh no jim mack'll kiss it better, andy. ick

:fiery: msn doesnt work for me at the moment! wont bloody reinstall grrrr

aim? yahoo?

MissFairy
02-16-2005, 01:18 AM
i donnay have those, too much reliance on bill gates has come and bitt me on the butt bigtime huh?
i'll kick his mulitbillionaire butt :p

ahhhh andy got a break in the second :woohoo:

Éowyn
02-16-2005, 01:23 AM
bill gates has alot to answer for! i don't understand why they made it so you had to upgrade msn this time every other time it has let you use it whilst upgrading but this time! grrrrr evil people!

MissFairy
02-16-2005, 01:25 AM
i knowwwww, :sad: so i cant be MSN-ing anytime soon i guess!
how crappalicious right?

o o are we getting closer to an andy vs clement AKA lacoste man match?

*sings and dances to the song*

aceit
02-16-2005, 01:27 AM
I like Bill Gates today. :p My new mini iPod came today because I killed it a few weeks ago. All I needed was an extended warrenty which was a lot better than paying another $250 again!

Have you guys heard about his house? Geeze it's amazing I've heard.

Deboogle!.
02-16-2005, 01:28 AM
Bill Gates??? He had nothing to do with the Ipod :o:o:o That's why you didn't have a problem with it :haha:

aceit
02-16-2005, 01:29 AM
*sings and dances to the song*
Who sings that song? I know it, but not who sings it.

aceit
02-16-2005, 01:30 AM
Bill Gates??? He had nothing to do with the Ipod :o:o:o That's why you didn't have a problem with it :haha:
But he owns Apple and developed good stuff which didn't cause a hastle. :ras: Don't be mean to be Deb, I got not sleep last night. :sad:

MissFairy
02-16-2005, 01:30 AM
bill gates is seperate from apple who make ipods isnt he? microsoft are like complete rivals of apple

but yeah his house is so grand, i saw it on cribs it had individual clips that control stuff in the house according to your preferences of stuff like temperture and brightness of light :eek:

im glad you got a new one :hug: what colour?

Deboogle!.
02-16-2005, 01:31 AM
No..... you're thinking of Steve Jobs. Bill Gates is the Microsoft Guy and he sucks.

awwwwww poor Lauren :hug: :hug:

aceit
02-16-2005, 01:32 AM
Holy shit. Why was I thinking Bill Gates. :o

MissFairy
Who sings that song? I know it, but not who sings it.
natasha thomas, the songs called 'its over now'

:secret: put it on your new ipod :) :)

aceit
but yeah his house is so grand, i saw it on cribs it had individual clips that control stuff in the house according to your preferences of stuff like temperture and brightness of light :eek:

im glad you got a new one :hug: what colour?
I never saw it on cribs but I heard it's crazy.

Pink as before.

MissFairy
02-16-2005, 01:33 AM
I never saw it on cribs but I heard it's crazy.

Pink as before.
yay we can be mini ipod twins!! 'cept mines blue :o

aceit
02-16-2005, 01:34 AM
Nice! Blue is awesome, but my dad has it in blue and I wanted different colors. :p

MissFairy
02-16-2005, 01:37 AM
:dance: lauren & sarah twinnies :dance:

aceit
02-16-2005, 01:40 AM
Wooo! :D

I can't believe you read my blog entry. That's very cool of you. ;)

Deboogle!.
6-3 6-4 in 58 minutes

I don't think he even went to 30 on his serve :lol: he lost 5 points on serve the whole match.

Yay Andy. Now beat Clement :D

Éowyn
it was like mardy revisited for a moment there why can't people take matches at the first opportunity anymore. but at least he did :woohoo: yay andy!

and i amnow officially guaranteed one of my fave players into the semi finals!

aceit
02-16-2005, 01:41 AM
and i amnow officially guaranteed one of my fave players into the semi finals!
Congradulations. ;)

smucav
02-16-2005, 01:45 AM
:eek: never say he'll have no trouble, when people say that he has trouble!I never said he wouldn't have any trouble with Clement (or anyone else.)a, he has to play lee first.And he has, defeating him in 58 minutes, losing only 5 service pointsb, never underestimate arnaud he's a good player and on his day can really upset people, Again, I never said that.c, although he had played most weeks (he has not played everyweek) he still had injury trouble, and he also has a habbit of getting dome damn evil draws.He played 23 tournaments & 3 weeks of DC (41 ATP matches/6 challenger matches/5 DC matches plus 37 doubles matches) which is average for any player with his ranking who can't get in to all the AMS events.d, stats mean nothing, any player can beat anyone on the right day, there are no small games, you have to win them all to win the tournament whether it's mickeys tournament or anyone elses!! Again, I never said that.

