When RODDICK wins San Jose and Memphis... [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

When RODDICK wins San Jose and Memphis...

Leena
02-03-2005, 01:41 AM
...and regains the #2 ranking, do you think it's fair?

Will Roddick be a legit #2?

Discuss.

Sosa
02-03-2005, 01:43 AM
for sure. but I hate Marat being Nr. 4!!!

aceit
02-03-2005, 01:47 AM
I love your threads. :lol:

undomiele
02-03-2005, 01:47 AM
Leena, there'll be people who'll never like Roddick, no matter what he does. "Legit" or not. Get over it.

iluvcandy227
02-03-2005, 01:50 AM
yea some people will never like roddick cuz their to jealous of him because they dont have half the talent he does

Scotso
02-03-2005, 01:50 AM
Are there other top 100 players there this year?

Leena
02-03-2005, 01:56 AM
Are there other top 100 players there this year?
None that will beat Andy.

Leena
02-03-2005, 01:57 AM
Leena, there'll be people who'll never like Roddick, no matter what he does. "Legit" or not. Get over it.
I'm only trying to initiate tennis conversation about the hottest player in the men's game today.

Scotso
02-03-2005, 01:59 AM
When Andy actually shows that he can beat top players consistantly rather than just beat lots of lower ranked players, he will deserve to be up there among them.

aceit
02-03-2005, 02:05 AM
Deserve it or not he's there.

Domino
02-03-2005, 02:05 AM
Haas will beat him in both tournaments, this thread makes an assumption that is unlikely to happen.

undomiele
02-03-2005, 02:08 AM
I'm only trying to initiate tennis conversation about the hottest player in the men's game today.

Oh so youre not just a little bit bitter that there are tons of ppl in GM who "dislike" Roddick? Riggggghhht.

iluvcandy227
02-03-2005, 02:09 AM
who ever doesnt like roddick is just jealous of his looks and talent

Pea
02-03-2005, 02:09 AM
When RODDICK wins San Jose and Memphis...

Will you wake up?

JeNn
02-03-2005, 02:15 AM
When Andy actually shows that he can beat top players consistantly rather than just beat lots of lower ranked players, he will deserve to be up there among them.

He has a pretty good record against Safin, the world #2 elect, in the past 12 months though. What is it? 3-0 in the last 12 months. In the same time he's 1-2 against Hewitt. So that's a 4-2 combined record against he's two challengers for #2. He's record against Roger is apalling but then again Hewitt's is probably worse, and Safin's is redeemed only by his AO performance.
I'm a huge fan of Lleyt and Marat and not so of Andrew, but Andy's sub par form since the USO doesn't necessarily mean he is not up there with them.

carrotyoung
02-03-2005, 02:17 AM
I'm a Roddick fan, but he doesn't deserve No. 2 or even No. 3. He isn't capable of beating Safin or Hewitt. He needs to step up his game. The only wins he pick up are the Jurgen Melzers of the world. If Johansson is playing either San Jose or Memphis, he'll win one of those tournaments. Hes going to be in the top 5 by the end of the year. and unfortunately, Andy won't be.

iluvcandy227
02-03-2005, 02:18 AM
I'm a Roddick fan, but he doesn't deserve No. 2 or even No. 3. He isn't capable of beating Safin or Hewitt. He needs to step up his game. The only wins he pick up are the Jurgen Melzers of the world. If Johansson is playing either San Jose or Memphis, he'll win one of those tournaments. Hes going to be in the top 5 by the end of the year. and unfortunately, Andy won't be.

ur not a true roddick fan

Becarina
02-03-2005, 02:19 AM
I think he will do great this year and maybe regain #1...who knows...we are not psychics. ;)

JeNn
02-03-2005, 02:19 AM
I'm a Roddick fan, but he doesn't deserve No. 2 or even No. 3. He isn't capable of beating Safin or Hewitt.

