Is Hewitt on steroids ?? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Is Hewitt on steroids ??

wimbledonfan
02-01-2005, 09:40 PM
I was just watching the us open finals and noticed how skinny Lleyton was

and how his serve was fairly weak . This year at the australian open , he

was serving a lot faster judging by his stats and his arms gained a few more

inches since the last major . Could this be attributed to his hard work , or is

he using sports enhancing drugs like other sports athletes are using ??

motasek
02-01-2005, 09:46 PM
Hmmmm....Judging by his skin complexion with all those pimples you might be about right. Yet, Hewitt got this new fitness crazy coach, which could make the muscles case clear. Some say ALL the players take something.

tennis4you
02-01-2005, 09:55 PM
I am sure there are some muscle mass suppliments that are legal too. Who knows. I have seen guys make all kinds of progress in 6 months before hitting the weights.

iluvcandy227
02-01-2005, 10:05 PM
it wouldnt surprise me if he was

Eclectic Goddess
02-01-2005, 10:25 PM
This thread has already been done.

adeegee
02-01-2005, 10:29 PM
he wouldn't risk it there's too much drug testing around. i think he just worked pretty hard during the off season. although he was getting a few more mph on his serve i didnt think the muscles were doing an awful lot for his game, his groundstrokes didnt seem any more powerful than usual

Leena
02-01-2005, 11:03 PM
I do the steroids threads around here. :p

Jackie
02-01-2005, 11:55 PM
My brother, who knows way too much about performance enhancing drugs said Hewitt's legs would have built up just as much as his arms [maybe more considering the amount of fitness work he does] if he was on steroids. I think he has just gained a bit of weight and worked hard at the gym. Let's face it, he has gained a bit of muscle, but he doesn't look like a member of the Chinese swim team

Leena
02-01-2005, 11:59 PM
My brother, who knows way too much about performance enhancing drugs said Hewitt's legs would have built up just as much as his arms [maybe more considering the amount of fitness work he does] if he was on steroids. I think he has just gained a bit of weight and worked hard at the gym. Let's face it, he has gained a bit of muscle, but he doesn't look like a member of the Chinese swim team
I highly doubt that's true...

As a fan of wrestling (which I hate to admit), there's many guys who have massive upper bodies, and twigs for legs.

It's all about what parts of your body that you want to focus on, I guess.

alfonsojose
02-02-2005, 12:04 AM
If his cock is bigger now, good for him and his fiancee :tape:

PaulieM
02-02-2005, 12:05 AM
I highly doubt that's true...

As a fan of wrestling (which I hate to admit), there's many guys who have massive upper bodies, and twigs for legs.

yeah like male gymnasts for example :scared:

-ernie-
02-02-2005, 12:11 AM
Thread been made.......but still I dont think he is....he had a drug test right! :p :lol: Well IDK if he is then thats really cheap.....

aceit
02-02-2005, 12:20 AM
I was thinking about this ever since the first tourney he played in this year. Sure it's possible that he gained a lot of musscle in a short amount of time but I'm thinking that he's on something.

wimbledonfan
02-02-2005, 12:51 AM
There are doctors out there who are specialized in covering a players use of performance enhancing drugs. Even though these players particiapate in random drug testing doesnt mean that a player is clean from using it .

Ben johnson should still be the fastest man in the world lol

Jackie
02-02-2005, 01:24 AM
The muscle has been built up gradually, but it is just more noticable now with the sleveless shirts.

Leena
02-02-2005, 01:26 AM
The fact that he screams on court like a madman, and makes wild decisions further leads to the possibility of steroid abuse.

JeNn
02-02-2005, 01:39 AM
The fact that he screams on court like a madman, and makes wild decisions further leads to the possibility of steroid abuse.

But he has always done that, even when he was a runt :p

Stupid thread :rolleyes:

Pea
02-02-2005, 01:50 AM

You're just mad because Bec has that to look forward to. :o ;)

Jackie
02-02-2005, 01:50 AM
Lleyton plays well - he is accused of steroid use
Lleyton plays like crap - he was allegedly a "caretaker No.1"

The poor guy can't win. Just let him play tennis

Jackie
02-02-2005, 01:51 AM
You're just mad because Bec has that to look forward to. :o ;)

LMAO

aceit
02-02-2005, 01:54 AM
Lleyton plays well - he is accused of steroid use
That's not it. It's about his sudden gain in muscle.

Jackie
02-02-2005, 02:00 AM
That's not it. It's about his sudden gain in muscle.

