"True Love knows no gender" ??????????? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

"True Love knows no gender" ???????????

*Viva Chile*
02-05-2005, 02:51 AM
I just saw many avatars that have the legend "true love knows no gender". Is it a campaign or what?? :confused:

Carito_90
02-05-2005, 02:57 AM
:lol: No, we were on a MSN in one of those conversation with many people (Roddick fans) when am&a (the user) came up with this idea of using pics of two players hugging or touching or whatever with the caption "true love knows no gender" as avs.
Just as a joke you know :p I think that's all

*Viva Chile*
02-05-2005, 03:38 AM
Thank you for the explanation! :yeah:

Carito_90
02-05-2005, 03:39 AM
You're welcome ;)

Chloe le Bopper
02-05-2005, 04:14 AM
I forgot to put mine up :(

Eclectic Goddess
02-05-2005, 04:17 AM
I've been wondering about those avatars, too. Maybe I should put it on mine.

Then again, some things need no explaining.

*Viva Chile*
02-05-2005, 05:29 AM
It would be a great idea that if any person creates more avs of this type... could publish them soon in this thread. :yeah:

Eclectic Goddess
02-05-2005, 05:38 AM
How's that?

I'm going to fiddle with some of my other slashy photos (I have LOTS!) and turn them into avatars with that legend. I'll post them here when I'm done.

Eclectic Goddess
02-05-2005, 06:07 AM
You people really shouldn't encourage me!

Eclectic Goddess
02-05-2005, 06:34 AM
ew, creepy longhaired lleyton. but nice other than that. (:
Hey, I think Lleyton was cute with long hair! Besides, you can just focus on the person hugging him. (Mmm...Patrick. I miss Patrick.)

I'm glad you like the others, though. I'll make more later. Right now I'm supposed to be writing.

Oh, and...I don't like chocolate. Never have. Still speaking to me?

ae wowww
02-05-2005, 06:50 AM
Yeah I guessed it was that :lol:

Bibir
02-05-2005, 09:17 AM
:angel: True love knows no gender! :angel:

The match with Federer is over, and the Swiss, for all his heartbreak, embraces Safin at the net, they exchange words and go to their separate seats.

What happens next, usually, is that the loser will exit swiftly for sorrow is best not left on show while the winner will linger and soak in triumph he has bravely constructed. Except this ritual of ages has an abrupt interruption, for the briefest of moments, so brief that people may not really sense its significance, custom is abandoned.

Federer, head bowed, racket bags on both shoulders, is walking out, and as he passes Safin, it is expected they will politely ignore each other, the victor allowing the defeated his ego, the defeated not wishing to look his champion in the face.

But incredibly, by instinct not premeditation, Safin puts out his hand and rests it on Federerís shoulders.

*click*

It is nothing but everything. I am staggered for I have not seen this before, astonished because grace has become an aberration; this gesture does not fit the modern urge for one-upmanship, it does not sit with the silly vanity of the times.

We cannot say exactly what message Safinís act is sending. Perhaps it is one simply of solidarity, that he knows, too, how losing hurts; perhaps it is merely an acknowledgement of the sustained battle they have just fought and that so little separated them.

Perhaps it is an act of humility, as if he knew one defeat does not truly end a reign; perhaps it is recognition of each other as human beings, an understanding that while they may play our their hearts in public arenas they know there is life beyond this court.

It is beautiful, it is a gesture of spontaneous decency in a time when we find ways to excuse Hewittís petulance, it is a natural moment in a sporting world of artificiality, it is an instinctive sign of respect in an era of stage-managed show biz.

Federer does not shrug him off, or freeze, but puts out his left hand to touch Safin. And for this fleeting of instants, it is a better sporting world.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v367/sirius21/story1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v367/sirius21/story2.jpg

Kiara
02-05-2005, 09:28 AM
someone needs to stick the "true love knows no age" caption on that picture of Rafa and Moya in bed :o :o

hablovah19
02-05-2005, 10:03 AM

The match with Federer is over, and the Swiss, for all his heartbreak, embraces Safin at the net, they exchange words and go to their separate seats.

