3 BURTON, Lewis (GBR)
4 CORRIE, Edward GBR
5 EVANS, Daniel GBR
6 GOODALL, Josh GBR
7 PELIWO, Filip CAN
8 WARD HIBBERT, Joshua GBR
9 RICE, DAVID GBR (Play-off champion)

Doubles
1 BAKER, Jamie (GBR) and EDMUND, Kyle (GBR)
2 HEWITT, Lleyton (AUS) and KNOWLES, Mark (BAH)
3 RICE, David (GBR) and THORNLEY, Sean (GBR)
4 not awarded
5 not awarded
6 not awarded
7 not awarded

156mphserve
05-18-2013, 12:00 AM
WC to Peliwo for winning the juniors last year?

they used to give a MD WC, but last year was a QWC, and after Kimmer didn't get anything for RG, got me a little worried. Hoping he gets at least a Q WC

Gliese581
05-18-2013, 12:12 AM
I like Filip but I dont think he's done a whole hell of a lot to justify the main draw wild card. I think now they are paying more attention to how the juniors transition to the pro tour and how they do in the year following to decide what to do with them. I think that is why less juniors are being given wild cards in to the main draw and in some cases being over looked all together.

Filip has only really had 2 good events this year. If he can continue his good form in the weeks going forward I could see him getting a qualifying wild card but I doubt he's in the running for a main draw position.

Kimmer not getting anything at all, not even something into qualifying does surprise me because he has not had a bad year.Maybe he turned it down

Gliese581
05-18-2013, 12:15 AM
I would guess that James Ward and Daniel Evans for their heroics in the davis cup win over Russia will get wild cards in to the main draw. Oliver Golding would be my third guess

156mphserve
05-18-2013, 12:22 AM
Wimbledon was the first one to give out a WC to the junior winner I believe, and if I remember correct I don't think they've ever not given anything. At worst they've offered a Qualies WC.

I don't think Filip has had a terrible year. He hasn't had outstanding results but besides a couple losses early in the year he hasn't lost to anyone ranked 400 or worse. Futures can be tough sledding, and he's turned it on lately with a final last week and 1 win from another one this week.

His ranking dropped when the SF from Rimouski last year came off but that was pretty expected, that wasn't his level and he was very unlikely to repeat that.

I don't think he's regressed, he just hasn't improved by winning futures yet but according to his result and what he's been tweeting it seems like he's starting to come around.

a qualies WC would be better. Unless he gets a really good draw a MD WC would probably be a total waste other than a bit of experiance. I think he could get a win or 2 in qualies if he keeps improving the next couple weeks.

Gliese581
05-18-2013, 12:31 AM
Wimbledon was the first one to give out a WC to the junior winner I believe, and if I remember correct I don't think they've ever not given anything. At worst they've offered a Qualies WC.

I don't think Filip has had a terrible year. He hasn't had outstanding results but besides a couple losses early in the year he hasn't lost to anyone ranked 400 or worse. Futures can be tough sledding, and he's turned it on lately with a final last week and 1 win from another one this week.

His ranking dropped when the SF from Rimouski last year came off but that was pretty expected, that wasn't his level and he was very unlikely to repeat that.

I don't think he's regressed, he just hasn't improved by winning futures yet but according to his result and what he's been tweeting it seems like he's starting to come around.

a qualies WC would be better. Unless he gets a really good draw a MD WC would probably be a total waste other than a bit of experiance. I think he could get a win or 2 in qualies if he keeps improving the next couple weeks.

I agree, he has not had a horrible year but I think he just has not done as well as some people(myself included) thought he would be doing. I do also agree that a wild card into qualifying would be better for him. It would give him a chance to get himself worked in to the tournament. I think if he can keep up this kind of form with the right draw and a little luck his chances of qualifying would be quite good.

CooCooCachoo
05-18-2013, 12:41 PM
I like Filip but I dont think he's done a whole hell of a lot to justify the main draw wild card. I think now they are paying more attention to how the juniors transition to the pro tour and how they do in the year following to decide what to do with them. I think that is why less juniors are being given wild cards in to the main draw and in some cases being over looked all together.

Filip has only really had 2 good events this year. If he can continue his good form in the weeks going forward I could see him getting a qualifying wild card but I doubt he's in the running for a main draw position.

Kimmer not getting anything at all, not even something into qualifying does surprise me because he has not had a bad year.Maybe he turned it down

I agree with your analysis. I hope Filip will get a QWC :cool:

CooCooCachoo
05-18-2013, 12:47 PM
Since Wimbledon uses a Top 250 criterion for awarding WCs, let's look at the current rankings (May 18):

210 James Ward
247 Brydan Klein
272 Alex Bogdanovic
289 Jamie Baker
296 Josh Goodall
327 Daniel Evans
330 Edward Corrie

So only Ward and Klein are within that criterion. Ward is a lock. I would think it despicable if Klein got a WC since he only just changed his nationality and is nothing like Konta in his British connections. His form has also been very poor.

I can't see them not awarding at least a one or two WCs to other players though. Bogdanovic and Goodall have used up their chances IMO, but Evans did stellar in Davis Cup; Baker is in terrible form but had a great grass season last year and therefore loads of points to defend (and Murray might put in a good word for him?); and Corrie has been tearing it up in Futures. I am confident Evans will get one and maybe the other two as well.

156mphserve
05-18-2013, 03:22 PM
I tweeted Filip to ask him about it and he said he'll get a Q WC because he's not top 250. So it seems that the British have the same sort of rule for the junior winner as they do for their own.

CooCooCachoo
05-18-2013, 03:46 PM
I tweeted Filip to ask him about it and he said he'll get a Q WC because he's not top 250. So it seems that the British have the same sort of rule for the junior winner as they do for their own.

It's in his best interest, IMO. He could maybe win a round or two in qualies, but I think he would be annihilated in the main draw.

It's also in my best interest, because this means I get to see him play. Really looking forward to it :rocker:

156mphserve
05-18-2013, 03:51 PM
yeah he would be beaten pretty easily unless he drew someone like Alund or Volandri(even though his game could translate better than it has).

I saw him play against Dodig in Rogers Cup qualies and he was fairly competitive there ever though he went down in straights. He had a break in set 2 he just couldn't hold onto it.

If he plays well he definately could win a match or 2 which is the hope. Anything to get a little bit of experiance that could help him in futures, and challengers so he can get back to the grand slam qualies level as fast as possible.

Ace20
05-20-2013, 04:46 AM
I would think that Kyle Edmund, Liam Broady, Joshua Ward-Hibbert & Cameron Norrie will get Q WC

CooCooCachoo
05-20-2013, 11:47 AM
I would think that Kyle Edmund, Liam Broady, Joshua Ward-Hibbert & Cameron Norrie will get Q WC

Kyle will for sure; he put in a spirited performance last year. The others should too.

Brit Tennis Fan
05-20-2013, 12:01 PM
Kyle will for sure; he put in a spirited performance last year. The others should too.

Kyle might get a main draw wild card. He is at a similar ranking as Golding was 12 months ago when he got one.

SapELee
05-20-2013, 12:28 PM
I would love to see Peter Ashley get one. He is one of their more promising juniors and represented GBR in many team competitions last year.

Brit Tennis Fan
05-20-2013, 03:34 PM
No way is a player who doesn't have a senior rank and isn't even top 100 juniors going to get a Wimbledon wild card.

outrider
05-20-2013, 03:55 PM
Dan Cox will get a QWC for sure.

SapELee
05-20-2013, 06:01 PM
No way is a player who doesn't have a senior rank and isn't even top 100 juniors going to get a Wimbledon wild card.

He will get there eventually. Tennis federations don't always look at rankings. They also look at the potential of their prospects. If there is a spare qwc, why not take a glimpse of the future. LTA was promoting him a lot last summer and he seemed to have a lot of potential.

Brit Tennis Fan
05-20-2013, 06:42 PM
He will get there eventually. Tennis federations don't always look at rankings. They also look at the potential of their prospects. If there is a spare qwc, why not take a glimpse of the future. LTA was promoting him a lot last summer and he seemed to have a lot of potential.

Because he is well, well down the pecking order. We have plenty of pretty promising juniors who would get a wild card ahead of him.

SapELee
05-20-2013, 11:09 PM
Because he is well, well down the pecking order. We have plenty of pretty promising juniors who would get a wild card ahead of him.

He was also well, well down the pecking order last year, but was chosen ahead of juniors ranked much higher than him to represent GBR in the Junior Challenge Trophy along with Edmund, Broady, Bambridge, and Ward-Hibbert...just saying. Anyway, it will be interesting to see how the British Juniors fare this summer. Good luck to your youngsters.

