Roger Fans.. Rotterdam Red Envelope Mission [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Roger Fans.. Rotterdam Red Envelope Mission

CooCooCachoo
02-05-2005, 07:09 AM
This message is for fans of Roger Federer :p

Hey :)

Some of you may already know that yesterday I got extremely lucky, with a prize contest on a regional Dutch radio station. In the morning show they announced two streets in Rotterdam. In these streets you could find blocks of ice, which had a question inside. The question was multiple choice and you had to SMS the right answer. I sent like over 20 SMS :p :o :eek:

But... it worked! The prize was a Meet & Greet with Roger Federer at the ABN/AMRO World Tennis Tournament on Monday, February 14th! :bounce: And also a signed Nike shirt :) And I would guess that this also includes two tickets for the Monday day session. Needless to say that I have been extremely lucky this week and even before, since I have already won a tournament shirt, two tickets for the Monday evening session and two VIP-tickets for the final on Sunday :aparty: I never get this lucky, so I don't know why it is happening now :confused: ;)

Anyways, I have decided to bring Yvonne (Legolas from MTF) with me to the Meet & Greet. We have both decided on taking messages from his fans in a Red Envelope (some Roger fans know what we are talking about). Anyways, if you want to drop him a message, send Yvo or me a PM and we will make sure that Roger gets it that Monday :) All messages will be put in a red envelope, which seems to be somewhat of a trademark that Roger will surely recognize. I decided to post this here for people that haven't read it in Roger's forum.

:wavey:

CooCooCachoo
02-05-2005, 07:14 AM
By the way, this won't be an intimate meet & greet, cause there will be quite some other winners from following days who can also bring a friend. But we will of course try our best to get the envelope across and take some pictures :)

ae wowww
02-05-2005, 07:52 AM
Martijn, you lucky thing! Well done mate, enjoy it :D Saves on ticket cost too :lol:

babsi
02-05-2005, 09:25 AM
No need for you to play the lotterie ever again - you are outlucked - enjoye :) :)

Mrs. B
02-05-2005, 09:27 AM
Done. ;)

Ferrero Forever
02-05-2005, 10:01 AM
YOU LUCKY THINGS, have fun.

bad gambler
02-05-2005, 10:04 AM
congrats mate

also can you do me a favour - ask him how the bar was he went to the night he beat baghdatis in the AO ;)

Nikki♥
02-05-2005, 11:10 AM
Wow you´re really lucky. :) Have fun there!

Nikki♥
02-05-2005, 11:11 AM
bad gambler, that´s Karthikeyan in your avatar, right? I met him last year when he was racing in the Nissan World Series.

Meeek
02-05-2005, 11:14 AM
Wow! That's great dude!! Have fun! :cool: ;)

CooCooCachoo
02-05-2005, 12:24 PM
Thanks guys :bounce:

ae wowww
02-05-2005, 01:10 PM
Martijn--you know the Jim pic you sent me... do you know who he was practicing with, please? :)

bad gambler
02-05-2005, 01:33 PM
bad gambler, that´s Karthikeyan in your avatar, right? I met him last year when he was racing in the Nissan World Series.

yep that's the man

wow cool great that u were able to meet him

i actually know him personally, the guy is a top bloke, very quiet an unassuming and has been waiting for this chance for 5 years now, really hope he makes a good fist of things - based on his F3 performances he should have a respectable season

Kiara
02-05-2005, 01:33 PM
Congrats Martijn!

I love the red envelope thing that you guys do, it's awesome :D

PennyThePenguin
02-05-2005, 01:39 PM
martijn...u lucky thing. but i already told u that yesterday lol...still excited today?