What happens next, usually, is that the loser will exit swiftly for sorrow is best not left on show while the winner will linger and soak in triumph he has bravely constructed. Except this ritual of ages has an abrupt interruption, for the briefest of moments, so brief that people may not really sense its significance, custom is abandoned.

Federer, head bowed, racket bags on both shoulders, is walking out, and as he passes Safin, it is expected they will politely ignore each other, the victor allowing the defeated his ego, the defeated not wishing to look his champion in the face.

But incredibly, by instinct not premeditation, Safin puts out his hand and rests it on Federerís shoulders.

*click*

It is nothing but everything. I am staggered for I have not seen this before, astonished because grace has become an aberration; this gesture does not fit the modern urge for one-upmanship, it does not sit with the silly vanity of the times.

We cannot say exactly what message Safinís act is sending. Perhaps it is one simply of solidarity, that he knows, too, how losing hurts; perhaps it is merely an acknowledgement of the sustained battle they have just fought and that so little separated them.

Perhaps it is an act of humility, as if he knew one defeat does not truly end a reign; perhaps it is recognition of each other as human beings, an understanding that while they may play our their hearts in public arenas they know there is life beyond this court.

It is beautiful, it is a gesture of spontaneous decency in a time when we find ways to excuse Hewittís petulance, it is a natural moment in a sporting world of artificiality, it is an instinctive sign of respect in an era of stage-managed show biz.

Federer does not shrug him off, or freeze, but puts out his left hand to touch Safin. And for this fleeting of instants, it is a better sporting world.

You put these pics into words so nicely. :yeah:

Nikki♥
02-05-2005, 10:13 AM
These avatars are truly cute especially since Valentineīs day is just around the corner.

Foxy Smile
02-05-2005, 10:14 AM

*click*

Wow! What an elevated style! I like it! Thanks :)

jmp
02-05-2005, 10:17 AM
Bea, you poet. :tears: :worship: What beautiful prose. :angel:

blosson
02-05-2005, 10:32 AM
Yep Bea, that's great. Safin was actually a very low key champion. He did not celebrate with a jump, screan or gestures, even in the final match. Cool Safin.

Bibir
02-05-2005, 10:42 AM
Bea, you poet. :tears: :worship: What beautiful prose. :angel:

Thanks but theses words are not from me...but from an australian journalist who believes that True love knows no gender. :angel:

I liked his words too...so true...so cute....Two gentlemen on the Court . http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/liebe/love-smiley-057.gif

"O Marat! where are you Marat? Deny your father and refuse your name! "

Foxy Smile
02-05-2005, 10:47 AM
"O Marat! where are you Marat? Deny your father and refuse your name! "[/I]
:haha: He's in Moscow... Has his sleep out :)

jmp
02-05-2005, 10:53 AM
You're still :angel: for posting it, Bea. :)

PennyThePenguin
02-05-2005, 12:35 PM
oh bea!! that's such a sweetversion...of course we also have the "roger is a thief" version :angel: hahahaha all in good fun :p

knight_ley
02-05-2005, 02:44 PM
someone needs to stick the "true love knows no age" caption on that picture of Rafa and Moya in bed :o :o

:haha:

tangerine_dream
02-05-2005, 05:05 PM
:lol: See what you started am&a? You pervy trend-setter you :devil: You deserve a big fat rep for that :worship: :hug:

Eclectic Goddess
02-05-2005, 05:55 PM

How can anyone expect us to ignore the overwhelming slashiness of tennis if those guys are going to keep doing things like that? (sighs) Oh well, more photos for me to play with!

Becarina
02-05-2005, 10:21 PM
How can anyone expect us to ignore the overwhelming slashiness of tennis if those guys are going to keep doing things like that? (sighs) Oh well, more photos for me to play with!

great story...

