Clay Masters [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Clay Masters

federer express
02-01-2005, 03:40 PM
I know I only like grass apparently, but hey....

Okay, same deal as with the dream masters...but this is played at RG

Who would win reign?

(Waiting for the criticism of the 8 I have chosen....lol)

Hendu
02-01-2005, 04:07 PM
Vilas & Borg :worship:

Fergie
02-01-2005, 05:48 PM
Bjorn Borg :worship: ... But I voted for Guga :angel:

Tenchî
02-01-2005, 06:08 PM
:p From past to today (My favourite Clay Masters):

Sergi Bruguera
Thomas Muster
Guga Kuerten

:p Best Clay Masters (In my opinion):

Nicola Pietrangeli
Manolo Santana
Björn Borg
Guillermo Vilas
Thomas Muster
Guga Kuerten

Adman
02-01-2005, 06:13 PM
Bjorn Borg the ultimate master!!

Tenchî
02-01-2005, 06:15 PM
I know I only like grass apparently, but hey....

Okay, same deal as with the dream masters...but this is played at RG

Who would win reign?

(Waiting for the criticism of the 8 I have chosen....lol)

:yeah: Great 8 ... but I want to vote for Thomas Muster :worship: He's one of the best clay court players ever in my opinion :rolleyes: Thomas have amazings records on this surface ;)

:lol: I'd like the "others" option :p

adeegee
02-01-2005, 06:16 PM
Too young to have seen most of them, but from the clips i've seen and the info i've got i voted for Bjorn

Billy Moonshine
02-01-2005, 06:24 PM
Guga!! His 97 RG run was so amazing- one of my fave slam runs ever. Borg has more titles and stat wise, yes, he would be fav on paper, but Guga,such flamboyance! I love that man!:) I would cheer for him to beat Borg in the final.

federer express
02-01-2005, 06:24 PM
:yeah: Great 8 ... but I want to vote for Thomas Muster :worship: He's one of the best clay court players ever in my opinion :rolleyes: Thomas have amazings records on this surface ;)

:lol: I'd like the "others" option :p

Yeah but i think bruguera, kuerten and courier all edge out muster

roisin
02-01-2005, 06:34 PM
im too young to remember most of them but of what ive seen of him borg was a legend. (hey wheres jcf in this poll?! :p)

In_Disguise
02-01-2005, 06:48 PM
Muster should be on that list, he won 11 clay court titles in '95 inc. Rome, Barcelona, Monti Carlo, FO,...and had over 35 consecutive wins on clay that season...not even the great Borg or Guga could match that

Elwing
02-01-2005, 07:27 PM
Vilas and Borg, but i pick Vilas cuz i like his style better... but Wilander and Lendl have memorable matches on clay too...

TennisLurker
02-01-2005, 10:05 PM
borg borg and borg

and guga

Tenchî
02-01-2005, 10:45 PM
Yeah but i think bruguera, kuerten and courier all edge out muster

:yeah: But the name of the thread is "Who's the Master on Clay" ... not "Who's the Roland Garros' Master"

:worship: Thomas Muster have and incredible 40-5 record on clay court finals, I think the best record ever. In 1995 he won a career-high 12 titles in 14 finals, highlighted by his first career Grand Slam title at the French Open (He also reached the junior final ten years ago) Opened his claycourt dominance (65-2 record) in Mexico City where he won for the third consecutive year (d. Meligeni) That was the start of 40 consecutive claycourt match victories (from February to June) and seven titles - Estoril (d. A. Costa), Barcelona (d. Larsson), Mercedes Super 9 stops in Monte Carlo (d. Becker) and Rome (d. Bruguera), French Open (d. Chang) and St. Pölten (d. Ulihrach) His winnig streak ended in July in the 1st RD of Gstaad to Corretja. The clay streak was the longest since Bjorn Borg won 44 in a row from 1977-79. Also his record againts latin players ¡best clay court players! is amazing ... (12-3 over Bruguera 6-2 on clay)

:worship: Thomas is the best clay court player since Borg. He's not the best player in RG since Björn for sure. But we are talking about clay Court Masters not RG winners or runner up.