Nikki♥
02-05-2005, 02:11 PM
yep that's the man

wow cool great that u were able to meet him

i actually know him personally, the guy is a top bloke, very quiet an unassuming and has been waiting for this chance for 5 years now, really hope he makes a good fist of things - based on his F3 performances he should have a respectable season

I wish him lotsa luck for his first season in F1. :cool: Jordan isn´t the best team but I´m pretty sure he´ll take his chance and will try to make the best of it.

novanora
02-05-2005, 02:55 PM
congrats, Martijn :aparty: Apparently, your luck arrives when you need it most ;)

enjoy the tourney with Yvo and Roger of course :D

CooCooCachoo
02-05-2005, 04:34 PM
Martijn--you know the Jim pic you sent me... do you know who he was practicing with, please? :)

He was on the same court with Dominik Hrbaty, Graydon Oliver and his doubles partner Ivo Karlovic ;)

CooCooCachoo
02-05-2005, 04:35 PM
martijn...u lucky thing. but i already told u that yesterday lol...still excited today?

Yes, very :D

ae wowww
02-05-2005, 05:21 PM
He was on the same court with Dominik Hrbaty, Graydon Oliver and his doubles partner Ivo Karlovic ;)

PaulieM
02-05-2005, 05:39 PM
OMG I'm so jealous.. have fun :)

joeb_uk
02-05-2005, 07:41 PM
You want to bombard him with envelopes lol! he may get abit worried

joeb_uk
02-05-2005, 07:43 PM
lol!!!
"I never get this lucky, so I don't know why it is happening now"

Sending 20 txts surely did the job for you! have fun :yeah:

MariaV
02-05-2005, 07:45 PM
WOW Martijn you are lucky!!!!! Enjoy the tourney and meeting Rogi!! :bounce: :yippee: I'm like soooooooo envious!

fedsfan1
02-05-2005, 07:51 PM
Hi Martijn... :wavey:

WOW!! A meet & greet with Roger---How lucky you are!!! Your must be so excited.....I would be....I'm just a little jealous..... ;)

Have a great time & I look forward to reading your report .......

What is the deadline to send you pm for the "red envelope"??

cheers :cool:

ps-You are going with Legolas, right? He/she posted on rf.com about this....Have a blast , mates!!!

Kyla
02-05-2005, 07:56 PM
:woohoo: GREAT! Have a nice day then! :)

Yonge
02-05-2005, 09:11 PM
Have fun Martijn :yippee: ! Just mention MTF to Roger and I'd be happy. Maybe when he's relaxing he'd remember MTF and visit the forums :aplot:

CooCooCachoo
02-06-2005, 09:05 AM
Hi Martijn... :wavey:

WOW!! A meet & greet with Roger---How lucky you are!!! Your must be so excited.....I would be....I'm just a little jealous..... ;)

Have a great time & I look forward to reading your report .......

What is the deadline to send you pm for the "red envelope"??

ps-You are going with Legolas, right? He/she posted on rf.com about this....Have a blast , mates!!!

Yes I am taking Legolas with me (Legolas is female ;)) :)

And the deadline is not too strict. The Meet & Greet will be on Monday the 14th and it would be most convenient if we receive the PMs before Saturday, because we will also be at the event on Saturday and Sunday of qualifying :)

CooCooCachoo
02-06-2005, 09:06 AM
And thanks for your kind words everyone :D

Art&Soul
02-06-2005, 10:36 AM
And take a pic with him please and post it here okay?

Nymeria
02-06-2005, 02:19 PM

:lol: it sounds funny if you say Legolas if female, but you're right I am female.

Nymeria
02-06-2005, 02:20 PM
Smart of you to post this message in GM martijn :yeah: :)

joeb_uk
02-06-2005, 03:06 PM

And the deadline is not too strict. The Meet & Greet will be on Monday the 14th and it would be most convenient if we receive the PMs before Saturday, because we will also be at the event on Saturday and Sunday of qualifying :)
That one had me stumped for a year or so lol! i always thought legolas was a guy. Is legolas a female name in dutch or a nickname?

star
02-06-2005, 03:55 PM
This message is for fans of Roger Federer :p

Hey :)

Some of you may already know that yesterday I got extremely lucky, with a prize contest on a regional Dutch radio station. In the morning show they announced two streets in Rotterdam. In these streets you could find blocks of ice, which had a question inside. The question was multiple choice and you had to SMS the right answer. I sent like over 20 SMS :p :o :eek:

