Lleyton and Bec Engaged [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Lleyton and Bec Engaged

fangirl
01-30-2005, 07:02 PM
They just announced on Sunrise (Australian morning program) that Lleyton Hewitt and Bec Cartwright have got engaged.

Congratulations to them, but wasn't it like yesterday that he broke up with Kim?

Leena
01-30-2005, 07:05 PM
Wasn't Lleyton just engaged to Kim like 2 months ago?

This has train wreck written all over it.

Hey,dudes
01-30-2005, 07:07 PM
:rolleyes: This is rediculous

In_Disguise
01-30-2005, 07:07 PM
Not sure if this is a joke or not, I thought they've only been seeing each other for a few weeks :confused:

Murkofan
01-30-2005, 07:09 PM
WHAT?

Eclectic Goddess
01-30-2005, 07:09 PM
Can anyone say, REBOUND?

fangirl
01-30-2005, 07:10 PM
I am not making it up is that is what you mean, but I am inclined to think that it is someone he would have done in the emotion of the moment.

Mount Goddess
OMG what is he serial engament freek?

Chloe le Bopper
Good for them :yeah: (:o)

kim-fan
01-30-2005, 07:11 PM
right :rolleyes:

Leena
01-30-2005, 07:12 PM
Maybe Lleyton knows that due to all the 'roids, he can't have kids for much longer... so, he's hurrying the process up.

Billabong
01-30-2005, 07:14 PM
:eek:

undomiele
01-30-2005, 07:14 PM
:cuckoo: He's loco.

Murkofan
01-30-2005, 07:15 PM
No no, I don't think you're making it up, I'm just in shock. He was engaged to his girlfriend of nearly 5 years 3 months ago, and was supposed to marry her in a week. And now he's engaged to someone else?

:rolleyes:

kim-fan
01-30-2005, 07:16 PM
this is a joke right??

Leena
01-30-2005, 07:17 PM
I'm leaning towards joke... but considering how public Lleyton has been with this relationship, this wouldn't be so farfetched.

Murkofan
01-30-2005, 07:17 PM
Not to mention the fact that SHE just got out of a four year relationship.

I agree with Leena: the trainwreck's a'comin' :rolleyes:

Yasmine
01-30-2005, 07:19 PM
:rolleyes: is this a joke or has Lleyton lost his mind? :p

fangirl
01-30-2005, 07:19 PM
Would it be nasty of me to say that I think it could be a little thing commonly referred to as a 'Publicity Stunt'.

Murkofan
01-30-2005, 07:21 PM
Would it be nasty of me to say that I think it could be a little thing commonly referred to as a 'Publicity Stunt'.

No. It's either that, or Lleyton's loss has caused him to go temporarily insane.

star
01-30-2005, 07:21 PM
They just announced on Sunrise (Australian morning program) that Lleyton Hewitt and Bec Cartwright have got engaged.

Congratulations to them, but wasn't it like yesterday that he broke up with Kim?

Uh.... HE didn't break up with Kim. She broke up with him. :)

This is sort of surprising. If true.

In_Disguise
01-30-2005, 07:22 PM
or maybe he has been seeing Bec for much of last year but he just didn't make it public...perhaps Bec was the reason why he and Kim split in the first place...you have to wonder, huh

Murkofan
Which makes this alleged engagement even more bizarre. Bounces back quick, doesn't he?

star
Maybe Lleyton knows that due to all the 'roids, he can't have kids for much longer... so, he's hurrying the process up.

Uh.... more likely to be sterile while on 'roids than after you get off them. Ask Arnold about that. ;)

Dirk
Congrats to Hewitt, his soon to be wife and Golvin. :)

star
01-30-2005, 07:23 PM
Which makes this alleged engagement even more bizarre. Bounces back quick, doesn't he?

It's that kick (to the curb) serve. ;)

*Ljubica*
01-30-2005, 07:23 PM
Sounds like a classic case of being on the rebound to me. I hope he doesn't do anything he'll live to regret later.

fangirl
01-30-2005, 07:24 PM
Uh.... HE didn't break up with Kim. She broke up with him. :)

This is sort of surprising. If true.

I know - I was more referring to the fact that they broke up. Sorry - I probably should have worded it better.

star
01-30-2005, 07:24 PM
LLEYTON Hewitt proposed to soap star girlfriend Bec Cartwright after losing the Australian Open last night in a spirited game against Russian Marat Safin.

The couple got engaged soon after the match ended at Melbourne Park, Channel 7 reported today.
"The big news down here is the engagement of Lleyton Hewitt and Bec Cartwright just after the match last night," Seven said.

Hewitt apparently got down on bended knee in a quiet corner before heading into a private party celebrating the end of the competition.

Advertisement:
The station reported that Home and Away star Cartwright had had no advance warning, but Hewitt was prepared with a "big diamond".

The 23-year-old tennis player had apparently hoped to propose after winning the match, but instead lost against the fourth-seeded Russian 1-6 6-3 6-4 6-4.

He and Cartwright had their first public outing as a couple in early December and she has sat courtside throughout his Australian Open matches.

Hewitt separated from his former fiance, Belgian tennis star Kim Clijsters, late last year following a four-year romance.

kim-fan
01-30-2005, 07:25 PM
and how do they know that?

Murkofan
01-30-2005, 07:26 PM
This is ridiculous :rolleyes:

pryss
01-30-2005, 07:28 PM
gasp! after 1/2 seconds of dating?

this is wonderful! :D

<end sarcasm>

star
01-30-2005, 07:29 PM
I'm shaking my head. I'm thinking...... Losing wasn't bad enough?

Whatever. It's his life. He's looked very happy and relaxed the last few months. Clearly he's got marriage on the brain, so I hope he'll be very happy.

mitalidas
01-30-2005, 07:30 PM
Maybe they couldn't get a refund on the church service and the party props --had to find the next bride

Raquel
01-30-2005, 07:32 PM

I won't believe it until it's been definitely confirmed and it's not just gossip. Although that article looks pretty straight up. I'm very surprised he's rushing into another engagement like this so soon after Kim. It's just :eek:

aceit
01-30-2005, 07:32 PM
You guys have covered probably anything possible for me to say. Wow, that's crazy.

virgil23
01-30-2005, 07:37 PM

I won't believe it until it's been definitely confirmed and it's not just gossip. Although that article looks pretty straight up. I'm very surprised he's rushing into another engagement like this so soon after Kim. It's just :eek:

Hate to break it to you but according to the Lleytonland board, his management has just confirmed it. I'm speechless and that does not happen often.

Tennis Fool
01-30-2005, 07:37 PM
I wonder what all the Kim/Lleyton fans in the Aussie forum will think :confused:

blosson
01-30-2005, 07:38 PM
Maybe they couldn't get a refund on the church service and the party props --had to find the next bride

Ha ha, that's right. Kim is also donating her wedding dress to Bec. A few take ins here and there and it should fit the new bride. They will honeymoon in Belgium too.

kim-fan
01-30-2005, 07:39 PM
I wonder what all the Kim/Lleyton fans in the Aussie forum will think :confused:

they're not happy :p

mitalidas
01-30-2005, 07:39 PM
maybe they'll have a joint wedding.
pimpim and jasjas are also engaged

|-Safin_Coria-|
01-30-2005, 07:40 PM
no offense, but I see this as one of those 1 month marriages :smash:

Racket88
01-30-2005, 07:40 PM
Maybe Lleyton was cheating on Kim with Bec. Maybe that's why Kim broke up with him???

mitalidas
01-30-2005, 07:41 PM
what say-- had he won, he may have proposed to her in his victory speech?

C'mon! Lleyton, Bec 'to marry'
LLEYTON Hewitt proposed to soap star girlfriend Bec Cartwright after losing the Australian Open last night in a spirited game against Russian Marat Safin.

The couple got engaged soon after the match ended at Melbourne Park, Channel 7 reported today.
"The big news down here is the engagement of Lleyton Hewitt and Bec Cartwright just after the match last night," Seven said.

Hewitt apparently got down on bended knee in a quiet corner before heading into a private party celebrating the end of the competition.

The station reported that Home and Away star Cartwright had had no advance warning, but Hewitt was prepared with a "big diamond".

The 23-year-old tennis player had apparently hoped to propose after winning the match, but instead lost against the fourth-seeded Russian 1-6 6-3 6-4 6-4.

He and Cartwright had their first public outing as a couple in early December and she has sat courtside throughout his Australian Open matches.

Hewitt separated from his former fiance, Belgian tennis star Kim Clijsters, late last year following a four-year romance.

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117,12102795-29277,00.html

trixy
01-30-2005, 07:42 PM
OMG i can't believe it. Interesting Bec was also engaged to former home and away co-star Beau Brady. Crazyness, this is.

I don't get why the rush to get married.

Smankyou
01-30-2005, 07:43 PM
I just saw the story on Sunrise. haha this has "rebound" written all over it.

They interviewed the concierge (of all people!) and he said the respective families were very happy. And that "love was in the air".

Ha. Bec's moving up in the world. I've got one word for Lleyton: pre-nup.

Björki
01-30-2005, 07:48 PM
I cant believe it. Leyton :eek:

zoeziepoezie
01-30-2005, 07:48 PM
:eek: :cuckoo:

mitalidas
01-30-2005, 07:52 PM
Maybe there is no better way to get back at poor Kimmy than by international humiliation (as I understand she did to him)

Timariot
01-30-2005, 07:53 PM
C'mon, don't be so sceptical. Maybe they're just so much in love? :)

aceit
01-30-2005, 07:55 PM
C'mon, don't be so sceptical. Maybe they're just so much in love? :)
Maybe, but who gets married after 2 months of dating and at such a young age. Plus, Hewitt's at a very high point in his career now.

fangirl
01-30-2005, 07:57 PM
No one is saying they are not in love - just that it is very early in a relationship to be getting engaged.

Lady
01-30-2005, 08:00 PM
OMG!! :eek:

After 4-5 years with Kim, saying that the most wonderful thing that happened to him was getting engaged with Kim etc. Now this!!! :eek:

I'm just speechless!

star
01-30-2005, 08:02 PM
Maybe there is no better way to get back at poor Kimmy than by international humiliation (as I understand she did to him)

And..... you know this has internationally humiliated Kimmy how?

mitalidas
01-30-2005, 08:05 PM
And..... you know this has internationally humiliated Kimmy how?

For normal human beings: if you dump or are dumped after 5 years, and the partner is able to not just get over you, but fall in love, and get engaged in 2 months, it indicates that the previous relationship might not have had any depth at all.
Hence.

JonBcn
01-30-2005, 08:05 PM
What depth can a four year relationship that spanned the end of their chidhoods actually have? I dont think it's really that healthy to get hitched to your first and only partner. Live a little, folks.

I bet he had it all planned out that he was going to propose on court after winning.

Murkofan
01-30-2005, 08:06 PM
If that's true, I can't say I'm sorry I didn't have to sit through that.

Mount Goddess
01-30-2005, 08:06 PM
they are both as bad as each other then!

mitalidas
01-30-2005, 08:07 PM
What depth can a four year relationship that spanned the end of their chidhoods actually have. I dont think it's really that healthy to get hitched to your first and only partner. Live a little, folks.

not much healthier to get engaged 2 months after going out with someone (is she even legal?)

sprinterluck
01-30-2005, 08:08 PM
I just saw the story on Sunrise. haha this has "rebound" written all over it.

They interviewed the concierge (of all people!) and he said the respective families were very happy. And that "love was in the air".

Ha. Bec's moving up in the world. I've got one word for Lleyton: pre-nup.