Firstly, as I explained before, it's not sudden.
Secondly I don't think he has really gained anything from it. His serve is not much faster [ just more accurate ], and his groundstrokes don't appear to be any different. His main improvements have been fitness related - getting through lots of long matches

FanOfHewitt
02-02-2005, 02:22 AM
Hmmmm....Judging by his skin complexion with all those pimples you might be about right. Yet, Hewitt got this new fitness crazy coach, which could make the muscles case clear. Some say ALL the players take something.

Well, Hewitt has always been a pimply type of fella. Nothing has changed in his complexion.

JeNn
02-02-2005, 02:27 AM
Well, Hewitt has always been a pimply type of fella. Nothing has changed in his complexion.

exactly, he has never had good skin. In fact I think it's been better lately than it used to be.

Jackie
02-02-2005, 02:29 AM

His complexion has actually improved. Do steroids even cause pimples?

FanOfHewitt
02-02-2005, 02:30 AM
I was just watching the us open finals and noticed how skinny Lleyton was

and how his serve was fairly weak . This year at the australian open , he

was serving a lot faster judging by his stats and his arms gained a few more

inches since the last major . Could this be attributed to his hard work , or is

he using sports enhancing drugs like other sports athletes are using ??

He just had a preseason of training, ofcourse he is going to look bigger than he does for one of the last matches in the year where he has played so much tennis and is run down.

As I said in the other steroids thread, I think the fact that Hewitt had done some bulking up at the end of 2003 in preparation for Davis Cup gave him some muscle memory, which makes it easier to get back what you lose in muscle becuase your body does not forget the work you have put in, so to speak. So that could account for the somewhat dramatic increase in muscle that he put on over the 2004/2005 break. It's much easier to put on muscle once you have already put on muscle in the past, even though you may look just as shrimpy as you ever were after an extended period of muscle atrophy (which he underwent throughout 2004).

FanOfHewitt
02-02-2005, 02:31 AM
His complexion has actually improved. Do steroids even cause pimples?

Yeah you are right his complexion is better now than it was (still pimply though).

Steroids do cause pimples in some cases, though not all.

Sosa
02-02-2005, 02:33 AM
naaaah, no stereoids here. he is a little buffed that's it. nothing major. that can easily be gained in 4-6 weeks. especially, since he was fit before. he just did some weight training + ate lots of proteins. during the year it is hard for him to bulk, cos he is running so much.

T-T
02-02-2005, 02:50 AM
Hewitt is a workout and health freak. Roddick, on the other hand, looks and behaves like a regular techno raver. I'm convinced he's loaded.

Jackie
02-02-2005, 02:55 AM
Hewitt is a workout and health freak. Roddick, on the other hand, looks and behaves like a regular techno raver. I'm convinced he's loaded.

Techno raver? I thought Andy was more into gambling

T-T
02-02-2005, 02:59 AM
Ok, let's be more clear. He behaves like a guy who took five lines of speed and some pills to get through the night. His fifteen minute toilet break also created some suspicious looks on Hewitt's face, who by the way showed concern about doping in tennis already during the Rusedski affair.

Jackie
02-02-2005, 03:10 AM
Ok, let's be more clear. He behaves like a guy who took five lines of speed and some pills to get through the night. His fifteen minute toilet break also created some suspicious looks on Hewitt's face, who by the way showed concern about doping in tennis already during the Rusedski affair.

LOL. Regardless of whether he is on pills etc, you have totally summed up his character

T-T
02-02-2005, 07:11 PM
Sober, Roddick is apparently a rather self-conscious, polite guy. As we usually see him on a tennis court or right after, however, he comes out as an unpredictable, cocky yet very open-minded person. I believe that's the drugs kicking in.

Horatio Caine
02-02-2005, 11:49 PM
If his cock is bigger now, good for him and his fiancee :tape:

Who knows Alfonso - he might have a pump for that too! ;) :lol:

iluvcandy227
02-02-2005, 11:56 PM
i thought steriods made ur cock smaller

TennisLurker
02-03-2005, 12:11 AM
Iluvcandy is right

-ernie-
02-03-2005, 12:44 AM
i thought steriods made ur cock smaller
thats true.......so if you have a sex life, its a no no, of course i am only 14 so i wouldnt know! :eek:

Becarina
02-03-2005, 01:59 AM
:rolleyes: Sober, Roddick is apparently a rather self-conscious, polite guy. As we usually see him on a tennis court or right after, however, he comes out as an unpredictable, cocky yet very open-minded person. I believe that's the drugs kicking in.