:worship: Bjorg is The Roland Garros Master and Muster is one of the biggest Clay Masters ever!

:p THOMAS MUSTER IS THE "REAL" CLAY COURT MASTER IN THE 90's

Action Jackson
02-02-2005, 12:52 AM
Borg

Action Jackson
02-02-2005, 12:53 AM
Muster is not on that list fedexpress go back to being the Sampras and grass diehard you are and as usual there is a huge distinct lack of research in your posts and thread questions.

Prizeidiot
02-02-2005, 05:00 AM
I'll go with the common consensus.... Borg

*Ljubica*
02-02-2005, 05:16 AM
Out of that list I voted for Vilas - but where's Thomas Muster :eek: He was the best by far imo.

Ferrero Forever
02-02-2005, 08:42 AM
I don't care about the oldies, but Ferrero is THE king of clay.

Denaon
02-02-2005, 02:22 PM
I also questioned why Muster wasn't named here as a clay master. I adored him and his play.

Denise
02-02-2005, 02:31 PM
GUGA :worship:

thelma
02-02-2005, 08:55 PM
Borg and Muster

TaTaaa
02-02-2005, 11:12 PM
GUGA 4EVER!!! :bounce:

Leena
02-02-2005, 11:57 PM
this list is half crap !!!!!

Seriously, no Muster. Sigh.

federer express
02-04-2005, 12:40 PM
Muster is not on that list fedexpress go back to being the Sampras and grass diehard you are and as usual there is a huge distinct lack of research in your posts and thread questions.

Good reason why muster is not on actually!! Although a consistent performer on clay always I dont put him above anyone on that list. Was he better than bruguera, courier or kuerten of the recent bunch?? I dont think so...if he was he might not have got hammered by courier at the french in a ridiculously easy matych and might have threatened bruguera in his dominance. But maybe u have him above borg?? I hope not!! Or above lendl?? Doubt it as u seem to live up his backside! So who on that list did muster win more French Opens than??? Oh yeah...none!! No lack of research at all. The fact that you trawl th net doesn't mean u know the first thing about tennis. I was part of the Dave Sammel National Squad until I was 16 and can play at a level that u probably dont even reach in your wet dreams! But hey the anorak suits you so why change!!!!

Action Jackson
02-04-2005, 12:44 PM
Good reason why muster is not on actually!! Although a consistent performer on clay always I dont put him above anyone on that list. Was he better than bruguera, courier or kuerten of the recent bunch?? I dont think so...if he was he might not have got hammered by courier at the french in a ridiculously easy matych and might have threatened bruguera in his dominance. But maybe u have him above borg?? I hope not!! Or above lendl?? Doubt it as u seem to live up his backside! So who on that list did muster win more French Opens than??? Oh yeah...none!! No lack of research at all. The fact that you trawl th net doesn't mean u know the first thing about tennis. I was part of the Dave Sammel National Squad until I was 16 and can play at a level that u probably dont even reach in your wet dreams! But hey the anorak suits you so why change!!!!

You really don't know what you are talking about at all do you? I seriously think that you are taking the piss, if you are, then it's a good one, if not do you want me to answer this seriously?

Puschkin
02-04-2005, 12:44 PM
I am not at all a patriot in tennis and I don't care about the nationalities of tennis players, but Thomas Muster would have deserved to be named at least;)

federer express
02-04-2005, 12:45 PM
You really don't know what you are talking about at all do you? I seriously think that you are taking the piss, if you are, then it's a good one, if not do you want me to answer this seriously?

answer away

Action Jackson
02-04-2005, 01:04 PM
Good reason why muster is not on actually!! Although a consistent performer on clay always I dont put him above anyone on that list.

In reality you have chosen this just on RG performances and not taking anything at all.

Was he better than bruguera, courier or kuerten of the recent bunch?? I dont think so...if he was he might not have got hammered by courier at the french in a ridiculously easy matych and might have threatened bruguera in his dominance.