Sombrerero loco
05-28-2013, 08:20 AM
I would guess that James Ward and Daniel Evans for their heroics in the davis cup win over Russia will get wild cards in to the main draw. Oliver Golding would be my third guess

oliver golding for a MDWC? i hope he is given a QWC instead...

Sombrerero loco
05-28-2013, 08:23 AM
qwcs, i hope for:
peliwo(confirmed already)
goodall
smethurst
milton(please)
broady
golding(if not to md)
willis
and 2 more, fitzpatrick and ward hibbert hopefully

CooCooCachoo
05-28-2013, 03:50 PM
oliver golding for a MDWC? i hope he is given a QWC instead...

He doesn't even deserve a QWC :unsure:

Sombrerero loco
05-28-2013, 09:04 PM
he was given a MDWC in 2012 and a QWC in 2011...he will get a wc here for sure

CooCooCachoo
05-28-2013, 09:37 PM
he was given a MDWC in 2012 and a QWC in 2011...he will get a wc here for sure

He lost to Andreev last year who a) sucks on grass and b) was coming back after an injury sustained at RG. Golding also is absolutely dreadful this year. He was a big talent, but based on progress and performance he does not deserve a QWC. He should try his luck in pre-qualifying.

Edit: just looked at his ranking. He went from 418 in November to #591 now.

Sombrerero loco
05-28-2013, 11:02 PM
yes, i know he hasnt made yet this season to a futures semifinals. i think he only made 2 qfs at fututrs level indeed and many R1 losses. but still, they will give qwcs to guys who deserve it less than golding, just wait and see

The Prince
05-28-2013, 11:36 PM
I hope they give all the QWCs to British youngsters who have potential to be in the main draw in the future.

Then I hope that the MDWCs aren't given to journeymen like Goodall and Baker. One each for Ward and Evans and then the rest can go to more deserving overseas players.

Nathaliia
05-28-2013, 11:43 PM
So only Ward and Klein are within that criterion. Ward is a lock. I would think it despicable if Klein got a WC since he only just changed his nationality and is nothing like Konta in his British connections. His form has also been very poor.

well, his mother is british
that's the bigger connection to UK than whatever the hungarian aussie konta had :tape:

but im really curious if he gets anything, he's not much liked (except by sombrerero loco :angel: )

Sombrerero loco
05-29-2013, 08:35 AM
I hope they give all the QWCs to British youngsters who have potential to be in the main draw in the future.

Then I hope that the MDWCs aren't given to journeymen like Goodall and Baker. One each for Ward and Evans and then the rest can go to more deserving overseas players.

then they wouldnt give many qwcs :tape:
well, some of them will make it to the main draw in the future....by a mdwc :devil:

Sombrerero loco
05-29-2013, 08:56 AM
that's the bigger connection to UK than whatever the hungarian aussie konta had :tape:

but im really curious if he gets anything, he's not much liked (except by sombrerero loco :angel: )

still unsure about getting a qwc. anyway, i dont know why he is so disliked, he is a really nice person and also player. ok i know he behaves silly on the court sometimes but its not his true character

CooCooCachoo
05-29-2013, 01:33 PM
still unsure about getting a qwc. anyway, i dont know why he is so disliked, he is a really nice person and also player. ok i know he behaves silly on the court sometimes but its not his true character

Saying racist things to your opponent to throw him off is about as low as you can go in my opinion.

CooCooCachoo
05-29-2013, 01:37 PM

If you go by ius sanguinis, yes. But Konta actually lived a large part of her life in Britain.

I'd be curious to read what Klein's motivation for switching is.

CooCooCachoo
05-29-2013, 05:05 PM
Not too many guys other than Monfils who stand much of a chance at getting a MD WC based on their performance in Paris.

Pouille (vs. Dimitrov), Sock (vs. Haas) and Przysiezny (vs. Gasquet) are the only ones that could still advance to R3.

Gliese581
05-29-2013, 05:37 PM
I know that Evans is not in good standing with the federation but after his and ward's heroics in the davis cup I hope they can get past that and give him a main draw wild card. At the very least give him one for qualifying

Gliese581
05-29-2013, 05:38 PM
Not too many guys other than Monfils who stand much of a chance at getting a MD WC based on their performance in Paris.

Pouille (vs. Dimitrov), Sock (vs. Haas) and Przysiezny (vs. Gasquet) are the only ones that could still advance to R3.

I dont see any of those guys actually pulling of the upset really.

supertom
05-29-2013, 06:04 PM
Monfils will have a WC for sure. The organisation cannot do without him.

CooCooCachoo
05-29-2013, 06:25 PM
Monfils will have a WC for sure. The organisation cannot do without him.

I think Wimbledon can do without him, but they would rather not :p His WC is pretty much guaranteed though.

Sombrerero loco
05-29-2013, 06:36 PM
yeah they will give him a wc same as they did with shvedova last year for example

supertom
05-29-2013, 08:18 PM
yeah they will give him a wc same as they did with shvedova last year for example

Barely incomparable Monfils in men and shvedova in women..

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App (http://www.verticalsports.com/mobile)

Sombrerero loco
05-29-2013, 08:32 PM
i mean slava had a nice run last year in FO, quarterfinals after qualifying. and also slava is a former doubles champion in wimbledon...

Mahqz
05-29-2013, 08:40 PM
Goffin got a WC last year. This is better example I think. ;)

CooCooCachoo
05-30-2013, 01:07 AM
Does anyone think that Kyrgios beating Stepanek and rising so much in the rankings gives him a chance of a WC, whether in Q or MD?

Nathaliia
05-30-2013, 01:42 AM
i would guess so... he's junior no1, last year wimbledon junior champ in doubles... but i would give one to vesely ahead of kyrgios, if it was up to me

higher in the ranking, more mature game, huge serve as well, more senior results

Sombrerero loco
05-30-2013, 08:27 AM
yeah but kyrgios is 2 years younger...i think they will give him a wc maybe yeah

CooCooCachoo
05-31-2013, 06:04 PM
i would guess so... he's junior no1, last year wimbledon junior champ in doubles... but i would give one to vesely ahead of kyrgios, if it was up to me

higher in the ranking, more mature game, huge serve as well, more senior results

I'm thinking Kyrgios would get a QWC, which Vesely won't need. But maybe even a MD WC.

Sombrerero loco
05-31-2013, 08:33 PM
who cares, as far as milton gets a qwc :hearts:

CooCooCachoo
06-01-2013, 10:44 AM
:spit:

Sombrerero loco
06-01-2013, 11:20 AM
what? :lol:
seems that play off is around 12-13 june right? 2 qwc to be given there

Sombrerero loco
06-01-2013, 11:24 AM
I'm thinking Kyrgios would get a QWC, which Vesely won't need. But maybe even a MD WC.

i mean i saw both of them live 1 week ago, i prefer watching josh in wimbledon qualies =D

Sombrerero loco
06-02-2013, 04:31 PM
no wcs for golding at all as he wont be playing wimbledon this year

CooCooCachoo
06-02-2013, 07:07 PM
no wcs for golding at all as he wont be playing wimbledon this year

Bad news for you, but it's right that he's not at Wimbledon.

Sombrerero loco
06-02-2013, 07:10 PM
he decided not to play in wimbledon this year. yeah for me its bad news tbh :hysteric: last year he received a MDwc...better to go step by step though

CooCooCachoo
06-02-2013, 07:15 PM
he decided not to play in wimbledon this year. yeah for me its bad news tbh :hysteric: last year he received a MDwc...better to go step by step though

Decided? Or realized his chances of getting a WC were slim? :p

Sombrerero loco
06-02-2013, 07:19 PM
he decided not to play. come on he would have been given a wc for sure at least for qualies

CooCooCachoo
06-02-2013, 07:29 PM
he decided not to play. come on he would have been given a wc for sure at least for qualies

I'm really not so sure. But if it was fully his own decision, then I have a lot of respect for that.

Sombrerero loco
06-02-2013, 07:36 PM
he was given a MDWC in queens and wimbledon last year. its difficult to think he wouldnt have received a QWC at least this year in wimbledon...watch broady and some similar ranked players receive qwcs this year in wimbledon^^

Brit Tennis Fan
06-02-2013, 07:44 PM
Decided? Or realized his chances of getting a WC were slim? :p

As an absolute minimum he would have been given a qualifying wild card into what ever British events he wanted. The LTA has invested, and are investing, way too much in him to not do so.

However he decided to stay playing on clay, which is the only surface he has played on this year. I am not sure if that is the right call but he is following a strategy so I am not going to complain.

Brit Tennis Fan
06-02-2013, 07:45 PM
what? :lol:
seems that play off is around 12-13 june right? 2 qwc to be given there

Last year it started on the Wednesday before qualifying so that sounds about right.

