02-06-2005, 04:07 PM
Here's mine:

http://members.home.nl/gvanbienen/tattoo_gaby.jpg

And this is the design, it's a little clearer than the picture:

http://members.home.nl/gvanbienen/aini_sindarin.JPG

It says 'angel' in Elvish :)

User ID 4783
02-06-2005, 04:25 PM
I don't have a tattoo and I don't want one :)

Carlita
02-06-2005, 04:32 PM
Well I have 7 :o
Here they are in order I got them. 1, 2 & 5 are on my ankles, the 2 Chinese signs (meaning Energy and Love) are on my left shoulderblade, the Kane logo is on my lower back and the Japanese (it says: Sjoukje) is on my left wrist.
Number 5 is my reference to Steve Hogarth. He's got the girlie on a necklace, bought it in Mexico, and I have to look up where it stands for :lol: I forgot :o

The Japanese was my last one. See no need for more...wouldn't know where to put them....
the pics 3,4 & 6 were taken just after they were put on, so that might explain some redness around it. ;)

I like yours Gaby!!! :yeah:

Douggie Style
02-06-2005, 05:27 PM
I'd like a small one which is not visible when wearing normal clothes, but wouldn't know what to get or where to put it :sad:

Carlita
02-06-2005, 05:30 PM
I'd like a small one which is not visible when wearing normal clothes, but wouldn't know what to get or where to put it :sad:
how about your starsign? or your chinese starsign? They usually look great! And then place it on your upper arm. Or a glass of Guinness???:lol: Naah, it should be something of meaning to you.....

Mine are only visible in Summer..... except for the one on my wrist of course.

Douggie Style
02-06-2005, 05:32 PM
Or maybe my avatar :lol:

Though I probably won't end up getting one:(

Eruwen
02-06-2005, 05:42 PM
I'd like a small one which is not visible when wearing normal clothes, but wouldn't know what to get or where to put it :sad: I kinda had the same problem as you... I wanted one, but didn't know what to get, and I didn't want just an image with no meaning, it had to have meaning for me! It took me more than a year to make up my mind and decide what to get :lol:

Sjoukje, yours are lovely as well! :yeah: I love the butterfly and the dolphin :D Maybe, big maybe :lol: , I'll get a chinese symbol one day.

Carlita
02-06-2005, 05:48 PM
Or maybe my avatar :lol:
Though I probably won't end up getting one:(Look, this is an idea Doug! This is Dinand, singer with Kane, he's got this huuuuuuge dragon on his back and it's so beautiful when you see it up close!!!

So, is it something for you?? ;)

Eruwen
02-06-2005, 05:53 PM
Look, this is an idea Doug! This is Dinand, singer with Kane, he's got this huuuuuuge dragon on his back and it's so beautiful when you see it up close!!!

So, is it something for you?? ;) :eek: Omg, that must've taken forever to get done! I don't think I could handle that :lol: I don't like tattoos that are that big though...

Carlita
02-06-2005, 06:14 PM
:eek: Omg, that must've taken forever to get done! I don't think I could handle that :lol: I don't like tattoos that are that big though...well it took about 8 hours or so. And he was biting into a sheet or something, because it hurt so much. After 2-3 hours he asked his sister: is he finished yet? And she answered: yes, almost..... but he wasn't even half way there!!! :eek: Poor guy!! Still, he wanted this one himself.... :rolleyes:

Douggie Style
02-06-2005, 06:16 PM
That would be cool if i could take if off like a piece of jewellery :p

Eruwen
02-06-2005, 06:21 PM
Btw, hi Doug! :wavey: Didn't realise it was you :lol:

Eruwen
02-06-2005, 06:22 PM
well it took about 8 hours or so. And he was biting into a sheet or something, because it hurt so much. After 2-3 hours he asked his sister: is he finished yet? And she answered: yes, almost..... but he wasn't even half way there!!! :eek: Poor guy!! Still, he wanted this one himself.... :rolleyes: :eek: He did it in one session??? Wow... that's brave! I was so glad when mine was done, it hurt so bad :lol:

Coleburg83
02-06-2005, 06:29 PM
Teddy Roosevelt and John Wayne holding guns in front of Old Glory, it's on my back shoulder blade

Douggie Style
02-06-2005, 06:36 PM
Btw, hi Doug! :wavey: Didn't realise it was you :lol:

Sorry, I forgot people might not recognise me :lol: :o

joeb_uk
02-06-2005, 06:46 PM
Havent got one, and dont want on either! dont think i would ever ruin my skin by having one :D

Eruwen
02-06-2005, 06:54 PM
Mmm... I don't think of it as ruining your skin though! It can do that, no doubt about it, but as long as you keep it classy... I see no harm ;)

joeb_uk
02-06-2005, 06:55 PM
Oh sorry, i didnt mean ruin it by the tatoo but i mean by having it permanently on your skin. I am not sure of the current techniques ability to remove them?

Eruwen
02-06-2005, 06:59 PM
Ah, ok then! Well, you have laser technique to remove them, but I'm not sure if that always works... I think only on little ones. That was actually also part of why it took me so long to decide... didn't want to regret it! But it's a small one, and you can only see it when I'm not wearing socks, so it's easy to cover it up should I want to. No regrets so far though ;)

freesbee
02-06-2005, 07:41 PM
I like tattoos actually, but I haven't got one and I doubt if I would ever get one :D cool tattoos Eruwen and Lady Carlita ;)

LiZpHaIr
02-06-2005, 07:50 PM
I would like to get one...but I twitch out when I see needles.

joeb_uk
02-06-2005, 07:52 PM
Ah, ok then! Well, you have laser technique to remove them, but I'm not sure if that always works... I think only on little ones. That was actually also part of why it took me so long to decide... didn't want to regret it! But it's a small one, and you can only see it when I'm not wearing socks, so it's easy to cover it up should I want to. No regrets so far though ;)
Yeah i wasnt sure if that always works effectively, would be interesting to see.

Carlita
02-06-2005, 08:09 PM
I would like to get one...but I twitch out when I see needles.well, you don't actually see the needles. Not like when you are in hospital. And it doesn't hurt that bad.....all depending on the person and place you put it. Only the Kane logo hurt, the N & E..... that was horror!

Suzi
02-06-2005, 08:48 PM
I want one well i say one i meen 3, one at the bottom of my back, shoulder and ankle :lol: but im a sucker to pain so huh but im being a gud gal and waiting until im actually 18!!

LiZpHaIr
02-06-2005, 08:49 PM
well, you don't actually see the needles. Not like when you are in hospital. And it doesn't hurt that bad.....all depending on the person and place you put it. Only the Kane logo hurt, the N & E..... that was horror!

It still SOUNDS scary! :sad:

Carlita
02-06-2005, 09:07 PM
It still SOUNDS scary! :sad::hug: it's not!! Trust me on this! :)

I want one well i say one i meen 3, one at the bottom of my back, shoulder and ankle but im a sucker to pain so huh but im being a gud gal and waiting until im actually 18!!

aaah good girl! :yeah: Still, think long and hard about what you put there! I mean, it has to be something for you I think, I mean it's there for the rest of your life.....Like mine all have a special meaning for me. So don't take one for the sake of having a tattoo.... ;)

knight_ley
02-07-2005, 04:08 AM
I have 6 tattoos...... most of them are small..... here are the ones i have pictures of online... *sorry some of them are blurry... they were taken on my old camera phone*

1. "eternity" (my favorite song -- by robbie williams)
2. the EVENSTAR & some Elvish on my right shoulderblade
3. my right forearm
4. close up of the butterflies on my wrist
5. close up of the fairy on my forearm
6. star on my hand

I also have some Korean characters on my ankle....... I'm getting a tattoo in honor of my father in a few weeks for my birthday. I'm going to get the Chinese symbol for "father" with the dates of his birth and his passing next to it going across my wrist :)

Carlita
02-07-2005, 07:18 AM
Wow!! They are great!!! And here I thought I had millions! :lol: ;) I love the butterflies!! And all the foreign characters, they always look great! That's so beautiful that you'll honour your dad like that!!!

