Question for you! [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Question for you!

Lucia
02-10-2005, 02:05 PM
Hi! :wavey: The more threads I read, the more I feel like I'm the only one who has never met Joachim.. or any other player..:sad: But! Next week's friday, I'm going to the Rotterdam Tournament...and he will (probably..) be there! So! I could really really REALLY need some good advice....from you professionals :worship: Every kind of advice is welcome! Please...help me! Thankies! :)

jmgsdoubsprtnr
02-10-2005, 04:04 PM
haha, yeah we pretty much all have kinda funny stories... like i "stole" the autograph from a little girl. :haha: but i've never actually talked to a player. the most i've said was "can i get an autograph" to Söderling. i would have said robin, but i wasn't sure it was him.

but just have a good time and all (well, most) of the players are really really nice, so you'll have no problems getting autographs or small chats (unless they're swamped with fans)

oh no, this made me realize... i might have missed my only chance to talk to pim pim... he's getting so big, and he might be surrounded by fans this year :sad: my boy's all grown up :tears:

Aleksa's Laydee
02-10-2005, 06:39 PM
i know i missed the perfect opportunity to do that too :sobbing:

Lucia just act cool, joachims really friendly! i'm sure he'l chat if hes not really really busy! :D have fun

Sharon
02-10-2005, 09:31 PM
man... i probably missed that too :sobbing: but it was totally pimpims fault (losing first round incincy) :lol: i went there the day after and saw the guy that beat him and got all mad :p

have fun lucia!

Canuck_Chick
02-11-2005, 02:27 AM
Lucia have fun!! I'm sure Pim Pim will be glad to chat to you if he's not too busy. And he definately will not mind signing something for you or even taking a picture!! I'm looking forward to your stories when you come back ;)

jmgsdoubsprtnr
02-11-2005, 04:18 AM
Lucia have fun!! I'm sure Pim Pim will be glad to chat to you if he's not too busy. And he definately will not mind signing something for you or even taking a picture!! I'm looking forward to your stories when you come back ;)
hopefully a funny one!!! :p

Pina
02-11-2005, 04:33 AM
Hey Lucia, have fun in Rotterdam! You know what? In fact I'm THE ONLY ONE who's never met Joachim or any other players yet. :sad: At least you WILL meet him next week. ;)

Be sure to take a camera and a pair of scissors with you. :devil:

Ashie_87
02-11-2005, 05:19 AM
:ras: I missed out on seeing Pimpim by a day. But when I went to the Sydney international this year I was watching the Bryan brothers practice and there was no one else there. I was too shy to actually go up to them and ask for an autograph so I just kinda stood to the side while my brother laughed at me (:fiery: ). Eventually Bob Bryan came over and was like "do you want me to sign that?" :lol: he was so nice.
So I guess my advice would be try not to be shy. I think they kinda sorta like having people support them and have fans that value a piece of paper with their name on it:p and they won't bite;) the worst they can do is say no:)

Aleksa's Laydee
02-11-2005, 07:40 AM
Be sure to take a camera and a pair of scissors with you. :devil:

no NO SCISSORS!!! :worship:

mfpravia
02-11-2005, 10:30 AM
Girl's I'm the only who's never meet Joachim or other player, I'm in Uruguay and nobody comes here because tennis is not a very popular sport, so... i think I'm the real one!! :sad:
I hope one day i can meet Joachim!
Flo

margaret_gn
02-11-2005, 10:44 AM
Hi Lucia, I missed PimPim so many times too when he was in Australia...he IS getting more famous by the day, I mean it's good for him but it also means it's a lot more difficult to get his photo/autograph. My advice would be to go to a quallies day, cos there aren't as many people then, and PimPim might be practicing there already ;)

Have fun!! I'm so jealous my tennis holiday's over :(

Iza
02-11-2005, 11:35 AM
i don't think I'll have the chance to meet Pim cos he won't probably come to BCR Open Romania.
1) cos it's on clay
2) cos it's right after the USO
3) cos the Beijing Open is in the same week

Kat!
02-11-2005, 01:55 PM
Good luck & have fun at the tournament Lucia!!! ^^ as everyone have said already pimpim is a really friendly guy, so just say hi to him or something... lol.

Lucia
02-11-2005, 07:34 PM
I'm so excited that I may actually meet him! But...he's GOT to make it to the quarterfinals! I can't go to the tournie on another day, coz it's a loooong drive from where I live! And Pina...noooo scissors! I won't get past security...too bad :(

Aleksa's Laydee
02-11-2005, 08:37 PM
he will get to the 1/4's hes great remember ;)

Canuck_Chick
02-11-2005, 08:52 PM
he will get to the 1/4's hes great remember ;)
yeah, we have faith in Pim! he'll get to the quarters :)

Lucia
02-12-2005, 12:40 PM
He has no choice, coz I'll totally kick his ass if he doesn't make it! :devil:

Sommarsverige
02-12-2005, 09:38 PM
Lucia, I also want to wish you a great day with Pim Pim and the other players in Rotterdam! I am sure you will like it a lot and most of the players are really so nice and friendly.

So, have a great time and I am already waiting for your reports ;)

Pina
02-13-2005, 03:00 AM

Can I join you? I mean the kick ass thing ;)

Lucia
02-13-2005, 09:31 AM
Totally! :devil: The more the merrier!

Aleksa's Laydee
02-13-2005, 12:34 PM
:lol: :yeah:

Canuck_Chick
02-13-2005, 08:22 PM
just don't injure him ;) :p

Kristen
02-14-2005, 11:50 AM
Hey Lucia!

Just remember, PimPim is just a regular guy. He just happens to play a sport that our (online) world tends to revolve around!

And also, as Ashie said... try not to be shy because you're going to be so happy after you've spoken to him / gotten photo/autograph with him :) It's good timing for you, you can make small talk, like "Congratulations on Marseille!". Have a great time!

Flo, one day we're gonna have to bring you out to one of our countries with plenty of tennis so you can meet Joachim / other players!! :D

Lucia
02-16-2005, 09:08 AM
just don't injure him ;) :p
Nah, just a couple of bruises should do it!

Aleksa's Laydee
02-16-2005, 11:11 AM
Hey Lucia!

Just remember, PimPim is just a regular guy. He just happens to play a sport that our (online) world tends to revolve around!

:haha: you said that to me when i met up with alex...that freaked me out big time :o :haha:

Lucia
02-19-2005, 10:03 AM
So yesterday I went to Rotterdam and it was soooo cool! But no Joachim... :( too bad! But! When I saw Thomas Johansson play...I was like :eek: :worship: He's sooooo good! Never really paid attention to him before...Oh and I did get autographs from a lot of players! Sjeng, Roger, Raemon, Thomas and more! And...I would've totally kicked Pim Pims ass..but he wasn't around...probably knew that I was coming...hehe

jmgsdoubsprtnr
02-19-2005, 06:11 PM
he knew about the ass-kicking that you told us about and got :scared: he ran away.

Canuck_Chick
02-19-2005, 10:29 PM
so maybe he DOES come to mtf....or is there a secret spy among us :lol: ;)