Considering as he beat Safin the last 3 times they played, twice when Marat was in his best form, this statement seems a bit silly.

aceit
02-03-2005, 02:23 AM
Is it only me who dislikes when people say that someone dosen't deserve to be where they are? Unless they cheated (which is impossible excluding steroids and that stuff), where the player is at the present time is where they deserve to be. Sure, a player can be ranked lower and always win against a higher ranked player, but that dosen't mean that they should be ranked higher. They have to learn ways and find tournaments that they can win or do well in to raise their ranking. Blah, sorry for the rant.

carrotyoung
02-03-2005, 02:32 AM
i guess i may have been wrong about safin but he certainly isn't better than hewitt...at the moment. He could very well regain that no. 2 spot for all i know. I think hes got a decent shot at Wimby. And we know what he can do at Flushing.

robinhood
02-03-2005, 02:34 AM
Going back to the original question,
I think even if Roddick regains #2 ranking by winning those two tournaments, he will have to really prove it in the big stages.
He lost to Marat in AO 04, lost to Fed in Wimby 04, flopped against Johansson in USO 04, lost the DC final matches, lost to Hewitt in Houston and AO 05, lost to Agassi in Cincy 04, and lost two other finals to Fed last year. The only big title he's won the past year is Miami Masters, I think, where Coria retired after winning the first set.

Not to suggest that Roddick did nothing at all in mathes that matter the most, but I believe that for Roddick to validate his status as one of the elite players, he's got to perform better in GSs and Masters against the very top players this year.

carrotyoung
02-03-2005, 02:37 AM
How he performs at Roland Garros could very well make or break his season. His clay court game needs improvement and he knows that. If he can make it to the quarters there, i think that would be something to build upon for wimbledon, where he should the favorite to face federer in a final.

Golfnduck
02-03-2005, 02:39 AM
Where have you been lately? He's 3-0 against Marat since AO last year. Hewitt and Federer cause him problems, and he mentally gets distraught. He just needs to pick it up.

carrotyoung
02-03-2005, 02:44 AM
thats already been pointed out. sorry.

vogus
02-03-2005, 02:49 AM
you have to understand the economics that drives these smaller tournies (Memphis, San Jose, L.A., Houston, Washington) in the U.S. They pay Roddick (like Sampras and Agassi before him) an absolute shitload of money, like three or four hundred thousand dollars, just to show up. Roddick being the kind of guy he is, doesn't want to rip off the organizers and the fans, so he dutifully beats the crap out of all his 140th ranked opponents and wins the title, or at least gets to the final where he might face a Top 20 opponent.

These tournies are basically challengers, except with a couple of bankrolled star players thrown in.

robinhood
02-03-2005, 02:49 AM
Considering as he beat Safin the last 3 times they played, twice when Marat was in his best form, this statement seems a bit silly.

I wouldn't say Safin was in his absolute best when he lost to Roddick in Bangkok and Houston, because otherwise I think he would've won. We've just witnessed what Safin's capable of achieving when he IS at his best. Not to discredit Roddick's effort, but both of those two matches were decided in tiebreaks. All 5 sets of them. Weren't they? So they were very closely contested.
As anxiously as I am waiting for Fed-Safin rematch, I am very curious how Roddick and Safin would match up next time they play.

Leena
02-03-2005, 02:50 AM
Will you wake up?
Who else is going to win?

San Jose will be tough with Haas and Agassi... but I'd consider Andy the slight favorite over Andre on a fast indoor surface.

Memphis is a joke this year.

Leena
02-03-2005, 02:51 AM
you have to understand the economics that drives these smaller tournies (Memphis, San Jose, L.A., Houston, Washington) in the U.S. They pay Roddick (like Sampras and Agassi before him) an absolute shitload of money, like three or four hundred thousand dollars, just to show up. Roddick being the kind of guy he is, doesn't want to rip off the organizers and the fans, so he dutifully beats the crap out of all his 140th ranked opponents and wins the title, or at least gets to the final where he might face a Top 20 opponent.

These tournies are basically challengers, except with a couple of bankrolled star players thrown in.
I prefer to believe that Andy has a strong love for American tennis, and wishes to play over here.

JeNn
02-03-2005, 02:54 AM
I think even if Roddick regains #2 ranking by winning those two tournaments, he will have to really prove it in the big stages.
He lost to Marat in AO 04, lost to Fed in Wimby 04, flopped against Johansson in USO 04, lost the DC final matches, lost to Hewitt in Houston and AO 05, lost to Agassi in Cincy 04, and lost two other finals to Fed last year. The only big title he's won the past year is Miami Masters, I think, where Coria retired after winning the first set.

Not to suggest that Roddick did nothing at all in mathes that matter the most, but I believe that for Roddick to validate his status as one of the elite players, he's got to perform better in GSs and Masters against the very top players this year.