Éowyn
02-16-2005, 01:46 AM
Congradulations. ;)

it's not all that good! it also means 3 of my boys are guaranteed to go out! and against each other! :bigcry:

aceit
02-16-2005, 01:48 AM
The song isn't offered on itunes to buy. :fiery:

PinkFeatherBoa
02-16-2005, 01:51 AM
it's not all that good! it also means 3 of my boys are guaranteed to go out! and against each other! :bigcry:

Truly a double-edged sword for you. (:

Congratulations Andy on your first Mickey Memphis victory.

aceit
02-16-2005, 01:58 AM
LMFAO AT YOUR AVATAR!!!

Deboogle!.
02-16-2005, 01:59 AM
Jenny!!!! LMAAAAAAOOOOOOO the av and sig!! :sobbing:

snaillyyy
02-16-2005, 02:05 AM
YAY!!! Andy :dance: nice start to the tournament... Mickey and friends will be proud ;) :p

Jenny, the avatar is hilarious :lol: :lol:. We seem to be heading in a new direction again for avatars.. :p

PinkFeatherBoa
02-16-2005, 02:08 AM
Thanks. I love all yours too. :rocker2: Yes Mickey is the new avatar trend, but I'm sure he won't reach the stature of Amanda's brilliant avatars.

thelma
02-16-2005, 02:08 AM
Great start, Andy! :yeah:

Good luck in the next match! :bounce:

Éowyn
02-16-2005, 02:26 AM
The song isn't offered on itunes to buy. :fiery:

ican email it to your if that helps?

Éowyn
02-16-2005, 02:32 AM
Truly a double-edged sword for you. (:

silver lining is someone has to make it :)

Deboogle!.
02-16-2005, 02:32 AM
Andy plays Clement tomorrow night at 6:30 pm local time :)

Tytta!.
02-16-2005, 02:34 AM
Go Andy :banana:

and Jenny your av rocks :sobbing:

Havok
02-16-2005, 03:05 AM
Yay he plays tomorrow night :banana:. Hopefully if he wins (be better k), he'll get Thursday off which will work for me since I have school that night. What a difference some confidence makes in your game :tape: Last week he needs 3 sets, now he cruises.

Deboogle!.
02-16-2005, 03:16 AM
Yay for you:p

Interesting that Robby and Mardy play their dubs match (against each other) tomorrow, but they won't play their 2nd round match til Thursday where Andy plays tomorrow. Usually in these small tournies Andy's the one who has to play back-to-back :p

Éowyn
02-16-2005, 03:30 AM
I never said he wouldn't have any trouble with Clement (or anyone else.)And he has, defeating him in 58 minutes, losing only 5 service points Again, I never said that.He played 23 tournaments & 3 weeks of DC (41 ATP matches/6 challenger matches/5 DC matches plus 37 doubles matches) which is average for any player with his ranking who can't get in to all the AMS events.Again, I never said that.

and i happen to know alot about arnaud as he is a godo player and everyone was talkinga bout him playing arnaud before beating lee, and he hadn't played lee when i made the post! i was making a generalisation and used your post as a quote coz you'd talked about comment don't take evrything so damn personally !

snaillyyy
02-16-2005, 03:31 AM
I am just happy we seem to have the old Andy back :dance: :dance:

And hmmmm, did I miss this somewhere else, ...but Paige did you have a birthday :D ;) :aparty: Happy Birthday :aparty:

Deboogle!.
02-16-2005, 03:34 AM
OMG YES! I meant to make a thread. I suck :smash:

Éowyn
02-16-2005, 03:35 AM
Yay for you:p

Interesting that Robby and Mardy play their dubs match (against each other) tomorrow, but they won't play their 2nd round match til Thursday where Andy plays tomorrow. Usually in these small tournies Andy's the one who has to play back-to-back :p

i'm glad they did it that way though coz when they make them play doubles and singles same day they tend to struggle esp mardy he doens't have the stamina! robby is fitter but can still mess it up when wants to. plus it means andy should get a day off later on :)

aceit
02-16-2005, 03:36 AM
Happy Birthday Paige. :aparty:

Deb, I'm sure you'll like my avatar when it loads. Even though it's poorly made like all the other ones, it's intentions are high. :p

Edit: And of course Éowyn will appreciate it too. :)

Deboogle!.
02-16-2005, 03:37 AM
ohhhh *rubs hands together* Can't wait!

Heh, Andy is a silly goose!
--------------------------------------
Top-seed Roddick opens with a win in Memphis
ASSOCIATED PRESS
7:25 p.m. February 15, 2005

MEMPHIS, Tenn. – Top-seeded Andy Roddick, coming off a title in San Jose, defeating Hyung-Taik Lee 6-3, 6-4 in the opening round of the Regions Morgan Keegan Championships on Tuesday night.

Roddick, who won here in 2002, took less than an hour to defeat Lee. The South Korean had pushed Roddick to three sets in San Jose.

This time Roddick lost only five points during his service games and registered 11 aces, his fastest serve reaching 148 mph.

"I really felt in control of what I was doing out there," said Roddick, who faces Arnaud Clement on Wednesday night.

Roddick, ranked third in the world, broke Lee in the fourth game of the first set and third game of the second and was in control the entire match.

At times, it was as if he was eager to finish Lee's service games to get the ball back for his serve. During changeovers, Roddick often was waiting at the baseline long before the chair umpire called for play to resume.