Sombrerero loco
06-02-2013, 08:24 PM
As an absolute minimum he would have been given a qualifying wild card into what ever British events he wanted. The LTA has invested, and are investing, way too much in him to not do so.

However he decided to stay playing on clay, which is the only surface he has played on this year. I am not sure if that is the right call but he is following a strategy so I am not going to complain.

yeah now he is finally playing well on clay maybe its a good detition keep playing on clay even though he doesnt play wimbledon this year. last year maybe too much pressure on him(just my opinion)

Sombrerero loco
06-02-2013, 08:28 PM
Last year it started on the Wednesday before qualifying so that sounds about right.

yeah a player told me it would start on 12nd-13rd so i hope he is right, but more or less must be around those days. i wonder who will play there!!

Brit Tennis Fan
06-02-2013, 11:28 PM
yeah a player told me it would start on 12nd-13rd so i hope he is right, but more or less must be around those days. i wonder who will play there!!

Don't know the precise details but the highest ranked X number of Brit players who don't get a MDWC or a QWC get to enter by right plus a number of wild cards, which normally go to youngsters. It is a 16 man draw with the last two players receiving a QWC.

Hellraiser
06-03-2013, 07:17 PM
So Brydan Klein gonna get MDWC or QWC?

;)

Sombrerero loco
06-03-2013, 08:09 PM
qwc but still unsure about if he will receive one

juddy96
06-05-2013, 12:01 AM
http://www.linfo.re/503785-Wimbledon-Mahut-et-Monfils-demandent-une-wild-card

Chance of Mahut getting a wild card?

supertom
06-05-2013, 03:02 AM
http://www.linfo.re/503785-Wimbledon-Mahut-et-Monfils-demandent-une-wild-card

Chance of Mahut getting a wild card?

I am surprised they are more surprised that Monfils asked the WC rather than mahut. I meant mahut can play qualies and has really worst ranking and results than Monfils. Yes he played the longest match ever, but it is a sufficient reason to give him a WC. As French I will be happy, but as a British i don t think so!

Sombrerero loco
06-05-2013, 07:54 AM
im not sure if they will give 2 md WCs to french players. lets wait but i d say only one would get one...

Southend Aussies
06-05-2013, 08:13 AM

Given his ranking, it would be ridiculous ti give him a qwc.

CooCooCachoo
06-06-2013, 07:56 PM
Given his ranking, it would be ridiculous ti give him a qwc.

Why?

Southend Aussies
06-06-2013, 10:08 PM
Because he's now close to the top 200. He should almost get into qualifying without a wildcard.

Sombrerero loco
06-06-2013, 10:52 PM
when the cut off was made he was ranked way lower so who cares what is his actual ranking. without a wc he wont get in...

Brit Tennis Fan
06-07-2013, 11:03 AM
So Brydan Klein gonna get MDWC or QWC?

;)

Well he certainly didn't do himself any favours yesterday in his match against Evans. Several LTA bigwigs were present and I doubt they will have been impressed by his on court behaviour, especially his being abusive towards both the umpire and the referee.

CooCooCachoo
06-07-2013, 09:00 PM
Because he's now close to the top 200. He should almost get into qualifying without a wildcard.

I thought that's what you meant but it makes no sense. Even if he were currently #1 he would need a QWC.

Sombrerero loco
06-07-2013, 10:03 PM
Well he certainly didn't do himself any favours yesterday in his match against Evans. Several LTA bigwigs were present and I doubt they will have been impressed by his on court behaviour, especially his being abusive towards both the umpire and the referee.

it was a very good week for brydan though, qualifying and winning one round before losing to a on fire dan evans

Chase Visa
06-09-2013, 12:21 AM
Who will pick up WC's?

Ace20
06-09-2013, 03:51 AM
Is there an Chance that Cameron Norrie Will get an QWC into Wimbledon

Brit Tennis Fan
06-09-2013, 08:59 AM
Is there an Chance that Cameron Norrie Will get an QWC into Wimbledon

Extremely unlikely but he will probably get a wild card into the wild card play off that will be played at the end of next week.

Sombrerero loco
06-09-2013, 10:07 AM
fitzpatrick is also out of the qwc choices for sure this year(he had one last year)

Brit Tennis Fan
06-09-2013, 05:16 PM
fitzpatrick is also out of the qwc choices for sure this year(he had one last year)

He only got one by luck last year. It was supposed to go to Luke Saville (Junior winner the year before) but they realised at the last minute that Saville had entered a futures event during the first week of the Wimbledon main draw so could not be given a qwc.

Sombrerero loco
06-09-2013, 06:10 PM
ummm but milton in 2011 also entered a future first week of wimbledon main draw and he received a qwc =S
anyway, fitzy won have a wc this year :hug:

Brit Tennis Fan
06-09-2013, 08:09 PM
ummm but milton in 2011 also entered a future first week of wimbledon main draw and he received a qwc =S

Think you will find that that was the second week of Wimbledon.

Sombrerero loco
06-09-2013, 08:23 PM
i think it was first week man. this year he is also playing one future(where he is defending runner up points) first main draw wimbledon week. does that mean he cant receive a qwc??

Brit Tennis Fan
06-09-2013, 11:35 PM
i think it was first week man.

I have just checked and he played a Spanish futures during the second week of Wimbledon 2011 but didn't play during week 1.

this year he is also playing one future(where he is defending runner up points) first main draw wimbledon week. does that mean he cant receive a qwc??

He is currently down to play a futures (again in Spain) during the first week of Wimbledon but the withdrawal deadline has not yet passed. My understanding is that he can't receive a qwc for Wimbledon if he is on the post withdrawal deadline acceptance list for the futures event. This is because at that point he has committed to playing the futures event and cannot withdraw from it to play in another event and technically Wimbledon qualifying counts as being the same week as the main draw starts (regardless of when it is actually played). This is what happened to Luke Saville last year.

CooCooCachoo
06-10-2013, 08:44 AM
i think it was first week man. this year he is also playing one future(where he is defending runner up points) first main draw wimbledon week. does that mean he cant receive a qwc??

He shouldn't get one if he can't be bothered to play qualies on grass tournaments and instead prefers to play Futures abroad. Doesn't show much of a commitment to the surface and therefore to Wimbledon.

Sombrerero loco
06-10-2013, 10:01 AM
He is currently down to play a futures (again in Spain) during the first week of Wimbledon but the withdrawal deadline has not yet passed. My understanding is that he can't receive a qwc for Wimbledon if he is on the post withdrawal deadline acceptance list for the futures event. This is because at that point he has committed to playing the futures event and cannot withdraw from it to play in another event and technically Wimbledon qualifying counts as being the same week as the main draw starts (regardless of when it is actually played). This is what happened to Luke Saville last year.
i dont think this is correct man. i mean, you will see several guys playing wimbledon qualies and playing next week(wimbledon main draw week 1) in marburg, or also on another futures...like herbert in the nederlands, just to tell an example

also, seems josh will play in the spanish future, he has played here last 2 years and he was a runner up here last year, indeed he had his best result currently on his ranking(20 points as this is 15k+H future). he has confirmed to the official website of the tournament he will play

Sombrerero loco
06-10-2013, 10:05 AM
He shouldn't get one if he can't be bothered to play qualies on grass tournaments and instead prefers to play Futures abroad. Doesn't show much of a commitment to the surface and therefore to Wimbledon.

i dont get your point, he played nottingham-1 qualies last week and received a main draw wc into nottingham-2 this week :confused:
plus last year he wasnt given a qwc to wimbledon, i d say unfairly because he broke his toe in the beginning of 2012 and thats why he lost a little bit of ranking that year

i d love him to play wimbledon qualies with a wc, but if i have to chose, i prefer the spanish future, where he got his best result in last 12 months, and where he is defending 20 points he wont earn at wimbledon qualies =P (he lost his 2 previous matches there quite easily indeed)

Brit Tennis Fan
06-10-2013, 10:24 AM
Yeah, I misremembered what happened with Saville last year and thus extrapolated incorrectly. Saville was barred from receiving a wild card because he was on the entry list for an event during qualifying week.

Sombrerero loco
06-10-2013, 10:30 AM
yeah, the thing is that future milton is playing will be played too by steven diez or arnau brugues-davi, who are playing wimbledon qualies(at least i think so =P)

anyway, coming back to the topic, wcs will be announced really soon as this week will be played that qwc playoff

Brit Tennis Fan
06-10-2013, 10:43 AM
Wild card play off starts on Thursday.

outrider
06-10-2013, 10:56 AM
I really hope they will give the QWCs to promising youg players like Edmund or Ward-Hibbert and guys who did well on the Future circuit like Farquharson instead of mugs like Milton, Thornley or Rice.

