Do you think this Board would please Players or their families and loved ones? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Do you think this Board would please Players or their families and loved ones?

FrogBurger
02-03-2005, 08:03 AM
klj

Ferrero Forever
02-03-2005, 08:04 AM
it depends what player we're talking about. I think for Ferrero all except for the banging Maria Sharapova thread would be good, but take someone like Roddick or Hewitt, mabye not.

FrogBurger
02-03-2005, 08:06 AM
right we got ferrero banging masha, we got Hewitts What is he keeping in his pants, we got Henman has bad teeth... im sure i missed some..

FrogBurger
02-03-2005, 08:15 AM
:;

robinhood
02-03-2005, 08:27 AM
Just by the fact that the tennis fans around the world are talking about them 24/7, they should be flattered. If Henman read the thread about his teeth, who knows? he might finally look in the mirror and see the true color!

~EMiLiTA~
02-03-2005, 09:39 AM
haha I think they'd probably be more amused than anything. It's not like they wouldn't know ppl are going to be saying negative things and gossiping about them...that's part of them being famous. If they choose to read it, then that's their problem. I would like to know if any of them come on here though lol

bad gambler
02-03-2005, 09:41 AM
LOL they wouldn't give a rats arse about what we think

most of it bollocks anyway!

I♥PsY@Mus!c
02-03-2005, 09:49 AM
Sometimes I think it quite displeases players and their relatives when some guys laugh at their defeat or gossip too much. :smoke:

TheMightyFed
02-03-2005, 09:50 AM
I'm sure some of them read it sometimes and they even laugh, there's a lot of humour and that's good.
The bashing over Roddick is a bit tough as I think he's a good guy, with a lot of humour himself (see his post match speeches and conferences).
Hewitt exposes himself a lot and deserves a bunch of ironic jokes.
I should go to the WTA forum, Sharapova but above all Serena must have hard times there... ;)

~EMiLiTA~
02-03-2005, 09:53 AM
I'm sure some of them read it sometimes and they even laugh, there's a lot of humour and that's good.
The bashing over Roddick is a bit tough as I think he's a good guy, with a lot of humour himself (see his post match speeches and conferences).
Hewitt exposes himself a lot and deserves a bunch of ironic jokes.

haha I agree

Rogiman
02-03-2005, 10:00 AM
it depends what player we're talking about. I think for Ferrero all except for the banging Maria Sharapova thread would be good .

Sorry to say, banging masha might have been the highlight of JC's last 12 months... :o

TheMightyFed
02-03-2005, 10:02 AM
Sorry to say, banging masha might have been the highlight of JC's last 12 months... :o
By the way did he really bang her ? Otherwise there's nothing left for JC... :devil:

Rogiman
02-03-2005, 10:05 AM
By the way did he really bang her ? Otherwise there's nothing left for JC... :devil:

So true... :devil:

Kristen
02-03-2005, 10:17 AM
LOL they wouldn't give a rats arse about what we think

most of it bollocks anyway!

I chose 'no', but definitely agree with this comment. I think they'd know to take what is said here, with a grain of salt... and to remember that a lot of people here are talk out of their ass.

FrogBurger
02-03-2005, 10:28 AM
Im trying to delete the thread but it wont let me.

Yasmine
02-03-2005, 10:39 AM
It depends what they look at really, if they come to GM then i think they won't like it not because of what is said about them but the kind of discussions going on here. If they go on their forum then they will! I'm speaking for my fave here, since I can't really judge what's happening on other player's forums ;)

TheMightyFed
02-03-2005, 10:45 AM
Im trying to delete the thread but it wont let me.
Why ? I'm sure you'll get a lot of answers... I'd love a player to answer the question, anyone knows a pro and could show him the board ? Thanks... ;)

Kristen
02-03-2005, 10:56 AM
Why ? I'm sure you'll get a lot of answers... I'd love a player to answer the question, anyone knows a pro and could show him the board ? Thanks... ;)

:lol: Well... pimpim has the URL to get to his threads :haha:
Kom igen pimsters ;)

Jackie
02-03-2005, 11:15 AM
Some threads would piss them off, others would make them proud...but let's be serious. It's no worse than the gossip that is printed about them in magazines. At least we don't try to present ourselves as experts [despite many of us knowing much more about tennis than most journalists]. I'm sure they would know that these boards are just a bunch of people with too much time on their hands gossiping about bullshit

FrogBurger
02-03-2005, 12:20 PM
Some threads would piss them off, others would make them proud...but let's be serious. It's no worse than the gossip that is printed about them in magazines. At least we don't try to present ourselves as experts [despite many of us knowing much more about tennis than most journalists]. I'm sure they would know that these boards are just a bunch of people with too much time on their hands gossiping about bullshit

I think the gossip printed about them is worse than threads that directly talk about a players penis size, etc, digging in their pants, and other strange and irrelevant things that have nothing to do with their tennis games.

Leena
02-03-2005, 03:59 PM
I think players would care more than you think...

On the women's board, we had a junior Aussie player spreading rumors about other players... and the mother of one the players read about it, and hilarity ensued.