"I get bored sitting down," Roddick said. "I always do that. I'd rather be up and moving around than sitting still."

His biggest problem during the match, if there was one, was missing a stretch of first serves midway through the second set. Even that didn't bother Roddick.

"I lost more points on my first serve than I did my second serve," he said. "When I'm winning points like that on my second serve, I guess you don't notice it as much.

"If my serve would abandon me every night like that, I'd be happy."

Éowyn
02-16-2005, 03:38 AM
happy birthday paige :aparty:

Éowyn
02-16-2005, 03:39 AM
"If my serve would abandon me every night like that, I'd be happy."

aceit
02-16-2005, 03:39 AM
:)

Deboogle!.
02-16-2005, 03:42 AM
OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :haha: :haha: :worship:

snaillyyy
02-16-2005, 03:43 AM
:lol: :lol: :haha: another great avatar!!!!

aceit
02-16-2005, 03:45 AM
Thank you. :p

It took me FOREVER to fit the size limit. I had to keep cutting off poor James's head and then Mardy's.... oh it was tough.. :(

aceit
02-16-2005, 03:46 AM
Ok I'm off to sleep since I was up way too late last night watching the livescoring for none other than James and Mardy's match. Good night everyone! :)

jasmine(usa)
02-16-2005, 03:59 AM
I live in TN and I can tell you the bbq is goooooood! Good luck to Andy!

Deboogle!.
02-16-2005, 04:00 AM
Hi Jasmine! Welcome!

Yep we had BBQ in Tennessee on our way through a couple years ago and it was delish. :lick:

Golfnduck
02-16-2005, 04:00 AM
Good win Andy :yeah: I can't wait for tomorrow night :bounce:
I love your avatar aceit!!!!

Havok
02-16-2005, 04:17 AM
death that avatar :bigcry: Nicely done.:) Don't take my avatar to heart, it isn't flipping everyone off.:p

Deboogle!.
02-16-2005, 04:18 AM
I love your av, Naldo! :rocker2:

Golfnduck
02-16-2005, 04:22 AM
I love your avatar Naldo. Makes me laugh every time I see it :lol:

Havok
02-16-2005, 04:27 AM
I love your avatar Naldo. Makes me laugh every time I see it :lol:
----->Fuck you too!! :p

jasmine(usa)
02-16-2005, 04:29 AM
Hi Jasmine! Welcome!

Yep we had BBQ in Tennessee on our way through a couple years ago and it was delish. :lick:Hi to you too Deb.:wavey: Wish I could be at the tourney cheering our boy on. Does anyone know if Fox Sports will air some of the matches like they did for the SAP?

Deboogle!.
02-16-2005, 04:32 AM
I heard some of the local Fox Sports outlets might. since you're in TN, you should definitely check tvguide.com or zap2it.com and do a sports search and it'll bring up all the tennis :) It's not airing out here in Cali, but you might get it there!

tangerine_dream
02-16-2005, 04:33 AM
"Flake" <-- :haha: rotfl, another brilliant av. Nicely done aceit :yeah:

Welcome Jasmine :wavey:

J. Corwin
02-16-2005, 04:46 AM
Hilarious avatars Jenny, Lauren, and Naldo! :rocker2: :lol:

Heylo Jasmine, welcome :D

Golfnduck
02-16-2005, 04:53 AM
----->Fuck you too!! :p
DEATH!!!! :sobbing:

paige
02-16-2005, 04:53 AM
Happy Birthday Paige. :aparty:

Deb, I'm sure you'll like my avatar when it loads. Even though it's poorly made like all the other ones, it's intentions are high. :p

:cough: Thanks!

I'm Flake-y. I admit it!

Golfnduck
02-16-2005, 04:54 AM
Welcome to Duckyville Jasmine!!! :hug:

paige
02-16-2005, 04:55 AM
And hmmmm, did I miss this somewhere else, ...but Paige did you have a birthday :D ;) :aparty: Happy Birthday :aparty:

Nope, nope, not that I remember...

But thanks! ;)

superpinkone37
02-16-2005, 06:07 AM
good thing andy won tonight or i was gonna have to kick his ass :) I was seriously worried though lmao.

superpinkone37
02-16-2005, 06:15 AM
amanda, why arent you on msn missy?

J. Corwin
02-16-2005, 06:22 AM
she's cheating on us...and I'm supposed to be the cheater :rolleyes:

fangirl
02-16-2005, 06:27 AM
:haha: :haha:

Can I use this for my avatar if Andy wins Memphis? ;)

Of course! Mickey will even have a special message for all our friends in GM:

http://pictures.greatestjournal.com/userimg/3289973/758722

And welcome to Disneyland, I mean, Duckyland Jasmine! :hug: :hug:
We are nice sane people........I swear!

