Is Ferrero following in the footsteps of... [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Is Ferrero following in the footsteps of...

lzhaol
02-05-2005, 06:31 AM
Gustavo Kuerten??

Both were former world no1s...
both are invincible on clay at their best...
boths have suffered injuries
both are likely to be rated as underacheved in future :sad:

Action Jackson
02-05-2005, 06:32 AM
Overreaction and how is a 3 time winner of a Slam an underachiever?

LiZpHaIr
02-05-2005, 08:02 AM
Gustavo is so much better than JCF will ever be.

Ferrero Forever
02-05-2005, 08:57 AM
Ferrero will not be underachieved in his future, he's still young, and he's going to win RG quite a few more times before he retires. Kuerten has not underachieved, and Ferrero will do better than Kuerten.

bad gambler
02-05-2005, 08:59 AM
and Ferrero will do better than Kuerten.

he better start cracking then, lots to do

Ferrero Forever
02-05-2005, 09:09 AM
not gonna be easy, but he'll get there once he finds his form, and that will be very very soon.

roisin
02-05-2005, 10:34 AM
guga is a legend. :bowdown:

jc had 1 bad year. he'll be back though, hes far too good a player not to.

Ponytail
02-05-2005, 12:42 PM

So true...

MissMoJo
02-05-2005, 12:55 PM
I hardly think the two are comparable, and no one in their right mind would rate Guga as an underachiever. Wasn't he the lowest ranked player ever to win RG when he won it the first time?

I like JCF, but if he is following in Guga's footsteps, he needs to break into a sprint

Rogiman
02-05-2005, 12:56 PM
MissMoJo :hearts:

misyou25
02-05-2005, 01:13 PM
Ferrero will not be underachieved in his future, he's still young, and he's going to win RG quite a few more times before he retires. Kuerten has not underachieved, and Ferrero will do better than Kuerten.
:yeah: vamos juan carlos

MissMoJo
02-05-2005, 01:16 PM
MissMoJo :hearts:

:wavey: call me Jo :)

Rogiman
02-05-2005, 01:19 PM
Of course... Jo... :hearts:

Mount Goddess
02-05-2005, 03:15 PM
Juan Carlos will be number one again before to much longer.

Jenrios
02-05-2005, 03:21 PM
There's no-way Guga is an under-achiever - and I'm hoping JCF recovers his fitness and form - he is still young.

star
02-05-2005, 03:34 PM
I really like JCF and enjoy his game, but at this point he's going to have a hard time equaling Kuerten's career.

Guga :inlove:

Chloe le Bopper
02-05-2005, 05:48 PM

Everywhere but the AO and the USO ;)

But yes, overall he is, and these two should not be compared.

Scotso
02-05-2005, 09:23 PM
Gustavo is better at the moment, but that could change.

Vamos JC.

mitalidas
02-05-2005, 09:39 PM
Juan Carlos will be number one again before to much longer.
jcf will undoubtedly bounce back from his 2004 levels, but i am not as confident that he will be number one again.
even on his best surface --clay, he has a handful of serious contenders now.

Billabong
02-06-2005, 02:19 AM
I really hope JC will come back like before, definitely:D! But he still has a lot to do to equal Guga, like you said;)! Anyways they are still 2 different players and I hope the best for them:)! I still hope Guga can win many more big titles, GOOOOOOO GUGAAAAAAAA:banana:!!! and GOOOO JC:bounce:!!!

Federerhingis
02-06-2005, 03:08 AM
Yeah its really sad what injuries can do to top players, I mean Juanqui was doing so so well prior to the injury, making the U.S open final and his form was at its peak. We always knew he was bound to win the french one day and after that win and his clay record one needed not be a genius to figure out he would continue his winning ways at Rolland garros. Nonetheless Kuerten always gave him fits at the French open, and it seemed like those two were going to be fighting for the title for years to come, sadly enough both have been battered by injuries and their forms have suffered greatly. It would be great if those two could get back to their top forms, I am sure that while Guga is in the latter stages of his career and aging he's got a few more seasons of very good tennis in him, he's certainly talented enough. Hopefully both can rebound, especially Juan Carlos since he's still so young and at the very bulk of his career.

However the road for these two seems to be getting even more challenging, they no longer are the kings of the clay, Coria is pretending to make claim of that title and the other spaniards and argentines aren't giving them any breaks. :worship: :worship:

Ferrero Forever
02-06-2005, 03:08 AM
Everywhere but the AO and the USO ;)

But yes, overall he is, and these two should not be compared.
agreed, those two should not be compared.

Lee
02-06-2005, 04:27 AM
Overreaction and how is a 3 time winner of a Slam an underachiever?

plus a TMC title and 5 TMS title.

misyou25
02-06-2005, 03:49 PM
juanqui lover, your avatar destroyed my dreams...

misyou25
02-06-2005, 03:49 PM
true, cant be compared...if so, juancho will win;)

Billy Moonshine
02-06-2005, 09:25 PM
I know it's been said many time already, but I'm shocked to hear Guga described as an underachiever!

Yashirobai
02-06-2005, 11:02 PM
I think a lot of us are dreaming with watching, some day in the future, a Roland Garros final between Ferrero and Kuerten both at their top. However, I don't thinkg that's going to happen ever... and I don't think any of them will be as good as they were at some moment of their carrer (hopefully I'm wrong, very especially with Juan Carlos).

Ferrero Forever
02-07-2005, 09:22 AM
I think a lot of us are dreaming with watching, some day in the future, a Roland Garros final between Ferrero and Kuerten both at their top. However, I don't thinkg that's going to happen ever... and I don't think any of them will be as good as they were at some moment of their carrer (hopefully I'm wrong, very especially with Juan Carlos).
Don't lose faith in Juan Carlos, he's a fighter, he'll be back.

trixy
02-07-2005, 10:14 AM
I think if JC is following any1s career its Moya. A FO title, final at a slam other than the FO. Since then Moya hasn't done that well at the slams even tho he has remained in the top 10 and force to some extent ie winning tournaments here and there. Why do i see JCs career heading in the same direction......ugghh must stop being pessimistic