Seriously. What starlet would say no to at $200,000 ring? She's just happy she can finally quit Home & Away now. :devil: The girl's set for life now.
Pre-nup for sure. Maybe they'll get married on the day he was supposed to get married to Kim...February 5. :p :rolleyes: Probably couldn't cancel those reservations when Kimmy dumped him.

mitalidas
01-30-2005, 08:09 PM
Seriously. What starlet would say no to at $200,000 ring? Maybe they'll get married on the day he was supposed to get married to Kim...February 5. :p :rolleyes: Probably couldn't cancel those reservations when Kimmy dumped him.

totally agree with both sentiments
in fact:
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=1142688&postcount=34

kim-fan
01-30-2005, 08:09 PM
not much healthier to get engaged 2 months after going out with someone (is she even legal?)

she's 21 :rolleyes:

lina_seta
01-30-2005, 08:11 PM
OMG...
like "im in love with kim" then BOOM some couple months after a wreckling breakage he is marrying somebody else... yeah that's real love! *says sarcastically*
i just dont get how can he get over it, start a new relationship, fall in love and get engage in like... 4 months... :rolleyes:
this ship is going to sink

sprinterluck
01-30-2005, 08:24 PM
I bet he had it all planned out that he was going to propose on court after winning.

Oh yeah that would be an even bigger media spectacle and the ultimate
"F--k you" to Kim. :devil: Honestly I think Lleyton's been hell bent on getting married since 2003. When he was asked what's the best thing that you've accomplished in your career, he said it would have to be getting engaged to Kim. :o He bought a house for him and Kim to live in and now it must be lonely in such an empty abode. So his best footy mate moves in to keep him company. Lleyton simply does not like being alone. And when Kim dumped him he was shocked, bought a Ferrari and ran into the arms of the nearest willing and available starlet.
This smells like a rebound. I hope he's not doing this for the wrong reasons, but I doubt it.

Geniey2g
01-30-2005, 08:38 PM
no offense, but I see this as one of those 1 month marriages :smash:
No question; what a couple of idiots these two are; a waste of both feelings and money.

Geniey2g
01-30-2005, 08:41 PM
Maybe, but who gets married after 2 months of dating and at such a young age. Plus, Hewitt's at a very high point in his career now.
I know this sounds harsh, but it's true; unless one of then is willing to make major sacrifices with their career, this aint gonna work. I don't see Bec Cartwright dropping everything to travel around the globe with Hewitt, or vice-versa. Still, you never know.

Space Cowgirl
01-30-2005, 08:54 PM
Oh dear. I hope the wedding date hasn't been set yet, because I really can't see this lasting. WTF??

Dushenka
01-30-2005, 08:57 PM
What I'm just asking myself is: Why, why, why did SHE say yes to such a loony proposal?!?!?!?!?!

I guess he was like... oh honey, would you like some more salad? and get married next week? She probably only heard the salad question and since she was hungry she said yes... and is now too embarrassed to back out *crazy green smile*

smiles,
Dushenka

Dushenka
01-30-2005, 09:00 PM
I know this sounds harsh, but it's true; unless one of then is willing to make major sacrifices with their career, this aint gonna work. I don't see Bec Cartwright dropping everything to travel around the globe with Hewitt, or vice-versa. Still, you never know.

So true... the main reason why, for example, Roger and Mirka are such a "dream"couple is because she's dedicated her life to his and his career... This is a one-man-show - these guys don't need a leading lady but a supporting extra.

Dushenka

virgil23
01-30-2005, 09:08 PM
What I'm just asking myself is: Why, why, why did SHE say yes to such a loony proposal?!?!?!?!?!

I guess he was like... oh honey, would you like some more salad? and get married next week? She probably only heard the salad question and since she was hungry she said yes... and is now too embarrassed to back out *crazy green smile*

smiles,
Dushenka

Lol, very interesting theory. Who knows it's probably true. Seriously though, that's what I thought too when I realized this was actually true. My feeling was bad enough he asks but she compounds the insanity by actually saying YES? I mean he's not the only one who's fresh off a relationship. True she wasn't engaged, but she was with her ex for four years and since she's only 21 now, that means she was with him since she was 17. Meanwhile Lleyton was with Kim when he was 18. Seems to me both Lleyton and Bec missed the concept of "casually dating". It's like they barely took a breath in between their break-ups. Then again maybe the theories that something was going before their respective break-ups is true and that would somehow explain it a little better.

Mount Goddess
01-30-2005, 09:13 PM
I give the whole thing until June and then it will all be over

superpinkone37
01-30-2005, 09:15 PM
this whole thing....um wow :eek:

cameron
01-30-2005, 09:17 PM
I'm happy for them, Yes it was quick but sometimes you just know its the right thing to do. Lleyton isn't the first person to propose so quickly. This may be one of those things that just feels right. I suppose its hard to judge unless you know exactly how both parties feel. Just because it may not be the way you would do things doesn't make it wrong.

Jackie
01-30-2005, 09:19 PM

Yeah, she's 21...but I think the real issues here are:

1: Did this distract him from the final
2: WHY? [I don't think I need to explain this one and further]

mitalidas
01-30-2005, 09:39 PM
I'm happy for them, Yes it was quick but sometimes you just know its the right thing to do. This may be one of those things that just feels right. I suppose its hard to judge unless you know exactly how both parties feel. Just because it may not be the way you would do things doesn't make it wrong.

yeah, kim and lleyton also felt it was the right thing to do, and even after 4 years they couldn't sustain it. so i think most people are not disputing that these two are in love, but given that the odds of pulling a engaged-after-2-months affair without separation are so low, why hurry, is what most people are wondering

JeNn
01-30-2005, 09:40 PM
Oh dear :o

djb272727
01-30-2005, 10:16 PM
wow......sure didn't take him long to get over kim.

sprinterluck
01-30-2005, 10:19 PM
yeah, kim and lleyton also felt it was the right thing to do, and even after 4 years they couldn't sustain it. so i think most people are not disputing that these two are in love, but given that the odds of pulling a engaged-after-2-months affair without separation are so low, why hurry, is what most people are wondering

I certainly am not questioning whether they're in love. And I think it's possible that it'll last, but the circumstances surrounding the engagement make me wonder why the rush to propose? :confused: They probably can commisserate with each other after going through a breakup with their respective partners and have become very close as a result of that.
But why not take the time to decompress, reflect and date again before jumping into a marriage. It's good to move on with life, but some people take that to mean they need to find a replacement for their ex.
I hope it's not because Lleyton is scared of being alone. Or that he's insecure that she'll take up with someone else if he doesn't propose.
As for Bec, why wouldn't she want to marry him? This means she can kick up her heels and retire, occasionally coming out of retirement to dabble in acting and dancing.