*Viva Chile*
02-06-2005, 02:48 AM
Look at my new avatar!!! :lol:

aceit
02-06-2005, 02:56 AM
If I wasn't on ban I would rep you for that cause that's GREAT!!!!!

User ID 4783
02-06-2005, 07:30 AM
is that a picture of the Olympic doubles final? Remove it please :o ;)

J. Corwin
02-06-2005, 08:59 AM
The trend is spreading like wildfire! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v98/1jackson2001/devil-smiley-029.gif

Ferrero Forever
02-06-2005, 09:42 AM
i'm gonna have some fun too, give me 10 minutes to change mine

Ferrero Forever
02-06-2005, 09:54 AM
do you like my avatar, i can't even see it.

J. Corwin
02-06-2005, 09:55 AM
It takes awhile now for MTF to update avs. Just wait a few. :)

Ferrero Forever
02-06-2005, 09:57 AM
ok, thanks for the info. Hope you guys like it.

Fergie
02-06-2005, 10:07 AM
No, is of the ARAG ATP World Team Championship 2003

Good avatar :yeah:

User ID 4783
02-06-2005, 11:25 AM
damn, at least I was close ;)

PennyThePenguin
02-06-2005, 11:44 AM
manda manda manda....what's this plague u've started :devil:

*Viva Chile*
02-06-2005, 03:28 PM

No, It's a picture of the Dusseldorf 2003 final... and I'm not going to remove it :mad:

misyou25
02-06-2005, 03:52 PM
bugger...lol

Golfnduck
02-06-2005, 04:58 PM
Amanda has started a trend :lol:

Tytta!.
02-06-2005, 04:59 PM
Yeah :lol:

User ID 4783
02-06-2005, 05:19 PM
No, It's a picture of the Dusseldorf 2003 final... and I'm not going to remove it :mad:
Don't take my remark seriously ;)

snaillyyy
02-06-2005, 09:05 PM
ah so you are the trendy perve manda ;) :p

great avatars everyone :D

kiro
02-07-2005, 02:02 AM
:lol: I'm joining too :lol:

*Viva Chile*
02-07-2005, 05:08 AM
:lol: I'm joining too :lol:

:lol: nice! Are they Fernando and JCF???

liptea
02-07-2005, 05:44 AM
Hey look, I can jump on a bandwagon too!

Eclectic Goddess
02-07-2005, 02:11 PM
Hey look, I can jump on a bandwagon too!
Oh, Liptea...I understand, believe me, but that's not how it works. Society would never accept you and Carlos together. (I assume that's you.) Some things just aren't meant to be. He's just going to have to stay with Rafael.

Maybe they'll let you watch?

If so, can I come too?

liptea
02-07-2005, 02:47 PM
Oh, Liptea...I understand, believe me, but that's not how it works. Society would never accept you and Carlos together. (I assume that's you.) Some things just aren't meant to be. He's just going to have to stay with Rafael.

Maybe they'll let you watch?

If so, can I come too?

:mad: Back off, Rafa. Carlos is MINE. (Yeah, that's me, kinda blurry)

Oh well, I'm sure Rafael and I could find a way to share him.

Eclectic Goddess
02-07-2005, 05:33 PM
:mad: Back off, Rafa. Carlos is MINE. (Yeah, that's me, kinda blurry)

Oh well, I'm sure Rafael and I could find a way to share him.
Sure, just leave me out. Don't I even get to watch? Rafael and Carlos, that is. You can have him to yourself. (No offense.)

jmgsdoubsprtnr
02-07-2005, 05:33 PM

*click*

that's great! i didn't even know that happened until i read it here. thanks for sharing! :yeah:

and my avatar can be taken that way (true love knows no gender) too! :lol:

Lila
02-07-2005, 05:52 PM
In that last picture it looks like Marat is gonna slap Roger... :haha: *tired*

Eclectic Goddess
02-07-2005, 05:55 PM
In that last picture it looks like Marat is gonna slap Roger... :haha: *tired*
Or push him down. How nice that it turned into something tender instead.

liS@
02-08-2005, 04:12 AM
Ahh, my thoughts exactly. :angel: Can't believe a journalist wrote a whole article (more like a detailed story) on an one millisecond event.