Considering Muster was 12-3 against Bruguera, which comprised of 6-2 on clay. I am not sure but that might mean that he had the game to handle Sergi. This being yourself and no you haven't thought this through at all. Like your More Grass thread you keep contradicting yourself all the way through.

Did I say he was better than Kuerten? Considering Guga has won all of the TMS events on clay at least once in addition to his Slams and when he came on the scene that was the decline of Muster when it came to clay.

Courier had 2 good years on clay and Muster had more than that considering he was the best player on clay in 95, 96 and one of the top claycourt players before the accident.

But maybe u have him above borg?? I hope not!! Or above lendl?? Doubt it as u seem to live up his backside!

Do some research on my posts you arse clown on the clay subjects, the search tool isn't that hard to use. Who did I vote for in this thread? Was it Muster? Another piece of info Muster is not even my favourite player.

So who on that list did muster win more French Opens than??? Oh yeah...none!! No lack of research at all.

It's not just about RG when it comes to judging this, the other 3 big events Hamburg, Rome and Monte Carlo are significant as well and need to be considered. Muster has won the Monte Carlo tournament plenty of times and has won Rome as well at least twice. If you are going to use such narrow boundaries, just say so at the start and there wouldn't be any objections from other posters.

The fact that you trawl th net doesn't mean u know the first thing about tennis. I was part of the Dave Sammel National Squad until I was 16 and can play at a level that u probably dont even reach in your wet dreams! But hey the anorak suits you so why change!!!!

You haven't got a patch on half the people in here when it comes to tennis knowledge and since you need advertise who brilliant you are, that doesn't help your cause either.

Ok, who is the insecure individual who feels the need to brag about certain achievements to cover up for a lack of analytical skills and the fact that your points are so poorly put together and have time and again shown to have more holes in them than swiss cheese.

I am not the only one who has said Muster should be on the list if it was a clay Masters, interpretation that doesn't mean he is the best ever claycourt player and that has never been said at all.

The fact your father should have taken the fellatio option instead before you were created isn't a problem with me at all and your colourful insults have made my day.

*Ljubica*
02-04-2005, 01:45 PM
Brilliant answer as ever GWH :worship: Thomas was the best - no question in my opinion! I was honoured to watch him play live on the clay many times in the 1990's - a truly awesome player.

Gonzo Hates Me!
02-04-2005, 02:35 PM
Jim Courier!!!!!!!!!

LiZpHaIr
02-04-2005, 09:12 PM
Borg.

federer express
02-05-2005, 12:01 AM
Jim Courier!!!!!!!!!

Am surprised courier hasn't got a few more votes

federer express
02-05-2005, 12:12 AM
It's not just about RG when it comes to judging this, the other 3 big events Hamburg, Rome and Monte Carlo are significant as well and need to be considered. Muster has won the Monte Carlo tournament plenty of times and has won Rome as well at least twice. If you are going to use such narrow boundaries, just say so at the start and there wouldn't be any objections from other posters.

You haven't got a patch on half the people in here when it comes to tennis knowledge and since you need advertise who brilliant you are, that doesn't help your cause either.

Ok, who is the insecure individual who feels the need to brag about certain achievements to cover up for a lack of analytical skills

Ok am speaking not as someone who thinks you have verbal diarrhoea, or someone who just thinks you're a fucking loser...am speaking as a psychiatrist. Yes I am a psychiatrist and like others on here have a life outside MTF...u should try it. As a psychiatrist this is your problem...sorry THESE ARE YOUR PROBLEMS:
(1) U probably cant play for shit which means every player u talk about has as much interest in what u say as i do....NONE!!
(2) Not enough love from mommy (probably realised what an anal retentive loser u are from an early age) and way too much love from daddy!! Hey thats not your fault....U ARE THE VICTIM THERE!!!

Solutions:
(1) learn to play tennis to better than a laughable level. Get to a point where u might not lose 6-0 6-0 to me and maybe then i wont switch off every time u speak.
(2) realise as most ppl do that quoting win/loss records doesn't mean or prove anything except what a loser u really are. U really need to find some better ways to spend your time. But if u insisit on remaining such a loser, at least realise the importance of slams and that the best players peak for them and hold them above all the other tournaments. The best players have the best records at the majors!!!
(3) Tell daddy its not normal and he could go to prison for what he does to u!!
(4) Get laid!!!!!!

