THOMAS ENQVIST'S BIRTHDAY PROJECT [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

THOMAS ENQVIST'S BIRTHDAY PROJECT

enqvistfan
02-10-2005, 08:34 PM
As you all know, Thomas' birthday, will be March 13th.
As 7 fans will be in Strasbourg for the DC, we'd like to offer him a present.

I suggest to create a banner with "happy birthday Thomas" (in Swedish), and on this banner, we'll write the name of each fan. So, I hope a lot of people will participate !!! It's not difficult, just write your name and your country. Thomas is a great player who did a lot of things for the SWedish Tennis, so it will be great for him to know that he's still supported by his fans.

With this banner, there will be a b-card. If you want to write a message for him, just write it in reply to this message, I'll print the messages and stick them on the b-card. I really hope that there will be more than 7 persons who will participate. It doesn't cost anything, just a few minutes on the net.

You can write in Swedish, English and French.

Well, I'm waiting your suggestions and you are invited to participate !!

Thanks in advance to everyone....for him.

Valérie

http://www.thomasenqvist.com

jmgsdoubsprtnr
02-10-2005, 09:34 PM
do you need last names too? it's no problem, if you do, just tell me and i'll add it later.

name: alison
(could you write my name really big, like gigantic? :p )

b-day card message:
Happy birthday Tompa!
My name's Alison and you're my favorite player. I love your style of playing tennis and the way you carry yourself on the court. Whenever I get the chance, I watch your matches (whether it's on TV or internet scoreboards). I've been able to see you once in person (Indianapolis, 2004) you played a good match, and I was there, front row, cheering you on (with my Swedish flag and Enqvist shirt). I hope to see you there again this year. I didn't get an autograph the first time around, so maybe this year, I'll be lucky enough to get one! See you then!

Kom igen Tompa!! Happy birthday and good luck for 2005!

Alison

(can we add pictures too? i have to go to work now, but if we can, i'll add a funny one i took in indy when i get back)

Aleksa's Laydee
02-10-2005, 09:40 PM
Name: Siobhan

Happy Birthday Thomas!!! I hope you have a good day and i really hope you play great tennis this year, you deserve to rise up the rankings!
Good Luck where ever you play and i hope to see you at either Queens or Wimbledon like i have done the past couple of years! Siobhan

enqvistfan
02-10-2005, 10:42 PM
Thanks a lot for posting the first messages :)) No need to write last names if you don't wish to. Only first name and country.

Valérie
http://www.thomasenqvist.com

jmgsdoubsprtnr
02-11-2005, 01:25 AM
so can i add a picture, or do you want to keep it words-only? either way is fine with me.

enqvistfan
02-11-2005, 07:19 AM
No, he'll have the picture as well. Post it if you want. No problem :)

Valérie

Canuck_Chick
02-11-2005, 10:14 PM
Name: Ally

Happy Birthday Tompa!! I hope you have an awsome year tennis-wise and off the court also!! I wish you all the best in your tournaments and hopefully you'll move up the rankings. Have fun and enjoy all your tournaments!! Hope to see you play in Canada again this year. I'll be there to cheer you on!!
Kom igen!!
Ally

Kyla
02-12-2005, 10:55 AM
Kyla
Germany

Happy birthday and have a great tennis year!

Kristen
02-14-2005, 11:04 AM
Kristen - Australia :)

(If I can think of anything creative, I'll add it here later!")
Thanks Val!

Sommarsverige
02-14-2005, 07:45 PM
Name: Birte

I will also add a text later. Would it be okay if I write in Swedish, Val?

Sommarsverige
02-14-2005, 07:47 PM
So sorry, I really must have forgotten which country I am from, shame on me!

Of course it must be:

jmgsdoubsprtnr
02-15-2005, 06:44 AM
HAHA!!! we can only wish!! it's an honest mistake, birte! i do the same thing. :o

enqvistfan
02-15-2005, 06:12 PM
Name: Birte

I will also add a text later. Would it be okay if I write in Swedish, Val?

Thanks Birte :) Yes, you can write in Swedish, no problem.