I think Roddick's GS, masters record is clearly a top 4 player's record. I mean Final, Quarters, Semis, Semis at the last 3 GS and masters is pretty good. Safin's record in the same tourney's is 1st, 1st, Semis, Win. Hewitt's is Quarters, Final Final, Final. And let's not forget that Hewitt has won no big titles since Indian Wells '03. While Roddick is 4-2 against Safin and Hewitt in the last 12 months, Hewitt is only 3-3 against Safin and Roddick and Safin is 2-4 against Hewitt and Roddick with no wins against Roddick.

Yes Safin and Hewitt are playing better right at the moment, but I still don't think there is a hell of a lot between the three of them when you consider the 52 week picture. The rankings reflect that also.

JeNn
02-03-2005, 02:59 AM
I wouldn't say Safin was in his absolute best when he lost to Roddick in Bangkok and Houston, because otherwise I think he would've won. We've just witnessed what Safin's capable of achieving when he IS at his best. Not to discredit Roddick's effort, but both of those two matches were decided in tiebreaks. All 5 sets of them. Weren't they? So they were very closely contested.
As anxiously as I am waiting for Fed-Safin rematch, I am very curious how Roddick and Safin would match up next time they play.

I agree Safin at his best is better than Roddick at his best, but you have to say Safin was in excellent form before and after his losses to Roddick considering he won 3 tourney's over that period including 2 masters series and then played that Epic tiebreak with Fed. What I meant to illustrate was that the losses could not be put down the fact that Marat was in one of those slumping periods where he can lose to anybody.

vogus
02-03-2005, 03:02 AM
I prefer to believe that Andy has a strong love for American tennis, and wishes to play over here.

i didn't say he doesnt. On the contrary, he's never pulled an Agassi by tanking an early round match and laughing all the way to the bank with the appearance money. I like Andy because even though he's young, he has a real sense of responsibility for what it means to be a tennis star in this country. But according to the rules of the business, he gets paid a lot to play these tournies, thats just the way it works.

Leena
02-03-2005, 03:05 AM
Well, it's hard for Andy to really tank a match. He can just stand by the service line, swing his arm, not move and hold half the time.

Golfnduck
02-03-2005, 03:08 AM
I think Roddick's GS, masters record is clearly a top 4 player's record. I mean Final, Quarters, Semis, Semis at the last 3 GS and masters is pretty good. Safin's record in the same tourney's is 1st, 1st, Semis, Win. Hewitt's is Quarters, Final Final, Final. And let's not forget that Hewitt has won no big titles since Indian Wells '03. While Roddick is 4-2 against Safin and Hewitt in the last 12 months, Hewitt is only 3-3 against Safin and Roddick and Safin is 2-4 against Hewitt and Roddick with no wins against Roddick.

Yes Safin and Hewitt are playing better right at the moment, but I still don't think there is a hell of a lot between the three of them when you consider the 52 week picture. The rankings reflect that also.
Roddick, Hewitt, and Safin are all close right now. Andy has been very consistent in the majors even though he has bombed out lately. Safin is starting to pick up his game which is great to see. Hewitt is also starting to perform well again. I think it will come down to whoever can win the most big tournaments and de-throne Roger.

tennischick
02-03-2005, 03:22 AM
Roddick, Hewitt, and Safin are all close right now...
:lol: you're kidding right? :lol:

Golfnduck
02-03-2005, 03:27 AM
:lol: you're kidding right? :lol:
In the rankings, Andy's game isn't up with Safin's and Hewitt's. I was talking about the rankings.

tennischick
02-03-2005, 03:32 AM
In the rankings, Andy's game isn't up with Safin's and Hewitt's. I was talking about the rankings.
gotcha :yeah:

robinhood
02-03-2005, 03:32 AM
In terms of ranking points, there isn't much to separate Hewitt, Roddick and Safin at the moment. But Roddick started out last year as #1, but lost it to Fed and was dropped to a distant #2 the whole year. Now He's down to #3 with Safin right at his heels. So the concern here for Roddick would be not that he doesn't deserve his current ranking or #2 position in terms of 52 week picture, but that he seems to be regressing or as he himself put it "plateaued."