:retard: :smash: :retard: :smash: :retard: :smash:

Action Jackson
02-05-2005, 04:39 AM
Ok am speaking not as someone who thinks you have verbal diarrhoea, or someone who just thinks you're a fucking loser...am speaking as a psychiatrist. Yes I am a psychiatrist and like others on here have a life outside MTF...u should try it. As a psychiatrist this is your problem...sorry THESE ARE YOUR PROBLEMS:
(1) U probably cant play for shit which means every player u talk about has as much interest in what u say as i do....NONE!!
(2) Not enough love from mommy (probably realised what an anal retentive loser u are from an early age) and way too much love from daddy!! Hey thats not your fault....U ARE THE VICTIM THERE!!!

Hahaha, for someone of such intellectual prowess such as yourself I am disappointed and slightly bemused by the fact you need to use caps lock when typing in this post.

As usual you have avoided the particular issue and try to derail the actual topic of this thread as a diversionary tactic for the simple reason you don't have anything concrete to counter the counterarguments.

You are an entertainer you have to be with some of this stuff you are coming out with. Well done it was a good performance and you might get a gig on a TV show.

Very interesting what you say about my mother considering I saw you leaving her bedroom the other night.

Solutions:
(1) learn to play tennis to better than a laughable level. Get to a point where u might not lose 6-0 6-0 to me and maybe then i wont switch off every time u speak.
(2) realise as most ppl do that quoting win/loss records doesn't mean or prove anything except what a loser u really are. U really need to find some better ways to spend your time. But if u insisit on remaining such a loser, at least realise the importance of slams and that the best players peak for them and hold them above all the other tournaments. The best players have the best records at the majors!!!
(3) Tell daddy its not normal and he could go to prison for what he does to u!!
(4) Get laid!!!!!!

:retard: :smash: :retard: :smash: :retard: :smash:

1. You don't know what level I play at for a start and it's not important at what level I play it. I wouldn't tell you anyway how good as I was, because it's not important. Like I said do you need to know that to jump of a cliff without a parachute will hurt without having to try it? That insecurity is coming out again, don't feel bad you have been quoted in signatures and have inspired a lot of people with your undeniable brilliance.

2. "You are loser". From such a sparkling wit like yourself I am hurt. Of course you missed the basic structure of the point, but that's not surprising. No point trying to discuss something with yourself, when you couldn't construct a fart after eating 30 cans of baked beans, let alone good points to an argument. It's not just about raw numbers arse clown and all things considered, not just the ones you want to suit your own view.

3. I didn't know you were a necrophiliac as well , first having sex with my mother and now my father who happens to be dead and you want him in prison, you are impressive to say the least.

Ok, your arguments are about as useful as a one-legged man in an arse-kicking contest as logical as a fish riding a bicycle. I am not the one with the problem here.

Yes, congrats you have won "The Arse Clown of the Month" Award :yeah:

gsm
02-05-2005, 12:09 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

misyou25
02-05-2005, 12:40 PM
FERRERO;)

Rogiman
02-05-2005, 12:50 PM
Great stuff, FE & GWH, bring it on! :yeah:

Peta Pan
02-06-2005, 10:09 AM
LMFAO... this thread has tears rolling down my cheeks :spit:

So well said GWH :cool:

bad gambler
02-06-2005, 10:14 AM
all i can say is i want more...what an amusing read

and what was the thread topic again?

MAURO
02-06-2005, 11:24 PM
Vilas was a real master

sigmagirl91
02-07-2005, 01:32 AM
LMAO @ GWH and FE. If the use of caps lock and bad grammar weren't so bad, I think I may take the posts seriously. Please, FE, put down the crack pipe.

Becool
02-07-2005, 08:08 AM
Guga had really a streak on clay.. Don't remember how many matches without losing.. But I remember Hewitt ending this streak on Davis Cup..

I think he's the true clay master :angel: