Italian satellites and futures [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Italian satellites and futures

benlance
02-03-2005, 01:03 AM
Intending to play futures and satellites in Europe this year. Italy appears to be the best destination because of continuous tournaments, small and not full qualifying draws and a very safe and easy country to be in. The only disadvantage I can see is the cost of being there for several months.

Can anyone give me advice on this subject and tips on playing pro tennis in europe: better places to go, money saving tips, info on standards of different countries (as far as I know, Italy would be much easier to win matches in than Spain or France) etc....

Thanks a lot

azza
02-03-2005, 01:08 AM
Fly Emirates best way and cheaper way to go to europe :D

Horatio Caine
02-03-2005, 01:35 AM
Intending to play futures and satellites in Europe this year. Italy appears to be the best destination because of continuous tournaments, small and not full qualifying draws and a very safe and easy country to be in. The only disadvantage I can see is the cost of being there for several months.

Can anyone give me advice on this subject and tips on playing pro tennis in europe: better places to go, money saving tips, info on standards of different countries (as far as I know, Italy would be much easier to win matches in than Spain or France) etc....

Thanks a lot

On the contrary possibly not. There are a lot of good Italians out there (many in the top 200) and you have to wonder how they became trained to do so well.

benlance
02-04-2005, 04:49 AM
Anywhere I can find more info on this?

TennisLurker
02-04-2005, 05:18 AM
Adriano Panatta said that the reason why there are so few top italian players, is that they can make a living just playing challengers.

SwissMister1
02-04-2005, 04:20 PM
What style of player are you? Are you comfortable on the clay courts?

benlance
02-05-2005, 03:51 AM
yeah, clay courter. Thats why I want to go there. Surprisingly, about a third of the events in Spain are on hard which I am not as comfy on.

Poljud
02-05-2005, 12:41 PM
I live in Australia currently and my friend here played futures and satellites in the north of italy and croatia, and mainly on clay, aslong as you stay in the north of italy transport etc will be good and cheap.