J. Corwin
02-16-2005, 06:34 AM
:worship: Mickey my man...

:lol: too good Kell ;)

superpinkone37
02-16-2005, 06:43 AM
Mickey!! :banana:

Tytta!.
02-16-2005, 12:29 PM
:sobbing:

Nimomunz
02-16-2005, 01:31 PM
oh mickey, you're so fine. you're so fine, you blow my mind. hey mickey. hey mickey. (:
TOO FUNNY TOO FUNNY!!!
:worship: :worship:

Deboogle!.
02-16-2005, 03:16 PM
Kell :haha: Amanda :haha:
--------
Smooth start
Top seeds advance with easy victories; Roddick in top form

By Phil Stukenborg
Contact
February 16, 2005
Roddick, ranked third, simply overpowered Lee. Roddick needed three sets to dismiss Lee last week in San Jose. But on Tuesday night before a crowd of 4,680, Roddick needed just two sets and 58 minutes.

Behind a serve that reached 148 mph and a forehand that, at times, seemed to match it, Roddick was dominating.

''I played a lot better than I did in San Jose,'' Roddick said. ''I had to find some way to survive the match out there.''

After reacclimating himself to the tight, intimate Stadium Court conditions, Roddick was basically untouchable.

He finished with 11 aces, no double faults and won 40-of-45 service points.

''I thought I hit the ball pretty well,'' Roddick said. ''And I served well. The court here is a lot different (closer quarters than the arena in San Jose) so it took a little bit getting used to.''

==========================================
==========================================

Today's best

After a relatively routine straight-set win over Hyung-Taik Lee Tuesday night, top seed Andy Roddick may find a stronger challenge tonight in Arnaud Clement of France. Clement, a former top 10 player currently ranked 113th, has beaten Roddick in both of their previous meetings, including once in Davis Cup play. Both matches have been on clay. ''I haven't played him in two-and-a-half years,'' Roddick said. ''I'd love to put one on the board against him.'' :yeah:

Drop shots

Joining the team

Word last week that Andre Agassi, winner of eight Grand Slams and nearly 60 career titles, would join the U.S. Davis Cup team after a five-year absence for its tie early next month against Croatia in Carson, Calif., was welcome news to Andy Roddick, a Davis Cup regular.

The U.S. will play Croatia March 4-6.

Roddick, the world No. 3 and top-ranked American, said he placed a call to Agassi when the two were playing in Australia last month.

''I said if you are thinking about the possibility of joining the Davis Cup squad, we'd love to have you,'' he said. ''Selfishly, I see it as another week of tennis to sit back and try to learn and see how he handles things.

''I knew a couple of days before everyone else did. It was a real problem for me to keep it a secret. I wanted to run and scream and tell everyone. I'm one of his biggest fans so I'm super excited.''

The U.S. Davis Cup team reached the finals last year for the first time since 1997, losing to Spain in the final. The U.S. has won a record 31 times, but its last title came 10 years ago. Agassi's presence bolsters a squad that includes Mardy Fish, the No. 6 seed, and the Bryan brothers, Mike and Bob.

''I think Andre is great for Davis Cup and for tennis,'' Fish said. ''It will get the casual fan into it. He is such a great ambassador for the game. When he's on TV nobody wants to change the channel. And Andre gives us the best chance to win.''

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/afp/20050216/capt.sge.lev42.160205144801.photo00.photo.default-380x273.jpg
http://mas.scripps.com/MCA/2005/02/16/16d1r_e.jpg

Golfnduck
02-16-2005, 03:36 PM
Let's go Andy!!!!! It would be great if he could beat Clement in straights and finally get a win against him.

tangerine_dream
02-16-2005, 05:43 PM
:haha: Kell, you're so nasty. I love it :devil:

Aaah, sweet memories of our duckling circa 2002. This is when he last won Kroger St Jude. He looks good in these pics. I love the orange visor, it was a nice touch. :yeah: sigh, but no more visor :sobbing: Well, I just hope he can collect another vase or candy dish to add to his vast collection of Mickey Mouse memorabilia. :banana:

Deboogle!.
02-16-2005, 05:51 PM
I LOVE that outfit, that's my fave all-time of his. That style came in so many awesome bright colors. Damn you Reebok :ras:

fangirl
02-16-2005, 06:06 PM
And here I was thinking I was doing a good job at pretendind to be a sweet little angel who couldn't hurt anything other then maybe her Dads wallet.

And I don't know why exactly, but I really miss this outfit:

blosson
02-16-2005, 06:52 PM
oh, he's showing us his lovely milky colour tight. Greeat!
And I agree with all of you he should wear more colorful stuff. He probably realised he had put on some weight last year and started wearing black to look slimmer or just scared of being a fashion disaster after the last USO...

jasmine(usa)
02-16-2005, 06:59 PM
Hey guys:wavey: ! Thanks for all the warm welcomes.:D

lizzieh
02-16-2005, 07:01 PM
Hey guys:wavey: ! Thanks for all the warm welcomes.:D

I haven't said hi yet... sorry, been very busy today.