JeNn
02-03-2005, 03:42 AM
In terms of ranking points, there isn't much to separate Hewitt, Roddick and Safin at the moment. But Roddick started out last year as #1, but lost it to Fed and was dropped to a distant #2 the whole year. Now He's down to #3 with Safin right at his heels. So the concern here for Roddick would be not that he doesn't deserve his current ranking or #2 position in terms of 52 week picture, but that he seems to be regressing or as he himself put it "plateaued."

Agreed

Leena
02-03-2005, 03:43 AM
How is Andy's game not up there with Safin's?

Andy did beat him in Bangkok and Houston... and who's to say that if Andy played Marat in Melbourne, that he wouldn't have beat him?

Lleyton's had Andy's number lately... but on a fast court, I'd consider Andy the favorite.

Don't try talking with that fool.

wimbledonfan
02-03-2005, 03:47 AM
Andy has Marats number and Hewitt has andy's number and Federer has all their numbers . Sounds like one big orgy to me .

robinhood
02-03-2005, 03:54 AM
Andy has Marats number and Hewitt has andy's number and Federer has all their numbers . Sounds like one big orgy to me .

:haha:

robinhood
02-03-2005, 04:00 AM

Andy did beat him in Bangkok and Houston... and who's to say that if Andy played Marat in Melbourne, that he wouldn't have beat him?

Lleyton's had Andy's number lately... but on a fast court, I'd consider Andy the favorite.

Good point. But now that Marat's actually defeated Fed in such a high quality match, which Andy hasn't even come close to achieving in more than a year, it's really hard to imagine him beating Marat.

Leena
02-03-2005, 04:11 AM
Good point. But now that Marat's actually defeated Fed in such a high quality match, which Andy hasn't even come close to achieving in more than a year, it's really hard to imagine him beating Marat.
That's not the best comparison, though. Tennis is all about matchups. And Roger has the game to stop all of Andy's weapon(s). Marat can rush Roger every point when he's playing well.

robinhood
02-03-2005, 04:18 AM
That's not the best comparison, though. Tennis is all about matchups. And Roger has the game to stop all of Andy's weapon(s). Marat can rush Roger every point when he's playing well.

True. If indeed Andy does beat Marat the next time they play, it'll get very interesting, won't it? As wimbledonfan has said, Andy has Marat's #, Hewitt has Andy's #, Marat (possibly) has Hewitt's # now, and Fed has all of theirs. Fun! :D

foul_dwimmerlaik
02-03-2005, 07:17 AM
Well, if he wins and if he regains #2 position, then it's fair and he's deserving. Why is it even a quiestion?

Prizeidiot
02-03-2005, 07:18 AM
Umm... I think Andy is probably the fourth best player. He has the weapons, his results are consistent, but in the past 12 months, he has failed to beat the big players on the big occassions.

renee_chin
02-03-2005, 08:09 AM
Well, if he wins and if he regains #2 position, then it's fair and he's deserving. Why is it even a quiestion?

Wonderfully said....

You've said it - if he wins it - so, he earns it, and with that, he deserves the points he's gonna get....

You can argue that he beats lower ranked players to get to his position - well, Federer was beaten by lower ranked players in the handful of occassions that he was beaten last year... Be real - no matter where a player is ranked, YOU'VE STILL GOTTA OUT-PLAY HIM TO BEAT HIM! ;)

TheMightyFed
02-03-2005, 08:38 AM
Has Andrew really ever been number one in the world ? No, I must dream... :devil:
Mentally for him now, after Masters cup amd AO it's gonna be quite tough to play Hewitt and Safin, he was not at the level in semis both times. He has to watch out not to become the loser of the top 4 (which is not that bad with perspective)... kind of reincarnation of Gerulaitis, top 5 player at his time, but who famously said once, before a match against Borg : "Nobody beats Vitas Gerulaitis 17 times in a row" :drool:

Action Jackson
02-03-2005, 08:41 AM
Andrew was briefly number one and should remember his time there fondly, as it's a rare achievement for any player, as he won't be seeing that ranking on the Entry System in a hurry unless they rip up all the claycourts and change the meaning of the ATP to the American Tennis Professionals and only have tournaments played on hardcourt and only in America, then he'll make it there again.