My theory is that Lleyton is needy, emotionally dependent and hates being alone. He's introverted and not the type of guy who makes friends easily so he has a close-knit entourage that flies with him to tournaments. He's been with Kim since he was 18. I don't think he's a pro at casual dating. He's just not swinger material. He always struck me as somewhat insecure in his way with women, the polar opposite of Mark Philippoussis and Pat Rafter. Jim Courier didn't exactly help Lley's ego after one match asking him if his new Ferrari helped pull in Bec :p And when Courier asked him to rate how he played and Lley answered a 2 on a scale of 1-10, Courier answered...don't talk about your looks :haha: It's time to seek professional help and get therapy Lleyton.

Jackie
01-30-2005, 10:22 PM
wow......sure didn't take him long to get over kim.

A lot of us don't think he is over Kim. That's what we're worried about

JeNn
01-30-2005, 10:25 PM
A lot of us don't think he is over Kim. That's what we're worried about

that's exactly what I think too Jackie

SanTaureau Fan
01-30-2005, 10:25 PM
I just find it creepy how people analyse this... That's his personal life, who cares?! He can do what he wants.

You live, you learn...

jbone_14
01-30-2005, 10:26 PM
Wow Bec is a homewrecking slut huh?? Like I care, Hewitt is dirt ugly anyways.

elizabeth_c
01-30-2005, 10:27 PM
I just find it creepy how people analyse this... That's his personal life, who cares?!
its not personal if they announced it..and besides..its an engagement we are talking about...pretty public stuff if you ask me....and it is kinda quick if its true....she seems really young...very pretty..

lunahielo
01-30-2005, 10:27 PM
Different strokes for different folks!
Congratulations, Lleyton~~~all happiness to you and your fiance.

federer express
01-30-2005, 10:28 PM
I just find it creepy how people analyse this... That's his personal life, who cares?! He can do what he wants.

You live, you learn...

:worship: :worship: :worship:
Well said!!!

tennisman.
01-30-2005, 10:29 PM
Congrats to Lleyton and Bec

JeNn
01-30-2005, 10:29 PM
Wow Bec is a homewrecking slut huh?? Like I care, Hewitt is dirt ugly anyways.

wow. harsh. i guess the big cock and the millions of dollars is a turn on :p

Without being so harsh I actually think their might be something in your statement though. I mean isn't it a TAD coincidental that Lleyton and Bec both break up long term relationships simultaneously and a couple of months later are engaged? Smells like they were together BEFORE the break ups to me.

jbone_14
01-30-2005, 10:31 PM
Guess this can relate to the lyrics of Ashantis Mesmorize "And I was told that the sex was better than drugs." :haha: :lol: Its sooo obvious.

JeNn
01-30-2005, 10:32 PM

You live, you learn...

Of course he can do what he wants. But there is a whole industry made out of this kind of gossip. People are voyeuristic by nature and the private lives of the rich and famous are cannon fodder unfortunately. It's the price they pay for being rich and famous. The price of my privacy is struggling to make ends meet week to week. We all have our burdens.

Jackie
01-30-2005, 10:34 PM

Without being so harsh I actually think their might be something in your statement though. I mean isn't it a TAD coincidental that Lleyton and Bec both break up long term relationships simultaneously and a couple of months later are engaged? Smells like they were together BEFORE the break ups to me.

Even I am starting to wonder

juligen
men, i love tennis gossip !!!!
makes life sooo much more fun

elizabeth_c

actually..i thought it was KIM who broke up with hewitt????? and..ewwwww-i don't want to think about hewitts cock...ewwwwwww.....there are much nicer cocks i would rather talk about...

jbone_14
01-30-2005, 10:35 PM
Exactly. Obviously its not part of his personal life if he decides to come out and announce the engagement while flouncing his new toy around The Australian Open grounds. There is nothing wrong with gossip, I find it healthy. :)

JeNn
01-30-2005, 10:36 PM
actually..i thought it was KIM who broke up with hewitt????? and..ewwwww-i don't want to think about hewitts cock...ewwwwwww.....there are much nicer cocks i would rather talk about...

Yep, but Kim might have ended it after learning of Bec, it would certainly make some sense. I dunno I'm just speculating.

Jackie
01-30-2005, 10:36 PM
...but I'm still not totally convinced that they are engaged. The only reports we ahve are quotes from Channel 7 people. This may just be their way of getting more publicity for Bec...I mean, they did fly her down from Sydney, give her time off work for his matches and show her about 40 times in each match

SanTaureau Fan
01-30-2005, 10:37 PM
its not personal if they announced it..and besides..its an engagement we are talking about...pretty public stuff if you ask me....and it is kinda quick if its true....she seems really young...very pretty..

Well of course they're going to announce it, they're not going to live under a rock all their life. But what he decides to do with his personal life concerns himself only. Who the hell are some people to say what he should do or not in his life?

Is it too quick? Probably... But then again: you live, you learn. You try, you learn. You loooooooose, you learn.

Leena

You live, you learn...
True.

jbone_14

Well of course Kim broke up with him. Think, why on Earth would Kim break up with Llyeton after she has devoted so much time and energy into a relationship. Theres only one reason: She walked in on them having sex. :devil:

Jackie
01-30-2005, 10:38 PM
Yep, but Kim might have ended it after learning of Bec, it would certainly make some sense. I dunno I'm just speculating.