:yeah:

trixy
02-07-2005, 07:20 AM
I was planning on getting one for my 18th birthday but then when i saw my bf get his and was practically crying from watching by the end of it. I think i'll pass. I think they are totally sexy though.

Eruwen
02-07-2005, 07:54 AM
Mine hurt really bad too... But I think it was worth it! I mean, in the end, it's only about 15 or 20 minutes ;) I don't think I could take a big one though :lol:

iliketennis
02-07-2005, 07:58 AM
I don't have one. I will share Juanqui's :D :D :D

Carlita
02-07-2005, 08:02 AM
only my KANE logo really hurt me. He had to stop because I was holding my breath! :lol: First did the black lines, which weren't that bad, than took a break to put the colour in. And it hurt so bad because my skin wouldn't "accept" the red ink for some weird reason!! :confused: So finally after 3 hours it was finished. The next day was so bad, because my jeans were irritating the tattoo!! (it being a wound of course....makes sense!) Had to go back for touch ups after 6 weeks....

With the others I didn't really feel pain. More an irritating feeling. Afterwards they feel like you fell on the pavement and got a wound on your knee!! :lol:

so i guess it depends on your painlevel and the place you put it. Because some people I know said that lowerback didn't hurt one bit! :rolleyes:

CooCooCachoo
02-07-2005, 10:09 AM
No I don't.. Don't want one either.

bad gambler
02-07-2005, 10:12 AM
no i think i'm done with just an earing ;)

Riley Finn
02-07-2005, 10:20 AM
I don't like tattoos in colour...I have black lightnings on my belly

Peta Pan
02-07-2005, 10:45 AM
I have 3 :)

The first one is my blue dolphin with a yellow star and it's on the outside of my right lower leg. I had wanted that since I was 15. I was a huge Take That fan and one of them had a dolphin tattoo on his stomach :o Anyway, by the time I was 21 I still had a desire for the same blue dolphin with a yellow star that I'd wanted 6 years earlier so I felt it HAD to part of me.

The second is a chain of leaves around my left lower leg. I got this one 2 years later because the first one didn't hurt. I wanted something resembling an ancient Roman headpiece. This one did hurt at the front and back but not the sides!

The third one is the butterfly I got on my left shoulderblade late last year. I have posted this one not long after I got it, but I'll post it again now :) This one did hurt, but I think it was worth it.

Carlita
02-07-2005, 10:51 AM
Thanks for posting them Peta!!! I love that butterfly!!!
(oh yeah..... me, take thatter too :lol: ) And Marc Owen has this great dolphin! :D Although he's not the reason I had my dolphin.

Riley Finn
02-07-2005, 10:51 AM
I hate dophins and butterflies...why do girls do such stuff?

Carlita
02-07-2005, 10:53 AM
I hate dophins and butterflies...why do girls do such stuff?not only girls :nerner: Look at Carlos Moya!! (but he's from "dolphin island" :rolleyes: ) Dolphins are great animals! They give me a sense of freedom, so now you know! :p

Riley Finn
02-07-2005, 10:58 AM
I like dolphins just not as a tattoo...especially not the colour ones

Riley Finn
02-07-2005, 11:01 AM
it's like this pattern that a lot of girls want butterflies or dolphins,while the guys do chinese symbols or some shit on their calves.

Carlita
02-07-2005, 11:07 AM
it's like this pattern that a lot of girls want butterflies or dolphins,while the guys do chinese symbols or some shit on their calves.Well, I got all of them! :lol:

Riley Finn
02-07-2005, 11:12 AM
get rid of them :)

Peta Pan
02-07-2005, 11:25 AM
I hate dophins and butterflies...why do girls do such stuff?
Because we are girls ;) :p

Carlita
02-07-2005, 11:27 AM
get rid of them :)whatever for?! I love my tattoos! :nerner:

Riley Finn
02-07-2005, 11:32 AM
Because we are girls ;) :p

but we guys don't like butterflies!

does it mean anything to you having a tattoo that others have?

Eruwen
02-07-2005, 11:44 AM

does it mean anything to you having a tattoo that others have? Honestly... no. I love dolphins and butterflies too, but I don't think I would get a tattoo of them, because, like you said, a lot of people already have them. I think my tattoo is pretty unique :D

Peta Pan
02-07-2005, 11:52 AM
Thanks for posting them Peta!!! I love that butterfly!!!
(oh yeah..... me, take thatter too :lol: ) And Marc Owen has this great dolphin! :D Although he's not the reason I had my dolphin.

LOL yep Mark Owen has the dolphin! Glad I am not the only other Take Thatter here :lol: It's a crazy reason to get a tattoo though!!!!!!!!!

Peta Pan
02-07-2005, 11:56 AM

does it mean anything to you having a tattoo that others have?

Nobody else has my tattoo... it's mine :p I love my tattoos and that's all that matters to me :)

Riley Finn
02-07-2005, 12:04 PM
Honestly... no. I love dolphins and butterflies too, but I don't think I would get a tattoo of them, because, like you said, a lot of people already have them. I think my tattoo is pretty unique :D

yes, it is, you LOTR freak! ;)

Riley Finn
02-07-2005, 12:05 PM
Nobody else has my tattoo... it's mine :p I love my tattoos and that's all that matters to me :)

good for you. It should be that way always.

Eruwen
02-07-2005, 12:25 PM
yes, it is, you LOTR freak! ;) Hey, I put a lot of work in that to make sure it was right! :lol: It's not just LOTR though... it's also my name, my name means 'angel' more or less ;)

Riley Finn
02-07-2005, 12:35 PM
mine is Satan

sigmagirl91
02-07-2005, 12:52 PM
I don't have a tattoo. I don't want one, and I don't need one.

Riley Finn
02-07-2005, 01:05 PM
in that case you are irrelevant to our discussion.

Nikki♥
02-07-2005, 01:06 PM
I have 2 but I don´t want any more. I shouldn´t have gotten them done in the first place. :o

Eruwen
02-07-2005, 01:09 PM
I have 2 but I don´t want any more. I shouldn´t have gotten them done in the first place. :o Why not?

Eruwen
02-07-2005, 01:10 PM
mine is Satan Good for you :lol:

Nikki♥
02-07-2005, 01:12 PM
Why not?

The first one was all good and I´m still happy with it but the second one is way too big in my opinion. When I was younger it was absolutely cool for me but now I really regret getting it done in this size. A few centimeters smaller would have done too. :o

Riley Finn
02-07-2005, 01:20 PM
that's why mine are not too big

Carlita
02-07-2005, 01:25 PM
Nobody else has my tattoo... it's mine :p I love my tattoos and that's all that matters to me :)true!! And people I know don't have the dolphin or butterfly either... Those are the only ones that could be someone elses too. The others are mine :D and I just love what the dolphin represents to me......

Carlita
02-07-2005, 01:26 PM
in that case you are irrelevant to our discussion.
No she's not! Look at the answers in this poll :p

Nikki♥
02-07-2005, 01:32 PM
that's why mine are not too big

Just imagine you had a Satan tattoo all over your body. Shocking. :eek:

knight_ley
02-07-2005, 05:14 PM
Wow!! They are great!!! And here I thought I had millions! :lol: ;) I love the butterflies!! And all the foreign characters, they always look great! That's so beautiful that you'll honour your dad like that!!!