TheMightyFed
02-03-2005, 08:49 AM
Andrew was briefly number one and should remember his time there fondly, as it's a rare achievement for any player, as he won't be seeing that ranking on the Entry System in a hurry unless they rip up all the claycourts and change the meaning of the ATP to the American Tennis Professionals and only have tournaments played on hardcourt and only in America, then he'll make it there again.
:haha: :haha:
You forgot to mention a Federer's heart attack would be required as well... because he could become an American citizen !!:worship:

robinhood
02-03-2005, 08:54 AM
You forgot to mention a Federer's heart attack would be required as well... because he could become an American citizen !!:worship:

That's hilarious. :D

Action Jackson
02-03-2005, 09:00 AM

The only advantage of Roger becoming an American citizen is that he won't have to do military service, then again what he'll actually do won't classify as service.

If he became American that would give Roddick a heart attack.

TheMightyFed
02-03-2005, 09:17 AM
The only advantage of Roger becoming an American citizen is that he won't have to do military service, then again what he'll actually do won't classify as service.

But at least Roger would be recognized in New-York streets !

Action Jackson
02-03-2005, 09:18 AM
But at least Roger would be recognized in New-York streets !

You think?

TheMightyFed
02-03-2005, 09:31 AM
You think?
Not sure but yes...
Will you celebrate in 20 posts, your 10000th one? It's insane :yeah:

jtipson
02-03-2005, 10:14 AM
...and regains the #2 ranking, do you think it's fair?

Discuss.

He can't regain the number two ranking by winning those two tournaments. He'd still be 5 points behind Hewitt.

robinhood
02-03-2005, 10:24 AM
He can't regain the number two ranking by winning those two tournaments. He'd still be 5 points behind Hewitt.

Even if Hewitt doesn't defend his Rotterdam title?

Action Jackson
02-03-2005, 10:27 AM

He better win all his events in the US for that to happen.

jtipson
02-03-2005, 10:33 AM
He better win all his events in the US for that to happen.

Yes, he would pretty much have to win everything before the clay season (and we know he's not likely to run riot there either). Hewitt on the other hand lost early in both the spring TMS last year, so only has to win a few matches to stay ahead.

Even if Hewitt doesn't defend his Rotterdam title?

The difference is currently 285 points. Hewitt loses 150 (6th result 100) by not playing Rotterdam; Roddick won San Jose last year so can't gain there; Andy can only gain 130 if he wins Memphis because his 5th best optional result is already 120. So Lleyton still ahead going into Indian Wells.

ftd999
02-03-2005, 11:53 AM
:...and regains the #2 ranking, do you think it's fair?

Discuss.

Leena, how do you figure Roddick as a legit number two? Hewitt has made the final of the last two slams and the masters event, getting through a ridiculous draw at AO05. Safin had a strong second half in 04 and won AO05. That alone puts Roddick at a legit number four since Safin's win should count for more than Roddick's drubbing at Wimbledon and his US loss. His recent results indicate to me that he is moving in the wrong direction. He has looked lost out on court the last few months. It seems like once his serve starts to go, he just doesn't have the confidence in the rest of his game.

Winning a couple of sub par events will do nothing to reestablish him at the top of the game, although it may help him with his confidence. He's going to need to take out a Federer, Safin, Hewitt, or even Agassi / Johansson at the end of a slam before he's a legit two again. Do you agree? We'll see what happens in Miami, but if he has problems there, you might have a long wait over the red clay season

Maybe he needs a girl to inspire him (a la Safin / Hewitt).

Rogiman
02-03-2005, 12:41 PM

Don't try talking with that fool.

The only fool here is you, a neurotic bitch pretending to be a big shot tennis player, spending half of your useless life posting rubbish in the internet.

Even if your favourite McDonald Duck wins San Jose, Memphis and Scottsdale titles ,completing the Micky-Mouse north-american tour en-route, he won't be a legit #2.

wimbledonfan
02-03-2005, 12:55 PM
Looks like Roddick is heading in the right direction . He finally realizes that with his serve he can dominate the sport if he was just a half decent volleyer . His volleying skills definitely have improved over the last year or so and I see him coming to the net more often which is an encouraging sign for better things to come . With his serve , I believe he can win a wimbledon some day and he would be a formidable opponent for all the top dogs if her could just serve and volley .

wimbledonfan
02-03-2005, 12:56 PM
* he

TheMightyFed
02-03-2005, 01:17 PM
The only fool here is you, a neurotic bitch pretending to be a big shot tennis player, spending half of your useless life posting rubbish in the internet.
Not very gentle Rogiman... :angel:

Rogiman
02-03-2005, 01:19 PM
Not very gentle Rogiman... :angel:

Neither was she, attacking tennischick who's much smarter than she'll ever be.

Chloe le Bopper
02-03-2005, 01:27 PM
yea some people will never like roddick cuz their to jealous of him because they dont have half the talent he does
Unlike the players that those people like, who they are just as talented as!

:retard:

Leena
02-03-2005, 03:02 PM
Neither was she, attacking tennischick who's much smarter than she'll ever be.

I didn't know smarts came from insulting Roddick and me in every post.

Leena
02-03-2005, 03:03 PM
Unlike the players that those people like, who they are just as talented as!

:retard:
You're as talented as Rafa! :)

tangerine_dream
02-03-2005, 03:43 PM
Re: When RODDICK wins San Jose and Memphis...
You're starting to sound like hitchhiker ;)

Adman
02-03-2005, 03:49 PM
Andy will regain his status as number 2 in the world.

Leena
02-03-2005, 04:27 PM
You're starting to sound like hitchhiker ;)
I hope that's a good thing. :p

Havok
02-03-2005, 06:15 PM

*coughs* And what was Lleyton's last big win, meaning TMS and above? Yep that's right, Indian Wells 2003! Oh, and he did better in the manditory events last year than both Safin and Hewitt, so he's capable of showing up at important events.

Ever since his shitty USO loss, he really hasn't been the #2 player in the world. I wouldn't even have given it to Hewitt, but rather Safin who won 2 TMS in a row and now to me Safin is the #2 with winning the AO and beating Federer, something Lleyton hasn't done in an actual atp match in a long time. #3 would be Andy since he actually has big event titles under his belt within the last 12 months. Lleyton is #4 until he can win the big ones because with him you have to go about 20 months behind for his last big tournament win.

Rogiman
02-03-2005, 06:21 PM
*coughs* And what was Lleyton's last big win, meaning TMS and above? Yep that's right, Indian Wells 2003! Oh, and he did better in the manditory events last year than both Safin and Hewitt, so he's capable of showing up at important events.

Lleyton is #4 until he can win the big ones because with him you have to go about 20 months behind for his last big tournament win.

Hewitt made it to a Grand Slam final twice in a row, plus another MC final, therefore he is the 2nd best player in the world right now.

Pea
02-03-2005, 06:33 PM

Even if your favourite McDonald Duck wins San Jose, Memphis and Scottsdale titles ,completing the Micky-Mouse north-american tour en-route, he won't be a legit #2.

Wait. Leena actually plays?:o

Rogiman
02-03-2005, 06:47 PM
Wait. Leena actually plays?:o

Based on how knowledgable she claims to be one could think Graf's slam-record will be a short-lived one.

Cervantes
02-03-2005, 06:50 PM
Yes, he would pretty much have to win everything before the clay season (and we know he's not likely to run riot there either). Hewitt on the other hand lost early in both the spring TMS last year, so only has to win a few matches to stay ahead.

The difference is currently 285 points. Hewitt loses 150 (6th result 100) by not playing Rotterdam; Roddick won San Jose last year so can't gain there; Andy can only gain 130 if he wins Memphis because his 5th best optional result is already 120. So Lleyton still ahead going into Indian Wells.

The ATP Ranking Master has spoken. Leena should do her homework better :)

On the whole ranking thing, you can look it up on www.atptennis.com. If a player is #2 in the world at a given time he deserves to be there. So if Roddick becomes #2 again (pretty unlikely until the clay season) he deserves to be #2!!

TheMightyFed
02-03-2005, 06:59 PM
[QUOTE So if Roddick becomes #2 again (pretty unlikely until the clay season) QUOTE]
...and pretty unlikely DURING the clay season !!!

blosson
02-03-2005, 07:19 PM

If Federer became American, then, Andy will be #2 [ in America] ;)

Cervantes
02-03-2005, 07:33 PM
...and pretty unlikely DURING the clay season !!!

Well, he doesn't have a lot of points to defend so winning a couple of rounds on one of the masters events would gain him some points. He might get lucky and get a few walkovers...

