Are There No Dentists In England That Can Help Henman? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Are There No Dentists In England That Can Help Henman?

victory1
02-03-2005, 05:21 AM
With Tim being such a huge star in England, do you guys know why his teeth are so messed up. I mean you think someone would tie down "our Tim" and drive him to the dentist? Sorry, "Enquiring minds wants to know!!" :p

jole
02-03-2005, 05:23 AM
He either is happy with everything else and doesn't care, doesn't want to deal with veneers and the procedure, or doesn't want braces!

victory1
02-03-2005, 05:24 AM
He either is happy with everything else and doesn't care, doesn't want to deal with veneers and the procedure, or doesn't want braces!

But they're also YELLOW!! I'm ok with the mess up teeth, but why yellow, why not off white if he can't do white? :eek:

jole
02-03-2005, 05:26 AM
Hmm, true. Forgetting the crookedness, they are still a very ghastly color. All I can think of is that he truly does not care about it, otherwise the simple procedure would have been done years ago.

jmgsdoubsprtnr
02-03-2005, 05:35 AM
it's the Brits and their tea. k, only people from US responded in here, we go to the dentist regularly, but i'm not sure about people from england... there are a lot of jokes about Brits and their teeth.

robinhood
02-03-2005, 05:41 AM
There must not be any dentist in England that can help Tim.

victory1
02-03-2005, 05:42 AM
it's the Brits and their tea. k, only people from US responded in here, we go to the dentist regularly, but i'm not sure about people from england... there are a lot of jokes about Brits and their teeth.

I just went on a splurge, bought a 50 inch High Definition Plasma TV, and he just came on the Tennis Channel. His teeth are REALLY yellow, my 32 inch regular did not do them justice. I was shock. It must be normal in England, because if my teeth where that color, someone (family, friends, co-workers etc..) would have suggest a dentist.

robinhood
02-03-2005, 05:45 AM
Haven't you heard? Tim made a pact with himself that he will not whiten his teeth until he wins Wimbledon.

tennischick
02-03-2005, 05:45 AM
is this a poll too or is it safe to respond? :p

i think his teeth give him character :o

victory1
02-03-2005, 05:47 AM
Haven't you heard? Tim made a pact with himself that he will not whiten his teeth until he wins Wimbledon.

Then he'll die with them yellow! :o :D

Leena
02-03-2005, 06:14 AM
I don't think Brits can fix them, since they all have awful teeth.

TennisLurker
02-03-2005, 06:20 AM
In Poland dentists are cheap, Argentina too, we have good ones!

Leena
02-03-2005, 06:24 AM
Russia must not have good ones. All Russians have bad teeth. Except me.

TennisLurker
02-03-2005, 06:25 AM
They dont put fluor in the water in russia I think

Jackie
02-03-2005, 06:36 AM
Even if he doesn't want dentist work done, there are whitening toothpastes...or does he not clean his teeth?

jmgsdoubsprtnr
02-03-2005, 06:36 AM
Marat Safin has perfect teeth.

robinhood
02-03-2005, 06:38 AM
Does Tim smoke?

*Ljubica*
02-03-2005, 06:39 AM
LOL - well I'm English and I go to the Dentists every 6 months for a regular check-up - but I certainly wouldn't consider spending thousands on something purely cosmetic that didn't affect my health -so maybe Tim feels the same? In my opinion, dentists are there for fillings, tooth extractions, regular cleaning and to stop pain - not to make me look like some walking advertisement for expensive tooth whitener. Personally I've never noticed Tim's teeth til everyone here went on about them - having false looking, sparkling white teeth just can't be that important to him (or me come to that!). And in answer to an earlier question - yes - I think Tim smokes a little but you would need to smoke about 40 a day to make your teeth yellow - so it would have no bearing on it.

niko
02-03-2005, 06:43 AM
How do we know? :)

TennisLurker
02-03-2005, 06:45 AM
I have the Moya problem

niko
02-03-2005, 06:46 AM
Who we? :)

jmgsdoubsprtnr
02-03-2005, 06:46 AM
How do we know? :)
look at her avatar. that's a pretty good sign that she has perfect teeth, i think.

MissMoJo
02-03-2005, 06:47 AM
Lleyton yells and screams, Roddick has his serve, Agassi has legend status......Tim needs those teeth.

niko
02-03-2005, 06:49 AM
With Tim being such a huge star in England, do you guys know why his teeth are so messed up. I mean you think someone would tie down "our Tim" and drive him to the dentist? Sorry, "Enquiring minds wants to know!!" :p
Nobody is perfect! :)

niko
02-03-2005, 06:50 AM
look at her avatar. that's a pretty good sign that she has perfect teeth, i think.
I'm just kidding her! :)

victory1
02-03-2005, 06:51 AM
Lleyton yells and screams, Roddick has his serve, Agassi has legend status......Tim needs those teeth.