Tis true, this campaign is spreading like wildfire. :D

I quite enjoy the avatar from Viva Chile and haha, Escada, you don't need a ?, we all know it's true. The spitting was an act of love. Kiro's is also quite poignant as well, brings a tear to my eye. :couple:

And Rafa and Moya in a bed? Although not much of a surprise...Do tell, pls! (Psstt, can I watch too?) :angel:

<--- Someone tell me why Safin is touching Ferrero's knee? Give me a good reason... :confused:

Eclectic Goddess
02-08-2005, 05:01 AM
Just a couple more. I'm not sure if I like the Juan Carlos/Marat. It's just not a very clear photo.

Carito_90
02-08-2005, 11:07 AM
I hearterer mine :hearts:

These two are meant to be together.

wipeout
02-08-2005, 12:35 PM
<--- Someone tell me why Safin is touching Ferrero's knee? Give me a good reason... :confused:

joeb_uk
02-08-2005, 01:08 PM
Whoever made up this phrase, are you actually serious about it? or is it a joke?

misyou25
02-08-2005, 01:14 PM
lol...i'd touch it;)

Golfnduck
02-08-2005, 03:20 PM
Whoever made up this phrase, are you actually serious about it? or is it a joke?
It's just a joke, relax.

paige
02-08-2005, 03:59 PM
Amanda has started a trend :lol:

There should be t-shirts! :clap2: :worship: :clap2:

*Viva Chile*
02-08-2005, 05:15 PM
There should be t-shirts! :clap2: :worship: :clap2:

:haha: :haha: :haha:

tangerine_dream
02-08-2005, 05:31 PM
am&a, I'd start charging for this if I were you. ;)

joeb_uk
02-08-2005, 06:07 PM
I think there is a huge difference between their admiration for each other and them actually loving each other (which i doubt is true)

Eclectic Goddess
02-08-2005, 06:09 PM
I think there is a huge difference between their admiration for each other and them actually loving each other (which i doubt is true)
Look, this is just something we're doing for fun. You don't want to play, that's fine. Why try to kill our joy?

(By the way, the guys in my avatar HAVE said that they love each other.)

lizzieh
02-08-2005, 06:15 PM
it might not be true for the guys in mine persay, but like carlos/rafa? andy/mardy? you think those guys don't love each other? i seriously beg to differ.

Andy and Mardy... definately :devil:

Golfnduck
02-08-2005, 08:18 PM
Andy and Mardy... definately :devil:
That's who I have, look at the lover boys :devil:

lucashg
02-09-2005, 12:37 PM
LOL at this thread and at your avatars, they're all so cool. I'm thinking about jumping on this bandwagon too. Just give me a minute to change my avatar (or whatever time it needs) ;P

Eclectic Goddess
02-09-2005, 02:14 PM
LOL at this thread and at your avatars, they're all so cool. I'm thinking about jumping on this bandwagon too. Just give me a minute to change my avatar (or whatever time it needs) ;P
The more the merrier!

PennyThePenguin
02-10-2005, 09:41 AM
the jcf/marat one is the same photo that jiat was using for hers until she abandoned the cause. d: (:

awww. i'm sorry. i didn't abandon the cause. i just figured i'd prefer a marat closeup to a marat-juanqui not-close-up... if i had a marat-juanqui closeup i'd use it :p

paige
02-10-2005, 04:09 PM
I really like my av, so does a sig count? :)

tangerine_dream
02-11-2005, 05:42 PM
Here's a photo of Hewitt and Rafa if anyone wants to use it as their ambiguously gay duo av. ;)

*Viva Chile*
02-11-2005, 06:43 PM
Here's a photo of Hewitt and Rafa if anyone wants to use it as their ambiguously gay duo av. ;)

Of course, here's the av :haha:

Golfnduck
02-11-2005, 06:49 PM
That's a great avatar!!!!!