or it could be adrenaline....competativeness....nerves... :rolleyes:

Pea
02-03-2005, 04:54 AM
I don't think the cock shrinks. The balls do.

tennischick
02-03-2005, 05:20 AM
:lol: :lol:

in all fairness, Hewitt has always been intense. that's not evidence of 'roid rage IMO.

kabuki
02-03-2005, 05:28 AM
Doesn't look "puffy" enough IMO.

motasek
02-03-2005, 07:37 AM

Most of the athlets caught drug-taking had been strongly involved in banning the steroids before the got positively tested, so Leyton's involvment, let's say, has nothing to do.

motasek
02-03-2005, 07:47 AM
Even if they all take illegal (or legal , what's the difference?) enhancements, it's still ok as long as it's not a Formula 1-like situation. Everybody has equal chance... But wait, there's that guy, that super-hero, what's his name? Federer? Yup! Does he take Ferrari pills??? He's so slim...Compare his right arm to that of Roddick! So let's just say: Roger takes Rabbit-long distance performance slimming pills and Andy takes Duck muscle enhancing pills.

TheMightyFed
02-03-2005, 09:50 AM
Hewitt= amphetamines (twitches) + steroids (bulk in 1 month)
or
Hewitt= a lot of coffee (twitches) + a lot of eggs (protein) (bulk in 1 month)

What do you think ? ;)

Jackie
02-03-2005, 12:11 PM
Hewitt= amphetamines (twitches) + steroids (bulk in 1 month)
or
Hewitt= a lot of coffee (twitches) + a lot of eggs (protein) (bulk in 1 month)

What do you think ? ;)

Well one of those crazy newspapers that tells us what players eat for breakfast did mention that he drinks coffee...and he has been twitching a lot less recently. I think that was mostly childhood/teenage hyperactivity

Socket
02-03-2005, 01:17 PM
Well one of those crazy newspapers that tells us what players eat for breakfast did mention that he drinks coffee...and he has been twitching a lot less recently. I think that was mostly childhood/teenage hyperactivity
When I saw him sitting on the court during the Roddick match waiting for Andy to return from whatever he was doing in the locker room, he was twitching and bouncing his legs like nobody's business. If they had hooked a power line up to him, he could have supplied the energy for the stadium lighting. But overall, he is getting less fidgety every year, so I agree that it's simply his normal hyperactivity gradually lessening.

Or else it was Kim making him nervous all those years. ;)

TheMightyFed
02-03-2005, 03:42 PM
Or else it was Kim making him nervous all those years. ;)
It seems she's found a new victim: "Mr Limbourg 2000"... C'mooon, propose her if you're a real man !! :devil:

Adman
02-03-2005, 03:51 PM
If people in the ITF thought that Lleyton was on steroids he would be check at the end of his matches and nothing has so far been proved.

Socket
02-03-2005, 11:54 PM
If people in the ITF thought that Lleyton was on steroids he would be check at the end of his matches and nothing has so far been proved.
Actually, buried deep within the ATP Tour's site is a spreadsheet indicating which players were handed the little cup at which tournaments. . .

Jackie
02-04-2005, 02:42 AM
Actually, buried deep within the ATP Tour's site is a spreadsheet indicating which players were handed the little cup at which tournaments. . .

...and the top players are tested regularly, so I don't think they have anything to worry about...unless they start taking cough medicine :devil:

Socket
02-04-2005, 03:19 AM
...and the top players are tested regularly, so I don't think they have anything to worry about...unless they start taking cough medicine :devil:
Only in Belgium. So Lleyton doesn't have anything to worry about any more. :devil:

Chloe le Bopper
02-04-2005, 04:48 AM
Ah, the *real* reason he and Kim broke up comes to light!

Nikki♥
02-04-2005, 09:33 AM
Wasn´t Nadal the one on steriods?
Sometimes Lleyton behaves himself like a hamster on exctasy but I don´t think that he actually does druggies. Even without them he´s the hyper Lleyton whom we all love.

Nikki♥
02-04-2005, 09:34 AM
I have to correct myself...."....whom most of us love.". ;)

Nikki♥
02-04-2005, 09:34 AM
It seems she's found a new victim: "Mr Limbourg 2000"... C'mooon, propose her if you're a real man !! :devil:

He looked a lot better in the other pics that I have seen of him. :o