Sombrerero loco
06-10-2013, 11:06 AM
I really hope they will give the QWCs to promising youg players like Edmund or Ward-Hibbert and guys who did well on the Future circuit like Farquharson instead of mugs like Milton, Thornley or Rice.

how he did "well" at future circuit?
rice has 2 singles titles this season so far and 4 doubles titles...thornley is mostly a doubles player right now so i dont think they would give him a qwc at all. and milton also has way better results at future tour than farquharson :unsure:

farquharson has reached 3 future semifinals this year, but he hasnt played a future singles final on his whole career i think, so there is no way he has better results at future tour than the "mugs" you say...

Sombrerero loco
06-10-2013, 11:08 AM
broady, edmund and ward hibbert are sure to have a qwc imo. also, i would say smethy and milton would receive one if they won today, but that doesnt look easy right now =P

lolada_4
06-10-2013, 11:51 AM
Nalbandian will get a WC? :)

jonnyboy21
06-10-2013, 11:55 AM
Will Alex Ward get a QWC?

Rick Rude
06-10-2013, 12:51 PM
No.
Will Alex Ward get a QWC?
No.
(He played a Clay challenger last week, is playing a Clay challenger this week and is an alternate for both Challengers next week).

Sombrerero loco
06-10-2013, 01:04 PM
yeah alex ward seems to do the same as golding this year, playing on clay instead of the grass season. well, alex wouldnt have got a qwc anyway, i think

Brit Tennis Fan
06-10-2013, 01:16 PM
Neil Harman (Times Journalist) has tweeted that Wild cards are announced tomorrow.

Sombrerero loco
06-10-2013, 01:25 PM

wasnt he having a surgery and will be out for months though? he didnt even signed for wimbledon qualies

CooCooCachoo
06-10-2013, 02:09 PM
i dont get your point, he played nottingham-1 qualies last week and received a main draw wc into nottingham-2 this week :confused:
plus last year he wasnt given a qwc to wimbledon, i d say unfairly because he broke his toe in the beginning of 2012 and thats why he lost a little bit of ranking that year

i d love him to play wimbledon qualies with a wc, but if i have to chose, i prefer the spanish future, where he got his best result in last 12 months, and where he is defending 20 points he wont earn at wimbledon qualies =P (he lost his 2 previous matches there quite easily indeed)

Sorry, I inferred from the posts before mine that he was in Futures rather than in Nottingham 1 and 2 (didn't check the draws). Anyways, his loss to Sugita should put a stop to any QWC chances. Poor W/L record in Futures and only winning three games on grass against an out-of-form player should not be awarded with a WC.

Sombrerero loco
06-10-2013, 02:11 PM
yeah, you are right. even being his number 1 fan in the world, i know very well he doesnt deserve a qwc at all given his today´s performance. having said this, i really hope he will be given one though :P

CooCooCachoo
06-10-2013, 02:11 PM
how he did "well" at future circuit?
rice has 2 singles titles this season so far and 4 doubles titles...thornley is mostly a doubles player right now so i dont think they would give him a qwc at all. and milton also has way better results at future tour than farquharson :unsure:

farquharson has reached 3 future semifinals this year, but he hasnt played a future singles final on his whole career i think, so there is no way he has better results at future tour than the "mugs" you say...

Farquharson W/L this year in Futures: 65.63% (21/32)
Milton: 50.00% (13/26)

I'd also rather see Farquharson with a QWC.

Rice and Thornley will be snubbed again for a doubles WC, I'm guessing :tape:

Sombrerero loco
06-10-2013, 02:14 PM
yeah, but milton has some future finals on his rankings, while farquharson hasnt played a future singles final in all his life. you cant say he has better futures result than rice or milton at all

CooCooCachoo
06-10-2013, 02:46 PM
yeah, but milton has some future finals on his rankings, while farquharson hasnt played a future singles final in all his life. you cant say he has better futures result than rice or milton at all

But WCs - for young and local players at least - are awarded on the basis of current results not past achievements. And if we do look at past achievements, Farquharson is a former boys' doubles champion at Wimbledon whereas Milton wasn't an accomplished juniors player. Farquharson is also two years younger. I think you can't convincingly claim that Milton > Farquharson this year.

Sombrerero loco
06-10-2013, 03:20 PM
well this year, means last 12 months, not only this 6 months in 2012. but yeah, milton´s form has been quite awful this season so far, having said this, he had reached a final which is more tham farquharson has done

the title at junior in doubles 2 years ago is ok, but not that much imo. also, he is not 2 years younger but 3 =P yeah, i get your point, and as i said, josh doesnt deserve the qwc right now, i accept this. but i hope they will give him one =P

outrider
06-10-2013, 03:30 PM
Even guys like Coupland, Burn or Gabb would be better choices than Milton or Rice.

I have another possible name: Jonny O'Mara. But i guess he will try the Playoffs this week.

The Prince
06-10-2013, 05:25 PM
I will be disappointed if Milton gets a QWC and a promising junior is snubbed.

outrider
06-10-2013, 06:00 PM
Another question: What happened to Chris Eaton? The guy is a clown but he is a decent grass court player. I can remeber that he did well last year. Is he injured?

CooCooCachoo
06-10-2013, 06:26 PM
Another question: What happened to Chris Eaton? The guy is a clown but he is a decent grass court player. I can remeber that he did well last year. Is he injured?

Apparently he's very involved in the Touch Tennis thing :shrug:

Brit Tennis Fan
06-10-2013, 07:08 PM
Even guys like Coupland, Burn or Gabb would be better choices than Milton or Rice.

I have another possible name: Jonny O'Mara. But i guess he will try the Playoffs this week.

Burn hasn't played for months, I think he is involved in coaching. I like Gabb but grass isn't his surface. Coupland could do so damage but is probably down the pecking order.

As for O'Mara, I like the guy, he is a good prospect but it would be a huge step up for him.

Sombrerero loco
06-10-2013, 07:27 PM
talking about not playing and coaching instead, thats what feaver is doing, he left tennis. dont know about burn though, sorry

juddy96
06-10-2013, 07:30 PM
Who I think would be good for QWC:

Corrie
Farquharson
Rice
Ward-Hibbert
Broady
Edmund

Sombrerero loco
06-10-2013, 07:32 PM
plus peliwo, whose qwc is confirmed already, and 2 more haha :P

CooCooCachoo
06-10-2013, 07:39 PM
talking about not playing and coaching instead, thats what feaver is doing, he left tennis. dont know about burn though, sorry

I saw Feaver's last professional match then :tape: :spit:

Sombrerero loco
06-10-2013, 07:42 PM
where? :lol:
well it seems he got his knee injured and cant play anymore at pro level. he is now coaching and travelling yet, but he wont play the future tour again :hug:

Sombrerero loco
06-10-2013, 10:30 PM
bold prediction: brydan klein will receive a mdwc tomorrow

Brit Tennis Fan
06-10-2013, 11:36 PM
bold prediction: brydan klein will receive a mdwc tomorrow

If that happens the LTA will have a fucking riot on their hands, and rightly so. Even forgetting his despicable behaviour it would be absurd for the LTA to recommend a wild card for someone who has changed their nationality for the blatantly cynical purposes. When you throw in his behaviour it would be utter madness. The publicity would be appalling and I can assure you that within minutes of it happening several prominent people in British tennis would be talking to every journalist in their contact book.

Brit Tennis Fan
06-10-2013, 11:38 PM
Who I think would be good for QWC:

Corrie
Farquharson
Rice
Ward-Hibbert
Broady
Edmund

Corrie and Edmund are absolute locks for a qwc. The others all have a chance but objectively speaking Broady shouldn't get one.

CooCooCachoo
06-11-2013, 05:49 AM
where? :lol:
well it seems he got his knee injured and cant play anymore at pro level. he is now coaching and travelling yet, but he wont play the future tour again :hug:

Scheveningen.

To be fair, he didn't have it in him to rise much further up the rankings I think.

CooCooCachoo
06-11-2013, 05:51 AM
Corrie and Edmund are absolute locks for a qwc. The others all have a chance but objectively speaking Broady shouldn't get one.

I am a bit disappointed in the lack of progress Liam has made this year, so I am inclined to agree that he doesn't deserve one based solely on recent performances. But he has a great record on grass in juniors and he put in a decent performance against Fabbiano last year.

CooCooCachoo
06-11-2013, 05:51 AM
If that happens the LTA will have a fucking riot on their hands, and rightly so. Even forgetting his despicable behaviour it would be absurd for the LTA to recommend a wild card for someone who has changed their nationality for the blatantly cynical purposes. When you throw in his behaviour it would be utter madness. The publicity would be appalling and I can assure you that within minutes of it happening several prominent people in British tennis would be talking to every journalist in their contact book.

