Who will win more than 10 tournies in 2005 ? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Who will win more than 10 tournies in 2005 ?

TheMightyFed
02-10-2005, 09:31 AM
In the "hottest player" thread, a JCF fan wrote that he would vote for his fave on this poll... I wanted to have your opinion on that, just to check the overall feeling... I didn't put an "other"category, but I don't think there are so many other players able to do it anyway... ;)

Ferrero Forever
02-10-2005, 10:03 AM
i kept my word, and it's a she.

TheMightyFed
02-10-2005, 10:15 AM
i kept my word, and it's a she.
Sorry Madam !! ;)
Go JCF, but don't lose time, a big task is ahead of you !!

Ferrero Forever
02-10-2005, 10:23 AM
hahaha, yeah JCF can definetly do it if he hurries up and finds his form.

Riley Finn
02-10-2005, 10:25 AM
no one

EternalFlame
02-10-2005, 11:41 AM
I also think no one will win more than 10 tourneys...

Horatio Caine
02-10-2005, 11:44 AM
No chance that anyone will do that. The bar has been raised again this year and although Fed is still better than everyone, he has lost his complete aura of invincibility. He won't play enough smaller tournaments to have a chance of more than 10 titles this year. None of the top players will play enough tournmants and the lesser players will continue to split the titles left between them.

Puschkin
02-10-2005, 11:47 AM
I also think no one will win more than 10 tourneys...

I'd have said the same last year, and I was proven wrong :worship:

Auscon
02-10-2005, 12:02 PM
Gaston Gaudio.....his 13 will include defence of Roland Garros, a crushing victory over Federer at Wimbledon, a stomping of Safin and Roddick at the USO, and a thrashing of the field at the Masters without the loss of a set

no, I dont think anyone will grab 10 titles this year, unless some of the top guys decide to play in plenty of smalltime tournaments

Fergie
02-10-2005, 12:05 PM
Just Roger can, who more? ;)

TennisLurker
02-10-2005, 12:07 PM
no one I hope

Auscon
02-10-2005, 12:12 PM
maybe if Rafter makes a comeback

rwn
02-10-2005, 12:15 PM
Roger Federer is also in 2005 very capable of winning more than 10 titles. Last year he won 11 titles out of 17 tournaments played :eek:
He even missed a couple of tournaments because of an injury. I see no reason why he can't do it again, he is still a lot better than everybody else. Safin is the only top player who has shown he can really hurt him and only when Roger clearly wasn't at his best.

Riley Finn
02-10-2005, 12:16 PM
no one I hope

HATER!

Riley Finn
02-10-2005, 12:19 PM
Roger Federer is also in 2005 very capable of winning more than 10 titles. Last year he won 11 titles out of 17 tournaments played :eek:
He even missed a couple of tournaments because of an injury. I see no reason why he can't do it again, he is still a lot better than everybody else. Safin is the only top player who has shown he can really hurt him and only when Roger clearly wasn't at his best.

DAMN! I couldn't see it. He was steamrolling everyone before he got to play Safin, but he wans't at his best. I'm afraid what to expect from Federer if he's at his best. Probably 6-0 6-0 wins and 6-0 6-1 6-0 wins at slams.Long live Roger Federer the best ever, the most handsome, the most intelligent player EVER!

rwn
02-10-2005, 01:10 PM
IMO it was very clear he wasn't playing at his best (and I'm not talking about his first 5 matches), but you don't have to agree of course. The rest of this year will show if I'm right or not. If the top 10 players start beating Federer on a regular basis (not just 1 defeat in 15 months) you are proven right and I am proven wrong.

Riley Finn
02-10-2005, 01:25 PM
No comments. I think I'm done discussing Roger with his fans. I think I must stop reading Federer fans' posts because I will turn against him.

HybridTheory
02-10-2005, 01:30 PM
JCF :bounce: :woohoo: ;)

TheMightyFed
02-10-2005, 01:35 PM
No comments. I think I'm done discussing Roger with his fans. I think I must stop reading Federer fans' posts because I will turn against him.
Who are you rooting for, you seem pretty negative... Roger is not God, he's not even walking on water but it's difficult to hate or to criticize him. I was reading an interview of Wilander saying that it was insane that Fed won in Thailand, small tourney, after his small Slam. And Wilander knows about small Slams. It sums up the greatness of Fed: keep winning, keep focused, be professional, but with simplicity. Such champions are rare... ;)

wimbledonfan
02-10-2005, 01:36 PM
rwn , you have to understand that when a player plays against a good player like Marat Safin , he is more prone to make errors which is why all Federer fans think he wasn't playing at his best . Give me a break , why don't you just admit it that Federer was playing as best as he can but just lost to a better player that day .