Well the 1st 3 are slam winners, so they must be doing something right, but Tim no slam, so he can afford to part with the yellow teeth. They're not serving him any purpose. :D

jmgsdoubsprtnr
02-03-2005, 06:52 AM
ah, i see. :o

John.Charles
02-03-2005, 06:56 AM
I don't think Brits can fix them, since they all have awful teeth.

We should nominate Tim to be enlisted in The Book of British Smiles :D

MissMoJo
02-03-2005, 07:00 AM
Well the 1st 3 are slam winners, so they must be doing something right, but Tim no slam, so he can afford to part with the yellow teeth. They're not serving him any purpose. :D

If he smiled more on court, i'm sure he'd have one by now. Those things are bound to throw a couple of opponents off.

niko
02-03-2005, 07:02 AM
LOL - well I'm English and I go to the Dentists every 6 months for a regular check-up - but I certainly wouldn't consider spending thousands on something purely cosmetic that didn't affect my health -so maybe Tim feels the same? In my opinion, dentists are there for fillings, tooth extractions, regular cleaning and to stop pain - not to make me look like some walking advertisement for expensive tooth whitener. Personally I've never noticed Tim's teeth til everyone here went on about them - having false looking, sparkling white teeth just can't be that important to him (or me come to that!). And in answer to an earlier question - yes - I think Tim smokes a little but you would need to smoke about 40 a day to make your teeth yellow - so it would have no bearing on it.
A great quote, love it ( I'm not making browny noses) :)

victory1
02-03-2005, 07:03 AM
If he smiled more on court, i'm sure he'd have one by now. Those things are bound to throw a couple of opponents off.

:rolls: :rolls: :rolls:

motasek
02-03-2005, 07:19 AM
His teeth must be his natural weapon. All he does is smile and some of the guys may just faint from the look or from the smell: not too many of them have a slightest chance at the net close to Tim. But seriously, there must be something (sorry all Brits!!!) about British teeth, some genetical failure or else. Most of them have pretty messy teeth - usually pushed to the front and not in line. I used to have a theory that it was the "th" pronouncing fault. But the Americans, Canadians, Aussies, Kiwis don't seem to have that problem, so right now I have no clue. Someone should research that seriously. :)

Iheartandy&roger
02-03-2005, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by missmojo:
If he smiled more on court, i'm sure he'd have one by now. Those things are bound to throw a couple of opponents off. Lmfao too true!!!! :D :sobbing:

marilag
02-03-2005, 08:36 AM
there must be something (sorry all Brits!!!) about British teeth, some genetical failure or else. Most of them have pretty messy teeth - usually pushed to the front and not in line.

Probably the stiff upper lip.

Keeps the teeth from growing out properly. ;)

Mrs. B
02-03-2005, 08:59 AM
funny thread! :lol:

...Lucy doesn't seem to mind, though.

robinhood
02-03-2005, 09:06 AM
WHAT A LOSER AND WHAT A LOSER THREAD! STFU, im surprised people even respond to this dribble and id like to bad rep all of you that do. If you wont go out with Tim because he has bad teeth, fine, but why start a thread about it...? :devil:

No need to get feisty, though.

jtipson
02-03-2005, 09:56 AM

Fortunately Brits aren't obsessed with teeth as Americans seem to be. At least our smiles aren't all the same :)

jtipson
02-03-2005, 10:01 AM
His teeth must be his natural weapon. All he does is smile and some of the guys may just faint from the look or from the smell: not too many of them have a slightest chance at the net close to Tim. But seriously, there must be something (sorry all Brits!!!) about British teeth, some genetical failure or else. Most of them have pretty messy teeth - usually pushed to the front and not in line. I used to have a theory that it was the "th" pronouncing fault. But the Americans, Canadians, Aussies, Kiwis don't seem to have that problem, so right now I have no clue. Someone should research that seriously. :)
You can't know very many Brits then. I find this quite offensive, actually.

*Ljubica*
02-03-2005, 10:42 AM
Fortunately Brits aren't obsessed with teeth as Americans seem to be. At least our smiles aren't all the same :)

:worship: :worship: Couldn't agree more. As I said earlier I don't want to spend thousands on looking like some tacky dental practice advert :)

motasek
02-03-2005, 11:19 AM
You can't know very many Brits then. I find this quite offensive, actually.