:yeah:

i dont hae a ton! lol... actually all of them people don't even see except for the one on my hand... the only times people see the others is if i'm in a tank top, or you can see my arm when i'm in a teeshirt... but at work and things people dont evne know :)

Riley Finn
02-07-2005, 06:01 PM
Just imagine you had a Satan tattoo all over your body. Shocking. :eek:

I'll pass

Riley Finn
02-07-2005, 06:05 PM
and I guess I should show my tattoo since I'm so critical of everyone else

Eruwen
02-07-2005, 06:15 PM
and I guess I should show my tattoo since I'm so critical of everyone else Very nice! :yeah:

Riley Finn
02-07-2005, 06:21 PM
thank you...and before sb asks-no,there's no story behind it

Carlita
02-07-2005, 07:12 PM
thank you...and before sb asks-no,there's no story behind itI like them! Very ehm..... unique! ;)

J. Corwin
02-07-2005, 07:24 PM
Only tattoos I've ever had are the peel-n-stick ones! :lol:

Riley Finn
02-07-2005, 07:29 PM
I like them! Very ehm..... unique! ;)

It has tobe...after all it took me 3 years to think of sth unique ;)

Eruwen
02-07-2005, 07:29 PM
Only tattoos I've ever had are the peel-n-stick ones! :lol:
Well... they can be nice too! :lol:

Riley Finn
02-07-2005, 07:32 PM
Well... they can be nice too! :lol:

just not the dolphins or butterflies ;)

Eruwen
02-07-2005, 07:33 PM
just not the dolphins or butterflies ;) :haha: What about faeries? :p

Riley Finn
02-07-2005, 07:38 PM
only devils and trolls

Eruwen
02-07-2005, 07:40 PM
Nooooooooo those aren't fun! *pouts*

:lol: Sorry... I need to go to bed :o

J. Corwin
02-07-2005, 07:43 PM
just not the dolphins or butterflies ;)

Don't worry there weren't any dolphins or butterflies. ;)

Actually I don't even remember what they were! :lol: I used to stick them on when they gave free ones in Cracker Jack boxes. ;)

Riley Finn
02-07-2005, 08:08 PM
Nooooooooo those aren't fun! *pouts*

:lol: Sorry... I need to go to bed :o

good night, Elf freak!

elizabeth_c
02-07-2005, 08:20 PM
i have a beautiful cross on my left ankle....i want another..but haven't decided where to put it...the next one i want will be a lassomoon...

RodLo
02-07-2005, 08:48 PM
I want one, but I guess I'll have to wait until I'm 18...:rolleyes:

Eruwen
02-08-2005, 08:08 AM
Don't worry there weren't any dolphins or butterflies. ;)

Actually I don't even remember what they were! :lol: I used to stick them on when they gave free ones in Cracker Jack boxes. ;) Ah yes, I used to have those too! Well, something similar :lol: They had images of cartoons and stuff I think, and we would just stick them on our hands... it looked ridiculous :lol:

Vass
02-08-2005, 10:49 AM
I don't have a tatoo, because I realy don't like them.
But I want one. I think I'm in a clinical depression so I want to get a hidden tattoo which will still remind me of the depression. It should be hidden because I know I'll regret it.

Wednesday Addams
02-08-2005, 10:54 AM
I don't have one, but I WANT one.
And I will get one. Someday. Soon. I hope.
My mum will be none too happy abt that, tho.....

Eruwen
02-08-2005, 10:57 AM
I don't have one, but I WANT one.
And I will get one. Someday. Soon. I hope.
My mum will be none too happy abt that, tho..... My dad wasn't too happy about it either :lol: But hey, I was 23... it was my decision to make, and only mine ;) Besides, it's not that he had problems with the tattoo itself... he was more concerned for my health. And he was afraid I might regret it in the future. But... so far, no regrets! And if I ever do regret it... I'll deal with that then! But I believe that most people end up regretting things they didn't do, than things they did do.

Riley Finn
02-08-2005, 11:25 AM
TRUE! I don't think there's a thing in my life that I regret. My parents don't really care. My mum likes the tattoo.

Eruwen
02-08-2005, 11:27 AM
I don't think I do either... It's kinda how I try to live my life, get everything out of it that I can, take all the opportunities and chances that I get, so that I won't regret it later. Life's too short already!

I think that, now that they're used to it, my parents like my tattoo too... or at least my mom. Most people think it's cool :)

Riley Finn
02-08-2005, 11:34 AM
Exactly. I mean I've made some mistakes in my life, but how could I have known it back then that it would turn out to be a mistake? Honestly it's good to take lessons from your mistakes/failures, so it doesn't mean you should regret it. People who dwell too much on the past can't be happy now.

Eruwen
02-08-2005, 11:36 AM
Definitely! I used to be a little like that... when something didn't go the way I had wanted it to go, I could be depressed for days. Now I just think, 'Oh well' and move on. I'm a firm believer that you have to create your own hapiness... If you just sit around waiting for it, you can wait for a looooong time!

Riley Finn
02-08-2005, 11:41 AM
I'm in love! We need more peopel like you. Problem with people these days is that they need to have problems,and if their life is problem free they will create some. I don't understand this trend where young people have depression or want to play the role of today's Jesus. Life's too short for such shit. I know some people who really have big problems in their lives and yet they have a better attitude than a lot of my friends who have everything. Maybe that's the prioblem ? They have too much...

Peta Pan
02-08-2005, 11:46 AM
My mum hated my first two and the thought of me getting one.... but I was 21 when I got the first one so she had no say and lived with it. Last year when I got the butterfly I nearly fell over when she said she liked it!!!!!!!!

I am the last person people expect to have a tattoo (or 3 :p) so I like to suprise people by showing them that I do have an adventurous side as well lol

Eruwen
02-08-2005, 11:52 AM
I'm in love! We need more peopel like you. Problem with people these days is that they need to have problems,and if their life is problem free they will create some. I don't understand this trend where young people have depression or want to play the role of today's Jesus. Life's too short for such shit. I know some people who really have big problems in their lives and yet they have a better attitude than a lot of my friends who have everything. Maybe that's the prioblem ? They have too much...
Maybe... I have a brother who's 9 years younger than me, and his attitude is so different from mine! Even from when I was that age. He feels that his life is sooooo difficult, everything's too much... And he feels that things like a tv in your room, a high-tech computer and internet acces 24/7 are just things that every kid should have.

About the problem thing... I think maybe 'kids' these days consider it to be a problem, when it really isn't. Take my cousin for example... Yes, I'll be the first to admit that she's had a tough period in her life, with a nasty divorce of her parents. But, that's years ago now, and she's still being difficult with a lot of things, blaming it on that divorce. And maybe part of it does come from that... but definitely not all! She just needs a good wake up call... Her idea of a good life is a life that is carefree and problemfree, but it just doesn't work like that! I think it's how you deal with things that determines whether your life is good or not, for a big part.

Wow... intense discussions on a tuesday afternoon! ;)

Thanks for the compliment btw http://members.home.nl/gvanbienen/blush.gif

Eruwen
02-08-2005, 11:57 AM
I am the last person people expect to have a tattoo (or 3 :p) so I like to suprise people by showing them that I do have an adventurous side as well lol I know exactly what you mean! A lot of people didn't expect that of me, and when they found out I got a tattoo, they were all like 'YOU got a tattoo??!!'. Too funny :lol:

Riley Finn
02-08-2005, 12:09 PM
Maybe... I have a brother who's 9 years younger than me, and his attitude is so different from mine! Even from when I was that age. He feels that his life is sooooo difficult, everything's too much... And he feels that things like a tv in your room, a high-tech computer and internet acces 24/7 are just things that every kid should have.

