when are wimbledon lottery results announced ? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

when are wimbledon lottery results announced ?

sunil
02-01-2005, 05:46 AM
I entered for the Wimbledon lottery, and have my fingers crossed (if I win, grandma has promised to keep the kids, and we are off to our first vacation-without-kids - and our first trip to London !!).

Anybody know when the lottery is held ? When are winners notified ? On wimbledon.org it just says the lottery will be held in Jan, has anybody else been notified they got tickets as yet ?

Waiting with fingers crossed...

Sunil

*Ljubica*
02-01-2005, 06:42 AM
I entered for the Wimbledon lottery, and have my fingers crossed (if I win, grandma has promised to keep the kids, and we are off to our first vacation-without-kids - and our first trip to London !!).

Anybody know when the lottery is held ? When are winners notified ? On wimbledon.org it just says the lottery will be held in Jan, has anybody else been notified they got tickets as yet ?

Waiting with fingers crossed...

Sunil

They start in mid-January Sunil - the Final is balloted first, then the semi-finals and then backwards until the first Monday. I know the semis have already been allocated, so they're probably on the 1st week tickets about now. It finishes in the middle of this month - but you may still get returns in March, if any of the people first successful in the ballot turn their ticket offer down so their tickets get re-balloted. Hope that helps a bit - and good luck.

Horatio Caine
02-01-2005, 09:40 AM
They start in mid-January Sunil - the Final is balloted first, then the semi-finals and then backwards until the first Monday. I know the semis have already been allocated, so they're probably on the 1st week tickets about now. It finishes in the middle of this month - but you may still get returns in March, if any of the people first successful in the ballot turn their ticket offer down so their tickets get re-balloted. Hope that helps a bit - and good luck.

Thanks Rosie! :wavey: I wasn't sure how it was done either! Like many people, I have my fingers crossed for one of the last tickets available!

sunil
02-01-2005, 03:02 PM
Thanks Rosie - much appreciated !!

Sunil

adeegee
02-01-2005, 04:43 PM
i put about 8 entries in under different names, friends and stuff and haven't heard back about any! i'm getting annoyed!

joeb_uk
02-01-2005, 04:54 PM
It was my first time applying this year and i managed to get womens semi final tickets :D very surprising, i am not usually lucky. I expected some crap court 1 tickets for the final few days probably would have turned them down tho

Mount Goddess
02-01-2005, 07:57 PM
I got my letter yesterday and have got court two tickets for the first Wednesday, so you should hear this week I think.

Kyla
02-01-2005, 08:01 PM
Got my letter one and half weeks ago :)

Éowyn
02-02-2005, 12:45 AM
don't worry sometimes they allocate them and take forever sending them out! they suck like that sometimes! last year 2 of my mates sent in the same day and one got their answer a month after the other and the one who had the daly had finals day so it's just pot luck! sometimes they're just slow posting to certain areas too.!

PinkFeatherBoa
02-02-2005, 01:00 AM
Yeah, when I got my finals tickets last year, they came late Feburary and they weren't returns. So maybe you live in a slow post area like me.

I'm hoping that's again the case this year with me..