Leena
02-03-2005, 09:50 PM
The ATP Ranking Master has spoken. Leena should do her homework better :)

On the whole ranking thing, you can look it up on www.atptennis.com. If a player is #2 in the world at a given time he deserves to be there. So if Roddick becomes #2 again (pretty unlikely until the clay season) he deserves to be #2!!
Well, Hewitt plays too many Mickey Mouse tournies to boost his ranking.

Case closed.

robinhood
02-03-2005, 10:14 PM
Well, Hewitt plays too many Mickey Mouse tournies to boost his ranking.

Case closed.

Are you refering to last year's American hard court season when Hewitt didn't go to Athens but played in two smaller tournaments leading up to the US Open? Or has he done that his entire career? I read that Hewitt didn't want to play every week just to raise his ranking, which was a part of the reason why his ranking dropped so much in 2003.

Leena
02-03-2005, 10:15 PM
No, I'm just being a fangirl.

AgassiFan
02-03-2005, 10:51 PM
change the meaning of the ATP to the American Tennis Professionals and only have tournaments played on hardcourt and only in America, then he'll make it there again.

Would it be safe to assume that you're a huge admirer and loyal supporter of the United States of America and all things associated with that magnificent piece of land?

AgassiFan
02-03-2005, 10:57 PM

Don't freak out on us now, little man. Is this a way to treat a lady?

Rogiman
02-03-2005, 11:23 PM
Don't freak out on us now, little man. Is this a way to treat a lady?

Only when she insults my special lady! :angel:

Leena
02-03-2005, 11:51 PM
Only when she insults my special lady! :angel:
That's seriously disturbing.

Rogiman
02-03-2005, 11:52 PM
So I thought

Golfnduck
02-03-2005, 11:57 PM

This seems to be just as much of a Leena bashing thread as much as Andy bashing.

Leena
02-03-2005, 11:58 PM
This seems to be just as much of a Leena bashing thread as much as Andy bashing.
Yes. It's a shame.

Rogiman
02-03-2005, 11:59 PM

It wasn't meant to be either one.
You see what saying the wrong word at the wrong time could cause?

Golfnduck
02-04-2005, 12:25 AM
You see what saying the wrong word at the wrong time could cause?
You would know more about that than I would.

Rogiman
02-04-2005, 12:40 AM
You would know more about that than I would.

I guess my lousy English skills won't let me understand the subtleties in your comment, Ducklander, but I think I have made my message clear enough:
Stay away from my tennischick, not that she can't take care of her business by herself, but she has better things to do than arguing with a bunch of losers, and she would never allow herself to use such a vulgar language, because she wouldn't be excused for lack of english... :p

Leena
02-04-2005, 12:40 AM
I guess my lousy English skills won't let me understand the subtleties in your comment, Ducklander, but I think I have made my message clear enough:
Stay away from my tennischick, not that she can't take care of her business by herself, but she has better things to do than arguing with a bunch of losers, and she would never allow herself to use such a vulgar language, because she wouldn't be excused for lack of english... :p

Try using the search feature on your babe's posts concerning me.

Golfnduck
02-04-2005, 01:10 AM
I have no problems with tennischick, so I don't know where this is coming from. I was talking about you, but then I guess it flew right over your head, duckies tend to do that.

Action Jackson
02-04-2005, 01:37 AM
Would it be safe to assume that you're a huge admirer and loyal supporter of the United States of America and all things associated with that magnificent piece of land?

Only certain aspects.

AgassiFan
02-04-2005, 02:09 AM
Only certain aspects.

Such as?

Action Jackson
02-04-2005, 02:17 AM
Such as?

No need to go into it here.

If Federer became American, then, Andy will be #2 [ in America]

That would probably scare him even more than he is now when he plays Federer.

Leena
02-04-2005, 02:52 AM
If Roger was American, nobody would exist outside the Top 2 any longer.

Havok
02-04-2005, 03:00 AM
Hewitt made it to a Grand Slam final twice in a row, plus another MC final, therefore he is the 2nd best player in the world right now.
Winning is important, not making finals. And besides, look at how badly he lost in both his slam finals and the MC finals. Making finals is great, but the fact that he actualy won a big final way back in spring 03 says something to me.:) Mind you, once he wins a big title I'll consider him #3/#2.

Skyward
02-04-2005, 04:12 AM
And besides, look at how badly he lost in both his slam finals and the MC finals.

How he loses doesn't affect the amount of points he's getting for making finals.