About the problem thing... I think maybe 'kids' these days consider it to be a problem, when it really isn't. Take my cousin for example... Yes, I'll be the first to admit that she's had a tough period in her life, with a nasty divorce of her parents. But, that's years ago now, and she's still being difficult with a lot of things, blaming it on that divorce. And maybe part of it does come from that... but definitely not all! She just needs a good wake up call... Her idea of a good life is a life that is carefree and problemfree, but it just doesn't work like that! I think it's how you deal with things that determines whether your life is good or not, for a big part.

Wow... intense discussions on a tuesday afternoon! ;)

Thanks for the compliment btw http://members.home.nl/gvanbienen/blush.gif

I have 2 friends 4 years younger than me. I'm 26 this year. And the amount of problems they create for themselves is just amazing. And the worst thing is that they can't even blame it on bad childhood,divorce of their parents, lack of money, lack of friends, problems at the uni, really nothing! And yet they like to have a depression. I think it comes from having too much. Case my cousin is a bit like that as well.

Also when people blame all their failures or misfortunes on bad childhood or parents divorce I'm very sceptical about it. It's a good excuse for everything, but then you grow up and should learn to accept your own failures. If you can't then again you're going nowhere.

Eruwen
02-08-2005, 12:27 PM
Also when people blame all their failures or misfortunes on bad childhood or parents divorce I'm very sceptical about it. It's a good excuse for everything, but then you grow up and should learn to accept your own failures. If you can't then again you're going nowhere. Exactly! In my opinion, I think she (ab)uses it to get her way... Cause she doesn't like it when things don't go her way! She's 18 now, and went to live on her own this month... I hope she can make it! Cause she has no skills or means to do that if you ask me...

Riley Finn
02-08-2005, 12:29 PM
She'll need luck in that case.

Eruwen
02-08-2005, 12:40 PM
And lots of it! :lol: I mean, it's hard enough as it as... When I moved out, I don't think I could've been more prepared than I was, and it was still so hard! Ok, it would've been easier if I had more money, but students usually don't have a whole lot of that :lol: But if you can't cook or do the laundry, can't deal with money wisely and more of those things... I foresee big problems :scared:

Riley Finn
02-08-2005, 12:43 PM
Unless she finds a rich old man ;)

Carlita
02-08-2005, 12:44 PM
I am the last person people expect to have a tattoo (or 3 :p) so I like to suprise people by showing them that I do have an adventurous side as well lol:lol: same here!!! People don't expect I would do that! Same with the bellybutton piercing.... they go :eek: YOU?! :eek:

:haha:

Riley Finn
02-08-2005, 12:49 PM
:lol: same here!!! People don't expect I would do that! Same with the bellybutton piercing.... they go :eek: YOU?! :eek:

what's next? split tongues? :)

Carlita
02-08-2005, 12:51 PM
what's next? split tongues? :):nerner: how did you know?? also have my teeth vampire shaped soon.... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

:confused: what?!

Riley Finn
02-08-2005, 01:06 PM
what what? split tongues? some people cut their tongue in half for fun.

Carlita
02-08-2005, 01:08 PM
what what? split tongues? some people cut their tongue in half for fun.I know that, but you made it sound like having a piercing is so terrible..........split your tongue ---- bellybutton piercing..... can't compare those two

Riley Finn
02-08-2005, 01:14 PM
okay...in that case...piercing in your tongue and then split tongue :)

Peta Pan
02-08-2005, 01:15 PM
People think I'm crazy because I have tattoos but I can't even stomach the thought of having a piercing of any kind! I couldn't even get my ears pierced coz I'm too squeamish! Yet I can sit through hours of work with a tattoo!

Carlita
02-08-2005, 01:25 PM
People think I'm crazy because I have tattoos but I can't even stomach the thought of having a piercing of any kind! I couldn't even get my ears pierced coz I'm too squeamish! Yet I can sit through hours of work with a tattoo!Must admit I nearly fainted with the bellybutton piercing..... (I hate bellybuttons.......) should the pierced hole close, I would never have another one.

Got 9 holes in my ears too...... 7 tattoos........ 1 pierced bellybutton....
:angel:

Nikki♥
02-08-2005, 01:45 PM
I used to have my belly button pierced but I ripped it out and decided that I shouldn´t get a new one because I felt that I no longer need teenage stuff. Way back then piercings were only something for teenagers in my opinion but oh well. Now I sometimes think about getting one done again but I´m way too afraid of ripping it out again plus the guy at the piercing studio said that piercing my stomach which is kinda flat could cause me major health problems. :confused:

Carlita
02-08-2005, 01:52 PM
I used to have my belly button pierced but I ripped it out and decided that I shouldn´t get a new one because I felt that I no longer need teenage stuff. Way back then piercings were only something for teenagers in my opinion but oh well. Now I sometimes think about getting one done again but I´m way too afraid of ripping it out again plus the guy at the piercing studio said that piercing my stomach which is kinda flat could cause me major health problems. :confused:I see what you mean Nicole. I've had it for ages, and it feels like hell when you get stuck with the thing!! :o Sure it was a rage amongst the teens....... also true... but I like my dolphin and butterfly piercing so why take it out because I"m not a teenager anymore?

Riley, I can hear you going eeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwww not more of those animals :p but yes..... they won't go away! :lol: they'll haunt you forever :rolleyes:

Well, they say, the flatter your stomache, the tighter your muscles, the harder it is to pierce it! Unfortunately :o I don't have that "problem" :sad:

mandy7
02-08-2005, 02:00 PM
not yet

Nikki♥
02-08-2005, 02:07 PM
but I like my dolphin and butterfly piercing so why take it out because I"m not a teenager anymore?

Well, they say, the flatter your stomache, the tighter your muscles, the harder it is to pierce it!

If I still had my piercing I also wouldn´t take it out just because I´m no longer a teenager. :p I can imagine that it´s quite painful to get a six pack pierced. Ouch. :eek: When I got my piercing done it wasn´t really painful, don´t know why. I was prepared for it to hurt a lot and a little bit upset in the end because it wasn´t as painful as I expected. All the fears for nothing. :o It was just kinda painful when I ripped it out with the seat belt from my father´s car. Oh boy...:sobbing:

Carlita
02-08-2005, 02:11 PM
OOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: :scared: omg....I can feel it!! :eek:

Eruwen
02-08-2005, 02:17 PM
I don't even have a belly button piercing, and I can feel it too :scared:

jasmine(usa)
02-15-2005, 02:23 PM
I have two. I have some cool tribal art on my leg, and a flower on my ankle. The one on my leg didn't hurt that bad, but to those that are thinking about getting one the ankle tat hurt like hell!

TaTaaa
02-15-2005, 04:06 PM
i dont have a tatoo, and i dont want to have one...but i like tatoos on feet...hehe

Éowyn
02-15-2005, 09:27 PM
i have 7 tats! :)

Éowyn
02-15-2005, 09:30 PM
I have two. I have some cool tribal art on my leg, and a flower on my ankle. The one on my leg didn't hurt that bad, but to those that are thinking about getting one the ankle tat hurt like hell!

i didn't think the one on my ankle hut that much at all to be honest! worse one was bottom of my spine but even that wasn't too bad! but then i have quite a high pain tolerance i guess!

Carlita
02-15-2005, 10:26 PM
i have 7 tats! :)Like me!! :D so, where, what??? :D

Éowyn
02-15-2005, 11:38 PM
Like me!! :D so, where, what??? :D

i have the inscription from the ring in lord of the rings around my right arm!
my football team (fulham) on my right ankle
the north star just below my neck
a unicorn on my right shoulder
a triquetra on the inside of my left wrist
a yin-yang with a sun on the base of my spine (i might extend that one)
chinese symbol for love....somewhere :p

and i have reason for every single one of them so i can't regret them. and

Denise
02-16-2005, 05:56 PM
I don't have any tattoos but i'd like to get one small, maybe a lil heart over my belly haha or my name in other language :rolleyes::p

nice tattoos everyone :yeah:
Carlita, you've so many tattoos ! brave lady! ;)
great tattoos Simpleternity !