The thought of the British tennis elite rioting is so hilarious that I almost would want it to happen :o

TalTennis
06-11-2013, 07:35 AM
I was at Wimbledon in 1995 when Greg Rusedski changed his nationality and caused a mini commotion, but to call this a riot? well... I don't think they regret having Rusedski, in retrospect. For example, he was much more loyal to Britain's Davis Cup team than Tim Henman.

When they asked Andre Agassi about his opinion on it at the time, Agassi said "I just like to follow his attempts to pick up the accent."

outrider
06-11-2013, 07:46 AM
My objective point of view

MDWCs for:

1. Baker
2. Evans
3. J. Ward
4. Goodall
5. Klein
6. ?
7. ?
8. ?

QWCs for:

1. Edmund
2. Corrie
3. Peliwo (confirmed)
4. Ward-Hibbert
5. Rice
6. Broady
7. Bloomfield
8. Cox
9. Smethurst

Brit Tennis Fan
06-11-2013, 08:06 AM
I was at Wimbledon in 1995 when Greg Rusedski changed his nationality and caused a mini commotion, but to call this a riot? well... I don't think they regret having Rusedski, in retrospect. For example, he was much more loyal to Britain's Davis Cup team than Tim Henman.

When they asked Andre Agassi about his opinion on it at the time, Agassi said "I just like to follow his attempts to pick up the accent."

The Klein situation, while having similarities, is somewhat different to the Rusedski one.

Brit Tennis Fan
06-11-2013, 08:10 AM
My objective point of view

MDWCs for:

1. Baker
2. Evans
3. J. Ward
4. Goodall
5. Klein
6. ?
7. ?
8. ?

QWCs for:

1. Edmund
2. Corrie
3. Peliwo (confirmed)
4. Ward-Hibbert
5. Rice
6. Broady
7. Bloomfield
8. Cox
9. Smethurst

Don't forget that 2 qwc will be determined by the play off and that Matthew Ebden will probably get a MDWC for winning the Nottingham challenger, same goes for whoever wins the Nottingham-2 challenger (if they need one).

I also don't see how they could possibly justify a MDWC for Goodall. He is 390 in the race and has had an awful, awful year. It would be rewarding failure and a kick in the teeth to a guy like Corrie who has a good year so far.

outrider
06-11-2013, 08:14 AM
Oh yes, you are right.
So the winner and runner-up of the playoffs will get a QWC?

Brit Tennis Fan
06-11-2013, 08:41 AM
Oh yes, you are right.
So the winner and runner-up of the playoffs will get a QWC?

There isn't actually a winner of the play off. It is a 16 man draw and they play three rounds leaving 2 players to get a QWC.

Sombrerero loco
06-11-2013, 09:47 AM
Scheveningen.

To be fair, he didn't have it in him to rise much further up the rankings I think.

yeah...i mean he wasnt that bad but i think he played just for fun. he was more worried about getting naked as much as possible every day instead of training and putting the effort :P similar to willis these last 2 years...(he changed this lately though)

Sombrerero loco
06-11-2013, 09:49 AM

broady is way worse this year than last year and even in 2011, but i think he will get the qwc for sure. he is one of their best prospects after all. talent is there

Sombrerero loco
06-11-2013, 09:56 AM

im sorry for you, but i really think brydan will receive that mdwc. we will now it today though :P

Rick Rude
06-11-2013, 10:00 AM
My guess:

MDWCs for:

1. J. Ward
2. Evans
3. Baker
4. Corrie
5. Edmund
6. Monfils
7. Ebden
8. ? (They may chuck one to either Sela or Kyrgios)

QWCs for:

1. Smethurst
2. Rice
3. Ward-Hibbert
4. Broady
5. Peliwo
6. Playoff
7. Playoff
8. ?
9. ?

Brit Tennis Fan
06-11-2013, 10:08 AM
im sorry for you, but i really think brydan will receive that mdwc. we will now it today though :P

Well like I said, if it happens there is going to absolute outrage.

Hansen
06-11-2013, 02:29 PM
Can it be right danish Doubles winner last year F. Nielsen will get a Q-Wildcard?

Sombrerero loco
06-11-2013, 02:37 PM
yeah, looks likely in my opinion. would be a great new too :)

Sombrerero loco
06-11-2013, 02:46 PM
I am a bit disappointed in the lack of progress Liam has made this year, so I am inclined to agree that he doesn't deserve one based solely on recent performances. But he has a great record on grass in juniors and he put in a decent performance against Fabbiano last year.

its not only he is not improving, but he is going backward...last year he was better than this year. even 2 years ago he was better than this year =( i hope he can change soon his situation, as he is so talented, imo

juddy96
06-11-2013, 03:04 PM
its not only he is not improving, but he is going backward...last year he was better than this year. even 2 years ago he was better than this year =( i hope he can change soon his situation, as he is so talented, imo

Its not hard to lose a lot when you draw Safwat first or 2nd round every time in Egypt lol. Yes he hasnt been improving, but hes been getting pretty unlucky lately with his draws. If he gets a soft draw soon and capitalizes upon it, maybe thats all he needs to jumpstart it back it up again.

Sombrerero loco
06-11-2013, 03:09 PM
that happened a few times, but he has been losing all the season, not only to that guy and not only in egypt :P

CooCooCachoo
06-11-2013, 07:04 PM
Sky News has an article on this year's wild cards, but it's one of the worst articles ever written :tape:

http://news.sky.com/story/1102144/wimbledon-decides-on-wild-card-players

Hypnotize
06-11-2013, 07:50 PM
I thought the WCs were being announced today? Is there any word on who received them yet? :confused:

outrider
06-11-2013, 07:53 PM
I guess David Rice will get a QWC for sure after the sick win today. Should be a lock.

Brit Tennis Fan
06-11-2013, 07:55 PM
I thought the WCs were being announced today? Is there any word on who received them yet? :confused:

the announcement was delayed till tomorrow.

Hypnotize
06-11-2013, 08:21 PM
the announcement was delayed till tomorrow.

Okay thanks.

outrider
06-11-2013, 09:00 PM
MDD WC for Skupski/Skupski? Seems possible.
Rice/Thornley surely will play Q like last year.

cheikh75
06-12-2013, 07:50 AM
It is not a big surprise but Nicolas Mahut is getting a wild card

Drewmcnal
06-12-2013, 10:31 AM
monfils?

CooCooCachoo
06-12-2013, 11:11 AM
Mahut getting a WC solely for a match he lost :lol: Even though his form has been terrible this year, at least he knows how to play on grass and there are some signs of improvement.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/marathon-man-mahut-awarded-wild-card-wimbledon-102538061.html

CooCooCachoo
06-12-2013, 11:22 AM
Kudla into the third round of Queen's. Maybe in with a slight chance? I could see them withholding one or two WCs based on this week's events (Halle, Queen's, Nottingham II) and to give them to the next-in alternates if nothing materializes.

I'm also thinking Nielsen will get a QWC. He'll be massively popular (as far as massively popular is possible with the tiny crowds in Roehampton ;)) and actually stands a decent chance of qualifying.

Sombrerero loco
06-12-2013, 11:38 AM
i really hope freddie receives that qwc :bowdown:

Mahqz
06-12-2013, 11:40 AM
Mahut getting a WC solely for a match he lost :lol: Even though his form has been terrible this year, at least he knows how to play on grass and there are some signs of improvement.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/marathon-man-mahut-awarded-wild-card-wimbledon-102538061.html

If he beats Murray today he deserves it. :lol:

Gliese581
06-12-2013, 12:27 PM
Yeah, I hope freddie gets a QWC. If there is one slam he could qualify at it is Wimbledon. No word on Evans and Ward yet?

Sombrerero loco
06-12-2013, 12:31 PM
wcs announced:
MD:
ebden
mahut
james ward
edmund
4 tba

doubles:
baker-edmund
delgado-ebden
rice-thornley
2 tba

Hansen
06-12-2013, 12:49 PM
Frederik don't got one, I most have heard it wrong what was said on TV :o

QUALIFYING GENTLEMEN’S SINGLES

1.BAKER, Jamie (GBR)

2.BOGDANOVIC, Alex (GBR)

3.CORRIE, Edward (GBR)

4.EVANS, Daniel (GBR)

5.GOODALL, Josh (GBR)

6.PELIWO, Filip (CAN)

7.WARD HIBBERT, Joshua (GBR)

8.Wild card Play-off place

9.Wild card Play-off place

TSPTennis
06-12-2013, 12:51 PM
Only a QWC for Evans? Can they upgrade it at their discrepancy after beating Nieminen?

TSPTennis
06-12-2013, 12:52 PM
Although I suppose on this form he may well qualify, which will boost his world rankings...