Enough said .

Riley Finn
02-10-2005, 01:45 PM
Who are you rooting for, you seem pretty negative... Roger is not God, he's not even walking on water but it's difficult to hate or to criticize him. I was reading an interview of Wilander saying that it was insane that Fed won on Thailand, small tourney, after his small Slam. And Wilander knows about small Slams. It sums up the greatness of Fed: keep winning, keep focused, be professional, but with simplicity. Such champions are rare... ;)

I'M NEGATIVE WHEN I SEE IGNORANT POSTS OR BLIND FANSHIP. I DON'T HATE HIM AND AM NOT CRITICIZING HIM, JUST CRITICIZING HIS FANS. NO ONE SAID ROGER IS NOT A CHAMP.

TheMightyFed
02-10-2005, 01:45 PM
rwn , you have to understand that when a player plays against a good player like Marat Safin , he is more prone to make errors which is why all Federer fans think he wasn't playing at his best . Give me a break , why don't you just admit it that Federer was playing as best as he can but just lost to a better player that day .

Enough said .
I'm with you, it makes me laugh when people say that a player didn't play his best, then he lost... The nature of tennis, like boxing or martial arts, is the fight. Then, the force or greatness or whatever, is relative to the opponent's. Then it's the form and ability of the moment that count, not "average" or "already seen" form and ability.
So if Fed was runing like hell and was pushed to unforced errors and missed this match point, it was because Safin was playing out there. Plus the mental factor is so important in the game that you cannot compare an awesome Fed's game in USO finals where he wanted badly to bagel Big Mouth Hewitt for a ton of reasons, and a less beautiful one against Safin...
If a guy loses, it's because he was weaker than his opponent, as simple as that. ;)

Art&Soul
02-10-2005, 01:47 PM
If its not ROGER, so no one! And i hope there's one and its ROGI :)

TheMightyFed
02-10-2005, 01:48 PM
I'M NEGATIVE WHEN I SEE IGNORANT POSTS OR BLIND FANSHIP. I DON'T HATE HIM AND AM NOT CRITICIZING HIM, JUST CRITICIZING HIS FANS. NO ONE SAID ROGER IS NOT A CHAMP.
OK great, so who's your fave and why ?

Riley Finn
02-10-2005, 02:04 PM
Marat Safin...I also like Dre,Carlos,Tompa,Nikolai.

And why? Because I like his game.

lizzieh
02-10-2005, 02:04 PM
I don't think anyone will, but then again I thought that last year so.....

TheMightyFed
02-10-2005, 02:11 PM
Marat Safin...I also like Dre,Carlos,Tompa,Nikolai.

And why? Because I like his game.
It's always a lot of fun to chat with you about tennis, you have so many things to say, so many opinions, so many feelings you want to share about players. Plus you don't stop cracking jokes, really a good time... :lol:

Art&Soul
02-10-2005, 02:12 PM

Enough said .

So when Federer beat Sampras at Wimblendon, if i'm not wrong you said somewhat Sampras wasn't at his best and ROGER was lucky to beat him and today see what you said! :) So only Sampras could be on his off day, right? :D

Riley Finn
02-10-2005, 02:19 PM
So when Federer beat Sampras at Wimblendon, if i'm not wrong you said somewhat Sampras wasn't at his best and ROGER was lucky to beat him and today see what you said! :) So only Sampras could be on his off day, right? :D

Baring in mind that Pete had done shit before Wimbledon that year,and he even managed to struggle against great Barry Cowan in the 2nd round, you really lost me with yoyur argument here. Really bad comparison. And I can't even stand Sampras.

Riley Finn
02-10-2005, 02:23 PM
It's always a lot of fun to chat with you about tennis, you have so many things to say, so many opinions, so many feelings you want to share about players. Plus you don't stop cracking jokes, really a good time... :lol:

Hmmm...not sure if you're for real or is this some sort of an attempt to make me feel stupid?