First of all, I do know many Brits. And frankly, I don't care whether they or anybody else has non-american teeth. In fact, my wife has white, but Tim-like teeth. I live in a country (Poland), whose people have been laughed at all around Europe, especially in Britain, for years and for many reasons and I don't find it offensive, Jtipson. "Polish jokes" are quite common, aren't they? But the thread is as any other thread. And people just love to laugh and tease. For me the question is how you cope with others laughing at you. And me, I don't mind, as well as I guess Tim doesn't. Otherwise his life would be ruined by all those journalist's stupid questions and articles.
So, once again, please don't find it offensive. Let us drag about his teeth untill it naturally passes away just like it should. Some of us even pointed to the all-american tooth fashion and, who knows, that might be another thread.
When asked about Rogers looks, my wife said he looks like Quentin Tarantino = ugly for her. Another thread!! :)
C'mon, let's not be so polite!!!
And simply, sorry Jtipson if I pushed too far for you. :)

jtipson
02-03-2005, 12:14 PM
And simply, sorry Jtipson if I pushed too far for you. :)

Yes, you did rather, when you said that bad teeth was a British genetic "failure". No problem with teasing particular people (although it's rather petty), or telling jokes, but frankly that smacked of racism than humour. Of course it is notoriously difficult to interpret these things in a written medium, and so maybe I was wrong, and you meant it in a very light way. Apology accepted :)

motasek
02-03-2005, 12:46 PM
Oh, that one... Don't worry, I am not a racist. We had one back here some 60 years ago so you know.... Thanks for reply anyway. :)

Socket
02-03-2005, 02:24 PM
You know who has truly ghastly teeth? James Blake's mother (who is English, BTW). When I saw her smile during the match against Hewitt, I almost fell off my chair. James, please do your mother a favor, send her to a dentist, and offer to pay the bill.

Sjengster
02-03-2005, 04:06 PM
My mistake, I thought I was on MTF when in actual fact I've stumbled into BOF (British Orthodontists' Forums).

The Great British Tooth Myth is an enduring mystery to me, I have no idea why foreigners seem to associate British people with shoddy dental work. The availability of dentists in this country is certainly limited compared to others, 'tis an ongoing problem, but I cannot see any excessive negative effect in the mouths of the population, not that I've been looking down too many of them recently.

Anyway, the question is a legitimate one. Correcting that overbite is obviously essential for Henman to ever win Wimbledon or indeed to ever be taken seriously in either his professional or personal life. Evidently, Gap-Tooth Moya and Roger "Manatee" Federer do not fall into the same category, since they have strangely managed to win Slams with below-average teeth. But I have no doubt that in future, when people say they are "rooting" for Tim, I will interpret that phrase in a new, dentally-minded way...

joeb_uk
02-03-2005, 04:13 PM
Alot of the time, the people with those stupidly white teeth are the people who have problems with their teeth. And anyway unless you are a flycatcher people dont tend to usually notice.

joeb_uk
02-03-2005, 04:14 PM
:worship: :worship: Couldn't agree more. As I said earlier I don't want to spend thousands on looking like some tacky dental practice advert :)
I care more about getting a spot than having white teeth :yeah:

TaTaaa
02-03-2005, 04:31 PM
:lol: just love this thread!!!! :)

adeegee
02-03-2005, 04:44 PM
come on not all brits have bad teeth! i think taylor dents getting off very lightly by not being mentioned yet...mind you, if you wanna back up your argument you should see the guy that won celebrity big brother in britain, guy called bez from the band happy mondays
http://bigbrother.channel4.com/bigbrother/housemates/housemate_news.jsp?id=6

Denaon
02-03-2005, 04:48 PM
:haha: u are all so mean!

buzzy
02-03-2005, 06:37 PM
:haha: u are all so mean!

No, I'm sure they are all trying to be helpful. :angel:
In support of that, I have a suggestion.
Anyone wishing to help Tim improve his smile, please send him a box of Crest Whitestrips (since they must not sell them in England).
Just mail them to: Tim Henman
c/o The All England Lawn Tennis And Croquet Club
Wimbleton
England

:D

Lee
02-03-2005, 08:50 PM
The Americans' obsession of perfect white teeth is a real mystery to me. As long as Tim's teeth are healthy, why he needs the cosmetic fix?

I have a friend whose dentist broke her nose when fixing her jaw so she would have a perfect smile and after more than 10 years, she still has problem breathing.