Gliese581
06-12-2013, 01:21 PM
Frederik don't got one, I most have heard it wrong what was said on TV :o

QUALIFYING GENTLEMEN’S SINGLES

1.BAKER, Jamie (GBR)

2.BOGDANOVIC, Alex (GBR)

3.CORRIE, Edward (GBR)

4.EVANS, Daniel (GBR)

5.GOODALL, Josh (GBR)

6.PELIWO, Filip (CAN)

7.WARD HIBBERT, Joshua (GBR)

8.Wild card Play-off place

9.Wild card Play-off place

That is a complete and total joke. Ward gets a wild card into the main draw but dan has to qualify?. Okay, yes I was hoping james would get one but come on! Dan has just taken out 3 top 100 players in the last 2 weeks and one top 50 and he still gets overlooked fo the main draw?.I am pissed.

Please tell me they can change their mind

Yes on this form Dan really could/should qualify anyway but he could also get the draw from hell and lose in round 1.

Brit Tennis Fan
06-12-2013, 01:40 PM
Yes on this form Dan really could/should qualify anyway but he could also get the draw from hell and lose in round 1.

Not only that, but if he has to qualify he won't be able to play Eastbourne.

Sombrerero loco
06-12-2013, 01:58 PM
That is a complete and total joke. Ward gets a wild card into the main draw but dan has to qualify?. Okay, yes I was hoping james would get one but come on! Dan has just taken out 3 top 100 players in the last 2 weeks and one top 50 and he still gets overlooked fo the main draw?.I am pissed.

Please tell me they can change their mind

i agree. total shame evans isnt given one after what he is doing this week(and also last week). real shame...
also, smethy should have been given a qwc, imo

Sombrerero loco
06-12-2013, 02:08 PM
Only a QWC for Evans? Can they upgrade it at their discrepancy after beating Nieminen?

i hope so, but doesnt look likely. they postponed the announcement until today and they do this stupid choice :facepalm:

Brit Tennis Fan
06-12-2013, 02:17 PM
Rumours floating round that Evans has been denied a MDWC due to an "incident" at Nottingham last week.

Sombrerero loco
06-12-2013, 02:23 PM
which incident are you talking about?

Gliese581
06-12-2013, 02:28 PM
Rumours floating round that Evans has been denied a MDWC due to an "incident" at Nottingham last week.

what incident?

TSPTennis
06-12-2013, 02:30 PM
With the points from last week, 3rd round at Queens, possibly at least 2nd round next week at Eastbourne and, with the right draw, a 2nd round entry at Wimbledon, Evans could have been right up in the mix for the top 200. Instead he will now be an unseeded wildcard into the qualifiers, could draw a Ben Becker, Jiri Vesely or Vasek Pospisil straight away and be eliminated!

supertom
06-12-2013, 02:33 PM
Monfils gives up for the WC in Wimbledon for "personal reason" (info L equipe).. What s wrong with him????

Mahqz
06-12-2013, 02:36 PM
Monfils gives up for the WC in Wimbledon for "personal reason" (info L equipe).. What s wrong with him????

Probably a tactical decision to get rid of zero pointer?

Hellraiser
06-12-2013, 02:39 PM
Bogdanovic with QWC

what a waste...

Brit Tennis Fan
06-12-2013, 02:43 PM
which incident are you talking about?

I have no idea what the supposed "incident" involves but it is rumoured that he did something which has caused him to once again be in the LTA's bad books. It certainly can't relate to anything that happened on court because I watched all 3 of his matches and nothing major happened.

TSPTennis
06-12-2013, 02:47 PM
I'm glad to see Brydan Klein hasn't been given the Johanna Konta treatment. Klein certainly had an "incident" at Nottingham!

The LTA can't consistently moan about the lack of decent British players and then only award TWO British main draw wildcards!

Ace20
06-12-2013, 02:50 PM
wow Liam Broady didn't get an QWC guess he have to play the playoff but still shocking but very happy Josh HIBBERT got one

Brit Tennis Fan
06-12-2013, 02:51 PM
I'm glad to see Brydan Klein hasn't been given the Johanna Konta treatment. Klein certainly had an "incident" at Nottingham!

The LTA can't consistently moan about the lack of decent British players and then only award TWO British main draw wildcards!

Agree on both points.

Not to mention that while I am happy to see Kyle Edmund get a wild card he has very little chance of winning a match unless he gets a really soft draw. In current form Evans would be in with a shout against anyone bar the very top players.

Brit Tennis Fan
06-12-2013, 02:55 PM
wow Liam Broady didn't get an QWC guess he have to play the playoff but still shocking but very happy Josh HIBBERT got one

Not shocking at all. His form this year has been hopeless.

TNX1.0E6TOPCA
06-12-2013, 02:58 PM
OUT Monfils personal reasons (Source Eurosport)

Sombrerero loco
06-12-2013, 02:59 PM
I have no idea what the supposed "incident" involves but it is rumoured that he did something which has caused him to once again be in the LTA's bad books. It certainly can't relate to anything that happened on court because I watched all 3 of his matches and nothing major happened.

thanks for the info :P

Gliese581
06-12-2013, 03:00 PM

Given his heroics in davis cup and performances recently i would have expected the LTA to be able to overlook whatever off court antics he gets in to. Peopl are going to have lives. He has made alot of progress and is in good form. Sounds like they are being petty to me

Sombrerero loco
06-12-2013, 03:00 PM

yeah, sad news liam didnt get one =( worst wcs for my players in a few years here in wimbledon....

TSPTennis
06-12-2013, 03:03 PM
Agree on both points.

Not to mention that while I am happy to see Kyle Edmund get a wild card he has very little chance of winning a match unless he gets a really soft draw. In current form Evans would be in with a shout against anyone bar the very top players.

I think Edmund would benefit more from a few matches against players of a challenger level in the Qualis than chucking him into possibly a centre /no1 court environment where he will be destroyed and lose all self-confidence.

It would make the inevitable step-up from Futures to Challengers easier, without hurting his confidence, or making him over-confident (see Golding / Evans as previous examples)

Sombrerero loco
06-12-2013, 03:07 PM
I think Edmund would benefit more from a few matches against players of a challenger level in the Qualis than chucking him into possibly a centre /no1 court environment where he will be destroyed and lose all self-confidence.

It would make the inevitable step-up from Futures to Challengers easier, without hurting his confidence, or making him over-confident (see Golding / Evans as previous examples)

yeah, look at golding last year and look at him now. they didnt make him any favour with that mdwc last year, should have played the qualies like in 2011, where indeed he did pretty well =) very well i d say

Brit Tennis Fan
06-12-2013, 03:09 PM

That is a worry but I think the general belief is that Kyle can handle it. He is considerably more mature than either Golding or Broady were at his age, hell he is a lot more mature than they are now.

Sombrerero loco
06-12-2013, 03:09 PM

oh come on. he deserved to play the qualies at least, im so sad he didnt get any wc at all. its really sad

Hypnotize
06-12-2013, 03:21 PM
oh come on. he deserved to play the qualies at least, im so sad he didnt get any wc at all. its really sad
Why did he deserve any kind of WC? He's not even British and only switched nationalities recently. Let him play for this country for at least a year then he may be eligible for one. Added to that, he also has a serious attitude problem so he needs to prove he has matured and made amends for his previous conduct before he gets any special treatment.

If you think he is such a great prospect (which he clearly isn't), tweet him and tell him to play for your country. Britain doesn't even want him. ;)

I'm glad Evans only got a QWC. He's another player with a bad attitude who has squandered the numerous opportunities he has been given. Unless he wins a few more rounds at Queens and gets upgraded to a MDWC, this is the right decision. It will do him good to earn his place in the draw and he stands a good chance of doing it as his game suits grass.

Ace20
06-12-2013, 03:22 PM
Not shocking at all. His form this year has been hopeless.

True But I would Have thought He Would atleast gotta a QWC

Ace20
06-12-2013, 03:23 PM
yeah, sad news liam didnt get one =( worst wcs for my players in a few years here in wimbledon....

Do you think he will be playing Wimbledon Pre Qualifying, I know Cameron Norrie playing it

Sombrerero loco
06-12-2013, 03:30 PM
Do you think he will be playing Wimbledon Pre Qualifying, I know Cameron Norrie playing it

yeah, i think liam will be there. willis and milton also ;)

Sombrerero loco
06-12-2013, 03:31 PM
That is a worry but I think the general belief is that Kyle can handle it. He is considerably more mature than either Golding or Broady were at his age, hell he is a lot more mature than they are now.

sorry but why is oliver immature? i think he is a mature guy if you ask me =S

outrider
06-12-2013, 03:32 PM
Good decision to give Goodall a QWC. He doesn't deserve a MDWC.