Welcome!! :wavey:

Tytta!.
02-16-2005, 07:13 PM
Welcome :banana:

Fumus
02-16-2005, 07:43 PM
While in Memphis, don't eat the Tennessee Turkey (meaning don't blow it, don't be a turkey)

Tonight Clement might be singing "I don't wanna’ believe that it's over now..na..na..na" ( song from annoying Lacoste commercial). Clement’s undefeated record against Andy will likely end. (I think this makes sense but, the song says I don't wanna believe that it's over now...like the perfect record ending)

The question is will Andy be able to keep his focus 80-100% throughout this tournament? This week every player he will be facing will be getting pumped to beat him. This tournament is full of second rung players looking to make their mark, or find their way again; they would give their dominant arm for a tournament title. (Ok, I think this is pretty clear, the tournement means alot more to the journeymen than to Andy, and they will fight and claw, if Andy zones out he could be out of the tourny because they want it bad)

I think this tournament however, is even more crucial for Andy's confidence. After winning Siebel Andy said his top goal this year is to win tournaments. This could likely be number 2, the big question everyone is now asking is can Andy win tournaments when he plays against the top players in 2005? Only time will tell but this is a step in the right direction. (alright again, makes sense to me, Andy's top goal is to win tournaments but, can he win the big ones)

As the old saying goes "winning breeds winning", these tournament will restore Andy's confidence in his game remind him he is elite. I think Andy (as well as everyone in this forum knows) his results have been sliding, even though people in GM might jeer Andy for playing lower events. This is the way to success, it's what Andre did after Pete beat him in that USO Final and he spiraled out. Andre went and won the small satellites, and I don't even have to mention the success he had after that. (ok this makes sense too, all the Andy bashing lately because of winning "Mickey Mouse" tournies, I am saying it's the right idea for getting your confidence back, look at what Andre did)

Deboogle!.
02-16-2005, 08:37 PM
LOL! Fumigator, I'm trying to understand what you're saying... I'll keep reading it til I do :kiss:

Fumus
02-16-2005, 08:53 PM
What do you mean, I am just saying that 1) this tournement is important to Andy's confidence 2) Andre did the same thing 3) Don't eat the don't eat the Tennessee Turkey..it makes sense.

Fumus
02-16-2005, 09:04 PM
LOL! Fumigator, I'm trying to understand what you're saying... I'll keep reading it til I do :kiss:

No need, I left little notes to help you...dork! :D

tangerine_dream
02-16-2005, 09:08 PM
OFF-TOPIC!

Insert Roger comment here. :)

Am reading about Roger's match today and most of the headlines have the word "nervous" in it, meaning that Roger is off to a shaky start. I wonder how badly he was shaken after that loss to Marat at AO? :(

Fumus
02-16-2005, 09:13 PM
OFF-TOPIC!

Insert Roger comment here. :)

Am reading about Roger's match today and most of the headlines have the word "nervous" in it, meaning that Roger is off to a shaky start. I wonder how badly he was shaken after that loss to Marat at AO? :(

I am nervous no one understands my posts. Am I becoming Heya?!? Tangy...tell me you still understand!!

Yea, well lets all hope Roger is nervous, shaken up, tired, lonely, sick, injured, blistered, toe-stubbed and unconfident.

Deboogle!.
02-16-2005, 09:17 PM
What do you mean, I am just saying that 1) this tournement is important to Andy's confidence 2) Andre did the same thing 3) Don't eat the don't eat the Tennessee Turkey..it makes sense.

LOL Couldn't you just say that from the beginning :lol:

I agree :)

Fumus
02-16-2005, 09:23 PM
LOL Couldn't you just say that from the beginning :lol:

I agree :)

yessum but I wrote it up...nicely so I could back this stuff up, not just blurt out...ohhhh well..yea..glad you agree.

heya
02-16-2005, 09:30 PM
Yeah, I don't make sense on purpose.
HOWEVER, my PREDICTIONS about ANDY WERE MORE OFTEN CORRECT.
Bye bye now:bolt:

blosson
02-16-2005, 09:32 PM
It shows Roger is human too. Last year was an incredible year for him and I do hope players like Andy and Safin do better this year. I like Roger but I hope other players can win the remaining 3 slams. This will make tennis a lot more interesting and exciting.

Last year things were getting boring with Roger winning pretty much every tourney he was in. I expect are more competitive 2005.

Andy is due to win Wimbledon, sorry Rogi.... ;)

MissFairy
02-16-2005, 09:32 PM
dont worry, we heart you heya anyhow :hug:
[i kinda normally get what youre saying, makes me laugh anytime. can be a bit hard on poor andrew :p]

MissFairy
02-16-2005, 09:33 PM
blosson!! :lol: :rolls:

Jennay
02-16-2005, 09:48 PM
I miss those outfits too. Amazing what a few years does to you, Andy looks much older.

Blosson :rolls: :yeah:

Fumus
02-16-2005, 09:49 PM
Yeah, I don't make sense on purpose.
HOWEVER, my PREDICTIONS about ANDY WERE MORE OFTEN CORRECT.
Bye bye now:bolt:

haha....yea I know...but I am trying to make sense...was my post Heya like?

jasmine(usa)
02-16-2005, 10:03 PM
It shows Roger is human too. Last year was an incredible year for him and I do hope players like Andy and Safin do better this year. I like Roger but I hope other players can win the remaining 3 slams. This will make tennis a lot more interesting and exciting.

Last year things were getting boring with Roger winning pretty much every tourney he was in. I expect are more competitive 2005.

Andy is due to win Wimbledon, sorry Rogi.... ;):D man you read my mind. thanks for the help Deb. I found out when they will be airing the match on zap2it.com:dance:

Éowyn
02-16-2005, 11:56 PM

lol why would i like anything with mardy on it he sucks! lol just kidding of course i love it! :worship: mardy! but still cry over the hair!

aceit
02-16-2005, 11:57 PM
:)

Éowyn
02-17-2005, 12:07 AM
and EDR on this but welcome jasmine nice to have ya with us! and the drew thread too :)

MissFairy
02-17-2005, 12:26 AM
maybe this could be andys memphis trophy...

http://www.collectorsconnection.org/imagesc/29a582.jpg

aceit
02-17-2005, 12:27 AM
You're killing me today, Sarah! :haha:

Éowyn
02-17-2005, 01:19 AM
6-3 first set just one break thats what i want! coz i don't want arnaud thrashed coz he's my boy! but i want andy to win coz he's my main boy!

aceit
02-17-2005, 01:21 AM
You have too many boys. :p

MissFairy
02-17-2005, 01:21 AM
MY main boy :angel:

avocadoe
02-17-2005, 01:40 AM
anyone know what's happening...scoreboard has been at 30-40, 1 ALL in the seond for a while?

Tytta!.
02-17-2005, 01:50 AM
6-3, 4*-3

Deboogle!.
02-17-2005, 01:57 AM
6-3 6-3 two breaks in the second, one to take the match.

Robby or Mardy up next, Andy has tomorrow off :)

PinkFeatherBoa
02-17-2005, 01:59 AM
Well done Andy. (:

Havok
02-17-2005, 02:01 AM
:).

Tytta!.
That stuck scoreboard almost killed me, anyway GO ANDY :)

thelma
Yay Andy!. Well done! :bounce: :dance:

snaillyyy
02-17-2005, 02:11 AM
GO ANDY!! :dance: but that scoreboard :mad:

Jennay
02-17-2005, 02:15 AM
Oh he played already. :haha:

Nice. :)

Éowyn
02-17-2005, 02:21 AM
You have too many boys. :p

just 7!

andy, mardy, robby, jan-mike, arnaud, tommy, taylor, james er.. thats 8 isn't it? ok so 8! yeah so just half a draw ya know! and i don't count mike and bob coz they're doubles but they're my doubles boys!

and i adopt guille and marat for tournys that don't involve my main boys :)

Éowyn
02-17-2005, 02:23 AM
That stuck scoreboard almost killed me, anyway GO ANDY :)

oops i read that as go away andy i was like wtf? then i realised whatit actually said! :lol:

Golfnduck
02-17-2005, 02:48 AM
GREAT JOB ANDY!!!! :woohoo: I can't wait to see who he will face in the quarters. I think Robby and Mardy will beat the hell out of each other.

tangerine_dream
02-17-2005, 03:00 AM
A great win over a player who semi-owned him. :woohoo: Andy's got his peacock feathers back, that's all I care about. :yeah:

I hope Mardy wins. I want a Mardy-Andy bloodbath :devil:

These are from the Clement match. They're all starting to look alike. But Andy's got his winner's outfit on again. ;)

Deboogle!.
02-17-2005, 03:02 AM
I saw those pics on Getty and they made me laugh, they made me laugh seeing them here too.

But they're not that funny.... why are they making me laugh :sobbing:

Golfnduck
02-17-2005, 03:03 AM
If the black outfit works for him, that's great. I've still got my fingers and toes crossed for the lime green outfit.

Leena
02-17-2005, 03:05 AM
Andy has to crush the American scrubs.

Deboogle!.
02-17-2005, 03:06 AM
Andy has to crush the American scrubs.

He loves owning his young compatriots. He will crush them.

andyroxmysox12191
02-17-2005, 03:08 AM
I don't get why they're making you laugh either Deb :lol:
Nice job Andy....let's win this :banana:

Golfnduck
02-17-2005, 03:08 AM
Andy does crush the other young Americans, and I love it!!!

heya
02-17-2005, 03:13 AM
Let's remember... Butt Boy didn't mature until this year.

I'd like to forget about the years before, including the year 2003.
No player owns him. He's just a damn baby who was finally born this week.
:yippee: :fiery: :bolt:

Deboogle!.
02-17-2005, 03:15 AM
Let's remember... Butt Boy didn't mature until this year.