I'm sure if Andy read this board... he'd get a laugh out of it. Because the majority here are pathetic losers. I'd love if one of them talked like that to Big Andy's face. :)

SwissMister1
02-03-2005, 04:05 PM
Sure, people talking about tennis spurs interest in the game. Interest = more people buying tickets. More people buying tickets = more prize money. If people want to go because they want to see if the players are really nailing each other in the locker room, or to get an upclose look at someone's package, I don't think the players will mind because eventually, the money goes to them.

adeegee
02-03-2005, 04:06 PM
i'm sure andy would rather he wasn't being made out to be the new hitler (the real one not georgew) but he'd probably also find it quite funny. loved ones of roger would probably enjoy reading some of the stuff written about him seeing as he's made out to be god

alfonsojose
02-03-2005, 04:20 PM
If the Schuettlers would read my posts .. :scared: :bolt:

Neely
02-03-2005, 04:21 PM
if they read it, the answer for some players' "families and loved ones" would be most likely "no", just too much continuous bashing going on by some people; and I guess nobody of us would like to read that about ourselves... :shrug:

Rogiman
02-03-2005, 04:21 PM

:lol:

buzzy
02-03-2005, 05:04 PM
I would bet that many of the players' families read these boards and probably a lot of the players themselves. Knowing these sites are out there, simple curiosity would get them to read eventually.
As to how they would feel about the posts... a lot of the stuff is fans gushing flattery which they would love. Most of the rest is inane or laughably stupid; and they would laugh just as hard as we do. However, there are a few threads that would certainly make them wish they had said or done something a little differently. Which would be a good thing if some players saw their actions from another viewpoint. And I don't think they'd be bothered at all by the random "I hate so and so" threads because Hey, that's life! :shrug:

tangerine_dream
02-03-2005, 05:07 PM
I'm sure if Andy read this board... he'd get a laugh out of it. Because the majority here are pathetic losers. I'd love if one of them talked like that to Big Andy's face. :)

There was an article posted a while back about Andy Googling himself. He said, quote, "If someone's being an ass to me, I want to know about it." :lol:

But he meant that about what other players were saying about him, not what the fans (or anti-fans) are saying about him. Heh. :toothy:

Leena
02-03-2005, 05:09 PM
Hehe. :)

Good attitude for Andy to have. :)

Corey Feldman
02-03-2005, 05:13 PM
I wonder if Andy knows everyone calls him "duck" :p

alfonsojose
02-03-2005, 05:19 PM
I wonder if Andy knows everyone calls him "duck" :p
Maybe Hewitt believes he's the "snake" 'coz of that dumb gesture. But Potato ... :lol:

Mrs. B
02-03-2005, 05:24 PM
if Roger found out he was revered here by some, he'd hold Mass at mtf on Sundays! :lol:

tennischick
02-04-2005, 01:31 AM
there are bottomfeeders galore who would kill for the honor of being mentioned here, however negatively.

and for top every player who gets bashed in GM, there is a forum in which posters sing his praises to the hilt. in the end it all balances out IMO. but only an insane fan will miss the obviousness of this truth. :o

MisterQ
02-04-2005, 01:40 AM

They would have a good cry, and then Rainer would book a flight to Bogotá. ;)

Jackie
02-04-2005, 01:59 AM
I think players would care more than you think...

On the women's board, we had a junior Aussie player spreading rumors about other players... and the mother of one the players read about it, and hilarity ensued.

LMAO. I missed the junior player thing. Who was it? What happened?...and yes, I agree that Andy would probably see the funny side of this board. The American Express ad and his on-court behaviour show that he is able to take the piss out of himself

Leena
02-04-2005, 03:05 AM
LMAO. I missed the junior player thing. Who was it? What happened?...and yes, I agree that Andy would probably see the funny side of this board. The American Express ad and his on-court behaviour show that he is able to take the piss out of himself
We're not supposed to talk about it...

But, it's WTAWorld, so they can kiss my cute hiney.

Dubravka CUPAC (AUS), an Aussie junior player, made some remarks about how some other junior players were lesbians. Then, one of the player's mothers read this and was furious, and supposedly threatened to sue. Dubz freaked out then, asking that all her posts and her name be deleted from the board. The end.

Leena
02-04-2005, 03:07 AM
there are bottomfeeders galore who would kill for the honor of being mentioned here, however negatively.

and for top every player who gets bashed in GM, there is a forum in which posters sing his praises to the hilt. in the end it all balances out IMO. but only an insane fan will miss the obviousness of this truth. :o
I don't think that's true.

I believe people have told Nancy LOEFFLER-CARO (CAN) and Anzela ZGUNA (LAT) about their fame at WTAWorld... and they didn't care.

Pea
02-04-2005, 03:53 AM
They would love it.

Fee
02-04-2005, 03:58 AM
I have no idea how the players would feel, but I can tell you I was pretty unnerved when one of JanMike's cousins posted on my messageboard, then JanMike went and read the post a few weeks later. Makes me wonder if he's read the board and not told me about it (some of us would be in a little bit of trouble... :devil: )

Prizeidiot
02-04-2005, 05:40 AM
Probably not... I mean they would be used to the attention, but that doesn't completely soften the blow of people saying they can't play or they're bad people or whatever. I mean, it probably wouldn't cut them deep, but it'd still be annoying

Jackie
02-04-2005, 12:05 PM
We're not supposed to talk about it...

But, it's WTAWorld, so they can kiss my cute hiney.

Dubravka CUPAC (AUS), an Aussie junior player, made some remarks about how some other junior players were lesbians. Then, one of the player's mothers read this and was furious, and supposedly threatened to sue. Dubz freaked out then, asking that all her posts and her name be deleted from the board. The end.

Thanks Leena. I would good rep. you for that, but the board won't let me...LOL. She is 18 years old and the 90th ranked Australian junior. Well if she was trying to create publicity for herself, it worked because I now know who she is

FrogBurger
02-04-2005, 12:28 PM
ill try not to be soooooooooooooooooooo sensitive.