Brit Tennis Fan
06-12-2013, 03:35 PM
Good decision to give Goodall a QWC. He doesn't deserve a MDWC.

A QWC was more than he deserved.

Sombrerero loco
06-12-2013, 03:39 PM
poor goodall. he will probably retire this season, doesnt deserve this on his last year as a pro =(

Hypnotize
06-12-2013, 03:51 PM
Wimbledon WCs shouldn't be awarded on a charitable basis. :facepalm:

outrider
06-12-2013, 03:52 PM
Goodall is a clown. Look at his results this year. Never deserved a MDWC. QWC only because he had couple of decent results on grass in the past otherwise he shouldn't get any WC.

btw: Why not a MDD WC for Skupski/Skupski? Makes no sense at all.

Sombrerero loco
06-12-2013, 03:56 PM
Wimbledon WCs shouldn't be awarded on a charitable basis. :facepalm:

yeah, but goodall deserves a decent exit on his country i think. there are like 4 mdwcs which will not even be given, yet you have very few british players in md... dan evans at least should have given one. and goodall deserves a qwc

outrider
06-12-2013, 04:01 PM
It would be ok if they would have given MDWCs to Goodall, Baker and Evans because three other players would have the chance to qualify. I am thinking about Farquharson, Coupland or Willis. But it's ok. If you look at the results in 2013 Goodall doesn't deserve a QWC more than guys like Farquharson, Willis or Gabb. Gabb defeated Goodall twice. Farquharson lost to Bernard Tomic in 2009 at Wimbledon R3 36 46. So he is a decent prospect.

Hypnotize
06-12-2013, 04:37 PM
yeah, but goodall deserves a decent exit on his country i think. there are like 4 mdwcs which will not even be given, yet you have very few british players in md... dan evans at least should have given one. and goodall deserves a qwc
As I said in an earlier post, Evans has a bad attitude and has squandered the numerous opportunities he has been given in the past. When he stops behaving like the spoiled brat he is, he can get a WC and making him earn his place in the draw will actually do him some good.

Why does Goodall deserve a decent exit? It's not like he is some Davis Cup hero who has brought our country glory or a player who has a good history at the tournament. If he wants a decent exit, he can get his ranking up and qualify next year. A crazy concept I know. :rolleyes:

Gliese581
06-12-2013, 06:00 PM
As I said in an earlier post, Evans has a bad attitude and has squandered the numerous opportunities he has been given in the past. When he stops behaving like the spoiled brat he is, he can get a WC and making him earn his place in the draw will actually do him some good.

Why does Goodall deserve a decent exit? It's not like he is some Davis Cup hero who has brought our country glory or a player who has a good history at the tournament. If he wants a decent exit, he can get his ranking up and qualify next year. A crazy concept I know. :rolleyes:

I am not sure what you mean by numerous chances. He has been given a wild card only twice before

the first time he drew davydenko and, yeah thats a good draw on grass but you can chalk it up to inexperience that he lost. In 2011 he got Florian mayer in the first round which is a horrible draw on grass and he still gave a very good account of himself in taking him to 4 sets.

we are also talking about this year and the success he's had warranting some attention. He's done alot of good things on home soil this year and he sure as hell deserves one more than james ward at this point or kyle edmund. He has a bit of an attitude but if he really is putting in the work now on his game than I would think that should be rewarded.

The LTA might want to punish him for his bad attitude but they dont have alot to choose from and i hardly think sending someone inexperienced at this level is a smarter choice.To often we see young talent being thrown to the wolves and getting embarrased in the main draw and thats probably going to happen again unless he gets a very friendly draw.

Ace20
06-12-2013, 07:08 PM
Nick Kyrgios Has a MDWC into If i right ?

CooCooCachoo
06-12-2013, 08:04 PM
Four TBA? :o And no MD WC for Dan Evans :tape:

Bogdanovic and Goodall don't deserve the QWCs in my opinion. Time for them to make room for new players.

CooCooCachoo
06-12-2013, 08:05 PM

Evans seems to be making quite a lot of improvements:

www.express.co.uk/sport/tennis/406607/Dan-Evans-dodges-early-eviction-from-the-AEGON-Championships

Henry Chinaski
06-12-2013, 08:38 PM
sorry but why is oliver immature? i think he is a mature guy if you ask me =S

when golding was that age he moved to mexico to be near his girlfriend.

very mature, yes.

Brit Tennis Fan
06-12-2013, 09:15 PM
Draw for the play off that will determine the last two QWC

http://lta.tournamentsoftware.com/sport/draw.aspx?id=2ADEA866-86C0-4D62-B305-CD57DA535141&draw=1

supertom
06-12-2013, 09:25 PM
4 TBA? What does it mean? Obviously, they will not go for British players if there is a selection for 2 QWC.. What a mess.

Sombrerero loco
06-12-2013, 09:30 PM
when golding was that age he moved to mexico to be near his girlfriend.

very mature, yes.

how old is edmung? when oli did that, he was younger than kyle is now...
plus in mexico he didnt have the same pressure he has in the UK...also he speaks perfect spanish now because of that and improved on clay

Sombrerero loco
06-12-2013, 09:36 PM
Evans seems to be making quite a lot of improvements:

www.express.co.uk/sport/tennis/406607/Dan-Evans-dodges-early-eviction-from-the-AEGON-Championships

i dont know why he has those attitude problems, but he is not the only one out there on the british youngsters. marcus willis has had 2-3 years with the same, becoming unfit, becoming worse every year...thanks god this year he has changed lots of things(actually last part of 2012 he did) and is becoming fitter and finally getting good results =D

Sombrerero loco
06-12-2013, 09:37 PM
Draw for the play off that will determine the last two QWC

http://lta.tournamentsoftware.com/sport/draw.aspx?id=2ADEA866-86C0-4D62-B305-CD57DA535141&draw=1

amazing draw, really. josh is second seed but broady in the first round could be tricky, willis in the second also. will be really intereseting to catch up the results. also fitzy will play, he will miss some money for not playing these days in german league...good luck to him...

CooCooCachoo
06-12-2013, 09:45 PM
Very strong draw, much better than the women's draw.

There's a bunch of guys that could take this. I am rooting for Liam, but I think there's no chance whatsoever.

I really hope Brydan doesn't make it through, but he is a top favorite for sure.

Sombrerero loco
06-12-2013, 09:46 PM
4 TBA? What does it mean? Obviously, they will not go for British players if there is a selection for 2 QWC.. What a mess.

probably it does mean they wont give the wcs to anyone :P but they can still give some more ones...

CooCooCachoo
06-12-2013, 09:50 PM
I think they will have to give Dan Evans one. There's no way around it.

Sombrerero loco
06-12-2013, 09:59 PM
I think they will have to give Dan Evans one. There's no way around it.

yeah, i agree. after his performance in queens, not giving one to him is a big shame. also, because that means he wont be able to play eastbourne if he has to play wimbledon qualies...

Ace20
06-12-2013, 10:22 PM
Damn I hate that Liam & Cameron on the same side

Brit Tennis Fan
06-13-2013, 12:03 AM
also, its not funny joking about a player calling him immature for no reason. im not getting defensive, im just speaking the truth =S

I was the one who started this and I didn't actually call Oli immature, I said the Kyle was more mature than he was, which is frankly a blatantly obvious observation. Oli isn't too bad but just look at his twitter feed, the guy is constantly moaning about things and frequently gives the impression of not realising how lucky he is. Or you could ask Fitzy about their twitter row last year where Oli was a total ass. Kyle on the other hand is really sensible lad who is professional, polite and courteous in everything he says and does in public.

Of course if you want really immature then the Broady is your man, or should I say, your petulant child.

matt176116
06-13-2013, 12:51 AM
probably it does mean they wont give the wcs to anyone :P but they can still give some more ones...

If they choose not to give the wildcards who is given the spot in the main draw

smucav
06-13-2013, 02:43 AM
http://www.tennis.com/pro-game/2013/06/monfils-reaches-halle-quarterfinals-says-hell-skip-wimbledon/47892/#.UbkxFJyWZq4After defeating Czech qualifier Jan Hernych 6-2, 6-3, Monfils said he withdrew his request for a Wimbledon wild card because he had to deal with a personal problem that could not be delayed. He didn't elaborate.

CooCooCachoo
06-13-2013, 05:55 AM
I was the one who started this and I didn't actually call Oli immature, I said the Kyle was more mature than he was, which is frankly a blatantly obvious observation. Oli isn't too bad but just look at his twitter feed, the guy is constantly moaning about things and frequently gives the impression of not realising how lucky he is. Or you could ask Fitzy about their twitter row last year where Oli was a total ass. Kyle on the other hand is really sensible lad who is professional, polite and courteous in everything he says and does in public.

Of course if you want really immature then the Broady is your man, or should I say, your petulant child.