I'd like to forget about the years before, including the year 2003.
No player owns him. He's just a damn baby who was finally born this week.
:yippee: :fiery: :bolt:

OMG!!! :eek: is this positivity from heya??????

andyroxmysox12191
02-17-2005, 03:17 AM
*gasp* the sky must be falling!!!! pigs must be flying!!! cows must be running away from roger!!! andy must be getting a brain!
I'm probably gonna marry all my guys at once now! :eek:

Golfnduck
02-17-2005, 03:24 AM
*falls over and dies from heya's post*

heya
02-17-2005, 03:35 AM
Why are the trolls at GM so upset? I'm shocked!!!! :scared:

Deboogle!.
02-17-2005, 03:51 AM
Roddick, Haas roll along in Memphis
Feb. 16, 2005
AP

MEMPHIS, Tenn. -- Top-seeded Andy Roddick needed just an hour and 16 minutes to defeat Arnaud Clement 6-3, 6-3 Wednesday night in the Regions Morgan Keegan Championships.

Roddick, the tournament's 2002 champion, had dropped his previous two matches against Clement, both on clay.

But Roddick dominated Wednesday's match with a powerful serve and knack for keeping points alive. Clement was getting to shots early but seemed to lose a step during the match.

"It felt that way, but I'm cautious to say so because he's one of the fittest guys on tour," said Roddick, who has Thursday off before facing the winner of the Mardy Fish-Robby Ginepri quarterfinal. "I have trouble believing I wore him down in an hour and 15 minutes indoors with not a whole lot of heat elements."

Despite playing his seventh match in eight days, Roddick said he felt good about his own court movement, particularly some success against Clement's drop shots.

"I got to a couple," Roddick said. "That's good. Normally, I just watch." :lol:

http://www.atptennis.com/shared/photos/180X250/roddick_05memphis.jpg

Ultraman
02-17-2005, 03:57 AM
Food for thought:

You ever notice how Andy is always pulling his shirt up over his shoulders?

His shirts are too big, he should get Reebok to tailor them to fit more appropriately.

Also.......BBQ is the bomb........I think the finger-licking is the best part......

Golfnduck
02-17-2005, 04:00 AM
"I got to a couple," Roddick said. "That's good. Normally, I just watch." :lol:

No, you clap Andy :smash:

Deboogle!.
02-17-2005, 04:02 AM
Food for thought:

You ever notice how Andy is always pulling his shirt up over his shoulders?

His shirts are too big, he should get Reebok to tailor them to fit more appropriately.

LOL they comment on it all the time on tv... I think he likes it that way, it's a habit, it's one of his quirks. I think it he stopped doing it, I might miss it :lol:

Also.......BBQ is the bomb........I think the finger-licking is the best part......

Yum! :lick:

JENNY! LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yea, he usually does :o :smash:

Edit: So the memphis site finally got up the stats on the match.

Andy's BP conversion was :smash: (3/10:o) Otherwise, solid stuff.

Golfnduck
02-17-2005, 04:27 AM
Andy's bp conversions are usually like that, but they have been higher lately. Hopefully he continues his good play.

Givenchy
02-17-2005, 04:31 AM
Here's another picture from tonight's match. :cool:

http://img219.exs.cx/img219/1108/image15tq.th.jpg (http://img219.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img219&image=image15tq.jpg)

Deboogle!.
02-17-2005, 04:37 AM
Thanks! :D

heya
OF COURSE, he wastes 7/10 break points.
Didn't I say how OVERBEARINGLY NICE HE WAS? :haha: :lol: :ras:

Dean won't listen to his BULLCRAP again.

Golfnduck
Thanks for the pic J.W. :hug:

snaillyyy
Cool pic :cool: thanks!

heya
02-17-2005, 04:51 AM
Roddick Clement
1st serve 30/47 64% 45/74 61%
aces on 1st serve 12 5
pts won on 1st srve 27/30 90% 30/45 67%
aces on 2nd srve 1 0
pts won on 2nd srve 10/17 59% 11/29 38%
receiving pts won 33/74 45% 10/47 21%
double faults 1 3
bp conversion 3/10 30% 0/1 0%
total pts won 70 51

Deboogle!.
02-17-2005, 04:52 AM
see, I said the rest of his stats were solid :cool:

Deboogle!.
02-17-2005, 06:13 AM
Blurbles from the Memphis paper
========
Review, preview

Wednesday's best

It was top seed Andy Roddick's efficient dismantling of Frenchman Arnaud Clement, who had beaten Roddick in their previous two meetings on clay three years ago. Roddick patiently set up points and was content to hit one more ball than Clement, the 2001 Australian Open runnerup and a former top-10 player, in the 6-3, 6-3 victory. (Andy? Patient? WHAT????????:yeah::eek::D)

============

Top seeds move on
Haas shows he's recovered from bad year; Roddick continues his roll at the RMK

By Phil Stukenborg
Contact
February 17, 2005

A year ago Tommy Haas failed to survive the opening round at the Regions Morgan Keegan Championships, still struggling to find his world-class game after a lengthy injury-related layoff.

Andy Roddick didn't advance past the second round, taken out by former top 10 Swede Thomas Enqvist. (uh nice research :o:o)

Wednesday at The Racquet Club, Haas and Roddick, former RMKC champions, put their immediate Memphis pasts behind them and took impressive steps toward possible second titles.