Mrs. B
02-26-2005, 10:09 AM
i have a rosebud on my butt :p

Riley Finn
03-01-2005, 09:24 AM
show us!

Peta Pan
03-01-2005, 11:11 AM
I don't have any tattoos but i'd like to get one small, maybe a lil heart over my belly haha or my name in other language :rolleyes::p
My only problem with getting tattoos around the belly area is that if you plan to have children, chances are it will stretch when you are pregnant. That most probably won't be happening to me, so maybe that's where I could get my next one

One of my estranged cousins got one just below her belly and I always worried about it stretching.

Alison
03-03-2005, 10:41 AM
I've had mine for years , and have never regretted it . :)

I'm planning another one , but need to save some money first :rolleyes:

Riley Finn
03-03-2005, 10:47 AM
My only problem with getting tattoos around the belly area is that if you plan to have children, chances are it will stretch when you are pregnant. That most probably won't be happening to me, so maybe that's where I could get my next one

One of my estranged cousins got one just below her belly and I always worried about it stretching.It also hurts a little bit more,cause the skin aorund that region is thin.

Washa Koroleva
03-03-2005, 12:27 PM
Nah, I'm not into body art :scared:

Denaon
03-28-2005, 03:50 AM
I have two, one in my chest above my right nipple and the other on my left arm. I really like tatoos and I am planning to get one more in the next months.... I'm not quite sure what the image will be, still thinking about it.....

Becarina
03-28-2005, 04:03 AM
Nah, I'm not into body art :scared:

same here. I wouldn't even have pierced ears if I wasn't made to when I was too young to protest, something about unnecessary holes that bothers me.

GermanBoy
03-28-2005, 02:33 PM
I don't have a tattoo and I don't want one :)

Come on, you can admit that your breeder gave you a brand... :p

Voo de Mar
02-06-2007, 09:08 AM
I've got four small tattoos but when I will die probably will be many more...
Three of them on my left shoulder (3 chinese symbols) and the other one over my right elbow (a black pentagram).

Carlita
02-06-2007, 09:16 AM
I've got four small tattoos but when I will die probably will be many more...
Three of them on my left shoulder (3 chinese symbols) and the other one over my right elbow (a black pentagram).
I like the Chinese symbols! :yeah: what do they stand for?

I have 7 and said that was it, no more....but I want another one :o

Voo de Mar
02-06-2007, 09:21 AM
I like the Chinese symbols! :yeah: what do they stand for?

I have 7 and said that was it, no more....but I want another one :o

Ask Cindy - she knows :wavey: I don't like to talk about tattoos' meaning especially when they are black.

Voo de Mar
02-06-2007, 09:23 AM
I saw Carlita your 2 Chinese tattoos :)

Carlita
02-06-2007, 09:25 AM
especially when they are black.:lol: sorry you've lost me there :shrug:

Carlita
02-06-2007, 09:25 AM
I saw Carlita your 2 Chinese tattoos :):D I love those

Voo de Mar
02-06-2007, 09:31 AM
:lol: sorry you've lost me there :shrug:

In my opinion black tattoos showing your mental wounds. But it's only my theory, one of many :lol:

Carlita
02-06-2007, 09:33 AM
In my opinion black tattoos showing your mental wounds. But it's only my theory, one of many :lol:oh okay..... :lol:

I wouldnt call my black tattoos mental wounds though :lol: ;)

Voo de Mar
02-06-2007, 09:36 AM
oh okay..... :lol:

I wouldnt call my black tattoos mental wounds though :lol: ;)

So I can congratulate you of life full of happines :yeah:;)

Carlita
02-06-2007, 09:40 AM
So I can congratulate you of life full of happines :yeah:;):hug: thank you ;)

*goes in search of Cindy now*

Voo de Mar
02-06-2007, 09:43 AM
*goes in search of Cindy now*

But remember: she knows only the main significance what is obvious for her :devil:

Jadranka
02-06-2007, 10:24 AM
No, because i'm too young for a tattoo :( :)

Naranoc
02-06-2007, 10:34 AM
Though carefully selected tattoo's can look good some people, I still wouldn't get one done, regardless of whether I'm old enough or not. I just don't see how it would in any way help fulfill my life/make it complete/make me appreciate myself more/make me look attractive :shrug:

To each their own, I guess.

Voo de Mar
02-06-2007, 10:43 AM
No, because i'm too young for a tattoo :( :)

Carlita
02-07-2007, 09:18 AM
But remember: she knows only the main significance what is obvious for her :devil:so now I know :)

alelysafina
02-07-2007, 10:22 AM
I have one, my tattoo says twin in Russian... because I am a twin lol My twin sister and I got it in the exact same place, about 6 inches under my left shoulder blade...

Voo de Mar
02-07-2007, 10:27 AM
I have one, my tattoo says twin in Russian... because I am a twin lol My twin sister and I got it in the exact same place, about 6 inches under my left shoulder blade...

Two little stars :hug: I have also a star but a black one :p
How to say "twin" in Russian? I don't know the cyrillic alphabet.

Sunset of Age
02-07-2007, 01:39 PM
Well then... here's mine!

My own design - one might say I'm a Music Lover. :D

Carlita
02-07-2007, 01:56 PM
Well then... here's mine!

My own design - one might say I'm a Music Lover. :D:yeah: very nice !

belco
02-07-2007, 02:23 PM
im tatto free :)

thiaela
02-07-2007, 03:06 PM
No, but I'd like to get one!

Joyce_23
02-08-2007, 03:31 PM
This is mine, a unicorn on my left shoulder.

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e328/Joy_22/Me/000_0111.jpg

I got it last year when I was 22 after thinking about getting one since I was 16. I decided to take the unicorn because I liked the picture but also because horses were my grandma's favorite animals. Next to that a unicorn is a unique, mythical creature and I kinda hope I am one too. :lol: ;)
To me the tattoo represents my decision to not let other people get me down anymore and it reminds me of my grandmother which is always a good thing.

Voo de Mar
02-08-2007, 04:07 PM
Two little stars :hug: I have also a star but a black one :p
How to say "twin" in Russian? I don't know the cyrillic alphabet.

aleysafina: my mother told me that on your tattoo is writing "blizniec"... in Polish "twin" is very similar to Russian - "bliźniak" :lol:

El Legenda
02-08-2007, 05:39 PM
yes :p i have my last name across the back...just like on sport jerseys :lol: its big, my last name has 9 letters :lol:

Mistaflava
02-08-2007, 05:40 PM
I have a big cross on my right arm just below the shoulder and angel wings holding a cross on my back. The angel wings go halway across each shoulder and they look pretty damn sick!

Would love to get another one...

Voo de Mar
02-08-2007, 07:19 PM
I have a big cross on my right arm just below the shoulder and angel wings holding a cross on my back. The angel wings go halway across each shoulder and they look pretty damn sick!

Could you show the photo of your tattoo?
I wanted once to have an angel looking for the moon (on my thigh) but pattern disapeared from the catalogue and instead of that, I've decided to have a star/pentagram :cool:

Denise
02-09-2007, 12:42 AM
No, I don't have and now I don't want one

alelysafina
02-09-2007, 09:35 AM
aleysafina: my mother told me that on your tattoo is writing "blizniec"... in Polish "twin" is very similar to Russian - "bliźniak" :lol:

:lol: what a coincidence :D

Peta Pan
02-09-2007, 11:52 AM

Mmm hot :drool:

Washa Koroleva
02-09-2007, 11:53 AM

you impress me :drool:

Washa Koroleva
02-09-2007, 11:55 AM
I love tattoos on guys as long is it's not on the whole arm :lol:

Peta Pan
02-09-2007, 12:10 PM
I still have my same 3 that I posted pics of 2 years ago. Probably won't get any more now. It's a shame coz I LOVE the exhilarating feeling of getting one done! But I really have nowhere else that I want one or anything else that I want done :(

Voo de Mar
02-09-2007, 01:03 PM
I still have my same 3 that I posted pics of 2 years ago. Probably won't get any more now. It's a shame coz I LOVE the exhilarating feeling of getting one done! But I really have nowhere else that I want one or anything else that I want done :(

You have a yellow star, aleysafina has a red one and my star is black :cool:
Your butterfly is great :rocker:

Carlita
02-09-2007, 05:16 PM

Would love to get another one...wow!

