MTF RG Meeting Thread [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

MTF RG Meeting Thread

ae wowww
02-06-2005, 06:21 PM
Guys, like the Dutch have done for Rotterdam, I think we should submit a list of who will be going on which days.
If you can all (all who is going) pm me the days you plan to go, I can create the list!

Monday 23rd May
Andrew (ae wowww)
Michelle (michelleg)
Siobhan (Aleksa's Lady)

Tuesday 24th May
Andrew (ae wowww)
Michelle (michelleg)
Michel (Strabavy)
Siobhan (Aleksa's Lady)

Wednesday 25th May
Andrew (ae wowww)
Choupi (Choupi)
Michelle (michelleg)
Michel (Strabavy)

Thursday 26th May
Andrew (ae wowww)
Michel (Strabavy)

Friday 27th May
Andrew (ae wowww)
Kyla (Kyla)

Saturday 28th May
Andrew (ae wowww)
Kyla (Kyla)

Sunday 29th May (?)
Andrew (ae wowww)
Kyla (Kyla)
PFB (PinkFeatherBoa)
BG2 (BelgianGirl)

Monday 30th May
PFB (PinkFeatherBoa)

Tuesday 31st May
PFB (PinkFeatherBoa)

Wednesday 1st June
PFB (PinkFeatherBoa)

Thursday 2nd June

Friday 3rd June
Puschki (Puschki)

Saturday 4th June

Sunday 5th June
Puschki (Puschki)

ae wowww
02-16-2005, 09:01 PM
I take it everyone has changed their mind about going? :lol: Or perhaps you're worried you were rude to someone ;)?

bad gambler
02-17-2005, 05:23 AM
are u going?

crimson
02-17-2005, 05:20 PM
You will probably get more responses if you ask about this in a thread in GM. Many people going to RG might not be aware that there is a thread about this here, as they may not have looked at the forum for this year's RG yet given that it's still a few months away.

ae wowww
02-17-2005, 05:24 PM
I am going BG, for the first week... crimson, thanks for your advice again ;) I've slapped a post into GM so hopefully attract more people here...

ae wowww
02-17-2005, 08:01 PM
I went through the first 10 pages of the other thread, I got the impression these guys intend to go:
FrogBurger
Rosie
Eruwen
cheerlead #1
Bibir
Marine

If this is you, please confirm which days, or if you have some time on your hands, pm them ;)

bad gambler
02-17-2005, 09:56 PM
i'd like to go

but instead going to some european tournies towards the end of the year

ae wowww
02-18-2005, 07:16 AM
i'd like to go

but instead going to some european tournies towards the end of the year
Sure I can't persuade you to join the MTF Parisian Crew?

Choupi
02-18-2005, 09:47 AM
I'm quite sure that Rosie will go. As for me, I should go with ataxie.

bad gambler
02-18-2005, 09:53 AM
Sure I can't persuade you to join the MTF Parisian Crew?

:p

*Ljubica*
02-18-2005, 07:52 PM
I'm quite sure that Rosie will go. As for me, I should go with ataxie.

Yes - I'll be there Choupi - but what days will depend totally on when David is playing. I'll be there on the days he plays and not there on the alternate ones if that makes sense :) And as they won't do the Order of Play until a couple of days before, I can't be any more specific than that at this stage.

ae wowww
02-18-2005, 08:04 PM
Yes - I'll be there Choupi - but what days will depend totally on when David is playing. I'll be there on the days he plays and not there on the alternate ones if that makes sense :) And as they won't do the Order of Play until a couple of days before, I can't be any more specific than that at this stage.
Fair enough :yeah: So that will just be you in Paris for two weeks :eek: expensive!

*Ljubica*
02-18-2005, 08:26 PM
Fair enough :yeah: So that will just be you in Paris for two weeks :eek: expensive!

Well - last year I was there for 2 weeks - but this year I might only need to be there for 2 days :eek: Just never can tell - like this week I could have been in Rotterdam all week but ended up coming home on Wednesday morning - that's life following David I guess!

ae wowww
02-18-2005, 09:26 PM
Well - last year I was there for 2 weeks - but this year I might only need to be there for 2 days :eek: Just never can tell - like this week I could have been in Rotterdam all week but ended up coming home on Wednesday morning - that's life following David I guess!
Wow you were in Rotterdam?! Awesome.. Rosie do you have msn or AIM or anything?

*Ljubica*
02-19-2005, 11:16 AM
Wow you were in Rotterdam?! Awesome.. Rosie do you have msn or AIM or anything?

Yes and I was in Marseille too :) But no I don't have any of the AIM stuff on this computer because I work from home a lot, and many options like that have been blocked for security reasons.

ae wowww
02-19-2005, 11:53 AM
Yes and I was in Marseille too :) But no I don't have any of the AIM stuff on this computer because I work from home a lot, and many options like that have been blocked for security reasons.
Ok fair enough.. Mind if I ask a few questions? :)
Like how do you get time off work, and ,do you fly to these places or..? And do you plan them far in advance, or fairly short notice?
Thank you

*Ljubica*
02-19-2005, 02:26 PM
Ok fair enough.. Mind if I ask a few questions? :)
Like how do you get time off work, and ,do you fly to these places or..? And do you plan them far in advance, or fairly short notice?
Thank you

No -I don't mind the questions at all. First - my job is very flexible - I don't work straight 9.00am/5.00pm or anything like that. I tend to work 24/7 for a couple of months and then take 2/3 weeks off to travel with the tennis - I can work a lot from home too and also using a laptop when I'm away, so it's not unusual for me to be still working when I'm at Roland Garros or wherever.