TheMightyFed
02-10-2005, 02:28 PM
Hmmm...not sure if you're for real or is this some sort of an attempt to make me feel stupid?
;)

wimbledonfan
02-10-2005, 02:30 PM
Arts and soul , the difference is , Roger is the number 1 player and playing at his best tennis at the moment . Pete Sampras wasn't the number 1 player back then and was coming off his worst season ever . Pete was also tested in the second round of that wimby tourny in a 5 setter which is not usual for Pete . After that match , I knew in my mind that his streak was coming to an end .

I can honestly say , without being bias , that Pete wasn't playing his best tennis . In fact his best years on that surface were behind him .

TheMightyFed
02-10-2005, 02:30 PM
Already 3 votes for Ferrero's 10+ tournies ! I hope he's getting prepared for the come back... Bamos !!

Riley Finn
02-10-2005, 02:36 PM
Just wait for the Safin brigade to show up.

TheMightyFed
02-10-2005, 02:39 PM
Just wait for the Safin brigade to show up.
Actually I would think Safin would get more votes, when you see his 2 MS + 1 GS series just done, that's pretty amazing... :worship:

Riley Finn
02-10-2005, 02:44 PM
imo,even if Safin has a good season,he can win 8 titles maybe.

wimbledonfan
02-10-2005, 02:47 PM
The Safinaholics are at school right now .

Do you think they know who Ivan Lendle is ? I get the funny feeling that the safinoholics know nothing about tennis . lol .

TheMightyFed
02-10-2005, 02:49 PM

Do you think they know who Ivan Lendle is ? I get the funny feeling that the safinoholics know nothing about tennis . lol .
Lendle I don't know, but Lendl was a great player in the 80's ;)

Riley Finn
02-10-2005, 02:49 PM
as opposed to fedoholics,hewittoholics or dickoholics?

EternalFlame
02-10-2005, 02:50 PM
I'd have said the same last year, and I was proven wrong :worship:

Well he has done it once. But 2 years in a row doesn't look realistic to me. He is human as he proved it in AO. He may choke as everybody sometimes does. But everything is possible in life. I can be proven wrong. And who knows, it can be Marat who proves me wrong... ;)

EternalFlame
02-10-2005, 02:52 PM
Safinettes will not vote for something they don't believe... The ones I know at least...

EternalFlame
02-10-2005, 02:59 PM

It is funny really. :rolleyes:

Puschkin
02-10-2005, 03:04 PM
Well he has done it once.

I would not have dared to predict this. There was a poll last year on his offical site and I laughed out loud about those voting for "more than eight".

But 2 years in a row doesn't look realistic to me.

To me neither. I did not vote on this thread.

TheMightyFed
02-10-2005, 03:08 PM
Will Ferrero beat Safin ? Other question: Are we in 2005 ???? ;) :eek:

Marusha
02-10-2005, 03:19 PM
Hey!
Who voted for Malisse 10+? :haha:

He took his first title last week (in his 25 he won tournament with seed 1 was Spadea - 19 in CR).

The best for him to clinch even another one. :silly:

Mr.Eboni
02-10-2005, 03:26 PM
Andy..i hope!

Denaon
02-10-2005, 03:52 PM
where's NOONE in the poll???

perrygreen
02-10-2005, 04:48 PM
Federer will win more tournies than any other players for sure but more than 10? If Safin keeps his motivation and cool (I hope so), he may win some tournies from Federer though Federer will win more of their encounters. However, I have to admit that he's the only one having a chance at least.

By the way, I don't understand why some of Federer's fans keep saying that Federer was not playing his best while Safin was in that semi. It sounds very unfair to Safin. I would say that both were not playing at their best but fought their best. If anyone of you have watched Safin's play in 2000, it is very clear that he is not at peak now. His forehand is much worse when compared to 2000 or even 2002 (confidence problem as always). Federer is an excellent player as we all know and I love to watch him play because the shots are so beautiful and amazing. But please be fair to a good player who tried so hard to win a tough match and delivered such a great match to all tennis fans.

rwn
02-10-2005, 04:50 PM

Well, that day Safin was better, that's clear. I will admit that.
I don't agree that Federer played as well as he can play. He wasn't (in my opinion of course). I'm still convinced Roger is a better player than Marat. But maybe Safin will prove me wrong in the next couple of matches.
Last year there were also 6 players better than Federer in a match. That doesn't mean they are better players or that Federer won't win more than 10 tournaments.

yanchr
02-10-2005, 04:54 PM

Enough said .
Yes, Roger was playing as best as he could within his health limitation that day and lost to the better and physically stronger player in the end.

yanchr
02-10-2005, 05:03 PM
There was a poll last year on his offical site and I laughed out loud about those voting for "more than eight".
Me too :wavey: I actually voted for 8, and still I think it was MANY.