But... it worked! The prize was a Meet & Greet with Roger Federer at the ABN/AMRO World Tennis Tournament on Monday, February 14th! :bounce: And also a signed Nike shirt :) And I would guess that this also includes two tickets for the Monday day session. Needless to say that I have been extremely lucky this week and even before, since I have already won a tournament shirt, two tickets for the Monday evening session and two VIP-tickets for the final on Sunday :aparty: I never get this lucky, so I don't know why it is happening now :confused: ;)

Anyways, I have decided to bring Yvonne (Legolas from MTF) with me to the Meet & Greet. We have both decided on taking messages from his fans in a Red Envelope (some Roger fans know what we are talking about). Anyways, if you want to drop him a message, send Yvo or me a PM and we will make sure that Roger gets it that Monday :) All messages will be put in a red envelope, which seems to be somewhat of a trademark that Roger will surely recognize. I decided to post this here for people that haven't read it in Roger's forum.

:wavey:

:woohoo:

This is terrific. Can't wait to hear the full report.

CooCooCachoo
02-06-2005, 04:17 PM
That one had me stumped for a year or so lol! i always thought legolas was a guy. Is legolas a female name in dutch or a nickname?

Legolas is the male elf in Lord of the Rings :p

Nymeria
02-06-2005, 04:38 PM
That one had me stumped for a year or so lol! i always thought legolas was a guy.

How did I make you believe I'm a guy? :p

Nymeria
02-06-2005, 04:39 PM
Legolas is the male elf in Lord of the Rings :p

I'm still surprised some people don't know what my nick means :p

As Tijn said it's the elf of the lord of the rings. If you would translate his name to English you would get greenleaf.

CooCooCachoo
02-06-2005, 05:17 PM
:wavey: Greenleaf :p

fedsfan1
02-07-2005, 03:06 AM
Thanks Yvonne(Legolas) & CooCooCachoo!!

I will send my pm before Friday!!

Have fun & I will be thinking of you that day!!!

paige
02-07-2005, 03:13 AM
I'm just so excited for you. I think that's incredible and you really earned it.

Just have yourself a great time and merely with your presence you WILL be telling him everything he needs to know from us. Congrats again!!!! :)

Doris Loeffel
02-07-2005, 11:50 AM
Wow well done!!
I'm jalous....
... oh well I try my luck again in Basel...
... do u have an e-mail addy where I can send my message to!! (Couse mine are usually quite long....)

gsm
02-07-2005, 12:31 PM
very very cool , a very deserving winner.

look forward to a little report about your outing.

Lalitha
02-07-2005, 12:45 PM
Martijn, have fun! :bounce:

avocadoe
02-07-2005, 02:51 PM
coocoocachoo, that's so cool!!! will try to get my thought together :) what does your name mean?

SwissMister1
02-07-2005, 04:08 PM
That's great...have fun there! It must have been really strange rooting around the streets looking for blocks of ice. Of course, if they tried that gimmick here in Washington in August, the ice would melt in about a minute.

barrdani
02-07-2005, 04:11 PM

barrdani
02-07-2005, 04:13 PM
ooo

CooCooCachoo
02-10-2005, 08:42 PM
coocoocachoo, that's so cool!!! will try to get my thought together :) what does your name mean?

It means Little Cat :p It's the nick name of Karol Kucera ;)

CooCooCachoo
02-10-2005, 08:44 PM
This is almost like your last call to send the messages! :)

We might give them on Saturday already !:)

Horatio Caine
02-10-2005, 11:23 PM
Hi Martijn! :wavey:

Would you mind asking Roger a less-serious question? Here it is:

"Roger - what is your favourite Swiss cheese? Is cheese a beneficial part of a tennis-player's diet?

Thanks!

Have a good one man - you deserved your big day :)

CooCooCachoo
02-11-2005, 07:35 AM
:lol: Jez, write him a message and it will be included, but I won't go and ask him such questions ;)