I don't know, this whole thing is strange...but I'm sure Kim would have cracked and told the media he cheated on her by now if it had happened

jbone_14
01-30-2005, 10:39 PM
Bec was putting it on him. :haha: :haha: :haha:

JeNn
01-30-2005, 10:40 PM
I don't know, this whole thing is strange...but I'm sure Kim would have cracked and told the media he cheated on her by now if it had happened

Kim's a pretty private girl though.

Carito_90
01-30-2005, 10:42 PM

WHAT?!

SanTaureau Fan
01-30-2005, 10:42 PM
Exactly. Obviously its not part of his personal life if he decides to come out and announce the engagement while flouncing his new toy around The Australian Open grounds. There is nothing wrong with gossip, I find it healthy. :)

Gossiping is fun, but my point wasn't about gossiping; it's about people who analyse Hewitt and make a judgement on his decisions.

cameron
01-30-2005, 10:43 PM
It will be interesting to see if any comment is made by Kim.

gogo_guga
01-30-2005, 10:45 PM
All I have to say is that I feel bad for Bec Cartwright. I mean, Lleyton is only using her to get back at Kim. Did anyone read Lleyton's interview from after his match against Roddick? He brought up the subject of women's tennis just so that he could say that he wasn't interested in it anymore. The annoying thing is that he said it ironically to sort of rub it in Clijsters' face that she is the reason for his lack of interseted in women's tennis these days. I think that Lleyton acted immaturelly and rudely.
Here is the part of the interview I'm talking about:
Q. How will you relax?
LLEYTON HEWITT: I don't know. I won't be watching the women's final, that's for sure.
Q. Why?
LLEYTON HEWITT: I'm not into women's tennis any more (smiling).

sprinterluck
01-30-2005, 10:47 PM
Of course he can do what he wants. But there is a whole industry made out of this kind of gossip. People are voyeuristic by nature and the private lives of the rich and famous are cannon fodder unfortunately. It's the price they pay for being rich and famous. The price of my privacy is struggling to make ends meet week to week. We all have our burdens.

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:
Agreed.

Jackie
01-30-2005, 10:48 PM
I thought that was funny at the time. Now it just seems like he got engaged to rub it in Kim's face

Scotso

That's a bit sudden, but maybe he's eager for some mini-Lleytons?

jole
Strikes me as odd, but I wish them the best.

cameron
01-30-2005, 10:51 PM
How come people seem to sense he is doing this to rub it into Kims face? he may actually love Bec and I hope it does work out between them

Jackie
01-30-2005, 10:55 PM
How come people seem to sense he is doing this to rub it into Kims face?

Why else would he do it? No amount of love can make you propose to someone after such a short amount of time. Think about it; according to people on this board, he was meant to marry Kim this coming Saturday, and he was in the Aus Open final [which he then lost]. Everything probably seems a bit surreal for him at the moment

elizabeth_c
01-30-2005, 11:01 PM
Well of course they're going to announce it, they're not going to live under a rock all their life. But what he decides to do with his personal life concerns himself only. Who the hell are some people to say what he should do or not in his life?

Is it too quick? Probably... But then again: you live, you learn. You try, you learn. You loooooooose, you learn.
because hes a public person.. people don't mean to be mean..they are just offering their input..and i am SURE people in the public eye expect that other people will have comments on their personal life..if they don't think that will happen then they are naive..and yes..you live..you learn..hopefully...

cameron
01-30-2005, 11:02 PM
You make it sound like he is the first person to propose after such a short time.He isn't the first to do it and he won't be the last. If they both feel this way then congratulations.

lizzieh
01-30-2005, 11:04 PM
Hi. This is my virgin post on here, but I just wanted to say that if it is true, then good luck to them.

My mum and dad met, got engaged after 2 months and were married 4 months later, and until, sadly, my mum passed away in December, they were married for 32 years... so it can work.

Congratulations and good luck to them is what I say, everyone is different and if this is the way they feel then so be it.

Lizzie xx

Timariot
01-30-2005, 11:05 PM

That's a bit sudden, but maybe he's eager for some mini-Lleytons?

Isn't the existing one enough?

jeanie_sin
01-30-2005, 11:05 PM
my worse nightmare coming true :rolleyes:

is he that desparate to get married? i dont think he's even had time to sit down and think what went wrong with his r/ship with kim, and now he plunges into this. this is someone who, just at the last US open, said his greatest achievement was getting engaged to kim. :rolleyes:

they havent even tried the rigours that will come when he is away for 9 months a year. all i can say is, get married this saturday, lleyton :rolleyes:

tennischick
01-30-2005, 11:07 PM
um...i thought he was supposed to be like really close to his parents. how can they not be worried about this?

so he's gone from Lleyki to...Lleybec?

i think he is trying to show up Kim for dumping him publicly. nothing else makes sense to me. which makes him rather childish and not ready for marriage. i hope they have a pre-nup.

cameron
01-30-2005, 11:08 PM
Hi. This is my virgin post on here, but I just wanted to say that if it is true, then good luck to them.

My mum and dad met, got engaged after 2 months and were married 4 months later, and until, sadly, my mum passed away in December, they were married for 32 years... so it can work.

Congratulations and good luck to them is what I say, everyone is different and if this is the way they feel then so be it.

Lizzie xx

Great post there Lizzieh and I'm sorry to hear about your mother.

SanTaureau Fan
01-30-2005, 11:10 PM
because hes a public person.. people don't mean to be mean..they are just offering their input..and i am SURE people in the public eye expect that other people will have comments on their personal life..if they don't think that will happen then they are naive..and yes..you live..you learn..hopefully...