I forgot to say that the deadline to post the birthday message is for February 26th, 2005 cause I'll have a new internet provider at home and I won't have internet from the end of february until mid-march. So, please note the deadline : FEBRUARY 26TH 2005

margaret_gn
02-16-2005, 11:44 AM
Name: Margaret

Message: Happy Birthday Thomas, hope you have a wonderful day! Good luck in your tournaments this year!! :)

enqvistfan
02-21-2005, 07:56 PM
Hi, just a little reminder. Deadline date for writing your name/country and/or b-day message is Feb.26th. I also need some men or fans from Sweden. Well, thanks for him :)

Valérie

Kristen
02-22-2005, 02:13 AM
Just on my friends behalf, because I know she'd want to be in this:
Name: Christina

enqvistfan
02-27-2005, 08:27 AM
So, just a word to tell you that it's now no more possible to send b-day messages for Thomas. Finally, we didn't make a banner, but a photo on photoshop, with a b-message and the names/countries of the fans who accepted to participate.

And, for the birthday messages, I bought two cards and now, I have to stick all the messages. So, we'll deliver him everything in Strasbourg.

We are about 20 persons (from mens tennis forum & 100 % Tompa website), so I'd like to thank everyone who have participated. I'm sure he'll appreciate to still have some support.

I'll let you know how he reacted.

Val

jmgsdoubsprtnr
02-28-2005, 02:37 AM
thanks val for the opportunity!!! :hug:

Sommarsverige
02-28-2005, 07:29 PM
I totally agree with Alison ;)
It´s so great, Val, that you do this for us and give us the opportunity to write a birthday message for Tompa :hug:
I can´t wait to get to know about his reaction ;)

And thanks again that you still took my message in, even if I was quite late :(

GermanBoy
03-09-2005, 03:18 PM
Have read it too late... :mad: :sad:

enqvistfan
03-09-2005, 04:35 PM
Hi,

Just a short word to say that I'm back from Strasbourg. As you may know, Thomas wasn't there. But, we gave the messages to Mats Wilander. He told us that he'll give them to him. So, we hope he'll do it...

Thanks again for the ones who have participated :)

Valérie

jmgsdoubsprtnr
03-09-2005, 05:43 PM
:sad: you didn't get to see thomas at all then?

Kristen
03-10-2005, 12:31 AM
Cool :yeah:
Mats is reliable. He passed on messages to Magnus Norman for my friend (and I + others) during ast years R1 DC against Australia. Hope you had fun, despite the result Val. I know I did, seeing the Austrians play! :D

enqvistfan
03-10-2005, 08:50 AM
:sad: you didn't get to see thomas at all then?

No !!! But we spent a good moment there !! I go to Monte Carlo for a week-end (qualies/practrices), so I hope to see him.

Val

margaret_gn
03-10-2005, 11:39 AM
you're so lucky living relatively close to Monte Carlo, the heaven of most of my fave ATP players and being able to go there on weekends! How often do you go? And where do you see Tompa practice? Is it at the tennis club where most of the players have their training?

enqvistfan
03-10-2005, 01:17 PM
you're so lucky living relatively close to Monte Carlo, the heaven of most of my fave ATP players and being able to go there on weekends! How often do you go? And where do you see Tompa practice? Is it at the tennis club where most of the players have their training?

Yes, living in Paris, it's relatively close to travel in Europe. Even if for Monaco, I'm going to take a night train on friday evening and come back to Paris on monday morning with a morning flight and go directly to work. I only go for the week-end, so I leave friday evening, and I'll be back on monday morning, so 2 full days in Monte-Carlo.

the practices are at the Monte-Carlo Country Club, the same place where the players play. So, it's very easy to see them. I like the place a lot.

Val

jmgsdoubsprtnr
03-10-2005, 05:25 PM
you're very lucky val! is there a tournament there, or do you see them just training? :confused:

Sommarsverige
03-10-2005, 11:44 PM
I am not Val, but I hope I can answer as well ;)
The tournament in Monte Carlo is in the middle of april and as I have understand Val she goes to the qualifying, or :confused:
I was at the tournament last year and for me this was so fantastic, it´s just a great tourney! See if I can find some pics, then I will post them...

jmgsdoubsprtnr
03-10-2005, 11:45 PM
cool! thanks Birte!

enqvistfan
05-25-2005, 09:01 AM
Hi, just to tell to the persons who had participated to the project that Thomas got the cards and thanks everyone :)

We asked yesterday to his fiancée.

Thanks a lot for the support !!

Val

Kristen
05-25-2005, 09:04 AM
Cool! :D
Thanks for the update Val!
Sorry he couldn't win yesterday, but these things happen. There are some decent action shots on getty :)

Kristen.