Best memories from the 2005 Aussie Open [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Best memories from the 2005 Aussie Open

Iza
02-01-2005, 06:01 AM
How has the centenary edition of the AO been for u?
For me, it was the most beautiful slam in a while and I have quite a few reasons for that...Djokovic played his 1st major, PimPim set a new world record in the number of aces per match, Marcos went through to the round of 16 losing to Fed, Marat defeated Roger :devil: and finally he won his 2nd grand slam!
I'll miss waking up in the morning @ 4 am to watch tennis :tears:

Ferrero Forever
02-01-2005, 07:18 AM
I have too many memories to list here, i had the best time of my life. I wasn't expecting to get any autographs and to meet players, but it all happened for me and i just had the best time. I'm counting down the days till the next australian open.

bad gambler
02-01-2005, 07:21 AM
yes too many memories for me as well to list

li'l red
02-01-2005, 07:50 AM
marat finally won the trophy(i still wasn't a tennis fan when he won USO2000 so i guess you can imagine how ecstatic i am).. new record in number of aces aces for pimpim... rafa reached his best GS result so far(and almost made it to QF)...

certainly a memorable grandslam! :)

jmp
02-01-2005, 11:26 AM
There are so many good memories. From the beginning of the second week, this tournament just went into over drive! Marat over the entire two weeks culminating in his second major title still blows me away two (three?) days later. Australia is such a great country with a great sporting tradition. This tournament did not dissappoint!

RodLo
02-01-2005, 12:46 PM
One word...Marat. Between him pulling off the upset against Roger, and him winning the Open...well, enough said. :yeah:

Experimentee
02-01-2005, 01:28 PM
Like everyone else who went there are too many memories for me to post. Out of the matches I especially liked seeing Hrbaty and Gaudio grind it out over 5 sets, and seeing Baghdatis do well, and Djokovic and Suzuki in qualifying, and the latter giving a great match to Roger.

Vass
02-01-2005, 01:49 PM
Maart beating Federer. Dunno why, but I am very calm abouut him winning the second GS.

Elwing
02-01-2005, 02:17 PM
i have many many good memories , it's remarkable the tennis level we saw at this tournament, but recalling came to my mind a few images and i think those are the most impresive ones so i listed them

1 - Gaudio and his shot on quarters , as always i don't remember the names or the exact moment, but i do remember he raised his hands to the crawd, i think the shot was between the legs but , running to the net and hitting the ball backwards ...
2 - Nalbandian between the legs shot, nor Hewitt or any of us was expecting that ball to pass the net and it did, 5th set i thbink this was...
3 - Marat's speach and jokes after he won the tournament, showing the greatness of the winners.