I just find some posts creepy, that's all.

elizabeth_c
01-30-2005, 11:16 PM
i just read it news.com.au says he was gonna propose after his "win"....and gave her a big ring! :cool:

elizabeth_c
01-30-2005, 11:17 PM

Lizzie xx
im so sorry about your mum...I KNOW YOU!!! glad your here! :)

victory1
01-30-2005, 11:21 PM
Notice Lleyton and Kim broke up after she had a long period off. same thing happened to my cousin and her fiancee. In my cousin case, her and her fiancee been together for 3 yeras, they met on a plane while traveling home from college. They manage to spend all vacations together and at least 1 month and a half doing the summers. He graduated last year and she still had another year to go, so he decided to move in with her while she finish school. It took a little over 6 months for them to break up. She said she did not know him at all, and he gets on her nerves. I asked her couldn't she tell after 3 years that he had those character flaws that obviously drives her crazy. She said no, she did not pick up on them until they where together for 4 consecutive months. Maybe that's what happen to Lleyton and Kim.

Puss-in-Boots
01-30-2005, 11:22 PM
:eek: (I need a *thud* emoticon)

Very surprising news... but good luck to the both of them, and I hope they can find a way to make it work and be happy.

lizzieh
01-30-2005, 11:40 PM
im so sorry about your mum...I KNOW YOU!!! glad your here! :)

I know you too!!! Hope you're well, I'm seriously jet lagged at the mo, and trying to stay up as long as possible, because, he he, I just got back from Melbourne yesterday!!!

star
01-30-2005, 11:42 PM

Lizzie xx

:hug: :hug: :hug:

Yes. Life does sometimes happen this way. Sometimes there is a proposal on the second date and the marriage lasts a lifetime. Sometimes people date for 10 years and break up the marriage after a year. I've known both of these things to happen.

I think Lleyton has looke happy, relaxed, and for him, incredibly outgoing, these last two months. I wish him all the happiness in the world. I think Bec has a great guy. I hope she doesn't break his heart, but if she does.... oh well, as someone else said.... you live, you love, you lose, you learn. Lots and lots of people break up and regain happiness easily and quikly. Real life isn't Wuthering Heights.... thank god.

elizabeth_c
01-30-2005, 11:47 PM
I know you too!!! Hope you're well, I'm seriously jet lagged at the mo, and trying to stay up as long as possible, because, he he, I just got back from Melbourne yesterday!!!
really?? im JEALOUS!!!! how was it.....what a stupid question..i am SURE IT WAS AWESOME! did you take pics?? :)

T-T
01-30-2005, 11:50 PM
Obviously Lleyton is compensating his immaturity and characterial uncertainty by looking for a strong commitment. He's the eternal teenager who has spent his whole existence on tennis courts. He has an inferiority complex. He wants to be loved. He's an amazing sportsman but he's still so very much a little boy. Those suffocating parents of his... I heard they're even there at trainings. :yawn:

lizzieh
01-30-2005, 11:51 PM
Yeah I did, mostly of me being drunk and stupid in some of, well most of, the bars that Melbourne has to offer, but I did take some of the tennis.... actually lots of the Rusedski v Roddick match ( in which I have to admit I was in the Greg cheering corner, but I am British what can I say!), but I have to work out how to put them up on my computer, coz although techinically I'm quite clever, that cleverness doesn't strech to anything techincal, but I'll give it a go when I'm less tired in a day or two, and when I'm sober!!!

And as for the "how was it" question... the answer is bloody boiling!!!

elizabeth_c
01-30-2005, 11:54 PM
lizzieh..you sound like my kind of person!!!!!! wow....do you ever come to new york??? :cool: its freakin FREEZING HERE now....

lizzieh
01-30-2005, 11:56 PM
dood, I'm in the Big Apple over the summer sometime.... we are going to have to go and get nailed English stylee!!

Kristen
01-31-2005, 12:05 AM
Wow Lleyton...classy :retard:

mitalidas
01-31-2005, 12:20 AM
Bec, Lleyton engagement official

AGENTS for tennis ace Lleyton Hewitt and soap star Bec Cartwright have confirmed the couple's engagement.

Hewitt went down on one knee following his defeat in the Australian Open final last night.
Home and Away star Cartwright had cheered her boyfriend on during the match.

The couple's agents confirmed Hewitt popped the question after the loss to Russian Marat Safin.

"Stephen Harmon from Encompass Management and Justine Cohen from Octagon confirmed ... Lleyton Hewitt and Bec Cartwright's engagement following the Australian Open finals," a statement said.

"Lleyton and Bec met five years ago at a Starlight Foundation charity tennis day and rekindled their relationship late last year.

"The couple were instantly committed to each other and their close connection has been well documented in the media through their public acknowledgement and mutual support.

"Bec proudly revealed the ring presented to her by Lleyton ... to overjoyed family and friends at the post tennis final celebrations."

Hewitt reportedly got down on bended knee in a quiet corner before heading into the private party celebrating the end of the competition.

Channel 7 said Cartwright had had no advance warning, but Hewitt was prepared with a "big diamond".

The 23-year-old tennis player had apparently hoped to propose after winning the grand slam final, but instead lost to the fourth-seeded Safin 1-6 6-3 6-4 6-4.

A concierge at Melbourne's Park Hyatt Hotel said the pair looked happy when they returned to the hotel last night.

"Magic was in the air, and of course love was in the air. The two parties looked fantastic together and they were both very happy," Damien Miller said on Seven.

Today Cartwright was back at work in Sydney.

The actor dodged media at Melbourne and Sydney airports and was today understood to be filming on the set of Home and Away on Sydney's northern beaches.

Both Cartwright and Hewitt recently ended long-term relationships.

Hewitt was engaged to Belgian tennis star Kim Clijsters before that relationship ended last October, while Cartwright split with actor boyfriend Beau Brady late last year.

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5478,12103113%255E1702,00.html

tennisinparis
01-31-2005, 12:37 AM
best of luck to lleyton and bec. only they will ever know if their love is true, but it is great listening to people hash it out and giving it an expiration date. i guess we will all just have to wait and see. i hope it works out for them

secondly, to those thinking maybe she was the reason for the breakup, just recall how lleyton reacted after the breakup with kim. it was right around the Paris Masters Tournament, and he was kind of torn apart, but said he was going to focus on tennis. This doesn't mean he wasn't with Bec, but it would kind of be weird if he was with Bec when him and Kim split up and was hurt by the breakup, wouldn't he have just not worried about the breakup and gone straight to Bec. Okay, so maybe I am over-analyizing it. Oh well, whatever happens, i think it is safe to say, love is a strange thing.

Mimi
01-31-2005, 12:48 AM
congratulations to them but sorry for my bad mouth, engaged again, are they gonig to marry :confused: :p :devil:

Leena
01-31-2005, 12:57 AM
I'll be generous and give this until March before the shit hits the fan.

star
01-31-2005, 01:03 AM
Lleyton is spending a fortune on rings. Even if he gets them back, he can't return them for full price.

Anyway, he must be VERY happy with Bec to propose to her so quickly.

tennischick
01-31-2005, 01:16 AM
here's hoping that love for Bec is his only motive. and i do wish them happiness.

but if he was my son i was sending him to a shrink to make sure his head is on straight.

MissMoJo
01-31-2005, 01:27 AM
He's the tennis world's version of J-lo, with the big dick standing in for her big caboose.

tennischick
01-31-2005, 01:31 AM
He's the tennis world's version of J-lo, with the big dick standing in for her big caboose.
:eek: :eek: :haha: :haha:

fangirl
01-31-2005, 01:33 AM
Maybe he can write a song about it:

'Don't be fooled by the slams that I got, I'm still, I'm still Horsehead from the Block'

I mean Lleyton. Lleyton/Horsehead. Same difference.

cameron
01-31-2005, 01:39 AM
Ok I know I'm gonna regret asking this, but why the references to Lleyton being hung like a horse. Am I missing something.

Auscon
01-31-2005, 01:44 AM
was it something he decided on before the final or after?

certainly hope it wasnt made after the final, because surely he'd be in an overly emotional state at that point

Either way, I wish them the best, hope it all works out, and hope it doesnt distract Lleyton from continuing the great form in 05 :)

Smankyou
01-31-2005, 01:50 AM
Before the final. Because he would have had to get a ring ready for Bec's precious finger.

star
01-31-2005, 01:53 AM
Word is he was shopping at Tiffany's on Friday.

Auscon
01-31-2005, 01:59 AM
so Lleyton was possibly going to propose on court if he had won the tournament?

that really wouldve floored everyone

if thats the case, maybe he had a slight case of last minute jitters...could explain the poor serve % :)

Smankyou
01-31-2005, 02:07 AM
Bec:You had me at C'mon.

gsm
01-31-2005, 02:09 AM
ring is 4 carat , $200 000 AU.

bought from the same place (tiffanys) as he bought kim's ring and is also the same price.

according to abc news.

Jackie
01-31-2005, 02:37 AM
I'll be generous and give this until March before the shit hits the fan.

Late March thanks. The shit can't hit the fan until after the Davis Cup tie

Lee
01-31-2005, 02:53 AM
ring is 4 carat , $200 000 AU.

bought from the same place (tiffanys) as he bought kim's ring and is also the same price.

according to abc news.

Not the same ring with a little alternation :aplot:

Jackie
01-31-2005, 03:02 AM
Not the same ring with a little alternation :aplot:

LOL. I thought that was meant to cause the worst kind of bad luck

tennischick
01-31-2005, 03:03 AM
Ok I know I'm gonna regret asking this, but why the references to Lleyton being hung like a horse. Am I missing something.
no but apparently Kim is :tape:

star
01-31-2005, 03:06 AM
I think she's happy with the underwear model. :)

tennischick
01-31-2005, 03:10 AM
yeah but Lleyton was probably a better lover. except for when he screamed "Cmoooonnnnnn" at the wrong time. ;)

Lee
01-31-2005, 03:10 AM
LOL. I thought that was meant to cause the worst kind of bad luck

This engagement already looks like a disaster to me :p

iluvcandy227
01-31-2005, 03:12 AM
i hope this ruins his tennis career

rue
01-31-2005, 03:16 AM
I find this really surprising, but considering the fact that he went out with Kim for so long, I think that the longer you go out and stay engaged, it becomes hard for you to want to commit and marry. I mean it was short considering how long its been since he broke up with Kim. Lets hope it lasts and is not something that will melt down very soon. I just hope that they are doing the right thing and not making a mistake. At the same time, maybe it is better for him to marry someone from his own country. They understand each other more and the culture is the same.

Auscon
01-31-2005, 03:31 AM

just a touch bitter? :)

iluvcandy227
01-31-2005, 03:34 AM
just a touch bitter? :)

im not bitter why would i be bitter

spottygoose
01-31-2005, 03:46 AM
They have known each other for at least 5 years. Their managers refer to a "rekindled" relationship. Perhaps they dated before the kimmy and Beau things?

howardean
01-31-2005, 03:56 AM
Bec:You had me at C'mon.

ok, where have i seen this before... :o

Éowyn
01-31-2005, 04:38 AM
and if thats not a rebound thing i don't know what is. lleyton broke up with kim like what 2 months ago, and bec only broke up with beau brady (who i must state is 10 million times more attractive than lleyton) a little while ago to.

maybe lleytons like a serial fiancé

oh well if it lasts good luck to them :)

Éowyn
01-31-2005, 05:01 AM

i think kim has a little more class than that!

~EMiLiTA~
01-31-2005, 06:46 AM
please tell me he was drunk or something.

btw here are some articles:

http://au.search.yahoo.com/search/news?p=Lleyton+Bec+engaged

CooCooCachoo
01-31-2005, 07:26 AM
:crazy: Lleyton :retard:

CooCooCachoo
01-31-2005, 07:27 AM
please tell me he was drunk or something.

btw here are some articles:

http://au.search.yahoo.com/search/news?p=Lleyton+Bec+engaged

He must have been :shrug:

Jackie
01-31-2005, 07:28 AM

Lleyton being a bit insane at the moment is no excuse for that comment

Jackie
01-31-2005, 07:32 AM
I find this really surprising, but considering the fact that he went out with Kim for so long, I think that the longer you go out and stay engaged, it becomes hard for you to want to commit and marry. I mean it was short considering how long its been since he broke up with Kim. Lets hope it lasts and is not something that will melt down very soon. I just hope that they are doing the right thing and not making a mistake. At the same time, maybe it is better for him to marry someone from his own country. They understand each other more and the culture is the same.