As to the transport - well I don't like flying :eek: so I always get the Eurostar to RG, Paris Bercy and various other closer tourneys - sometimes I even drive - it depends. However, with slightly further away ones like Rome I will fly, though I admit I don't like it so much and need a few vodkas first!!!

As to the planning - well - that depends on David. I always have a tentative plan in my mind (for example, Monte Carlo, Rome, Roland Garros), but if David gets injured/withdraws I'll pull out of any of these at the last minute, and - equally - if he suddenly puts in a last-minute Wild Card tourney I will do my best to go at short notice though that's not always possible. :sad:

Hope that helkps.

ae wowww
02-19-2005, 05:14 PM
No -I don't mind the questions at all. First - my job is very flexible - I don't work straight 9.00am/5.00pm or anything like that. I tend to work 24/7 for a couple of months and then take 2/3 weeks off to travel with the tennis - I can work a lot from home too and also using a laptop when I'm away, so it's not unusual for me to be still working when I'm at Roland Garros or wherever.

As to the transport - well I don't like flying :eek: so I always get the Eurostar to RG, Paris Bercy and various other closer tourneys - sometimes I even drive - it depends. However, with slightly further away ones like Rome I will fly, though I admit I don't like it so much and need a few vodkas first!!!

As to the planning - well - that depends on David. I always have a tentative plan in my mind (for example, Monte Carlo, Rome, Roland Garros), but if David gets injured/withdraws I'll pull out of any of these at the last minute, and - equally - if he suddenly puts in a last-minute Wild Card tourney I will do my best to go at short notice though that's not always possible. :sad:

Hope that helps.
Thank you very much Rosie-that's very interesting, I like the sound of your job :yeah:
I too am taking the Eurostar to RG, because it's more convenient for me, living in Surrey etc. But anyway, thanks again..

Eruwen
02-24-2005, 06:14 PM
I don't think I'm going after all... I'd love to, don't get me wrong! But I really need to save some money first. Plus, I want to go to Rosmalen (which is almost right after RG), and possibly Madrid in October.

i'd like to go

but instead going to some european tournies towards the end of the year Cool! Which ones?

ae wowww
02-24-2005, 06:30 PM
I don't think I'm going after all... I'd love to, don't get me wrong! But I really need to save some money first. Plus, I want to go to Rosmalen (which is almost right after RG), and possibly Madrid in October.

Cool! Which ones?
:sad: Everyone is dropping out!
But at least you are going to a tournament, Eruwen :) Enjoy it...

Eruwen
02-24-2005, 07:04 PM
I know, I'd really love to go! But I just don't think it's the wisest thing to do this year... maybe next year!

ae wowww
02-28-2005, 03:45 PM
Thanks for pming me, Puschki!

michelleg
03-11-2005, 01:41 AM
I'll be there as well, for qualies, Benny Berthet and probably the first three days of the main draw.

*Ljubica*
03-11-2005, 03:24 PM
I'll be there as well, for qualies, Benny Berthet and probably the first three days of the main draw.

Hi Michelle :wavey: Haven''t seen you for a while - did you enjoy Buenos Aires?

michelleg
03-14-2005, 11:20 PM
:( Rosie, I had ACL reconstruction instead of playing in the dirt down south...so Paris will be a well-deserved treat. I might try to sneak over to Sunrise tomorrow after therapy, but have to check on when Julien plays, as its a two hour drive.

Ill be in Miami off and on, depends on schedule.

I still want to go to Buenos Aires, maybe next year if I dont do Oz....

ae wowww
04-04-2005, 09:22 PM
Updated :).

BelgianGirl
04-05-2005, 07:30 PM
You can add me if you want : sunday 29th May :bounce:

ae wowww
04-05-2005, 08:17 PM
Thanks BG2, I will do!

Aleksa's Laydee
04-05-2005, 10:48 PM
im going on...the sat of quallies...mon and tues of the first week :D

ae wowww
04-05-2005, 10:49 PM
Yay Siobhan :D:D

*Ljubica*
04-07-2005, 09:01 AM
:( Rosie, I had ACL reconstruction instead of playing in the dirt down south...so Paris will be a well-deserved treat. I might try to sneak over to Sunrise tomorrow after therapy, but have to check on when Julien plays, as its a two hour drive.

Ill be in Miami off and on, depends on schedule.

I still want to go to Buenos Aires, maybe next year if I dont do Oz....

Michelle - sorry for late reply - haven't been online so much recently due to some family stuff going on. Sorry to hear you've been through such a hard time - hope you're feeling better now and enjoy your upcoming trips to Europe.