Haas, the No. 2 seed and 1999 champion, moved into the second round of the $690,000 ATP Tour event with a 6-4, 6-4 victory over qualifier Jeff Salzenstein. Roddick, the top seed and 2002 champion, moved into the third round with an efficient 6-3, 6-3 victory over Arnaud Clement before about 4,400 at the Stadium Court.

Roddick, ranked third, needed slightly more than the 58 minutes he required Tuesday to defeat Hyung-Taik Lee. Against Clement, Roddick was content to patiently set up his points and quick enough to run down Clement's numerous drop shots.

''I definitely didn't feel like I was rushing out there,'' Roddick said. ''I felt like I was working the points pretty well.''

Roddick's new coach, Dean Goldfine, said it was an impressive performance by Roddick against one of the fittest players on tour. While Clement and Roddick engaged in several lengthy rallies, it appeared that Roddick always had one extra answer. :D:D

''Clement was exhausted out there,'' Goldfine said. ''And Andy was doing a great job being patient and waiting for his openings.'' :D:D:D:D:D:D

Roddick broke Clement in a lengthy game to take a 4-2 lead in the first set and broke him again to take an early 2-1 lead in the second set. And he also broke Clement to win the match as the Frenchman had a rare error on a drop shot, sending the final touch shot into the net. (Drop shot when you're down match point?? :o:o:o)

''I got to a couple of those tonight,'' Roddick said. ''Normally, I just watch.''

liptea
02-17-2005, 06:14 AM
Thanks Deb.

Deboogle!.
02-17-2005, 06:16 AM
ohmygosh....

Niti :hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

Your av.... :hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

liptea
02-17-2005, 06:28 AM
ohmygosh....

Niti :hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

Your av.... :hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

Here lies Simba, who was run over by a car because some idiot really wanted his liquor. :mad:

I am sending you a million hugs.

heya
02-17-2005, 06:56 AM
:hug: I can feel your anger.
A drunk imbecile rammed her car right into our crowded car and she wasn't punished.

fangirl
02-17-2005, 07:25 AM
:sad: :sad: :hug: :hug:

Tytta!.
02-17-2005, 11:47 AM
:hug: :hug:

snaillyyy
02-17-2005, 12:36 PM
Niti :sad: :hug:

liptea
02-17-2005, 01:11 PM
:hug: I can feel your anger.
A drunk imbecile rammed her car right into our crowded car and she wasn't punished.

I hate that. Some stupid person was really irresponsible and ran over my dog. And they didn't stop or check or apologize or anything, they just sped down the road. :mad:

Tytta!.
02-17-2005, 01:14 PM
I hate that. Some stupid person was really irresponsible and ran over my dog. And they didn't stop or check or apologize or anything, they just sped down the road. :mad:

:smash:

:hug: :hug: :hug:

jasmine(usa)
02-17-2005, 01:44 PM
:sad: Very sorry to hear about your dog liptea. They should have at least stopped and been remorseful about it.:sad: :hatoff: Way to go ANDY!:hatoff:

blosson
02-17-2005, 02:15 PM
:) Simba was beautiful. I'm sorry to hear abot it too. Best wishes.

Fumus
02-17-2005, 02:45 PM
Alright I watched the match....and here's what I thought. I will try not to confuse anyone(*cough* Deb!!)

Andy's backhand slice was :hearts:, using side spin, awesome depth and placement on that shot gave Andy the ability to move Clement effectively on both sides. What I would like to see Andy do next with the slice is hit drop shots. Not every time but, once and awhile. Does anyone else see how far back Andy's opponents play him?! When was the last time we saw a drop shot out of Andy? (Coria...TMS Miami Final?!?)

The second thing I thought was great was Andy's movement. Clement went 3/9 on the drop shots. He tried to pull them as often as he could as a cheap way to win points. Clement got the first one or two, but after that Andy chased them all down and hit winners off them...that'll teach him. What I would like to see Andy do with his new found ability to move is come forward after he hits the big forehand. He crushes the forehand and just waits for the short reply to come to him so he can crush it again. Andy should crush that forehand and come in and volley the next ball away...sometimes. That will keep someone like Roger/Lleyton playing honest because they love to block back Andy's power.

Let me summarize for Deb :D

1.I like the slice, it's really coming along!
2.Drop shots are a wrinkle Andy needs
3.The movement is great, and has never looked better
4.Come in off the big forehands every now and again to volley that short reply away it will make your opponent play you more honest...(i.e. They won't be able to just block it back anymore)

p.s.
Andy was very patient on Clements service games and waited for openings. Andy is really becoming a threat from the back of the court. It’s great to see! That’s what he needs to beat the top guys!

Deboogle!.
02-17-2005, 02:50 PM
Thanks Fumigator! :kiss: I understood everything ;) :ras:

Niti.... oh my gosh, well there's nothing to say, except we are ALL here for you *sends a million hugs back*

Tytta!.
02-17-2005, 02:50 PM
Thanks for the report :)