Would like to see those :)

Mistaflava
02-10-2007, 01:17 AM
I'll try to get someone to take a pic of them...

partygirl
02-10-2007, 10:54 AM
Nope...I'm completely clean:p
I'm not even pierced anywhere -even ears.

so... there is my body art.:umbrella:

Il Primo Uomo
02-10-2007, 03:33 PM
I don't like tatoos on girls. It makes them look like junkies :shrug:

Joyce_23
02-10-2007, 04:39 PM

:lol: I have heard a lot of reasons why people don't like a tattoo on me because I'm a girl but this one is new. What is it with girls and tattoos? So guys can have one and are considered cool because of it but if a girl gets one it's suddenly evidence that she's trailertrash and/or a junkie? It makes absolutely no sense. I guess some guys like their women to be 'pure', whatever that may be.

Voo de Mar
02-10-2007, 04:49 PM
In my opinion doesn't matter who has a tattoo, boy or girl. I'm following on equal opportunity :D

Joyce_23
02-10-2007, 05:50 PM
In my opinion doesn't matter who has a tattoo, boy or girl. I'm following on equal opportunity :D

I like your attitude. ;) Amen to that.

Mistaflava
02-10-2007, 09:57 PM

:rolleyes:

El Legenda
02-10-2007, 10:15 PM

what about the huge I :hearts: Jerry! going down your arm :p

partygirl
02-10-2007, 11:39 PM
:rolleyes:
it was not a judgement.

Il Primo Uomo
02-11-2007, 12:05 AM
:lol: I have heard a lot of reasons why people don't like a tattoo on me because I'm a girl but this one is new. What is it with girls and tattoos? So guys can have one and are considered cool because of it but if a girl gets one it's suddenly evidence that she's trailertrash and/or a junkie? It makes absolutely no sense. I guess some guys like their women to be 'pure', whatever that may be.

I can change my mind, if you SHOW ME :aplot:

Carlita
02-11-2007, 09:16 PM
I'll try to get someone to take a pic of them...cool :)

I don't like tatoos on girls. It makes them look like junkies :shrug:right..... :rolleyes:

I think it all depends on the individual and the tattoo(or where it's placed). One tattoo can look great on one person but trashy on another....

Mistaflava
02-12-2007, 02:12 AM
Tattoos on girls is pretty fuckin hot if you ask me. As long as they are not white trash tattoos.

Peta Pan
02-28-2007, 10:45 AM
Ok then :silly:
There is nothing wrong with us wanting a few nice tatts just like guys do.. what is the difference? I think mine are tasteful and tastefully placed.
:yeah: Thankyou

I'm scared of piercings :scared: Too scared to even get my ears pierced!
Tattoos on girls is pretty fuckin hot if you ask me. As long as they are not white trash tattoos.
:banana:

So where is this one you were going to show us?? I was all excited about seeing it! ;)

Carlita
02-28-2007, 11:05 AM
Yes Flava :lol:

show us that tattoo :banana:

shotgun
03-22-2007, 06:42 PM
I don't have any and probably never will. I'm not very keen on tattoos, I appreciate the human body as it is. :D

alelysafina
05-16-2007, 12:31 PM
So i got anew tattoo a few weeks ago and this pic was take about an hour after I got it done:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y185/AlelyNoemi/th_14029db7.jpg (http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y185/AlelyNoemi/14029db7.jpg)

smitty8
05-17-2007, 01:31 AM
I don't have any tattoos, however, I have thought about getting one. I have a scar I wanted to hide and was thinking about putting a trailing rose or roses to go around it, kind of mask it. Now it (the scar) has faded a bit, so I don't think I'll do it. Besides, I would've done it 15 years ago if I had done it at all. I also am not sure if they could've done it so near the scar considering how large and raised it was. Besides, my Dad would KILL me if I got a tattoo! I had a temporary on my ankle once and he almost had a heart attack, while I LMAO at him. I still might get a small one of something musical since music is my passion, but it must be small because I'm not sure I could handle the pain.

Voo de Mar
05-21-2007, 10:35 PM
My fifth tattoo from yesterday, so it's quite fresh. On the right thigh near to the groin :crazy:

Sunset of Age
05-22-2007, 08:08 PM
My fifth tattoo from yesterday, so it's quite fresh. On the right thigh near to the groin :crazy:

Ah, you got a new one!
Congrats, looks good.

Voo de Mar
05-22-2007, 08:11 PM
Ah, you got a new one!
Congrats, looks good.

Thanks CB :hug: Today someone told me it's funny :devil: I don't care, the most important thing is that looks good for me :cool:

Sofyaxo
05-23-2007, 06:26 AM
I have a few mostly not really noticeable at all.

My favorite is on the inside of my wrist. It's a tree like design with a few different Russian words worked into it.

Taz Warrior
05-23-2007, 06:39 AM
I have the dragon from the Welsh flag on the top left of my back.....been thinking about getting another one recently but can't decide what :shrug:

Voo de Mar
05-23-2007, 11:04 AM
ViennaLoves & Gavnich77: could you give here some photo of your tattoos?

Carlita
05-23-2007, 09:05 PM
I have the dragon from the Welsh flag on the top left of my back.....been thinking about getting another one recently but can't decide what :shrug:oooh I know what you mean! I would looooooove just one more....but not sure what or even where.....:lol:

t0x
05-23-2007, 10:34 PM
Yes, a penguin :)

ArielCH.
05-24-2007, 02:48 AM
I´ve a snake in the right arm

Peta Pan
05-26-2007, 09:45 AM
I think I'd like another one... on the top of my foot.

But I can't afford any right now so maybe next year.

Voo de Mar
05-26-2007, 09:50 AM
I think I'd like another one... on the top of my foot.

But I can't afford any right now so maybe next year.

Yesterday I had a dream: a girl shows me a tattoo on the right heel :D I think never do some tattoo on my feet. Next will be probably on my tummy.

Sofyaxo
05-26-2007, 05:29 PM
I hardly have a picture of me never mind of my wrist. :lol:

My next one is going to be a star pattern going down my ankle onto my foot.

merce
06-07-2007, 03:44 AM
nope, but at one point i wanted to get one

Voo de Mar
06-03-2008, 12:29 AM
I think never do some tattoo on my feet. Next will be probably on my tummy.

It wasn't on my tummy, but on my lower back :D Here is my 6th tattoo (own project) :wavey:

Richard_from_Cal
06-03-2008, 01:44 AM
It wasn't on my tummy, but on my lower back :D Here is my 6th tattoo (own project) :wavey:
When was your first...and where (what city) did you get it?

BigJohn
06-03-2008, 02:21 AM
After a shitty 2 weeks at the job, I can't wait for Friday to come.

I have two dragons on one shoulder, they'll be getting their cloud background, pretty much covering the sleeve, shoulder and a bit of the upper back. And since it is a pain not being able to swim for a week, I'm also getting work done on another one, it is on the other shoulder. An egyptian cartouche with a scarab in it. I like it but it is too small. So I am getting a new one done on top of it, the new beetle will cover the whole original cartouche.