Were cultural differences ever a problem for Lleyton and Kim? I think the real test for his relationship with Bec will be when he starts travelling again and she has to stay back to work

Jackie
01-31-2005, 07:34 AM
i think kim has a little more class than that!

Sorry, I meant one of her people would have told the media

*SKYE*
01-31-2005, 08:22 AM
Good on them and Good Luck

bad gambler
01-31-2005, 08:25 AM
good luck to the both of them

Nikki♥
01-31-2005, 09:45 AM
Pfffff. Hasn´t he only been with her for a few months? It´s way too early to get engaged. In a few months they will get married and a few months after that they´ll probably realize that they´re still too young to live happily everafter and get divorced again. :rolleyes: I thought Lleyton was a lot wiser than that.

hablovah19
01-31-2005, 11:49 AM
Damn. His loss to Safin really went to his head. :rolleyes:

Angle Queen
01-31-2005, 12:02 PM
Advice to Lleyton:

Get a good lawyer.
Get a good travel agent.
Get a good psychiatrist.

Seems you already have a good jeweler.

Riley Finn
01-31-2005, 12:08 PM
does he want to break another record? how many engagements can you do in one year.

Experimentee
01-31-2005, 12:15 PM
Probably wanted something to take his mind off losing the final :rolleyes:
The engagement will probably last less time than his engagement to Kim did.

User ID 4783
01-31-2005, 02:04 PM
Probably wanted something to take his mind off losing the final :rolleyes:
The engagement will probably last less time than his engagement to Kim did.
:rolleyes: I agree, how long were they engaged?

kim-fan
01-31-2005, 02:14 PM
:rolleyes: I agree, how long were they engaged?

almost a year

Aleksa's Laydee
01-31-2005, 02:19 PM
OMG what is he serial engament freek?

:haha:

joeb_uk
01-31-2005, 02:21 PM
silly boy! he is engaged to kim and look what happened there

TheMightyFed
01-31-2005, 02:24 PM
"How to divert attention when you lose a Grand Slam: get engaged" by Hewitt

TheMightyFed
01-31-2005, 02:26 PM
When will this guy do something with discretion ?
Could Sampras take him for an internship for a while ?
C'mon !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

budgirlbz
01-31-2005, 02:29 PM
Can anyone say, REBOUND?

REBOUND!!!

onewoman74
01-31-2005, 02:32 PM
what's wrong w/ hewitt? he's so young and he travels the majority of the year...does he really need to get married at this time in his life? I don't really understand the rush.
w/ Kim it made a more sense -same profession and similar schedules. this chick is an actress- when will they have time to see each other? if brad and jen can't make it then what's the point of these two even trying.

just a bit cynical...

WyveN
01-31-2005, 02:37 PM
Hewitt really is the rebound ace.

TheMightyFed
01-31-2005, 02:38 PM
what's wrong w/ hewitt? he's so young and he travels the majority of the year...does he really need to get married at this time in his life? I don't really understand the rush.
w/ Kim it made a more sense -same profession and similar schedules. this chick is an actress- when will they have time to see each other? if brad and jen can't make it then what's the point of these two even trying.

just a bit cynical...

When you see how hard it is for him to stay in place on the courts, with his bunch of rituals every minute, I guess it's the same with girls, he can't help proposing ... :p

undomiele
01-31-2005, 02:47 PM
I guess he's just a hopeless romantic. :shrug: Never would have figured that looking at the guy.

TheMightyFed
01-31-2005, 02:53 PM
Do you guys think Lleyton kept the same ceremony, church, witnesses, etc., than the ones forecasted with Kim ? The timing is perfect after all !! :devil:

budgirlbz
01-31-2005, 03:13 PM
No one is saying they are not in love - just that it is very early in a relationship to be getting engaged.

and that he just got out of almost a 5-yr relationship with his EX-FIANCEE, Kim...and that he is supposed to be getting married to Kim on Saturday...

it's a bit strange for him to be engaged now...well...i hope he was thinking clear and logical when he popped the question...

Madame Hollywood
01-31-2005, 03:24 PM
Oh my God, Hewitt propossed and Bec was actually so stupid to say 'yes'?!! Waah..!!

plum_juice10
01-31-2005, 07:17 PM
I wonder what Kim has done wiv her engagement ring...probably gave it back to Hewitt and he pawned it for another one to give to Bec! But seriously, good luck to them and if they can make it work...

The BBC said that they knew each other from 5 years ago and were really good friends...wasn't that the time he met Kim, obviously he thought she was better!

Iheartandy&roger
01-31-2005, 07:21 PM
Congrats! Hopefully this one will work for him!

howardean
01-31-2005, 08:56 PM
The BBC said that they knew each other from 5 years ago and were really good friends...wasn't that the time he met Kim, obviously he thought she was better!

do you mean kim (correct answer) or bec (wrong answer)?

sprinterluck
01-31-2005, 11:26 PM
Advice to Lleyton:

Get a good lawyer.
Get a good travel agent.
Get a good psychiatrist.

Seems you already have a good jeweler.

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: LMAO

Lleyton a shop-o-holic...loves dropping his cash at Tiffany's. Maybe he gets the diamonds wholesale. At the rate he's going, one marriage proposal a year, I'd say it would be a good idea.

Jackie
02-01-2005, 12:48 AM
Do you guys think Lleyton kept the same ceremony, church, witnesses, etc., than the ones forecasted with Kim ? The timing is perfect after all !! :devil:

God, I hope not. I'm sure their parents are having words to both of them at the moment