GermanBoy
02-11-2005, 07:25 PM
:lol: No, we were on a MSN in one of those conversation with many people (Roddick fans) when am&a (the user) came up with this idea of using pics of two players hugging or touching or whatever with the caption "true love knows no gender" as avs.
Just as a joke you know :p I think that's all

Have you ever thought of working in an advertising agency, am&a? :confused: You are talented! :D

aceit
02-11-2005, 08:50 PM
wow, you're good. i'm actually majoring in advertising. (:
:yeah: Nice. That's what I want to do! Well, I'm not 100% sure, but that's what I've been wanting to do since I was in 2nd grade. :p

Golfnduck
02-12-2005, 11:01 PM
:yeah: Nice. That's what I want to do! Well, I'm not 100% sure, but that's what I've been wanting to do since I was in 2nd grade. :p
Marketing is very interesting, but I wouldn't be very good at it.

bad gambler
02-12-2005, 11:09 PM
now its all making sense

Golfnduck
02-12-2005, 11:13 PM
now its all making sense
What is?

bad gambler
02-12-2005, 11:16 PM
well i too have noticed so many ppl having that phrase on their avatar and was wondering what the heck is going on!

NB: I'm not a homophobic

Golfnduck
02-12-2005, 11:58 PM
We're just doing them for fun. Join in if you want to.

Nimomunz
02-13-2005, 12:07 AM
Isnt true love knows no gender the slogan for advocates for same sex marriage? :confused:

Golfnduck
02-13-2005, 12:35 AM
:shrug: I don't think so

bad gambler
02-13-2005, 12:43 AM
Isnt true love knows no gender the slogan for advocates for same sex marriage? :confused:

yeah that was my understanding..that's whay i was wndering what was going on when everyone had that on thie avatars!

*Viva Chile*
02-13-2005, 01:57 AM
yeah that was my understanding..that's whay i was wndering what was going on when everyone had that on thie avatars!

Nooooo :lol: It's only a joke. ;)

bad gambler
02-13-2005, 01:59 AM
LOL as i found out today

Daniel
03-05-2005, 07:28 AM

i like it :yeah:

Saumon
03-05-2005, 12:29 PM
do you like mine?

kiro
04-05-2005, 03:24 AM
Just for fun...

http://www.jcfocus.com/temp/tlkng/tlkng001.gif http://www.jcfocus.com/temp/tlkng/tlkng002.gif http://www.jcfocus.com/temp/tlkng/tlkng003.gif http://www.jcfocus.com/temp/tlkng/tlkng004.gif http://www.jcfocus.com/temp/tlkng/tlkng005.gif http://www.jcfocus.com/temp/tlkng/tlkng006.gif http://www.jcfocus.com/temp/tlkng/tlkng007.gif http://www.jcfocus.com/temp/tlkng/tlkng008.gif http://www.jcfocus.com/temp/tlkng/tlkng009.gif http://www.jcfocus.com/temp/tlkng/tlkng010.gif http://www.jcfocus.com/temp/tlkng/tlkng011.gif http://www.jcfocus.com/temp/tlkng/tlkng012.gif

djork
04-05-2005, 08:41 AM
I would occasionally spot these avatars and always made me laugh, thanks for posting guys :worship:

I actually remember an Ancic/Ljubo one that always cracked me up... anyone know where to find it?

Becarina
04-05-2005, 09:06 AM
thats hot- ph :rolleyes:

misyou25
04-05-2005, 10:00 AM
thanks...tim and lleyton: incredible:D