Haute
06-03-2008, 02:37 AM
I've never heard of anyone having a cartouche tattoo before, very nice! :yeah:

I think I'm going to have to wait another year for my next one. I'm thinking about getting a few shoots of bamboo going from my hip down to my knee.

Ivanatis
06-03-2008, 08:30 AM
I have a barcode at the back of my neck

and it will probably stay my only tattoo

deanna
06-03-2008, 09:36 AM
I wanna get a small black star on the bottom of my wrist; but is it dangerous to get one there? :awww:

Voo de Mar
06-03-2008, 10:16 AM
When was your first...and where (what city) did you get it?

My first was made 7 years ago, all my tattoos were made in my hometown by three men. I suppose another one will be elsewhere :)

Louche
06-06-2008, 03:49 AM
I have 2 tattoos from years ago. Tattooing was illegal where I live so I had to travel to get them.

2 is enough for me right now.

Voo de Mar
06-06-2008, 07:02 AM
I have 2 tattoos from years ago. Tattooing was illegal where I live so I had to travel to get them.

Where tattooing is illegal :confused:

Leonardo
06-06-2008, 02:54 PM
Most tattoos are permant. Though they can be removed by laser, it'll be painful.

Louche
06-06-2008, 11:35 PM
Where tattooing is illegal

In the state that I live in, USA. It was not legal to operate a tattoo business until 2001, I think. Was punishable by a fine or prison by law. :eek:

BigJohn
06-07-2008, 12:07 AM
Tatoos illegal in the States? That is messed up! I never would have guessed.

So I just had my (short) sleeve done: Mammatus clouds from the mid-bicep up to the neck. It serves has a background for 2 chinese dragons.

It took 2h30 and when it was all done, the other appointment was there, so there was no time for my other shoulder. I'll go back tomorow when the guy has an opening during the day.

The appointments are all messed up: the place had a fire 2 weeks ago. They are operating from theit backroom and their appointment books were lost so under the circumstances, it is understandable that some glitches happen.

After discussion with the Artist, instead of having a (too small) scarab cartouche, or a redone GIGANTIC scarab cartouche, it will be simply a 12 to 15 cm scarab on the upper arm/shoulder.

I'll be then done with the shoulders.

Oh yes... this sleeve will most likely make my mother cry.

Voo de Mar
06-07-2008, 10:48 AM
Tatoos illegal in the States? That is messed up! I never would have guessed.

So I just had my (short) sleeve done: Mammatus clouds from the mid-bicep up to the neck. It serves has a background for 2 chinese dragons.

[...]

Oh yes... this sleeve will most likely make my mother cry.

:lol:

Do a picture of the new tattoo and show us, from description it's quite interesting :wavey:

Manon
06-07-2008, 11:10 AM
Little anker on the left shoulder.

BigJohn
06-07-2008, 06:58 PM
:lol:

Do a picture of the new tattoo and show us, from description it's quite interesting :wavey:

I'll take a pic after the touch up have healed up. (appointment in 2 weeks for the touch-up)

As I was told yesterday, I got a phone call this morning, there was an opening at 11h30. Gone is the beetle cartouche, replaced by a 15cm beetle. Another cartouche would have been way too big.

That new beetle is pretty big... I love it.

Louche
06-07-2008, 10:40 PM
That new beetle is pretty big... I love it.

Will your mother still cry?

BigJohn
06-08-2008, 03:38 PM
Will your mother still cry?

For sure she will.

I took a pic of the beetle one, it is really looking nicely healed up already. It is on my computer, but I can't attach it. Pressing on Manage Attachments does absolutely nothing. So I guess I won't be able to share the pics.

That is a shame, I so rarely feel like an exibitionist.

Louche
06-09-2008, 12:31 AM
Use Photobucket or ImageShack to host your picture. I prefer photobucket, but they are both very useful.

Monteque
06-15-2008, 04:12 PM
i like the art of tattoo and i enjoy watching Miami Ink or similar programs but i dont like the tattoo placed in my body in any condition

BigJohn
06-16-2008, 11:01 PM
A little update and a good advice for those looking into getting one done:

My new beetle looked OK right from the start. I did the usual treatment that works for me: Wash every 4 hours with a soft cloth and mild soap, rinsing with very cold water, then pad it with a tissue, followed by a good layer of bacitracin ointment. Then 3 days later, switched to regular cream.

On the sixth day, I woke up and go to wash it... hu-ho what the hell was that? A little scab, no bigger but no smaller than a smiley. How and when did that happen? Never happened to me before...

So I did major treatment of bacitracin every 2 hours for 2 days, no washing the area at all... That stuff is so good, I could actually see the skin reforming at each application, the scab melting away.

Day 3, all gone, there is very slight discolouration, but nothing major.

Day 4, where was that thing again?

Monteque
06-18-2008, 03:52 PM
It'll give u the diseases.

BigJohn
06-19-2008, 12:09 AM
It'll give u the diseases.

All of them? :eek:

Sunset of Age
06-19-2008, 02:11 AM

No risk at all if you just make sure the tattoo shop where you're going abides the common infection prevention/hygiene rules: autoclaving needles and stuff, personel wearing latex gloves, etc.

BigJohn, is that your first tattoo? Usually your skin needs a few weeks to fully heal, forming of scabs once in a while is perfectly normal during the healing process.

EDIT: just read you already have some. :D

Sunset of Age
06-19-2008, 02:19 AM
BTW, I'm thinking of getting another one. On my right leg calf. Can anyone tell me, does it hurt much getting one over there?

:secret: I'm such a pussy... :lol:

BigJohn
06-19-2008, 02:50 AM
I will tell you that in the back, it really stings near the spine. The shoulders are fine until you get into the neck area, and I have one above the ankle.

As long as it is on a muscle, it is OK. It is when it gets to skin and bone or no hard backing areas that it gets well, interesting.

If you understand that the process involves a needle stabbing you 150 000 times a second, it should not be a surprise.

BTW: scabs are a no no. Peeling is normal, but scabs are trouble. I still have no idea how that happened...

If you already have one, you are not a pussy. Like maybe that Hearts dude ou dudette...

Sunset of Age
06-19-2008, 03:00 AM
I will tell you that in the back, it really stings near the spine. The shoulders are fine until you get into the neck area, and I have one above the ankle.

As long as it is on a muscle, it is OK. It is when it gets to skin and bone or no hard backing areas that it gets well, interesting.

Yeah, that's my idea as well. As long as it's soft tissue where you get one... it's okay.

If you understand that the process involves a needle stabbing you 150 000 times a second, it should not be a surprise.

Tell me all about it, :help: :lol:. I have one, mate! and not a cute little butterfly/dolphin or the like, no, it covers some 15 x 5 cm on my left upper arm...

BTW: scabs are a no no. Peeling is normal, but scabs are trouble. I still have no idea how that happened...

Had scabs myself for a few weeks when I got my first one. Took care of it well, and well... it all came out perfectly okay in the end. But when in doubt, do visit a doc!

If you already have one, you are not a pussy. Like maybe that Hearts dude ou dudette...

Yeah, I have one... but still I'm a pussy. :lol:
I've had a fear for needles all my life, and I thought this was the best way to deal with that fear.

Talking about cuts and needles - I have had an ugly little bump on my chest for a few months, went to my GP, and she confirmed my suspicion - it's a Basal cell carcinoma (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basal_cell_carcinoma) :scared: Bah.

Cutting out is getting done in one week's time. My GP told me not to be afraid - "it's a lot less painful than getting your tattoo done, lady!" :lol:

I have a wonderful and funny GP. :angel:

BigJohn
06-19-2008, 03:37 AM
Hope that minor surgery goes well. Keep us posted!

Sunset of Age
06-19-2008, 03:38 AM
Hope that minor surgery goes well. Keep us posted!