Another way of reading these things is to say that Edmund lacks a personality.

Liam petulant? I can see him being more feisty than some others, but I find the petulance hard to imagine.

Brit Tennis Fan
06-13-2013, 08:09 AM
Another way of reading these things is to say that Edmund lacks a personality.

Liam petulant? I can see him being more feisty than some others, but I find the petulance hard to imagine.

Nah, Kyle is great kid. Being a polite and well behaved young man is not mutually exclusive to having a personality.

As for Liam, you should have seen him at the Bath futures earlier this year. It was like watching a child having a temper tantrum.

CooCooCachoo
06-13-2013, 08:49 AM
Nah, Kyle is great kid. Being a polite and well behaved young man is not mutually exclusive to having a personality.

As for Liam, you should have seen him at the Bath futures earlier this year. It was like watching a child having a temper tantrum.

I saw Edmund only once, at Roehampton last year, and based on that I wouldn't be surprised if the pallor is not limited to his skin :p But I won't jump to conclusions :cool:

On court, right? I can't imagine him being petulant off court at all. Seems like a really good lad.

Brit Tennis Fan
06-13-2013, 08:59 AM
I saw Edmund only once, at Roehampton last year, and based on that I wouldn't be surprised if the pallor is not limited to his skin :p But I won't jump to conclusions :cool:

On court, right? I can't imagine him being petulant off court at all. Seems like a really good lad.

Yes, Liam is a nice lad off court, but on court he really needs to do a lot of growing up. He is completely incapable of dealing with disappointments when he isn't playing well.

TSPTennis
06-13-2013, 09:10 AM
Why is Klein playing in this? I thought he was already in the quali draw through his WR?!?!!

Brit Tennis Fan
06-13-2013, 09:14 AM
Why is Klein playing in this? I thought he was already in the quali draw through his WR?!?!!

His ranking didn't get him into qualifying. It was about 270 at the relevant week.

Sombrerero loco
06-13-2013, 09:17 AM
If they choose not to give the wildcards who is given the spot in the main draw

alternates^^

Sombrerero loco
06-13-2013, 09:44 AM

Of course if you want really immature then the Broady is your man, or should I say, your petulant child.yeah, i was answering to henry mostly haha
anyway, for me its not that obvious kyle edmund is more mature than him because i dont know him at all. but if you know both of them, i will buy it. but oli is not immature at all, indeed he is really nice with all the people =S dont know about edmund but its difficult to be nicer than oli is. agree sometimes looks childish on his twitter, like complaining about the strikes yesterday

liam actually is nice too. well he is more immature than oli i d say, but also a nice man he is haha. and he is waaaaaay crazier :P

Gliese581
06-13-2013, 12:02 PM
yeah, i agree. after his performance in queens, not giving one to him is a big shame. also, because that means he wont be able to play eastbourne if he has to play wimbledon qualies...

I think it is more to do with the fact that of the 6 wild cards they can give they'll have only given 2 which is pretty bad even for them.

Brit Tennis Fan
06-13-2013, 12:31 PM
Couple of results from the wild card play off, round 1

Willis bt Cox 26 62 60
Milton bt Broady 60 64

CooCooCachoo
06-13-2013, 12:52 PM
OMFG Liam. That is beyond terrible. :sobbing:

Sombrerero loco
06-13-2013, 12:53 PM
so its willis vs milton next, and seems milton can win that match considering the scores

fitzy had to pull out, he is ill

Sombrerero loco
06-13-2013, 12:56 PM
OMFG Liam. That is beyond terrible. :sobbing:

oh come on, josh is the better player out there right now :P everyone seems to understimate josh on this board haha

CooCooCachoo
06-13-2013, 01:00 PM
oh come on, josh is the better player out there right now :P everyone seems to understimate josh on this board haha

Well, Milton's results have been slightly less bad this year. But being bagelled on your favorite surface by Milton is bad for Liam on any day.

Brit Tennis Fan
06-13-2013, 01:04 PM
Well, Milton's results have been slightly less bad this year. But being bagelled on your favorite surface by Milton is bad for Liam on any day.

Bad result for Liam, but not really a surprise.

Sombrerero loco
06-13-2013, 01:26 PM
now josh will beat willis, even though they are good friends and it wont be an easy match. so finally josh can take the wc after all, 2 matches left

outrider
06-13-2013, 01:28 PM
Hope Willis destroys this Mugton. Would be a walking bye in the Q. Willis is a tough fighter.

Brit Tennis Fan
06-13-2013, 01:46 PM
2 more results

Bambridge bt Norrie 62 76(4)
Burton bt Pauffley 64 63

Sombrerero loco
06-13-2013, 01:52 PM
Hope Willis destroys this Mugton. Would be a walking bye in the Q. Willis is a tough fighter.

i really wonder if you have seen them playing. when it comes to being a fighter, josh is way ahead of marcus

Brit Tennis Fan
06-13-2013, 01:58 PM
i really wonder if you have seen them playing. when it comes to being a fighter, josh is way ahead of marcus

Yep. Marcus has some great qualities on a tennis court but I don't think determination and fight top the list.

CooCooCachoo
06-13-2013, 02:02 PM
Just hoping Broady and Ward-Hibbert will pair up together and get a MD or QWC now.

CooCooCachoo
06-13-2013, 02:08 PM
Kudla almost into the QF of Queen's now. Might still be in with a shot!

Ace20
06-13-2013, 04:11 PM
Liam & Cameron :sad:

Brit Tennis Fan
06-13-2013, 05:01 PM
Other results.

Klein bt Coupland 63 75
O'Mara bt Fitzpatrick - walkover
Smethurst bt Thornton-Brown 63 61
Rice by Gabb 76(3) 64

Brit Tennis Fan
06-13-2013, 05:02 PM
Second round

Klein v O'Mara
Smethurst v Rice
Bambridge v Burton
Willis v Milton

Would expect Klein and Burton to win fairly easily. I would favour Rice and Willis but their matches could be close.

CooCooCachoo
06-13-2013, 05:18 PM
I do feel for Fitzpatrick :(

Sombrerero loco
06-13-2013, 05:18 PM
willis will lose to josh next, trust me

Metafizicar
06-13-2013, 06:05 PM
Monfils cited "personal reasons" as to why he won't play Wimbledon, but the truth is he would have to play qualies next week, he asked for a wildcard, but didn't get it.

gators0708
06-13-2013, 09:08 PM
Monfils cited "personal reasons" as to why he won't play Wimbledon, but the truth is he would have to play qualies next week, he asked for a wildcard, but didn't get it.

Thats not true, he was going to get one but pulled back his request.

Henry Chinaski
06-14-2013, 02:55 AM
The winner of Nottingham 2 must be in with a decent shot of getting one now?

CooCooCachoo
06-14-2013, 07:20 AM

:cuckoo: Right. They give one to Ebden but not Monfils.

Brit Tennis Fan
06-14-2013, 09:56 AM
The winner of Nottingham 2 must be in with a decent shot of getting one now?

They were always going to get one.

Brit Tennis Fan
06-14-2013, 09:57 AM
:cuckoo: Right. They give one to Ebden but not Monfils.

They were going to give one to Monfils.

As for Ebden, he won the Nottingham challenger otherwise he wouldn't have got one.

Sombrerero loco
06-14-2013, 10:08 AM
waiting for more results from the play offs =D

Brit Tennis Fan
06-14-2013, 10:10 AM
waiting for more results from the play offs =D

Shouldn't have to wait too long. All 4 matches are being played simultaneously and should have started a few minutes ago.

Sombrerero loco
06-14-2013, 10:15 AM
thank you, they started soon, not easy in GB considering its 1 hour less than here hehe :P

Brit Tennis Fan
06-14-2013, 11:41 AM
Klein bt O'Mara 61 60
Burton bt Bambridge 64 62

Never much doubt about those two matches.

Brit Tennis Fan
06-14-2013, 11:55 AM
Rice has beaten Smethurst in 3 sets (don't know the score) and so will play Klein in the final round.

Sombrerero loco
06-14-2013, 12:01 PM
only milton vs willis scores missing :P

Brit Tennis Fan
06-14-2013, 12:23 PM
Rice bt Smethurst 64 46 64

Still no news on the final match but presumably it has been a fairly long match and that suits Josh.

Brit Tennis Fan
06-14-2013, 12:56 PM
Willis bt Milton 67(1) 75 60

Brit Tennis Fan
06-14-2013, 01:39 PM
So final round is

Klein v Rice
Burton v Willis

Sombrerero loco
06-14-2013, 02:06 PM
josh was 76 52 40-0 up :spit: no injury, just mental meltdown plus marcus started to play really well
i hope marcus can win the wc tomorrow. josh :hug: