The Match of round 1:Nadal vs. Calleri [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

The Match of round 1:Nadal vs. Calleri

willie
02-07-2005, 03:30 AM
This will be really a great match for a first round, i think it will be a long match hopefully nadal winning it.

who do you think will win??? :wavey:

Action Jackson
02-07-2005, 03:33 AM
I want Calleri to win, the last match they played was of a very high standard, and hopefully this is the same.

Leena
02-07-2005, 03:38 AM
I think Rafa wins in 2 sets.

jole
02-07-2005, 03:41 AM
$ is on Rafa with nice odds. Nadal obviously won an amazing match (got lucky in some regards) on hard last year, but even if Gordo is firing on all cylinders, the slow South American dirt helps Nadal tons.

Action Jackson
02-07-2005, 03:44 AM
$ is on Rafa with nice odds. Nadal obviously won an amazing match (got lucky in some regards) on hard last year, but even if Gordo is firing on all cylinders, the slow South American dirt helps Nadal tons.

Calleri won the match in Indian Wells and not Nadal.

The clay doesn't benefit any player in particular as they are both very comfortable on the surface.

Carito_90
02-07-2005, 03:49 AM
I think I'll be going to watch it :) Can't wait!
GO RAFA!!

jole
02-07-2005, 05:30 AM

The clay doesn't benefit any player in particular as they are both very comfortable on the surface.

Er, yea. The 7-6 in third. Perhaps I should sleep.

Elwing
02-07-2005, 01:01 PM
well i like Calleri a lot but i think Nadal has better chances to win , he has shown an excellent level at AO and if he keeps playing like that, adding he's confortable in clay, i think he'll make it...

jcadam2003
02-07-2005, 06:08 PM

you have got to be kidding me!! First of all, Nadal had match point and a sitter forehand that he hit into the net. But most importantly, Nadal is not the same player that he was a year ago. He has a lot more experience and a lot more confidence. Nadal will win! This is going to be a BIG year for Rafa, especially on clay!!!

Becool
02-07-2005, 10:36 PM
Well.. I want Agustin to winm but I think Rafa will