For this year, I have to keep my reservation for those voting for 10+ for Roger again.

Lee
02-10-2005, 05:17 PM
In the "hottest player" thread, a JCF fan wrote that he would vote for his fave on this poll... I wanted to have your opinion on that, just to check the overall feeling... I didn't put an "other"category, but I don't think there are so many other players able to do it anyway... ;)

Should anyone take it seriously then? ;)

Roger may win 10+, if

1) Safin loses his head again and fire Peter
2) Hewitt has another fight with ATP and determine getting marry is more important than playing tennis

Moreover, I see Roddick is trying to improve and add dimension to his game, if he's successful, it's very unlikely Roger will win more than 10 tournaments.

There is a fan mentioned Roger only played 17 tournaments and won 11 out of them. Implying that if Roger wants to have more titles, he only needs to play more tournaments. Keep in mind that, the more you win, the less tournaments you can play. A player playing 30 tournaments but lost in 2nd or 3rd round will play less matches than a player playing 15 tournaments but reach semi or finals all the time and physically less demanding.

zillianff
02-10-2005, 06:38 PM
federer has a chance imo.

marilag
02-10-2005, 07:17 PM
Roger Federer.

tangerine_dream
02-10-2005, 08:04 PM
Who are the wiseguys who voted for Malisse besides me ? ;)

Geniey2g
02-10-2005, 08:12 PM
No chance that anyone will do that. The bar has been raised again this year and although Fed is still better than everyone, he has lost his complete aura of invincibility. He won't play enough smaller tournaments to have a chance of more than 10 titles this year. None of the top players will play enough tournmants and the lesser players will continue to split the titles left between them.
Yep, yep, and yep :).

Geniey2g
02-10-2005, 08:14 PM
Uh, no offence, but why is Malisse even on that list?? He only won his first title (after 7 finals, I might add) on Sunday!

TheMightyFed
02-10-2005, 08:20 PM
Uh, no offence, but why is Malisse even on that list?? He only won his first title (after 7 finals, I might add) on Sunday!
that was a bit of a joke, but who knows, maybe that's the start, he will be liberated !!

marilag
02-10-2005, 08:24 PM
Roger may have lost his aura of invincibility. but I think he's resilient enough to bounce back strongly from the semifinal loss at the AO.

I hope so anyway.

jmgsdoubsprtnr
02-10-2005, 09:08 PM
i voted for the obvious: Federer

Riley Finn
02-10-2005, 11:01 PM
I'm pretty sure Malisse will go undefeated now. Unless he has to play Melzer.

Nimomunz
02-10-2005, 11:43 PM
Safin and Federer will split all the important titles this year.......... :D
Btw noone of federers calibre who plays like poetry will ever look good losing thats why we think he wasnt on his game!! I mean federer has made a career out of playing pretty. So whenever he loses esp if he's on his knees in the end then everyone will be like oh not at his best!! :angel:

tennisman.
02-11-2005, 01:24 AM
Ninja will win 12-14,and Andy wins 10,Lleyton 8

WyveN
02-11-2005, 03:37 AM
Winning more then 10 titles is extremely difficult. If Federer wins the next few that he enters I guess he has a chance, otherwise no one.

LiZpHaIr
02-11-2005, 03:38 AM
Tim will win 10 titles this year, 2 of them being Grand Slams.

WyveN
02-11-2005, 03:38 AM
Ninja will win 12-14,and Andy wins 10,Lleyton 8

I doubt that is even mathematically possible.

Nimomunz
02-11-2005, 03:48 AM

As a fan your devotion is inspiring but honestly.....aint gonna happen!! :wavey:

Domino
02-11-2005, 04:00 AM
Gaudio!!!! Or not...

LiZpHaIr
02-11-2005, 04:44 AM
As a fan your devotion is inspiring but honestly.....aint gonna happen!! :wavey:

Who said we had to be honest?

Tim will win more than your shitty favorites.

Federerhingis
02-11-2005, 04:47 AM
In my opinion I dont see this happening again, yes Federer is awesome and to me he is the best player out there regardless of his humaness, which was personified after his semi loss at the aussie open a few weeks ago. However I do believe it is very possible for him to win 6-8 titles should he keep his form of play that hes been playing with for the past 18 months. 8-10 is still possible but more than ten i highly doubt it, as many have pointed out the bar has been risen again, and everyone will be gunning against Federer.

Now the more interesting question will be who will win more than 2 masters series events this year? Or perhaps more than 3? Has anyone ever won more than 3 masters series events in one season? Maybe Agassi however i think he only won like three one year i believe 2001 or 02 where he won indian wells, ericsson and the spanish masters i forget what it was called. :worship: :worship:

LiZpHaIr
02-11-2005, 06:54 AM
In my opinion I dont see this happening again, yes Federer is awesome and to me he is the best player out there regardless of his humaness, which was personified after his semi loss at the aussie open a few weeks ago. However I do believe it is very possible for him to win 6-8 titles should he keep his form of play that hes been playing with for the past 18 months. 8-10 is still possible but more than ten i highly doubt it, as many have pointed out the bar has been risen again, and everyone will be gunning against Federer.

Now the more interesting question will be who will win more than 2 masters series events this year? Or perhaps more than 3? Has anyone ever won more than 3 masters series events in one season? Maybe Agassi however i think he only won like three one year i believe 2001 or 02 where he won indian wells, ericsson and the spanish masters i forget what it was called. :worship: :worship:

Most of the TMS titles will be Tim's. None for Andre. SORRY! :wavey:

iliketennis
02-11-2005, 09:34 AM
Gaston is looking good for his second title of the year this week. :D He can definitely win a few more clay court titles this year. And really, I see no problem with his game on other surfaces. It is all really about confidence, and that will grow as he wins more matches, especially on grass.
.Although I hate Roger Federer with a passion, I do respect his ability and I expect 4 or 5 titles from him this year.

And as for Mariano, maybe he can win a few ITF's if he really practices hard :rolleyes: lol. Poor Zabqui. This will be his year of revival.

Vass
02-11-2005, 12:16 PM
No one will win 10 tournaments this year. :)

foul_dwimmerlaik
02-11-2005, 12:35 PM
Tim will win more than your shitty favorites.Unless he plays Davydenko.

Seriously though, no one'll win ten or more this year.

Denaon
02-11-2005, 01:29 PM
:lol::haha:
no, no, LiZpHaIr, I'm not laughing at you, I'm laughing with you.........

jacobhiggins
02-11-2005, 10:04 PM
It's all up to Federer, he's the only one I can see doing it. No one else can, just because Federer is their. He's by far the most talented and who knows whats gonna happend this season. I would be very suprised if he dosen't do well, I was suprised he lost the AO. Even Safin was considered a walk over match, that's CRAZY.

LiZpHaIr
02-11-2005, 10:12 PM
:lol::haha:
no, no, LiZpHaIr, I'm not laughing at you, I'm laughing with you.........

o.o

I'm not laughing...I am laughing at the prospect of Roger winning more slams! HAH! Nobody is winning any until' Tim retires. Well, maybe Safin or Lleyton or Guga will be able to sneak the FO away from Tim, but not Wimby or USO.

Riley Finn
02-11-2005, 10:17 PM
actually Tim is winning ze French. I thought we had it established.

TheMightyFed
02-14-2005, 03:31 PM
Johansson and Gaudio could have a shot... ;)

sigmagirl91
02-14-2005, 03:57 PM
I picked Marat. If he can keep his head together, he can do it.

Riley Finn
02-14-2005, 06:31 PM
Johansson and Gaudio could have a shot... ;)

I even think they could win 15 each!

Action Jackson
02-14-2005, 06:33 PM
Roddick is going to win 16.

Are there 16 more events in North America?

He'll win Memphis, Indian Wells, Miami, Houston,Washington, Indianapolis, Los Angeles, Cincinatti, Montreal and the US Open. He probably should play Newport as well.

Riley Finn
02-14-2005, 06:46 PM
Gaudio will win Valencia,Monte Carlo,Estoril,Barcelona,Rome,Hamburg,St Poelten,FO,Bstaad, Stuttgard,Kitzbuel,Bucharest and Palermo.

while Pim Pim will do it in Rotterdam,Queens,Nottingham,Wimbledon,Beijing,Bang kok,Metz,Stockolm,Madrid,Basel,Paris and MC...so that's only 14...that's why he'll end the year behind ROddick and Gaudio

Foxy Smile
02-14-2005, 06:50 PM
Seems it's time for Marat and Roger to retire.
They have nothing to do in tennis world.

Riley Finn
02-14-2005, 06:54 PM
And with Hewitt getting engaged 8 times a year , there's no one to stop the madness!

Action Jackson
02-14-2005, 06:59 PM
Nothing at all future generations will be sticking the arse out and using the leg drive and serving aces.

My list should be Memphis, Scottsadale, Indian Wells, Miami, Houston,Washington, Indianapolis, Los Angeles, Cincinatti, Montreal and the US Open.

In addition to Vienna, Moscow and St Petersburg plus San Jose and those are his titles.

Riley Finn
02-14-2005, 10:58 PM
I think we're done. We're up for a fun ride this year!

Action Jackson
02-15-2005, 08:08 AM
The anticipation is overwhelming.

*SKYE*
02-15-2005, 08:25 AM
Well Federer is looking good still, although because of his defeat to Safin it could encourage and determine him and take off the pressure when versing him.

Riley Finn
02-15-2005, 08:44 AM
The anticipation is overwhelming.

Yes, I woke up with saliva all over my pillow today.

Action Jackson
02-15-2005, 08:45 AM

That can happen now and then especially when Mr 16 titles is the subject of the dream.

Riley Finn
02-15-2005, 08:50 AM
I'm amazed that I didn't wet myself. Maybe I need viagra?

iliketennis
02-15-2005, 08:52 AM
Why do I get the feeling that all the Gaudio comments are sarcastic :confused:

Action Jackson
02-15-2005, 08:53 AM
I'm amazed that I didn't wet myself. Maybe I need viagra?

Viagra and Red Bull supposedly helps for virility as well.

Riley Finn
02-15-2005, 08:57 AM
Might try it today. Will report tomorrow.

Action Jackson
02-15-2005, 09:00 AM
Or you could watch a Roddick or Karlovic servefest that could do it for you, nah sorry Riley I confused you for Leena.

Foxy Smile
02-15-2005, 01:11 PM

Ehhhh Try not to drown next time :)

Foxy Smile
02-15-2005, 01:15 PM
Why do I get the feeling that all the Gaudio comments are sarcastic :confused:

You think so? No way! I can't believe!

Riley Finn
02-15-2005, 01:32 PM
Neither can I!

Foxy Smile
02-15-2005, 02:13 PM
Riley, GWH
How you can be so mean and heartless to talk about Gaudio in this sarcastic manner? You are panished. Now you should go to "Roddick, Coria, etc, etc.." thread and read it from the begining to the end 10 times.

Riley Finn
02-15-2005, 02:27 PM
goes to said thread

misyou25
02-15-2005, 07:23 PM
Pim Pim and Federer probably

marcelwks
02-15-2005, 10:01 PM
Where is Gaudio ?

Foxy Smile
02-15-2005, 10:02 PM
He's all around:worship:

Hendu
02-15-2005, 10:11 PM
Nobody will win more than 10 tournies.... :scratch: well maybe Gaudio :cat:

:crazy:

ugotlobbed
02-16-2005, 01:59 AM
i dont know why u ppl think ferroro will win so much...hes been losing so often .... idont really know what happend to him....but even moya has better chances of winning these days than ferroro

oneandonlyhsn
02-16-2005, 06:27 AM
I put in Roddick, he is playing in all th easy tournaments with hardly any top 10 players. Any surprise why he doesn't do well in the GrandSlams? He should have gone to Rotterdam better experience. JMO

niko
02-16-2005, 06:43 AM
I put in Roddick, he is playing in all th easy tournaments with hardly any top 10 players. Any surprise why he doesn't do well in the GrandSlams? He should have gone to Rotterdam better experience. JMO
Excelent, I'd say a brilliant point!

Horatio Caine
02-16-2005, 11:26 AM
Maybe Joachim might stand a chance of achieving this feat if he sticks to the smaller tournaments.

He has a good chance in Rotterdam, Nottingham (if he is going), and some of the smaller indoor tournaments in October. On a more serious note I'd expec him to win between 3-5 tournaments this year.

Geniey2g
02-16-2005, 02:52 PM
That's very true. What's up with that? Andy's schedule has been very questionable this year, imo; I'd like to hear some of the logic behind it.

federer express
02-16-2005, 06:48 PM
hope the ppl voting for malisse were drunk

Fumus
02-16-2005, 07:15 PM
A-Rod is on his way to number 2..

Riley Finn
02-16-2005, 07:33 PM
to #1 even!

oneandonlyhsn
02-16-2005, 08:40 PM
to #1 even!

Too funny, if he only keeps playing in Memphis. Maybe, but if he plays with the big guns I wouldnt count on it.

heya
02-16-2005, 09:01 PM
Qatar and Rotterdam gave so many ranking points and they're VERY difficult events.
Super Nalbandian lost. Hand over the
Mickey Mouse trophy to the ostrich.
Wimbledon and Halle are not easy events anymore.:tape:

Action Jackson
02-16-2005, 09:09 PM
These are all realistic targets for Roddick in 2005. Though too bad he is not playing Scottsdale, if he wins these in addition to San Jose he'll have his 11 titles.

Memphis, Scottsdale, Indian Wells, Miami, Houston,Washington, Indianapolis, Los Angeles, Cincinatti, Montreal and the US Open.

Lee
02-16-2005, 09:25 PM
These are all realistic targets for Roddick in 2005. Though too bad he is not playing Scottsdale, if he wins these in addition to San Jose he'll have his 11 titles.

Memphis, Scottsadale, Indian Wells, Miami, Houston,Washington, Indianapolis, Los Angeles, Cincinatti, Montreal and the US Open.

He won't win in Scottsdale.

The desert air at night is too cold for him. It's a shame that the tournament was so inconsiderate to arrange all his matches at night. It was miserable cold and wet and he had to play 2 matches in one day because of rain delay. Yes, that's the reason he lost to Spadea last year.

RogiFan88
02-16-2005, 09:33 PM
there's no choice for NOBODY

Dirk
02-17-2005, 05:06 AM
Pete was number one for 6 years. Did he suddenly lose his aura after losing a slam match???? :rolleyes: I say only Federer can win 10 titles or more this year, but he would definitely have to play the indoor season in the fall this time.

Dirk
02-17-2005, 05:09 AM
Heya The Master's Cup is not an easy event but Roger sure makes it look easy doesn't he? ;) :P Oh and if Andy had beaten Roger in 03 at Wimbledon and went on to win the title..would you disrespect his accomplishment by calling it an easy event?

Dirk
02-17-2005, 05:12 AM
Roddick is going to win 16.

Are there 16 more events in North America?

He'll win Memphis, Indian Wells, Miami, Houston,Washington, Indianapolis, Los Angeles, Cincinatti, Montreal and the US Open. He probably should play Newport as well.

GWH um you might have to take out IW, Miami, Cincy, Montreal and USO because they tend to have most of the top 50 in them. Still that gives Andy 11 titles which isn't all that bad.

Daniel
03-05-2005, 06:46 AM
Federer

Golfnduck
03-05-2005, 06:49 AM
Roddick

Action Jackson
03-05-2005, 06:55 AM
GWH um you might have to take out IW, Miami, Cincy, Montreal and USO because they tend to have most of the top 50 in them. Still that gives Andy 11 titles which isn't all that bad.

Yes, come on he is going to win every event in North America that he plays in. You know the Roddick revolution is going to get you.

Aphex
03-05-2005, 06:59 AM
I can't believe I just read through this thread :unsure: I clearly have too much time to waste :speakles:

dani-fan Belgium
03-05-2005, 07:57 PM
only one person can do this and that's Federer

***Daniela86***
03-05-2005, 09:15 PM
If there were matches in 3 winning sets in every tournaments, Marat could win 10 tournies but with 2 winning sets, IMO, only Federer can do it :)

RogiFan88
03-06-2005, 03:33 AM
pandy didn't win memphis... scottsdale...

Levo.
03-06-2005, 06:58 AM
Meh. Hewitt I'd hope, otherwise I hope no-one does ;)

TheMightyFed
03-31-2005, 01:11 PM
Fed still leading after IW, let's see if Nadal is in the race after Miami...

Exodus
03-31-2005, 02:36 PM
Federer ofcourse he's got four already and will probably win Miami as well