:hug:

Just a bit of cutting. Bah.
The bad thing is, it's a spot where I am actually able to watch it while it's being done. :puke: :scared: :help:

Thanks for your support! :hug:

Monteque
06-19-2008, 09:03 AM

no, but like playing russian roullete, you will never know:mad:
Big, try in your penis, gonna be awesome.:haha:

Monteque
06-19-2008, 09:06 AM
I have one, mate! and not a cute little butterfly/dolphin or the like, no, it covers some 15 x 5 cm on my left upper arm...

With modern tech, now it can be erased though with laser. :devil:

Yves.
06-19-2008, 09:20 AM
I think tattoos are a mutilation of your body.

BigJohn
06-19-2008, 02:19 PM
Big, try in your penis, gonna be awesome.:haha:

IN my penis? I would not know how that would work... And why the interest in my dick anyway? Is someone about to venture out of the closet?

I think tattoos are a mutilation of your body.

So is getting your ear pierced...

Monteque
06-19-2008, 06:06 PM
it'll put down to your inside of skin.

The tattoo is the art, still i dont want it for my own body. but i do like to learn how to do it.

Mashachosen1
07-21-2008, 09:07 PM
2nd opt.

amalyn
08-08-2008, 02:49 AM
I don't have one and I don't want one. Some tattoos do look good on some people, but it's just not for me. Besides, I would never be able to decide what to get - dolphins or butterflies or hearts are too "girly" for my taste, and Chinese symbols often look great but why would I get something in Chinese when I have no connection to China at all?

I did have a henna tattoo once, like ten years ago during a holiday in Rhodes. I had an allergic reaction to the stuff and the thing stayed with me for almost half a year, all red and swollen. I was starting to be really afraid it would never heal and fade when it finally did. I hadn't put much thought into it since it was only supposed to stay visible for a few weeks ...

Knightmace
08-09-2008, 12:55 AM
no never will

08-09-2008, 03:03 AM
Have 1. It's an ankh, in a weird place which is not visible unless I'm wearing extremely low cut pants. Looking forward to getting a 2nd on my ankle - the tree of life.

Anyone here with foot tattoos?

platinum
09-12-2008, 02:53 PM
Yup.

Voo de Mar
06-23-2009, 01:29 AM
This is my cover up which has been made this month above my right elbow. Previously I had five-pointed star (as you can see on the picture) but covered it with some fire-tribal (?). I wanted to have different "cover up" (also with 7 flames) but a tattooist had been a fucking mug and fucked it up, so I went to another artist and he improved my tattoo, and has added a white kanji to do something better with this black stain :cool:

superslam77
06-24-2009, 04:08 PM
Not to offend anyone but to damage your own skin for attention or fashion...

Later having to pay a lot of money and pain for it too :eek: I'd rather die,sorry.

Voo de Mar
06-24-2009, 04:19 PM
Not to offend anyone but to damage your own skin for attention or fashion...

Later having to pay a lot of money and pain for it too :eek: I'd rather die,sorry.

Don't look on tattoos so one-sided. It's not only a matter of attention or fashion, that's the one thing, another one, the process of tattooing isn't always painful, at least for me it wasn't painful in the places on the body where I've got tattoos. People have different purposes to have a tattoo and different sensitivity for pain.

dusan1610
06-24-2009, 04:43 PM
i dont like that!:sad:

sammy01
06-24-2009, 09:01 PM
i have 5, heres 2 of them;

http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v264/94/40/1358415784/n1358415784_18513_1030.jpg

http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v264/94/40/1358415784/n1358415784_18514_1295.jpg

i love each and everyone of mine, i got each one of them at certain stage of my life since i was 16.

Voo de Mar
06-24-2009, 09:02 PM
^ Bravely, on the forearms :yeah: I'd say you've got a water tribal.

sammy01
06-24-2009, 09:18 PM
i've also got a cross on my back, a star on my arm and another pattern/tribal design on the front (not side) of my bicep.

Voo de Mar
06-24-2009, 10:46 PM
i've also got a cross on my back

Why cross? Are you religious? How many arms has your star?

Manon
06-24-2009, 11:33 PM
I have just one. Ankh on my left shoulder.

Voo de Mar
06-24-2009, 11:42 PM
I have just one. Ankh on my left shoulder.

How many years ago have you done it?

Manon
06-25-2009, 12:13 AM
How many years ago have you done it?

Eight years. Why Voo?
I have some ideas for more, I showed them some of our friends here...I don't know yet what it be.

Voo de Mar
06-25-2009, 12:36 AM
Eight years. Why Voo?
I have some ideas for more, I showed them some of our friends here...I don't know yet what it be.

I think 8 years is a long span of time for tattoos. For instance I did my first one also 8 years ago and since then I've got 8 tattoos, or 4, it depends how to count. I've got tattoos in four different places on my body. I suppose it's rather common for people to do another tattoos through life, especially if the first one wasn't huge :angel:

Carlita
06-25-2009, 01:28 PM
Last October I got a new tattoo.

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o276/MissWoessie/mtf/tattoo_heart004.jpg

it's a Celtic loveheart and it's on my left wrist (inside) :)

I had to get used to it quite a bit because it's a lot bigger than I expected. I wanted it to be so the inside line would be the outside line :lol: But, I like it now :)

Voo de Mar
06-25-2009, 01:36 PM
Nice shadows ~*Carlita*~ :hug:

Carlita
06-25-2009, 01:41 PM

http://www.zoojewellery.com/images/products/8282.jpg and I have the earrings to match :haha:

It's also a little bit lighter than on the picture. The pic was taken right after it was set.

KiwiChica
06-26-2009, 03:28 PM
I have no tattoos as of yet, but I am planning on getting my first one soon. Actually, I want two, and both will be footie related, of course:

HERTHA BSC BERLIN on my upperarm
and
YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE on my shoulderblade

If only I could overcome my fear of needles ... ;)

Voo de Mar
06-26-2009, 03:37 PM
I have no tattoos as of yet, but I am planning on getting my first one soon. Actually, I want two, and both will be footie related, of course:

HERTHA BSC BERLIN on my upperarm
and
YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE on my shoulderblade

If only I could overcome my fear of needles ... ;)

I hope you'll overcome it :yeah: Is German your native language? I ask you because I'm curious what's the reason to choose some language. I've got for example 3 kanji letters on left arm because it would be obvious only for Asian people, but I live in Europe so the meaning isn't understandable for people who see my tattoos, and I like it :angel:

KiwiChica
06-26-2009, 04:06 PM
I hope you'll overcome it :yeah: Is German your native language? I ask you because I'm curious what's the reason to choose some language. I've got for example 3 kanji letters on left arm because it would be obvious only for Asian people, but I live in Europe so the meaning isn't understandable for people who see my tattoos, and I like it :angel:

I hope so, too, because I am really determined to get them done. :) Of course I also need to find out how much they'd cost, but yeah, I am making some plans here.

Yes. :) I decided to get HERTHA BSC BERLIN to brand myself for life with this team, and YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE is simply the best football anthem out there. ;) Its lyrics sort of speak to me - to never lose hope and you'll have people beside you who guide you. ;)

sammy01
01-12-2010, 12:12 PM
Why cross? Are you religious? How many arms has your star?

no im not religous but love crosses. my star is black and what alternate.

anyway new tattoo time, this is #6, got it done yesterday so the pics aren't great as i took a couple as i was changing the dressing, thus it still being slimey and still slightly bleeding lol.

http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs159.snc3/18665_1338416024643_1358415784_941706_7691896_n.jp g

http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs159.snc3/18665_1338415944641_1358415784_941704_8020787_n.jp g

http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs159.snc3/18665_1338415984642_1358415784_941705_7881576_n.jp g

Peta Pan
01-12-2010, 12:15 PM
I think that once it's stopped being all slimey and still slightly bleeding, that will look pretty awesome :p :yeah: